(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Gordon OMG
I like the look of this. Instead of "the Magic Card" I'd use the guarantee joker:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14262
If you like the look of OMG, you should definitely check out John Bannon's Spin Doctor. It is the original and best, in my opinion.

Liam
[quote]
On 2012-05-04 16:57, Liam Montier wrote:
If you like the look of OMG, you should definitely check out John Bannon's Spin Doctor. It is the original and best, in my opinion.

Liam
[/quote]

Liam, I have to say, watching Bannon's Spin Doctor, there are more magical moments going on with the same number of cards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK4WPRcUS20&feature=player_embedded

John uses the four aces. When I watched OMG, I thought I'd rather use 4 aces or kings, etc.

John also shows all 4 cards face up at the start. Then there is a discrepancy with the cards now face down, but it would go right by "most" the way John displays the ace of spades. People are smart and some may catch it. I think you can use that. I mean, you are doing a magic trick. Why not call attention to it? With John's patter, you're already saying there is something special about the ace of spades. And the backs are going to change at the end. Why not point out other magical transformations?

I'll pick this up and play with it to fit what I do.

Thanks Liam!

Clarke
I have to agree, it looks very similar to Bannon's Spin Doctor -- except Bannon's is stronger.
Hum...maybe a mix between Bannon handling and PG presentation. But looks very good. Spectators will love this.
I have both of these as I always carry a couple of packet effects when I work. I work several events a week, every week so rotate stuff every couple of months so that I don't get bored and sound as if I am reciting stock lines.

SPIN DOCTOR is fantastic and sometimes I will use it. However, at the moment I am using Pauls newer version of OMG which is called KILLER OMG, and it's very easy to do(like SPINDOCTER) and gets as good as a reaction as SPINDOCTOR. Instead of the Magic Card there is an Eye Chart which says "did you see the cards change colour"

I am not saying it is better than Spindoctor but is definately just as good judging by a paying lay publics reactions.In a few weeks time I will be back to doing Spindoctor. As I said I rotate my effects.If you haven't tried it order it from Paul or check out the performance on his website.

Mike Donoghue
Killer OMG is better than spindoctor in terms of impact on the audience. I have tried both.
Different strokes for different folks - I have my own presentation, so OMG doesn't offer any advantages, given that the effect and method are practically identical to Spin Doctor.
Fair enough Liam.

Did Spindoctor really come first though?
Yes, very much so. Killer trick, probably THE best packet trick in my opinion, all things considered.
[quote]
On 2012-05-05 09:28, Liam Montier wrote:
Different strokes for different folks - I have my own presentation, so OMG doesn't offer any advantages, given that the effect and method are practically identical to Spin Doctor.
[/quote]very diplomatic young Liam!!!