(Close Window)
Topic: Back in Time
If you could go back and witness, but not interact with, any moment and place in time, what would it be?

Would your choice change if you were allowed to participate? and how?
I would like to watch the building of the first Egyptian pyramid. I would like to know the method used in their construction and to see for myself what the Egyptian's looked like and to see if the labor was truly volunteer or slave.
As far as participating, I would like to be at fort summpter that day that the first gold nugget was found.
(please excuse my bad spelling)
Iven :patty:
I would want to go back and observe in Leonardo's workshop. What a fascinating human being.

Mark
The trojan war

Rob I bet you would want to be
EMMIT SMIIH ringling bros,,, ha ha
I would like to see Barnum's museum or maybe see Houdini. There's so much in history to think of. That's a hard choice.

Hanging out with Vikings could be cool, too.
The pre-flood earth, preferrably before the first sin of Adam.

Or...

Any successful shuttle flight to space and back. I would love to be able to be up there and actually view the planet from that perspective (plus being gravity free then all those G's on re-entry would be pretty awesome too).

GlenD
If I couldn't interact, I'd want to personally witness Neal Armstrong's first step on the moon.

If I could interact, I'd like to invest about $5000 in Bill Gates' new company.
Wow! So much history it is hard to choose one moment, so I wont, I'll give a couple of alternatives that contend for top place for me:
Not interacting...
- Christmas, ~2003 years ago!
- Visit ancient Egypt - pyramids, culture etc
- Go see some Dinosaurs
- Be present at one of the great battles of the 2nd world war
- Visit Ancient Rome/Greece
- watch a Gladiatorial contest

If I could interact

- I like the Micorsoft investment idea!!

Interaction with History has so many implications. I would say that I would go back and Bop Hitler on the head when he was a wee lad, but who knows what the world would be like now without the World Wars? Soe things are best left untouched!