(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Harris presents Slide by De'Mon and Titanas
Hello guys,

I am really happy that I can start this thread finally. Titanas showed me the effect in Blackpool this year and I immediately want one, but he told me it is not out yet and I am not allowed to tell anybody. Now I am allowed and all I can say is WOW. I really like T&R effects and this animation adds so much to the effect and the best part is, it is easy to perform and the spectator can keep the restored card as a souvenir.
Here is a trailer of the effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHiegVx2kQo&feature=player_embedded

and here you can buy it:

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p22028/Paul_Harris_Presents_SLIDE_-__By_DeMon_and_Titanas/product_info.html

I cannot wait to get my copy at FISM.

Wish you all the best

Alex
Just saw the trailer...that looks very, very, very impressive! It is a combination of 2 of the most astonishing effects...1) torn and restored card, 2)animation. I am glad to see refreshing new ideas like this one! Can t wait to get one!
Lets see it with no edits...
[quote]
On 2012-06-27 14:13, Doomo wrote:
[/quote]

Agree. Then we will see that the card cannot be handed directly back to the spec.
[quote]
On 2012-06-27 14:29, RNK wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-06-27 14:13, Doomo wrote:
[/quote]

Agree. Then we will see that the card cannot be handed directly back to the spec.
[/quote]

The clean-up is shown multiple times in the trailer.
That does look very good - now lets wait for a review from some one who owns it ....................
RNK, the clean up is demonstrated repeatedly, which leads me to
believe you were fooled by it. Count that as a strength.
The mismade card is why I'm getting this. What an incredible souvenir to giveaway!
If Alex says this is worth getting then quite frankly you can all get behind me in the queue. My only small concerns are angles and those spectators who can spot that cards are thicker than they should be ;)

My order is as good as in.
Here's a little bonus for Magic Café members

Voucher Code: magiccafeslide

This voucher gives free shipping anywhere worldwide when ordering Slide
Just enter it in the 'voucher redeem' box at the checkout and the shipping charge will be deducted from the order total.

The voucher code will be live until the first batch arrives to ship, so it's a bonus for customers who want to pre-order a copy in advance.
The angles are not so different to lots of other T&R cards, and bill switches. This is looking great and I too really like the mismade end as a handout !

Ben
THE FIRST EVER Signed Animated Restoration of a playing card!

No Threads and no Elastics
Extremely Easy to Perform
No-Palm Handlings
SLIDE a Signed Playing Card
SLIDE any Bank Note
SLIDE a Business Card
Resets in Seconds

Includes Mis-Made Cards
Looks Good.
Not inexpensive.
Waiting for reviews .... fooled and fooled again by pre-orders.
[quote]
On 2012-06-27 15:01, Illucifer wrote:
[/quote]

Actually, only the switch with the unsigned "twisted" card is shown. And it was not all that. I agree with RNK. Do the signed T&R with no edits...
Dear friends,
The ditchings you see in the promo are actually the same both for signed and not signed versions.
In the DVD we cover a plethora of handlings that making the effect dead easy no matter what your skill is.
Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]
[/quote]

Actually not fooled. You can see before he hands back the card he palms the gimmick, very obvious. I want to see the unedited version of the nonpalming version of him handing back the card. Not to mention, when the card is "sliding", you see the motion of his hand creating the sliding. Sorry, not very impressive.

RNK
Dear RNK,
No need to be sorry that is not very impressive to you.
I am sorry you feel this way about Slide.

So far, I got some tremendous feedback.

One of the non palming handlings is in the promo so maybe you may want to watch it again.

One more thing and I am not trying to be personal or anything but you said that when I do the clean up is very obvious. We are not trying to fool the magicians here this is why we included a palming and a non palming clean up in the demo.

Best regards,
Titanas
Yes, but it is not unedited.
RNK, please post up some video's of you performing some effects and we'll all be glad to point out your deficiencies. Looking forward to your video's!!

p.s. try not to post up any self working effects :)
I thought the video they showed was great. Would fool the check out of non magicians!
[quote]
On 2012-06-28 13:07, lunatik wrote:
RNK, please post up some video's of you performing some effects and we'll all be glad to point out your deficiencies. Looking forward to your video's!!

p.s. try not to post up any sworking effects :)
[/quote]

I'm not marketing any effects. If I was, I would post an unedited video like Tony does at RF Productions when he is trying to sell a product. Nice try. Lol

Best,
RNK
Sup guys,
SLIDE looks like a dream, always been looking for a good TnR and this one is definitely not just a card trick, it takes it to the next level! Definitely getting this:)

Well done Titanas! (And sorry for Germany being better at football than Greece)

Kevin
[quote]
On 2012-06-28 13:15, RNK wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-06-28 13:07, lunatik wrote:

p.s. try not to post up any sworking effects :)
[/quote]

I'm not marketing any effects. If I was, I would post an unedited video like Tony does at RF Productions when he is trying to sell a product. Nice try. Lol

Best,
RNK
[/quote]

But you have to realize that well over 90% of effects out there, us magicians usually can suss when a 'move' or 'ditch' or whatever was done. Does that lessen the effect any? In most cases no. If you see an effect performed and you easily spot when the palmed a card, do you think that YOU could improve it ie the timing, etc? If so, then there isn't a problem with the effect. Too many people want an effect to be completely worked out for their specific requirements or they won't but it. What works for one person might not for another. Take the routine and modify it to your likings and comfort level.
I have seen slider up close and personal. It is a great effect and a really sick idea for a plot. It looks like real magic. There is no tell sign of any hand moving anything, that's just ridiculous.

JM
You can see the hand/fingers move when the sliding takes place.
Best,
RNK
Look pretty legit, Ill wait for a decent amount of reviews.
I don't see any obvious finger movement and I think the trailer is quite fair. Still, this isn't really for me. For my tastes it's too novel. A more traditional restoration make more sense and very few laypeople will have EVER seen it.

This is interesting to us magician's having seen cards restored so many times we're bored.
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Jun 29, 2012 12:14AM)
Looks like an interesting effect. Giving out a mismatched Slide card I think is pretty cool. I did notice however that the specs weren't standing very close to the magician, kind of reminded me of "Wings" where it can't be done right in front of a specs face or they will spot the method. Still looks pretty sweet though.
Id like then distance issue also to be answered...
Dear magic friends,
Regarding the distance: Slide is a close up effect.
The only reason we had this distance is so the camera can also see the effect.
Placing the spectators closer would cause the video viewers to miss the effect and only
see the back of the spectator's heads.
I hope that makes sense.
Best regards,
Titanas
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jun 29, 2012 05:18AM)
Hello magic friends!
Hope you'll enjoy Slide as much as we did developing it.
Don't rush on judging the effect until someone gets it and sees by himself how sophisticated and astinishing it is. Although we where developing it throughout 3 years time, I've been using it subtlely on my working repetoir for at least 2y and the possibilities are endless!
From a playing card, a bill, or a buisness card to even a drawing of a woman (i do that on kids shows/kinda like performing "sawing a lady in half" but close up!)
Of course there are going to be fellow magicians that this is just not their thing, but please don't rush on judging it before you get it on your hands.
As for the methods , we have included lots of those for every kind of taste!
Enjoy!
This looks really good. Anybody that has done magic knows before hand that there is a gimmick and a switch, laymen don't know that. Congratulations.
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 09:19, thehawk wrote:
This looks really good. Anybody that has done magic knows before hand that there is a gimmick and a switch, laymen don't know that. Congratulations.
[/quote]

No one here has disputed anything about a gimmick involved or a switch. The issue was the video. And anyone in magic also knows that there are t n r plots out there in which the restored card can be handed directly back to the spec.

RNK
RNK,
I think we all got your point, you don't like it. That's fair.

For the rest of the people that like it the card is handed out immediately after the restoration.

The whole process is/looks like this: tear, stick offset, animate, fold card, massage the crease, hand out.

Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 10:58, Titanas wrote:
The whole process is/looks like this: tear, stick offset, animate, fold card, massage the crease, hand out.
[/quote]

Too cool. I am ordering this as soon as Penguin gets it!
[quote]
RNK,

For the rest of the people that like it the card is handed out immediately after the restoration.

Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

Titanas, I do not think RNK has actually said anything bad about the actual effect. His concern, and mine I admit... Is that we have yet to see an unedited video... Simply show the card being selected, signed , torn and restored... That is all... To many effects skate on showing unedited demo's... People rave over said demos... Then they get bitter when the effect is not what was shown in the original demo... I am not saying that you are doing this... I am simply stating that a lot of confusion could be avoided by simply showing unedited demos...
[quote]
RNK,

Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

Titanas,

This is an open forum. It is also fair that when people respond to my comments, I can respond to theirs. If you read all the posts, I am in no way trying to bash the product. I am merely responding to posts. I can understand your slight frustration as you are trying to sell a product. But again, I reiterate, this is an open forum.

Further, if you look at my track record on posting, I post many more positive comments than negative.
Best,
RNK
Doomo,
It is posts from magicians like the following one that make the creators don't want to show a full performance.

"Actually not fooled. You can see before he hands back the card he palms the gimmick, very obvious.........Not to mention, when the card is "sliding", you see the motion of his hand creating the sliding. Sorry, not very impressive. - RNK"

Best regards,
Titanas
RNK and Doomo.

Alex had given this one his approval. That's enough for me.

Why do you both insist on seeing an unedited demo. Is it because you want to try to suss the method?
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 11:58, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
RNK and Doomo.

Alex had given this one his approval. That's enough for me.

Why do you both insist on seeing an unedited demo. Is it because you want to try to suss the method?
[/quote]

Not at all. It is because to many times people see an effect that looks great in an edited video only to be highly disappointed after purchasing it. In todays extremely tight economy every dollar counts. Maybe that's not the case for you, if so, that's great for you. But many people are struggling financially.

RNK
Titanas,

Why is it so hard for you to show an unedited video?
RNK,
Read my previous post.
[quote]
[/quote]

It is not demonstrated repeatedly. And you say you don't want to show a close up of the sliding because you didn't want to get the back of the specs head???? You could easily have gotten a close up of the effect which is part of where the skeptism begins.

RNK
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jun 29, 2012 11:38AM)
RNK
There are enough close ups of the sliding during the matchbook, bill, mismade card and buisness card animations...
I would suggest you wait for a comment from someone who has it and performes it before continuing this nuttshell. If you're trying to fish the method, that is not the way my friend...
Thanks!
P.S: Trust me when I say I would LOVE to shoot a short video with the whole process so you can see how clean and astonishing it is...but then again why should I do that? Just to prove something to you...No sir...No can do...
Peace out!
Again, not fishing. There is not many ways this can be accomplished. With that being said, why shy away from an unedited video? If the effect is so fantastic as you are implying? If you have nothing to hide and as you say "would LOVE" to shoot a short video showing the whole process, then do it. There are only a few reasons why you would not shoot the video, but I won't be harsh and get into those. You stand by your product and I respect that. But not showing the full process introduces skeptism. That is why you should shoot it my friend!

Best,
RNK
[/quote]

Titanas, I do not think RNK has actually said anything bad about the actual effect. His concern, and mine I admit... Is that we have yet to see an unedited video... Simply show the card being selected, signed , torn and restored... That is all... To many effects skate on showing unedited demo's... People rave over said demos... Then they get bitter when the effect is not what was shown in the original demo... I am not saying that you are doing this... I am simply stating that a lot of confusion could be avoided by simply showing unedited demos...
[/quote]

Very well stated. Sorry, maybe I am not expressing myself correctly. Show an unedited video and this will all be moot.

Best,
RNK
ALex and Titanas's names are enough for me. I'm so in on this!
Zombie Magic,
Thanks for the trust, means a lot.

RNK,
My only concern of adding a full unedited performance is that next you will ask for another one and then for another one and I will end up uploading the full DVD.
So if I upload one full performance will it make you happy?

Best regards,
Titanas
I think the balance of this demo is just right. In fact what editing there is doesn't hide anything contentious that I can think of.

I'm not hugely sold on the slide aspect of this effect, I think most people would be thinking about what was going on behind the card.

However the kicker, that dispels those thoughts, is the joined up card at the end-- particularly the mismade card.

Good stuff IMHO
At 1:53 we see Titanas do the mis-made Slide. That's what really sold me in wanting this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHiegVx2kQo&feature=player_embedded
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jun 29, 2012 02:25PM)
I think Titanas answered fairly, if we begin uploading videos to sutisfy each and every one, we will end up uploading the whole dvd. Your point is taken RNK. I sujest you wait until it is officialy released and people that trust Paul Harris and Titanas buy this and tell you what they think. When we say it took us 3 years in the making we mean it and that happened for a reason. Peace out.
I have seen this over the years in its development process and it has turned into a monster!! I love the new gimmick and how it really makes it easy! I just want to say that first.

Now I will also say openly, I am friends with Titanas, I am friends with De'mon, (how you doing guys??!!?) and I also work for the Merchant of Magic where we have this for Pre Order so by all means disregard anything I have said previously if you like. But I assure you my comments above aren't ime hyping for sales, it is my own opinion free of bias based on what I have seen this routine start out as and what it has now become.

If you feel burned by pre orders by all means don't pre order, no one is forcing your hand, wait for reviews and then judge it. It is simply tere as an option for people who want to, that is all.

I think the demo is fair and let's face it it is not a review video, those will come after the release and I'm sure De'mon and Titanas cannot wait for them.

Good work guys,

Hope to jam with you soon, until then, just think of something you love...!!!

Best,

Ben Williams
Also I shall also point out Titanas is no Dan and Dave with cards at all, are you buddy? Be honest now!! So the fact that he is performing this is a testament to its ease!!!

Ha ha!!

Ben
[quote]RNK,
My only concern of adding a full unedited performance is that next you will ask for another one and then for another one and I will end up uploading the full DVD.
So if I upload one full performance will it make you happy?[/quote]

[quote]P.S: Trust me when I say I would LOVE to shoot a short video with the whole process so you can see how clean and astonishing it is...but then again why should I do that? Just to prove something to you...No sir...No can do...
Peace out!...I think Titanas answered fairly, if we begin uploading videos to sutisfy each and every one, we will end up uploading the whole dvd.[/quote]

OK,
Sorry guys, but that's ridiculous. As far as "fishing for method" goes, we all know there is a "slider gimmick" in play to do the animation of the restoration and that it will have to be put into play and out of play. All RNK and some others were asking for was a demo video that shows a full performance so that they can see what that looks like. The practice that has become commonplace now to show demo videos that are highly edited and/or abbreviated that may not give a true representation of the effect as it performs "in the real world", has a lot of working professional magicians skeptical whenever we see any demo video that does not show a full performance. In this case it's a very reasonable question/request so that we can see what the dirty work looks like fully and how it plays out in the routining and the with the audience. That's not giving away the secrets, it does not show us what the gimmick looks like, how it is used, etc. To dismiss RNK's comments for a full performance demo by stating that will lead to uploading the entire DVD of this product is a cop out. If you have been using this for 2 years in your close-up set, you definitely have the handling and routining worked out and polished. If that's the case, you should be able to show a full performance demo in front of some real spectators so that magicians like RNK, myself and others can see what the routine looks like and decide if the work required will work for them. You obviously have footage in the can of performances of this for "real people", why not just show us a nice clean demo of one of those performances from the beginning of the trick to the end? If it's as clean and user-friendly as you say, it can only boost sales and if it's a bit awkward in the handling, then those who would appreciate knowing that will be grateful for the honesty. Guys, I'm not bashing here, the effect looks promising, I'm just one of the many that are tired of getting jumped on here on the Café when we ask for some demo videos that TRULY represent an effect and all the work, issues, handlings, etc. that come along with it. Good luck with this one, I hope it goes over well in the Magic Community.

Hank
Thank you Hank. Very well put. I wish I could have stated it that way that in the beginning. That's all I am asking.

Best,
RNK
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 14:40, Ray Chelt wrote:
I think the balance of this demo is just right. In fact what editing there is doesn't hide anything contentious that I can think of.

I'm not hugely sold on the slide aspect of this effect, I think most people would be thinking about what was going on behind the card.

However the kicker, that dispels those thoughts, is the joined up card at the end-- particularly the mismade card.

Good stuff IMHO
[/quote]
I agree here Ray. The demo strikes the right balance by showing the effect without laying the method out for all to copy.

The slide action is pretty and the effect is made all the more stronger with a well routined clean up.
Sorry, but as somebody has a strong affinity with Hanks gripes about demos in general I am afraid I don't see it here.

We see the card torn in two.

We see the two pieces joined up. (There could be a swap needed here but I feel to most magi that would be inconsequential)

We see the slide.

We see the the card made whole( and unfortunately Titanas I think there is a bit of a flash there !!)

All the extraneous stuff has been replaced with spectator reactions.

But I think you know precisely what you are getting from this demo.
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 17:20, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-06-29 14:40, Ray Chelt wrote:

Good stuff IMHO
[/quote]
I agree here Ray. The demo strikes the right balance by showing the effect without laying the method out for all to copy.

The slide action is pretty and the effect is made all the more stronger with a well routined clean up.
[/quote]

Heck a time when Jamie and Ray agree.

What are the chances . :)
Everyone sell your house and go fulfill your bucket lists, the end is most definitely near! The 7th sign of the Apoclypse has just occurred right here on the Café...Ray Chelt & Jamie Ferguson have AGREED ON SOMETHING!!! :) :) :)

Seriously though, while I agree that this demo is more "complete" than most of them nowadays, the responses from the creative parties involved were inappropriate to RNK's comments. To infer that it would lead to divulging the entire DVD for the effect or to state that you could easily show a complete demo of the effect from start to finish to illustrate [quote]you can see how clean and astonishing it is[/quote] is BS. If this effect is that clean to get into and to clean up after and you have been performing it for years, then do so. Why wouldn't you want to have such a strong demo? Again, with this particular effect, we all know there is a gimmick involved that gets brought in and rung out. Showing a complete performance would not change that fact or "give away the farm" in any way. What it WOULD do is show us how clean that handling looks when seeing the effect performed.

To me, that's part of the overall effect and an important component to anyone who is considering performing it. I don't want to derail this thread so I won't mention any details, but there is another TNR effect out right now and the creator of that effect chose to leave the "clean-up" portion of the effect completely out of the demo. I was so impressed by the tearing and restoration of the card, how clean and fair it looked, that I bought the effect. The clean-up is something that is hard to justify motivation wise and it should have been shared with poetntial customers of the effect. I personally believe that is exactly why it was left out in the first place.

Again folks, that's just my opinion, which wouldn't sell for $0.99 on EBay, so take from it what you will.
Hmmmm...

I as a magician feel that - if I like an effect - I should be able to create any motivation or motivated actions and whatever misdirection that may be necessary.

If the effect is such that I cannot, I suppose I would think twice before purchasing from that creator again...either because of the low quality of the creation, or my own lack of skill in presenting that creator's magic products.

One might then say, "But how can you know this if you don't see a complete, undedited performance?" Yes, this would help, but in general I tend to side with the creators in not wanting to show everything. If I get burned by someone, I would consider not buying from that person again without knowing more about his/her effect.

So - that is Titanas's track record on his effects? Have his effects been criticized because, once purchased, they are lacking compared to the demos?

I don't know the answer to this question. I've purchase only 2ce from him. I was satisfied both times, but 2ce does not a week make.
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jun 30, 2012 08:30AM)
Astrocity, we did not leave the "clean up" portion out of the demo, there are a lot of clean ups explained in the dvd and we already have shown some in the demo. There is no BS in my words my friend.
Chessman said it clearly enough. You may see Titanas's other releases and understand that whatever he has come out with is no rip-off.
This is my first personal release. Do you think I would be that stupid to scream out how much I trust Slide knowing that this might mark me for the rest of my creative life? The Demo is complete enough for everyone to understand what is it about as Ray put it. Thanks Jamie Ferguson, I couldn't have put it better in words.
Anyway, I insist on waiting for someone who gets it and plays with it for a while to give his opinion.
Take care all!
[quote]
On 2012-06-30 09:30, demonmagic wrote:
Astrocity, we did not leave the "clean up" portion out of the demo, there are a lot of clean ups explained in the dvd and we already have shown some in the demo. There is no BS in my words my friend.
[/quote]
It looks like the clean up in the demo flew right by Astrocity. That means he was fooled badly! :)
I gotta say, the demo looked very fair to me. I mean, I see the clean-up completely, have a good idea of what else might need to be done and, honestly, can imagine the gimmick construction. Of course, I don't have the effect so I can't say for sure, but there were no red flags in what was presented here.
Do people actually read what others say, I mean REALLY read what others say before commenting on their posts?

No where did I ever say that you were not showing "the swap" at the end on a few of the performance snippets in your demo. Please feel free to go back and re-read both of my posts and find where I did so and point it out to me. I referred to another TNR currently being offered by another creator and how he chose to leave the entire ending of the effect, the clean up, out of the demo. I referred to that in reference to the importance of showing a complete effect when presenting it for sale to the magic community. The getting into a gimmick, the actual effect, the clean up, the way it looks to the audience, does the routine and it's physical movements make sense to a spectator...that's what I mean by a complete demo.

De'Mon,
I clearly saw both you and Titanas do your dirty work in several spots on the demo, I'm not quite sure why you think I did not. I referenced your comment to RNK [quote]P.S: Trust me when I say I would LOVE to shoot a short video with the whole process so you can see how clean and astonishing it is...but then again why should I do that? Just to prove something to you...No sir...No can do...
Peace out![/quote]That just struck me as unnecessary and a bit condescending. Again, if that is the case, then why not do so? Many people who have commented on this thread feel the demo shows enough and perhaps for the concensus that may be true. For me, I do a lot of close-up strolling gigs and with an effect like this, it would be good to see the start of the effect, the effect and the end of the effect being performed to spectators. I understand that with some effects that can be an issue because any seasoned magician could simply reverse engineer the effect and perform it without paying for the rights to. With this effect, that would not be the case with a straight up performance of the effect. Most creators and/or companies releasing effects choose not to do that anymore, and sometimes there are ulterior motives in play to hide certain aspects or realities of an effect that may effect sales. Let me be crystal clear here: I AM NOT SAYING THAT IS THE CASE HERE NOR DO I BELIEVE IT TO BE THE CASE HERE. What I'm saying is that we have just come to accept it as standard operating procedure. If creators who could, chose to show a straight up performance in the demo, then maybe it would be harder for the "less savory" ones to hide their effects weaknesses and issues in their demo videos. The fact that we have all developed the mindset that So & So can be trusted so don't worry should be a red flag that there is a problem overall with the way we are being marketed to.

De'Mon & Titanas,
I wish you much success with this effect, it looks promising. I like the mismade card and the use of a business card. I'm a strong advocate of using my business card in effects and leaving them with a souvenir of the "magical moment" that they will keep that just happens to have all my contact info on it. I do that with 1/2 my close-up strolling set. I will be interested to see the reviews come in from some workers here on the Café.
OK. I was finally able to view a full performance video from beginning to end, hiding nothing. I must say, after viewing this video I will purchase this. I was told that the video I saw was only the basic performance and that there are other performance's using Slide that are taught. With that being said, the "move" needed at the end during the basic performance looked very natural to me. I can definately see how "The Slide" will baffle laymen. I am looking forward to this.

Best,
RNK
Thank you so much RNK,
I am very happy you like the full performance.

Best regards,
Titanas
Happy times!
De'Mon and Titanas kindly gave us an interview to discuss the filming for SLIDE, the back story to creating the effect and what it was like working with Paul Harris.

You can read it on the Blog: [url]http://blog.magicshop.co.uk/2012/07/interview-with-slide-creators-demon-and.html[/url]

B.T.W @RNK. I bet Titanas that even when you watched the full performance you would not like SLIDE. I lost the bet and now I have to eat a playing card! Nice! :)
Hahahahahha!!!! nice bet!
[quote]
On 2012-07-03 12:29, Dominic Reyes wrote:

B.T.W @RNK. I bet Titanas that even when you watched the full performance you would not like SLIDE. I lost the bet and now I have to eat a playing card! Nice! :)
[/quote]
That'll make it the 'Ate of Diamonds' then :)
[quote]
De'Mon and Titanas kindly gave us an interview to discuss the filming for SLIDE, the back story to creating the effect and what it was like working with Paul Harris.

You can read it on the Blog: [url]http://blog.magicshop.co.uk/2012/07/interview-with-slide-creators-demon-and.html[/url]

[/quote]

How are we going to have proof that the card was in fact fully consumed???????????
[quote]
On 2012-07-03 15:32, RNK wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

How are we going to have proof that the card was in fact fully consumed???????????
[/quote]

I guess we need a video with the full performance of the eating right???
Just messing with you RNK :)
Lol, that's good!
Go on Dominic, take one for the team and film it for the Café. You could be the new 'Mullica'.
Here you go RNK

I'll warn you - It's not big, it's not clever, and it definitely is not pretty to watch!

[url]http://blog.magicshop.co.uk[/url]

Best wishes
Dominic

P.S I will definitely win the next one!
That was BRILLIANT!!! I can't believe you actually did it. :wow:

Thanks Dominic, you're a real sport.

My order is going in.

:)
Lol
That was amazing Dominic!!!
I laughed so hard I nearly burst my pants!

I love the pepper, a great addition!!

Ha ha ha!!!

Classic!

Ben
A man of his word. Hard to find that characteristic in today's world. Very impressive, did the pepper, or was it salt, help the taste any? I hope so! Lol. After that, I can't wait for the next time!!!!

Very impressive,

RNK
Now if you "restored" the card next morning, that's a "souvenir" that you DON'T want to hang out :D

On topic: Slide looks awesome ! Great job guys !
Dominic:...RESPECT!
Alexnf: Thanks man!
Good news guys :)
We are going to have Slide at the Paul Harris Presents booth at Fism.
If you guys are around, come and say hi and see how Slide looks in flesh.
Best regards,
Titanas
Hey everybody,
after Titanas told me about this in february, I thought, this might be cool, but I never thought it would look THAT GOOD.
after he showed me Slide some time later I was totally blown away! This looks as amazing in person as it does in the demo and the gimmick is really clever! It's something that will let you smile the moment you see it :)
Slide is something I'll definitely use!

Regards

Nico
This looks fantastic very visual well done looking forward to seeing you at Fism.

@ Dominic Awesome ;)

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
Slide has come to Penguin Magic!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2715
HI Guys, I had the chance to look at the effect live and up close, is absolutely brilliant and looks like real magic!
I am not say that because Titanas and De'Mon are dear friends, I really believe in this project and I can tell you that the performance is fantastic and the reactions in real world are amazing.
[quote]
On 2012-07-06 03:27, lucavolpe wrote:
HI Guys, I had the chance to look at the effect live and up close, is absolutely brilliant and looks like real magic!
I am not say that because Titanas and De'Mon are dear friends, I really believe in this project and I can tell you that the performance is fantastic and the reactions in real world are amazing.
[/quote]

sweet!
Thanks guys,
I am very happy with the feedback we get from Slide so far.
Best regards,
Titanas
So sad I couldn't make it to FISM this year...Titanas is there and I think he's got some SLIDES with him ;)
Really enjoyed reading this thread and love the look of SLIDE, however would someone be able to tell me is a Mis-Made Business card would be possible?

Thanks in advance......
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jul 10, 2012 08:09AM)
Hello there!
Love to hear creative ideas about Slide!
It can be done if you are able to design and print mismade business cards by yourself. The principle is there...PM me and I'll help you out
Enjoy!
[quote]
On 2012-07-03 16:28, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Here you go RNK

I'll warn you - It's not big, it's not clever, and it definitely is not pretty to watch!

[url]http://blog.magicshop.co.uk[/url]

Best wishes
Dominic

P.S I will definitely win the next one!
[/quote]

Love the positive spin this thread has taken and love the video of you following through on your bet. Now that's what I call integrity. Kudos all around. Looking forward to some reviews on Slide. Bet of luck, it looks like a great effect.
Can anyone comment on the sound level of the gimmick (if any)?

Thanks,
Rick
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jul 11, 2012 05:22PM)
Do I count if I comment???
there is no sound coming out of the gimmick my friend!
:D
I watched the demo again:

It looks like a trick that would be done on TV with stooges and trick photography. I think people will freak out on this!

I liked the torn matchbook. His holding the lit match as the animation happened was a beautiful touch!
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jul 12, 2012 06:37AM)
Thanks Zombie Magic!
Hi demonmagic. is this trick easy to do for a beginner?
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jul 13, 2012 11:37AM)
Yes, we have included many methods for all levels of magical experience!
Looks cool I must agree. But due to previous experience I'll wait for the user reviews.
I figured out what is compelling about this ( other than the obvious ). It's performed UP. This is what I like about Reed McClintock's "McClintock Twist" as opposed to it's parent, The Asher Twist ( which is beautiful magic ).
Good catch Zombie Magic,
Nothing better than showing your face as much as you can :)
Titanas, it's just something I've heard so many professionals point out. I forget who said it, but it was something like "why are you showing them magic at your crotch? Bring it up to showcase your face".
Hahaha,
This is something David Regal was saying that I was showing off when he reviewed my Fade DVD lol
[quote]
On 2012-07-18 15:15, Titanas wrote:
Hahaha,
This is something David Regal was saying that I was showing off when he reviewed my Fade DVD lol
[/quote]

Lol. Well, to be fair, you'd have had to be a yoga master to accomplish Fade at face level. Not all magic can meet the "bring it up" philosophy. It's just something to keep in mind.

Thanks for releasing something like SLIDE that can allow the performer the option!
My crotch is my best feature. I've got a face made for radio.
[quote]My crotch is my best feature.[/quote]
Thanks D...I just shot the water I was drinking out my nose and all over my keyboard!!! That was a good one!
Penguin says SLIDE is expected to ship on July 25th, 2012.

I keep watching the trailer and how Titanas makes this looks so magical. Having the mismade card 'slide' and then handed out for them to keep would be freaky for them. People have never seen a card torn and restored. The more traditional ways always can be explained that it was switched ( it is ). But this, with a mismade card looks unreal.
This is the big week!
Penguin shipped them today!
Looks awesome, Compliments !

BTW: Was a Pleasure to meet Titanas at the Blackpool Convention. A very nice Guy
[quote]
On 2012-07-25 19:42, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin shipped them today!
[/quote]

Great!!! Reviews will probably start appearing soon :)
Yep, Penguin is great......
Received mine today, haven't even opened it yet!
Mine arrived ( Penguin delivers fast AGAIN!)

Just started watching. Fingers crossed!
Anybody got it and tried it out yet
Has anyone of you opened the package yet? I can not wait for a review as it looks very promising!
It was $55, so this was going to have to be not "just cool". I was up past 2 a.m. Friday night watching and working with the Slide gimmick. I could do it 30 minutes after watching the dvd and working with it. I was just having so much fun doing the various versions, that I stayed up late.

First, this was the best produced DVD I've ever watched. It was beautifully filmed and authored ( something I've never cared about until I watched this VDVD ). The explanations are done silent, while playing beautiful ( baroque? ) music. It's like Mike Ammar's "super learning" sessions done to classical music. Mike felt the music induced a higher learning state. If you don't care for music, you can turn the sound off and miss nothing. But I really liked the music.

I also think it's about the most clever magic product ever put out. This allows, even an average magician, to perform a piece of magic that looks like trick photography done on TV.

Skill level needed: A young person could do the very basic effect as it's not difficult. You can take a playing card, a bill, matchbook or business card out of your wallet and do it.

Angles: If you want to do it "Up" then they can't be behind you ( like with the bill switch and many classics of magic ). But if you brought it down and close to you, then no worries.

Even the routines that would require spectator interaction ( choosing/signing a card ) is no more difficult to execute, but your'e doing more ( they pick a card, sign it, you take it back, etc. ). There are so many possibilities with this little gaff. You can carry it in your wallet or in your pocket. In the wallet makes perfect sense for using a bill or business card.

They show performances and explanations of each effects. They use clear plastic cards in the explanations.

Playing Card Slide ( including a signed version )
Mismade Playing Card Slide
Money Slide
Matchbook Slide
Business Card Slide

Each version has it's own layered teaching options with:
Performance
Gimmick Set Up
Explanation

The matchbook and business card is a performers dream. Mike Ammar has a great torn and restored business card with his showcase wallet. You go to give you business card, but it's the last one and it's torn. He then restores it.

The Slide version version, with that patter, is one of the BEST ways to give away a business card. They will never forget you.

The gimmick is so clever. No reason for it not to last until your long gone. Maybe they'll offer refills so you can set up for multiple effects.

I know $55 is a bit pricey to just hit the order button. But when you see the gimmick, what it can do, you'll be pleased and happy it wasn't $100, because there must have been years of R&D behind this.
What's the reset time? Is there much to ditch at the end of the routine? How much clean up?
Thanks for the review, Zombie. Sounds pretty good. Mine should be arriving tomorrow at work. Can't wait to open the package and see it. Can you answer Vernon's questions next time you're back here? I'm sure that you will!
Bats, I think you will love this. PM me when you get it.

VernonOnCoins, I can answer your questions as I've already performed Slide at the store.

I have it set up for the bill routine. I took the bill out, had two halves, did the Slide, used the wallet, which is already out to ditch. The reset is a matter of having another folded bill and placing the gimmick against it.

The bill gimmick isn't "permanent". You can just remove it and added it to a prepared playing card, matchbook, etc.

The wallet as a ditch method isn't needed. If you're comfortable palming/holding out, go ahead. There is also a very clever ( it's an old tried and true method in magic ) for ditching. They really covered the bases on the dvd to appeal to all skill levels.
Thank you very much for the review, Zombie. I was reticent to get this until I saw a positive review due to the price. But seeing how much you were looking forward to getting and performing this and then learning that you were so pleased with the product, has made up my mind for me. I just feel guilty now for letting you 'risk' your money on my behalf...
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jul 29, 2012 01:06PM)
Thanks a lot zombie magic for your review. I'm so glad you loved slide as much as we do.
[quote]
On 2012-07-29 13:16, r99h wrote:
Thank you very much for the review, Zombie. I was reticent to get this until I saw a positive review due to the price. But seeing how much you were looking forward to getting and performing this and then learning that you were so pleased with the product, has made up my mind for me. I just feel guilty now for letting you 'risk' your money on my behalf...
[/quote]

Don't feel guilty. I wait for reviews myself, letting others take the leap of faith first. The price was a bit of a concern for me. The trailer had me very interested, but those don't always match what you get. If Paul Harris and Titans's names weren't on it, I would have waited. I just had a gut feeling and went with it. I've been lucky lately doing that.

It's actually not a one trick dvd. They could have just done a playing card and waited for others to come up with ideas. I can appreciate the thought that went into this using cards, bills, business cards and matchbooks. So it's very versatile.

And for playing cards, you can use any brand. Now, it comes with 12 red back, mismade, Mandolin playing cards for the mismade slide. But I have an idea to use those even of you use another brand/color(s) back cards.

With the deck of your choice, they select any card ( wink ). Put down the deck and say you have a prediction in your wallet. Take out the prediction and....it matches, but the card is in two halves ( act surprised or whatever your character dictates ). Oh mighty wizard you are, you do the mismade slide and they get to keep the card ( if you like ). It will cost $1 per card if you go that way, so you may want to save the giveaway for a special occasion ( like when you're getting paid;-)

Anyone paying $55, do yourself a great service and take a few minutes to make up a bill and perform it. Just go to a dollar store, or mall or anywhere and show someone. The reaction you'll get from the bill sliding and restoring will make you pleased with the price you paid.

They could have supplied the gimmick, a sloppy, one idea DVD and it still would have been worth the price for me. The amount of thought that they put into this project is amazing. From the multiple ideas, to the beautiful filming and music, this should have been $100.

I've performed it, it works as advertised and I'm keeping this in my wallet. I don't believe ( educated guess ) that you could follow this. "Maybe" with the Haunted Pack or Justin Miller's " Summons".

The only angle to be concerned with is directly behind you. But as I said earlier, if you bring it down and close to you, that's eliminated.
Do you need a wallet to perform this???
Thanks Zombie! I am no longer in doubt and will be getting this! Thanks again!
No wallet is needed to perform Slide. The wallet can be used as a natural way to ditch ( you just took whatever you use out of it ) but if you want to palm, holdout, or ditch ( they give an old standby method for ditching ) you can. For the bill, I liked the wallet. Other may not and can use their favorite method.

I have only made and performed the bill ( use crisps bills, take your time getting the alignment right, etc ). I actually bought this for the mismade card. And it looks great on the demo. But, I think I'm going to stick with the bill and matchbook. I love playing cards, but for some reason, I think the bill and matchbook is stronger. Others can decide for themselves.

As I said, this is actually easy. But I've done the $100 Bill witch since it came out in the 70's ( doesn't use that method;-) and other bill routines ( transpos ) so I was comfortable with this. And I did work with it for many, many hours.

So, you do have to practice. I'm used to waiting a week or month(s) before doing something new. I just found this, for the bill, easy for me. Others may find the card easier, etc. We're all different. And maybe someone will write me saying I'm an idiot and this stinks. lol.

I do know that if Magician X did this at an L&L shoot and it was performance only, he'd get hate mail from around the world as to why it wasn't taught. And then 6 months later it would come out as a single dvd;-)
Thanks for the info, Zombie Magic
New Report ( sorry, but I'm excited about this ).

Did it the mirror. Took it out of the wallet, put the wallet back in my pocket, did the slide and.......ditched the gimmick into the Kaylor U.C.C.U.

So, if that's something you use, it makes a nice ditch area.
[quote]
On 2012-07-29 15:21, Zombie Magic wrote:
So, you do have to practice. I'm used to waiting a week or month(s) before doing something new. I just found this, for the bill, easy for me. Others may find the card easier, etc. We're all different. And maybe someone will write me saying I'm an idiot and this stinks. lol.
[/quote]

"Stitched" was the only thing I can think of that I immediately put into my performing repertoire. I, too, try it out for quite some time before deciding to use an effect. It took me about 5 years to use an invisible deck (the card mechanics just didn't seem to work right for me), and now I use it all the time. Good to hear that this could be a quick one to perform.
OK, new update:

I picked the Bill Slide to learn first and that is actually the most difficult. lol.

The business card is so easy. You really can do it within minutes of understanding the gimmick. Bills, because they are thinner, etc. actually take longer to look good. I mean, the gimmick does the slide right away, but bills just have certain properties about them that card stock doesn't.

So, when you get this, have fun watching the dvd, but do the business card or playing card first. That way you'll see how easy this is. Unless you're OCD like me, wait on the bills after you fall in love with the cards.

It was actually funny when I went to do the business card. I was like, "that's it"?

PLUS: business cards and playing cards are paper, so when you tear them, they are a bit frayed. When you fold them, at the crease they look a bit frayed. That actually helps with the illusion.

Still love the bill, but it will take you longer. Do the cards first.
Thank you Zombie Magic,
I am glad you are having so much fun with Slide.
Best regards,
Titanas
Here in the uk.I saw Dynamo, on his show magician impossible.Doing the same effect with a postcard.Can anyone confirm that was slide.
Got mine yesterday and have been fooling around with the playing card version. Pretty easy, and a clever gimmick.

Haven't seen the Dynamo thing, but it's certainly possible to do with a postcard.
Message: Posted by: magicmarkworldwide (Jul 31, 2012 08:33AM)
Finally I'm back after having my email closed down, and never being able to use it to log in again!

OKAY, just wanted to give my comments on this trick... as it held my interest for a long time, and, arrived yesterday.

It's not often I feel like this, but just want to say, that I think this, is totally awesome. Really,.. I do... from the production values of the DVD, to the trick itself, teaching techniques, and just the IDEA behind it all... I seriously love this trick.

I was fascinated by the trailer, which, in my opinion is one of the most honest, clean and genuine trailers I have seen for years in the magic community. I HAD A STRONG idea of how this worked... and, spent many hours actually trying to CREATE my own gimmick on how I assumed it worked. I ended up spending a lot of money on all sorts of tings, from elastic, to magnets, to metal shim.. and had some success, but it was never that convincing. THE GIMMICK SLIDE USES, is absolutely brilliant. Seriously... it is absolutely wonderful, precision engineered. I REALISE NOW, I COULD NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR have recreated my own! And that is a beautiful feeling....

I really, really, like this trick. Muchos respect to De Mon and Titanas. I am glad to have invested in your idea.
I bought Slide, my decision being made on the feedback Zombie gave. I don't regret it. I can only echo the above posts: The gimmick is of a very high, professional quality and is easy to use; the DVD is very well produced and gives great instruction; the uses for the gimmick are only limited by your creativity; and if I go on I'll be using more cliches than a politician! Thank you to all involved, and thank you once again, Zombie, for taking the plunge and giving us your initial reaction to this amazing utility.
[quote]
On 2012-07-31 13:46, r99h wrote:
I bought Slide, my decision being made on the feedback Zombie gave. I don't regret it. I can only echo the above posts: The gimmick is of a very high, professional quality and is easy to use; the DVD is very well produced and gives great instruction; the uses for the gimmick are only limited by your creativity; and if I go on I'll be using more cliches than a politician! Thank you to all involved, and thank you once again, Zombie, for taking the plunge and giving us your initial reaction to this amazing utility.
[/quote]

I saw my name and got scared!

It really is an amazing little gimmick. I'm going to work on the matchbook this week. There's just something about striking a match and the torn flap stars to move that intrigues me.
Just a heads up that SLIDE is now shipping at http://www.PaulHarrisPresents.com

Remember:
Free Domestic Shipping
$13.45 Flat Rate International up to 4 pounds
$20 Express Domestic
$4 Single DVD to Canada

ORDER ANY TWO PRODUCTS AND RECEIVE A FREE REFILL*
(*choice of SLR Slims, Truly Screwed or Pack of Lies)

Have fun with SLIDE!!!

Joshua Logan
Production Manager
Paul Harris Presents
Ok Dynamo didn't use slide.Youll have to forgive me,i havent had any interest with close up magic for over a decade.I have been doing mentalism all this time.
Dynamo has rekindled my interest.Dynamos routine is something I would like to do with slide.I have just ordered slide from magic tricks uk.
The routine is you have a married/engaged couple with six matching postcards,You talk about the special bond that you can see in the couple.You have them tear the postcards in half.Shuffle them and place them in a row face down.you get the male and the female volunteers to point to one piece of face down card in there rows.When turned over the postcards when put side by side make a complete postcard.Then you could use slide to restore the postcard,dynamo restored them using a diff method.
Then using a classical bit of mentalism,he asks them to think of the person theyd like to send it to.Plus what town they live in etc. He writes what he has picked up.Sure enough when they announce the details it matches whats wrote on the postcard.I don't know how part 1 was achieved ie getting the torn up postcards to match.It can not be oil and water/out of this world.I would use slide when I get it for the restoration.The final part mindreading easy one.Can anyone help me with part one of this routine.please pm me.I look forward to making this routine with slide a miracle.Thanks guys.Looking forward to getting slide from magic tricks.
[quote]
On 2012-07-19 01:29, D Byrd wrote:
My crotch is my best feature. I've got a face made for radio.
[/quote]

LOL!!! D Byrd we are having the same best features! Hahaha!!!

As for the trick, I think is ok,another gimmick that I believe its ok, especially for young beginners that like to show to their friends their new trick. Personally,i like my magic to be as close to the real thing. When I tear a card , I prefer it to look normal, nobody is tearing an everyday card in middle, like in those videos! Only if your fingers are scissors or something! Maybe that's ok for spectator, we always think the magical way but then again people are not stupid! Also I always say that less is more, so I prefer rather than doing the restoration through an animation, to just do separately the restoration and maybe after an animation, an animation that would be very little but it will have much more wonder.
At the end of the day, if you like it you buy it, if not you don't! I think the price is fair and that a magician with average knowledge knows what is he going to recieve. Personally, I would never perform it since there are many other excellent restorations that look more magical.
If you had the effect you would already know that in order to tear the card like that you first fold it in half and crease it well.
Since me and you have issues which go back in time, I hope we keep this thread clean.
If you want to tell me again how much you hate me please feel free to pm me.
Thanks,
Titanas
Titanas,

I honestly have no issues with you! You know how much I love you! You have to finally understand after so many years, that when I write bad comments (and actually this time not so bad) for the effects you put in market, it is not always bad marketing...;) Maybe the opposite...Maybe I am trying to help your sales... Think about it!
Effect is good and price is fair, as I wrote before if you like what you see buy it! My philosopy in magic is to avoid gimmicks as much as I can, especially if I can have the same result without them. that's all! I am just writing my opinion for the videos you uploaded!
Thanks,
Titanas,

I honestly have no issues with you! You know how much I love you! You have to finally understand after so many years, that when I write bad comments (and actually this time not so bad) for the effects you put in market, it is not always bad marketing...;) Maybe the opposite...Maybe I am trying to help your sales... Think about it!
Effect is good and price is fair, as I wrote before if you like what you see buy it! My philosopy in magic is to avoid gimmicks as much as I can, especially if I can have the same result without them. that's all! I am just writing my opinion for the videos you uploaded!
Thanks,
[quote]
On 2012-08-02 16:13, 1908 wrote:
Titanas,

Thanks,
[/quote]

after you wrote this, I will never buy items from you more. I will share this to all friends and news sites.
BIll Malone swore he'd never use gimmicks. And then he saw Michael Skinner perform his Ultimate 3 Card Monte and BIll added it to his working set.

Larry Jennings preferred sleight of hand to using gimmicks. Then Jim Swain performed Capitulating Queens for Larry and Larry added it.

Slide uses a gimmick that allows you to perform magic that can't be accomplished by just sleight of hand. The sliding is magic that makes their eyes bug out. The restoration is just the cherry on top.
[quote]
On 2012-08-02 16:21, gimmickless wrote:
[quote]
Titanas,

Thanks,
[/quote]

after you wrote this, I will never buy items from you more. I will share this to all friends and news sites.
[/quote]

Gimmickless,
I didn't know that 1908 was selling items.
Don't hide behind the facade of commenting on a product just to keep some pathetic feud of yours going. This is a very good product which achieves a fantastic effect.

You wrote, "As for the trick, I think is ok,another gimmick that I believe its ok, especially for young beginners that like to show to their friends their new trick." I find that remark insulting; I am not new to magic (neither, for that matter, am I young). Like you, I prefer not to use gimmicks, preferring instead to use pure sleight of hand. But occasionally an effect comes along which uses a gimmick and which enhances my repertoire. And Slide is such an effect. It entertains and looks amazing.

You wrote, "When I tear a card , I prefer it to look normal, nobody is tearing an everyday card in middle, like in those videos!" There is nothing normal about tearing a playing card, full-stop. Merely doing so causes a reaction from many spectators, which is one of the strengths of doing a T'n'R. As Titanas mentioned, there is nothing unnatural about folding something made of paper or card before tearing it. Therefore the tear looks natural.

You wrote, "Maybe I am trying to help your sales... Think about it!" This is also insulting. There is no way you could ever hope anyone would beleive you are trying to help boost the sales figures of this product.

You should say nothing if you've got nothing productive to say. And d**ning with faint praise is certainly not productive.
Ordered earler today, should be with me in a day or 2...Great Review Zombie Magic!
Ordered this today as well. I will write a small review when I tried it (hopefully <1 week).
[quote]
On 2012-08-02 16:21, gimmickless wrote:
[quote]
Titanas,

Thanks,
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gimmickless, you confused me as well. What am I selling and where? LOL
I love and respect magic and I would never sell crap to make easy bucks. Actually, I only buy magic, used to sell and trade through magiccafe with friends but I have to sell something the last 3-4 years!
I see many new profiles with a couple of posts that like that effect so much...strange!!! Anyway, I do not understand why you only want to hear good comments. Bad comments help us to become better. Titanas, you are from Greece that freedom of speech was born there, why you act like this? Its an open forum and I can say my view, what is all that flustration for?
What I want to say is that if you could cut a woman in half in real, why to use a special box? Same with tear and restore card. If I can use sleight of hand to have the same result and even better, why to use a gimmick? Only if I am a beginner, then that's an excuse. As I said, price is fair, trick is ok, if you like it you buy it! that's all!
"Gimmickless" nice nickname, its funny to have that nickname and like Slide! LOL
[quote]
On 2012-08-03 07:50, 1908 wrote:
I love and respect magic and I would never sell crap to make easy bucks. Actually, I only buy magic, used to sell and trade through magiccafe with friends but I have to sell something the last 3-4 years!
I see many new profiles with a couple of posts that like that effect so much...strange!!! Anyway, I do not understand why you only want to hear good comments. Bad comments help us to become better. Titanas, you are from Greece that freedom of speech was born there, why you act like this? Its an open forum and I can say my view, what is all that flustration for?
[/quote]

Yes, it's an open forum and everybody's entitled to their views. Just be as respectful to other magicians as you are to magic.
[quote]
On 2012-08-03 08:19, r99h wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-08-03 07:50, 1908 wrote:
[/quote]

Yes, it's an open forum and everybody's entitled to their views. Just be as respectful to other magicians as you are to magic.
[/quote]

I am respectful Sir, I have not written at any point something that does not show respect to any magician or creator! In all industries, they hear and the bad reviews or comments and they are using them to get better and better! I do not understand why in magic, whenever a new trick is out, we all have to like it! As I said many many times in my posts above, if you like it then buy it, that does not mean that I have to buy it or I can not say my view! that's it!
By the way, welcome to the Café r99h!
[quote]
On 2012-08-03 09:20, 1908 wrote:
By the way, welcome to the Café r99h!
[/quote]

Thank you!
As far as the tearing of the card, there is no 'natural" way to tear them. Because people don't tear cards. They don't sign them, they don't take them out of their wallet, they don't cut them into 4 piles. People also don't float balls, bills, etc. lol.

And for using gimmicks? BIll Malone saw Michael Skinner perform his Ultimate 3 Card Monte and BIll added it to his working set, even though, a beginner can use that trick. Professionals have open minds about what they'll use and won't use.

Slide isn't a card trick. You don't have to use cards. Bills, matchbooks, business cards, etc. can be used.
Excellent points, Zombie!!!!!
I remember three years ago playing with the first prototype for slide.
It was not until today that I got Slide the way it is now, the gimmick works really smoothly. And the animation looks awesome. Great work you have done here!

Nefesch
You can play this serious ( David Blaine gaze ) or funny. Here's what I did on the weekend.

You know Bizzaro's incredible non-toxic prop? Yep......I used that. Did the glue in the mouth illusion and blew on the matchbook half and then 'stuck' it together. The animation and restore brought it back to serious magic.

You could have match books made with your contact info as a giveaway.

I love this effect. It really gets great reactions.
Not a bad idea, Zombie. An IBM friend of mine recently gave me the glue thing, but I didn't know what to do with it. That seems like a winner. But now I have to start carrying around some Elmo's glue!
I think just getting static from your shirt is what most magi will do ( and it makes sense like when you add static to a bill before animating ). The non-toxic prop is just a fun thing to carry. Magi used to ( maybe still do ) carry a funken ring, but I think the glue has some fun applications for it.
Im having a problem getting the "slide" action to look & feel smooth either with cards, bank notes, buisiness cards. anyone one else having issues with the slide movement?...Maybe I just need more practise
Mike,
Would you like to send me a pm with the problem?
[quote]
On 2012-08-07 16:07, Magicmike221 wrote:
Im having a problem getting the "slide" action to look & feel smooth either with cards, bank notes, buisiness cards. anyone one else having issues with the slide movement?...Maybe I just need more practise
[/quote]

To make it all look fluid to perform, practice is needed ( like any routine ). But the sliding should be smooth right off the bat as there isn't anything to snag it. It could be finger(s) position ( I've got old arthritic claws and have to make adjustments for everything ).

It'll be worth the little time invested when you get that first reaction from someone.
I recently got this on the back off what zombiemagic said, As I was on the fence about it.
But glad I did,,thanks for that as having a lot of fun with this now
David Regal has a trick called Altered States. The card backs are half red/half blue. The refill pack ( $8.50 ) you get You get a 12 Half & Half cards. The cards supplied are Queen of Hearts (4), Four of Clubs (4) and Two of Diamonds (4).

MIght make for an interesting mis-made card presentation.
Great idea Zombie Magic,
Even though the mismade card included with Slide has some different characterstics than the David Regal's mismade cards,
still worth playing with it in order to create a longer routine.
Best regards,
Titanas
[quote]
On 2012-08-07 16:16, Titanas wrote:
Mike,
Would you like to send me a pm with the problem?
[/quote]
Sent a pm
[quote]
On 2012-08-15 08:55, Titanas wrote:
Great idea Zombie Magic,
Even though the mismade card included with Slide has some different characterstics than the David Regal's mismade cards,
Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

The mis-made kings that come with the package are great. Admittedly, I've become a bit "Slide happy" and trying all sorts of stuff.
Thanks, again, Titanas for responding so quickly and completely to my few questions.

Needless to day, Slide is brilliant, the DVD is comprehensive and easy to follow and the performance reactions have been memorable! Basically without any sleights, it's strong and mind-blowing as the card/bill/matchbook restores -- !!!

Nate

On 2012-08-15 08:55, Titanas wrote:
Great idea Zombie Magic,
Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]
The debate about gimmicks on this thread piqued my interest.

It was said "if you could cut a woman in half in real, why to use a special box?" It helps to distinguish between "invisible" and "visible" gimmicks. A box is visible. In this case, however, the gimmick is brought in and out of play "invisibly". It's not as if you need to place the torn card in a plastic container where the magic happens. Therefore, when carried out effectively, there is no distraction or suspicion from the spectators' vantage point.

Also, many magicians prefer to use sleigh-of-hand when the SAME or very similar effect can be achieved. However, I have not yet witnessed a sleight-of-hand method that can animate the card as shown in the demo. If anyone knows a sleight-of-hand method to get the SAME effect please reference it.

This leaves us with one argument that does make sense: if you are a purist who does not believe in using any gimmicks - I respect that. Even if a purist wants to point out a glitch in a gimmick's functioning that makes sense, but to criticize it for it simply BEING a gimmick confuses me. It's analogous to a vegetarian food critic going to a steakhouse. His reviews will always be the same - "I don't know why anyone would eat here, you can get all the protein you need from soy and peanut butter."

After reading the reviews that seem sincere, this looks like it would be worth the investment. My question to those who have it: Would this work well on the trade show floor (aisle-level) to give away business cards? I would need quick reset, and the sales reps on the floor would see me perform this to attendees repeatedly. Tough restrictions.

P.S. Anyone who knows the "sleight-of-hand" method to cut a woman in half, please PM me. Even better if you can send me the magic spell to do it for real.
[quote]
On 2012-08-24 23:17, targetintellect wrote:
My question to those who have it: Would this work well on the trade show floor (aisle-level) to give away business cards? I would need quick reset, and the sales reps on the floor would see me perform this to attendees repeatedly. Tough restrictions.
[/quote]

I have and use Slide. I have been to all sorts of trade shows, but never performed at one, so I couldn't give you a professional/intelligent answer.
You could easily do this at a trade to give out business cards.

You have to prepare the card which takes a few seconds and this could be done at home by doing as many as you like, on the day all you do is grab another card and you are ready to go.

Our stock will be with us early next week see http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-magic/slide-by-demon-and-titanas.html
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Aug 25, 2012 10:13AM)
I didn't read all the posts, but the TnR Paul Harris released before this was the first animated and restored card. Just saying haha. As for this trick it definitely looks good. It would be kind of funny to be able to do this with a piece of gum though it that was possible ;p.
They have the mismade king refills in stock:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14516
Still on the fence with this one....dont seem to be many reviews
King2262,
That's usually a good thing :)

Best regards,
Titanas
Ive had it a week.Very well made gimmick no bits of cardboard here.Not 100 per cent happy wih ditching methods.Have to wait to see if TKO 2.0 will vanish it cleanly.Just my opinion.You do not have to force a card for this to still work.You have to put a definitive crease in the card and its a little floppy when handed back.I think the idea for match books especially if you had some personalised is the best option.I think using a banknote is good but there is a discrepency,that you will need to addres,or use it slightly further away than you would with a card.Just my opinion.
Thank you all for your kind words!

@ Bernardo Rodriguez: Slide is the first SIGNED animated tnr though as the Ad says :D

Enjoy everybody!
Hi guys,

here's my short review:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=481123&forum=109&0

I hope it'll help :)

Cheers

Nikki
NIkki, I use Slide. You did a very accurate review!
Thank you Zombie Magic!
I have this effect and my only comment would be 'watch the angles!'
I have not performed this live as yet but I am very cautious of the angles.
I perform at lot in the streets and I'm not to sure just how much you can
get away with.
How long does it take to put together the gimmick? (Say I walked into a bar that had their own matchbooks and I wanted to do it with one of them.) Is it something I could easily put together in the bathroom? Or does it require a little too much arts and crafts for that?
[quote]
On 2012-09-09 17:02, Magicsquared wrote:
How long does it take to put together the gimmick? (Say I walked into a bar that had their own matchbooks and I wanted to do it with one of them.) Is it something I could easily put together in the bathroom? Or does it require a little too much arts and crafts for that?
[/quote]

You can set this up quite fast, so yes a trip to the bathroom would do it!!
I think one can get tired of 50 'Paul Harris presents' per year
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 08:05, slider_777 wrote:
[/quote]

Speak for yourself.

I think they're averaging less than one a month. And they're producing effects that were created by many different magicians. I don't see any reason why we should cap that number.

Keep them coming PHP.
I performed this for my wife (one of those pesky lay persons who always spots the magicians moves on first look - really erks me cause I ALWAYS miss it...yes I'm a lay magician)

The question she asked was "Why would you restore the card mis matched like that? Surely if you have the ability to restore cards, wouldn't you fix them up properly so you can re use them?

***SIGH***

Should I ban her from ALL my shows? Anyone got an answer I could give her?
Performing for family/friends has its pros and cons. She actually helped you in case anyone, on the off chance, ever raises that question ( or any question about the magic you perform ). Think of answers to the question. Just one example ( that might not fit you )

"well, anyone can restore the card fixed up properly".

"To make it unique, so they remember me".

"My girlfriend likes when it's done this way".
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 08:49, Magicsquared wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-09-10 08:05, slider_777 wrote:
[/quote]

Speak for yourself.

I think they're averaging less than one a month. And they're producing effects that were created by many different magicians. I don't see any reason why we should cap that number.

Keep them coming PHP.
[/quote]

I agree. I may not buy all of them, but Paul is one of the few out their who is producing risky magic. They may not all be winners, but they are all unique, and fresh...exactly what you would expect from Mr. Astonishment.
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Nov 20, 2012 05:24AM)
Quick idea: For those doing gigs at weddings, I ask for a picture of the couple, print it in card stock before the wedding and make a big deal sliding restoration of the photograph for the couple at the end...lines like "just like you two found each other on the 14th of whatever...these two pieces come closer and closer to rejoin...etc" can be used.
Have fun and thank you all for your kind words!
I just received this last week and I think it's wonderful! This is the new way I will be handing out my business cards :)
A review of Slide from Jeff Stone (My Lovely Assistant) can be found here:
http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/3319

Best regards,
Titanas
Well done Perseus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plf25BtHBzY&feature=youtu.be

Best regards,
Titanas
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Jan 22, 2013 07:20PM)
Thanks man,
I hope you guys enjoy this performance of Slide. I know the subs are a bit fast and I'm sorry about that ;)
Well, I got my hands on Slide a few months ago and never gave it a good look. I finally pulled it out and began working with this. I decided to go with the Business Card version. After playing around with it I do like this. The operation and moves with Slide are super easy and very smooth. The set-up is super easy to. I must say, I had trouble going to bed last night as I just wanted to keep doing this in the mirror! My only fear is that Slide looks to magical! Don't know if that's sort of an Oxymoron statement or not???? Anyway, I was concerned about the cleanup because of how magical this looks- I was thinking the specs will at first say to themselves- OK- there has to be an extra piece or something and immediately start scanning me. Then I remembered I have UCCU. I began to giggle inside like a little kid. Those who have Slide and know what's involved in the cleanup- imagine not having to go south or do any misdirection after the restore! Well, that's what UCCU can make happen! I feel that this now will be a beautiful piece of magic. And if you are using a playing card with the deck or something else with the wallet as the DVD suggests, giving you the ability to cleanup easily- I think this is a very nice piece of magic. I am going to have a very good chance to give this a good work out in the next week. I will post back after I give it a go... But my first impressions- Slide is pretty Slick!! I am still a little on the fence regarding the price for this- but my road test will make that decision for me in this upcoming week.

RNK
OK. Just test ran this once and I must say- got a great reaction! I didn't even have the UCCU on me and it still went down very nice. After the initial test with this I can say I am very excited to start using this regularly! Slide has great potential- just keep your angles and hand positions right and you will have a stunning effect. And actually, the angles are pretty darn good with this- you can even postion your hands and use your fingers to increase your angle views! Definitely liking this!

RNK
Hi,

One question - does this effect request any refills if I'm not going to restore a card with one half face up and one half face down?
No refills necessary - it is a reusable gimmick. The only thing that can get used up are the provided "twisted" cards, which you could always make up yourself if you really need it, but I don't really care for that version of the effect anyway...
OK, one more thing - can I show the entire deck to the spectators after performance?
[quote]
On 2013-03-13 05:54, GrzegorzN wrote:
OK, one more thing - can I show the entire deck to the spectators after performance?
[/quote]

Yes....
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Mar 18, 2013 09:27AM)
So glad to hear that RNK is already in the "Slide" sie of magic! I love the UCCU idea!
Keep 'em coming guys!
Have fun with Slide!

Quick Idea: Use slide with every theme by printing on blank card stock. Names of couples, Actors and roles, bands and songs, + and - signs ,talk about magnetism!!!
Dynamo performing SLIDE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiXEZsX-Nfc
How does Dynamo do it!!!!
No cuts or editing too!
I think he might be the real thing yo!
I know Im a little late but I just decided to hop on this bandwagon and received SLIDE yesterday.

The gimmick was sort of what I expected, but not as complexed as the gadget I had imagined in my head. The actual slide gimmick is way better than the gadget I had imagined! When I first looked at it, I thought to myself "that's it, that can't be it?" but that was all it was and I giggled like a little girl and had a jolt of excitement when I watched the DVD my excitement only continued to rise from there. Even as I write this post, I can't wait to go home and "prepare" my gimmick to start practicing it. It seems so difficult but it's really extremely easy to do, very clever method and gimmick great work De'Mon and Titanas I know this will fool laymen as much as it fooled me. I was worried at first that it would be difficult to bring the gimmick in and out of play, but luckily he covers a great handling to execute this. Great work and thank you.

Best,
Brandon