(Close Window)
Topic: Ending for CSB
Although the beginning and middle of any CSB routine is fine, I can't seem to find a killer ending for it. All I have found is more of the same.
Does anyone have a climactic ending they could share with me?

Thanks
Watch Doc Eason here to see his gutsy ending. Better yet buy his booklet. His routine is the best and the Bob Sheets "miracle move" is real magic:

http://doceasonmagicshop.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74&osCsid=fmltvd0l2k79bl5k3uj380on14

Andre
I have and Ending where they all vanish at the end! And one where all THREE Coins Change at the end!

There both in my sound Routines book! :) P.M. me for more Info!
His ending is the same thing.
Are you talking about the 2nd to last where it's in the spectators hand? If so then maybe he should have ended with that one.
In the specs hand is the best ending I have seen so far.
I enjoyed that andre
Scott Guinn has a "Pouched CSB" that has a great ending, particularly if you use the Himber Purse from The Ambitious Card instead of the modified coin purse that Scott used. I believe it is in Scott's ebook "My Best To You - Coins" volume.

Jim
I start with a spectator handing me a copper, silver and Chinese coin from a basket full of mixed coins and end by returning them to the basket --- followed by others coins chosen by a spectator for my next effect.
David, I guess I need to pull out the "sound routines" booklet again!

Cal
Hello slyhand,
For a killer CSB routine, check out Unforgetable Coin Magic by Cody Fisher. The routine is called Real World CSB.
Jim
Hi Cal,
Yea You Do!!! :)
I like the fact to hand out the coins at the very beginning to let them see and feel the coins. This reduces thought like "special coin". In the last phase I do an explanation that I move with light speeding etc. ... and this is a very funny part of the routine as poeple think its real (as I start with a possible explanation - which canīt be either). than the realize: he is making a joke. this is the ending. Not the killer one, but it leave me with 3 regular coins again on the table.
How about going a totally different direction.
You could change the coins to something else (a dollar bill, 3 dollar bills, a coin purse...a lemon with the three coins inside it),
you could do 3 coins to impossible location (the purse, a lemon, your pocket, their pocket...),

Joe
Hofi, I like your approach.
Has anyone done this trick with an okito box or maybe some other coin prop?

I've got the impossible matrix card by john kennedy and I've always toyed with the idea of combining a matrix routine with a CSB or 2 copper 1 silver or something like that... just because it would be easy to get the gimmicks in and out and end clean.

but the thing I like about CSB is that you don't need a surface and you can perform it just with your hands and a pocket... so a matrix or coin box routine isn't ideal.

I like ending in the spectators hand, but it's not for me. I wouldn't want to put coins in someone's hand where they can just decide to look at the coins in their hand and ruin your trick.

but there's gotta be some sort of prop that can be used for the last sequence of moves in this trick that gets a good enough reaction as a finally as well as lets you end clean. can anyone think of one?
Yea In The Lost Pages of the Kabbala Pg. 77 There is a handleing With a Okito Box And a 2 copper one silver! By Eugene Castillon! And I Have Handleings With A coin Purse, And a Card! And isn't ideal. That Depents Where you are working at! And who you Are working for!

And I have no table Handleings Where thay all vanish at the End! And one where they ALL 3 change at the end. And you end Clean! :)
Another thread on C/S Transposition in the spectator's hand started me thinking about CSB also.

At the end of your standard routine you offer to let the spectators try. Person "A" selects one of the coins, person "B" another, and you take the remaining one (absolutely free choice). Each of you clutches the chosen coin in your fist against your heart -- allowing the "eyes of heart" to see the coin and then imagine a different one. When all hands are opened each holds a different coin -- a three way Transpo.

In the process of doing this the gaffed coins are also switched for real ones -- all handled without any suggestion of inspection.

The elements of this Three Way Transo can be found in "Sleight and the Family Stone" -- free for the asking (and commitment to feedback) Requests to gusarimagic@comcast.net

Then contact me for deatails on this new effect which I will begin documenting.
Jeremy Pei has a DVD on the csb which has a snazzy routine requiring an exp... Sh.... that fits over the CSB and the addition of an extra silver coin. I am sure you can imagine the possibilities.
[quote]
On 2012-05-31 17:20, slyhand wrote:
Although the beginning and middle of any CSB routine is fine, I can't seem to find a killer ending for it. All I have found is more of the same.
Does anyone have a climactic ending they could share with me?

Thanks
[/quote]

What motivates the transpositons? (that's a path to "how do I find a climax to a series of transpositons")
Here's a direct one: What if the location of the copper coin was determined by the location of the chinese coin? ;) Once you establish a premise like that it's not a huge leap to claim that when you put the Chinese coin away the other two follow (ie vanish).
^ Agree with Jonathan. What is the REASON you are doing what you're doing? I believe Al Schneider approaces his magic that way as does David Neighbors. Giving a reason for every step you take in a routine makes your magic much stronger, IMO.
Yea You should all ways think not just HOW, But WHY, WHEN And WHERE, ! :)
Me, I have a black coin purse with a skull and crossed bones printed on it (from Wall Mart). My CSB routine begins by saying that "these coins were found inside a "pirate treasure chest". At the beginning of the routine, I introduce the notion of "X mark the spot" (where the treasure can be found!). At the end, the coins disapear, and I tell them to remember that "X mark the spot", then the coins can be found inside the "pirate coin purse" supposed to be empty (since the bones form an "X").

Hope you like it!
IEEEE Sounds matie! :)
[quote]
On 2012-07-04 21:50, David Neighbors wrote:
IEEEE Sounds matie! :)
[/quote]

Could you just tell me (I'm French, sorry!) what you mean! ;^)
Aye, Matey! ^ Neighbors with his usual pirate talk.

Or was that the parrot perched on his shoulder?
Yea But he was just Winging It!!!:)
Karl Norman has a fantastic CSB routine using an Okito box that allows you to end up clean and has a killer ending.
Alec, take a look at Scott Guinn's My Best to You - Coins ebook. There's a very nice routine called Pouched CSB that ends especially nice if you also use Frank Starsinic's Himber Purse from http://www.theambitiouscard.com

Jim
Going along with the Okito Box ending for a CSB routine, Lance Pierce has an awesome version with an awesome ending that would be worth looking into. Curtis Kam also has an awesome ending in his Triple Alliance routine, not with an Okito Box, but with spectators' hands.

Pierce's routine can be found in his Elements lecture notes and Curtis' routine can be found on Palms of Steel 3 or his Dangerous Notions lecture notes. Both are great routine overall.

-Bill
I have always loved and performed Doc Easons routine, but have gotten into debates about telling them that is use "EXTRA" coins..
Hello,
Doug Brewer has a fantastic routine using the CSB set and an Okito Box called Brass Trio. It can be found in his book " Coin Box Killers." Packs small and plays large. I carry it with me everywhere I go. Based on Gary Kurtz's routine Trio in Three. Can't go wrong with either of these routines.
Jim.
I have never liked the extra coins explanation often used in a C/S/B routine. To me, it dilutes the effect and telegraphs what you may be doing in other routines. Dan Watkins Coin Man Walking C/S/B is clean, has spectator participation and disregards the extra coin gambit. No kicker ending, but wouldn't be difficult to incorporate
Hello,
Correction to my previous post. Both Brass Trio and Trio in Three use the 2 Copper/1 Silver gaff. Neither will work correctly with the CSB set.
Sorry for the confusion. Still, 2 great routines.
Jim.
You Coild Do both with a soild C.S.B. !
Dave,
You're, of course, right. Gotta get me one of those. For now, still love the 2C/1S gaff.
By the way-I've got the Cerberus by Todd. And your DVD to go with it.
Just dusted off those two items lately, and man, am I having a blast with that.
Love the 1 touch International 3 fly and coins to pocket routine that opens up the DVD.
I use a himber coin purse to keep the gaff and legit coins separate until I'm ready to perform.
Keeps them away from each other and they don't get all dinged up. And I can introduce the gaff and nobody knows it's even in play.
Great stuff.
Jim.
Thanks Jim! :)

Am I not sure If Have seen it or not? But my New book on Cerberus Called " Golbal Positioning" Has a C.S.B. Routine in it Useing The Cerberus!!! :) P.M. for more Info!
I really enjoyed doing this effect. I always have fun doing it, of course this night however after being outside all day grilling, eating and drinking beer I messed up the finale. but non the less I love the effect and reactions... don't want to change anything else with the Doc Eason version that I do but would like a stronger finale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2_3M1e7gHU&feature=plcp
Here is something I'm working on with the csb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya15z8DvAUc&feature=youtu.be
[quote]
On 2012-07-12 12:53, Tommytallica wrote:
Here is something I'm working on with the csb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya15z8DvAUc&feature=youtu.be
[/quote]

you win

can I perform your routine using a csb set and a TUC?
Yes I think you could do that. Pm me if you need Info on the routine.

-Tommy
[quote]
On 2012-07-15 16:19, Tommytallica wrote:
Yes I think you could do that. Pm me if you need Info on the routine.

-Tommy
[/quote]

thanks a lot! it's a beautiful routine. it's a little beyond my skill level at the moment I think. I might start off by learning a more basic 3 fly with my TUC. but at some point, I'd love to learn your routine with the CSB gimmick. I'm pretty sure I can figure out the steps if I watch the video enough times but I'll PM you if I've having any trouble.
Gonna be picking up Jeremy Pei's Dvd soon.
Also My sound routine book! ( That's the book on the rattle gimmick) Has 2 of the change kind of routines In it! The first one all Coins vanish at the end! It the 2 Th. one ALL THREE coins Change at the end! I use A solid C.S.B. set So mine all change to 3 REAL Chinese coins!
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Dec 16, 2012 09:10PM)
New York Coin Magic seminar DVD series:
volume 2 Cop sil Brass(Latta), 2 silver one copper (Gallo)
volume 10 - The Numismatist (York)
volume 12 - Two Copper One Silver (Gallo)
volume 13 - Copper Silver Brass(Rubinstein)
volume 15 -Copper Silver Brass Coins Across (Rubinstein)
volume 16 - Two Copper Silver (Gallo)