(Close Window)
Topic: Captiv3 By Dominic Daly
Hi Guy's

Just wanted to let you know about our next release Captiv3. Captiv3 is a cap in bottle effect but in to a sealed bottle. You can Check the video out here. http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Captiv3-By-Dominic-Daly.html
I hope you like it

Regards

Peter
Looks good

-Bobby
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (May 31, 2012 04:28PM)
This does look good ...any chance we can get an idea of what the extra something is?
Hi Guys, the extra something needed is not a magical item (don't think it would take a lot of thought to work out what it could be :) and can be purchased easily online.

On a side note, I performed Captiv3 at a BBQ the other day and it blow them away. It's such a freaky looking effect and appears to be so organic in nature

Peter
Organic meaning they don't feed it steroids?
LOL
Havent found it on your site. Sad thing, for I had a wish list piling up...
Couldn't find it either
Hi Guys,

It will be back on the site after our sale (as its not included in our sale)

Peter
Its out now. some reviews?
I ordered and will post a review next week. Thanks.
If it wan't Peter Nardi behind this, I wouldn't believe it:

Trailer:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14537

"Captiv3 is...

Quick to learn
Incredibly Visual
Easy to perform
Quick To Set Up"
If any of you guys are at FISM pop along to our stand for a live demo

Peter
Peter, can we try on your shoes at the booth, or have you stopped allowing that?
Anyone in a position to review this yet? I've only just seen the trailer and it looks amazing! I imagine the specs bottle must be prepped which may prove impractical but I'm hoping this gets good reviews as I'm looking for a cap in bottle.

AA
I ordered it and will give it a review asap. Thanks.
This looks almost too good to be true!
Can't wait to see a review, would just oder it but I think I have already blown my magic budget this month!
I just received this. I think it is great. There is some minor prep involved and one very small gimmick/item that needs to be used. If you want to do the sealed bottle version, you obviously need to purchase one additional item.

Very easy to perform and the angles are fairly strong.

If you like the way this looks on the demo, my advice is to pick it up.
Thanks for the review smacks183. I just ordered mine!
Captiv3 was out best seller at FISM. This is a serious worker guys!

Peter
He never shows his hand empty after the penetration. Can you?
I imagine if you start with your hand empty before the penetration it will still be empty afterwards otherwise there must be a ditch. Don't have the trick, it looks great but suspect it is not real magic. Not trying to be a smart*** but that is way it came out. I would love to be wrong. Still a cool looking effect. To me nothing has beat prohibition for the combination of practicality and effect. Still I don't do it much anymore because carying around the PK was a pain in the neck.
Just purchased this and Rapture from Penguin.

Alex
Can the spectator inspect the bottle straight after the penetration?
Yes, the spectator can inspect right after.
I'm in on this as well, not sure if it will replace prohibition which is my favorite but this may be good for those special moments.

-Bobby
Would it be difficult to walk into a dinner party and set it up with a bottle there, or is it more practical to set your own up at home and bring it. I ask because its always more impressive if you use a bottle from someone else if they are drinking a different brand or say do it again. It would be cool to be able to set up two.
If you wanted to do the version where the bottle is sealed, you would have to set it up in advance. If don't need the bottle to be sealed tight, you could set in up while at the party. (assuming you could sneak away with the bottle for a couple of minutes).
Many thanks, that sounds workable for sure. Appreciate your reply
Can Captiv3 be done using beer bottles with painted on labels (i.e. Rolling Rock, Corona, etc.)?
Looks good, but I have to say I do a very similar version using the Power's bottle cap thru bottle method that I tweaked a little. If this is similar in method you will like the ease in handling. No PM's Please.
[quote]
On 2012-07-21 12:49, macdaddy wrote:
Can Captiv3 be done using beer bottles with painted on labels (i.e. Rolling Rock, Corona, etc.)?
[/quote]

Without giving too much away, the effect works with labels that are tough to see through.
I have had this effect for a week and have got some great reactions! The set up is pretty simple you just have to get additional items one of which you may already have in your house. You can take this effect and set it up at a party but you run a slight risk with that. For me I would rather set up before so during presentation I can move the bottle around a bit more. If I do not use the additional item recommended for this effect its because I am just practicing. This effect is very visual and audio. I believe it belongs with prohibition. get this effect!
Not performed this yet but at only 14.99 it'not to bad geting hold of the extra household item I was surprised that I got one from a local hardware shop and the extra cost was not too much on the pocket.
I am taking the plunge and will give it a go.
Go for it ,it is very good effect and I only performed it once this weekend,picked my moment when there was a group of 5 in the kitchen brought out 2 bottles of carling zest, spec opened one ,i took the lid then WHAM BANG thank you mam,job done,look on the chaps face was pricless,only ruined by a silly women going on about me not being able to put a phone in the bottle,lol.
[quote]
On 2012-07-30 06:58, Fire Starter wrote:
Go for it ,it is very good effect and I only performed it once this weekend,picked my moment when there was a group of 5 in the kitchen brought out 2 bottles of carling zest, spec opened one ,i took the lid then WHAM BANG thank you mam,job done,look on the chaps face was pricless,only ruined by a silly women going on about me not being able to put a phone in the bottle,lol.
[/quote]

That would hav been a perfect time for daniel garcia's pressure! I bet she would have stopped talking!!
[quote]
On 2012-08-04 20:49, rj361 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-07-30 06:58, Fire Starter wrote:
[/quote]
lol ,yes of course I must learn how to do the phone trick then walk off and let her figure out how to get the phone out of bottle /balloon.

That would hav been a perfect time for daniel garcia's pressure! I bet she would have stopped talking!!
[/quote]
Will this work on bottles that do not have label/printing on the neck?
This is a good question ahzhe, I was wondering the same thing as well as are you limited to only using folded bottle caps for this penatratee effect? Can you use other small objects.?