(Close Window)
Topic: Is this Anthrax stuff scary or what?
I have 2 small children, and I wonder what they will go through in their life times.

:bawl: :rotf:

Tim the Magic Man Hadley
The terrorist want you to be scared, that's the idea behind all their tactics.

The best you can do is teach your children good sound moral values, common sense, and of course a good sense of right and wrong.

I will not go into it here at the cafe, but I also believe in a good relationship with God! Prayer is a powerful weapon. :wavey:
Steve:

Thanks for the reply.

Your right Prayer works.

Tim :angel:
I'll go along with that. He's never failed me yet and I know He never will. :angel:
:confused:

I really feel sorry for the rock band that chose the name "Anthrax". Talk about choosing the wrong name.

:bawl:

However, I believe as all of you do, we should NEVER let the terrorists think they can diminish our spirit or our faith in the higher power that we share in. I also believe that as long as we (The American public) do NOT panic and keep our heads, then victory in the long run will be ours.

:bg:

I have however, have been very careful to any mail I do receive and have even refused to open some, mostly bills, but hey!, ya' never know.

:bg:
I think if the terrorists wanted to scare us magicains away, they would hire the "masked magician" to do a special on card effects. The anthrax, weíre safe from.

Lets keep things in perspective people.

That reads a little more tense than it was intended. Please don't take offense Mike, I know you were kidding.
None taken yakandjak, and if I offended anyone at all, that was not my intention either. I tend to use humor when I get scared to take my mind off of my fears.

:goof: :dance:
I feel kinda safe w/the Anthrax going around. Now of course I like anybody else could get a letter coated with the stuff, but why would anybody wanna send it to me ... wait scratch that ... how could anyone find my ... no thatís not right either... nevermind, I said too much already.

On a serious note though Iím not going to let the terrorists scare me out of my everyday life. Before all this happened I had always liked getting the mail, give or take a bill or two of course. And now I have to worry about getting Anthrax because they hate our wonderful country for our beliefs and freedom. No way Iím letting that happen to me. I will continue to fly our flag from my house, I will continue traveling even though I wonít go near an airplane due to heights. And I will continue getting my mail without fear except for that cell phone bill issue of course :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the replys.

This place is great.

Tim :bg:
Some years back, when my wife and I were living in Toronto, there was the threat (just the threat) of a bomb to be placed on the subway.

I offered to drive my wife to work the next day.

She refused, pointing out: "I would sooner die than let those morons change my way of life."

Good advice, I think.

During the Spanish Civil War, La Pasionara said: "Better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

Also good advice, I think.

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
If we let them cause us to just exist, and not live, then they have won. I, for one, will not give them that satisfaction! I believe that if it is meant to happen to me, then nothing I do to prevent it, will stop it. Of course, this does not mean that I throw common sense (what little I do have) to the wind. I donít go out and seek danger, but I will not let fear run my life. Iím traveling to Indianapolis next week for about a week and a half, and the only reason I am opting to drive instead of fly is because my nine year old begged me not to fly. I tried explaining to him it was safe, but he just simply could not understand...he finally said, "Mom, if only for me, can you not fly?" Well, how could I tell him NO? I couldnít! So, I am now driving to Indianapolis. Iíll be traveling through Nashville, so if there are any Nashville magicians out there that would maybe like to get together for coffee on my way there or on the way back, it would make a nice stop for me! It might also give some of you the chance to put a face to the name of the "crazy magic lady"!! :goof:

Margarette
It might also give some of you the chance to put a face to the name of the "crazy magic lady".

Is she going with you? :goof:
I never go anywhere without her!!

Margarette
If everyone in the world felt the same as you guys, it would be the perfect world!!!

Bengi
When it's time to go it's time to go. If its not then...I'll just do MAGIC! :)
Did you just seriously resurrect a post that is 3 1/2 years old?
Yes indeed...and about something we know the outcome of...nothing happened!

Whats this all about?

Howard
"I also believe that as long as we (The American public) do NOT panic and keep our heads, then victory in the long run will be ours."

They've already taken some since that post...how sad (I know that's not what you were reffering to. ;))

"Some years back, when my wife and I were living in Toronto, there was the threat (just the threat) of a bomb to be placed on the subway."

We've had bomb threats at our school a couple of times before. It was a couple of years ago...

"Did you just seriously resurrect a post that is 3 1/2 years old?"

Now THAT'S magic! :D

Daniel
On the first look I thought, you would be discussing Anthrax again and I missed something in the media. I am lucky, I was wrong. And because I donīt want to start another politic discussion about terror & war, I donīt say anything about that topic ;)