(Close Window)
Topic: Expanded 2 shell
Message: Posted by: lukecloughmagic (Apr 25, 2012 04:31PM)
Looking for an expanded 2 shell, does anyone have one, and if so wheres the best place to get one?
Message: Posted by: tomsk192 (Apr 25, 2012 04:59PM)
http://kbmagic.com/expanded2poundshell.html

That one's by Tango.
Message: Posted by: cablerock (Apr 26, 2012 12:09AM)
There's also a trading/sales sub forum that you should post in. Post a looking for ad.
Message: Posted by: Michael J (Apr 26, 2012 05:10AM)
Hi lukecloughmagic

Bob Swadling makes an excellent ex***ded 2 s***l. I bought one from him a few years ago. Excellent Quality.

All the best

Michael
Message: Posted by: lukecloughmagic (Apr 26, 2012 06:28AM)
Thanks guys, I'll check them both out :)
Message: Posted by: Merc Man (May 1, 2012 06:05AM)
Luke - Keith had some of the Tango ones last week when I met up with him.

The Tango 2 shells are exceptionally well made; and, unlike some other manufacturers that I've seen, the middle of the shell coin won't fall out if the shell is inadvertently dropped. Anyone that knows the construction of a 2 coin will know what I mean.

Ever considered a 2 T.U.C. instead? It will do everything that a shell will do - and a whole lot more! Keith also has some of these in stock if you are interested.

PM me if you have any questions - or check out the T.U.C. thread in this section.
Message: Posted by: lukecloughmagic (May 2, 2012 12:38PM)
Yeah a T.U.C is awesome, I am selling a Eisenhower dollar one as I'd rather use UK coins right now.... I'll check out Tangos, is the coverage of the inner coin good on the expanded shell?
Message: Posted by: tomsk192 (May 2, 2012 04:13PM)
[quote]
On 2012-05-01 07:05, Merc Man wrote:
Luke - Keith had some of the Tango ones last week when I met up with him.

The Tango 2 shells are exceptionally well made; and, unlike some other manufacturers that I've seen, the middle of the shell coin won't fall out if the shell is inadvertently dropped. Anyone that knows the construction of a 2 coin will know what I mean.

Ever considered a 2 T.U.C. instead? It will do everything that a shell will do - and a whole lot more! Keith also has some of these in stock if you are interested.

PM me if you have any questions - or check out the T.U.C. thread in this section.
[/quote]

Nice to see you here again Bal.
Message: Posted by: Merc Man (May 2, 2012 05:45PM)
Cheers fella - appreciate your comment.
Message: Posted by: Merc Man (May 3, 2012 02:41AM)
Luke - sorry mate, missed your question.

The Tango 2 shell that Keith had covered at least 2/3's of the coin's edge. That is all you really need to enable you to carry out most routines.

However, if you want it covering more of the coin then contact him directly - Keith is a great guy and I'm sure he'll check out his stock for you if you have particular needs.
Message: Posted by: puggo (May 3, 2012 05:51AM)
[quote]
On 2012-05-02 13:38, lukecloughmagic wrote:
Yeah a T.U.C is awesome, I am selling a Eisenhower dollar one as I'd rather use UK coins right now.... I'll check out Tangos, is the coverage of the inner coin good on the expanded shell?
[/quote]

It's a funny old world.. I had a 2 TUC but didn't like it as one half of the gimmick looked too thin compared to US coinage. If I was to pick up another TUC, I would go for a 1/2 dollar or full dollar. Easy to motivate, examinable if essential (with a switch) and won't get spent by a magician on the beer...
Message: Posted by: FreddieLeeFroth (Aug 16, 2020 05:57AM)
I'm looking for a good quality 2 expanded shell. The information here seems to be a little out of date now so I wondered if anyone could help in guiding me towards a currently recommended source? Thanks!

Edit:- I do already have one that I purchased from a seller on eBay (metalmagiclondon) but whilst it passes reasonably well in a Coins Across routine, it wouldn't stand the closer scrutiny of an effect like Camera Coin, for example.
Message: Posted by: FreddieLeeFroth (Aug 20, 2020 08:35AM)
As a follow-up to my post above, I got lucky. For anyone interested in a top quality expanded coin shell I can highly recommend you contact George at Easymagic.co.uk. I just bought a the 2 version (Only 25) and am extremely pleased with it. The quality is astonishingly good, particularly when compared to the previous one I purchased which I think had been ground down then glued to the sides, creating a kind of 'skirt' effect which made it unusable for me. On this one the edges are perfect whilst still having the 'Shoulders of giants' inscription, and the overlap is really good too. It's a product I can use with total confidence and George was incredibly helpful by sending photos of the edges before I made the purchase.
Message: Posted by: Nev Blenk (Aug 22, 2020 03:54AM)
[quote]On Aug 20, 2020, FreddieLeeFroth wrote:
As a follow-up to my post above, I got lucky. For anyone interested in a top quality expanded coin shell I can highly recommend you contact George at Easymagic.co.uk. I just bought a the 2 version (Only 25) and am extremely pleased with it. The quality is astonishingly good, particularly when compared to the previous one I purchased which I think had been ground down then glued to the sides, creating a kind of 'skirt' effect which made it unusable for me. On this one the edges are perfect whilst still having the 'Shoulders of giants' inscription, and the overlap is really good too. It's a product I can use with total confidence and George was incredibly helpful by sending photos of the edges before I made the purchase. [/quote]

Iv'e always had good service from Easymagic. I would love to see the pics of the shell if you could pm me ?? Most of the 2 shells I have ever handled and seen have been poor to be honest but I havent given up hope of finding a decent one.

Cheers
Nev
Message: Posted by: FreddieLeeFroth (Sep 13, 2020 04:20AM)
[quote]On Aug 22, 2020, Nev Blenk wrote:-
I've always had good service from Easymagic. I would love to see the pics of the shell if you could pm me ?? Most of the 2 shells I have ever handled and seen have been poor to be honest but I havent given up hope of finding a decent one.

Sorry, just seen this. Not sure how to attach photos to a PM and they're too large to post here. May I suggest you contact George at Easymagic and ask him to send you the same photos? Cheers!
Message: Posted by: FreddieLeeFroth (Sep 13, 2020 04:23AM)
Btw, I liked mine so much I bought a second one along with a 2 (Anti-Gravity) Flipper.
Message: Posted by: stevie c (Sep 13, 2020 08:08AM)
Easy magic provide a great service. I also have a 2 pound [ from them and the machining quality is excellent. George is also very helpful, and replies quickly if you contact him. Great outfit.

BW

Steve