(Close Window)
Topic: Computer Savvy People?
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Jul 14, 2012 12:18AM)
I'm having a really frustrating problem. All of a sudden, I can no longer see any photos on my Facebook, from anyone. I simply get an empty box with a red X in the top left corner. I came to the Café, and the main forum index page has a large white box at the top underneath the logo.

Any idea what's wrong and how I could fix it? Thank you!
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Jul 14, 2012 12:30AM)
Also, this started happening right after I downloaded Flash Player. Could that be something? I uninstalled it and nothing has changed.
That large white box at the top of the Café is where you are supposed to be seeing the Criss Angel promo event that we all received a PM about from Steve.

Can you see your avatar?

Also, after you uninstalled Flash Player did you do a complete shutdown and restart of your computer?
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Jul 14, 2012 12:51AM)
I can see all avatars and the other banner ads on the Café. It's mostly the photos on Facebook... Can't see them at all and I don't know why.
Definitely sounds like a flash problem. Try another browser without upgrading flash. (If you can see the photos in the other browser, then it's almost certainly a flash problem.)

As always, try restarting your system, just to clear out memory gremlins. (That's a term of art.)

If it is a flash problem, unfortunately I don't have any other great advice, except rolling back the new version of flash on your primary browser.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Jul 14, 2012 01:17AM)
I tried downloading Google Chrome and using that... same issue. No photos on Facebook will show up.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Jul 14, 2012 01:21AM)
Weird. Switched back to Internet Explorer and suddenly I can see photos again! Thank you all for your help!
It was most likely a Flash glitch. When you downloaded IE you downloaded a fresh copy of the drivers. It was most likely a virus that caused it. If it happens again, just update your IE drivers. Cheers.