(Close Window)
Topic: Tenyo 2013 First informations !
Hello,

You can see first photo and informations about Tenyo 2013 New line :

http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/
Merci Davy! That first 2013 trick looks pretty cool!
Thanks for the info!!!....the trick looks very interesting!!
Thank you! I can't wait to see the full lineup for 2013.
The Lubor tricks seems very interesting. Perhaps an optical illusion?
Thank you, I have shearch on web long and long time to find this photo lol In japanese it's not easy to find ...
It's first presentation to public at this Toy Fair so it's mean that changes can be made ​​thereafter and informations presented are not necessarily definitive. And I wonder if the little logo in the bottom right you see on panel on the picture does not say that photos are prohibited... But as I've never had any contact from Tenyo since the creation of the blog I'm doing as I can.
The Lubor Fiedler trick sounds very much like a revision of a trick he previously released called Ultimate Restoration:

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/products/view/290

That one got mixed reviews. This one sounds magnifico.
After reading the description the first time I immediately thought of the "Animate & Restore" Trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjkaWoRtuuQ
First it's bicycle back card and it's good news.
In fact the 4 part of the cut card are inside the small black round plate you see on the picture. After, the spectator put his finger on one part and the magician brings together 3 part of playing card, run his finger over the cut and all 3 pieces are now patched. Now the magician does the same with the last part, and the playing card is fully restaured. Then it is removed from the small round plate and shown on both sides. The card is really normal and there is nothing suspicious. This is direct and very impresive. And despite all my efforts I am completely unable to understand how it works.
The small plate is probably already there for a good reason ... I really think you'll be impressed at the first view, now we must see if the card is examinable after or not ( I think Yes), and how it passes the beginning and end of the routine and if they are suspicious moves and if you finish clean with your hands... For sure there is some "optical" trick...

By cons I am a little worried about the 4 other tricks of the collection. Translating Japanese opinion I understand that others may be was not up to the expectation. But perhaps this is a mistranslation.
To be continued...
Here is a photo of Lubor performing his Tenyo 2013 trick when he came to London last year. I am on the right hand side.
[quote]Here is a photo of Lubor performing his Tenyo 2013 trick when he came to London last year.[/quote]

Review?
Great picture did you capture a video of that?
Would be nice to see him do that. :)
Come on Angelo, don't tease us ;)
As I say the trick is very impressive the first time you see it, but as usual after some view the secrect become evident. Video kill the magic... Now I have understand and I'm eager to see the finished product to discover how it was formed and if the illusion is relly perfect, even in close up. Angelo have seen in real life so he can tell us if he was bluffing or not. You can note a difference, transparent plate with grey silk versus Tenyo black plate. I'm not sure which I prefer.
I 'm very happy that Lubor make many tricks for Tenyo now. I love his great but so simple ideas. The Tenyo definition in fact, normal that they get along so well.
I think our Magician Lockersmith in the forum will be happy soon... ;o)
I have add another tenyo 2013 trick.
[quote]
On 2012-06-19 09:15, stereo wrote:
I think our Magician Lockersmith in the forum will be happy soon... ;o)
[/quote]

Oh no.....now I have to be happy. :pop:
What does that second trick have to do with locks? Or is it a third trick you know of Stereo?

I like the second trick by the way ... if the bill is gimmicked I really hope Tenyo will put out a EURO-version this time.
The suspense of my happiness is agonizing. ;)

I too like the new second trick can't wait to see how it looks in a video.
Yes it's another one with the key.
I do some little suspense until after we will have to wait several months before sale...

Tomorow lol
Lol Mr.Wizard.

Great job on all this Davy! You are without doubt the suspense master Alfred Hitchcock of Tenyo.
:pop: I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation and wonder. :pop:
It's 'tommorow' ! :)
I am sure I filmed Lubor doing the trick but for the life of me I can't find the charger for the battery to my camera :P

Anyway if I do have a video of it I would only use it to review the trick with fresh eyes and not upload it anywhere as respect to Tenyo not to disclose too much prior to official launch.
3Rd trick is online lol
Angelo, I understand. If you should find your battery charger please do a litle review (or preview) for us :)

I don't know what to think of the third trick ... I hope it's not a m****t with a chain and key that you pull off one stick and put on the other stick. I need a demo video ;)

Will there be a fourth (fifth?) release this year Stereo? By the way thanks for all the effort you put into this - much appreciated :thumbsup: !
Hate to be a buzz kill & all, but it does look like 'Quarterly Returns' beat Tenyo & Lubor to the punch. Very similar effect. I'd still go with Lubors' version thou. The 2nd effect has been done before too. I'm wondering if it is a World's Greatest Magic release? The 3rd sounds good if as Killertweety states the modus operandi is not the suspected one.
Lol Inert, so you will not be disappointed with the 4th trick, because in such recycling, can not do worse. I think it's the 4th the World greatest Magic one. But always with Tenyo touch improvment I think.
Killertweety there is 5 tricks this year so 2 remains.
[quote]
On 2012-06-20 15:20, Angelo Carbone wrote:
I am sure I filmed Lubor doing the trick but for the life of me I can't find the charger for the battery to my camera :P

I think Lubor made it disappear just to mess with you and will become his next effect called Carbone's Mystery Charger. :)
[quote]
On 2012-06-20 16:07, Killertweety wrote:
I don't know what to think of the third trick ... I hope it's not a m****t with a chain and key that you pull off one stick and put on the other stick. I need a demo video ;)
[/quote]

Oh no not another key on a stick trick. :hmm:
Wish they would have made it with a cool looking key like the ones hanging in the background.

I too hope it is not the old m****t with a chain gag.

May I can modify it to suddenly burst into flames, then extinguish them to find what looks like a chard burnt finger swinging from a chain on the other end of the stick. :idea:

I'm waiting for a video to manifest itself to see this new key stick trick.
It's illustration, it's not photo of the real trick, I don't have yet photo of real props. The only one real photo is the trick from Lubor.
And for World greatest magic I have no info at all, it's just suppositions and in fact look that it's maybe not the one I think. Maybe glenn is true or maybe it's lubor's one. Have to wait to know. All this informations are first look, and all props are prototype. They can be change before release. it's just a chance to have a little idea of the new line.
4th Trick online... Enjoy !!! lol
Seems very interesting! Perhaps the trick I look forward to the most :) Once again ... if gimmicked coins, please Tenyo, make EURO versions!
It's I think improved version of classic energised coin.
Tenyo don't make English package this last year so Euro tricks version I don't think you can hope this.
The tray below makes me think that it's a new, improved & possibly examinable 'Coin Coaster' variant. This would be a big step forward imo if it is examinable. Tenyo's just sneaky like that. If this is the case...good news for you Killlertweety as any coin type would be ok.
The last 5th trick is now online. Now you know all the new line.
Thank you Hitomi for his precious help like every year. Our favorite Japanese ally is truly irreplaceable :)
Next step is to find photos and videos ;o)
That's a great line up.
Gotta see the coins in the bucket effect on video.
Thanks for the hard work gathering the information and getting it on the blog.
Don't know what to think of the last one, we'll see if there are video's :)

I also thought about Energised Coin trick which is beautifull as it is already. The Coin Coaster is another possibility indeed, would love to see an improved (magnetic?) version of that one :)

I'm pretty excited about the tricks for this year, in my opinion better then previous year. But again, perhaps they're so-so if we see the video demonstrations ... .
When do they start selling these new effects.
October/november I believe.
Time will drag on now we know what they are.
Hope to see some video's soon I like 4 out of 5 of them this year.
Great stuff a key trick on a stick and 2 coins tricks all with minimal plastic. ;)
What's everyone's gut feeling as to next year's line-up? Impressed or not? I know it's a little preliminary, but which 1 is the potential winner of the tentative group?

Stereo, are you able to put the inventor's name to each effect yet?
That trick where the coins vanish into the glass drawn on the pad is KILLER.
Hello,

I have add new photo of Tenyo advertising for 2013 Line. The trick with the key seems to have disappeared and can not be present in the new collection.
I received an email from Tenyo to explain me why the trick with the key has been canceled. In fact after reading the comments of Mr. Wizard on the forum ("Oh no not another key on a stick trick.") they decided to cancel production of this trick. So sad ! LOL

:rotf:

I'm kidding of course :)
Too bad about the key trick- I actually like many of the key tricks like Magical Door and Krazy Keys.
I see on Japanese website that the release date for Tenyo 2013 from Lubor is around 20 september. This seems early compared to other years no ?
Oh No not a cancel of another key on a stick trick! :bawl:
I actually have been anticipating seeing it. :cry:
Magical Door is my favorite key trick.

Wow release in Sept that is early yes. :cheers:
No, the release date is not early. Tenyo has a magic festival every September, and that is always the official release date of the new line of products. They do not show up in stores until somewhat later.
Official release date of the new products is late October in Japan.

Name of the products in Japanese.
.God Hand
.Mahou no Memo Pad
.Clear Surprise
.Miracle Thru Coin

:D
Are these the names of the new 2013 Tenyo line?
Why only 4 what's the 5th one called?
Thank you Jpmagic, it's you who have Japanese magic website ?
The key trick have disappeared so only 4 trick on 2013 line.
I like names that have been chosen for Japan.
You are welcome Stereo. Yes I have Japanese magic blog " Hey presto!".
I love your Tenyo Fan blog. It's really GREAT!!

The 54th Tenyo Magic Festival will be held on September 23.
And new products will be sold as a pre release in the festival.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate it though..:(
Welcome aboard Jpmagic. Good to have you here. Thank you for the info. About to check-out your 'Hey Presto!' blog.
The Jp magic Blog Hey Presto! ( http://jpmagic.blog34.fc2.com/ ) is a fantastic and very full blog about Magic. There are so many things that it's almost an encyclopedia. Unfortunately I do not understand all because it is writte in Japanese but with a translator I can guess a little. It's on this blog I find some importants informations about Tenyo and Tenyo 2013 new line. Bravo JP for your work and happy you are here on the Forum.
Cool another magic blog welcome to the Café jpmagic! So they dumped the key effect the one I was looking forward to and didn't replace it with anything else, what's up with that! I would think they have backup effects in case one don't work out to produce. Have they ever done this before only have 4 of the regular 5 offered any other year or just this time.
Thanks a lot for welcome message everyone!
My English is not great but I'm glad I could help you.:D

Recently Tenyo produce 5 new products every year but it's not regular number.

* Number of the new products.(in Japan)
2001 - 4 2007 - 6
2002 - 4 2008 - 5
2003 - 4 2009 - 5
2004 - 7 2010 - 5
2005 - 5 2011 - 4
2006 - 6 2012 - 5
Too bad they choose to not include the key on a stick effect I was waiting for. Pulled the old magic rug right out from under me they did. :cry:
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 16:52, MrWizard wrote:
Too bad they choose to not include the key on a stick effect I was waiting for. Pulled the old magic rug right out from under me they did. :cry:
[/quote]

I was looking forward to seeing this one too. I really like Magical Door a lot. Was hoping this one had some kind of really cool mechanical retractable/folding key.
Seeing that photo of "The Haunting" on that Japanese blog made me remember how aburdly phallic that pencil looks.
The 4 tricks of this year looks very good and mature. Very magician props, no toy style with flasy colors this year. Maybe a new beginning with the new generation of Tenyo inventors. 2011 was a very good year, 2012 a little more in the experiment, and 2013 with a back to basics with coins, bills, card trick... I am also disappointed for the trick with the key, I do not understand why it was canceled, and I hope that happens to have the answer one day. Maybe Richard or Hitomi can help us to understand what happened.
Sounds great "no toy style". The key one being canceled really is a let down for sure.
I don't know why it was cancelled. There might have been problems with having it produced up to standard in mass quantities. Or it might show up in the 2014 line.
[quote]
On 2012-09-07 21:32, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Seeing that photo of "The Haunting" on that Japanese blog made me remember how aburdly phallic that pencil looks.
[/quote]

I never really looked at the pictures of this effect with it sitting on top of the tube but ya that is pretty obvious. Think how much worse it would have been if they used a pencil that had an eraser on it. :)
A bit late but welcome jpmagic0820! Finally a Japanese Tenyo collector on this forum :) I've always wondered, do a lot of people in Japan actually collect Tenyo like we do or is it considered to be something 'ordinary/toy-like' and not really sought after?
Japanese magicians do collect Tenyo, but the general thinking about it is that the tricks are plastic toys for kids. I've taken a bit of good-natured abuse from my Japanese friends about collecting Tenyo.
Here the first photo about Miracle Thru Coin trick !

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/coinglass2.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img198/5135/coinglass2.jpg[/img][/url]

This design reminds me of another old magic trick from Tenyo, you guess which one ?
Stereo,

Maybe you are reminded of Magic Coaster probably the rarest of all the T-numbered Tenyo.

I don't know anyone who has one of these. And I know it was hard to even find a small picture for the Tenyo blog.

John

P.S. Also reminds me of Merlin's Coffer a very overlooked Tenyo.
Yes Merlin's Coffer !
Thanks for sharing this new picture, Stereo!

[quote]
On 2012-09-18 01:07, John Mazza wrote:
P.S. Also reminds me of Merlin's Coffer a very overlooked Tenyo.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree! Maybe that's because it has been released in 1996 and had to compete with : The Eye Of The Idol, Invisible Zone, Zone Infinity and The Pillars Of Thor... 1996 was definitively a terrific year for Tenyo! And 2013 also looks really good so far!
Photo of Clear Surprise :

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/2013b.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img9/9782/2013b.jpg[/img][/url]
This last one looks very intriguing...
Photo of Memo Pad :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=270540249731176&set=a.195998260518709.41931.105960752855794&type=3&theater
Those all match the items I was shown by the Tenyo folks in Las Vegas.

The item that is a super-charged version of the old Magic Coaster (which no one seems to have!) is not just the Magic Coaster--it has the principle of another classic effect mixed into the mechanics. :)
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 14:59, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Those all match the items I was shown by the Tenyo folks in Las Vegas.

The item that is a super-charged version of the old Magic Coaster (which no one seems to have!) is not just the Magic Coaster--it has the principle of another classic effect mixed into the mechanics. :)
[/quote]
This other principle would allow you to use a signed coin?
I think it's good idea to re-adapt the concept of Merlin's Coffer in a brand new magic trick. Tenyo has created so many incredible mechanism that they could use old principles to create somthing new. (As a new super "Ultra Tube" with 3 color changes and locking system lol)

Using Signed coin seem very difficult I think, but maybe ...

Maybe Richard speak about the merlin's Coffer gimmick + the energised coin, so you do not have to shake the whole.

The best improvement would be that it is examinable, but not sure at all. I hope !

The memo pad trick is very intriguing, impossible to understand how the routine will really work, and how the coin disappears. Want to see the Video.
I think video of all tricks will be available very soon, after the Tenyo magic festival.
Clear suprise is also intriguing, hope this one is good and not easy to figure out. I like the idea.
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 16:40, stereo wrote:

Maybe Richard speak about the merlin's Coffer gimmick + the energised coin, so you do not have to shake the whole.
[/quote]

Now that would be cool but perhaps not inspectable. Energised Coin is pretty cool the way it is of course.
The trick with the memo pad looks great in person.
ℒℴνℯ ℒℴνℯ ℒℴνℯ this 2013 line !
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 16:40, stereo wrote:

Using Signed coin seem very difficult I think, but maybe ...

[/quote]

OK...got it...probably you are right stereo...

I was thinking in a combination of the Merlin's Coffer/Coin Coaster gimmick + the clasic Coin Tray:

[img]http://www.world-of-magic.co.uk/prods/full/UDCOINTRAY-FULL.jpg[/img]

Thank you Killer for the lesson about images ;)
It has been a LOOOONG time that I wonder what kind of tricks Tenyo will release! Seems to be this will be one of the 'good' years! :)
Darn I LOVE Tenyo - cheap and innovative .. gotta love them :)

Hitomi will release the new tricks soon in one lot (as an auction) and there will be people who will buy it ... . I always wonder who buys these 'pre-releases' ... ?
The Hitomi auction with the 4 effects is now on Ebay!! I can't wait to see the videos for these effects. They all look really cool.

John
Just bid USD 25.-.......and I'm the highest bidder.........don't tell anybody so I can win.....LOL!!.....;)
I think Memo Pad it's the first World Greatest magic package without the photo and name of Creator.
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 16:02, Killertweety wrote:
I always wonder who buys these 'pre-releases' ... ?
[/quote]

For me and the blog it will be very interesting to have these trick before everyone, to make photos review etc... But price finish too hight for me generally.
I have try to win this lot, I have place bid wich is the same as the regular price of the 4 tricks ( 80euros ), but it is certain that ca not be enough LOL.

About Clear surprise I'm a little worried about the final routine, Hope you can show both faces of the playing cards. If not it's easy to figure out and make your own version. And I'm sure the plastic bag will not be examinable. At first I told myself that maybe the banknote was hidden, wrapped in the metalic clip. Wait and see.
"Clear Surprise" allows you to show both the faces and the backs of the playing cards.
Thank you,

One after the other of course, but both at the same time too ?
Add video of Lubor's 2013 trick :

That looks amazing!
It's looks absolutely incredible! I don't remember any other Tenyo effect that looks so visual... maybe that's because I do not understand how it works... OK, I can imagine the "bl**k a*t" principle for the two pieces at the beginning, but the performer's hand looks empty all the time... so where go the extra pieces :question:
[quote]
On 2012-09-26 10:41, simcoscor wrote:
... but the performer's hand looks empty all the time...
[/quote]
OK, maybe not...
That does look very cool indeed! Knowing Lubor's fondness for lenses I'm thinking there is a neat optical idea involved... could be totally wrong. Lubor rocks!
Yes it is certainly something optical, in addition to other mechanisms, because I read that spectators must be in front and not on side or behind the magician.

For me all the mystery, and what is fabulous is that we see no dividing line, anywhere.
Material or substance used look really unique.
It probably uses blobfish molecules... :fruity:
In any case, this video really makes me want to buy it. After 4-D suprise, I think God Hand is a new success for Tenyo form Lubor.

For cons, I think that Tenyo really makes a error in not broadcasting the official video from the day they start selling the first copies. Too often the first videos that we find are bad (i don't speak about this one ), and do not value the magic.
Tenyo should anticipate and raise envy in broadcasting their own videos before anyone else.
Lubor always impresses me. I wonder if you can tear the card in front of the spectator at the beginning of the effect?
No all the props is in place at the beginning. But you can move some part of the cut cards.
In instruction, Tenyo explains that all materials be placed on the table, hidden under a scarf. Then you lift the scarf and start performance.
Show the four parts cut card. Ask the spectator to put his finger on one part and then you restore the card as in the video. At the end everything can be examined, the card and the tray . It is possible to use a Bycicle card instead of Tenyo's one.
Thanx Bud. Great news that all is examinable at the finish. Bicycle option a bonus too.
Wow!... that is fantastic! looks like real magic. I cant wait to get my hands on one. Thanks stereo. Really Really cool.
I just noticed on the Magico Japan Auction that for Memo pad she say "Your spectator hear the clicking sound". I had not noticed that little detail before, it makes it even more mysterious.
Wow! This is the most visual card restore I have ever seen. I can only imagine what the Tenyo development team must have thought the first time they saw it. It is incredible and I cannot wait to get it!!!
The card restoration is sensational! I suppose folks may question the use of the tray, but it could be explained that it keeps the card pieces from scattering.
I agree with simcoscor, this may be Tenyo's most visual effect ever!
Seo Magic has put up videos for 2 of the tricks so far. I think we can expect the rest in the next day or so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOC3Dgs6POc&list=UUHIxQIhjmF6hQAaVich-h3g&index=2&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZic9XVeeJk&list=UUHIxQIhjmF6hQAaVich-h3g&index=1&feature=plcp
The first one (torn card restore) looks great! But, as Tweety hinted several months ago, how is the second one any different from Marvin Magic's Energised Coin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDsCvdokjo0

http://www.amazon.com/Marvins-Magic-Energised-Coin/dp/B006Z4DFL6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=7M9I62P3XC5G&coliid=I304Q4EKJM24RH
Very different, I would say. In the Tenyo's version, the coin appears inside an empty glass... The other version, available in many different versions over the past 35 years (at least), is quite obvious IMO...
Seems to me it is sort of like a cross between Energized Coin and the classic Coin Coaster. I don't know for sure, but I would assume the tray is examinable afterwards. I just wish they would have thought of a more creative way to get rid of the first coin as did Marvin's Magic.
Wow... god hand looks simply amazing. So clean...
Getting pretty much impatient ;-)
I can't see Seomagic's videos ... sais it is private :( What happens in the video?
I think Tenyo want wait end of october for the video so they ask to seo magic to make it private....
I want to say that all the people who opened the Memo Pad box were Extremely surprised by the content and gimmick.
Would that be a a "Wow! What a clever gimmick" type of surprise or a "Is that all there is?" type of surprised?
Wow wow wow!!!
[quote]
On 2012-09-27 09:55, xl18 wrote:
Would that be a a "Wow! What a clever gimmick" type of surprise or a "Is that all there is?" type of surprised?
[/quote]

I don't know ! Wait and see.
OMG !

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/o0720048012202410832.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img21/7852/o0720048012202410832.jpg[/img][/url]
( http://ameblo.jp/naotomagician/entry-11362116793.html#main )

Xl18 now I know it's "Wow! What a clever gimmick" !
Clear Suprise look to be more clever and great than I expected too.
Perfect year !
Does this photo was taken in your basement, Davy?
No :( only in my dream lol
When can we expect to buy these? This is the first time I will buying Tenyo in season.
End of october from Magico Japan, and chrimas for worldwide ( but maybe like last year there will not make English package. But this year seem very "Magician style" so maybe Tenyo will make english packaging.
I don't know what Marvin's "Energized Coin" is, but Tenyo took an old principle from a trick sold by Lou Tannen's and mixed it with the Magic Coaster.
I believe energized coin is basicaly "Blasted" which I believe you are refering to Richard.

John
Yes John, Blasted was the name of it (I bought this from Hank Lee in the early '80es, did you?). The mix of both concepts seems very convincing IMO!
[quote]
On 2012-09-27 01:43, xl18 wrote:
I just wish they would have thought of a more creative way to get rid of the first coin as did Marvin's Magic.
[/quote]

This intrigues me because I haven't seen the demo video :) Perhaps we can use Marvin's Magic extra gimmicks to make the coin dissapear with this Tenyo trick?
Do we have any prices for the new 2013 lines?
What price you ask ? The real price in Japan ? The price in your local dealer ? The price from Magico Japan on ebay ?
Add all 2013 videos on blog. You can find it too on seo-magic.
Any prices just as a rough idea! This year looks to be Tenyos best!
Real price in Japan :
God hand 1890 JPY (19 euros /24 USD)
Clear Surprise 1260 JPY (12,5 Euros / 16 USD)
MemoPad 1470 JPY (14,5 euros / 19 USD)
Coin Through Glass 1260 JPY (12,5 Euros / 16 USD)

(These prices come to Japanese advertising http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S0i__ohzvIU/UF9lNvFOPtI/AAAAAAAAOls/GU4cVZ_HzHs/s1600/Tenyo+2013+add.jpg )

Then you will be able to compare to the price at your local dealer when available.

So now you see all videos what do think of the tricks ?
Great information and thanks for the video's Davy! What would we be without you, seriously :)
I think we can make nice routine with Tenyo Trap Box + Tenyo Coin Through Glass !
I've just seen the demo's and these are my initial thoughts.

- [b]Magical Memo Pad[/b] - OK, this is going to need some practice to peform convincing in my opinion, especially in the second part of the routine. Not my favourite. I have no idea how the gimmick works however.
- [b]Miracle Thru Coin[/b] - I love it as it is, but this will probably work perfect with the gimmicks used in Energized Coin. There are other tricks that use the same gimmick as Energized coin, but saying more would be considered revealing.
- [b]Clear Surprise[/b] - I have absolutely NO idea how the bill gets into the bag, unless it has a slit in it on the back- or frontside but then it would not be inspectable which I really hope it is (the bag that is)! This is actually my favourite IF the bag would is inspectable. If not it would be a litle bit of a let-down but it would still be a good trick of course.
- [b]God Hand[/b] - Lubor has done it again! I mean wow ... this is (at least it LOOKS) stunning. Ok you'll have to use the tray provided but that shouldn't be a problem in my opinion. The big question for me is ... can you shown your hands empty before, after or before AND after the trick (or worst case scenario: never)? ;)

All things considered this looks to be a great line up this/next year.
Not like in the 'old' days with those 'toy-like-self-working-gimmicked-thingies' unfortunately (those days are gone I'm afraid) but still something to look forward to as a Tenyo collector and even as a magician :)
Those video performances are that great.

The Memo Pad routine looks good until the end so I suppose a better performance will do it justice?

I'm not getting Clear Surprise. Too many unnatural conditions just to reveal a bill in an envelope. Maybe again its just a bad performance?

Coin Thru Glass is okay but probably should not be done on video where you can see it frame by frame.
Magical memo Pad - I wonder if the performer added the second phase himself as it is not in the trick description. The second phase does not work so well on video but may work well in person. As of now I have no idea how the first phase works either.

God Hand - His hand is never shown empty in the video so that makes me think there is something there.
I think this trick will go well with Mobile Illusion. I would keep this on my lap. Cut a card in half and restore it using Mobile Illusion. Then cut the same card into quarters, put it into the tray while still on my lap and bring it out and restore it again.
[quote]
On 2012-09-28 10:52, Mark F wrote:
Those video performances are that great.

The Memo Pad routine looks good until the end so I suppose a better performance will do it justice?

I'm not getting Clear Surprise. Too many unnatural conditions just to reveal a bill in an envelope. Maybe again its just a bad performance?

Coin Thru Glass is okay but probably should not be done on video where you can see it frame by frame.
[/quote]

Meant to say "performances aren't that great". Wish they had done more practice before posting them because they spoil what are probably decent tricks.
[quote]
On 2012-09-28 11:00, xl18 wrote:

God Hand - His hand is never shown empty in the video so that makes me think there is something there.
I think this trick will go well with Mobile Illusion. I would keep this on my lap. Cut a card in half and restore it using Mobile Illusion. Then cut the same card into quarters, put it into the tray while still on my lap and bring it out and restore it again.
[/quote]

GREAT idea!

[quote]
Meant to say "performances aren't that great". Wish they had done more practice before posting them because they spoil what are probably decent tricks.
[/quote]

Well if I can ever perform them as smooth as in the performance video's I will be happy to be honest. I don't see what's wrong with the performance video's unless you want the tricks to be performed with great sleight of hand skill which I (most of us Tenyo collectors perhaps?) don't have.

And of course as magic collector's we're watching these tricks and videos entirely different then our spectators will - I'm making that mistake over and over again :) I didn't like 4D Surprise one bit, untill I began performing it ... the reactions of students, family and friends were amazing.
My estimate is that with the prohibitve cost of postage out of Japan, the prices for the US will be nearly double the simple conversion of yen to dollars.
I sometimes ship things to the US from Japan, and it's incredibly expensive.

"Clear Surprise" looks very good on Seo's video. You can't examine either the envelope or cards, though that should not be an issue. The cards seem like the don't really have anything to do with it, and the envelope is transparent. Laymen usually don't feel compelled to examine something they can see through!

I'll be curious to see how "God Hand" feels when I do it and what the exact principles involved are. Between the two videos on Stereo's website you can see what's going on, but now how it's happening. The second video is a completely cheat, of course, if ditching that way, however I have done card tricks where I did ditch that way with some misdirection from the other hand. It's also interesting that when the item was demonstrated to me, the card was lengthwise in the dish in front of the performer.
You are true Richard about the cost of trick outside Japan, and it's normal that the price rise, Shipping + margin store + at the time, English package... I still noted that the difference was higher in USA than prices in Europe. 2 years ago the price of some Tenyo tricks was less expensive or egual in "MAGIX UNLIMITED shop" in France than the price of Ebay Magico Japan.
The worst example of "prices differences" has been Ghost lamp sold to USA for $ 60.

I like Clear Surprise too and as you say it's not an issue if not examinable because I noticed too that "Laymen usually don't feel compelled to examine something they can see through".

No you can't show your hand empty for God Hand, I think after seeing video that this fact is sure and definitive.
I think it's impossible to perfom after Mobile illusion because as I say before you have to begin the routine with all props ready in the plate.

I think we can even say that this year is a good year.
I feel that "Memo Pad" will can maybe use a similar gimmick to the one used in "Impossible Pen". but this is just an idea, I do not know.
[quote]
On 2012-09-28 11:00, xl18 wrote:
[/quote]

But maybe you can do the other way, starting with God Hand, spectator put his finger on the cut card wich is restaured and after perform Mobile Illusion and this time offer to sign the card and give this so magical restored / signed card as lucky gift at the end.
But God Hand seems so strong visually, I'm not sure it would be appropriate to follow with Mobile illusion...
Indeed God Hand is powerful enough alone, but it's always fun to try to imagine possible routines with several Tenyo :)
Sure! (to not say "Obviously"! :))... I'm already thinking of different possible combinations with Miracle Thru Coin, Moonspinner, Memo pad, etc...
Only 1 month to go... :)
Jpmagic blog Hey presto! ( http://jpmagic.blog34.fc2.com/ ) written in his review on "Memo Pad" and as previous ones, seems to have been very suprised by gimmick : " I was very surprised when opening the box, It is somewhat amazing idea. It was a principle entirely different from everything that I could imagine. I laughed a little in a good way. Typically the kind of Tenyo magic I love "

Good news, I'm so curious about this one...
[quote]But maybe you can do the other way, starting with God Hand, spectator put his finger on the cut card wich is restaured and after perform Mobile Illusion and this time offer to sign the card and give this so magical restored / signed card as lucky gift at the end.[/quote]

I think I can do Mobile Illusion first and then god hand. Remember I start off with the God Hand tray already set up on my lap, out of the spectator's sight. When I cut the card into quarters I make believe I just put it in the tray and bring it out but really I just put the cut card off to side and bring out the already set up tray. From the spectator's side it will look like the card on the tray is the one they just saw (at least in thoery).
The return of Mr. Buzzkill. Sorry bout this folks, but it needs to be said. I do not see how 'Miracle Thru Coin' is any different than Shinpei Ogawa's 'Coin Coaster'. I do not see how 'Clear Surprise' is any different than 'Transparent Force Bag' by U.F.Grant. 'Memo Pad' is a 'World's Greatest Magic' selection so it is not a true Tenyo invention. 'God Hand' is also a 'World's Greatest Magic' selection by the incredible Lubor Fiedler. Tenyo really invented nothing this year. My intent is not to trash Tenyo...I am a lifelong fan. The fact remains & the point that I am making is that Tenyo is now a radically changed company without the input of the inventor masters Hiroshi Kondo, Shigeru Sugawara & Hideo Kato. They need to find new creative minds if they are to attempt a new 'Golden Days' age.
'Miracle Thru Coin' has nothing to do with Shinpei Ogawa's 'Coin Coaster. You don't have to use 2 coins but only one, and there is mechanism hide on the tray ( merlin's coffer upgrade) where on the other it's just twist of metal that blew the hidden coin. The inventor looks to be Mr Shimomura.

Memo Pad is world greatest magic package but it is invented by Tenyo staff "Naohisa Inaba" so it's real Tenyo invention.

I don't know about clear suprise but it's not transparent force bag at all I think. The main gimmick is the cards, not the bag.
But I agree with you that for many years the tricks invented by the team of Tenyo are not exceptional and they do not really appeal to ingenious mechanisms...
Pop-up Card, psychic money, cloud money, China suprise,Illusion truck, Millionaire dream, Vanishing point ... There is nothing exceptional.

But I still think this year is pretty good, going in the right direction. Although all the magic of this year's require to training and master some aspect of handling to be performed correctly, which is quite unusual.
After watching the video again, I think what I like most about Tenyo is when I can not understand how it works and this year I do not relly understand how clear suprise, Memo Pad and God hand works.
I think this is this little pleasure which is nice. Scratching my head and finally have to buy the magic to know the real secret. I felt the same sensation at the time with Crystal Clever, Prison box, Invisible zone, Crystal pyramid, Illusionarium etc etc... I like that lol
[quote]
On 2012-09-28 10:16, stereo wrote:
Real price in Japan :
God hand 1890 JPY (19 euros /24 USD)
Clear Surprise 1260 JPY (12,5 Euros / 16 USD)
MemoPad 1470 JPY (14,5 euros / 19 USD)
Coin Through Glass 1260 JPY (12,5 Euros / 16 USD)
[/quote]

I would love to be able to buy these items at these prices.

In recent years the Tenyo prices in the US have crept up and are now clearly overpriced.

I think what Richard mentioned (shipping cost from Japan) is a factor, but I also think the US distributor is inflating the prices.

Now this year there are two US distributors for Tenyo in the US and I think the new distributor might have better pricing.

For so long I thought that sellers Magico-Japan and Tokyo Hobby on the big auction site were undercutting the competition but now my belief is that their prices are the correct ones as you can see when you visit the Japanese version of the Tenyo website.

Right now on the Japanese SEO website there are offering a pre-order of the 4 tricks for 4998 yen which is about $64.

Wouldn't that be nice?
My favourite by far is God Hand.....an awesome use of B.... A.. for close up.

Unfortunately I believe that in the second video (where you see more close up)....one of the gimmicks (lower right) is not well positioned ....and this gave me the first idea of how this could work.
Add second new great video of Memo Pad :

I'm with you Roberto.... God Hand is the one I can't wait to get my Human hands on. The other's I can come up with some kind of way for them to be done in my head... I just cannot figure out at all how God Hand is done. I hope it is Super Clever (Lubor usually is) and not a dissapointment if you know what I mean.

Charlie
That new video of Memo Pad is intriguing! I can not exactly figure out how Memo Pad, God Hand or Clear Surprise are done - me likes that :)
I like the performance better in the new video of Memo Pad as well.

Did one of the regular Tenyo Café members buy the 2013 lot from Magico Japan? I saw it sold for around $200.
[quote]
On 2012-10-04 07:39, meridianfan wrote:
Did one of the regular Tenyo Café members buy the 2013 lot from Magico Japan? I saw it sold for around $200.
[/quote]

Yes it was bought by a Regular from US, but he has not been posting lately. He recently moved and that has him occupied I think.
I am interested in finding out if you can use Memo Pad to vanish other objects like rings and such. Looks nice.
Another Japanese Tenyo enthousiast - welcome Joji! Do you collect Tenyo?

I believe someone said the cards are gimmicked, so I think the object you can make appear has to be quite flat.
He speak about Memo pad, not clear surprise killertweety !

For Memo Pad if it's use magnetic gimmick maybe you can use all metalic item you want like ring or coins, if it's not magnetic trick I don't know.
We will have the answer soon !
Ah yes indeed - sorry :blush:
I really like this years line up.

Video for God hand shows a flash of quartered C---s in right hand as he he scoops up the dish for the finale... :-(
All in all a visual stunner for the eyes.

Methods seem pretty straight forward to me for miracle coin and clear surprise..

Memo pad has me fooled.. it is another Tenyo stunner...can you really hear the noise?

Many years ago for a kid show...
I performed the flying coins from stand to glass and had an assistant off stage hit a button to trigger an audio sample of a coin hitting glass! The assistant hit the button way too early and way too late on two tosses that turned my boring routine into a comedy hit! :=)
All the kids laughed their heads off.

I wonder if you can control the sound?!
Peppis, I thought I noticed the same thing on God Hand as he scoops it up and turns it over you see a quick glimpse of white (like the corner of a card) and then I thought it might be a reflection of light off the tray after looking at it over and over.

I agree with you about Miracle Coin and Clear Surprise.

I too am intrigued by Memo Pad (though not as much as God Hand.... Lubor you know), I was not aware that you hear a clink noise as the coins disappear and invisibly fall into the drawn cup... is that in fact true anyone? Wow that would be something else.

For those interested, I noticed on that Big Auction site that Magico-Japan I believe is now auctioning all 4 2013 effects individually. I think the Auction has 4 days and they say this is the last they have before everything is officially released at the end of the month. Just an FYI.
Well, the Tenyo horse race has begun. Hitomi now has all 4 2013 tricks individually for sale on eBay. I was outbid in about 5 minutes. I'm looking forward to seeing how much some will pay to be the first on their block to have these.
Really looking forward to these as a huge collector I look forward to every year
Gonna wait till all 4 are bundled not for sale separately any ideas apart from eBay who is the best ones to deal with
Question for Tenyo fans in the UK. When buying from Hitomi on Ebay - do you have to deal with Customs here in the UK, when the tricks arrive from Japan?

Just curious since it irritates me when having to deal with Customs.

Joe
Hi Joe,

I've ordered a few things a couple of tricks at a time to the UK and haven't had customs issues when dealing with Hitomi yet but I guess you can never be 100% sure with UK customs, it seems to be a game of chance. I do know what you mean though, I'm exactly the same.

David
[quote] Gonna wait till all 4 are bundled not for sale separately any ideas apart from eBay who is the best ones to deal with[/quote]

Already happened. Here's what you can look forward to paying:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wow-How-did-you-get-Tenyo-2013-so-fast-/200823522268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec203c3dc&nma=true&si=QidntF7l1TNqDJI0hLkYiCAXyZk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Of course, once these are officially released, Hitomi will be selling them at regular prices and you can just buy them with combined shipping. Penguinmagic.com has started selling Tenyo, so you could do the same with them (with free shipping).
Thanks for replying, Killertweety.

I demonstrated some Tenyo products (through a local toy store, not directly for Tenyo) at my ex-company's annual "family outing" day and have always liked their products. I've even met Mr. Shimomura some 30 years ago although it was brief and I just remember he was very good with the cards.
I think what is throwing me off about the Memo Pad is the accompanying sound effects. If it makes the sound of a coin, I might want to mute it if I'm making something non-metallic disappear, assuming that's even possible.
I am going to be in Japan in December, so I looking forward to picking up all 4. Hopefully, Yodabashi Camera in Akihabara will have them since they have the best prices.
[quote]
On 2012-10-05 00:00, macdaddy wrote:
I am going to be in Japan in December, so I looking forward to picking up all 4. Hopefully, Yodabashi Camera in Akihabara will have them since they have the best prices.
[/quote]
Here I am living in Japan for 30+ years and today I learned for the first time that Tenyo products can be bought at Yodobashi Camera. They truly sell everything don't they.
You can hear the song of the coin in the video at 0:55, put the volume high :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmoEXVX9oU
[quote]
On 2012-10-05 08:44, stereo wrote:
You can hear the song of the coin in the video at 0:55, put the volume high :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmoEXVX9oU
[/quote]

Thanks. Nice sound!
[quote]
On 2012-10-04 07:46, John Mazza wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-04 07:39, meridianfan wrote:
[/quote]

Yes it was bought by a Regular from US, but he has not been posting lately. He recently moved and that has him occupied I think.
[/quote]

Yes, that's me. I've been quite busy, things have finally settled down and now I'm back.

And as John said I was the winning bidder on the auction for the 2013 line. I just got them today and I must admit the method and gimmicks for Memo Pad had me quite surprised. God Hand is Clever. As for the other 2. I wasn't that surprised.
Good to know Memo Pad and God Hand is worth the wait. :bg:
Still will have to get all 4 while they are new and normal priced ;)
Clear suprise is finally as simple as it sounds? with absolutly no innovation ?
Izzy Jay, in Belgium and Holland we have an expression that goes like 'when you say A, you have to say B too' ... (perhaps this doesn't make any sense in English ;) )

Anyway, I sincerely hope you will write 4 (brief) reviews for us :) Most of us if not all will buy all four of the tricks anyway of course ... :smiles:
Yes.... glad to hear God Hand and Memo Pad are worth the wait. You could tell that those two were the stars and the hardest to figure out. Reiviews of each would be nice. Thanks for the info izzy. Looking forward to getting them into my own hands.
[quote]
On 2012-10-05 10:38, stereo wrote:
Clear suprise is finally as simple as it sounds? with absolutly no innovation ?
[/quote]

Yes, really simple!
As for reviews, KillerTweety And ChasVH I'll play around a little and post some reviews. Probably on Sunday.

And yes ChasVH, God Hand & Memo Pad are definitely worth the wait. They're my favorites so far!
1 year development for Takayuki Kumazawa to create Clear surprise wich is something which already exists since decades, it is shameful. In fact Takayuki Kumazawa never really managed to invent something extraordinary... Illusion Truck, Escape King are not fabulous, Mystic Black board is great but looks to be thanks to the idea of Hiroshi Kondo.

Last year, seeing Tower of Dice, I thought he had finally found his way and that it might be a turning point in his creative career in Tenyo. The idea behind Tower of Dice was not transcendent but it was well executed and really Tenyo style. Finally this year, and after one year of thinking, he come with Clear suprise that looks extremely disappointing in terms of innovation and ingenuity. A card with hidden pocket and a transparent envelope with a slit ??? Is it ??? Well... Sorry but I already have in my drawers what I need to perform this trick, and it is far from the Tenyo excellence... I'm not saying that the routine has no interest or it is not good. The effect is nice but He did not invent anything and it's not what I expect from Tenyo.

After I can't judge without really knowing how things work inside the Tenyo company. Maybe he had no choice, that can be imposed on him to find an idea with a banknote, or something that costs the cheapest possible, but finding nothing better in a year of development it is not reassuring at all. As was said before by Inert, fortunately Lubor Fiedler is here to save the day... And Now I have high hopes on Naohisa Inaba creativity.
Stereo,

You are right on point stereo. Though I do not know exactly how Clear Surprise is done, it is not hard to figure out the only few ways that it can be accomplished because it is in fact see through. I was hoping I was wrong and there was something new and exciting hiding back there but I just don't think there is, and based on IZZY, it must be what we all are thinking. That's what makes Lubor's stuff so great... you just don't have really any idea how its done. That is also why I like Angelo's effects as well like his Prison Box and Mini Metamorphisis. I like clever mechanisms. That is what Tenyo is to me. Mystery China Box (Shimomura) and Eye of the Idol. Tunnel of Darkness, Ninja experiment, Mirage, Excaliber, Wonder Window and of course Ultra Tube plus others by Sugawara. These are the types of effects that are Tenyo to me. It seems as of late we get 1 or 2 of these a year and the other 2 are "Mailed in" like Clear Surprise and Miracle Coin. Just one mans opinion.
Don't shoot the messenger!

T-252 Clear Surprise by Takayuki Kumazawa is not a new idea.

T-253 Miracle Thru Coin by ? is not a new idea.

T-254 Memo Pad by Naohisa Inaba is a World's Greatest Magic item. He is not a Tenyo creator. His T-240 Shrinking Pen should have been released as a World's Greatest Magic item imo. Tenyo creator items are not released as World's Greatest Magic. His role is much like Hiroshi Sawa (T-220 Crash Dice, etc). If I am wrong here, straighten me out.

T-255 God Hand by Lubor Fielder is new but is already being ripped off with a modified version. Lubor is use to being ripped off unfortunately.

Tenyo did not create anything new themselves this year. Sorry to say, but true. It is like a regression backwards similar to their output previous to See Through Card. Why all this is ocurring, I am not sure. Maybe the recent natural disaster is a factor. Maybe they are trying to limit costs & lower retail prices. This year's prices should be surprisingly low. As ChasVH stated (more or less), where are the clever mechanisms? Only Lubor...once again.

I am also starting to suspect that Toru Suzuki is no longer a Tenyo creator. Can anyone confirm or deny my suspicions on this?

Like I said before, don't shoot the messenger. I take no joy in writing this post. All I know, is that something is afoot. Something is not right & I long for the old Tenyo style & creativity.
In my opinion, Tenyo does not have to invent great tricks themselves for me to be happy.

It is very difficult to invent new tricks and possibly their standards are very high and they are not happy to put out anything mediocre.

What I like about Tenyo is that if you were to buy/collect only or mostly Tenyo (like I do) then you will have a broad cross section of magic.

I have dice, coin, rope/string, silk, water, card, sponge, mini illusions, etc., etc., etc. and they are all Tenyo.

I love that I can look into my Tenyo drawers and pull out tricks for any kind of situation (other than stage).

Plus isn't just about every magic trick based on something previous.

I remember recently some members here showing a older version of Phanto Block called Phantom Block and Sandwich Platter was based on a trick using cardboard plates. Etc., etc. etc.

I am not looking to counter Inert's observation, just to give another way of looking at what Tenyo provides to their customers.

John

OK Richard we need some graphics of some Smile Faces with guns or something like that ("Don't Shoot the Messenger").
Inert I reply to you about Naohisa Inaba and I have explain you that Naohisa Inaba IS Tenyo creator, It is part of the official Tenyo staff.
For the World greatest magic Package you can note there is not his picture or his name on the front of packaging like on the other one. I think it's because is not his creation but the creation of "Tenyo co" because it is employee of Tenyo and its creation does not belong to him personally but belongs to the company.
World greates magic is the best magic in the world, and maybe Tenyo estimated that "Magic Memo Pad" was good enough to be part of this prestigious collection ( not shrinking pen ).
[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Pissed-Pussy.gif[/img]
That's good. LMFAO. Thanks
[quote]
On 2012-10-05 18:49, stereo wrote:
Inert I reply to you about Naohisa Inaba and I have explain you that Naohisa Inaba IS Tenyo creator, It is part of the official Tenyo staff.
For the World greatest magic Package you can note there is not his picture or his name on the front of packaging like on the other one. I think it's because is not his creation but the creation of "Tenyo co" because it is employee of Tenyo and its creation does not belong to him personally but belongs to the company.
World greates magic is the best magic in the world, and maybe Tenyo estimated that "Magic Memo Pad" was good enough to be part of this prestigious collection ( not shrinking pen ).
[/quote]

This might be a mute point, but the copy on all of the World Greatest Magic [sic] packages also says "the mysteries from the world", literally. Being a chain of small islands, Japanese often refer to anything outside of Japan as "world" (sekai), "global" (grobaru), or "international" (kokusaiteki). The point of which is to say that even those of us in Japan are wondering why the Memo Pad is in this series. Most of us thought, because of the copy and other packaging hype, that this series was intended for popular tricks performed, popularized, or developed outside of Japan. A stretch of this could be a trick that originated in Japan that originally did not catch on in Japan, but was a big hit outside of Japan.
Similar to the old adage that the best way to keep a secret (in the magic fraternity) is to publish it, it is not new for an effect to be developed in Japan only to become popular outside of Japan, thus rekindling interest among the Japanese.
This is very interesting, thank you Joji Matsuo :)
I hope that one day we will know the end of the story...
To return to Seo Magic video SEO, I think the author had well prepared and thought about his presentation, and even if it is not perfect, it may be noted that it included several movements to fool magicians and bring us on false tracks. Which is pretty clever. On Clear Surprise its movement suggests that the banknote is hidden in his hand at the beginning and on Memo Pad he begins by disappear a coin and puts his hand on the edge of the desk and then leaving some doubt on the place where is the coin. with the 2nd part yet it proves that it is not as simple as his hand is shown empty. I find his way of doing very intelligent for a video of presentation that will be husked by all magicians viewers. Anyway, even if the idea is good, the second video is much simple and finally even more impressive. So this is a good / bad idea. Is that you understand what I mean?
Add new video with the 4 tricks performed :

( it's the first video on the page )

Some new things.
This magicien perform God hand without the round plate and with another card than the 7 of heart from Tenyo.
You can hear the sound of Memo pad coins and he can produce the song at the end by shaking the drawing.
Nice video.

ps : What mean LMFAO ?
LMFAO = Laughing My !@#$%^& Ass Off
Hi Again,
About those reviews on the 2013 Tenyo line I promised you or at least KillerTweety and ChasVH, I had to travel out of town for a few days. I'll be back on Wednesday, so I'll try to post reviews then.

Sorry for the delay - Izzy
Regarding the new video with the 4 performances:

_ The Clear Surprise killed me!!!......with this new video I really don't know how it's done......I really liked this performance.

_ If the God Hand can be performed in a black mat....why Tenyo didn't supply just a small black mat???......what's the point of the round thing with the petri shape???.....for sure there should be a reason but I don't get it...
Wow ... that new video is excellent. No idea about how they work exactly to be honest!
Perhaps the petri dish makes the trick easier?
I believe that Lubor Fiedler will show Tenyo 4 new prototypes of the tricks he is workking on each year to Tenyo. And then Tenyo select the one they want to market.

Anyone else ever fantasize about seeing what the unreleased Lubor Fiedler prototypes are that don't make it to market? The mind boggles!

Joe
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 02:29, magic patagonia wrote:

_ The Clear Surprise killed me!!!......with this new video I really don't know how it's done......I really liked this performance.

[/quote]

lol
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 05:41, Killertweety wrote:
Wow ... that new video is excellent. No idea about how they work exactly to be honest!
Perhaps the petri dish makes the trick easier?
[/quote]

I think it's possible because the video is very dark, but in real life not sure it's possible.
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 09:20, stereo wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 02:29, magic patagonia wrote:

[/quote]

lol
[/quote]

I really mean it stereo....I'm really surprized by the trick

You don't like it after seeing this last performance?

I think I'm missing something........
Well it's just what we say before ... Nothing new...
The routine is not bad but this kind of props exist for decades.
Absolutly no innovation :(
You can make your own now for free, no need to wait the official release.
I was hoping the Tenyo's touch... but not.

I am not disappointed with the effect, but its construction.
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 19:31, stereo wrote:
Well it's just what we say before ... Nothing new...
The routine is not bad but this kind of props exist for decades.
Absolutly no innovation :(
You can make your own now for free, no need to wait the official release.
I was hoping the Tenyo's touch... but not.

I am not disappointed with the effect, but its construction.
[/quote]

OK.....now I got it!!!.....I saw the video about 10 times!!!....HD....full screen......

Yes....agree with you.....you can easily make one at home.

I think this could fall in the line of Magic Pop-Up, Cloud Money and China Surprise.......but for me it's better than these 3 examples......in fact I didn't bought any of these 3 but I will buy the Clear Surprise......mainly because I like the effect and because it's a pocket trick that can fit in your wallet (except for the clip....but maybe it can be replaced by a smaller one or you can ask the spectator to grip the extreme of the cards).
Toru Suzuki is still working at Tenyo, as is Shimomura.
Wow that new video with all 4 effects is really good can see them all one after the other makes it easy to try to figure them out that way. I have to wonder also if God Hand can be done on a black mat why do it any other way truly amazing if that card can be examined immediately after or at all. Memo Pad was much better letting the coins drop but I think I have have figure it out as well as Clear Surprise I am positive I am right how it is done and yes could be made yourself too. I won't say how cause it would be revealing the secret but pm I'll tell you how I think Clear Surprise is done if you really haven't figured it out yet. What is cool it packs completely flat ready to do on moments notice and can be carried in shirt pocket if need be.
I have to say that Memo Pad do not use magnet. Is the mystery thickens for me !
And you can use any small object you want. Even a simple wood match or a ring.
Possibilities to find a great story for the routine are endless.
I forgot to add there was 4 things in the video that gave away Memo Pad to me and sure you seen them too. Can see any pad the right size can be used. You can never be sure how a gimmick looks until you see it but I just did it with a fast made not perfect gimmick just to see how it looks in the mirror. Looked just as good but had to be careful cause it isn't the perfect gimmick just slapped it together. For sure there is no magnet needed.

Miracle Thru Coin is over so fast wham bam doesn't give time for much presentation and if neither part of the prop can be examined I don't think anyone is going to be too impressed with it. Now if you could be drinking something from the glass before and wipe it dry and turn it over then do it that would help but don't think that can happen. If it can then I suggest doing that. :)

One more thing if I am wrong about how Clear Surprised is done...I will be "Clearly Surprised". :)

Richard

[i]"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"[/i]
I don't see anything in the memo pad video ! Hope the coin do not fall in the floor lol

There is New (bad) God Hand video on youtube...
Well the video doesn't show any sign of the gimmick but there is 4 clues that are pretty obvious as to how it is done. :)

I did it with 3 small keys it is harder to do being they are long and can turn if not dropped right. Best to not drop them, do it like the second video rubbing them into the pad.

Still best to just buy all 4 be done with it :)
I may pass on Miracle Thru Coin unless someone says hey this is great and can be examined.
I think I got it ! I can't wait to open the package to see it in action !!!
Clear Surprise would be a good way to hand out a business card to someone they would remember you forever unless it has a finish or texture that makes it stick inside the "something" making it hard to slide out :)
I agree with the above post that the new video gives method for memo pad.
Yes maybe no magnet but something maybe to c---- the coin.
Something that moves in and out or better yet... expands and retracts.
The video gives this away at end of routine as he slides the memo pad along the edge of the table
to ditch the mysterious feke.

Still very clever and visual.
Somehow for me only.... God hand method seemed less impressive after many views as compared to memo pad.
Only because of the obvious (to me anyway) steal and palm.

Both though are visual stunners...
Wow! All 4 sold higher seperately than bundled... with God hand at 70.00!

BTW..NTAC! first Tenyo I ever saw was at the Disney World magic shop on Main St. in 1972- 1973..

I bought (er my dad!) penetration frame and crystal tube...
[quote]
On 2012-10-09 11:02, peppis wrote:
...Something that moves in and out or better yet... expands and retracts.
[/quote]

[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/Tenyo/TheHaunting.jpg[/img]
Sorry...
WOW HAHAHAHAHA Put a large add on eraser on that pencil :hysteric:
[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Erasers.jpg[/img]
Now that is a new upgrade for Haunting everyone is sure to enjoy! :rotf:
Clear suprise sold for more than Memo Pad and Coin Trough Glass.
I think that like Cloud Money 2 years ago, Clear Surprise will be the best sellers in this 2013 collection for Tenyo.
In Japan Auction site all 2013 tricks are available for around 2 weeks at regular prices, And nobody bought, aside Clear Surprise that was sold each times ... It is therefore the one that, for the moment, had the most success.
Cloud Money was the bestseller for 2011( before 4-D Surprise ad Ghost lamp), one that the community of magicians considered to be one of 2011's less-impressive efforts. And I think it will be the same for 2013. Why Tenyo would make efforts in these conditions if they makes more money with simple tricks...
[quote]
On 2012-10-09 12:08, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-09 11:02, peppis wrote:
...Something that moves in and out or better yet... expands and retracts.
[/quote]

[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/Tenyo/TheHaunting.jpg[/img]
Sorry...
[/quote]

Please do not cut my copyright when using my pictures LOL

I'm kidding of course. :me:
Oups, sorry Davy... I didn't noticed... I would have needed a magnifying glass to see that it was yours ... ;)
:wow:
[quote]
On 2012-10-09 14:20, stereo wrote:
Clear suprise sold for more than Memo Pad and Coin Trough Glass.
I think that like Cloud Money 2 years ago, Clear Surprise will be the best sellers in this 2013 collection for Tenyo.
[/quote]

I think you are right. Simple easy to carry prop that can be used to produce many items like bills, business cards, folder paper with a prediction written on it like names, numbers, drawings of items picked, maybe miniature playing card matching previously forced card selected by spectator. I can think of many more but have to wait to see how well it works for different things.

Richard

[i]"past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion"[/i]
[quote]
On 2012-10-08 09:23, MrWizard wrote:

Miracle Thru Coin is over so fast wham bam doesn't give time for much presentation and if neither part of the prop can be examined I don't think anyone is going to be too impressed with it. Now if you could be drinking something from the glass before and wipe it dry and turn it over then do it that would help but don't think that can happen. If it can then I suggest doing that. :)

[/quote]

Miracle Thru Coin can be done with a borrowed glass if you want.
Well then I'll drink to that! :)
Thanks for the heads up. ;)

So out of the 4 new effects which one is by far your favorite?
Which one do you like the least and why?
Well, my favorite one so far is Memo Pad. It's really visual. Especially when you tear out the paper at the end to show that it's an ordinary sheet of paper.

My least favorite? Well I'm not sure yet, they're all great effects.
The 2013 line is now available at some shop in japan !
http://teamhacchan.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC%EF%BC%92%EF%BC%90%EF%BC%91%EF%BC%93%E6%96%B0%E8%A3%BD%E5%93%81/
"God Hand" has been returned to Lubor's original title of "Card Surgery" for distribution outside Japan.
Great name!!
[quote]
On 2012-10-11 00:42, Richard Kaufman wrote:
"God Hand" has been returned to Lubor's original title of "Card Surgery" for distribution outside Japan.
[/quote]

Not very surprising, there would have been some people found to use the word "God" inappropriate ... Personally I find that "God Hand" name was just perfect.

But the use of perti disk is more appropriated with surgery name.

Wait to see If they make an English package ...
I wonder what the Tenyo special will be this year.
I'm after to buy the brand new 2013 range does anyone know any dealers stocking them
Can anyone direct me to a english link for this site : http://teamhacchan.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A8%E3%83%BC%EF%BC%92%EF%BC%90%EF%BC%91%EF%BC%93%E6%96%B0%E8%A3%BD%E5%93%81/
No. Put some effort in it - there are dozens of sites that will translate for you.

If you would like to buy from Japan I suggest
- Hitomi/Magico-Japan (excellent, fast, with English translation) or
- Tokyo-Hobby (excellent, slower to ship, no English translation, but ... often cheaper ... :( )

Both stores can be found on Ebay. I recommend Magico Japan.

Good luck :)

David
I also recommend Magico Japan. But, if you want to buy from a US store, the recent SeoMagic USA newsletter said they will be taking pre-orders at the end of October and they will be shipping in November.
[quote]Can anyone direct me to a english link for this site[/quote]

I'll help you out. Here's the first page translated by the KanjiDic Japanese translation web page:

"When looking in at "Tokyu Hands" which was able to do it newly to commercial complex アミュ plaza Hakata of Hakata Station, Teng Yeoh's 2013 new product had already arrived.
Since he thought that it ranked with a shop front the end of the month in October later, four points have all been bought up in surprise.
the contents of each work -- "-- I introduce the "God hand" which is pleasing also in it especially here noting that it yields there, since it is detailed in the Sunday magic diary " (=> here).
Colet and a really uncanny thing -- it is a word.

The cards separated by four are on a round tray.
Three cards will be connected if a hand is held up on it.
Furthermore, if a hand is held up, all will be connected and it will restore to one perfect sheet.
Although I have cards investigated immediately, they are ordinary cards without a knot.
The latest work "it is not believed" was produced commercially by positive [ of gifted louver Fidler who produces wonderful magic one after another ] by collaboration with Teng Yeoh.
The novel way of thinking and gimmick which made the miracle possible are surprise.
the last makes a partner also take up the card and tray which were restored -- よ ? く調べて -- らう -- things are made!"

Got it?
Wow that was strangely informative or not :)
I know, right? With that kind of accuracy, I don't know why the page even exists.
Hi,
Here's a little review on the 4 effects of the 2013 line.

I'm not very good at reviews, so my apologies in advance.

I'll start with Memo Pad.

The gimmick on this effect is..... Well, I've never seen it used on a Tenyo effect before. You have to put the gimmick together yourself (all parts are included) it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to do. If used properly the gimmick should last you for years.
I played around with it a little. The gimmick works beautifully. The effect also works best when you're sitting at a table. Whoever you're performing for make sure they're sitting in front of you only.
One more thing, it's possible to hand out the pad for examination "after" the effect, if you can do a switch (not a big deal if you're sitting at a table).

I performed it for a couple of friends and they were amazed! And they're all magicians!
Next is God Hand.

There's not much I can say without giving away the effect. What I can say is that,
1. the trick works best with the tray
2. You don't have to use the included card (7 Hearts) it's very easy to make the necessary changes to use whatever card you want
Also card can be handed out for examination "after" the effect.

As for the other parts, I can't say more without exposing the effect. Sorry
Next is Miracle Thru Coin.

Even though we all sort of guessed how this effect might work (same idea as Merlin's Coffer), seeing it in action is incredible! By pressing down the overturned glass on the tray you activate the gimmick. And it works way better than Merlin's Coffer! The coin that "penetrates" the glass hits the glass with a bang. The effect is really awesome.

I'd rather not hand this out for examination.
And the last one is Clear Surprise.

There's really nothing to say other than that the props included are excellent quality. We all know pretty much already how this effect works)

Nothing can be examined. Before or after.
I hope you guys find the reviews helpful. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not very good at writing reviews, so if you have any questions just PM and I'll try my best to answer.

Izzy Jay
Muchas gracias, Izzy.

One of the qualities we usually wonder about new Tenyo is how hard are they to learn. Some are self working and you can perform them flawlessly in minutes, others take hours of practice. I take it from your reviews that these tend toward a short learning curve.
Well yes, the techniques for the effects are all very simple and easy to understand. The only one that doesn't really require any practice would be Miracle Thru Coin.
As for the other 3, they don't really take too long to practice. You should be able to perform it properly after 2-3 practices.

Hope this helps
Izzy
On second thought, God Hand might need a little more practice to get it right.
[quote]
On 2012-10-06 16:54, stereo wrote:
Add new video with the 4 tricks performed :

( it's the first video on the page )

[/quote]

Davy, what happened with this video? It doesn't seem to be on your blog anymore...?
Thanks for the videos :)
Yes I think finally this videos may lend to confusion because props and routine are not the same as the Original Tenyo One. And the video with Memo pad with the coin falling is less impressive than when the coin disappears when it is hidden.
I have only seen one video of memo pad. Where is the other?
The one I speak with all 4 trick in ine video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Z68GnTnv8

and another one from Seo magic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wxKRT9fgUs
Thank you! The first video I hadn't seen.
Can't wait checking eBay on a regular basis hoping to grab a full set
French prices for Tenyo 2013 are available :
Miracle Coin Thru : 19euros
Clear Surprise : 19euros
God Hand (Card surgery) : 28euros (It's this one wich have the largest price difference with Japan)

Curiously Memo Pad is not offered for sale ... Strange when you know it's one of the most sough after.
How many of each of these tricks will Tenyo manufacture??
52 365 of each - that's what I have been told ... in A DREAM MOOOHAZHAHH ... sorry ... I don't know.
One can easily say that Tenyo produce at least between 5000 and 10000.
I think One of the creators have say that the minimum number for a second wave of production, once the initial stock was sold was 5000 copies. Below this number the trick is discontinued.
Seo-Magic USA has the 2013 Tenyo for pre-order now. The prices are a higher than the Japanese prices converted to USD.

Card Surgery (God Hand) $29.70
Clear Surprise $20.70
MemoPad 1470 JPY $22.50
Coin Through Glass $21.60

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/108/sort/2a/products_id/1072
Those are the pre-order prices for shipment sometime between the 1st and 2nd week of November. The prices go up a little after Nov. 5th. (For the the entire set of 4, $94.50 now, the price goes up $10.50 to $105 after that date.)
I believe prices will be even lower with Magico Japan or Tokyo-Hobby on Ebay. Prices in the USA are pretty decent I believe and often the shipping cost is much less then from Japan/Ebay, but in Europe there is a significant difference in prices magic shops ask and what Japanese sellers on Ebay ask.
And since now there is no more difference package which are no longer localized in English, no reason to not order in magico Japan shop.
Besides if you want to economically support your own country and local magic store.

For Tokyo Hobby, this seller has never supported magicians, never translated instructions, never given information abour new upcoming line, never sold Tenyo special to help etc etc ... so there is no comparison with Magico Japan that she did all this, and is always open-minded for help the community. And it may be good to remember.
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 23:03, Izzy Jay wrote:
Next is God Hand.

There's not much I can say without giving away the effect. What I can say is that,
1. the trick works best with the tray
2. You don't have to use the included card (7 Hearts) it's very easy to make the necessary changes to use whatever card you want
Also card can be handed out for examination "after" the effect.

As for the other parts, I can't say more without exposing the effect. Sorry
[/quote]

It looked like the right hand on the demo - first two fingers ...were hiding something that might need to be ditched?
Clear Surprise looks to use a similar optical element as 4D last year - Lubor style.

This was the first time I have looked at this thread in awhile and I really enjoyed the video! Some nice stuff from Tenyo.
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 22:04, Izzy Jay wrote:
Hi,

The gimmick on this effect is..... Well, I've never seen it used on a Tenyo effect before. You have to put the gimmick together yourself (all parts are included) it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to do. If used properly the gimmick should last you for years.
I played around with it a little. The gimmick works beautifully. The effect also works best when you're sitting at a table. Whoever you're performing for make sure they're sitting in front of you only.
One more thing, it's possible to hand out the pad for examination "after" the effect, if you can do a switch (not a big deal if you're sitting at a table).

I performed it for a couple of friends and they were amazed! And they're all magicians!
[/quote]

Thanks for the reviews!

I'm assuming you mention sitting at a table is better so as to be able to add the "audio" portion that sounds like coins clinking perhaps,yes?
[quote]
On 2012-10-23 11:54, saysold1 wrote:
Clear Surprise looks to use a similar optical element as 4D last year - Lubor style.

This was the first time I have looked at this thread in awhile and I really enjoyed the video! Some nice stuff from Tenyo.
[/quote]

No optical element, just simple props.
"Clear Surprise" uses a simple clear plastic envelope. It is prepared, but not "gimmicked." There is a difference.

I have had all four tricks for about a week now and am enjoying playing with them. I am genuinely surprised that "Card Surgery" made it into the lineup because of the sleight of hand involved. Also, the trick must be performed with the card sideways in front of you, and your fingers (assuming you're using your right hand) pointing to the left. The videos on the internet where the narrow end of the card is toward you, and your fingers are pointing toward the audience, show an incorrect position for performance.
[quote]
On 2012-10-23 12:02, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 22:04, Izzy Jay wrote:
Hi,

[/quote]

Thanks for the reviews!

I'm assuming you mention sitting at a table is better so as to be able to add the "audio" portion that sounds like coins clinking perhaps,yes?
[/quote]

Well, maybe but what I mean is like I said, it's easier to do a switch (Gimmicked Memo Pad for Ungimmicked Pad) when you're sitting at a table.
Just pre ordered next years line from SEO magic and yeah these do come with english instructions
Plus they are on at a good price at the moment
Good news for American buyers.
I will buy from Hitomi because she will have the new line before everyone and prices are always unbeatable. More delivery takes 5 days exactly to France, exactly the same as if I ordered from French Shop.
I find it incredible and I always wondered how it was possible that this is so fast and every time exactly 5 days. Surely the force and rigor of the Japanese organization lol
In addition, there are no more English Package and the main French supplier (Magix Unlimited) offers only 3 of the 4 magic tricks for sale, like last year. It's really strange, especially the choice of trick which is not sold is never very judicious. This year they do not sell Memo pad, which is one of the most desired. Weird !
I ordered some rolls of coins from Japan took 5 days too. What is up with that?
You do not have to be seated at a table in order to perform "Memo Pad." You can be standing, and have the pad laying flatly on a table nearby. The fact that you lift the pad off a flat table is very important for the success of the illusion because it subtlely implies that there is nothing under or behind it. The gimmick itself is a doozy--one of those fun mechanical gizmos that Tenyo does so well, but it's completely unseen in this routine.
BeBearmagic is offering the 2013 line for a good price. I've bought from him before and found him to be reliable. I wrote to him about the instruction language issue and he wrote back that he'll be offering the English version at the same price - just specify that's what you want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Tenyo-New-Release-All-four-sets-directly-from-Japan-with-free-shipping-/150933985268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23245dd7f4
Well in his original auction this guy have use all photos from Hitomi with the Hitomi Logo on here ... Not very reliable fro me...
And it's pre-order ! So you have to wait he have the trick, order it from Japan, received in his house and send it tou you. So after everyone ...
I'll buy from Hitomi for sure - the way she helped me out last year with one of the tricks (she specially let her husband make a video of a trick because I didn't understand how to perform it) was 1st class.

I don't understand all the 'pre-ordering' thing with Tenyo ... it's not that Tenyo's 2012 tricks will be sold out in a few weeks time ;)
Pre-ordering items that have a very limited run OK, but Tenyo?

Better yet, if you wait a few weeks after Tenyo released the tricks they will have the Special trick for 2012 too - save some shipping costs.
With Murphy's Magic now the main distributor of Tenyo magic in the USA, you will find all the items at your local dealers and internet shops soon enough. Not sure what prices will be like, but they will all be much easier to buy in the US from now on.
Penguin has every current Tenyo available and prices are dirt cheap plus free shipping on 40.00 and over. They sell so much hard to keep it in stock.
Murphy's list three of the 2013 tricks for a retail price of $29.95 and Card Surgery (God Hand) for $38. That is a total of $127.85.

Quite a bit more than the $73 (5,800 yen) retail price in Japan.

I don't know why they cost so much more here in the U.S. Of course there are shipping costs but it does not cost over $50 to ship 4 small, light boxes. Maybe there are heavy import taxes.

Here is the kicker. The other distributor that has been carrying Tenyo all along for many years (I think Murphy just added Tenyo last year) looks to have a retail price of $165 for the set. That is more than $37 more than Murphy's and way more than double the Japanese retail price.

So the wholesale price from the second distributor is more than the retail price from Japan.

So if I was a U.S. magic shop it would be cheaper to buy from Hitomi than to buy from one of the U.S. distributors.

Though there was a difference in the packaging last year. Hitomi and other Japan sellers sell true Japanese versions with either translated instructions or photocopied instructions where the U.S. packaged tricks come with English instructions supplied by Tenyo and attached to the back in a cello bag. That was the case last year but not sure what will be this year.

SEO has a US site and has a good pre-order deal going right now, but I think they are Japanese versions not English market versions.

So there are a lot of choices and good places to get your Tenyo from, but it looks like if you want the best price it is going to come from Hitomi, SEO or someplace that gets the tricks directly from Japan and not through the U.S. Distributors.
The prices on Murphys is just suggested retail price they don't sell retail. You know that I'm sure but others may not.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc. is a wholesale magic distributor. We do not sell to the public. Only authorized dealers can purchase and gain access to pricing and availability. MSRP information is the manufacturers suggested retail base price and does not include taxes, import fees, VAT, or other fees that may affect the final cost-check with your magic shop for final price. Magicians, if you see any magic you like, contact your favorite magic shop.
Basically it is one more intermediary in the chain ...
Tenyo does not sell retail outside Japan.

Hitomi cannot sell to magic shops in the US because they will have to mark up her products and end up with the same price (or higher) than the retail price from Murphy's. Plus, with Murphy's, you are getting the real instructions from Tenyo, not self-translated photocopies.

There's a lack of understanding of business here.

And, yes, of course the items will cost more in the US than just by converting their price in yen to dollars! You have no idea how much it costs to ship stuff overseas from Japan in large quantities.

And here's the bottom line: support the sellers in the US so Tenyo continues to make products available to the US. If everyone just buys from someone in Japan because it's a few dollars less, then eventually Tenyo won't bother doing English language instructions. We don't know if they're doing English language boxes this year, but I don't think so. And that's a result of poor sales in the US due to their old distributor. Perhaps if Murphy's distribution boosts business in the US sufficiently, we may see English-language packaging again.
It's NOT a few dollars less Richard.

Ghost Lamp for example is sold 72 USD here in France. Hitomi sold it at 36 USD....
Ballon Illusion 47 USD here, 25 USD from Hitomi...
4D surprise 52 USD in France, 28 USD from Hitomi etc etc...

The difference is huge, and it is only for one item, then imagine the difference when you purchased the 4 tricks of the line. It's not few dollars less at all.
I think there is really a problem somewhere. Fortunately, all the imported product does not have their prices multiplied by two or more ... The explanation can not be that, or shipping cost etc...

And I think that even people who have money, comfortable resources, buy at the best possible price.

According to the latest statistics, people are ready to support their own economies of their countries, only if the price difference does not exceed 15 %. Here It is very very far.

Ps: With Hitomi you have the original Tenyo instructions too, after the release. Ok it's photocopied but not a big issue.
And do not forget that the real prices are not Hitomi's prices. She obviously already earns his margin, compared to real prices in Japanese stores.

So in the end to recap, Japanese store prices around 15USD for one item. French prices stores for one item around 50 USD .... The price has been multiplied by 3,5 !!
I said it before and will say it again for the reading impaired. Go check the prices from Penguin Magic based in USA compared to anyone's prices you will see they are cheaper on just about any item offered. Plus free shipping over a 40.00 order. Before I go looking to buy from outside of the USA I check Penguin prices. I also will expect the 4 new tricks when they appear there to be cheaper or same as from japan sellers on ebay. So for me the items get here in 2 to 5 days free shipping at a competitive price. Now for those that live outside of the USA I cannot say what your best option is but for me as much as I hate to say it Penguin is the best deal even over SEO Magic that is one state away from me. I am waiting to see what they do with the new items as far as bundled or separately sold items but I will compare them and decide the best option. ;)

Richard
I have take a look at Penguin and price are very good compared as what I can find here in France.
More there is some items which are very less expansive compared to Hitomi( Confined Cube 16$, Hitomi 25$).

With these conditions it is obvious that I too would order from Penguin if I can.
They sell world wide just check what shipping is for you there I bet it is still a good deal. :)

Penguin has tremendous buying power so they pass the savings on to the customers! :)
I have a friend in Israel that buys and resales Penguin products does very well.
After going to Penguin a few minutes ago seems they had to up their domestic shipping to free over 50.00 which is still no problem.

And they have added this:
For our Canadian and Foreign customers we have recently updated our shipping rate system to give you the absolute lowest rate on shipping possible. Your order's shipping will be calculated at checkout based on the actual weight of the items in your order.

Richardo The Magnificent
As a collector, I don't want photocopied instructions. To me it's important to have the original printed instructions.

And, yeah, Penguin is probably the way to go.
Just curious, does anyone know if the Japanese packaged tricks sold in Penguin and other stores in the USA come with the coupons for the Tenyo Specials?
[quote]
On 2012-10-28 13:01, stereo wrote:
It's NOT a few dollars less Richard.

Ghost Lamp for example is sold 72 USD here in France. Hitomi sold it at 36 USD....
Ballon Illusion 47 USD here, 25 USD from Hitomi...
4D surprise 52 USD in France, 28 USD from Hitomi etc etc...

The difference is huge, and it is only for one item, then imagine the difference when you purchased the 4 tricks of the line. It's not few dollars less at all.
I think there is really a problem somewhere. Fortunately, all the imported product does not have their prices multiplied by two or more ... The explanation can not be that, or shipping cost etc...

And I think that even people who have money, comfortable resources, buy at the best possible price.

According to the latest statistics, people are ready to support their own economies of their countries, only if the price difference does not exceed 15 %. Here It is very very far.

Ps: With Hitomi you have the original Tenyo instructions too, after the release. Ok it's photocopied but not a big issue.
[/quote]
Agree 100% with stereo on this one.

I could buy 1 trick from a distributor in USA, France or other country......but for the same amount of money I could buy 2 tricks direct from Japan.....

Bottom line: I prefer to support the INVENTOR/MANUFACTURER buying 2 items instead of 1.

I have been here for a while reading from all the posters and I respect and find all of you to be very clever persons……so…….there's NO lack of understanding of business here…as Richard Kaufman said.

I go very often to distributors…….but for sure I don’t go there to “support” them….if I go there is because they have had the ability to offer me something that I will not find elsewhere….(product variety, discount codes, fast shipment, after sale service…....).

I don’t think that we, the customers, should resolve a problem that our distributors have not been able to solve.

So my vote goes for: h.i.t.o.m.i. ;)
It's a completely different story when you live in the USA or in Europe for example. The prices of Penguin are very good and if I would live in the USA I would probably buy from them. Prices in European stores are much higher because of all the countries here which each have a large distributor/seller. We don't have a Penuin Magic here (there once was a European Penuin long ago) that can buy dozens of tricks and therefore sell for very competitive prices. And paying often double just to have the 'original' manual isn't something I'll do.

Also, when I order from the U.S.A. I often have to pay these ridiculous custom taxes ... that never happened when I ordered from Japan. Also shipping from Japan to Europe is A LOT faster then from the USA to Europe ... .

But again, it's a different story when you live in the USA.

By the way Hitomi told me she will probably have the 2012 tricks in stock this week :)
[quote]By the way Hitomi told me she will probably have the 2012 tricks in stock this week[/quote]

Finally! I've been waiting a year for those. :)
I don't think this has already been posted, so here goes.

[b]Official prices from Ebay shop Magico-Japan for the 2013 tricks[/b]
[list]
[*]God Hand / Card Surgery [i]USD 27[/i]
[*]Magic Memo Pad [i]USD 22[/i]
[*]Clear Surprise [i]USD 20[/i]
[*]Miracle Coin Thru [i]USD 20[/i]
[/list]
Shipping for one: USD 6, two USD 10, three USD 13, four USD 16

That would make a [b]total of 105 USD for all 4 tricks including shipping worldwide[/b].

They will be available tommorow, thursday at the latest. And I did it ... I pre-ordered it anyway ;) The Tenyo Special for 2013 will be released in februari and while it would save me some shipping costs I couldn't resist ordering the other tricks :P
I'm planning to post a review of each trick next week on my website like I did last year.
2013 available now and ready for shipping on Magico japan ebay Shop !!!
Do you like the new line Cyberdave ?
I don't have them yet ( I was having a little fun with Killertweety's misprint of 2012 instead the 2013 he meant), but based on the demos, they look to be great, far better than last year's, in which I was a little disappointed. The prices are shaping up to be equally great. Still waiting for Penguinmagic to chime in before I pull the trigger, but Hitomi's prices this year seem hard to beat.

Now if I could only figure out which one will be the future 'Ultra tube', and buy a hundred of them...
[quote]
On 2012-10-29 11:50, Killertweety wrote:
I don't think this has already been posted, so here goes.

[b]Official prices from Ebay shop Magico-Japan for the 2013 tricks[/b]
[list]
[*]God Hand / Card Surgery [i]USD 27[/i]
[*]Magic Memo Pad [i]USD 22[/i]
[*]Clear Surprise [i]USD 20[/i]
[*]Miracle Coin Thru [i]USD 20[/i]
[/list]
Shipping for one: USD 6, two USD 10, three USD 13, four USD 16

That would make a [b]total of 105 USD for all 4 tricks including shipping worldwide[/b].

They will be available tommorow, thursday at the latest. And I did it ... I pre-ordered it anyway ;) The Tenyo Special for 2013 will be released in februari and while it would save me some shipping costs I couldn't resist ordering the other tricks :P
I'm planning to post a review of each trick next week on my website like I did last year.
[/quote]

You will pay a little bit less if you order directly from her (instead of Ebay). Should be something like $99.50 including shipping...
Does anybody know when Penguin Magic will start selling the Tenyo 2013 tricks?
I emailed Penguin asked them if the instructions they supply are original Tenyo English instructions or Googled Japanese to English translations they sent me an example of what they get. It was a link to Murphy's Magic PDF file with the real deal instructions with Tenyo Copyright C and date on the bottom. And asked when can we expect to see the New 2013 line available. The reply was, "We hope to have the 2013 items in by mid-November." So there you have it Real Deal Tenyo Instructions and 2013 line in by mid- November.

Richard

[i]"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right"[/i]
If any of you dream about selling your Tenyo in the future at collectible prices, genuine English-language instructions from Tenyo are a must. Nothing against Hitomi, from whom I've bought many things and gives great service, but since the purchase of older Tenyo items and the collecting of them seems to be a big thing here, the issue of instructions should be noted.
[quote]
On 2012-10-31 11:31, Richard Kaufman wrote:
If any of you dream about selling your Tenyo in the future at collectible prices, genuine English-language instructions from Tenyo are a must. Nothing against Hitomi, from whom I've bought many things and gives great service, but since the purchase of older Tenyo items and the collecting of them seems to be a big thing here, the issue of instructions should be noted.
[/quote]

I do not agree. Most important to have a valued trick in the future is that the packaging has not been opened, it is brand new, it is exactly as the manufacturer has created. And this is the case here. The original version is the one with the most value, Japanese one is original one. Have packaging that is torn or defaced because the back is glued over a plastic bag to put the printed English intruction has no interest at all.
The history of English instruction has interest only in the context of real English packaging and this is not the case from now on. Now the real one is Japanese one. The English instruction is just a bonus ( and now everyone can print as the original with a good printer. The repro instruction from John are exactly the same as original one )
[img]http://www.tapscape.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/1-Ninja-Penguin-Rampage-1.jpg[/img]
Well I can say without fear of retraction the tenyo that Penguin is selling is sealed Japanese version with Japanese instructions in the package and bonus tenyo English instructions not in package so you can read it without opening the package for cheaper so it is a win win situation. And you get the PDF file you can print all the instructions you want and send the file to others how can you beat that ...with a Ninja?
Yes it's perfect in this case ! Have to wait to know the penguin prices now.
In precedent post someone speak about bag past at the back of the package, it's for that I say this.
From what I am reading, Hitomi's instructions are homemade translated instructions before the official release, and copies of the official English instructions after the release. So if you order from Hitomi in the middle of November, you should get the official English instructions.
I always order and support Hitomi shop because :

1 - For me she is implicated in the world of Tenyo, always ready to help.
2 - She give me lot informations, and each year all preview from the upcomming line before everyone on Internet. It's thank to her I can give informations of the new line in June.
3 - She have low prices, and I d'ont have lot of money, without her it would have been more difficult for me financially to complete my collection.
4 - She is the only one on Internet that sold the Tenyo Specials. Tenyo Specials are very important for me, It's the tricks I like the most in my collection. And generally she keep it for it's best customers, especially when you want to buy multiples copies. It's a kind of reward. (The one available on ebay are Tenyo Special that are re-edited by tenyo and sold separatly like ghost puzzle, magical burger, illusion scale, but majority of special are never re-edited and have limited avaibility)

So in the end, even if I find a shop a little cheaper,I will continue to buy from Hitomi because it is not just a question of price, but a combination of positive things that make me order from it.
Few months ago bought Illusion Scale from SEO so there is more than one place on the internet that sells one Tenyo Special, at least Illusion Scale which I like. I gets good reactions from it. ;)
"You Feel Lucky Punk"
"Go Ahead Make My Day"
[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Angry-Penguin-02.jpg[/img]
[quote]
On 2012-10-31 23:52, MrWizard wrote:
Few months ago bought Illusion Scale from SEO so there is more than one place on the internet that sells one Tenyo Special, at least Illusion Scale which I like. I gets good reactions from it. ;)
[/quote]

I think you don't have really read my post lol

"The one available on ebay (or Seo) are Tenyo Special that are re-edited by tenyo and sold separatly like ghost puzzle, magical burger, illusion scale, but majority of special ( all the others )are never re-edited and have limited avaibility "
But it is also possible to make a "discrete" visit in the fortified safe of Hitomi where all special are stored. Like this bird lol

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/1243725818wutwut86hviae.gif/][img]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7093/1243725818wutwut86hviae.gif[/img][/url]
I read it ok I'm just saying I like Illusion Scale and got it one state away in 2 days.
It is the very Angry Penguin you have to deal with now don't turn your back on him.

Tricky Ricky

[i]"You can lead a collector to a better deal but you can't make em buy it"[/i]
Sorry, it seems I had not understood well about Illusion Scale ;)

I think there is lot of people who did not know why some old "Tenyo Special" were sold and not others. In fact some specials are re-edited and sold as is by Tenyo, while others are not for sale and impossible to find in stores because it is only a gift in reward by collecting points on the boxes.
"impossible to find in stores because it is only a gift in reward by collecting points on the boxes"

I never knew how the specials came into play but knew they were free somehow. So did they want you to originally cut up your collectible Tenyo boxes to send in the points to get specials like sending in box tops from your Corn Flakes, Coco Puffs, and Sugar Smacks cereal boxes to get a baking soda submarine bath tub toy?
Hitomi is top notch in my book. I bought from her some rare items like the complete set of McDonald's Tenyos. She always takes care of me.

Plus she is a very beautiful woman.
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 11:46, MrWizard wrote:
"impossible to find in stores because it is only a gift in reward by collecting points on the boxes"

I never knew how the specials came into play but knew they were free somehow. So did they want you to originally cut up your collectible Tenyo boxes to send in the points to get specials like sending in box tops from your Corn Flakes, Coco Puffs, and Sugar Smacks cereal boxes to get a baking soda submarine bath tub toy?
[/quote]

Yes, on each box you have point to cut, when you have 3, you ship to tenyo your coupon and you receive the special trick in your mailbox for free.
You can see on the blog how the coupons looks like :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UjLkfRPLUCY/TYJBELxSn_I/AAAAAAAAHLg/XvkjJbrPLmA/s1600/Magician%2Bclock%2Bcoupon.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9IrDDCza48E/T11MDhk6hmI/AAAAAAAAIdU/Tl1AlP4BiH8/s1600/Tenyo%2Bspecial%2B2004%2Bpub.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6IPzhxKHor8/T11LuqvyRnI/AAAAAAAAIdI/0wh52BPkxhU/s1600/Tenyo%2Bspecial%2B2003%2Bpub%2B2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IbEb8wYj7SY/TWZ_ov6n0EI/AAAAAAAAHII/0oJ_PZT6cTw/s1600/Tenyo%2Bspecial%2Bprediction%2Begg%2B2002.jpg

etc etc...
Sorry, but there is a difference to collectors whether you have a photocopy of the instructions or the original instructions which Tenyo prints on glossy stock.
[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Ronald-McDonald-Magic-04.jpg[/img]
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 22:36, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Sorry, but there is a difference to collectors whether you have a photocopy of the instructions or the original instructions which Tenyo prints on glossy stock.
[/quote]

Perhaps for some, but I'm a collector and I don't care. An unopened package is much more important for me. It will have the original Japanese instructions on glossy paper and a copy of the English version (and often a pdf/jpg/docx/... file with the English instructions you can print on any type of paper you want) wich is perfectly OK with me.
Things would be different if the package would be English too, but this is not the case anymore in the recent years.
But again, as you say for some it might be important. If the trick becomes (very) rare and you wish to sell it even English/Japanese boxes don't mean that much anymore according to prices payed on auction sites (though there might be a slight difference for some items). I'd like to have a spare Mini Morphosis and I actually don't care if it is Japanese, English or even from Murphy's - as long as the box is unopened I'm fine.
[quote]
On 2012-11-02 05:34, MrWizard wrote:
[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Ronald-McDonald-Magic-04.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

LMFAOAIRUADTSATTH!!!
[quote]
On 2012-11-01 22:36, Richard Kaufman wrote:
[/quote]

I'm collector and I don't care too ...
I got my memo Pad today, a French shop send it to me his sample for free. Very kind.
I like it. Quality is really cheap, I did not know it was possible to make paper as thin lol but if you use your own rigid pad it will be good.
Gimmick is really unlikely assemblage of plastic lol I have to try it now with a real spectator to see the reactions...
Just another note of praise for Hitomi and her excellent service.

I ordered all four new releases on Weds and paid only a little more for Express Mail to the US. They arrived today (Friday).

And the English instructions provided are fine as well.

Joe
I consider myself as a collector also....and don't care so much about the instructions paper .......or if its printed or photocopied or whatever....but of course there are different levels for collecting and for sure there are more purist collectors that would pay more for this features.
[quote]
On 2012-10-30 19:27, cyberdave03 wrote:
Now if I could only figure out which one will be the future 'Ultra tube', and buy a hundred of them...
[/quote]

I think that you can see there is recent tricks that are allready discontinued, so I think it is often those who become rare because the production was stopped very quickly.
For example 2009 Animation Frame, and Magical Door are allready discontinued so maybe these 2 will gain rarity in the next years.
Mobile illusion, Magician's Matchbox, Confined cubes, can become very sought after in few years too.
Things rise in value and become desirable when two or three guys want the same thing and start bidding wars on eBay. Then anyone who has one thinks he is sitting on gold bars. Prices are driven by demand.
Ordered mine from SEO magic and they should be with me by wednesday (cant wait)
Wish there was a way we could order the specials using the clip off coupons and get them in the UK? or is it possible to do that as I don't speak or read Japanese
[quote]I think that you can see there is recent tricks that are allready discontinued, so I think it is often those who become rare because the production was stopped very quickly.[/quote]

Rarity of the trick certainly contributes to a Tenyo superstar auction best seller: no one is going to pay $100 for a trick that's in abundance at many stores for a third of that. But there's more to it than that. Unfortunately for those looking to invest, that "more to it" is very hard to define. It's not just the quality, either. Take 'Grand Derby Prediction' and 'The Haunting'; both are discontinued, both are hard to find, but the first gets high marks, while the second gets low marks as a trick. Yet, when they both show up in a certain auction, the first typically will go for $25, while the second will go for around 4 times that. Go figure.

[quote]Prices are driven by demand.[/quote]

Yes, but what drives the demand? As the example above proves, it's virtually impossible to divine.
Often demand is driven by seeing someone perform a certain effect, or people talking about it--just like this--on the internet. This shows up in Google searches.
Cyberdave03, Grand Derby Prediction is still available in Japan (well it was a few months ago anyway). The cards are thinner and the color has changed from blue to green compared to the original version.
The original cards was the same as the one on Shot in the Dark by Hiroshi Kondo. Perfect quality ! New one are just regular cards. The difference is hudge.
My tricks arrived today. Expect a review this weekend on my website.
[quote] Grand Derby Prediction is still available in Japan[/quote]

Odd. Tenyo's official site lists it as discontinued (http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/alllist/index.html). In any case, it's still hard to find for the average buyer (not currently available on eBay, penguinmagic, Maxello's, etc).
I don't know if these new videos are the Official from Tenyo :

http://youtu.be/k1EoTHpy4_k
http://youtu.be/U0nbUB1ew4A
http://youtu.be/Zatm_7uku3Y

If it's official Tenyo videos, so I don't like the Card Surgery video.
I have add T-254 Magic Memo Pad on blog and writte my review about it :

http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/2012/11/tenyo-t-254-magic-memo-pad.html
I hope you understand something, with my bad English lol
Well, I can say that your French review is perfect! :)
I just received all 4 of my 2013 Tenyo effects yesterday from SEO. All I have done so far is open 3 of the 4 and just look at what you get and sort of skimmed the directions. Have not opened God Hand as I was saving that for last. 2 of the 3 I was close on the methodology (Clear Surprise and Miracle Coin). Memo Pad I had no clue and the contraption I saw in the box (again I have done nothing but look at what was in the box and skim the directions)looks intricate and I still have no clue. I guess I am going to have to take it all out and set it all up to understand the workings. But I love that someone can come up with these wonderful solutions to pull off these minor miracles... that is Tenyo. Can't wait to see what Lubor and God Hand has to offer as again I have kind of an idea of how its done but not quite sure. Will open tonight. I won't thoroughly play with all 4 util this weekend when I can really sit down and devote the time. Cant wait.

Charlie
[quote]
On 2012-11-06 12:26, simcoscor wrote:
Well, I can say that your French review is perfect! :)
[/quote]

Thank you !
I just received a small box from Hitomi. Customs declaration: Toys for children... ;)
This has probably been posted already, but here's a good video of the Lubor Fiedler trick. It's slightly different (better) than the instructions, which suggest using a handkerchief. Great illusion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=82GZhixSswI

Robert
My package from Hitomi is stuck in customs, the first time it happens and it happens with Tenyo 2013 :(
I hope to have it before the end of the week...
[quote]
On 2012-11-06 14:10, stereo wrote:
My package from Hitomi is stuck in customs, the first time it happens and it happens with Tenyo 2013 :(
I hope to have it before the end of the week...
[/quote]
How did you managed to write your memo pad review?
A french shop send to me his sample for free. This shop have decided not to sell Memo Pad having had problems to understand how to build the trick.
I told them that Memo Pad is one of the most wanted in new collection, and that it was too bad they only sell 3 of the 4 2013 Tenyo. So this Shop ( Magix Unlimited) ship me their sample for free so that I can make my own opinion.
Owner of this store is Tenyo fan and in the past supported other Tenyo French websites. He had never seen my blog, so he was glad to find out and ready to help me in future if I need.
Official Memo pad video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VZK_s12GS4
Hitomi instructions are just fine. I already went thru the Miracle coin thing. She even provides some warnings: “Do not put your face above or near the coaster when you do this”.
She also provides some tips: 1) (...) 2) DO NOT PUT YOUR FACE NEAR THE COASTER.

I’m very pleased with my purchase so far. But I always should [url=http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/BlackEye.jpg]read the instructions first[/url]...
Effects have just arrived got a day to play with them soon, read the instructions all seems very easy and not a bad one this year (even the money ones)
Really impressed with SEO magic on price and shipping time (plus nothing to pay on customs) I usually get them from Hitomi glad with the previous post that I didn't (Customs, Delays) but I will support her store as she does give excelent service
People who own the new 2013 range what are your favs in order
Mine has to be

1: God Hand
2: Miracle Thru Coin
3: Credit Surprise
4: Memo Pad

Any difference ?
I got them, Never had to pay customs, hope this never happen !

My favs are :

1: Memo Pad
2: God Hand
3: Miracle Coin Thru
4: Clear Surprise
For me the best 2013 suprise and the best trick is Memo Pad. Is the one I think is the most interesting, you can use in many way and many occasion.

I relly like the general design of God Hand with the clear cups, black round etc , but finally it's not something I will like to perform. I think it is not very fluid when you perform, something bothers me...

Miracle Coin Thru is nice props, weel made, nice design, but I don't know if it's because my eyes "know" but I always see the square in the middle of the props, and always see the gimmick when the coin pop up.

Clear Suprise is nice trick, good Quality, I think laymen will like the effect, but not really innovative.

For me the Winner is Memo Pad.
Davy,
Wanted to say I LOVE the new design of your blog. Listing all the effects year by year. Brilliant!
Newman
Think it may be nice to combine memo pad with note pad surprise by Sean Bougonia. Just a thought!
I think I might just go for 2 this year. Memo pad and God Hand. They look the most interesting.
Miracle Coin Thru is just perfect, Perfect design, quality, work fine etc
It's like ultimate shoking pen, a weel know trick but made by Tenyo, improved and designed for magicians. It's ultimate coin Coaster.
[quote]
On 2012-11-09 13:40, stereo wrote:
It's like ultimate shoking pen, a weel know trick but made by Tenyo, improved and designed for magicians. It's ultimate coin Coaster.
[/quote] Ok then Stereo. I'll get that one too!! Thanks for the tip!
[quote]
On 2012-11-07 10:42, stereo wrote:
Miracle Coin Thru is nice props, weel made, nice design, but I don't know if it's because my eyes "know" but I always see the square in the middle of the props, and always see the gimmick when the coin pop up.
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2012-11-09 13:40, stereo wrote:
[/quote]
Miracle Coin Thru is a great concept IMO, theoretically speaking. Unfortunately, the trap is visible. For that reason, the prop isn't examinable, and the trick isn't practical. I suspect a problem during the production process, and a lack of Quality Control. (Merlin's coffer was a lot better, as the trap was invisible...). This is my only disappointment in the 2013 line-up so far.
I think it's because your eye know, because first I think the same but after looking again and show to friend, it appear that we don't see the same thing.
But I agree that with some light and angle I see the square. Yesterday I have take again the props and see anything, even close to my eyes and the light was different from the first time. For me it's examinable, but I think we have to make real test with people that don't know the secret, diffenrent lighting etc... because when you eye know it's difficult to forget that you know.

If in the end it turns out that there is a production problem I think we need to tell to Tenyo.

What do others who bought Miracle Coin Thru think about this ?
Now I have add on blog all tricks :

T-255 Card Surgery :
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/2012/11/tenyo-t-255-card-surgery.html

T-254 Magic Memo Pad :
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/2012/11/tenyo-t-254-magic-memo-pad.html

T-253 Miracle Coin Thru :
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/2012/11/tenyo-t-253-tenyo-miracle-coin-thru.html

T-252 Clear Surprise :
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/2012/11/tenyo-t-252-clear-surprise.html
WOW! Memo Pad is a stunner! I just made 12 coins disappear consecutively!

3 ended up under the refrigirator, 4 under the oven and 4 more that I didn't find yet. I got a well deserved round of applause (...when I finally retreived the ones under the oven...).
One coin did disapeared the way I intend to, which created a true miracle (to me).

OK, lets be honest. The hard part of the gimmick is fine, but the soft one is a piece of junk. I supposed that a few stitches would have cost too much to Tenyo, in the Japanese present economical context...

Tenyo should launch a new branch in the fishing industry. That would be great news for the aquatic wildlife...
Really usefull reviews stereo........and great photos especially on the Card Surgery trick.....

I still don't receive my tricks but from your descriptions I agree that Miracle Coin Thru is a cool mini mechanical piece....

....also...nice effect on the second clear surprise photo....
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/p1020336002.jpg/][img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9885/p1020336002.jpg[/img][/url]

lol
Card surgery is really not easy to perform smoothly ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8H3Vc5PK5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0UJRdZOmxE

And I was wrong in my answer simcoscor, the answer is not exactly what I really wanted to say, so ignore my reply. Sorry for that. I think I really have stopped trying to be funny in English... :(
My reviews are on my website http://www.tenyo.be .

A pretty good year, but still, the 80's and/or early 90's have not come back ... .
[quote]
On 2012-11-10 10:33, stereo wrote:

And I was wrong in my answer simcoscor, the answer is not exactly what I really wanted to say, so ignore my reply. Sorry for that. I think I really have stopped trying to be funny in English... :(
[/quote]

That second video is hard to watch. I think he should have practiced it a few more times before filming.
Hitomi send to you a nice blue blox... you are lucky guy ....

For memo pad it's not examinable, but it's important to begin the routine with the pad on the table, because spectator understand (without think about it) that all is normal and flat. So if it's flat, nothing is hide behind. it's important part of the routine ans it's why the gimmick can move in that ways and is not simply fixed.

Last trick from Inaba is Shriking pen, so maybe Magic Memo Pad took three years of development, which would explain why Mr Inaba not out of tricks in the meantime.

For Miracle Coin Thru we have to investigate and try to really know if it's examibale and if you see the trap or not when your don't know the secret. However I like the build quality, is very nice design ( want to buy 3 others to use it as real not magic coaster in my house), I found it very very nice design. Like the round felt on back too. The quality is not that bad.

Clear suprise is good trick, but absolutly no innovation, and it's only for that is the last on my list. But for sure it's good trick and will fool people.
Yesterday I purchased "Card Surgery" on Ebay. I looked for the best price! I didn't notice until this morning while reviewing the purchase that it says that the instructions are only in Japanese. I really don't know what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Rick
Ask to cancel your purchase to the seller, just explain that you do not understand the Japanese. If seller is good person he will refund you without probleme.
Thanks for responding to my problem! The first thing I thought of was cancelling the order but its marked as "Shipped". It could take a week or two before it even shows up. I would certainly be willing to pay $10(thru Palpal) if someone would be willing to fax me a copy in English.

Rick
The only person I know wich have make the hard work (it's really a hard work) to translate the instruction is Hitomi (Magico Japan on ebay) so I think if you ask her you can find a solution. Send her a message on ebay.
Hi Stereo, I sent a message to Magico Japan on Ebay and asked if they would be willing to sell me a copy of their instructions in English. It appears from reading their add that they already have the instructions made up in english! I'll wait and see if they are willing. Thanks again for your help.

Rick
I have a Miracle Coin Thru and the trap is definitely NOT visible. I've done it for a few people and they're blown away. Even I can't see the trap on mine.

Are you sure you're closing it properly after you load the coin inside? There's no reason for it to be visible unless the coin is not pressed all the way down firmly into the well until the gimmick pops.
[quote]
On 2012-11-10 14:18, Killertweety wrote:
My reviews are on my website http://www.tenyo.be .

A pretty good year, but still, the 80's and/or early 90's have not come back ... .
[/quote]
Great reviews killer.....I still don´t have the items (just ordered last wednesday) but from what I have read my favourite is Clear Surprise......simple but ingenious and uncommon.....also easy to carry....we have the spoiler of the decription so we know that something will appear in the bag.....but for an spectator is a surprise!!....

Could change my mind after receiving the items...
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 21:29, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I have a Miracle Coin Thru and the trap is definitely NOT visible. I've done it for a few people and they're blown away. Even I can't see the trap on mine.

Are you sure you're closing it properly after you load the coin inside? There's no reason for it to be visible unless the coin is not pressed all the way down firmly into the well until the gimmick pops.
[/quote]

The trap is never visible when you look at close, but Put you coaster on a table, real day light, and go back far from the table, turn around and you will see a big square Not only the trap but all the 4 sides of the mechanism.
Try in your Richard and tell us if you see it too.
If there really is a problem of some production units is not good. And it annoys me having to return the trick to Hitomi for an exchange because I do not know if it will be reimbursed by Tenyo.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/trap2v.jpg/][img]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7033/trap2v.jpg[/img][/url]
That's exactly what I discribed Stereo. Thank you for this very usefull picture. My t*** isn't as 'noticeable' as in your picture but I haven't tried it in the lightning condition you had when taking your photo.
I have to take 5 photos to have one where it's visible like this. It's really question of light and angle. But it's not acceptable. and when you come closer the trap shadow disappears.
[quote]
On 2012-11-10 10:33, stereo wrote:

[/quote]

It *is* a little knacky to perform, but the main problem is noise. Seems like they could have made the gimmick a little quieter somehow.

I tried using a PK ring and it's even louder. Then I tried using a "No Talk PK Ring". I thought this might be the answer.

It's totally quiet, but one problem... the No Talk PK Ring isn't strong enough to pick up "everything". So, back to the drawing board.

I'm going to try putting some felt on my Tenyo gimmick. I think that might quiet it down. But, if anyone has any ideas, can you please post them?

Robert
Maybe Raven trick ?

In fact it's do not make noise if you put your hand directly on the card, so the card don't have to "jump" BUT ideally we want that the movment are smooth so do not want to "push" on the card.
You have the choice, No noise but suspicious, or noise but more smooth ... lol
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 08:58, stereo wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 21:29, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I have a Miracle Coin Thru and the trap is definitely NOT visible.
[/quote]

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/trap2v.jpg/][img]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7033/trap2v.jpg[/img][/url]
[/quote]

LOL!!!
If you have to take five (!) photographs to get one that shows the trap, then I'd say the trap, even in yours, is pretty hard to see.

I have never done the trick in daylight. Unless you're doing walk-around at a picnic, what reason would you have to perform the trick solely in daylight?
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 19:52, Richard Kaufman wrote:
If you have to take five (!) photographs to get one that shows the trap, then I'd say the trap, even in yours, is pretty hard to see.
[/quote]

If you take 25 pictures and the trap is visible on only one, then I'd say that it is a failure and the prop isn't examinable at all.
[quote]
I have never done the trick in daylight. Unless you're doing walk-around at a picnic, what reason would you have to perform the trick solely in daylight?
[/quote]

The only condition in which the trap is totally invisible is at candlelight. What reason would you have to perform the trick solely in candlelight?

If you received yours directly from the Tenyo team, maybe it's from another (non defective) batch.
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 20:14, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

The only condition in which the trap is totally invisible is at candlelight. What reason would you have to perform the trick solely in candlelight?

If you received yours directly from the Tenyo team, maybe it's from another (non defective) batch.
[/quote]

Sorry. My mistake. The trap is also clearly visible at candlelight (maybe even more!).
What reason would you have to perform the trick solely in a completely dark room? A picnic for blinds maybe? :coolest:
Well, I don't have this so I don't know.

I'm just glad that Richard Kaufman is posting here on the TMC about the new Tenyo products. I know he's a serious collector.

Richard is one of the few truly honest guys in magic.

Robert
Yep. Got that right Robert. Richard is da bomb.
I say, sit back, listen and learn.
When you'll get it Robert, please share with us what you think. I wish you will receive a non defective unit.
The question isn't if the trap is visible or not on my unit: IT IS visible, from most angles, and in any lighting condition. The question now rather is how many of us will receive a "defective" unit showing obviously its "secret" ...

BTW my comments are about the Tenyo trick that I received. Not about individuals.
I'm also glad that Mr. Kaufman is posting here, and I do know that he is well respected in our community.
Simon
One picture. Candlelight (1 candle). No touch up. Not a good camera. Anybody please let me know if yours is invisible, I will be glad to order a new one.

[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/IMG_9964.jpg[/img]
Wow....this is bad news....will let you know as soon as I receive mine....
[quote]
[/quote]

Well and if you have 5 spectators, even if only one see the trap, he will not hesitate to say very quickly to other ...

Sorry Richard, bit I live in the day, and sleep on night ... Every time in my life is in daylight. Now I'm in daylight when I reply to you post (i have a windows in my room, not you ?), the photo of coaster is in daylight.
I have no reason to "solely" (lol) perform in day light, I just want to perform "solely" all the time day or night, when I want.

Honestly ...
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 20:38, Robert M wrote:
Well, I don't have this so I don't know.

I'm just glad that Richard Kaufman is posting here on the TMC about the new Tenyo products. I know he's a serious collector.

Richard is one of the few truly honest guys in magic.

Robert
[/quote]

Yes I 'm glad too. very good news to have a person like Richard here on the forum. This is a person I always take the time to read when I see an post from him.
But Now with time I must admit that Richard often said a lot of crap (sorry in advance if the word is not correct, this is the google translate), with great aplomb and often thump "definitive truths" that are actually not so true. I sometimes feel that he live in another world (and it's truth and not bad thing at all), and as everyone tells him he is genial whatever he does or says, he eventually acts as a real believe. This is a serious error recess. But this is only my opinion, in all friendship. And everyone know, the French like me are jerks lol
Hi everyone, I am Choi Sin To,from Hong Kong.This is my very first post on this forum.

To be honest,once I recived my Miracle Coin Thur week ago,i really found it just perfect. However, after reading yours comments and detail check with mine one. I am very sorry to tell the truth that the trap is really VISIBLE no matter what lighting situation. Once you left it on table and stand about 3 to 5 steps away, the trap will appear completely.

I seek myself as a serious tenyo collector, I am not going to raise any argue here,but I really agree what Simcoscor said that the main point is if we are now having a defective unit and any follow up will be made or we can make. And anyone has contact Hitomi about this.(Btw, I also obtain these from Hitomi even I can obtain the tenyo 2013 at about US70 right at Hong Kong.)

Hope you guys understand my poor English.
Welcome to the forum Choi, and your English is very clear.

I do wonder if this is a 'defective batch' or all of the tricks are like this. If someone has one where the trap isn't visible they can perhaps take a picture?
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 12:31, Killertweety wrote:
If someone has one where the trap isn't visible they can perhaps take a picture?
[/quote]
You can ask Stereo: he already has 4 pictures like this... LOL!

Welcome aboard Choi :)
Stereo, Google Translator is a really poor application. I use it only on rare occasions in a pinch. Otherwise it makes hash of what you're trying to say.

The copy of Miracle Coin Thru I was given was still factory sealed: no one from Tenyo had opened it up to make sure I was getting a "good" one. The invisibility of the trap might vary from piece to piece if several of you can see it. I would only ask: are you certain that your trap is fully shut--with the coin pressed down until the bottom pops, and then the flap pushed down firmly over it? The trap should sit completely flush if used properly and would only be visible if it's slightly elevated. Otherwise I don't know why it would be visible.

Tenyo does note in its instructions that there is a small dot on the exterior border, and that you should point the dot toward the spectator when performing to keep the trap invisible.
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 13:41, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Tenyo does note in its instructions that there is a small dot on the exterior border, and that you should point the dot toward the spectator when performing to keep the trap invisible.
[/quote]

OH! Now I understand! That was a missing piece of information to me! I don't remember having read this on Hitomi's instructions. I will check tonight, for sure. That also confirms that the coaster isn't intended to be fully examinable by the spectators...
Thank you Mr. Kaufman for this important and valuable piece of information!
Simon
Yes I know about the dot, it's for that I put the dot forward on my pictures for the blog. ( and the dot it's for the spectator do not see when the trap open when the coin pop-up if I have well understand)
Do you have try Richard what we say ? get a little back and turn around ?
For the coin, at the end of the routine, the coin is not on the props so coin or not it change nothing. The trap have to be invisible in both case and specially when the coin is no longer in because it's at this moment the coaster is in full view and maybe examinated. ( At the beginning there is the glass on it, after the glass is upside down on it, so the coaster is a little hidden ).
Do you understand what I mean ? in fact the most important moment is when the coin is not inside.

Ps : I have sent a message to Tenyo via the official Website. Wait a reply now.
I decided to order the 2013 line this year from my local brick and mortar shop to support him, bad news it will be a couple more weeks before I receive them... The good news is that you guys should have all the bugs worked out before I get them!

Cheers,

John
LOL John!

About our coaster "mystery", another bad news is that the dot thing isn't the solution. In brief, the trap is visible to the spectator even if the dot is towards him. Checked.

Good news is that if the problem is widespread, this item will be discontinued very soon, and mine will worth a couple of hundreds$$ in a few years on Ebay.
:banana:
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 19:55, simcoscor wrote:
Good news is that if the problem is widespread, this item will be discontinued very soon, and mine will worth a couple of hundreds$$ in a few years on Ebay.
[/quote]

simcoscor...truer words have never been spoken.
[quote]
LOL John!

About our coaster "mystery", another bad news is that the dot thing isn't the solution. In brief, the trap is visible to the spectator even if the dot is towards him. Checked.

[/quote]

I immediatly think about this too. Discontinued directly !
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 09:02, stereo wrote:
[quote]
LOL John!

[/quote]

I immediatly think about this too. Discontinued directly !
[/quote]

You certainly have thought about this Loooong before me...

[quote]
On 2012-11-10 15:42, stereo wrote:
...want to buy 3 others to use it as real not magic coaster in my house...
[/quote]
I'm not necessarily knocked out by any of the Tenyo line this year.

Miracle Thru Coin is the most "old fashioned Tenyo" of the tricks - a clever, mechanical and portable device. I don't think the visibility of the gimmick is a manufacturing flaw at all. The way the coin behaves is going to fool most people. It's as clean as that gimmick is going to get. The real issue with the trick is that its nothing new and exciting for Tenyo. still I think people will develop some good routines around this one.

Card Surgery is interesting to play with and looks cool but having a cut up card ready and sitting in a tray is sort of a silly thing to me. If you can get past the set up and the angles then I suppose its the most magical of all of the tricks. I love and own many Lubor F tricks so I'm mildly disappointed that this isn't a more self-contained, Tenyo-like item. It's more like some of his non-Tenyo items.

Memo Pad is pretty interesting and the gimmick is very clever. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see anyone being fooled by what is happening to the coins. They won't figure out the design of the gimmick but once they hear the sound of the second the third coin they'll have a sense for what is going on.

Clear Surprise is kind of dumb in my opinion. The trick itself falls flat and there are too many props involved for just the simple effect of making a bill appear. The trick and the props remind me of something you'd buy for $10 at the magic shop.
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 22:41, Mark F wrote:

Miracle Thru Coin is the most "old fashioned Tenyo" of the tricks - a clever, mechanical and portable device. I don't think the visibility of the gimmick is a manufacturing flaw at all. The way the coin behaves is going to fool most people. It's as clean as that gimmick is going to get. The real issue with the trick is that its nothing new and exciting for Tenyo. still I think people will develop some good routines around this one.

Card Surgery is interesting to play with and looks cool but having a cut up card ready and sitting in a tray is sort of a silly thing to me. If you can get past the set up and the angles then I suppose its the most magical of all of the tricks. I love and own many Lubor F tricks so I'm mildly disappointed that this isn't a more self-contained, Tenyo-like item. It's more like some of his non-Tenyo items.

Memo Pad is pretty interesting and the gimmick is very clever. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see anyone being fooled by what is happening to the coins. They won't figure out the design of the gimmick but once they hear the sound of the second the third coin they'll have a sense for what is going on.

Clear Surprise is kind of dumb in my opinion. The trick itself falls flat and there are too many props involved for just the simple effect of making a bill appear. The trick and the props remind me of something you'd buy for $10 at the magic shop.
[/quote]

I think Godhand is a video trick but won't hold up in the real world.

Memo Pad is the best one in my opinion. I think using only 2 coins is the way forward. Has anyone got any hints to make it work 100% everytime? Don't let me put you off buying it. I think I'm doing something obvious wrong.
Maybe it's possible to find a good routine to make dessapear something other than coins as wood matches, trombone, small balls.
Thread has been pretty quiet for a while. Just wanted to tell you, Stereo, how much I've been valuing not only your reviews, but also your sense of humor! Très bien - Merci!
Thank you, it is very nice :)
[quote]
On 2012-09-06 12:28, jpmagic0820 wrote:
You are welcome Stereo. Yes I have Japanese magic blog " Hey presto!".
I love your Tenyo Fan blog. It's really GREAT!!

The 54th Tenyo Magic Festival will be held on September 23.
And new products will be sold as a pre release in the festival.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate it though..:(
[/quote]

Hello JPMagic,

I really need your help but impossible for me to find a way to send you an email. If you see this message can you send me an email to tenyomagicblog@gmail.com

Thank you very much.
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Nov 19, 2012 08:36AM)
[quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Mark F for you're to the point reviews on these effects. I had been shuffling through pages before finding yours.
I have made Home made special Bicycle card for Clear Surprise wich is examinable ( but this part it's not really important because clear bag is not), but wich can be showed both side at the end of the routine. It's very easy to do, there is many way to do with all the drawings at the back of Bicycle cards and you can find lot of way to do it so that everything is invisible even to very close or even when you touch it. I don't understand why Tenyo have left the big white part of the card visible.

It is also possible to produce 2 differents bank note one after the other, first 10euros, You exit the bill to the transparent envelope to show it both side and Then really put it back inside, and then make appear à second 100euros bank note which appears on the inside next to the first and now the first is really on the transparent bag.
But It is also possible to make change one from another one. You first procude 10euros bill, You exit the bill to the transparent envelope to show it, and Then put it back inside. After a Magical gesture, the 10euros bill becomes 100euros bill etc ...
[quote]
On 2012-11-19 09:36, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Mark F for you're to the point reviews on these effects. I had been shuffling through pages before finding yours.
[/quote]

Welcome.

I've spent some more time with Card Surgery and I think its the best trick of the bunch. The fact that the set up needs to be done in advance presents a problem for someone who wants to perform it in public but that's really the only awkward thing about it.

The noise issue seems to be easy to address...I've been practicing with just putting my hands directly on the card. If you do that at the right speed there is no noise. My thinking is that if its called "card surgery" then laying hand on the card seems less suspicious than hovering your hand over the card.

It's a very cool looking trick and honestly any slight of hand work is extremely easy even for someone like me.

Anyway, while I'm still not wild about the Tenyo line this year Card Surgery has grown on me with some playing around.
Wasn't this heard on many Star Trek? "Dam it Jim, I am A doctor not a card surgeon"...ok maybe not...carry on...:)
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Nov 21, 2012 08:41AM)
[quote]
On 2012-11-19 20:01, Mark F wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-19 09:36, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Welcome.

I've spent some more time with Card Surgery and I think its the best trick of the bunch. The fact that the set up needs to be done in advance presents a problem for someone who wants to perform it in public but that's really the only awkward thing about it.

The noise issue seems to be easy to address...I've been practicing with just putting my hands directly on the card. If you do that at the right speed there is no noise. My thinking is that if its called "card surgery" then laying hand on the card seems less suspicious than hovering your hand over the card.

It's a very cool looking trick and honestly any slight of hand work is extremely easy even for someone like me.

Anyway, while I'm still not wild about the Tenyo line this year Card Surgery has grown on me with some playing around.
[/quote]

I agree Mark, although my curiosity with "Memo Pad" is still pretty high. I feel like "Card Surgery" is just out right the strongest trick of the 2013 line thus far. Its right up there with Crystal Clever IMO. The guys reviewed it on WPR and gave it a pretty solid rating. Thanks for the helpful insight Mark. Definitely gonna be adding this one to my collection of Tenyo's for sure. High five and chest bumps!
Review: Card Surgery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9nvkg3PuJQ&
Nice video of Memo Pad :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5k5JmgapMw

You wanna see the Trap of Miracle Coin Thru Richard ??? Look at this great video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfYmyrJ4Zxs
Yep, that's Miracle Coin and it's invisible trap allright! ;)
Finally someone have a coaster where the trap is really invisible ?
Or is that the problem is on all copies.

I got a reply from Kenichi Komiya himself via the Official Tenyo website. They ask me to ship the Coaster to us in Japan to examine the props and if they find it a problem they ship me a new copy verified by Tenyo. The problem is that it will cost me almost more expensive in postage than buying a new one... I do not know what I'll do.
Have you shown Mr. Komiya the picture you took Davy? You can ask him if this is normal and if he can compare it with other versions he has. If he sais it isn't normal and the trap has to be COMPLETELY invisible I would take the chance and send it. In doubt I wouldn't send it, chances are you'll receive a copy that's the same or in best case slightly better.
Let us know, because I believe if we all have 'bad' copies a lot of people will want to have a replacement. Thanks for your effort in advance!
Wow......I hope this is a problem that will be corrected in the next batch and all of us are going to be the happy owners of a highly collectable piece of a defective batch.....
My trap is invisible, and I can NOT be the only one.
Is it possible that when the coaster is brand new, the trap is completely invisible... Then, after using it 10, 20, 30 times, the continuous hard shocks of the coin against the trap create a slight misalignment, that makes the trap visible? Remember that the shocks are very hard (harder than with Merlin's coffer), and the delicate plastic hinge is certainly quite fragile... Even a "nano misalignment" can suddenly make the trap clearly visible... I don't know, just an hypothesis...
With all due respect Richard, if all (!) of us find the trap visible chances are you are indeed the only one (or one of the few) with a perfect gimmick because perhaps you got a pre-release copy or something ... . By the way, and I think some have already aksed, can you perhaps take a picture of your trick so we/Tenyo can compare? It would make things easier for us if we can notify Tenyo or our shops and tell them "this is how it is supposed to look and this is how mine looks so I got a defective one".

Lol @ Magic Patagonia :)

Simon, my trap was even visible when I took it out of the package ... . I have to admit my trap isn't as noticeable as in the video Davy posted a few posts above this one ... the trap in de video is absolutely horrible.
Yes I show to Mr. Komiya the picture, but the only reply was "ship me your coaster and we look at to see if all it's ok ...."
Maybe they have received many and many mail about this problem so it's automatic reply and that is why he did not mention the photo.
I find it hard to believe that Richard is the only one to have a perfect copy, good for him ... it would be able to admit he was wrong ? I doubt lol I think a photo is not the solution because it's easy to find the good angle when the trap is invisible.
I have ask to Japanese friends and they all have the same problem. The guy on the video too, on the martinkamagic video too etc.. Now wait to see if the persons who buy at Penguin Magic will have trouble too.
As I already said the trap is more or less visible depending on the lighting and angle of view.
I've done it a few dozen times and the edges of my trap are still not visible. Quality control is certainly an issue in the production of any item and it's possible they have a problem that has no easy resolution.
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 09:33, Robert M wrote:

* It *is* a little knacky to perform, but the main problem is noise. Seems like they could have made the gimmick a little quieter somehow.

* I tried using a PK ring and it's even louder. Then I tried using a [b]"No Talk PK Ring"[/b]. I thought this might be the answer.

* It's totally quiet, but one problem... the No Talk PK Ring isn't strong enough to pick up "everything". So, back to the drawing board.

* I'm going to try putting some felt on my Tenyo gimmick. I think that might quiet it down. [b]But, if anyone has any ideas, can you please post them?[/b]
[/quote]

You might like to give [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=19036&forum=37&post=7758923][b]THIS[/b][/url] a try.

Enjoy! :)

:xmas:
[quote]
On 2012-11-21 17:14, stereo wrote:
Yes I show to Mr. Komiya the picture, but the only reply was "ship me your coaster and we look at to see if all it's ok ...."
Maybe they have received many and many mail about this problem so it's automatic reply and that is why he did not mention the photo.
I find it hard to believe that Richard is the only one to have a perfect copy, good for him ... it would be able to admit he was wrong ? I doubt lol I think a photo is not the solution because it's easy to find the good angle when the trap is invisible.
I have ask to Japanese friends and they all have the same problem. The guy on the video too, on the martinkamagic video too etc..

[i]"Now wait to see if the persons who buy at Penguin Magic will have trouble too."[/i]
As I already said the trap is more or less visible depending on the lighting and angle of view.
[/quote]

I'm not going to fall for that TRAP. :lol:

[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Angry-Penguin-02.jpg[/img]
[quote]
On 2012-11-21 23:32, Ustaad wrote:

You might like to give [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=19036&forum=37&post=7758923][b]THIS[/b][/url] a try.

Enjoy! :)

[/quote]

That you very much Ustaad! Is this the product you are refering too: http://plastidip.nl/ ? Is there a difference in the cans/kinds of plati-dip and if so what kind do you recommend? Thank you.
[quote]
On 2012-11-22 03:25, Killertweety wrote:

That you very much Ustaad! Is this the product you are refering too: http://plastidip.nl/ ? Is there a difference in the cans/kinds of plati-dip and if so what kind do you recommend? Thank you.
[/quote]

Killertweety,

The site you refer to shows Plasti-Dip spray cans. Since it is in the form of a spray, each application (spraying) will give a light coat of rubber covering. However, with multiple applications of Drying & Spraying one can get a thicker coat but at the cost of time and wastage of the compound.

For our purpose (for coating of heavier objects) we need a thicker coat of rubber and hence I recommend (as well as I personally use) a Dip Can with color kit. It is also available in Europe and at the site you referred to: - http://plastidip.nl/plastidip-bestellen/363/plasti-dip-create-your-color-kit

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Narendra

P.S. Plasti-Dip spray (or a very similar rubber spray compound) was one of the main ingredients of an highly hyped effect using cards. However the effect was very well received and appreciated by the magic community. It was a nice & new innovation in card magic.
That helps for sure! Thank you very much for the effort :applause:
To overcome the small issues I had with Card Surgery, I add to the gimmick: 1 tiny strong m, and 1 band aid. It works great now...
[quote]
On 2012-11-21 16:43, Richard Kaufman wrote:
My trap is invisible, and I can NOT be the only one.
[/quote]

I heard there is a second person who can't see the trap.

[img]http://hulshofschmidt.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/stevie-wonder.jpg[/img]

;–)
There is a trap?

[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Blind-Penguin.gif[/img] :hysteric:
Thanks for that info Simon. I was thinking about that too actually but I couldn't find my litle tiny flat magnet anymore (put it on the fridge as Roberto once said is a good solution in the future ;) ). Now that I know it works I'll probably first try that solution - as a plus perhaps you can even show the palm of your hands casually without anyone noticing anything.

John, big lol :)
[quote]
On 2012-11-23 10:10, Killertweety wrote:
... as a plus perhaps you can even show the palm of your hands casually without anyone noticing anything.
[/quote]
...not much visible than a trap ;)

BTW I use a much stronger double s*** t***, and also use my middle finger instead of my palm...

Simon
Two news great video from Japan about Tenyo Card Surgery (God Hand) :

First using a special Ring :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BA0XAXczsM

The second one is very good because performer show his hand Empty and make a great final, I don't know how he do this (Cormatches style lol) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092lbZgWNbw
The second video is edited to produce the effect so both sides of the hand can be seen empty.
[quote]
On 2012-11-24 16:39, stereo wrote:
Two news great video from Japan about Tenyo Card Surgery (God Hand) :

First using a special Ring :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BA0XAXczsM
[/quote]

Yes! The "Amazing Talking Ring" effect!
[quote]
On 2012-11-24 16:46, Richard Kaufman wrote:
The second video is edited to produce the effect so both sides of the hand can be seen empty.
[/quote]

I think a Raven could be used to show both sides of the hand as empty. However, this video looks to be edited to accomplish this.
I think there is a second person wich help in the second part to put the "gimmick" and removed when the hand is outside the field of camera + camera editing.
The first part is done with Raven gimmick (you can hear the gimmick )
I like the idea of using the back of the hand rather than the palm.
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Nov 25, 2012 10:10AM)
Ordered my copy of Card Surgery off eBay last night. All the way from Japan. Only $27 + S/H not bad at all. Excited to say the least.
'Black Widow' will do the job perfectly but at a cost. It would be better if the effect was left 'As is'.

Nice review of "Clear Surprise" on today's WPR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeHuULYVKK4&feature=g-all
Re "Card Surgery," if you follow the instructions closely then noise is not an issue. You might experiment with the position of the gimmick in your left hand--placing it on the base of your thumb allows it to dip lower--and closer--to the cards than if you place it on the base of the first finger as shown in the instructions. I really don't like the fact that my left hand is so "dirty" at the end, but otherwise brilliant.

Re "Miracle Coin Thru," again, if you follow the instructions closely the entire expanse of the coaster is visible only for a few seconds. You begin with the glass mouth upward on the coaster with the coins inside it. You take the glass off, dump the coins out of it (onto your hand), and then turn the glass mouth down and put it back on the coaster. No one is going to be staring intently at the coaster while you dump the coins out of the glass. And the glass is over the coaster, either mouth upward or downward, for the rest of the effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS7hp8M2kIQ&feature=plcp

The Wizard Product Review guys gave Miracle CT a score of 6 and 15 % ... that's too harsh in my opinion. However, anyone noticed the 'hidden' trap in the video before he put the glass on it? :P
But indeed Richard, if you do the trick as the instructions say or like the guys did in the video the visible trap isn't really an issue.
I think most of us were expecting a trick that can be inspected by spectators but we found out it just can't, not before, not after. And that was a major let down, at least for me it was.
Yes I can see it.....02:18
I finally got around to getting the 2013 tricks and here are my initial thoughts.

Clear Surprise - This is my favorite so far. It will go right into my Tenyo performance case.

Card Surgery - I think it will go in the drawer with the likes of Eye of the Idol, Crystal Pyramid, Anti Gravity Rock, etc., great tricks to play with but too big to carry around to perform. Although I might change my mind on this one.

Memo Pad - If I practiced this one in the kitchen, there would be a bunch of quarters under the refrigerator like Simon had experienced, but I was practicing in the living room so they wound up under the couch. I have to practice some more but I don't think this one will not go in my case either. I don't understand why the non-plastic part of the gimmick is so complicated.

Miracle Coin Thru - IMO this one Tenyo totally missed the boat on. This should have been a self contained unit (similar to Dice Explosion) with a clear lid and a locking gimmick. I can't see carrying around a large glass and a coster to do this trick. I do a dime and penny trick where the dime disappears in a tissue paper. The audience always asks, "where did the dime go?" A self contained utility device to make coins appear/reappear would have been more useful then what the trick is now.

Overall - I hope Tenyo is not drifting away from what put them on the map for tricks using more organic items. There are plenty of people producing organic magic tricks. What I really liked about Tenyo is the cool props and mini illusions that they produced in the past.
[quote]
Overall - I hope Tenyo is not drifting away from what put them on the map for tricks using more organic items. There are plenty of people producing organic magic tricks. What I really liked about Tenyo is the cool props and mini illusions that they produced in the past.
[/quote]
agree 100%
[quote]
On 2012-12-07 16:32, John Mazza wrote:

I think it will go in the drawer with the likes of Eye of the Idol, Crystal Pyramid, Anti Gravity Rock, etc.

Overall - What I really liked about Tenyo is the cool props and mini illusions that they produced in the past.
[/quote]

The ones you put in the drawer ? It's schizophrenic ! lol ;o)

What mean "organic" item ? I don't understand.
Stereo,

I am not totally sure what is meant by organic in the context of magic, but the guys on the Wizard Product Review use that term a lot.

I think it means that the props are ordinary items.

The 2013 line would all be considered organic since the props are cards, envelope, clip, paper money, coaster, glass, coin, memo pad, pen, etc.

If you step back to 2007 you will see that all of the tricks released that year (4D Trunk, Koornwinder Kar, Presidents Cabinet, Mystic Blackboard, Credit Surprise) were the opposite of organic.

Look back to 2003 and before and you will see that Tenyo magic released back then were the opposite of organic and these are the ones we love the most.

John
[/quote]

The ones you put in the drawer ? It's schizophrenic ! lol ;o)

[/quote]

I think you mean "crazy" not "schizophrenic."

I put them in the drawer but not the bottom drawer. They are just to big to carry around.
Thank you John, I understand now !
I wanted say schizophrenic for someone who can think of two opposite things at the same time but It was just a joke !!! :)
Simon....great Idea with the band-aid for Card Surgery... and the tiny strong m too.... it works great....Also, with the Magic Memo Pad, instead of drawing a pail, how about (for anyone who owns "instant Radio"), draw a jukebox on the pad, then insert the quarter to start the song, then with the instant radio you have music!
[quote]
On 2012-12-09 08:22, nattefrost wrote:
Simon....great Idea with the band-aid for Card Surgery... and the tiny strong m too.... it works great....Also, with the Magic Memo Pad, instead of drawing a pail, how about (for anyone who owns "instant Radio"), draw a jukebox on the pad, then insert the quarter to start the song, then with the instant radio you have music!
[/quote]

Very very very good !!!!
You Can insert the first coin but nothing happening And the coin desappear without sound. You then insert the second coin and now you can hear the clicking sound as if the coin really fall in the jukebox device and now the music start.
Stereo- excellent idea- (with the first and second coin). I do not own "Instant Radio", but I understand that is very small and is easily hidden and was thinking of buying it (not only for this effect but the device in general)... I wonder if its small enough to stick to the back of the memo pad and activate it from there. Stereo, do you happen to have "Instant Radio"? I believe I can use the "Magic Memo Pad" gimmick for a slightly larger pad, giving a little more room for the "Instant Radio" gimmick, too.
Instant radio is more designed to be worn on the body and would be a too bulky to use as suggested. I would go to a card store store and buy a "recordable" greeting card. Strip the small unit out of the card and mount that on the back of the pad. Could also buy one of the music cards and say it is your favorite song on the jukebox.

John
I just received Miracle Coin! The flap is completely invisible in all directions and works great.

Rick
Mine was invisible too the first days :(

I hope that your remain in good health and good shape very long time ! Takes great care.

RIP Miracle Coin Thru, I will never forget your freshness the day we met, I'll never forget you :lover:
The most natural handling that I have seen for the Card Surgery!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqsPLj4SBdo
Well, yeah: that's Ponta the Smith performing. However, he's got the dish turned the wrong way. The black art lines will be visible to a layman if the dish is turned so the narrow end is toward you. You can't see them on camera.
Hi Richard, Could you explain further about which way to turn the dish in Card Surgery? It appears to me that more of the black lines will be visible if the dish is turned with the long side pointing towards the people watching.

Rick
The largest edge which must be hidden is the one where the cut edge of the corner is located in the center of the long side. If the dish is turned so the narrow ends of the card are to the left and right, then this visible edge of the black metal corner piece under the real card corner is invisible from the audience side. If you have the dish turned 90 degrees to either side, then this small line is visible. Study the drawings in the instructions carefully to understand clearly exactly how the two loose quarters of the card are angled. They must be angled exactly this way for the black art to hide the visible edges.

These edges won't show in a low-res online video, but in real life people can see them quite clearly since the dish is sitting on the table for a few minutes.

I'm not making this up: it was told to me by the guys from Tenyo.
I just tested the trick with my grandmother (85 years old but you don't fool her easily!). Richard is absolutely right, you really have to put the pieces EXACTLY as the manual sais and make sure the petri dish is turned the right way. The manual is very specific about this.

She was baffled by the way, that is to say for the first part. The second piece didn't 'adhere' correctly and the trick was ruined. Practice people, practice!

The sound issue isn't an issue if you talk during the performance by the way.

What a great trick ... and easier to do than I expected, no one is focusing on your .... .
If the second corner and magnetic piece didn't get picked up, it's possible the magnet is not in the optimal place FOR YOU in your hand. Don't be afraid to experiment with putting the magnet in different spots. The base of the thumb is a good place for me, because it's a meaty part on my hand and goes lower with less effort.