(Close Window)
Topic: C&B - which hand
Just curious, are you left handed or right handed and for C&B and CHP CP, do you load with your LH or RH

For the record, I'm RH and load with my LH.
It's funny actually, I am left handed and so much actual sleight of hand in magic is done with the left hand while the right hand does very little. I am not sure why. It seems like maybe the early magicians were left handed and just didn't tell anybody. I load with either hand though, if you pick up the cup with the hand nearest it, you would have load with that too, but unless you move in such a way to get your preferred hand close to the cup, either hand could be closest. If you use a wand, it changes everything...
Right handed, load with left.
Semi-ambidextous, but predominately right handed. Initial load with left, all other loads both.
Both.
Gr8gorilla, interting that you mention the card sleights. I too am right handed and almost all the one handed moves I can do with my left but feels awkward with my right, much like trying to write with my left hand.
I'm right handed, but can only do one handed cuts left handed. Weird, huh?
I am left handed but I perform with my right hand most. when the book said use your right hand I guess I just listened.
If you fold your arms and with you RH hold the the cup in the left hand side, then load with the LH from the right hand side.
It will look and feel like somone else is doing it!
I put a rubber band around my wrists so tight that it cuts the circulation off...that way it feels like someone else is loading my cups.
Right handed. But also amply dexterous, and use my left for the cups, freeing my right to load, and for the wand.

The Doctor
The reason I was asking is because I recently ordered a Hip Pouch from Ambitious Card for my left side.

Frank updated the status on my order and said he ran out of pouches for that side. And at the time of reading it, I misunderstood the email and thought that everyone was ordering right side pouches. Which got me thinking are right handed people loading with the right hand? But I have since realized that the reason he ran out of left side pouches is because right handed people are buying them because they load with their left hand.

Thanks to all who answered.
Any time.
LMAO @ Al. You're a hoot.