(Close Window)
Topic: Jumbo card routines
I really like Jumbo Card routines, they play big and pack small. I'm looking for additional Jumbo Card routines for my set. I've listed my favorites currently in my repertoire. What are yours and why?

1. Big Prediction by Don Alan
2. Jumbo 52 on 1 Prediction in conjunction with Invisible Deck
3. Jumbo 3 1/2 Clubs Trick
4. Sidewalk Shuffle by Martin Lewis
5. Jumbo B'Wave by Phil Goldstein
6. Jumbo Smart-Ass by Bill Abbott
7. Jumbo 5 Card Opener by Bill Abbott
"Ace Chaser" by Qua-Fiki (Wizards' Journal #21) OR Three Card Trick (with Four Cards) Wizards' Journal #22.

Jumbo Three Little Pigs for kids, Wizards' Journal #16 OR "Jumbo ABC Stung" from Wizards' Journal #21.
Qua-Fiki showed me a new bit he has for his Mesh ID Bag (ID = Invisible Deck)from the Wizards' Journal #23. During the course of selection of a card, he has the spectator enlarge the Invisible Deck so the audience can "see the invisible cards" better. Then he takes out his Mesh ID Bag, but it is too small to hold the newly enlarged cards, so he gives the bag a shake and it grows in size and now he is ready to catch the deck and produce either a pack of store-bought Jumbo ID cards, or use one of his techniques for working with a regular deck of jumbo cards. If anyone who has his Mesh ID Bag wants to know how he does it, e-mail me and I'll explain in more detail.
Two more Jumbo Card Tricks for Qua-Fiki's growing list (he says he is only working with Jumbo cards from now on, since he can't get the hang of palming normal size cards). The two new tricks are "Wild Reindeer Games" and "McFiki's Jumbo Aces", both from The Wizards' Journal #23. Both now have videos on Vimeo.
Aldo Colombini's Jumbo Coincidence.
But it uses jumbo cards cut in half. Dunno if it suits your needs ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifR0RQS-EQc&feature=related

Not the best performance I've seen of this effect though, but it should give you the idea.

mlippo
Plus the ever popular Jumbo Rising Cards and the "Backstage" trick where the Jumbo Card goes under the hand held tray to "vanish".

Julie
I use 2-3 Jumbo Effects at various stage shows but never in the same show I use 1 only...

Harry Anderson Monarch Monte for talking events also

Jumbo McCombical deck Plays huge and is audience Interactive
I use this at Clubs/Private Functions & Corporate Dinners etc..

Below is a Pic -I use Jumbo King Monte to fast catchy music on stage at certain functions

The key to this effect is only changing the queen from 1 end to the other once only
then all cards change to 3 Queens...
Over many years of using this and observing- the audience reaction is strongest using this shorter method..
Cheers Brent
"OVER THE TOP" by Aldo Columbini.Very easy to do and works for adults and kids.
In the 1920s Doc Nixon came up with a clever jumbo monte called "Oh Joker." Now Spellbinder has put his touches on it, and designed new faces for Halloween. He calls his version "Oh Dracula!" It's part of the latest Wizards' Journal #24.
Have a 10 year old jumbo deck that I have not used. I guess I will now.
Dear Nonvpro,

Few years ago I left all my Jumbo rouutines and started developing specially illustrated Maga-Cards routines. I prefare them because of the higher visual impact and the unique story, added to each routine. I would like to invite you to review them at http://www.magical-tales.com
Hope you'll like them.
I just posted about David Solomon's "Color Collision" which I highly reccomend, and another suggestion is Harry Anderson's "Jumbo Marked"
Qua-Fiki is putting up his finishing touches on "Bunny Business" which will soon be released as an e-Book in The Wizards' Journal #25. While he uses Bunny cartoons, there is no reason the images can't be about almost anything at all- puppy dogs, kittens, clowns, super heros, chickens, ducks... you get the idea.
I like the Jumbo sized Split Deck. I've used it for many years.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
[quote]
On 2013-03-14 21:26, Dennis Loomis wrote:
I like the Jumbo sized Split Deck. I've used it for many years.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
[/quote]

Combine a jumbo split deck with a jumbo Comedy Split Deck and you have a powerful kicker finish to a very entertaining routine!

Julie
Ton Onosaka's lucky lady is a great jumbo card effect.
I'm rather fond of Colombini's "Power Aces".
Don Alan's Big Deal
Routines with jumbo cards are usually very visual my favorites.
Out this world
Jumbo Rising Card
Travel cards designed a package to another (Game published in Bascom Jones).
Jumbo Split Desicion
Three card monte
and some other more.
There is a book called Macrocartomagia Spanish author Miguel Aparicio recommend.
Martin Pons!!

Nice to finally see your face.

You are the one who keeps sending me all those emails, even though I repeatedly told you several times not too. How did you ever get my email addresses? Wait, I know how you did, you got it from here on the Café. I have heard from other members here who have told me that they have received emails from you.

When I told you to not send me anymore emails, you refused and began sending 3-4 a day. You began sending them to both my email accounts, harassing me with them everyday. The only way you would of got one of my email addresses was from here. I still get them from you, but they go straight into my junk file.

I will never buy anything from such an unethical person. Steve Brooks needs to know you are using this forum to collect email addresses. If anyone else is getting emails from this guy, he more than likely got your email from here, like he did with mine.
Martin Pons was buying our five dollar e-Books from the Magic Nook and reselling them on e-Bay for ten dollars and up. How's that for unethical as well as a violation of the international copyright laws?
Why am I not surprised.
Check out Devin Knights Jumbo Backstage Monte. This is a fun routine to preform and you even get to show how the trick works with a kicker ending.