(Close Window)
Topic: What made you pick your Café name?
This should be interesting. What made you pick the user name here on the Café? We all have different reasons. A few of the people here use their real names.

I picked [b]Seismic[/b] because of a band. This band, Dogwood, had a brand new CD out titled [i]Seismic[/i]. As I was siging up I was listening to the CD and the name of the album came to mind.

Chris
I was in a music shop one day buying reeds. The cashier asked for information for their mailing list (gave me a discount that day, too). Not wanting huge amounts of junk mail, I gave them a jazzy sounding name so I could easily identify junk from mail. That name was: Mr. Blindbo Somebody.

I get more mail for Blindbo than for anyone else. I expect one day he'll have to file a tax return.
I thought I'd choose something that I didn't like since I thought that most people would choose a name related to something they liked or enjoyed.

I can't stand beetroot. Just the smell of it makes me feel sick.

Call me weird if you want.

Cheers,
Beetroot (yuk!)
It's my real name!
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Sep 28, 2003 08:33PM)
I went with a contraction of my name. It gets real funny when folks address me by the bbs id though.
Cameron Roat = RoatC
Jordan+ini = Jordini
Standing on a beach in Kihei, Hawaii, about midnight, looking at the Milky Way, which is unbelievably brilliant as it stretches from the sky all the way down to the ocean. All I hear are the waves breaking as they reach the shore; so extraordinarily peaceful I can hear myself think. It is genuine magic that makes me feel like a kid.
I enjoy collecting antique and quality magic props, so (magi=magic+col=collector) or in other words I have too much time on my hands.

M1 :whatthe:
MacGyver because of well...MacGyver. Always been a nickname.
Evan Williams...Hmmmmm... :bg:
When I registered here I tried my first name and it worked. I was worried I would have to come up with something else, luckly I didn't have to.

Anabelle :giving:
The vernon wand spin was the first thing I learned in magic.
My initials, and my "lucky" number. :devilish:
Andini was my early stage name!
I want people to know who is making the comments in my posts!
I was aiming for Maestro, but that name was already taken. So Mistro waz the answer. :kewl:
Zombie is my favorite effect, and I am fourteen, so hence = ZOMBIEBOY!
Hey Scott,
I understand about the name but what about the model you hired for the pic? :rotf: Just kidding.

GlenD = Glen + "D" (last name initial)...Probably does not require any explanation at all.
I picked mine from a book I'm writing. It's called Primrose, and Leon is the main character. :bigdance:
As a teen growing up doing my magic in school especially the escapes, "Houdini", was a frequent nickname people called me, as well as "Magicman". While it was flattering to be called by my magic hero's name, I wanted to be a little sounding like him, but with my own identity. Luckily with my name Ed, (Edward), ini, fits just nicely at the end. Since then I've been "Eddini The Magician" as a professional name, so I just used it when joining the group. :) :bluebikes: :handcuffs:
Wow! I was right. There are some interesting reasons of why we picke what we did.

More more!

Chris
I am a Jr. I never liked Jr. Much. In fact one of my vehicles has license plates registered as "JR THIS"

I had a hard time with Jr. as a kid and my mother started calling me ReyRey instead...or Rey to the second power thus R2 and for others it is just deuce or 2.

I had my name legally changed to Rey Rey in 1987.
I am redundant I know!

I am glad you created this thread Seismic. I too often wondered of other folks handles. Gracias!
~r2
Reyrey, de nada!

Adios amigo,

Chris
My name is Cy.

My girlfriend's name is Nic.

This makes me the male component of the CyNic Foundation, hence "MrCyNic".

The CyNic Foundation says: BE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

Cheers,

Cy.
It's my name!
It was how I felt on the day I chose my name.
I do not know ...i am lost... :sun:
I LOVE PEZ!!!!! Been collecting the dispencers for quite some time now. and god...well....pezgod sounds better than pezboy or pezman, don't you think?
Deepest I've ever been diving ... three atmospheres :o)
So I would not be confused with Mr. Guinn!
Message: Posted by: the_great_stupido (Oct 11, 2003 11:29AM)
I forgot why. :dizzy:
Welshwizard:I am Welsh, wizard is magical and the alliteration of the W sounds good.
Mr. X = Misdirects
Moffmo = Matthew

don't ask me how..... that's how it was when I was 3 year old. (Trying to write my name)

Matt
My name is Hĺkan. "Hawkan" is the closest how to pronounce it for all you english-speaking people.

Hĺkan
:wavey:
LeConte is my real name. Since there arn't many guys running around with this name it was not taken.

Nice thread by the way!!! :nod:
I use this for everything so why not here?
Real name. The 3 is my favorite number but, means more than that. I'm the third generation Lee in my family. Lee Foley III :cheers: Leaving out the middle initial is very mysterious,no?! ha,ha!!
Message: Posted by: pasteboardforbrains (Oct 20, 2003 02:45PM)
My e-mail adress is klorineforbrains. I picked it because I thought it was clever and related to swimming. I adapted it for magic.
I was on another site and saw a username of captain or something like that. So I decided I would be colonel, except I wasn't sure on how to spell it so I picked kernel. None of that silent "r" garbage. :bg:
Long ago, in my younger years, I was an emcee (rapper) / graffiti artist / dj and nearly everyone in that culture goes by a nickname (putting my REAL name on a wall, illegally, in the middle of the night would be a bit dumb, don'tcha think?). We arbitrarily came up with "E-Tip" for me...slowly it evolved into Mr. E-Tip and, once we heard the "mystery" in Mr. E, we dropped the "Tip" part. So, for the past oh...7 years, this is what I've been called.

21 is, and always has been, my lucky number.

;)
I raced out and attempted to beat the glut of Ron Giesecke's in the Café from getting a personalized Café name.

Lord knows I'd be really irritated by having to post my user name as Ron Giesecke2. :banana:
I thought I posted here.

I use it to undersell my approach. If you lower expectations then it is easier to amaze.

Plus it helps keep me grounded.

When I want to puff it up a bit. Then I am from the

Legendary
Academy of
Magic
Extraordinaire

Cheers - El Lamo
Before I really got back into magic I had a fav. song by Jefferson Airplane called WhiteRabbit. I used it as a signiture when I wrote poetry. I got back into magic and used the first letters of the names WR.
Most magically yours,
WhiteRabbit or WR :wow:
My hope is that, with no name attached, my words will be judged by their inherent worth.
Now that makes me wonder even more who you are.....

Chris
My original nickname here was IceRaven02. I picked that name because when I first joined, I was stuck coming up with something. Whenever I need a new, creative idea, I check my surroundings for help. I had a glass of soda with ice in it sitting on the desk, and at that moment a raven happened to swoop by outside my window. The 02 was just in case the name was already taken. And so I became IceRaven02. I switched to the name I currently have when I became a Grammar Hostess. :bg: But, as Peter Marucci deftly pointed out, I could have just as easily become SodaWindow. :rolleyes:
Years ago when the internet was new, and the first commercial games came online, I was a bigtime gamer and used the name Stardog. I picked the name because I was staying in a trailer deep in the woods and the lady who let me stay there had a dog. One night I got up about 3 in the morning and looked out the window and saw him on the porch, sitting there looking at a shooting star that burned for a long time. I opened the door and told him "go home because you ar'nt going to catch any shooting star dog" Later everybody stole my name and used it everywhere for everything and I couldn't get an account anywhere so I had to become Kingstardog.

For the folks that were badly beaten and humiliated playing Doom, Quake, and Command and Conquer by Stardog....I'm still not sorry about it!
This is my stage name for a long time. I did not even think of a suppementary one if it were taken. Since I was one of the early members, I was lucky enough to pick it up. :dancing:
Two words-

ultimate silliness
I used to be a huge fan of the Redwall series, Redstreak was my name on a Redwall wedsite.
It's my domain name, all the other magic related domains were taken. Also Swedish for magician. Although I'm English.
:bat: