(Close Window)
Topic: Cards in a circle question
Hi all, It sems like I remember a card force where you put the cards in a circle, kind of like a clock. Then there is a way to force the one you want. Does this method of forcing come to mind? I'm looking for a way to force a card with the cards in a circle using maybe 10 to 15 cards... Thanks.. Mike
Is it a force involving a mathematical principle? If it's the one I'm thinking of, you can only utilise 12 cards in the 'clock-face' as it were.
The force is taught on one of Daryl's encyclopedia of card sleights, and the Justin Miller Guerilla Guide to loops DVD.
This is part of a trick often called the clock trick with 12 cards. The spectator does think of a time out of 12 ...
Check "Force Ten" in Jm Steinmeyer's book SUBSEQUENT IMPUZZIBILITIES. It uses 12 face-up cards in a circle and the force is 100% reliable.

Julie
Ken's Klock by Ken DeCourcy uses this method of 12 cards like a clock face. I believe this is still sold by Aldo Colombini, wildcolombini.com This ends up with a selected "time" being a different color back on the card and the clock hand you use to point to the chosen time is then magically changed and a duplicate of the card is now on the face of the clock hand. Clever routine really, you start with a whole deck and go from there.
John Bannon used the clock force, with a couple of other easy moves to create "Clock O'Doom" in his book Smoke and Mirrors. Well worth checking out.
"Big Ben" clock trick in Garcia & Schneider`s book; Magic with Cards.
Great impromptu 3 way baffler.

Have fun,
John
BTW, "Big Ben" is the same as "Crazy Clocks" in More Self-Working Card Tricks by Karl Fulves.
Paul Harris had Overclock.
For a truly great 3-phase clock trick take a look at Three Proofs by Tom Daugherty, found in Apocalypse Vol.17, No.9 (page 2401).
Another great reference is the 1984 booklet A World of Clocks written by Roy Johnson and published by Jeff Busby.

Described are several tricks using assorted applications of a clock principle.

Julie