(Close Window)
Topic: Get Booked Marketing For Magicians 6 DVD set by Benji Bruce - DVD
I think I saw this guy on a morning show doing magic. With 6 DVD's it must be thorough.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14202

Over 9 hours of marketing training videos to get gigs.

DISK 1:

Art of Branding
Business Card
Promo Packet
Copywriting
Time Management

DISK 2:
Pricing
Persuasion
Ways to get gigs
$1000 gig
Perform like a Businessman

DISK 3:
Video Marketing
Email System
Email System 2
Email Inquiry Client
Email Inquiry Agent
Google Alerts
Facebook

DISK 4:
Public Show Setup
Public Show Publicity
Public Show Selling

DISK 5:
Building Relationships
Your Show
Building a Website

BONUS DISK:
List of Event Planners
Business Card Template
Public Show Template
"Businessman Performance" MP3
Promo Packet Example
TV appearances
Live performance footage
Social Media Branding Video
Uh Ohhh...

If certain members of the Café see this one, it's ON!!!

Ding-Ding!

Hank
What a joke! He's as qualified to speak on the subject as I am to lecture on rocket science.

And by the way....it's disc, not disk.
Saw this on Hocus-Pocus last week, it gave me a little chuckle.

Hope you do well from it Benji.
What is the back story? I was taking a look at this - but what makes this product less creditable? (just wondering before letting loose with $$) Please feel free to PM if you don't want to post publically.
Thanks!
Ya get ready for a circus over this. The guy has a history of crashing parties where he wasn't invited doing a few tricks and taking video testimonials. I saw him become a "guru" in the matter of 6 months. Oh well it on.
[quote]
On 2012-04-13 19:38, JordanB wrote:
W

And by the way....it's disc, not disk.
[/quote]

It's the Russian short foma. "He threw the diskus". I had a bowl of borscht before I logged in.
Mhhhhh
all out of stock?

http://www.creatingsuperstars.com/products/#
Eric,
That's interesting, some of those courses listed on that site for sale cost $399 - $499, yet they "appear" to contain some of the same material for sale in his $60 DVD marketing set, "Get Booked Marketing For Magicians" set discussed above. Hmmm...interesting...

Hank
I'm sorry I posted about this product and then again, I'm glad I posted about it.

How did he get name endorsements?
[quote]
On 2012-04-17 10:37, Zombie Magic wrote:
I'm sorry I posted about this product and then again, I'm glad I posted about it.

[b]How did he get name endorsements?[/b]
[/quote]

(emphasis mine)

One hand washes the other. ;)
[quote]
On 2012-04-17 10:37, Zombie Magic wrote

How did he get name endorsements?
[/quote]

The same way he gets his video footage, testimonials, and references.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 21, 2012 06:15AM)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462863&forum=44&46

For sale ALREADY? http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=463275&forum=77&0

R
Two in the same day, although one and this initial post seem quite suspicious.
Not sure why everyone is hating. No one has even see the product. I thought his book was awesome and I got A LOT out of it. Helped me learn how to focus my marketing efforts a lot. Perhaps no one here has actually read his book, or perhaps some are just jealous he's doing what you can't? I don't know. If you read his stuff though, the man knows what he's doing. He's walking the walk. Most are just here on the Café talking the talk. I don't get it. Having someone who knows how to be very successful in the business be willing to tell you exactly how you did it--and you're not interested in hearing his ideas? I'm confused.

Mat
His ideas and methods are business ethics and scamish approached to both performance and business have been well documented as well as his lack of experience. Just two short years ago he was on here asking the most elementary beginner questions. He's all about hype and self-image. Plus he's well documented through videos that show his relative inexperience. Do you want professional advice from someone with a long track record of proven professional experience, or a kid who trying to be something he's not, manufacturing a guru image that has only been in the real world of doing this for just a few months. Spend your money how you want, but don't say you weren't warned.
If it only took him two years to get to where is now then I'm definitely interested in what he has to say. Maybe you're just uncomfortable with marketing? The ideas Benji presents are the same as those of most other successful people as far as I can tell. I don't feel anything he's presented has been scammish or ethically questionable. Perhaps we can agree to disagree on this, Mindpro. Just wanted to throw in my two cents on this as I bought his book, read it, and really got a lot out of it--learned a lot and keeping myself busier building business than I was beforehand.
Get booked is a great book ,full of information ,i loved it !!!
I  understand if some of you may  dislike his method
of doing business but I  also understand that you may
feel uncomfortable because he is inspiring ,not one of your friends
Outside Café also not yet one of the established classic authors or
Performers that some of Café members give great reviews  just
Because who wrote or put out a product out. Its even  more
Impressive how people still  give reviews without reading a book
and just assuming what the content may or is.  Some of you  may be happy being performing for many years and just making A quiet living out of it and may think only old approaches work,
Remember many of us do this as  a business and not as a hobby
what may not work for you may Work for someone else.I sense hate with Benji products By some Café members
some question  his qualifications I just wonder where would any art would be if one would always  have to be qualified to be on the right track and making it work for other people .Some people hate seeing people being successful .Let us see all those qualified people that disagree make Something worth  buying or following.
I wasn't referring to the book. Restaurants seems the one area where he does have actual experience. I was referring to his quickly tossed together courses mentioned here and his high priced guru line of products he';s promoting that have yet to even be developed. Also most of his information offered is rehashed info from others. I would prefer to supp0ort those creators.

Yes his methods include lying, faking, staging things that are not as they really appear, etc. Yes, I prefer to stay away from these types if methods. To each his own.
I'm sitting here listening to his DVD Get Booked. If I had this information 10 years ago, it would have shortened my learning curve dramatically. Is this information available from other sources, of course. The guys that do the most shows are not the guys with the best magic, it's the guys with the best marketing. I have seen many programs that cost much more with less information. For $60, this a great bargain. P.S never met Benji before.
Thanks guys. I was hoping people would catch on to the fact that those who don't have the product are the ones talking bad about...and I don't see how someone can talk about a product they don't have. For all the guys who do have it...remember to go to the bonus disk for the websites that have the list of event planners ;).
Benji, in another thread where you invited people to ask you about your marketing there is an important post for you to address. It's from Hart Keene, a talented, professional Magician from Portland. I believe you know who he is.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=463648&forum=44&158&start=150

I urge you to read what Hart asked and to answer him.

Clarke
Just watched a few of the DVDs from this set. Well worth the $45 price tag and a great companion to the book, as well as a stand alone product. Lots of solid, practical, and real-world advice and work is covered. Put these ideas into action and you will book more shows at higher prices. Honestly, I already used some of the techniques from Benji's book to book my highest paid contract ever. This is one of the best investments I've made in magic in years. And just so it's clear, I have not ever met Benji Bruce, and I paid the full price for both products.
[quote]On Apr 25, 2012, Zombie Magic wrote:
Benji, in another thread where you invited people to ask you about your marketing there is an important post for you to address. It's from Hart Keene, a talented, professional Magician from Portland. I believe you know who he is.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=463648&forum=44&158&start=150

I urge you to read what Hart asked and to answer him.

Clarke [/quote]

Goodness, now that's a revealing post.