(Close Window)
Topic: Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks by Various/BBM
Very excited to see this! Owen and Liam have been working on this for ages. Some of the best self working stuff out there.

http://bigblindmedia.com/product-selfworkers.html

Trailer contains probably my favorite self working effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHwnTOYfLXw&feature=em-uploademail
The Production value for this looks top notch! Can't wait to check it out!
Nice to see that as well as some of the more well known self working effects there are a few on here that I've not seen before such as Impossible by Mike Austin
Liam's Henry Sugar is on there. An absolutely DYNAMITE effect!

I have a self working card to pocket effect that I believe will be offered as a bonus PDF from BBM. Not sure, though.
I literally had to watch it over because I kept looking at the pretty girl.

So I watched and yawned. Then he turned over the aces and I smiled. AND THEN he did the final revelation I thought "GET OUT".

BEAUTIFUL! He lured me down the garden path and turned the garden hose on me!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Congreave (Jun 18, 2012 04:07PM)
Haha, Iain has that knack, I know it's not his trick but he has this style of performing that just catches you doesn't he?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Congreave (Jun 18, 2012 04:13PM)
Btw not really relevant other than its a bbm release, but I got the elmsley count project from them the other day, mainly to see the effects.

It's really excellent, the material is superb, but there is also a couple of counts on there that I've never seen before that are really cool.
[quote]
On 2012-06-18 10:51, Cameron Francis wrote:

Trailer contains probably my favorite self working effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHwnTOYfLXw&feature=em-uploademail
[/quote]

Bazinga! THAT'S a magic trick!
Very cool project! Great routine by Aldo, nice to see his work being featured on a big release like this :)
[quote]
On 2012-06-18 16:39, Cameron Francis wrote:

I have a self working card to pocket effect that I believe will be offered as a bonus PDF from BBM. Not sure, though.
[/quote]

Ordered it today and got Cameron's PDF. So you can be sure now!
Several excellent effects. Should be a good one.
Don't remember "Your Aces Are Marked," as a self-working effect. Need to pull out "Pasteboard Presentations" and double-check that!

But looks like a promising DVD.

RevJohn
Contact colors by Aldo is a killer :)
Demo had me floored, just awesome! Gotta have this :)
WOW WOW WOW another hit from BBM

Jeremy
This is very cool. As a fan of self workers, this is truly an easy way in. I wish I had this years ago and would have saved a lot of money collecting these effects.
I'm in
Revjohn - terry lagerould's 'your aces are marked' has been tweaked by liam montier to turn it into a self working monster. it's a great, great trick - and really visual. quite different to the usual self working trick (it's not a prediction OR a location - HA!).

we could not be more excited about this project. we spent nearly a full YEAR finding material to include. we wanted every single trick to be a killer, not just the first couple.
If you guys have any questions about the product, just drop us a line - I think the plan is to have this out for FISM too, so pop over to the stand and watch a card trick that I didn't have to do a single move for :D

Liam.
When Penguin carries it, I'm ordering it!

Here's what's on it:

Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks – your magic will never be the same again!

Contact Colors (Aldo Colombini)
Impossible (Mike Austin)
Shuffling Lesson (Chad Long)
Henry Sugar (Liam Montier)
Pre-Prefiguration (Larry Jennings / Mark Elsdon)
Your Aces Are Marked (Terry Lagerould)
Shufflebored (Simon Aronson)
The 7/16 Club (Alex Elmsley)
Impossible (Larry Jennings)
4,5,6 (Al Thatcher)
Unbelievable (By Shields, F. Michael And Bascom Jones, Jr)

Tutorials on Charlier Shuffle, Jay Ose Cut, Breather Crimp, Bobby Bernard False Cut & Riffle Shuffle (for those who want to take the tricks to the next level of deceptiveness).
We have just uploaded another performance from our new DVD - The Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks. This time it's Liam Montier's AWESOME 'Henry Sugar'. This routine is just a stonecold classic. So pleased we got permission to include it on the DVD (mind you, we did need to keep Liam's family hostage until he signed on the dotted line).

Check it out here - http://youtu.be/hI2HEZ51nXU

And if you pre-order it before the July 9th release date from http://www.bigblindmedia.com then you get a free download package with video instruction on 'Gemini Twins' and a pdf of Cameron Francis' 'Nothing But Trouble' trick.
[quote]
On 2012-06-25 12:01, ozman wrote:
We have just uploaded another performance from our new DVD - The Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks. This time it's Liam Montier's AWESOME 'Henry Sugar'. This routine is just a stonecold classic. So pleased we got permission to include it on the DVD (mind you, we did need to keep Liam's family hostage until he signed on the dotted line).

Check it out here - http://youtu.be/hI2HEZ51nXU

And if you pre-order it before the July 9th release date from http://www.bigblindmedia.com then you get a free download package with video instruction on 'Gemini Twins' and a pdf of Cameron Francis' 'Nothing But Trouble' trick.
[/quote]

Henry Sugar looked great! I'm trying to wait until this set hits the US, quit tempting me to pre-order, lol.
I have recieved this today. This is really good stuff. Excellent production and a really good selection of tricks.

Superb, highly recommended.
Thanks for answering my question, on My Aces Are Marked. Went back and looked at the source, and could see how this could be used. Love the effect, and glad to see it on this DVD.

Looking forward to picking this up!

RevJohn
Rob, how have you managed to beat the 9th July release date ??
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 14:44, robwillett281 wrote:
I have recieved this today. This is really good stuff. Excellent production and a really good selection of tricks.

[/quote]

The DVD in NOT OUT yet!!!!
Maybe he's thinking of Cameron's "Ultimate Impromptu Card Magic" dvd? Releases on similar topics around the same time by the same company can get confusing, especially when "ultimate" gets overused in titles.
[quote]
On 2012-07-03 07:48, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 14:44, robwillett281 wrote:

[/quote]

I got mine today

The DVD in NOT OUT yet!!!!
[/quote]
Hi folks - the official release date for this DVD is July 9. but some of the people who pre-ordered direct from us have already got their copy. hence the comments now starting to surface!
[quote]
On 2012-06-18 16:39, Cameron Francis wrote:
Liam's Henry Sugar is on there. An absolutely DYNAMITE effect!

[/quote]

this forms a chunk of one of the few mentalism card based effects that I would be willing to perform at all times, it's great!

it's the same as a luke jermay effect which is out already (and also not really original)

I do it slightly differently and add a couple of bits on to the end, it's great stuff!
So Ozman if we per order we will get the DVD early then.?
I took the plunge and ordered it too. This should be right up my alley as magic is merely a hobby of mine and I prefer tricks that don't require difficult sleights so I can work on presentation :)
I'm ordering mine tonight, along with Cameron's Impromptu card magic DVD.
2 no-brainer purchases.
Just received the PDF-file with the free cardtrick. Unfortunately it involves spelling in English and therefore isn't suitable for me (Dutch speaking) ... . Ah well, it was free afterall. I hope the other tricks don't need spelling out cards too much ;)
Received mine last week and got to say this is first class.
I've been using both Mike Austin's Impossible and Al Thatcher's 4,5,6 for years now and never fail to fool Magicians and Laypeople. Kinda disappointed they're being released to a wider audience (just me being selfish).
There is no filler material and every effect could (and should) be used commercially.
The production values, performances and explanations are to the usual high BBM standards.
Well done to all involved!!
Killertweety, just sent you a PM regarding your issue with the free trick. You still might be able to use it! :)
Just purchased... said I wasnt going to do any more pre orders !!!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Congreave (Jul 7, 2012 03:10AM)
I watched this last night, it's really excellent. If you want to fool other magicians there are some real crackers on here, but the great news is there are also tricks that you could go and do at a gig, or if handed a pack and asked show me a trick.

Very very good material, well produced as ever with bbm.

Excellent.
Took the plunge and ordered as well based on the positive comments here.
I did as well, late last Friday. As of yet, haven't received download or PDF. Sure they'll show up soon. :rolleyes:
I got the down load and PDF link almost instantly after purchase !
Whereabouts is the link sent? I have actually not recieved it either, it has been around 4 days since purchase
It went to my e-mail address !
I also preordered based on the comments here on this thread. I haven't seen a link or PDF yet as well.
I'm hoping they come soon since the weekend has passed as well as the release date is here
Lack of link could be down to FISM, not sure.
That might well be the reason Kyle.
Folks

Apologies for lack of download link. We are away at FISM until the weekend. If you are currently waiting for the link please email me at owen@bigblindmedia.com
Looks like a solid release this one
I really enjoyed this release. I wasn't familiar with any of these effects and not only are these self-working, but many start with a shuffled deck and have your spectators performing most of the handling. Additionally before each effect there is an introduction which gives you information on the trick creator and other recommended publications by them.
When will this be released?
Have all orders been shipped yet?
So really no math setups, no complex setups?
[quote]
On 2012-07-13 05:58, rowdymagi5 wrote:
When will this be released?
[/quote]

It's officially out right now! I'm waiting for a uniformed government employee to bring it to me. Hopefully today will be the day- they should have shipped on Monday!
Hey there, BatsMagic! We seem to have similar spending habits for our magic obsession. Thought you'd like to know that I received the following communication from OZMAN when I requested and was sent the link for the free download:

"Many thanks for your order. Your Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks DVD will be sent on Monday 16th. We DID have finished copies to send you immediately, but we have discovered an error on the DVD, and are having new discs made as we speak. Thanks for your understanding and patience."

So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. Thanks again for your wonderful additions to "Stitched". - Steve
Tis True they are all at FISM......

amazingly, I received the download extras within 24 hours!
[quote]
On 2012-07-13 16:09, drstevemagic wrote:
Hey there, BatsMagic! We seem to have similar spending habits for our magic obsession. Thought you'd like to know that I received the following communication from OZMAN when I requested and was sent the link for the free download:

"Many thanks for your order. Your Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks DVD will be sent on Monday 16th. We DID have finished copies to send you immediately, but we have discovered an error on the DVD, and are having new discs made as we speak. Thanks for your understanding and patience."

So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. Thanks again for your wonderful additions to "Stitched". - Steve
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, DrSteve- I'll stop holding my breath waiting for it! You know how it is, I'm sure. This is the latest (and only) thing that I'm waiting for right now, and this would have been a good weekend for me to watch the DVD and practice. Next weekend won't be good.

"Slide" is supposed to be out this coming Friday, and I think that I'm in on that one next, but I don't want to pre-order it. That will be my next "Can't wait for it" item!

And I'm more than happy to have helped you with "Stitched", Steve. It was my pleasure to have come up with an improvement to a fantastic effect and share it with my brothers and sisters here on the Café. Quite frankly, it made me feel good and somewhat important for the first time here. You guys and gals dining in the Café have helped me out a lot; I'm more than happy to return the favor!
Kindamakes sense that the European magi would receive their orders before other parts of the world!
Quote:
Thanks for the info, DrSteve- I'll stop holding my breath waiting for it! You know how it is, I'm sure. This is the latest (and only) thing that I'm waiting for right now, and this would have been a good weekend for me to watch the DVD and practice. Next weekend won't be good.
"Slide" is supposed to be out this coming Friday, and I think that I'm in on that one next, but I don't want to pre-order it. That will be my next "Can't wait for it" item!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Slide" has me interested as well but at $55 I'm going to wait and read some reviews first too.
Well the DVD arrived today, now to find some time to view...
[quote]
On 2012-07-04 09:02, Cameron Francis wrote:
Killertweety, just sent you a PM regarding your issue with the free trick. You still might be able to use it! :)
[/quote]

Hi Cameron,
I have ordered the dvd too and I have the same problem of Killertweety, can you send me too the same information you wrote to him?
Thanks

N.P.
Hi, N.P.! It's not really a secret. My suggestion was simply to use cards that would work in your language. That's all. :)
Folks,

we have been blown away with the response to this project. people seem to be really responding to the strength of the material. I spent all FISM demming tricks from this DVD and it was astounding how FOOLED the attending magicians were.

check out some of the feedback we have been getting...

‘This is !@#$%^& awesome!! Every effect is excellent – ‘Contact Colours’ and ‘Henry Sugar’ stand out - but Terry Lagerould, ‘Your Aces Are Marked’ isn't gold…its platinum! Just proves although its important to work on your pass, DL , top changes etc you can still fry people with self workers.’ Dave Cooper

‘Just wanted to let you know to know how amazed I am about the quality of the tricks included on this DVD.’ Daniel Lagerman

‘I am normally a sleight of hand guy, but this DVD is absolutely excellent. Great choice of tricks, and superb presentation. Very well done.’ Rob Willett

‘I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the ULTIMATE SELF WORKING CARD TRICKS DVD. This must be up there with one of the best DVD's I have ever bought. Only one word to describe it really.......... AWESOME.’ Doug Heath
I ordered on Monday and received the bonus PDF and video almost immediately by eMail; the DVD came in the post on Tuesday. Great service!

I can only echo what everyone else is saying. These are great effects, and the teaching and production standards on the DVD are excellent.

Really impressed with this release; well done!!!
So, I ordered within a day or two of the pre-order announcement being made, and I'm still waiting for this. You (craigwest) ordered on Monday and got it on Tuesday. WOW! I'm sure that you are over there in the UK, and I'm here across the pond. I'm sure that that has something to do with it!

This is NOT a complaint- it's just an observation on my part. BBM has been good to me over the past few years, and I like them!
[quote]
On 2012-07-18 08:36, Cameron Francis wrote:
Hi, N.P.! It's not really a secret. My suggestion was simply to use cards that would work in your language. That's all. :)
[/quote]

Indeed and I can confirm it is doable - still have to make some time and figure it out completely though :)
Mike Maxwell's earlier efforts - Incredible (but Inedible) Self-Working Card tricks - attracted quite a bit of flak in the old days of VHS.
Perhaps unfairly. He did unearth some gems such as Eyes of the Gods.

I really enjoyed BBM's presentation and content on this new dvd.
Their fashion sense is slightly different from Mike's.
They also manage to lure some desirable devotchkas in front of the camera.

I hope BBM bring a sequel out.
Ultimate 2 or Penultimate 1 or possibly Ultima Thule?
RJS - did you mean these desirable devotchkas?
Them's the ones.
I'm still trying to recover from the young woman in Bullets after Dark.
Think we got the better deal on this occasion !!
Got it today here in New York. I'm looking forward to checking it out and putting some of the effects to good use!
It'd arrived at Penguin:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14576

Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks - your magic will never be the same again!

Eleven of the GREATEST self working card tricks ever invented:

Contact Colors (Aldo Colombini)
Impossible (Mike Austin)
Shuffling Lesson (Chad Long)
Henry Sugar (Liam Montier)
Pre-Prefiguration (Larry Jennings / Mark Elsdon)
Your Aces Are Marked (Terry Lagerould)
Shufflebored (Simon Aronson)
The 7/16 Club (Alex Elmsley)
Impossible (Larry Jennings)
4,5,6 (Al Thatcher)
Unbelievable (By Shields, F. Michael And Bascom Jones, Jr)
[quote]
On 2012-07-18 11:07, BatsMagic wrote:
So, I ordered within a day or two of the pre-order announcement being made, and I'm still waiting for this. You (craigwest) ordered on Monday and got it on Tuesday. WOW! I'm sure that you are over there in the UK, and I'm here across the pond. I'm sure that that has something to do with it!

This is NOT a complaint- it's just an observation on my part. BBM has been good to me over the past few years, and I like them!
[/quote]

Got mine delivered to Florida from the UK today too. Just have to find some time to go through it. - Steve
This looks excellent!
I've been able to go through the DVD and I'm not going to give a trick by trick review, BUT I will say that this should have gone for double the asking price. They've done an excellent job compiling some of the best self working tricks ever in existence. I can't wait for Part 2!! Great production, great explanations, great job!!
Couldn't agree more Lunatic,
Just got this yesterday and watched about half of it last night.

• EXCELLENT production value overall.

• Great intro's to each effect, giving some history to the upcoming effect as well as what seems to be very thorough crediting.

• The effects themselves are all very solid. So far, I haven't seen any convoluted or drawn-out counting sequences or anything like that (which I sometimes associate with "self-workers")

• Nice bonus section with some tips and comments, as well as a few simple shuffles and cuts taught.

• Very clear teaching and explanations.

• Performance sections feature visually appealing spectators.

Overall, only a bit over halfway through and I am VERY happy with this DVD. Great job guys!
Rachel and Amy were fantastic spectators!

But, seriously, I've watched some of this and at least a few things will go into my performance repertoire.
WOW

This is ONE great DVD.

I am usually very happy if I can fine one good nugget in
a book or DVD

I have found (so far) seven on this disc.
At least two of the effects will move into my
#1 set as soon as possible.

Also - would love to have beer and do some magic for
the lovely ladies who participated.

Keep up the great work BBM
WOW! Sounds like this is a good DVD to put into the aresenal.
Folks,

we have a FREE bonus download for anyone who has purchased the ULTIMATE SELF WORKING CARD TRICKS DVD. the mutant brain that is Liam Montier, has come up with a killer idea for a way to use Aldo Colombini's Contact Colors to link immediately into another killer routine. it allows you to perform two of the strongest pieces of magic ever created in ONE routine. it's a GREAT idea.

and you can download the video instructions for free. to get the download link please email me at info@bigblindmedia.com and make the subject line of the email the THIRD word on the small print at the bottom of the DVD disc itself. (so open the DVD case, look at the tiny words at the bottom of the disc and quote the 3rd word you see).

AWESOMENESS!
Thanks Owen, will do
[quote]
On 2012-08-03 10:51, ozman wrote:
Folks,

we have a FREE bonus download for anyone who has purchased the ULTIMATE SELF WORKING CARD TRICKS DVD. the mutant brain that is Liam Montier, has come up with a killer idea for a way to use Aldo Colombini's Contact Colors to link immediately into another killer routine. it allows you to perform two of the strongest pieces of magic ever created in ONE routine. it's a GREAT idea.

and you can download the video instructions for free. to get the download link please email me at info@bigblindmedia.com and make the subject line of the email the THIRD word on the small print at the bottom of the DVD disc itself. (so open the DVD case, look at the tiny words at the bottom of the disc and quote the 3rd word you see).
AWESOMENESS!
[/quote]

Really nice little download. Ever so much thanks for adding even more value to the best DVD for the money out there! Steve
That's great news :). E-mail sent!

I didn't have the time yet to view all the tricks but the ones I did see (first 5 or so) were absolutely great. They are indeed self working, no sleights necessary, not even (a lot of) memory work involved. You are also taught some very easy to do 'moves' (I don't even call them 'sleights') that make a great routine even better. For example there's one false cut I'm using all the time now ... so simple yet so deceptive.

Most tricks (well from the ones I saw) have the spectators involved and that's always good for me.

The teaching is top notch. Very clear and easy to follow. Great quality too, filmed professionaly.

All I hoped this DVD would be has become reality. Absolutely a MUST HAVE for every hobbyist like me, but I believe most professionals will also use one or more tricks on the DVD. You will fool both laymen and magicians.
Probably my best magic DVD-purchase ever. You WILL use some of the routines, trust me.

One more thing. There are a lot of youtube video's that teach card tricks (let's face it, they sometimes even are very good) - and I'm not going to be a hypocrite so yes ... I've watched a few of them. The good news however is that as far as I know (I haven't really searched to be honest) the routines and tricks on this DVD have been kept a real secret up untill this release. So yes ... the DVD is definately worth it's money! You will have tricks in your hands that almost no one knows, and that's a huge benefit especially if you're a professional magician!

[EDIT]Ok, just got my link sent by e-mail (very fast, thank you!). All I can say is it gave me a BIG smile on my face when I heard the words &"é#@ ;) when I watched it! It gave me that well known feeling of "now why didn't I think of that!?" :P
And yes, the follow op trick is also VERY easy to do! Another spectator can do the 'follow up' so there are even more people involved.
I'd like to go in detail but I'm not going to say anything else because that would be considered revealing. You'll LOVE it. I now have one routine that will last a relatively very long time with a good presentation - maybe I should put some serious effort in magic and become semi-professional afterall ;)
[quote]
On 2012-07-31 11:27, BatsMagic wrote:
Rachel and Amy were fantastic spectators!

But, seriously, I've watched some of this and at least a few things will go into my performance repertoire.
[/quote]

Don't know where I got Rachel from- I realize now that it's Stacey that I'm in love with! I'm going to blame it on the British accents!
This just got top marks and worker of the week on WPR !..
And I don't know where the heck I misplaced the DVD!
This got worker of the week on WPR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfMa0gETpU
I loved this DVD!
Excellent!
One of the effects I cannot stop doing...LOVE it!
Finally picked this up last night and started viewing. Looks excellent. Very happy so far.
Color Contact by Aldo Colombi is an awesome self-working card trick, collected inside this Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks DVD.

No difficult set up is needed. The key reason it is awesome because it doesn't only produced one effect but three at one go. And, these three really caught your spectator off guard. Just when your spectators thought that you are done with your magic you surprised them another effect then another. After the first effect, you found your spectator's selected card. I like the part that you seem to force your spectator's card yet you let him really feel that he is selecting it freely. After the first effect, you have your second effect. You produced 4 aces. When your spectators thought it is really over, you showed them yet another unexpected effect. All the red colored cards are found under the red aces and the black colored cards are found under the black aces! I encouraged you to watch the trailer to appreciate the devil.

Aldo has a good story and motivation behind this card trick. The story is about his lucky card and he tells his spectators why it is a lucky card for him from these 3 effects. Very good story.

Why self-working trick? Isn't self-working trick for beginners or hobbyists? I agreed that some self-working tricks are not good but there are some that are beautiful and powerful. Color Contact is one of these beautiful and powerful magic!

I believe having these powerful self-working magic in your repertoire is a gem. Not everyday is a Sunday and not every time you are in your performance best. Thus, having them with you is like having a good insurance coverage. When you begin with self-working tricks, you are building up your confidence and control over the rest of your whole show as well.

Immediately after watching the tutorial, I am ready to include Color Contact in my own performance repertoire within 1 to 2 minutes. But, no worry, I don't think your spectators can easily see through how Color Cotact is done.
One of those DVDs I will keep for when I have children! I know that sounds weird.
That's not strange at al Blindside. My son is using that DVD as his introduction to card magic too.

Merchant of Magic is running a free trial of the Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks DVD so you can try out some of the content for free and get extra stuff.

Here's the info: http://info.magicshop.co.uk/self-working-card-tricks

Best wishes as always
Dominic
I just got this today, it's just fantastic!
This DVD proves that a trick does NOT have to be difficult to be amazing
One of the best Magic DVDs I have purchased in a looooonnng time!
I to just went through it. Just watched the effects a few time to see which I like, and WOW there are some good effects, started to look at the how to and just had to smile. Now thinking how to build one or two into a routine. I can see a cooler in my future.

Tony
Just start playing with some of them. Great stuff. For once my money was well spent. Good job.
I only bought this recently and finally foudn time to watch it this morning. What a great DVD. Thought this thread was worth bumping.
Not only here on the Café, but elewhere, too, I hear nothing but positive about this product. I'm the kind who when I think "self working" I think boring. (Usually) but I'm wrong and I really am going to put this on my A list.
I bought this a couple of months ago and am very pleased. The production quality is excellent and the effects are amazing. I must admit, I am getting a little tired of the spinning titles (those who have the DVD will understand) but that's a pretty minor point. I do like how the DVD emphasizes that although the effects may be working, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be practiced. As I've watched the DVD, I keep thinking about how cool it would be to have some special decks made up but then I look at the cost and my wife keeps mumbling something about a mortgage. Personally, I think her priorities are skewed but that's must my opinion.

Dave
I like Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks very much, especially Shufflebored.

With either a smartphone or tablet like iphone or ipad, you can do this trick alone. To add some more " wow ", you may like to get Ask Alexander deck.

I begin the presentation by saying that almost everybody used smartphones and tablets nowadays. This is because they are so useful. You can use them to play games, watch movies and find out where sells the best laksa in Singapore. Some even use them to tell fortunes. And, I have downloaded an app for a prediction.

About how to do the trick, please refer to the DVD.

Shufflebored can be done alone because it is 1 trick with 4 awesome predictions. I have created 5 pictures that shows these predictions. PM me if you would like the pictures and I will email you free.Check out the pictures that show the 5 predictions. Time to make some contribution for Magic Café members who have been always great help for me.

After you have 2 spectators messed up your deck, you can disclose the predictions with the pictures one by one. There are total 4 predictions:-
1st prediction - there are 21 cards facedown from the deck,
2nd prediction - 9 cards are red out of the 21 cards,
3rd prediction - all black are black,
4th prediction - except the 2 of clubs.

I have created a Chinese version as well.

This can be used for close up or on stage. You may use iPad or iPhone.

Nobody can say you are using technology and not performing magic because you are using the smartphones as a supplement, it is still how the deck is messed up and produced the 4 predictions. And, your spectators know it very clearly from this presentation.

Let me know if you like this presentation.
Sorry some typo on earlier post.

I like Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks very much, especially Shufflebored.

You can do this trick alone.

I start by saying that almost everybody used smartphones and tablets nowadays. This is because they are so useful. You can use them to play games, watch movies and find out where sells the best laksa in Singapore. Some even use them to tell fortunes. And, I have downloaded an app for a prediction.

About how to do the trick, please refer to the DVD.

Shufflebored can be done alone because it is 1 trick with 4 awesome predictions. There are:-
1st prediction - there are 21 face down cards from the deck,
2nd prediction - 9 out the 21 cards are red,
3rd prediction - all black are spade, except
4th prediction - the 2 of clubs.

I have created the pictures. If you would like to have them, feel free to PM me and I will email them to you free. Time to payback the many great helps I received from MC.

I have created a Chinese version as well.

This can be used for close up or on stage. You may use iPad or iPhone.

Nobody can say you are using technology and not performing magic because you are using the smartphones as a supplement, it is still how the deck is messed up and produced the 4 predictions.

Let me know if you like this presentation.
[quote]
On 2013-05-02 05:42, Roland Choo wrote:
Nobody can say you are using technology and not performing magic because you are using the smartphones as a supplement, it is still how the deck is messed up and produced the 4 predictions.
[/quote]

While I would agree with you that using the deck in conjunction with the app makes it less 'technological' in method, I would still argue that using an iPhone is not the cleanest way to present Shufflebored.

One prediction folded on the table in plain sight or in an envelope in a spectators hands or possession from the very beginning will beat out loading an app or photo up after the routine.

if I was to move away from the written prediction approach, what I think I might do is prepare a second deck earlier in the exact same way they will do during the routine.
I then have both decks of cards on the table at all times, putting one aside and handing the other to them.
I then talk about how impossible it is for any combination of cards to ever repeat, so once they shuffle no deck of cards will ever be in that order again.
They shuffle via the method/routine explained to them and then you reveal from your deck that was on the table the whole time that you assembled your deck with the exact same face-up cards, the exact same red cards, the exact same black cards.......and the exact same odd club card.

They can examine both at the end.

I just feel with a trick as powerful and self-working as shufflebored, why use technology to predict the outcome?
You may know there's only one photo truly on your phone but they will suspect it nonetheless.

My feelings anyway. :)
The first time a friend of mine showed me a "magic" trick using a mobile device, I said to him "There's obviously an app for that". And he said "Yes there is".

I would never do this trick using anything but a deck of cards and a written prediction.

"Shufflebored" is one of my favorite card tricks to do. Even one time when someone dropped a card and put it back in the wrong way, and I was off by one card on the first prediction (but luckily not on any after that), my spectator, not knowing that more was to come, still said to me that it was still pretty amazing that I was off by one card. After the next 4 predictions came out correct, he was speechless.

I always carry around at least two card decks with me. One is always set up for "Shufflebored".

If you want to see a nice improvement to "Shufflebored", see Woody Aragon's "A Book in English" and check out "Bored of Shuffling".

:bat:
I agree with ManchurianMan83 and BatsMagic - written prediction is way to go with "Shufflebored". I preffer envelopes with written predictions - just 3 of them - they need to tear the 3rd one for final prediction written inside of the envelope - after a pause that sth did not come right it is a killer ! I love it ;)

BTW - 2nd part is almost ready - mid June they will BBM will start sending it. I preordered mine - will give my thoughts when it arrives...
Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks VOl 1 and Vol 2 is a Penguin Cool Box deal combo!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3573
$45 is actually the original price, mark up the price and give discount is not so cool.
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=51246

Still a great deal for those who do not own vol.1
Vol1 and Vol 2 are each $30. Both are $60. The Cool Box deal is $45 for both.

Is that math not correct?
Zombie, did you follow ahzhe's link?
[quote]
On 2013-06-18 10:04, duanebarry wrote:
Zombie, did you follow ahzhe's link?
[/quote]

Did you? It goes to Murphy's and they don't sell retail. I went to all the other sites and they didn't have the deal Penguin has.
Convergence by Cameron Francis is so great and easy to do.

So glad I discoverd this one.
I bought the first volume and I truly enjoy it. It was a real good lesson which gives me many effects.

However, I haven't bought the second volume. I've read in some places that the second volume doesn't have enough kick as the first one.

So I'm deciding whether I should get this or invest on other DVD?
This looks very good but my question is can most of these effects be done from a shuffled deck in use or do they require substantial set ups.
Steve
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Jul 15, 2013 10:54AM)
What or which, may I ask would be the stand out effect(s) on Vol. 1?
[quote]
On 2013-07-15 11:54, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
[/quote]

It's so hard to say. It's loaded with gems.

For me, it's Pre-Prefiguration. It's the perfect work:outcome ratio.
However, Shuffling Lessons gets an amazing spectator response.
Contact Colors is great, but not impromptu.
Henry Sugar is a really unique effect that taught me a new principle.
[quote]
On 2013-07-15 11:54, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
[/quote]

I think my favorite it 456. That FRIED me. And when you come up with a good presentation and explanation for WHY you're doing what you're doing, it kills. I had never seen that before.
Awesome input folks. I would have to agree with all the above Silver Glove.
Volume 2 is in stock for UK customers at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections/new-products/products/ultimate-self-working-card-tricks-volume-2-by-big-blind-media-dvd

Magik1
Trying to remember how to do a prediction trick, where you turn some cards upside down, get a spoectator to shuffle some etc then produce a piece of paper which stated `there will be 20 face down cards, there will be 9 reds, all the black cards will be odd......except the 4 of clubs. Used to doi it years ago but the memoryhas gone! Any help?
It is in vol 1. Shuffle bored.

Ryan
If you don't own it, then... you don't own it ;) One of the best DVDs I have bought.
WOW! Just got the Essential Card Magic Toolbox from Big Blind Media - such great material on here and totally worth purchasing the box set

Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Beginner
DVD length: 1 hour and 32 minutes

Type of effect: Card Magic DVD

Manufacturer's Write Up: Bigblindmedia have sourced eleven of the greatest card tricks ever invented. Magical effects that will simply SLAY audiences. And each of these tricks just so HAPPENS to be self working. That's the key. These tricks are easy enough for a beginner, but STRONG ENOUGH FOR A WORKING PRO!!! And, even better, a lot of this material is very little known.

There are tricks you can do when a friend hands you half a dog-eared deck... and there are tricks that you can perform for a large group that will knock people's socks through their eyeballs.

You often hear magicians say that one of the tricks on their newly purchased DVD was worth the price of the project on it's own. Well, we firmly believe that these eleven tricks ALL fall into that category.

Presented by James Went (host of CBBC's 'Help, My Supply Teacher Is Magic'), Liam Montier, Iain Moran and Owen Packard, the DVD contains tips & thoughts on how to present these routines, as well as a bonus section of some great false cuts if you want to take your magic to the next level. (You don't have to use these. These routines are all 100% sleight free!). Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks - your magic will never be the same again!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception here. This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only

Key points: Eleven of the GREATEST self working card tricks ever invented:

1. Contact Colors (Aldo Colombini)
2. Impossible (Mike Austin)
3. Shuffling Lesson (Chad Long)
4. Henry Sugar (Liam Montier)
5. Pre-Prefiguration (Larry Jennings / Mark Elsdon)
6. Your Aces Are Marked (Terry Lagerould)
7. Shufflebored (Simon Aronson)
8. The 7/16 Club (Alex Elmsley)
9. Impossible (Larry Jennings)
10. "4,5,6" (Al Thatcher)
11. Unbelievable (By Shields, F. Michael And Bascom Jones, Jr)

How are the production values: Big Blind Media makes great instructional DVDs, clear menus, HD cameras, good sound and lighting and attractive assistants.

Is it well taught: Liam Montier is very well known throughout the magic industry as being one of the most refreshingly original creators of workable and practical magic. Liam Montier, is truly a fantastic card control resource for all magicians regardless of skill level. I cannot recommend this enough!

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): Not only are all of these tricks great, but Liam gives you so much more bang for your buck. Liam also teaches you two false cuts, two shuffles and a crimp. Plus, in between the teaching, he also offers you his advice on practice, getting out of a jam, and so much more.

My advice, if this is a DVD you might want to pick up, save your pennies and get the Essential Card Magic Tool Box

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc6Oak87Hc
[quote]On Apr 11, 2016, DavidKenney wrote:
WOW! Just got the Essential Card Magic Toolbox from Big Blind Media - such great material on here and totally worth purchasing the box set

Creator: Liam Montier
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Beginner
DVD length: 1 hour and 32 minutes

Type of effect: Card Magic DVD

Manufacturer's Write Up: Bigblindmedia have sourced eleven of the greatest card tricks ever invented. Magical effects that will simply SLAY audiences. And each of these tricks just so HAPPENS to be self working. That's the key. These tricks are easy enough for a beginner, but STRONG ENOUGH FOR A WORKING PRO!!! And, even better, a lot of this material is very little known.

There are tricks you can do when a friend hands you half a dog-eared deck... and there are tricks that you can perform for a large group that will knock people's socks through their eyeballs.

You often hear magicians say that one of the tricks on their newly purchased DVD was worth the price of the project on it's own. Well, we firmly believe that these eleven tricks ALL fall into that category.

Presented by James Went (host of CBBC's 'Help, My Supply Teacher Is Magic'), Liam Montier, Iain Moran and Owen Packard, the DVD contains tips & thoughts on how to present these routines, as well as a bonus section of some great false cuts if you want to take your magic to the next level. (You don't have to use these. These routines are all 100% sleight free!). Ultimate Self Working Card Tricks - your magic will never be the same again!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception here. This is exactly what you get

What's in the box? DVD only

Key points: Eleven of the GREATEST self working card tricks ever invented:

1. Contact Colors (Aldo Colombini)
2. Impossible (Mike Austin)
3. Shuffling Lesson (Chad Long)
4. Henry Sugar (Liam Montier)
5. Pre-Prefiguration (Larry Jennings / Mark Elsdon)
6. Your Aces Are Marked (Terry Lagerould)
7. Shufflebored (Simon Aronson)
8. The 7/16 Club (Alex Elmsley)
9. Impossible (Larry Jennings)
10. "4,5,6" (Al Thatcher)
11. Unbelievable (By Shields, F. Michael And Bascom Jones, Jr)

How are the production values: Big Blind Media makes great instructional DVDs, clear menus, HD cameras, good sound and lighting and attractive assistants.

Is it well taught: Liam Montier is very well known throughout the magic industry as being one of the most refreshingly original creators of workable and practical magic. Liam Montier, is truly a fantastic card control resource for all magicians regardless of skill level. I cannot recommend this enough!

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): Not only are all of these tricks great, but Liam gives you so much more bang for your buck. Liam also teaches you two false cuts, two shuffles and a crimp. Plus, in between the teaching, he also offers you his advice on practice, getting out of a jam, and so much more.

My advice, if this is a DVD you might want to pick up, save your pennies and get the Essential Card Magic Tool Box

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc6Oak87Hc [/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ultimate tool box a set of like 5 dvds that cover the thick card, elmsley count, false cuts, etc?
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/liam-montiers-essential-card-magic-toolbox-by-big-blind-media-8-dvd-set-dvd-p-21495.html
That's a 'box set' of four or five releases

Including many of Liam M projects on EC, false shuffles, etc

It does include this DVD

But this stand alone dvd is also available in a 'box set' with ultimate self working card tricks DVD 2 and DVD 3

All of these are stand alone

And the box sets aren't box sets just a deal for cheaper price when you buy them together they get sent as single DVDs as if you bought them separately

Btw this and all the others are great value
[quote]On Nov 9, 2016, The Duster wrote:
That's a 'box set' of four or five releases

Including many of Liam M projects on EC, false shuffles, etc

It does include this DVD

But this stand alone dvd is also available in a 'box set' with ultimate self working card tricks DVD 2 and DVD 3

All of these are stand alone

And the box sets aren't box sets just a deal for cheaper price when you buy them together they get sent as single DVDs as if you bought them separately

Btw this and all the others are great value [/quote]
Yes, I understand that. My point was that the title of this post is for just ONE of the discs in this set, the Ultimate Self Working Card tricks, yet in DavidKennedy's review, he says that he got the box set and the MSRP is $30 when in actuality it's $90 for the full 'toolbox' ;)
No

He's just reviewing self working DVD 1

It was $30 maybe still is???

And there is bonus material where he teaches a few shuffles and false cuts

But nothing like the full shuffle/cuts DVD

So to be clear the review is just for self working DVD 1 and nothing else