(Close Window)
Topic: Inside News
I have leraned that a fellow Tenyo fan and contributor here is very close to having an extremely clever effect of his produced my a well known magic manufacturer. It is not Tenyo but another well known exclusive magic manufacturer. I am sure more news will be forthcoming soon, but I can tell you it is a very clever self working effect that many of you will want.

Perhaps the creator will come on and share more detals when they are available... some of you may assume I am talking about Angelo... it is someone else in this case.

John
:dancing:

Looking forward to it! Keep us informed John or/and Mr. Inventor!
I know that you are going to love this Killertweety...
I know who it is!!! :applause:
I will be looking forward this for sure :)
Who??....any clue about the effect?
It isn't Nicolino (who invented Mati envelope and Chances Toquen, the first one is recommended if you're into mentalisme by the way, I don't have the second one) or yourself isn't it JM (also an inventor as most of you know)? ;) Or Simcossor (sorry if I spelled this the wrong way)? Or Richard Kaufman? Can't think of anyone else if it isn't Angelo Carbone ... :)
Oohhhh the tension :P
Not me but more will be revealed as the project moves forward. I will say Killertweety that if it goes how the inventor hopes it will be a perfect marriage with an effect I believe you own...
[quote]
On 2012-04-18 11:40, Nicolino wrote:
I know who it is!!! :applause:
[/quote]

Now, I think I know who it is! :)
Honestly, I was ROCK SOLID SURE it was JM!
Obviously I was wrong.
No definitely not me....
Pity...
No worries Nicolino... as you know I am far too busy working on crazy mentalism ideas with coins! I am very excited for this individual and the opportunity to have an idea showcased this way.
It's definitely not me, however I can tell you that the next Tenyo line released in late fall 2012 will have a new Lubor Fiedler effect! :)
Once more great news Richard :) It's going to be a very exiting autumn it seems, I better begin to save some money ;)
Don't you just love the Fiedler!!
That is good news Richard but this will not be a Tenyo effect, but one "of our own" here is behind it.

John
... Just wanted to let you know that I am hearing this project is progressing and the inventor (one of our own) will be seeing the finished effect soon for evaluation... stay tuned!

John
Dandy news! Any chance you took the Stereo 'How to build suspense like Alfred Hitchcock' home study course?
Like waiting for the inverted Heinz Ketchup bottle to be ready to use "anticipation....anticipation is making me wait." circa Carole King. :)
Ah, Carly Simon.
That's correct Carly Simon, same time frame. Don't think back then I noticed the difference when played on the radio a billion times. : )

But I do think I felt the earth move under my feet!
LOL guys! ... More news will come in a week or so.

John
:pop:
Not me, but wish it was.
... Just heard that the creator has received the finished product for review.... He has sent me a picture.... Beautiful! We are getting close now!
Is it one of the four new items for release later this year?
There's that suspense thang again. Kinda fits...Sir John Talbot Esquire. I believe Alfred Hitchcock became Sir Alfred Hitchcock too.
Lol! Inert

As mentioned above this is not Tenyo, but it is a beautifully crafted piece of close up magic that Tenyo fans will love.
Ah, not Tenyo, sorry.
How about a few hints is it made of wood, metal, or plastic? ;)
I believe the answer is no, yes, yes...
Alright now we are getting somewhere. Does anything disappear, penetrate, change color, or get mentally ascertained? Can it be performed in your underwear? :)
No,yes,no,no,yes
Wowowowow!
Yes indeed wow... a new penetration effect in the old underwear trick. ;)
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 16:25, MrWizard wrote:
Yes indeed wow... a new penetration effect in the old underwear trick. ;)
[/quote]
ha ha ha LMAO!
Had a chance to review the draft instruction sheet for this last night, along with photos of the prop in action. This is a beautiful piece of close-up magic. Am hearing the official release will probablly be in the late October, Early November range. Start saving those pennies.
How much pennies approximately?
Hi Felix... I don't believe final pricing has been 100% confirmed but I am guessing it will be in the Tenyo Flotaing Lady in package range.
Nice analogy, thanks John.
You are saying that the trick was created by one of the members here and produced by a well known company?

Are you abble to give us the following 2 hints?:

_ the company that will produce the trick is based in an English speaking country?
_ the member that created the trick has posted in this topic?
... unable to comment yet on those specific questions... sorry MP... But yes it is a well known and respected company and yes the person behind this release is known on this forum.
Lol....this mystery is becoming more and more intriguing......you said metal and plastic.....and penetration......i'm thinking in coins.....or........a metal rod that is penetrated by a plastic something...
Maybe an old crappy phanto block! LOL!
... Perhaps I will suggest that as the advertising slogan " Better than an old crappy phanto block!"
I have seen some of Angelo's new creations and I think they are great!
Not sure which effect you are talking about since he is working on several that will hit the magic market soon.
My quess it involves milk, if so then this effect is highly recommended!
... This is not Angelo for those playing along at home....
[quote]
On 2012-09-12 20:17, simcoscor wrote:
[/quote]
LOL:
How do you put the image IN the post and not as a link??
You have to upload the picture to a webspace.

For example link to picture: http://www.tenyo.be/images/thetenyorabbit2.jpg

Place this link between [ING] tags: [ING]link[/ING] --> replace the N with an M of course, I typed 'N' because I got an error otherwise! :).

[img]http://www.tenyo.be/images/thetenyorabbit2.jpg[/img]
Or you can use http://imageshack.us/
Hey MP that looks much better than Simon's "crappy" version!
Sorry for the 'spam', but perhaps this is fun ... . Does any of you guys know what Tenyo package I used to scan my Tenyo Rabbit for my website? It it one of the biggest 'Tenyo Rabbit's' you can find on a package :)
... good question... I'll take a blind stab... "Bare Bones"
[quote]
On 2012-09-13 18:18, J M Talbot wrote:
... This is not Angelo for those playing along at home....
[/quote]
Too sad - his cut and restored Deck is just great!
Am anxious to see more of Angelo's effects marketed as well... but this item is pretty cool as well!
[quote]
On 2012-09-14 11:27, J M Talbot wrote:
... good question... I'll take a blind stab... "Bare Bones"
[/quote]
That could be it, but it isn't :) Take a look at your boxes (the trick comes in a box, not some flat package) and I'm sure you'll find it. I believe the size on my website is the same size as on the box :) (I THINK it is, if I would have made it larger it would have been only a few mm). It's a pretty rare but highly sought after trick.
By the way, if I recall correctly even the colors are the same (also the yellow background!).
[quote]
On 2012-09-14 11:37, J M Talbot wrote:
Am anxious to see more of Angelo's effects marketed as well... but this item is pretty cool as well!
[/quote]
I could not agree more!
... unforunately my packaging is stored in plastic bins in the attic... unlikely I will be taking that journey of discovery anytime soon :)

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 11:49am
Second stab... Ninja Experiment...
[quote]
On 2012-09-14 11:49, J M Talbot wrote:
Second stab... Ninja Experiment...
[/quote]

WE HAVE A WINNER! Congrats John :) Saved you a trip to the attick ;)
... I assume I get a prize... Simon always gives out prizes :)
[quote]
On 2012-09-14 02:10, Killertweety wrote:
You have to upload the picture to a webspace.

For example link to picture: http://www.tenyo.be/images/thetenyorabbit2.jpg

Place this link between [ING] tags: [ING]link[/ING] --> replace the N with an M of course, I typed 'N' because I got an error otherwise! :).

[img]http://www.tenyo.be/images/thetenyorabbit2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

got it....thank you!
[quote]
On 2012-09-14 09:45, stereo wrote:
Or you can use http://imageshack.us/
[/quote]
OK...thank you stereo.
[quote]
On 2012-09-13 23:14, magic patagonia wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-12 20:17, simcoscor wrote:
[/quote]
LOL: [img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/Magie%20diverse/crappyPhanto.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

WOW Roberto! Now, this is heck of a CRAPPY Phanto Block! Did your grand-father told you the name of the guy who made this one?
[quote]
On 2012-04-18 10:00, J M Talbot wrote:
I have leraned that a fellow Tenyo fan and contributor here is very close to having an extremely clever effect of his produced my a well known magic manufacturer. It is not Tenyo but another well known exclusive magic manufacturer. I am sure more news will be forthcoming soon, but I can tell you it is a very clever self working effect that many of you will want.

It is finally time to update this post!! I am very pleased to say that one of our regular contributors here and knowledgeable magic collector Simon Corneille (simcoscor) has been working closely with Magic Wagon on a new release! I understand we are days away from the official announcement of the release from Magic Wagon. I do not want to say to much before Magic Wagon releases details, however it is a beautifully made (have seen photos) rendition of a classic effect with some clever additions from Simon. I know Simon has been very involved in the project from developing the original conceptual drawings, suggesting design elements and fine tuning the handling.

Simon has a real passion for beautifully made close up apparatus and this has truly been a labor of love for him. I unfortunately only own a few Magic Wagon pieces but I will be jumping on this one. If you are on Magic Wagon's e-mail list you should be receiving word soon. Thier items usually sell out quickly and I am sure this will be no exception. Congratulations Simon!

John
WOW.....this sounds very exiting!!.....knowing the quality of Magic Wagon and the mind of Simon (I have Oraculum, a super clever piece of mentalism) I can only expect a great piece of magic.....I'll keep waiting for my Magic Wagon alert!!!
... should be very soon magic patagonia
Congratulations Simon!!!

I have always admired the Magic Wagon items but have resisted buying them and opening that can of worms.

My obsession with Tenyo is enough for now.
@John Talbot: Thank you so much for your kind words and your support throughout this process!

John has been in the know since I received a positive answer from Magic Wagon on this project (that's 8 months ago!), and he generously offered his advice on various issues that emerged along the way. Thanks for that John, it's been a lot of fun! :)

@John Mezza: Thanks! You're right: collecting Magic Wagon’s items can be an expensive hobby... and even more if one buys them on “used market”! The good part is that they release a new item every couple of months... no need to wait a full year!

@Roberto: Thanks for your interest and kind words about Oraculum. I hope that the "Majestic Die Penetration" will meet your expectations.

It should be available from Magic Wagon Sunday or Monday... I know that only 60 sets have been made (and I doubt that more sets will be made in the future).

Simon
Wow very cool will be watching for this one to appear. I never go to the Magic Wagon Site "why" cause they are out of stock on every single item no matter when I do go. But I will be watching for Majestic Die Penetration! Good for you Simon exciting to hear someone has a product ready to come out.
Thanks Simon, it was fun to be part of the journey on this. Simon has added some nice "Tenyo like" creativity to this and I am anxious to get one to play with!

John
Must buy for me - no questions asked :)
You will like this Killer, I believe it will be a great complement to Magic Wagon's Hydro Die which I believe you own ( unfortunstely I did not jump on that!)

John
I had the pleasure of seeing the Majestic Die Penetration in Bangkok the other day and it’s absolutely beautiful.

Tony Curtis
And we have lift off gentlemen! My order is in :)

Will be great in combination with Hydro Die indeed John, they look to be the same color/material!
It's online :

http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=118&pa=8

Good luck for the one will try to buy it.
Looks great, Simon! Will there be a video demo some day?
That looks cool. Is it made of metal?
My order is in as well!

John
I am happy to say that I just bought my first Magic Wagon trick.

I looked at all the great pieces of magic on the site but in the end I decided that the new Magestic Die Penetration by Mr. Simon Corneille was the best so I bought that one.

I am looking forward to getting it.
Congratulation John ! Hope you will be happy.

In fact you don't really have the choice because there is only one trick available for sale, Magestic Die Penetration.
What a stunning piece of work. I love what Magic Wagon is doing with this ornate, hand-carved gold motif. The pieces really do look mystical and mysterious.
Already sold out. That was fast.
Gosh, I just missed it...
I will sell you mine for ...

One Million Dollars!
Maybe... but only if you come up with an original packaging for it... ;)
No, but it does come with professionally made reproduction packaging and instructions. ;-)
[quote]
On 2012-12-09 03:42, MrWizard wrote:
Good for you Simon exciting to hear someone has a product ready to come out.
[/quote]
Thanks Mr Wizard. Yesterday was indeed an exciting day for me!
[quote]
On 2012-12-10 02:55, Tony Curtis wrote:
I had the pleasure of seeing the Majestic Die Penetration in Bangkok the other day and it’s absolutely beautiful.
[/quote]
Thanks Mr. Curtis. It’s probably even nicer under the sun of Bangkok...
[quote]
On 2012-12-10 13:31, Killertweety wrote:
Will be great in combination with Hydro Die indeed John, they look to be the same color/material!
[/quote]
Thanks for your support Killer. Majestic Die Penetration is indeed intended to be a perfect prequel to the [url=http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=112]Majestic Hydro Die[/url]. First, a die penetrates a solid blade; then, the same die vanishes inside a "water torture cell", only to reappear in any chosen location...
[quote]
On 2012-12-10 15:54, Nicolino wrote:
Looks great, Simon! Will there be a video demo some day?
[/quote]
Thanks Nicolino. A video...?
BTW, where is Magic Patagonia?
[quote]
On 2012-12-10 18:23, John Mazza wrote:
Is it made of metal?
[/quote]
100% pure gold.
Kidding. But the blade is 24K gold plated.
The tube/lid/base are made of resin, that have a metallic (bronze) look.

Cheers!
Simon :)
Yes, I am on the email list as a long term customer and ordered immediately after they sent it to me. In fact they told me about it after the last effect came out as I was inquiring what the next effect would be and I was surprised that they told me, but I keep it quiet as to make sure I got one! John..congrats on your first MW piece. I absolutely love these guys. They make the kinds of effects I like and they do it well and they do it in limited numbers which in effect will hold its price in the future and if its a knockout effect will go up. I think they have a great strategy as long as they come out with winning effects and for the most part they have not disappointed. Yes some effects are better than others, but on the whole, you usually cannot go wrong, so I just order when the email comes. John, you were very fortunate to get it and by the way, everything else on their website is sold out. Hope it arrives before Christmas. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Charlie
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/magesticdiepenetrationfull.jpg[/img]
Wow! Simon's head will swell even bigger when he see's that Tony! :)

Looks incredible, wish I had bought more than 10.... :)

John
I understand that it should have been a very special day for you Simon.....you must be proud to see your creation materialized in such a beautiful way....

It was an adventure for me to get my copy!!!......I have the problem with Magic Wagon that I always forget my Username and my Password.....and they have the problem that when you ask for a recovery of your data they send you only the password....no username!!!.....and no chance to open a new account because of personal info coincidence.....

I was very concern because I had the feeling that this wave of 60 units would be sold very quick (and I was not wrong).....so I send about 3 different emails to different email adresses from Magic Wagon without the hope of a quick response because of the time difference (about 10 hours with my country)......I was at the airport........and suddenly, about 30 minutes later, when I was already on the plane I receive the info from the Magic Wagon guys....so I quickly ordered it using my mobile......just before the taking off.....under the severe pressure of the flight attendant to turn it off.....

2 hours after when I landed in the north of Chile, I checked the site just for curiosity and I saw that it was already sold out.....

So congratulations Simon for you Best Seller!!
Looks really great but as always it is sold out before I can even get logged on to Magic Wagon site. :(
Magic Wagon will soon have us fighting each other in the Coliseum for their effects. Then, it will eventually be like Highlander...there can be only one.
They will make only one of each effect, and we will fight to the death to have it. Yes. Yes. Yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFsG6_r4wo
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%22there%20can%20only%20be%20one%22%20
@Tony Curtis: I’m speechless :wow:
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 19:20, J M Talbot wrote:
Wow! Simon's head will swell even bigger when he see's that Tony! :)
[/quote]
[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/Smile.jpg[/img]
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 20:19, magic patagonia wrote:
It was an adventure for me to get my copy!!!...
[/quote]
Wow! Chile, Bangkok, the plane, all the passwords... It almost sounds like a 007 movie!
Thanks for sharing the story with us Roberto, and glad you made it safely to the finishing line!
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 21:42, MrWizard wrote:
Looks really great but as always it is sold out before I can even get logged on to Magic Wagon site. :(
[/quote]
If you are interested Richard, PM me: maybe I can help... (and no fighting to death, don't worry) :)
Received confirmation that this has been shipped... Am really looking forward to playing with this!

John
If anyone would like to see some photos of previous Magic Wagon items then please ask and I will post them here.

Tony Curtis
For those interested, I have posted a review in the Latest And Greatest section.
[quote]
On 2012-12-12 23:01, Tony Curtis wrote:
If anyone would like to see some photos of previous Magic Wagon items then please ask and I will post them here.

Tony Curtis
[/quote]
It would be interesting to see some photos of the mysterious unpublished items from Magic Wagon.

I know that sometimes they sell items only thru their email list....items that are not published in their web page.....I know this because I bought one of these items (a spike thru glass penetration effect....excellent by the way)....

It would be good to know how many of these items does exist......and finally the reason why they only comercialize them this way......maybe they don't find them so good to be published in their webpage?.....or they were short runs made exclusive for old returning clients???....I really don't know....
Just had my M.D.P. delivered to me here in the midwest. This was super fast! Time to open it up.
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/mentalcasefull.jpg[/img]

Mental Case exclusively made for me by Magic Wagon in 2009.

Tony Curtis
Wow the new Majestic Penetration is quite substantial. This thing is solid! Everyone is going to be really pleased.

Chris
Just received mine as well. A beauty. Well done Simon and MW. Another winner.

Charlie
Missed the UPS delivery man today... Hopefully will catch them tomorrow! How the heck can they deliver this in two days to Canada from Bangkok... Would take 2 to 3 weeks from our "friendly" trading partner beside us. :)

John
I received mine today too. To say I am absolutely delighted with this would be an understatement! I am really happy with this, the effect is awesome, and I love the mechanism. The fact that it is examinable is icing on the cake. Bravo Simon!

I think this is the kind of effect that Tenyo collectors would really enjoy.
I got my Majestic Die Penetration today too and I like it a lot.

John Talbot, thanks for the heads up.

Simon. Great job!
Thank you all for your generous feedback. :) I could not be more pleased to hear that the Majestic Die Penetration meets your expectations. I must admit that when I first submitted the idea to the Magic Wagon team, my main objective was to get one (or two!) for my own collection, as a companion for their wonderful Majestic Hydro Die! There has been different obstacles along the production process, but as you can imagine, I'm VERY pleased with the final product. Congratulations Magic Wagon! :)

[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/MagicWagon2_zps0ca910b2.jpg[/img]
That wooden box with both tricks is awesome. You should propose that that make that too.
[quote]
On 2012-12-14 02:14, John Mazza wrote:

That wooden box with both tricks is awesome. You should propose that that ([i]they[/i]) make that too.
[/quote]
Good idea. The box looks like a perfect collector item.

:xmas:
I have 6 Majestic Die Penetration available on my website now.

Tony Curtis
Please do not encourage Simon's box habit... It is a bit of a problem :)

Receieved Majestic Die Penetration today and must say I am disapointed.... disapointed that I did not get it sooner! Can only echo what others have said... This is a stunning piece of apparatus!

Simon, what a treat to handle this prop after the e-mails we exchanged on this... I do not think it could have turned out better.... Congratulations!

Anyone that was on the fence about this I would jump on one from Tony if you can.

John
Jumped.
[quote]
On 2012-12-14 22:10, J M Talbot wrote:
Please do not encourage Simon's box habit... It is a bit of a problem :)
[/quote]
For me, Boxing day is every day!

[quote]
On 2012-12-14 22:10, J M Talbot wrote:
Receieved Majestic Die Penetration today and must say I am disapointed.... disapointed that I did not get it sooner!
[/quote]
So, it finally took three days from Bangkok to your desk!? Wow John, you have shown much more patience than usual! ;)
Sorry to ask, but I had to pay approx. 40 USD for the UPS delivery. Anyone else had this 'problem'?
I paid $15 Canadian which I thought was more than reasonable for two delivery to Canada... Guess they like us better in Canada Killer :)

John
[quote]
On 2012-12-14 09:37, Tony Curtis wrote:

Tony Curtis
[/quote]
Now only 3 left.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2012-12-15 15:51, J M Talbot wrote:
I paid $15 Canadian which I thought was more than reasonable for two delivery to Canada...
[/quote]
The first time, he offered 5 bucks to the UPS guy...That's probably why he got it only the day after... ;)
[quote]
On 2012-12-15 20:48, Tony Curtis wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-14 09:37, Tony Curtis wrote:

Tony Curtis
[/quote]
Now only 3 left.

Tony Curtis
[/quote]
Sold out.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2012-12-16 00:11, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-15 15:51, J M Talbot wrote:
I paid $15 Canadian which I thought was more than reasonable for two delivery to Canada...
[/quote]
The first time, he offered 5 bucks to the UPS guy...That's probably why he got it only the day after... ;)
[/quote]
It was $6, I' m not cheap....
Now available at Stevens Magic Emporium
http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88_90_56&products_id=113485
Un-freaking-belivable: my copy received after two days sent from Thailand to Germany.... And I even had nothing to pay to the UPS guy!
But I think I'll put the package aside for the next days....you know: xmas time! :cuteangel:
[quote]
On 2012-12-19 17:50, Nicolino wrote:
But I think I'll put the package aside for the next days....you know: xmas time! :cuteangel:
[/quote]
LOL Felix! Tell me it's a bluff...
Unlike Nicolino, I couldn't wait to unpack mine upon its arrival today. This is fantastic !!

This is my first Magic Wagon effect (because of Simon's name being asociated with it) and it's way beyond what I expected. My Mikame Final Penetration will be getting packed away.

Thank you Simon for a clever and elegant piece of magic.
Not bluffing Simon - I'm just a man of sangfroid... :D

but it is SO HARD!
[quote]
On 2012-12-20 15:01, Magikbob wrote:
Unlike Nicolino...
[/quote]
Thank you so much for your kind comments Magikbob...
Glad to hear that you are pleased with your first Magic Wagon plunge.
Believe me, collecting effects from this great manufacturer is a treat!
And as Mr John Talbot would say (to his wife) : a very wise investment! ;)
[quote]
On 2012-12-20 15:22, Nicolino wrote:
Not bluffing Simon...
[/quote]
The end of World is tomorrow, Felix.
I warned you...
[quote]
On 2012-12-20 15:22, Nicolino wrote:
...but it is SO HARD!!!!!!
[/quote]
That’s exactly what she answered me when I asked her to wait until Christmas Eve...
(Sorry, I couldn’t resist :))
[quote]... exactly what[b] she [/b]answered me...[/quote]
Do I know her?
[quote]... Christmas[b] Eve[/b]...[/quote]
Eve.....Eve....yes, I think I vaguely remember. She's a cutie, ain't she?
Tell her it was a clever move to let you wait in order to make your bells jingle even louder.... :righton:

SCNR either.

:xmastree:
Magikbob...welcome. You've now officially gone down the rabbit hole. There is no escape.
[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/red_pill_blue_pill-copy3_zps205d5c7e.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/mysteriouscasketfull.jpg[/img]

Here is another Magic Wagon former release.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2012-12-20 21:55, simcoscor wrote:
[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/red_pill_blue_pill-copy3_zps205d5c7e.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

So the blue pill at least would be totally supefluous [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=462868&forum=258&post=7791891]then[/url].
Lol! Nicolino

Nearly met the infamous simcoscor this week as I was in the Montreal area on business. Simon kindly offered to meet for dinner but unfortunately I could not get away from my work duties. Will have to wait another time for him to autograph my Majestic Die Penetration! Simon we will hook up for sure in 2013... although now seeing your fascination with blue pills I am a little nervous...

Tony, I own a Mysterious Casket... Beautiful piece. I believe only 36 of those were made is that correct?

Cheers,

John
[quote]
On 2012-12-21 18:55, J M Talbot wrote:
Nearly met the infamous simcoscor this week as I was in the Montreal area on business...
[/quote]

I would say "almost infamous", as I didn't succeed to have dinner with Mr. John Talbot this week... Unfortunately, John declined the invitation at the last minute, when I offered that I choose the restaurant and that he would take the bill.... Next time John, I'll make sure to reverse the offer: YOU take the bill and I choose the restaurant.
Unless we do it at home, as I may have interesting apparatus to show you...(don't worry...)

Tony: I always thought that only 35 Mysterious Caskets have been made... (Of course, John NEVER told me that he was owning one...). Thanks for sharing, we want more...

Nicolino: You're right: Magikbob apparently already chose the red pill, which leads to the rabbit hole... Regarding the Blue pill, I might take the plunge, one day... :jesterhat:
[quote]
On 2012-12-21 18:55, J M Talbot wrote:
Tony, I own a Mysterious Casket... Beautiful piece. I believe only 36 of those were made is that correct?
[/quote]
I am not sure exactly how many where made but it was only a small quantity.

Tony Curtis
So what I'm hearing is that Neo's answer to Trinity's question of "What do you need?", should be "Magic Wagon. Lots of Magic Wagon."
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/siamcardboxfull.jpg[/img]

Siam Card Box was one of the first veneer wood items that Magic Wagon sold.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2012-12-21 22:00, Wizard of Oz wrote:
So what I'm hearing is that Neo's answer to Trinity's question of "What do you need?", should be "Magic Wagon. Lots of Magic Wagon."
[/quote]
"Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself..."
[quote][quote]...but it is SO HARD!!!!!![/quote]
[b]That’s exactly what she answered me when I asked her to wait until Christmas[/b] [/quote]
Due to recent news which is cited above, it was suggested in a confidential telephone conversation I had yesterday with Simon to rename the effect in:

[b] [i]"Die for Penetration"[/i][/b]

I personally.....like the idea! :D
LOL Nicolino!

Christmas time is around the corner again! The season to be jolly!
I thought it might be the perfect occasion to share something with Tenyo forum mates...
First, I had the idea of an Ultratube draw among the community... Unfortunately, I do not own any yet... :(
A Tenyo Paddle Set maybe? Missing piece, also. :(
Instead, I finally chose to simply share with you a short message I received from the Magic Wagon team earlier this week. Hope you’ll appreciate...
Merry Christmas everybody and let's hope 2013 will be a Magical Year for all of us! :xmas:

[quote]
2012-12-20
Dear Mr. Simon Corneille,

(...) Next year, we will also concentrate more for Tenyo fans since we now know that many of our customers also like Tenyo products (Thanks to you for the Magic Café’s link provided on “Tenyo of Japan”.)

2012-12-22
(...) Yes, please feel free to share with Café members that we will concentrate more for Tenyo fans later next year. There should be a couple of nice items including (...) for Tenyo collectors in 2013.

Sincerely yours,
Magic Wagon Team
[/quote]
Thanks for the inside scoop Simon. I'm so glad the world didn't end. 2013 is gonna be grand...
Great news Simon! Thanks for sharing the good news with us here. I will always be looking forward to what to come from Mr. Corneille and Magic Wagon in 2013. If they would ever consider getting feedback as to how many to make so fans don't miss out, I would certainly be up for pre-ordering upcoming releases. All I can say now to Simon & MW is keep them coming and thanks for the great magic!!!

CHRIS
Yes Happy Holidays Simon and to all the others that keep the Tenyo section interesting. Just finished wrapping my last gift, time for a scotch while I stroke my Majestic Die Penetration ( that didn't sound quie right!)

Here is hoping for an amazing 2013 and new miracles to talk about here!

John
Merry Christmas To Everyone !!!
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/mightyminichameleonfull.jpg[/img]

Magic Wagon only ever made 50 of these.

Tony Curtis
Props manufactured by Magic Wagon are outstanding in quality and craftsmanship. And with limited release of these props, the props (over a period of time) are sure to become collector’s item.

:xmas:
If it can help, I just received [url=http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/MajesticStevens_zps85a83511.jpg]this ad[/url] by email from Stevens Magic Emporium earlier today... Seems that they have a few sets available.

OK, back on Tenyo...
Simon
Welcome back from your cruise Simon! Had a chance to perform Majestic Die Penetration a few times over the holidays. I think the spectators were as impressed with the beautiful appearance of this prop as the actual effect.... It got great reactions overall. I am hearing some rumors you may have some more ideas for the Magic Wagon team...

John
Thanks John! The cruise was great!
Glad to hear that you got good reactions with MDP during the Holidays!
On Christmas evening this year, my biggest hit has been a Tenyo effect: The Flying Carpet! A lot of fun!

About the rumors: you should be wary of hearsay...

What I can tell for now is that I've submitted something to Magic Wagon last september, and they liked the concept. We had a few exchanges about it since (production issues, etc.), and it looks like they will consider it seriously for 2013...
A hint: mostly another classic "revamped". And if it is to be produced, I really think that the owners of Majestic Die Penetration and/or Majestic Hydro Die would be pleased! ;)
Oh, you are a tease...
Simon and I will be meeting in person for the first time in Early March. I will try and pry a few more details out of him after a few glasses of expensive wine (Simon is paying) :)

John
[quote]
On 2013-01-19 09:49, J M Talbot wrote:
... a few glasses of expensive wine (Simon is paying) :)
[/quote]

That's the very least I can do, John!
And thanks again for paying the airfare and the luxurious hotel downtown Toronto! ;)
..... Kind of cute how Simon thinks the "Y" is a luxurious hotel...
Now all you have to do is decide what to wear.

A little song....a little dance....a little seltzer down your pants. :hysteric:
[quote]

A little song....a little dance....a little seltzer down your pants.
[/quote]

....I believe that is the hazing ritual at the Y, but don't tell Simon.
;)
I heard that Magic Wagon will release a "tenyo-like" effect next week (probably Monday)... An item somewhat similar to a T-effect that has received some votes in Edshern's "My 5 Favorite Tenyo" thread recently... it should be available in very limited quantities, as usual... Stay tuned!
[quote]
On 2013-01-22 19:44, J M Talbot wrote:
..... Kind of cute how Simon thinks the "Y" is a luxurious hotel...
[/quote]

Do I have to bring my own sheets?
Whoa!
I've heard stories about guys from Montreal.... guess I am going to find out if they are true!
I have a meeting with Magic Wagon today and will try to find out some inside news.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 19:15, Tony Curtis wrote:
I have a meeting with Magic Wagon today and will try to find out some inside news.
[/quote]

Better the scoops, better your chance to win an evening in a luxurious hotel in Toronto... ;)
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 20:28, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 19:15, Tony Curtis wrote:
[/quote]

Better the scoops, better your chance to win an evening in a luxurious hotel in Toronto... ;)
[/quote]
I will try to get a photo of Magic Wagon's new release if I can.

Tony Curtis
The next Magic Wagon item to be released shortly will be a mental effect called Four Seasons Obelisk.

Tony Curtis
Could it be an effect similar to Eye of the Idol???

Only the Moai know for sure. ;–)

[img]http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/1195576824_1355611715.jpg[/img]
[quote]
On 2013-01-30 09:44, John Mazza wrote:
Could it be an effect similar to Eye of the Idol???
[/quote]

Nope.

[b]Four (4)[/b] Seasons Obelisk...
Too bad. I was keying on the word obelisk.

When I came up with Eye of the Idol I got excited.
John

Nope won't look like Easter Island Statues.

The Four Seasons Obelisks will resemble these guys. ;)

[img]http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u622/MrWizardo/Cafe/FourSeasons_zpsa31bca2c.jpg[/img]

Richard
[quote]
On 2013-01-30 14:56, MrWizard wrote:
The Four Seasons Obelisks will resemble these guys. ;)
[img]http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u622/MrWizardo/Cafe/FourSeasons_zpsa31bca2c.jpg[/img]
Richard
[/quote]

LOL! That would be diabolical!
Diabolicus ?
A Magic Wagon version of Diabolicus was my thought too!
:huh:
[quote]
On 2013-01-30 19:15, meridianfan wrote:
[/quote]
Correct but the method to know the spectator’s selection is different and personally I think much easier.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2013-01-30 22:42, Tony Curtis wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]
Correct but the method to know the spectator’s selection is different and personally I think much easier.

Tony Curtis
[/quote]

Thanks Tony! I will definitely be looking forward to this one!
Ya I will be watching for this one too.

By the way Tony I wanted to say I sure liked your performance in the Houdini 1953 biographical film, you were great! :bg:

[img]http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u622/MrWizardo/Cafe/TonyCurtisHoudini-Poster02_zps1d2e7324.jpg[/img]

Richard
And much better looking than his avatar suggests.
[quote]
On 2013-01-30 22:42, Tony Curtis wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I pray that this won't be the same principle as [url=http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=51]MW-51 Number Vision[/url]...
I own that MW item as well and I hope it is something a little more ingenious than that method, but I am excited to hear that MW is coming out with a Diabolicus type effect. Do we know if MW used the Tenyo version as a starting point or this is just a new Mental effect by them that just so happens reminds one of Diabolicus?
I just heard from another Café member that "Four Seasons Obelisk" should cost around $200, and that it doesn't work like "NW-51 Number Vision" at all. No peak... :)
I absolutely LOVE Magic Wagon ... in a lot of cases Tenyo On Steroids is what I call them.
But ... am I the only one that isn't really interested in these kind of mentalism effects after I purchased Multidimensional?
I bought the scarab from MW.......and really didn't like it......I mean the props are a beauty but the method is horrible.....there is a vintage item from Tricks Co. called Turttle Trio with a similar method but much better.

By the other side Dragon's Altar is a beauty and the method effect and apparatus are great.

I point this out just to illustrate why I like MW but I'm not fanatic....all the props are very nice and well made but with some items you can be disapointed with the method......

Sometimes I ask some questions to them before buying any item....and they are very open to answer them.
Roberto, I agree 100% that with some items you can be disapointed with the method. That's the same for me, but in particular with some previous releases, before 2009 I would say... In the case of "MW-91 The Scarab", I was a bit disapointed on the moment, but I worked out an handling / presentation that is more easy and deceiving that the basic one suggested. In two words, I use a pendulum. I hold it with my left hand directly above a 4 colors card (Tenyo again!), while I nonchalantly hold the end of the chain with my right hand directly above the Black Scarab containing the spectator choice (thus giving me the "reading"). Oh, and I glued a small color chart on my gimmick...
Hope it helps... :)
[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/Magic%20Wagon/MagieSimon.jpg[/img]
On MW, the Quality of the Prop is always top notch however the method as Roberto says can sometimes (rarely) let you down. More often than not though I am more than pleased with what MW puts out. They cannot all be 10's, but for a company they put out more 9 and 10's consistently than any other builder I know with only the occasional 6,7's thrown in. My opinion any way.

Charlie
To answer a question I received...
If you want to have an overview of the Magic Wagon previously released items, I found an easy way to do it...
Click on any item on their website. Let say : Majestic Hydro Die. The address will show up in your browser.
http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=112
Let's refer at Hydro Die as MW-112 (OK, that's my Tenyo habit...)
Just change the last digits directly in your browser to access to other items (111, 113, etc.).
The items made solely for other retailers (for Tony as an example) will not show up in their website (ex.: Mental Case, Mighty mini Chamelon, etc.).
That's it! Not as "friendly user" as Stereo's blog, but nonetheless...
Simon
I think this is probably the most beautiful collection it is possible to build for a magician who like clever props. All items look interesting.
Unfortunately this is really something reserved to people who have financial means. I have no Magic Wagon, and I would never have, but this is typically the kind of thing that could please me. I am surprised that nobody ever did a website like I did for Tenyo (may be that it exists?). It would be an exciting adventure of collecting and expose all these treasures in internet.
I will play the lottery, you never know!
[quote]
On 2013-02-01 14:01, simcoscor wrote:
Roberto, I agree 100% that with some items you can be disapointed with the method. That's the same for me, but in particular with some previous releases, before 2009 I would say... In the case of "MW-91 The Scarab", I was a bit disapointed on the moment, but I worked out an handling / presentation that is more easy and deceiving that the basic one suggested. In two words, I use a pendulum. I hold it with my left hand directly above a 4 colors card (Tenyo again!), while I nonchalantly hold the end of the chain with my right hand directly above the Black Scarab containing the spectator choice (thus giving me the "reading"). Oh, and I glued a small color chart on my gimmick...
Hope it helps... :)
[/quote]
Good idea Simon!!
I also was thinking to attach the round part of the Scarab gimmick to one of the Turttle Trio scope extremes...it's covered by the black part of the tube...then you detach it and hand the scope to the spectator...
[img]http://www.ktmagic.com/auction/APUserImages/U3F1AYGOTMOB.JPG[/img]
By the way the Majestic Die Penetration is in the group of the favourites ;)
I agree with the Magic Wagon commentary. Their quality is always top-notch, but I think they sometimes do need some outside guidance regarding method. But remember, they are still a relatively new magic company - I believe their roots are in the jewelry box business - so maybe they'll iron these inconsistencies out as they mature...or not. Like Tenyo, they may always have some duds...but when they hit a home run, you can be sure it will be out of the park.
[quote]
On 2013-02-01 18:18, stereo wrote:
I think this is probably the most beautiful collection it is possible to build for a magician who like clever props. All items look interesting.
Unfortunately this is really something reserved to people who have financial means. I have no Magic Wagon, and I would never have, but this is typically the kind of thing that could please me. I am surprised that nobody ever did a website like I did for Tenyo (may be that it exists?). It would be an exciting adventure of collecting and expose all these treasures in internet.
[/quote]

Yes, magic can be an expensive hobby... Having a good day job helps (I should say: is necessary) of course, but it's also a matter of choice and time (I mean years, many years...). When I began collecting Tenyos in 1978, I was 18 years old : I remember that each winter, it was a difficult decision for me: do I spend 20$ on this, or on that... I was paid only $50 to do birthday shows on saturdays... ok, I didn’t have livestock... then I got married...kidding...

It became a bit easier for me at 30-35 (I quit performing at birthdays so it helped me a bit!)... I remember buying my first Warner's items. I was 32 years old. Each year, at my birthday, I was buying 3 or 4 items from Mr. Warner (that was before Internet!). I remember that time so well, his address sounded like a fairy tale...
Now that I'm older (OK, now that I'm old), I almost have the entire [url=http://www.alanwarnermagic.com/?nd=coll_simon_corneille&gallery_id=85&view=full]Warner collection [/url]... But even now, I resist to buy some of the missing items in my collection, if I think the price is to high. You doubt? Here’s an [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALAN-WARNER-INTERCHANGE-MINT-SCARCE-NO-LONGER-MADE-WITH-OI-/230832195859?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=]example...[/url].
Even today, it is still a matter of choice. As an example, I'm not willing to pay $250 for an Ultra tube, even if it's also a missing piece in my Tenyo collection... but I admit it is difficult to resist to some Magic Wagon, Promystic or Richard Gerlitz' latest...
Thanks to life, I am still healthy and I have a good job. But the day I will loose one or quit the other, I know that I will be able to maintain about the same income for a few years, by selling half of my magic. But better later than sooner.

Stereo, my first advice would be: take your time. Know what? I think a complete collection gets boring...
My second would be: never spend on lottery...

OK, now you owe me $250 for my advices... kidding (sorry, you cannot understand, French canadian humor... ;) )

Guys, sorry for my approximative English : I just wanted to make sure to be clearly understood by Davy... ;)

Simon
[quote]
On 2013-02-01 18:45, magic patagonia wrote:
Good idea Simon!!
I also was thinking to attach the round part of the Scarab gimmick to one of the Turttle Trio scope extremes...it's covered by the black part of the tube...then you detach it and hand the scope to the spectator...

By the way the Majestic Die Penetration is in the group of the favourites ;)
[/quote]

Roberto, after what I've seen from you with the Lancelot effect (among others), I can only say: Go ahead and trust your instinct my friend! :)

But this handling would be too hazardous for me :( I would rather perform my Trio turtle first, and follow with The Scarab...

Yes, both are somewhat similar. But thank God, Christopher Colombus used the Scarad principle instead of the Trio Turtle principle, otherwise I would speak Chinese... and you German...

BTW, thanks for your comment. Majestic Die Penetration is also one of my favorites, among my MW's top 5 or 6 I would say, but not because my name is associate with it (believe me or not!). I like the "gorgeous look" of the apparatus, the twist on a classic effect that was already amongst my favorites, the combination with Hydro Die, and the potential combination with another "redone" classic that I have submitted to Magic Wagon last year... We'll see if they go ahead with it...

I am a bit selfish, but a Majestic trilogy would look great in my collection :)

Simon
[quote]
On 2013-02-01 21:36, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I agree with the Magic Wagon commentary. Their quality is always top-notch, but I think they sometimes do need some outside guidance regarding method. But remember, they are still a relatively new magic company - I believe their roots are in the jewelry box business - so maybe they'll iron these inconsistencies out as they mature...or not. Like Tenyo, they may always have some duds...but when they hit a home run, you can be sure it will be out of the park.
[/quote]

Agreed. As always Wizard of Oz.
[quote]
On 2013-02-01 18:18, stereo wrote:
[/quote]

Davy,

Try these sites for photos and reviews of high quality magic (treasure trove):

http://www.qualitymagicreviews.com

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?nd=collection

http://www.thebestmagic.com

When I started doing magic I was 12 years old. Could never afford much more than royal magic at that age. I had a few Tenyo items, but these were very expensive for me at the time and cherished.
The Four Seasons Obelisk is now available: http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=120
Already ordered Simon.. When that email hits from MW I buy immediately after reading about the trick. Unless it totally turns me off (which is very rare for a MW item) I buy it as I know more often than not they will be good effects and generally hold their value. Really a no brainer as long as you have the $$ to pull the trigger.
Thank you for all your advices :o)
They mention a bag in the description....this bag is not shown in the photos...why?...it's not included??......mmmm ....I'm pretty sure that it is included with the trick because they mention a very especific bag.....this caught my attention.

The method looks very interesting.......I have no idea how it works....but I keep thinking about the bag that is not showed in any of the photos.
First, I thought it might be the same method as The SCARAB, but then I read: "To assure there is no way the performer can possibly peek or try to sneak the box open, he shows BOTH of his hands completely empty..." :worry:
I love the art on this. Very unique and unexpected for a magic prop. The price is decent too.
I jumped on this quickly.
Sounds like a miracle... I am sure it will wow them at the Y :) Seriously it is an attractive piece. Can think of a possible couple of methods.
It is still not sold out at 7:45PM here so that tells me it is not something many are finding exciting. The last released was sold out before I read the email and got the page opened at 10:30 AM. I almost clicked order but where is that bag they speak of and why does it need one? hummmm

I figured it would be sold out by now but there it still is. :rolleyes:

How many of you ordered this item beside Wizard Of Oz?
Unfortunatly the name of each season is engraved on the sides of the Obelisk. In English of course... Doesn't look quite "natural" IMO, especially for non-anglophone audiences...

But I ordered it without hesitation.
They may have made more of these.

I bought it too, my second Magic Wagon the first being Simon's which I was very happy with. I don't plan on getting every one but this one looked nice to me.
Hummm they must have made more still there 8:42PM
My cursor is on the order button..........
Like anything you should only get it if you like it.
What you think about te method guys ?????...........the bag thing doesn`t remind you to other comparable effect?.........this could help to press that button or not.
About the bag: only a pretext to take hold of the box 1 or 2 seconds?
That is really small 63/64" square x 3 5/32 long.
If that is the box size the obelisk is like 5/8 X 2 3/4?
I suppose that is a good thing nice small pocket size MW. :)
[quote]
On 2013-02-04 23:46, simcoscor wrote:
[/quote]
Sounds logical. That is an option.

Other option is that the bag has some sort of gimmick.
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 08:48, magic patagonia wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If the bag has been gimmicked, I'm pretty sure they would have include it in their picture.
I have in mind a couple of solutions for this... Not 100% practical, but workable...
It is a mystery how it works, still appears the bag is key for some reason.

Definitely like an Elite Diabolicus on steroids.

They must have made a pile of them or not one people finding good enough to grab them all up it is still there now. I am surprised it has not been sold out.
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 11:05, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 08:48, magic patagonia wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If the bag has been gimmicked, I'm pretty sure they would have include it in their picture.
I have in mind a couple of solutions for this... Not 100% practical, but workable...
[/quote]
...but why they specify a drawstring bag....
Based on the Description.... it is really hard to figure out the Method for this one. I also cant believe they are really telling you everything as it might tip the method maybe. My guess is that it's going to be a method we already know but is just dressed up somehow. I hope is is something new and unexpected however.
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 16:30, magic patagonia wrote:
[/quote]

IMO, to not have to say: "The magician holds the little box in his hand for a few seconds and than immediatly announces the spectator's choice"

BTW, as you probably noticed before, many of the MW's items already came in a red velvet drawstring bag...

In any case, if the bag would have been gimmicked in any way, they proudly would have included it on their pictures... My 2 pesos ;)
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 16:37, ChasVH wrote:
Based on the Description.... it is really hard to figure out the Method for this one. I also cant believe they are really telling you everything as it might tip the method maybe. My guess is that it's going to be a method we already know but is just dressed up somehow. I hope is is something new and unexpected however.
[/quote]

My hypothesis is that the Obelisk itself is conceived almost like the Diabolicus "white" piece. But no visual gimmick on the outside box. :)
If they where trying for the look, feel, and weight of a true stone as mentioned I would have like it better to have a color that looks like a stone with maybe some variegated lines and color changes. The gold tone takes away from any look of stone. Just my opinion, no lettering and a stone color would have been better. ;)
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 16:45, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 16:30, magic patagonia wrote:
[/quote]

IMO, to not have to say: "The magician holds the little box in his hand for a few seconds and than immediatly announces the spectator's choice"

BTW, as you probably noticed before, many of the MW's items already came in a red velvet drawstring bag...

In any case, if the bag would have been gimmicked in any way, they proudly would have included it on their pictures... My 2 pesos ;)
[/quote]
lol.........OK I hope you are right Simcoscor!
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 16:37, ChasVH wrote:
[/quote]
I hope it doesn't rely on some kind of thumb tip stuff that for sure allow you to put in the description that you can show your hands "completely empty"....
You don't like TT ? :)
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 18:12, simcoscor wrote:
[/quote]
If it uses a TT...then I could not agree with the Tony Curtis post saying that ".....the method to know the spectator’s selection is different and personally I think much easier."
OK probably would be easier than Diabolicus if you don´t have good light.....but I think it should not be as natural if you are not a good manipulator (my case :( ).
Simon

That sounds a little.... well you know. hahahaha
I have to try Diabolicus with a TT to see if it works... :)
I'm wondering if the bag has a m****t in the drawstring, or inside, and it cues you as to which side of the obelisk has been selected. We're only talking 4 seasons, and they do go in order.
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 18:22, magic patagonia wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-02-05 18:12, simcoscor wrote:
[/quote]
If it uses a TT...then I could not agree with the Tony Curtis post saying that ".....the method to know the spectator’s selection is different and personally I think much easier."
OK probably would be easier than Diabolicus if you don´t have good light.....but I think it should not be as natural if you are not a good manipulator (my case :( ).
[/quote]
I was referring to the light problem with the Diabolicus method.

Tony Curtis
Is the bag gimmicked? I was thinking the gimmick was in the obelisk and box, and the bag simply provides some cover to handle the box.
I'm thinking along the lines of Oz on this.... or maybe the method with the fine metal filings that Kaufman referenced in that rare Tenyo item he found awhile back....
Magic Wagon kindly sent me the instructions for Four Seasons Obelisk today and I can tell you that the method does not require a TT or metal filings. I can also state that the drawstring bag mentioned is an integral part of the presentation but obviously I am not able to reveal why without giving the secret away. I hope this information is of some help to anyone wishing to purchase this effect.

Tony Curtis
OK, seems that I was wrong about the use of a TT...

It is out of stock now...
http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=120
"Out of stock"

Wow, I ordered mine this morning.
Thanks Tony.... now I am intrigued and cant wait to get it. Got the shipping notice yesterday. They are a very efficient bunch. They do a good job with everything it seems...even shipping. It's hard to say anything negative about these guys... But I will throw one in there as no one is perfect... apparently one cannot look at the MW website on an Apple I-Pad as I think the MW Website has a "Flash" start-up to its website and thus you can't see everything on it...at least I cant. I wish they would change this (or better yet have Apple stuff be Flash enabled).

Charlie
I had a "FLASH" banner on my website and took it off for the same reason.

Tony Curtis
Oh, I'm sorry! I thought that I was on the Tenyo of Japan - INSIDE NEWS forum.

I love Magic Wagon Stuff, too, but I was expecting 8 pages of Tenyo INSIDE NEW and instead I get 8 pages of MAGIC WAGON.

Is there a MAGIC WAGON forum at the Café? Must be, although I have not looked yet. It has been a while since I visited this place.

Does anyone have any TENYO inside news?

Peace (Yes as in the 60s and 70s - GREAT YEARS for TENYO),

David
Just got mine. It is cold from being in the UPS Truck.

I like it a lot. I am very happy with the design, quality and method. My drawstring bag is tan with gold string.

I am sure you guys will be getting yours soon.

An observation about my Magic Works items (only 2) is that they should have provided matching boxes to store these in. A cardboard box with a nice sticker showing a picture, the name of the trick and the number would have been good. Something like Eye of the Idol.
Great news John.

About MW's boxes, they used to send their items in very nice Burgundy Boxes, made of hard cardboard... but no pictures on the boxes though. I don't know why, but they are not doing this systematically anymore...
Somebody know if MW is planning to reissue some of their previous releases????.....I would love to put my hands on their Blue Phantom version...
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 14:39, magic patagonia wrote:
Somebody know if MW is planning to reissue some of their previous releases????.....I would love to put my hands on their Blue Phantom version...
[/quote]

I contacted MW directly in 2012 to ask the same and also informed them that I would commit to a large purchase of the specific releases. Even though they would have a guaranteed quantity of new sales, they expressed to me that they have no plans to make additional runs of the previous releases. Since I was late to the MW party, I was quite bummed out with that reply. I like many others, just buy their new releases immediately so I don't miss out anymore. It's a shame that so few of their releases are made.
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 17:13, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
(...) Since I was late to the MW party...
[/quote]

I am a bit selfish, but as a collector, I prefer to buy items that have been produced in limited or very limited quantities. This alone justifies a higher price tag, to me.
Richard Gerlitz generally produces between 6 and 12 of each new release. Alan Warner (limited editions): between 12 and 25.

Tenyo Elite: ????? How many do you think? But at the same time, how much worth the 100 $ per trick that you spent on that 3 or 4 years ago?

I believe that making 50 or 60, just like Magic Wagon does, offers the best of 2 worlds... More than that, it wouldn't be such an "investment", and I wouldn't feel like being part of a "private party" anymore... ;)
Out of Stock.
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 13:36, simcoscor wrote:
Great news John.

About MW's boxes, they used to send their items in very nice Burgundy Boxes, made of hard cardboard... but no pictures on the boxes though. I don't know why, but they are not doing this systematically anymore...
[/quote]
The jewelry box factory that made all the original Magic Wagon items was severely damaged by the floods that hit Bangkok and never reopened again. They were also the people that made the burgundy color cardboard boxes that came with each item.

Tony Curtis
The last item that came in those burgundy boxes was MW-116 Mental Boxes released last summer... Maybe they already had those in stock, as the floods hit Bangkok in December 2011...right Tony?
I received mine today, and I'm completely satisfied. Quality is excellent, workings are excellent (slightly...and I do mean slightly...nacky. Takes a bit of a feel...but not much), and the delivery in speed and packaging was amazing. I don't get items one state over in this condition this fast.

So, how do we get this post back on track per lemagico, talking about Tenyo? Anyone have some inside Tenyo news to share?
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 20:53, simcoscor wrote:
The last item that came in those burgundy boxes was MW-116 Mental Boxes released last summer... Maybe they already had those in stock, as the floods hit Bangkok in December 2011...right Tony?
[/quote]
Next time I meet up with Magic Wagon I will ask if the burgundy packaging will return with any new releases they make.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 18:34, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-02-07 17:13, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
(...) Since I was late to the MW party...
[/quote]

I am a bit selfish, but as a collector, I prefer to buy items that have been produced in limited or very limited quantities. This alone justifies a higher price tag, to me.
Richard Gerlitz generally produces between 6 and 12 of each new release. Alan Warner (limited editions): between 12 and 25.

Tenyo Elite: ????? How many do you think? But at the same time, how much worth the 100 $ per trick that you spent on that 3 or 4 years ago?

I believe that making 50 or 60, just like Magic Wagon does, offers the best of 2 worlds... More than that, it wouldn't be such an "investment", and I wouldn't feel like being part of a "private party" anymore... ;)
[/quote]

Sure, I understand collecting magic as an investment. I like Magic Wagon items because of the quality of the workmanship, the design and operation of them. I am still searching for the following Magic Wagon items: Ultimate Zig Zag, Trislicer, and Mummy Mystery,

It would have been great if more of these were produced because I would really like to have one of those. Unfortunately, with single production runs of small numbers, and being "late to the party" I will have a very tough time finding these. In a perfect world, they would continue to make these items in very small production runs (so to avoid sitting on a bunch of these, but still available to people who have just recently learned of these effects). What about the people who 5 years from now come across the description of Majestic Die Penetration- a trick that is brilliant and one of my favorites, I should add, and want to buy one, but cannot find it anywhere? That is unfortunately one of the consequences of magical investments.

I would absolutely love to have a Richard Gerlitz piece, but with only 12 in the world, it becomes very difficult to get one. I have heard that his pieces tend to go for $2-5K when sold in auction.

The problem with Tenyo Elite is that they simply made too many and picked tricks that people really didn't want. Just my 2 cents...
I agree with you Meridianfan...
Magic Wagon should re-do small runs of their previous releases...
But only for:
MW-88 Number Divination
MW-63 Mini Cube-A-Libre
MW-Special Mighty mini Chameleon
If you have one available, PM me! :)

No kidding, I understand your point perfectly...
Only 50 Mighty Mini Chameleon where ever made for me in association with Larry Becker.

Tony Curtis
Got my MW item today and am very happy with method and of course quality is never a worry as it is always and I mean always top notch. That is why I don't mine pressing the buy button as soon as my email comes in unless I really don't like the effect at all (very very rare). With limited quantities being made... I know in the end I should not get hurt down the road if I have to sell unless the effect turns out to be a dud (very rare). I too am missing some of the early ones that I would love to get my hands on. Number Divinition, Mini Cube-A-Libra, Mini Chair Prediction, and Miracle Card Frame (that apparently was so hard to make and they only made a very few). I too had asked about either remaking these or finding them and got the same answers as the rest of you. I will say that one day they did tell me they found a set of Mystery of the Chinese Dice and offered them to me for the regular selling price. Needless to say I snapped them up. They are just great folks to work with.
I know that Magic Wagon have a number of new items planned for release so are concentrating on these projects rather than remaking any of their previous effects.

Tony Curtis
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/fourseasonsobeliskfull.jpg[/img]

I have 6 available.

Tony Curtis
I was on the fence buying the Four Seasons Obelisk but decided to buy the new Alan Warner (a miniature wooden version of Tenyo's Sutekina trick).
I do feel sorry not to have bought the Magic Wagon actually, it looks stunning on photo and I know it will look even more stunning in real life ... but one has to make choices ... :(

I also contacted Magic Wagon several times about reproductions. They told me some will never be remade in their original form because a company (or companies) providing materials or parts of the tricks don't exist anymore (mainly due to what happened in 2011).
I know as a fact they have had dozens of questions to remake the Mini Cube A Libre and Blue Phantom but I'm afraid they can not do that.
Perhaps one day they will in an even 'better' form as the originals remake some items, we can only hope and pray :)
So I suggest spamming them with e-mails asking for example a new miniature version Cube A Libre - a trick ver much wanted for reproduction, everyone is missing that one ;) It surprises me that no other manufacturer produces a miniature version of this effect by the way ... I'd buy it in a second if the quality was good.

Mr. Curtis, I see you often sell Magic Wagon items that recently came out. Do you ship from the United Kingdom? I almost ALWAYS have 30 - 50 EURO custom taxes when ordering from Thailand but the U.K., being in de E.U. doesn't have that problem. So in the end buying from you would often be cheaper ;)
Funny, I've also ordered Thr'N'Thru last week!! It takes until March, however, until Alan has finished the product...
[quote]
On 2013-02-09 11:06, Killertweety wrote:
Mr. Curtis, I see you often sell Magic Wagon items that recently came out. Do you ship from the United Kingdom? I almost ALWAYS have 30 - 50 EURO custom taxes when ordering from Thailand but the U.K., being in de E.U. doesn't have that problem. So in the end buying from you would often be cheaper ;)
[/quote]
I am based in Bangkok Thailand the same as Magic Wagon so ship everything from here that is ordered from my website. For custom duty to your country the amount you pay is dependent on the declared value not a fixed amount.

Tony Curtis
I received my Four Seasons Obelisk today. All I can say is that it exceeds my expectations. The props (Obelisk, box and bag) are beautiful and top quality. The method is very well thought, practical and the whole effect is easy to perform. The subtle detail that probably impress me the most is built in the box itself and makes the effect "foolproof"...I was worrying a bit about this detail, but the MW team solved it magnificently, their solution being almost unnoticeable (so it won't arouse suspicion). Great thinking Magic Wagon!
My only disapointment is that I've been unable to figure out the method by myself... :(
It's a wonderful addition to my MW collection, and sure to become a true collectors item very soon.
BTW, mine came in a small burgundy cardboard box... Am I the only lucky customer?
And I had no UPS extra fees... :)
Simon
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/bermudamedallionfull.jpg[/img]

This is a preview of the Bermuda Medallion which Magic Wagon is currently exclusively making for me. I am hoping to release it in the next two months and will post more details about it shortly.

Tony Curtis
Tony, let me know about it as I will get one for sure. What is the effect? I also bought the Warner Thr N Thru for those of you that got it too. Received it last week from Alan. Great qlty as usual from Alan and is a nice small size for a pocket trick. You all will be pleased to those who have not received it yet.
Tony

Bermuda Medallion looks very cool what is the effect you can let that cat out of the bag before it's release.

Richard
[quote]
On 2013-02-12 15:05, ChasVH wrote:
Tony, let me know about it as I will get one for sure. What is the effect?
[/quote]
It’s based on the Al Koran medallion effect but with some changes to the original method.

Tony Curtis
I just wet my pants Tony. That looks awesome.
[quote]
On 2013-02-12 21:43, Wizard of Oz wrote:
[/quote]
I will update the image again when everything is ready to show what is included.

Tony
[img]http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u622/MrWizardo/Cafe/KoranGoldMedallion-02_zps27adcb7a.jpg[/img]
[quote]
On 2013-02-11 20:10, simcoscor wrote:
The subtle detail that probably impress me the most is built in the box itself and makes the effect "foolproof"...I was worrying a bit about this detail, but the MW team solved it magnificently, their solution being almost unnoticeable (so it won't arouse suspicion). Great thinking Magic Wagon!
[/quote]

I still don't receive my copy.....the detail you mentioned was regarding the correct position of the totem in the box?
Roberto, I PM'd you...
[quote]
On 2013-02-12 02:16, Tony Curtis wrote:
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/bermudamedallionfull.jpg[/img]

This is a preview of the Bermuda Medallion which Magic Wagon is currently exclusively making for me. I am hoping to release it in the next two months and will post more details about it shortly.

Tony Curtis
[/quote]
Sorry for the delay and I will have the release date soon for The Bermuda Medallion.

Tony Curtis
Looks great Tony!
[quote]
On 2013-03-23 09:45, J M Talbot wrote:
Looks great Tony!
[/quote]
I am just waiting for the veneer wood boxes to be finished and have a good a gold triangle insignia put on them. Also I hear that Magic Wagon will release a new item themselves this coming week so will keep everyone posted when I know more.

Tony
Here is the link to Magic Wagon’s new release.

http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=121

Tony Curtis
Thanks for the link Tony, but as I said in another post about this:

Clear plastic? $225?

If it came with the animatronic bird (oh course for much more money), then I'd consider it.

It may be a good illusion, but as presented in the photo, it looks kind of, oh I don't know...low end. Not Magic Wagon's usual presentation.

I'll pass.
Rhine's Dice has already sold out.

Tony Curtis
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Mar 27, 2013 08:21AM)
When do we get more info on the Bermuda Medallion Tony? Price etc?
[quote]
On 2013-03-27 09:21, Christopher Williams wrote:
[/quote]
The Bermuda Medallion should be available around the middle of April but PM me your email address if you would like to be informed about the actual release date.

Tony Curtis
Sent you a PM Tony. This really looks first class!
Thanks to everyone for the PM’s and I will send out more information regarding the release of The Bermuda Medallion when everything is ready. My good friend Derek Rutt will be doing the graphics for the advertising and Steve Gook has already painstakingly written the instructions. This will be the first wood item Magic Wagon has produced for some time so along with me want the finish to be perfect.

Tony Curtis
[quote]
On 2013-03-27 09:21, Christopher Williams wrote:
[/quote]
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/thebermudamedallionfull.jpg[/img]
http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/thebermudamedallion.html
[quote]
On 2013-02-12 21:43, Wizard of Oz wrote:
[/quote]

Well WoZ, Thanks for that image.
Looks very nicely made :).
Not sure who (if anyone) owns the rights to this, but wanted to let you know about this Tony:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1630
Another one:

http://www.themagicdepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=5749

The [i]Magic Wagon[/i] version looks the nicest and I like that the envelope is sealed.
[quote]
On 2013-04-02 16:45, that'sCool wrote:
Not sure who (if anyone) owns the rights to this, but wanted to let you know about this Tony:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1630
[/quote]
We were aware of different versions which are available and is why the effect and method for The Bermuda Medallion has been changed from the original method.

Tony
Yours is sure a heck of a lot nicer ;).
[quote]
On 2013-04-02 19:11, that'sCool wrote:
Yours is sure a heck of a lot nicer ;).
[/quote]
Thank you very much.

Tony
Thebermudamedallion any good?
[quote]On Apr 12, 2021, mir11 wrote:
Thebermudamedallion any good? [/quote]

Of course it is! Tony puts his name only on the good stuff.
I am looking forward to this! I was just able to pick one up from
Hocus Pocus a few days ago, but have yet to receive it in the post.
I imagine this is fairly rare?
I do know one thing: Tony Curtis, Steve Cook, and Magic Wagon
are an exemplary combination.