(Close Window)
Topic: So, what are you doing for Halloween?
I'm just wondering what my fellow mages and sorceresses are doing (if anything) special for Halloween, regarding bizarre or spirit magic?

I'll start: As my screen nick implies, I'll be hosting a couple of special seances for my friends in which I'll be trying new things that I've been developing. One of which is a variation of "The Seventh Object" that's in Christopher Chelman's book, "Capricornian Tales".

Using my friends' feedback will help me refine the shows' flow and presentations for later.

I'll also do some tarot readings while attending some Halloween parties.

And also just enjoy the season - Happy Halloween to all!

Dave
I'm going to have fun! I'm going to a halloween party at an old mansion here in Coral Gables Florida! I'll have a couple of spooky mentalism routines with me just in case! Boo!

Anabelle :giving:
I will be working backstage at Theatre Macabre's special halloween show. I may also do some line work. My final performance is the night before halloween, so I will be winding down just a bit.

Dave
I'll be doing something really Bizarre, moving the last few boxes into our first house. Scary!
Nando
I'll be spending the night with my wife and her mother (the witch baby - said in all due respect - very nice lady) in Michigan. Like every other year she will give over the reigns of handing out the candy and will cackle with delight as I and my wife scare yet another bunch of munchkin halloweeners.
Doug
I'll be doing something very Bizarre... I'll be working for Radio Disney entertaining thousands of children at a "Malloween" event in Mesa, Arizona. Now if that's not scarey I don't know what is...
:wow:
I'm throwing a party in Lyons Illinois (a small suburb of Chicago but they have paid me a LOT in the past)! If your in the neighborhood stop by. I have 2 tarot readers, a mentalist (me), and a magician. Theres a costume contest, hot bartenders, and a really attractive mentalist! ;)
This weekend, doing the Family Fearfest in Chicago. Local things next week. Halloween, home to fend off and freak out the local chapter of the Lord of the Flies pack of boys that terrorize the neighborhood.

Mark
The ususal Sacrifice a few Virgins, SUmmon a few spirits... OOps I mean hand out candy to little Kiddies.
WR :wow:
Send my kids out the the cold UPSTATE NY weather--rain and snow usually.

Ellen
[quote]
On 2003-10-16 14:13, WR wrote:
The ususal Sacrifice a few Virgins
[/quote]

Now that WOULD be a trick. Like Lewis Black says, "The radical muslims are doing these acts of terrorism to gain 70 virgins when they die, when I haven't met ONE HERE ON EARTH!

LOL! Sadly I concur with his findings.
Doug
Did I mention that I was conducting The Houdini Seance at Excalibur nightclub, one of the most haunted locations in Chicago?

To find out more (and to reserve tickets if you're in the area and over 21), visit my website. :bat: oooo scary!
Performing for a private party in Boston, then shuttling back to NYC for some restaurant work.

BUT -- Did I mention that Neil was conducting The Houdini Seance at Excalibur nightclub, one of the most haunted locations in Chicago?

Wish I could be there.
I will be attending The calling of spirits with the midnite circle, this year!!! It is a private gathering and from my understanding very entertaining. I am looking forward to my first one!

Rest
[quote]
On 2003-10-16 21:08, Necromancer wrote:
Did I mention that I was conducting The Houdini Seance at Excalibur nightclub, one of the most haunted locations in Chicago?

To find out more (and to reserve tickets if you're in the area and over 21), visit my website. :bat: oooo scary!
[/quote]

I'm so tempted to go to this! Neil, I tried to attend your last SAM meeting but could find the place! Oh well, I got a scenic two hour drive around Cabrini Green. How lovely.

I was watching a special on haunted places on TLC, I think. It was the top 10 most haunted places in America. Excalibur nightclub was #2! So if Houdini doesn't show, chances are someone else will! Maybe I'll see you there!
I'll be slaving away on the night shift working for The Man. :mad:
Doses anyone else wear a black arm band FOr Harry's (Eric)death date remeberence?
WR :wow:
I wish I could go to the Seance as well Neil....No such luck :( maybe next year !!!!

I ll be siting outside with my Disecto and taunting the kids who think they are too old to wear costumes......Grrrrrr

For Houdinis remberance I carve a jack o lantern with his face on it ( I hope to get a pic of it this year and have it on my site) With a lil sign under it that says Harry Houdini R.I.P

Mina
I will be performing my first seance, with the help of my sprit guide, Lizzie. We have a makeshift ouija and pendulum, and hope to take our guests on a hellish trip to see the Master!. (just to say hi,)

Wish me luck, I think its ready to scare, ho ho!.

Dave.
Me...I'll be hanging out in the dead center of town. :fear:
I'll be enjoying the festivities here in town. I have a tape fo the last Houdini seance held at the Knickerbocker (sp?) hotel, so I'll probably play that to my class on Halloween. :eek:
Going Deucing with my fellows. I'll be hopefully in the back of a pickup truck or an open-top wrangler winging eggs at helpless trick-or-treater. I'll try to wear my magician outfit with the cape and the top hat. Then running away from cops for vandalism. Upgraded from getting candies. :angelflying:
My friend Tom and I go all out to scare the "you-know-what" out of the members of his neighborhood. Remember, LESS IS MORE! We do not have loud sound effects, or elaborate set-ups (other than our costumes, and subtle lighting). I dress as the Devil (a very extensive make-up job, by the way), and stand at the end of a long walk way leading up to his front door. I am holding the bowl of candy. I am motionless, and making no noise, however they know I am real. Tom is dressed as the Reaper and hiding behind a bush at the beginning of the walk way. Once the kids (and adults) build up the courage, and come to me for the candy, Tom comes out of hiding, and QUIETLY stands about 10 feet behind them. When they turn to leave they are now trapped between us. We never go "RahhhhRR!!!!" or anything, we just let their imaginations run wild. Remember, LESS IS MORE! :devilish:
I'm going to a few regular Halloween parties, an SCA masquerade (and bringing along a few horrifying goodies), but not anything particularly Samhainic.

(...is that even a word...?)
Im going to be Doing 3 performances at Kevin Mccurdies Haunted Mansion http://www.thehauntedmansion.com

This Has been my first big gig, In the past 2 weekends ive performed for almost 2000 people and I'm only 16. WOW I still can hardly believe it.

Jonathan
For the first time in thirteen years I will not be running a haunted house. Instead, I'll be at a bachelor party.
Greetings,

For my namesake, I will be holding a charity seance party. Less will definitely be more as I am recovering from back surgery and barely able to walk around. I do get a cool cane though...

They requested ouija so we'll be doing ouija, table-tipping along with the usual raps I've grown to love.

Funds from this show go to Leukeumia & Lymphoma Society.

Spirited be,
Sam Haine
No performance this year - my partner is heavily pregnant with our second child, and I'm also expecting (albeit a book).

However, we have organised a little party for our son, aged two and three-quarters. He's having an exhibition of his art/music, based around a Hallowe'en theme.

I'm not sure whether to 'do' anything, as most of the guests will be three or there abouts(!) Might have a play with our UV light (lots of my son's pictures are luminous/fluorescent), and see what I come up with.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
So Caleb,

When are the arrival dates?

Mark
Mark,

January 12th for the new baby, but as everyone is born prematurely in my family, then we're kind of expecting a Christmas day birth :).

As for 'The Garden of the Strange', Luke wants to launch it at the Leeds Convention (mid May next year), but it should be ready a fair bit before then.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
Hopefully as Caleb said the book will be done and dusted much before the May convention (In Leeds) but the offical date will be the convention where I will be proudly displaying it on my dealers table along with my new book Building Blocks.

Anyone attending the Leeds convention try an stop by and say hi, be good to see some freindly faces. As for Halloween I will be hosting my now regular Black Rose event. Some may know of it more will not. It is something I do on Halloween and my birthday - kind of a mini show around a dinner table. Friends attend along with magick friends, artists, musicians (if your a punk rock fan - go out and buy the new Feedback albulm which should hit the shops very soon, they are great guys and desereve all the money we can throw at them!) writers, tattooists (I make a point of having new work done on Halloween) and the occasional normal person.

It is always an enjoyable evening nothing like a seance or for that matter any other performances I do but it is nice to do something different on special occasions in this case it is something more for myself than anything. I enjoy watching the performers/artists that attend so for me its a little treat!....the food however well....that's another story....;)

Many Thanks,

Luke Jermay.

PS: Calebs book is more than worth the wait. Trust me.
I'm gunna go and blow up some pumpkins with Roman Candals and Bottle rockets!!!
It's going to be awsome!