(Close Window)
Topic: IPredict Pro is COMING SOON . . .
Hello friends,

We are now working on the next evolution of iPredict.

It's called iPredict Pro.

Normally I wouldn't start talking about any of my new products before it's ready, but this time I really want to know what your opinion is about what we're working on.

Here are a few of the features of iPredict Pro:

* iPredict Pro will be available in the US, UK, Canada, France, Italy and many other countries (but not ALL countries . . . sorry)
* iPredict Pro will only use ONE number. You can choose (on the fly) if that number is YOUR mobile number or another number (that other number is always constant).
* iPredict Pro will cost $99.99
* The service costs $15 to $20 a year (most magicians will be around $15) . . . you can cancel the service ANY time.
* You can customize iPredict Pro to use your voice greeting messages as well as your SMS text reply messages.
* As with iPredict+ you'll have up to 75 outs with a single, motivated touch (I'm working on a way of having MUCH more)
* iPredict Pro will be first available on Android then iOS (Android version should be done within a month)

Here's a typical performance:

As you're talking to a potential client . . .
"Let me leave you my number in an unusual way . . . please dial my number on your phone before we start."

The spectator dials YOUR existing mobile number on their phone.

"This morning I had a strange feeling that I would meet you. I recorded my voicemail greeting about THIS exact moment. Whisper any number between 1 and 50."
"They whisper 49".

"Call my number." You give your phone to the spectator. Your phone rings.
"Decline the call so it goes to voicemail."

Your voicemail then reveals in YOUR OWN VOICE their chosen number!!

The above performance is a simple example of the MANY effects that you'll do with iPredict Pro.

After the performance your spectator (or the object of your affection ;-) ) has YOUR number on their phone.
Also, since they called you, you have their caller ID on your phone.
If you're performing for someone famous, you can ask them to leave a message about how amazing you are.

iPredict Pro is NOT a toy. This is a serious tool for professional magicians that want to promote their services in a very magical way, that USES THEIR phone number.

I would love to hear your thoughts about pricing and features that you'd like to see in this upcoming product.

I can't wait to release this,
Greg Rostami
Sound great! I think professional Apps should charge more like any professional routine and not like an inexpensive iPhone game. Bravo!
Thank you Carl.

As a fellow app developer, your support is appreciated.

Greg
Well, well. Greg! I am sitting here smiling ear-to-ear about this. Yes, $99 is a lot of money for an app, but it sounds like it could be worth it. Very cool thinking! I hope it's avaialable soon.
Greg, I went back and reread this because I am so intrigued. Can you elaborate how a performance would work through SMS? Thanks!
Hi Fred,

Thank you for your interest.

The SMS performance will be performed by asking your spectators to text the psychic (or any other person, other than you).

Hence an SMS performance would be:

"I want you to text my friend Christen . . . but before we begin please input her number on your phone."
Spec enters Christen's number on their phone (BTW this number is ALWAYS the same)

"I want you to text her 'What am I thinking?' but don't hit send yet".
They compose the text message.

"Whisper any card in the deck". They whisper "7 of Clubs"
"Hit send on your phone now".

After a delay of about 20 seconds they get a reply from Christen . . . "You're thinking of the 7 of Clubs!"

I hope that answers your question.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
We are getting closer and closer to releasing iPredict Pro.

Are there any feature requests from my existing iPredict+ customers?
What do you guys think about the price?

Your input can change the way iPredict Pro will end up.

So, If you have ever wanted to have a say in a professional magic app, now is the time to put in your two cents.
Your input will be very much appreciated.

magic on,
Greg Rostami
Greg,

Will this be an update to iPredict+ and all one would need to do is update the app OR will it be a separate purchase?
IPredict Pro will be a separate purchase.

Greg
Message: Posted by: Stephen Kirkegaard (Aug 12, 2012 02:00PM)
Greg, enjoyed meeting you at Magic Live. Have been using iForce and iPredict since they were first released. Would it be possible for the user to customize some of the 75 outs in iPredict Pro in the same way as one can customize the 8 outs of iForce? If so, iPredict Pro would definitely be worth the extra $119 first year investment. If not, options I would wish to purchase on iPredict+ are: the five standard ESP symbols and a sixth infinity symbol (as in Craig Filicetti of ProMystic's MD cube), currency, colours and places (capital cities, countries). Love your work.
Hi Stephen,

The 75 outs of iPredict Pro can be customized.

As far as the per year price, it looks like it's going to be around $15 a year.

ESP symbols, currency, colors, and places can ALL be done with iPredict Pro.

stay tuned,
Greg Rostami
All I can say is...I'M EXCITED FOR THIS!
*** Excited!
That's great!
Thanks for your interest guys.

It looks like the iOS and Android versions are in a race . . . At this point I'm not sure which version will be done first.

This will be the first time I've released an app on both platforms at approximately the same time.

Greg Rostami
Thanks for the update!
As we get closer to the release of iPredict Pro here are a few additional details:

First, iPredict Pro is the result of tremendous research, on a global scale, for a cost effective solution for most of the big countries.

iPredict Pro works by you purchasing a phone number in one of the supported countries (see below).
The cost of that number is $12/year (no taxes). You can cancel at any time.
The cost of using iPredict Pro is $0.01 for every performance. Hence if you perform iPredict Pro 300 times a year that's $3 plus the base $12 which equals $15/year.

The list of supported countries are:

USA - Voice & SMS
Canada - Voice & SMS
United Kingdom - Voice & SMS
Italy - Voice ONLY
Poland - Voice ONLY
Austria - Voice ONLY
Belgium - Voice ONLY
Denmark - Voice ONLY
Finland - Voice ONLY
France - Voice ONLY
Ireland - Voice ONLY
Netherlands - Voice ONLY
Sweden - Voice ONLY

If your country is not on this list, that means that, at the present time, you can not get a local phone number that will support iPredict Pro.
The service that iPredict Pro uses is expanding the countries that they support every day.
So if you don't see your country on this list, it may become available in the future (I'll let you know when it does).

Obviously, you're welcome to purchase a phone in any of the countries that are supported. The only problem is, you or your spectator will be making a long distance call/sms every time you perform iPredict Pro.

The countries that say "Voice ONLY" unfortunately only support voice calls . . . NO SMS.
I'm sorry about that, but I'm limited by what the service provider has made available for these countries.

The reason for these limitations is, EVERY country has a different set of laws for the access of the phone system for voice or SMS.

Let me know what you think. We are getting closer and closer every day.

Greg Rostami
Thank you for the update! This is going to be FANTASTIC! I do have some questions about the phone number that you purchase...will my phone ring like normal with my TRUE number AND with the purchased number? In order for it to ring with the purchased number, will I need to have an app open or will it ring anytime they call it back? Will it only ring if you are on WiFi? Will you be able to pick your area code for this number to match the area you live in?

Sorry for all the questions, but the spectator feeling like this is REALLY YOUR number is what can make this ultra-deceptive.

Thanks!
Hi FredNario,

Your mobile phone will function as it has always . . . nothing will change.
You'll be able to decide if you want your voicemail to be picked up by iPredict Pro or not (you can turn this on and off INSTANTLY).

If you let iPredict Pro's server answer your number's voicemail then anyone can call YOUR mobile number and they will experience the magic.

You will use your NEW purchased number as the number for your friend/psychic . . . this number will NEVER change.

You don't have to have any app open for this to work.

You need a connection to the internet (wi-fi or anything else) to have iPredict Pro set the correct response for the voicemail or text message (the app will give you feedback showing that it made connection to our servers and it succeeded).

You will be able to pick any area code to match the area you live in.

The spectator will know this is your number because they are really calling YOU. If you perform iPredict Pro for a member of the family that has your mobile number on their phone, the trick still works flawlessly.

Please keep in mind that you don't have to change your phone number to use iPredict Pro . . . you are using YOUR EXISTING PHONE NUMBER.

Here's another typical performance . . .

"Hi Mom, I had a dream last night about our family visiting an exotic foreign country."
"My dream was SO vivid that I changed my voicemail when I woke up."
"Here's a list of 30 exotic countries, why don't you point at a country."

Your mom points at Norway . . . "I don't believe it; my dream was REAL . . . Mom, please call my phone".

Your mom calls your mobile phone (she has your number on her speed dial), your phone rings, your mom ignores the call on your phone so it goes to voicemail.

Your voicemail reveals you had a dream about your family traveling to Norway!!

I am very excited to share this with you.
Greg Rostami
I love performing organic magic for people that don't know I do magic.

I just performed iPredict Pro for the cash register girl at our local pho restaurant.

Here's how the performance went:

"My friend Esmeralda (yes; Esmeralda is BACK) is going to open a psychic office. She's doing free readings on the phone. She's REALLY good . . . do you mind helping her by giving her a quick call?"

The girl agreed. The girl had the restaurant's land line phone by her side, so I said "Since she has my number, call her on your phone, so she doesn't think I'm calling."

As I'm writing Esmeralda's number, I pretended that I've forgotten the last three digits. "Hold on, let me look up her number".

iPredict Pro was already running on my phone. I brought my iPhone out of my pocket and turned it on, found Esmeralda's contact, and finished writing the last few digits. I then set my iPhone on the side.

"You're gonna call her in a minute but first, since she does readings from playing cards, write any card you like on the paper, but please don't speak your card".

She wrote "6 of hearts".

I picked up my phone and said "As you can see from her photo, she's a young girl . . . just getting started in this business". I then turned off the phone and put it back in my pocket.

"Call her now . . . When she picks up the phone she'll ask you about your card, and give you the most AMAZING reading you've ever had".

She dialed the digits on her landline phone . . . held the phone to her ear, and when she heard Esmeralda's voicemail reveal her card, she had the STRONGEST reaction that I have EVER seen in my life! I wish I had videoed it.

After her reaction calmed down. She copied Esmeralda's phone number on her phone, so she can call her again."

She then paused for a second and asked "What if you now think of a different card and call her . . . what will happen?"
I said, "Nothing will happen . . . her voicemail isn't gonna change . . . it will still reveal your card."
She then called the number again, and heard the same message . . . which warped her mind even MORE.

I know I made this app, but all I can tell you is, this thing is just TOO MUCH FUN!
Greg Rostami
Question for you...how much time is allotted for each out, i.e., what is the maximum length of the recorded message?

Thanks,

RO
As far as I know, there is NO time limit.

I've never tried really long messages, but I can't think of any reason why there would be a limit.

Since you asked, I'll look into it further.

thank you for your interest,
Greg Rostami
Here's an update to iPredict Pro . . .

The app is done on iOS and almost done on Android. The only thing I have to do is finish the manual. I hope I can get that done this week.
Once the manual is done, I'll submit it to Apple for approval. Hopefully that will take two weeks. So if all goes well, you'll see iPredict Pro on iOS in 3 weeks.

Last week I was in Las Vegas for a trade show (Photoshop World). I performed iPredict Pro for Bob Kohler, Andrei Jikh, Michael James, Patrick Kun and many laymen.

The reactions from both magicians and laymen is amazing. I am VERY happy with the way this product has turned out. I think this is a utility device that's really going to stir your creative juices.

In other news this week . . . iPredict Pro is now going to work in FIVE new countries.

Czech Republic
Greece
Israel
Romania
Switzerland

When I submit the app to Apple, I'll let you all know.

Greg Rostami
Thanks for the reply, Greg. I have a few ideas that I can't wait to play around with once I get my hands on this.
Greg, let know when have a video of iPredict on Youtube. I would love to see it first.

I already have iPredict+.
Will do Dynamike . . .

Thank you for your support of iPredict+.

Greg Rostami
Hello,
will there be a preset "Esmeralda" voice in the buyed language, for example with cards, or have I to do the female recordings myself?

Thanks
Hi,

Esmeralda will be one of the included presets.

Greg Rostami
Ok . . .

A little bad news.

The release of iOS 6 has broken a CRITICAL part of iPredict Pro. We are trying to fix it now.

I'm hoping for a quick fix. I haven't been able to perform it now for 3 days and I'm having SEVERE WITHDRAWAL symptoms.

Greg Rostami
We fixed the problem . . .

Now back to finishing the manual.

I feel SOOO much better now.

I have a few surprise features that I'll reveal at the launch of iPredict Pro.

Greg Rostami
Greg,

Will the Android version be released at the same time as the iOS one?
I want to play!

:)

Glad to hear things are moving forward, Greg!
Yes Rich,

I'm planning on releasing the Android version at the same time as iOS.

Greg
Most excellent. Can't wait!
Hello,
I've read you need an Internet connection. Is the sended command a heavy file like some mb or just a small kb package? Just to know if it will work fast also with a bad non wifi connection.

I hope to see this fantastic app soon!!!!

Thanks
Hi Er1tro,

VERY few bytes are sent up to our servers. The round trip for the data takes less than 2 seconds (the app telling the server what to playback/text, and the server responding that it succeeded in doing so).

If your'e wondering what the delay is for iPredict Pro, my wife got a really bad throat infection over the last week. Hence, I've been taking care of the kids.

Thankfully she's feeling much better now. I'll keep you all posted about the progress of the release of iPredict Pro.

For those of you who are going to Paul Stone's Innovention this week, I'll be lecturing with Bob Kohler on Tuesday morning. I'm sure you've guessed that the topic of my lecture will be iPredict Pro, and all the ways you can use it as a professional magician.

I'll be arriving into Vegas on Monday morning, so if any friends want to meet, I'd love to meet you in person.

hope to see you in Vegas,
Greg Rostami
Thank you for your detailed answer!

''I hope to see this fantastic app soon!!!!'' was just to emphasize that I'm really excited and that I think that it will be a great tool, and not to complain.
Sorry if it could be misunderstood but english is not my first and not even my second language. :)
Hello friends,

As we get closer to the launch of iPredict Pro, I wanted to share the final details.

For those of you who don't know about my previous apps, here's one of the many effects you can do with iPredict Pro:

Let's say you want to leave your number with someone of the opposite sex ;)
For example, her name is Linda . . . she's a tall blonde, wearing a red sweater.

"I'm going to be leaving for a vacation tomorrow. I've already recorded my "going away" message on my voicemail."

"Before I ask you anything, please punch in my mobile number on your phone."

"Here's a list of the cities I was considering for my vacation. Why don't you point at your favorite city."

Let's say she points at London.

"Wow, I can't believe it. You went straight for it. Hit "Send" on your phone and call me."

You give your phone to her, she calls your number, and rejects the call on your phone so it goes to voicemail.

Here's the voicemail:
"Hi, If you're trying to reach me this week, I'll be on vacation. I'm going to be in London, England. So, if you're the tall blonde with the red sweater from my dreams, AND if you like my city, perhaps you should join me. Leave a message after the beep."

You now have her number on your phone, she has your number on her phone, AND a very magical memory of your meeting.

Feature list:

* Works on your iPhone, iPod Touch and Android device
* Your spectators can call or text from THEIR phone!
* You can perform anytime (no need for any props). If you have your phone, you can perform.
* iPredict Pro can never break, run out of batteries, or malfunction. If you can make a call, it works.
* You need to have any access to the internet, either through Wi-Fi or cellular data (3G, 4G, etc.)
* iPredict Pro uses ONE number. You can hand out this number before you begin.
* You can choose (on the fly) if that number is YOUR mobile number or another number.
* If you perform with YOUR number, when your specs call you, THEY will reject the call to voicemail.
* After you leave, if your spectators call you again, the voicemail will reveal their selection (even if your phone is OFF!!)
* Since iPredict Pro uses a voicemail server, you can have ALL of your spectators call you at the SAME TIME!
* There will be three canned responses (cards, numbers and a 3rd secret preset).
* The canned responses will let you perform instantly without having to record your own custom messages.
* With iPredict Pro, any contact from your contact list can be your Mr. Wizard, psychic, etc.
* You can customize iPredict Pro to use your voice greeting messages as well as your SMS text reply messages.
* Your custom voicemail greeting has three parts . . . Pre recording + One of 75 outs + Post recording. (See Below)
* The service costs $1/month + $0.01/performance . . . you can cancel the service ANY time.
* Your custom greetings can be recorded from ANY phone. You can have anyone, anywhere make custom recordings for you.
* You'll have up to 75 outs with a single, motivated touch (I'm working on a way of having MUCH more)
* iPredict Pro will cost $99.99 (introductory price)

* iPredict Pro will be available in USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Poland, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Czech Republic, Greece, Israel, Romania, Switzerland
* More countries coming soon . . .

As you can see from the above features, EVERY aspect of iPredict Pro seems real because it IS real.

Your spectators are REALLY calling your number, and they are REALLY rejecting that call so it goes to YOUR voicemail.

I would like to further elaborate on a few of the above features:

Your custom greetings are composed of three parts, Pre + 1/75 outs + Post.

Pre Recording: In the example above the pre recording was:
"Hi, If you're trying to reach me this week, I'll be on vacation."

1/75 Outs: These are your recording that reveal the magic variable. In the above example I had recorded 20 cities. From the above example:
"I'm going to be in London, England."

Post Recording: When I met Linda, I excused myself to the bathroom and recorded a post recording that said:
"So, if you're the tall blonde with the red sweater from my dreams, AND if you like my city, perhaps you should join me. Leave a message after the beep."

Notice how, on the fly, you've created a custom greeting that is relevant to that moment . . . This is BY FAR, my favorite feature of iPredict Pro.

You can have anyone, with any phone, create your custom greetings. I have a preset called "Magic Mike's Pizza". I had my buddy Mark, spend 10 minutes recording a dozen voicemail greetings that reveal different pizzas. I then do a performance where the spectator can guess Magic Mike's special pizza of the day.

I have already sold many copies of iPredict Pro to some of the top names in magic. The response has been AMAZING. I'll have some quotes for you soon.

If you're interested in a pre release version of iPredict Pro please PM me.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Sounds awesome Greg.

Best
Myke
Thank you Myke,

Paul Vigil showed me your app, and I think your app is awesome too.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Do we have a final price for the app? With the yearly cost(even though they are so low) and the per performance cost(again recognizedly low) I hesitate to spend $99. $50 dollars I'd be in, and probably all the way up to $75. But $100 is a bit much since there are also continued costs. Costs which I'm sure I'll be paying for years to come knowing how good your apps are. If you keep it $99 I'm sure I'll break down and get it eventually, good magic is always hard to say no too regardless of costs. But just wanted to throw some feedback your way.
Thank you Greg, that's very kind of you to say that.

kindest Regards
Myke
And a performance video beforehand is almost a must for most to consider $99. Hopefully soon.
If anyone wants to see a live performance of iPredict Pro, you can simply Skype me at:

gregrostami

See you in Skype land.
Greg Rostami
Greg,

Great way to work it!

All,

Have your $99 in hand when you skype him.

Best,

V
Thank you Paul,

Thank you for your support of iPredict Pro.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how your clever mind is going to use iPredict Pro.

take care buddy,
Greg Rostami
What about existing customers who have iPredict+ and ios 6? It wot work with it, can we expect an update so it doesn't go to waste? I loved performing it :(

Micheal
We have already submitted an iOS 6 / iPhone 5 friendly version of iPredict+ to Apple.

It should be approved any day now.

Please keep in mind that iPredict+ is not going away. It will continue to exist. It was designed for the masses.

iPredict Pro on the other hand is a completely different app, that uses a different technology (even though the method is the same as iPredict+). Pro was designed for the professional magician. Hence the price of $99.99

Greg Rostami
And may be the best $99 you've ever spent!

Just about everyone I show it to asks where to sign up.

It's that good!

I really wish no one else knew about this, but Greg is such a great guy I want to support him, and his superb creations, in any way I possibly can.

Give it the skype test for yourself; what do you have to lose? Go Team Rostami!
BTW . . . If you're one of my existing iPredict+ customers . . .

The latest version of iPredict+ is now available for download.

The latest version is compatible with iOS6 as well as the new Retina display of the iPhone 5.

Sorry if this version was a little behind schedule. We've been so busy with so many apps.

Magic on . . .
Greg Rostami
Whats the ETA on the pro version?
Hi michealmachek,

iPredict Pro is already done. The only hold up now is the manual (which I have to finish).

The folks that have purchased the pre-release can tell you that everything works.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving on a 2 week business trip. While I'm away, I'll do my best to finish the manual and submit iPredict Pro to Apple for approval.

Also, my partner Randy is on a vacation this week as well.

So, the good news is, if you want it this week, I can get you a pre-release copy. The bad news is it's probably gonna be 2 weeks before the official version becomes available.

Greg Rostami
[quote]
On 2012-10-09 16:06, Nigromante wrote:
Do we have a final price for the app? With the yearly cost(even though they are so low) and the per performance cost(again recognizedly low) I hesitate to spend $99. $50 dollars I'd be in, and probably all the way up to $75. But $100 is a bit much since there are also continued costs. Costs which I'm sure I'll be paying for years to come knowing how good your apps are. If you keep it $99 I'm sure I'll break down and get it eventually, good magic is always hard to say no too regardless of costs. But just wanted to throw some feedback your way.
[/quote]
Hi Nigromante,

Sorry about my late reply.
I had not read your post.

Yes, the introductory price is $99.99. That price is never going to come down.

iPredict Pro was designed for the professional magician that demands the BEST.

It was also priced high to keep it out of the hands of the curious.
Both of my other apps (iForce and iPredict+) were designed for the masses. This was not.

If you ask any of my existing customers, they will attest that $99.99 is a STEAL for such an incredible utility.

take care buddy,
Greg Rostami
Hello,

I have this app since a few weeks and it's amazing!

I'm not an expert with computers or cell phones, so I was a little bit afraid to do something wrong with the installation of the prerelease copy, but it's so easy with the instructions that you get.

The first days, when I was going to bed, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about all the possibilities to use this app!

There are so many effects that are possible and so it would be nice, maybe after a few week from the official release, to have access to a private forum were you can share thought about this tool. But it's just an idea :)
Hi Er1tro,

I'm glad you're enjoying iPredict Pro. I think having a private forum is a great idea. I'll look into setting up something like that.

You're gonna have to tell me how it's working for you in Italy.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Is this out yet then? I can't find it :(
No David,

iPredict Pro is not out yet.

In the last month we have submitted THREE apps to the app store for approval . . . ALL of them are having some sort of problems being accepted.

I'll let you know when iPredict Pro is available for purchase.

I wish I could control Apple's approval process.
Greg Rostami
Ok thanks Greg.

Er1tro's post made me think it was out as he said he has been using it.

I look forward to its release.
Hi David,

You can purchase a pre-release copy of iPredict Pro. As I've said in a previous post some really big names in magic have already purchased the pre-release copy of iPredict Pro and are using it.

Let me know if you're interested.
Greg Rostami
Hi Greg,

Really interested in this, just a couple of quick questions!

Once this has been purchased, will it transfer to your new phone of you upgrade? Also, I currently have an android phone, if I were to change to an iPhone in the future would I be able to transfer this over?

I live in the UK, so it's great to see that ipredict pro will have full functionality here! Aside from this, what are the key benefits of ipredict pro vs ipredict + (in other words why spend $99 rather than$3!)

Thanks very much!

Paul
Hi Paul,

There's no official way of transferring a purchase from iOS to Android. I'll have to examine that on a case by case bases . . . but I'm sure I can work something out for you.

Obviously, if you upgrade within the iOS or Android markets then there's no charge when you get a new device.

Here's a list of things that iPredict Pro does that iPredict+ does not:

* You need to have any access to the internet, either through Wi-Fi or cellular data (3G, 4G, etc.) - iPredict+ didn't have to access the internet or have telephone service
* iPredict Pro uses ONE number. You can hand out this number before you begin. - iPredict+ used 53 different phone numbers, hence you couldn't show the number BEFORE a selection.
* You can choose (on the fly) if that number is YOUR mobile number or another number.
* If you perform with YOUR number, when your specs call you, THEY will reject the call to voicemail.
* After you leave, if your spectators call you again, the voicemail will reveal their selection (even if your phone is OFF!!)
* Since iPredict Pro uses a voicemail server, you can have ALL of your spectators call you at the SAME TIME!
* With iPredict Pro, any contact from your contact list can be your Mr. Wizard, psychic, etc.
* You can customize iPredict Pro to use your voice greeting messages as well as your SMS text reply messages. - This is THE BIG ONE. iPredict+ didn't let you customize your own responses.
* Your custom voicemail greeting has three parts . . . Pre recording + One of 75 outs + Post recording.
* The service costs $1/month + $0.01/performance . . . you can cancel the service ANY time. - iPredict+ costs nothing to run after you purchase it.
* Your custom greetings can be recorded from ANY phone. You can have anyone, anywhere make custom recordings for you.
* iPredict Pro will cost $99.99 (introductory price)
* iPredict Pro will be available in USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Poland, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Czech Republic, Greece, Israel, Romania, Switzerland
* More countries coming soon . . .

If you decide to purchase a pre-release copy of iPredict Pro, when the app is officially released, you'll get a free code in your email that will allow you to download the official release for free.

I hope that answers your questions. Feel free to Skype me at gregrostami if you want to see a personal demo of iPredict Pro.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
That's great, thanks very much Greg!
Here's an update to the progress of iPredict Pro.

I'm VERY happy to announce that the list of supported countries grows every month.

Here's the complete list of supported countries:

USA, UK, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland

If you're interested in iPredict Pro and you don't see your country on that list PLEASE let me know.

Don't forget if you have any questions or if you want to see a live performance, skype me at:
gregrostami

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Greg, will the Android version be available for purchase at MindVention?

John
I'm working on that right now as we speak.

I hope so . . .

Greg Rostami
Here' s the moment that my Android friends have been waiting for,

YES, the Android version of iPredict Pro has been released before the iOS version.

The instruction manual is still not done yet (it currently has the manual from iPredict+).
But everything in the app works perfectly.

If you purchase the app, please email me at:
grostami@gmail.com
to get your complete instructions for iPredict Pro.

I just submitted the app 5 minutes ago, so it's probably gonna take a few hours before the World will see iPredict Pro for sale on every supported Android device in the Google Play store.

Once the app page becomes visible, I'll post a link on this thread.

Thank you all for your patience.
I can't wait to see all the amazing effects that you'll create with iPredict Pro.

Greg Rostami
IPredict Pro is now available on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rostamimagic.ipredict.pro.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yb3N0YW1pbWFnaWMuaXByZWRpY3QucHJvLmFuZHJvaWQiXQ..

YEAH!!!
Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

I'll be lecturing on Penguin Live Online this Sunday Dec. 9th at 7:00 PM Eastern.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3032

If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to showcase iPredict Pro at this lecture. I'll let you know more about that as the date gets closer.

It's truly an honor to be in the company of some of the World's most famous magicians who have lectured on Penguin.

I can't wait!
Greg Rostami
YES,

I WILL be showcasing iPredict Pro on my lecture tomorrow (Sunday Dec. 9th at 7:00 PM Eastern) on Penguin Live.

For those of you who have been curious about exactly what the effect of iPredict Pro is or the method, this is going to be an intense look into what we've been working on for the last THREE years.

Even if you don't like app magic, I have some amazing non-app surprises in store for you.

hope to see you at the lecture,
Greg Rostami

P.S. We have been PATIENTLY waiting for Apple to approve iPredict Pro. It should be any day now. iPredict Pro is already available on Google Play for Android devices.
I just got a call from someone at APPLE!!

They wanted to tell me why iPredict Pro had been rejected and what I can do to have it approved.

The good news is it's REALLY EASY fixing the issues they had for the rejection.

The slight bad news is you're gonna have to wait just a little longer before iPredict Pro is officially on sale on the iPhone App Store.

I asked the guy from Apple how long it would be after we made these changes. He said it would be instant.

I hope this means iPredict Pro will be available sometime this week.

Keeping my fingers crossed,
Greg Rostami
Can't wait Greg. Not gonna lie, I've been diligently checking here and the app store each night to see when it goes live.
Well worth the wait!!!!!

I purchased the prerelease about three weeks ago, initially I had some problems getting it on my phone (because it is a prerelease)........Hats off to Greg
though, a few skype calls with Greg and all was sorted...........or so we both thought lol....... turns out the service provider that I use in the UK, does not offer the one thing that is fundamental to making ipredict pro such a fantastic app. Greg was as puzzled as myself, but again came up with a solution that works a treat. I doubt very much
that others will have the same issue, unless you are in the UK and have this particular service provider (completely out of Greg's control though, but the solution Greg came
up with is great).

Greg it has been a pleasure doing business with you, I have enjoyed our chats and 'watching you juggle the baby' lol.

Hope you manage to persuade Randi to incorporate the additional triggering method I suggested to you..... really would take predict pro to yet another level and rule out
the use of any iphone app at all (in my humble opinion).

Regards,

Ian.
This sounds ultimate! I am on to this!
Great lecture on penguin Greg!

How you use iforce in the powerball 6000 effect is fantastic!

I'm never been a big fan of the "out of this world" card magic plot, but your version is amazing! It passed the "skeptic girl friend test" with a comment like "it's one of the strongest effects you have ever done with cards"; and, trust me, it's a really big compliment because it's skeptic girl friend saying it
!
Hi Er1tro,

Thank you for your support of my lecture. To give credit where credit is due, Powerball 6000 was inspired by the GENIUS post of CRshelton.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=344860&forum=273

I'm so glad to hear you're having fun with Cosmos2. I can't believe how quickly you're up and running with the effect.
If it passed the "skeptic girl friend test" then it must be good. ;)

It's one of the strongest pieces of card magic you can do that requires NO sleight of hand.

Magic On brother,
Greg Rostami
BTW . . .

For those of you waiting for iPredict Pro on the iPhone.

It was rejected AGAIN!!! :(

This time it was ALL Apple's fault. If they respond to their mistake, then iPredict Pro should be available in the next two days.

praying at my shrine to Steve Jobs for a quick approval,
Greg Rostami
Haha.. Good to hear! I got my emails from Apple with the shut down dates on the app store so I was hoping it would get in there before the holiday breaks...
Hi MAOmagic,

I HOPE it gets approved before the iTunes app submission holiday shut down (Dec. 21st).

Also . . .

If you haven't seen it yet, I HIGHLY recommend you check out this thread on the Café about the latest release from Bill Perkins:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=493365&forum=275&3

Bill has created the ULTIMATE mind reading routine . . . and it works MUCH better with iPredict Pro.

Rostami
Hey fellow magi, just wanted to give a quick review of IpredictPro

First off, my dealings with Greg have been Awesome! Professional, and Unbelievable customer service ,

I bought the Pre release copy and had needed some help, and Greg delivered .

I have bought this effect on the basis of the custom recordings ,
in your own voice is such nice touch.

The effect is so organic it's Crazy,

I literally have to many ideas and don't know where to start.

I have thought of a time traveling theme, where you travel to the past and leave a message for your future selves.

or a pre recorded Psychic reading that cleverly let's them name any day of the year.

I haven't performed the for the lay folk yet but, my close friends love it,

wife test passed with flying colors , no idea it was an App( and she owns an IPhone )

I will road test this soon and get some real world feedback and get back to you guys.

cheers
Derek
Thank you so much Derek for that review.

If you have any other questions about iPredict Pro, you've got my number.

I've been waiting all day today for Apple to approve iPredict Pro, but it didn't happen.

Which means they are going to be closed for 7 days until they reopen on Dec. 28th.

For those of you who are waiting for the release of iPredict Pro, I am so sorry about these delays. I REALLY wish I could do something about it. But I'm afraid I can't.

The reason why Apple has been rejecting iPredict Pro is because we are using an analytics tool that we have used TWICE before with Dead Magician and iPredict+.
For BOTH of those apps Apple never raised a concern. But, because iPredict Pro is $100 they are being REALLY strict about ALL the rules.

I wish I had better news guys,
Greg Rostami
They are still accepting updates and releases today, aren't they Greg? It's after tonight they stop. Either way, probably won't get pushed through if they haven't before today anyway. Fingers crossed we get a lil lucky. If not, guess I'll be buying it after the holidays.
I was lucky enough to get ahold of this app as a prerelease purchase from Greg a few weeks ago. I would have left a review sooner but to be honest, I have been too busy having fun performing iPredict Pro and coming up with new ideas to have time! It slays laypeople and if you know a magician who is familar with iPredict +, get ready to be asked "Wait! How in the world did you do THAT?!"

I have experimented with different ideas and revelelations and I get new ideas everyday. If you don't have this already, don't hesitate to go out on a limb and get it. So many possibilities! The best part is, after the performance is complete, you now have the spectator's phone # and they have yours...because they actually call your REAL #, on your phone, with your voice! Potential clients now have your # on their phone and vice versa. Get you some! (I can't wait to show this off at Magi-Fest next month!)
Yeahhhh! Magi-Fest! Can't wait!
Here are a few performances of iPredict Pro and Bill Perkins' DIALED!
http://youtu.be/iuDkU_5tJkw

I've been having SO MUCH fun this holiday season freaking people out with this potent mixture.

As I've said in my previous posts if you curious about how I can read people's phone numbers PM me or email me at:
grostami@gmail.com

Merry Christmas,
Greg Rostami
If you're wondering what the iPredict Pro performance looked like here's a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAV9x9cpWMw

This is what I did BEFORE I did DIALED!

Keep Bangin,
Rostami
Any update on the iPhone version?
I just got a call from Apple this morning.

They asked me to make a minor adjustment to the app description.

I think it'll be approved today (FINGERS CROSSED) .

Rostami
People, you need to get this app! If you want to blow your spectators away with not only something very magical but also mysterious and mind boggling, this is the thing to get. I've been slaying laypeople AND magicians with this for well over a month now. If you like iPredict+, you will fall in love with iPredict Pro.
Hello friends,

I got some good news and some bad news.

First the bad news . . .

Even though I spoke to someone at Apple three days ago, AND they told me it would be approved . . . it's still not approved.
I called him again asking when I would find out if it has been accepted or rejected and he said "There's no ETA". :mad:

Now for the good news . . .

For my existing customers of iPredict Pro.
You can now customize your SMS text responses!!

Using any browser (except Chrome on Mac; we have NO idea why Chrome doesn't work) go to:

https://ipredict-pro.appspot.com/

When you input your Twilio number, it will take you to a page where you can customize ALL 75 text message responses. This includes the messages where the psychic snubs you.

To perform with these text responses, just make sure you have selected the "Custom" preset.

If you're using the Android version of iPredict Pro, you should see a new version on your device any minute now.

In this version you can:
Go to Settings > Preset > Custom > Details > "Customize SMS responses"

Within the app you'll be able to change the SMS responses without having to type your Twilio number.

If you're using the iPhone version, simply go to the URL above using Safari on your iPhone, and you'll be able to do the same thing (you'll just have to enter your Twilio number).

Let me know what you think of this.
Greg Rostami
Greg,

This is AMAZING! Simply put, amazing!
Thank you FredNario (Randy),

We just added ONE more feature to customizing your SMS/text messages.

When you log into:

You'll notice a new field called:
PRE/POST Messages

Here you can customize the pre and post text that your spectator will receive on their phone.
This is exactly like the pre and post recording feature in the audio voicemail recordings.

Hence, your psychic's text message response can now be . . .
"Hi, I don't recognize your number. I feel you're thinking of the queen of clubs. It's odd but, ALL brunettes from NY think of this card."

This is a VERY custom prediction for your spectator (since she IS a brunettes from NY).

All you have to do to make this happen is, pretend you're answering a text message and type in the Post message:
" It's odd but, ALL brunettes from NY think of this card."

Notice the space at the beginning of the above line.

This opens up a WHOLE new world of performance possibilities!

enjoy,
Greg Rostami
Just bought it yesterday I'm thrilled!!
combine it with white room and its a killer!
Here's the latest update about iPredict Pro on the iPhone.

Richard from Apple called me yesterday to tell me the app was rejected again.

This time it's because the app simulates the contacts app, and that's not allowed.

What's funny is the fact that it simulates the contacts app is the FIRST thing they see when they launch it. So you would think they would have told me that TWO months ago.

Furthermore, iPredict+ also simulates the contacts app, and as you know, iPredict+ has been approved TEN times over the last TWO years!

But wait, THERE'S MORE!
Richard said Apple only allows magic apps that simulate the springboard (home screens).

So I sent them an email with a BUNCH of apps that simulate parts of the iPhone other than the springboard.

There response was, "We will contact those app developers and ask them to STOP doing that."

Soooo, does that mean that ALL organic magic apps will be pulled from the app store unless they comply?

So after THREE years of research and THOUSANDS of dollars payed to two developers, I'm left with NOTHING.

Now, this doesn't mean I'm gonna stop fighting.
I'm really getting tired of fighting Apple when the Android version has been available for purchase for 1.5 months.

We have a few ideas as to how to make the app look different so that it'll be accepted.

Folks, if any of you have any pull with Apple or the media, please help me.

Greg Rostami
That's crazy Greg! Idk how they have let iPredict, and iPredict+ in for so long and all the sudden it is not allowed. I hope you keep fighting! We've all been waiting so long to be able to get this! Besides all the time, money, and effort you have sunk into this.
That's crazy Greg! Idk how they have let iPredict, and iPredict+ in for so long and all the sudden it is not allowed. I hope you keep fighting! We've all been waiting so long to be able to get this! Besides all the time, money, and effort you have sunk into this.
I guess the other option is to go the jailbreak route and sell it through cydia. I must admit Apple are gradually losing more of their market share to Android by not allowing people to customise their phones and deciding what software we can have on our phones without good reason. Before long android will be the only choice for magicians.
Greg have you tried escalating your appeal to the app review board?
Greg, I'm assuming you might have emailed or messaged David Pogue, who is one of your fans.
Hi Mark,
They told me escalating it to the app review board wouldn't do me any good. We're working on a solution now. If they reject this one, then I don't know what to do.

Hi bugjack,
I did email David Pogue. He has not responded to me. I also emailed Victor Agreda Jr. of TUAW.
Victor was the one that broke the story about Chris Kenner's Rising Card back in 2009. I haven't heard from him either.

Surprisingly, both David Pogue and Victor Agreda are magicians.

I spoke to Kelly today from Apple. They told me she's the manager of the guys that I've been talking to.

When I asked her about all of the inconsistencies of the app review process regarding iPredict Pro, she told me that Apple doesn't have to give a reason why a rule or a law is what it is.
She said "We don't have to justify anything."

There's something REALLY weird going on.
I've talked to a fellow app developer (who is now VERY wealthy because of his apps) and he told me that what Apple is doing to me doesn't make any sense.

I hope our next submission will go through.

Greg Rostami
Hi Greg,

I feel your frustration my friend, Salah and I tried and fought so hard to get iUnlockYourMind approved but they are just not having any of it. They said that, because it mimics the lock screen exactly, the performer will get confused as to which is the real and the fake screen, I mean seriously come on!

It also seems that, for some reason, other Magicians/Developers, who's apps mimic features we are mimicking in our app and have had their apps approved are not responding to the help we are asking for. I don't know why this is.

Max Krause has been very helpful and passionate about helping other Magicians/Developers get their apps approved, we chatted at length about what to do.

Here is something that you can try, if you haven't done yet already.

You need to have a list of fake screens, default being the main one you want people to use, but you need to be able to customise the various features, such as text size, change the squares to triangles, circles etc. and the font size, if these are made as user customisable apple shouldn't reject the app as it no longer infringes on their copyright as it is just one of many fake screens....hope this makes sense mate

I sincerely hope you get your app approved soon Greg.

Kindest Regards
Myke
[quote]
On 2013-01-16 00:42, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Mark,
They told me escalating it to the app review board wouldn't do me any good. We're working on a solution now. If they reject this one, then I don't know what to do.
[/quote]
They would say that because if you escalate it and it goes through it proves they were wrong and nobody likes to be proven wrong. I have heard of many people being told this only to have it instantly approved by the review board. I guess it may not do you any good but neither will it do you any harm and at least it will be seen by fresh eyes that reverse the original decisions on a daily basis and so will have no axe to grind with your app. The app store "rules" are open to interpretation which is why ipredict + got through and all those other apps were approved while pro was rejected. The reviewers peers and manager are going to close ranks because that is human nature just as my boss will protect me publicly (while tearing me a new arse privately) when I screw up. The review board on the other hand will make their own judgement on whether your app is approvable.

Mark
Hi Myke,

Thank you for your recommendations. I feel your pain brother.
It's a very helpless feeling when you ask, "why are you rejecting me?", and they respond, "we don't have to justify our actions."

Hi Mark,

I totally agree with you. We are going to submit a new version of iPredict Pro today. If we have any further delays, then I will definitely escalate the matter in every way you can imagine.

I'll let you all know how things progress.
Greg
Good luck, Greg. Another person you might try is Lex Friedman at Macworld -- another magician.
Greg, good luck! I can only imagine how frustrating this might be. Apple's handling of this is perplexing, to say the least.

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
Hi friends,

We submitted a new version of iPredict Pro two nights ago.

We did everything in our power to comply with what Apple wanted.

Let's hope for the best,
Greg Rostami
Even though this is currently out of my price range I hope it gets approved and is hugely successful. It appears to be an awesome app. Iforce is currently my favourite app.
Fingers crossed Greg. I was really looking forward to taking this and showing it off at Magifest next week... I hope it goes quickly and smoothly. How many people do they think will buy a 100 dollar magic app, and not understand what is going on with the contact screen?
Good Luck Greg!
You might already be trying this, but how about having the default contacts look not so real, as in change the colors and make it look pretty ridiculous actually. But then have a setting for "use realistic contacts layout' which sets it to what you have now. That way the user will have to make the effort to choose the realistic version, and thus wont be "confused" as apple claims.

Apple definitely is strange. They make money when you make money, so you'd think they would be motivated to work towards a solution.
[quote]
On 2013-01-18 16:30, James Mattox wrote:
You might already be trying this, but how about having the default contacts look not so real, as in change the colors and make it look pretty ridiculous actually. But then have a setting for "use realistic contacts layout' which sets it to what you have now. That way the user will have to make the effort to choose the realistic version, and thus wont be "confused" as apple claims.

Apple definitely is strange. They make money when you make money, so you'd think they would be motivated to work towards a solution.
[/quote]

Hi James,

That's exactly what we've done with this version of iPredict Pro.

Let's hope for the best.
Greg
Howdy fellow Magi,

I was one of the lucky ones who received a pre-release copy,

Here is a very rough version of Mr Greg's Ipredict Pro.

http://youtu.be/I6YvcVijZS8
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, just registered in order to be able to post a review of this app.
First of all, reading through these last posts I am sorry Greg to hear of this complicated situation with the iPhone version and I hope that it will finally get approved soon. On the other hand, I can say that the Android version, which is the one I am using, works perfectly, so if all else fails there is this version available. All that is needed is for the magician to use a phone with Android (the audience can still use an iPhone), so the current non-availability of the iPhone version should not deter anyone wanting to perform this trick.

So, my review...
I was initially hesitant to make the investment in the app, as the price point was fairly high. But I had been playing around with the iPredict+ version for some days and liked the idea very much, so the fact that with the Pro version I would be able to actually record my own messages and customize the whole trick to my needs and style made it attractive enough for me to decide to make the jump. Also, another reason was that being based in Europe, the iPredict+ version was costly to do (international call to the United States) as well as slightly awkward (the messages are all in English). With the Pro version I get to call a local number, recognisable as such by my audience, and can even choose which number that is, literally, as well as play a message in my own voice. I can even use my home number that can be verified as such in the telephone directory or in the contacts list of someone who already had it prior to the trick. And the audience can call that local number with their own phones, so the trick is quite powerful. Also, if well-practised, the actual moment you determine the card or other element becomes practically invisible to the audience. And you end up completely clean, as you can hand over your mobile phone to be thoroughly examined with no fear of anyone discovering anything.

The only thing I would add is customization of the feedback address. At the moment I am performing it with no feedback at all, as the English address that appears looks too suspicious to my local audiences. But I can also say that the technology works so well that without using feedback I never fail, so if you practise a little, there is no real need of feedback to check that things are working out ok. Of course, there's a moment of cold sweat when the message plays, but you can be confident it will work out if at home 100 out of 100 tests done in a row were successful, which is how it is has been with me.

One slight drawback I do see to the app is that having both apps on the market simultaneously (iPredict+ and iPredict Pro) is detrimental to the Pro version. Even though the Pro version is quite different to the simple version, the secret is exactly the same, so many people who are just curious will have come across the basic secret of the trick. And this number of people can easily grow exponentially. That means that in your audience you get a high probability of someone knowing the secret, either through purchasing the app or knowing someone who purchased it and revealed it (either through a clumsy performance or through telling it). You can also end up having a few people who try to program a similar app after having come across the secret for this one. I believe the whole point for the high price for the Pro version was to make it less accessible people who are just curious, but this purpose becomes lost if the secret is available for 2 dollars. My suggestion would be to take iPredict+ off the market in order to make iPredit Pro truly attractive as a trick, so that part of the price that is being paid is for the actual secret, which pricewise would make more sense.

And I will end by saying thanks Greg for your excellent customer service with helping me with the initial set up the technical side of the app. Keep up the good work.
Hi magic1178,

What a great performance. I really love the idea of the paper having your phone number on one side and the states on the other. Brilliant.
Thank you so much for posting that.
I really appreciate it.

Hi GatCat,

First, welcome to The Magic Café.
Thank you so much for that amazing review. I agree with everything that you said about iPredict+ and iPredict Pro. I had never thought of it that way. I'm gonna have to give that some more thought.

As far as iPredict Pro on the iPhone . . .

The app was rejected for the FOURTH time.
This time it was rejected without ANY reason (which is REALLY weird).

I'm in Atlanta now for a trade show. Randy just sent Apple a message explaining how we had made ALL the changes they had asked for.

We can't see what else they can be complaining about.

I will now write an email to the App review board. I hope they can shine some light on this matter.

This has become the most frustrating thing I've ever been through in my life.

I really hope there's light at the end of this tunnel.

Greg Rostami
Greg,

Would it be possible to make the Pro version an "in-app purchase" with iPredict + instead? That way it may be looked at differently considering it wouldn't be a new app. It would be nuts for them to reject an in-app purchase for something (Contacts looking like the real Contacts) that the app already has and already was approved before. Just an idea...

Pulling for you!,

Randy
Hi Randy,

That's a great idea. If all else fails we may try that.

They have already said that they don't approve of iPredict+ either.

It's really unclear what's gonna happen.

Thank you so much for pulling for me.
Sorry if I haven't responded to your last email. Like I said, I've been working this week, so it's been a little hard to catch up to emails.

Greg Rostami
I'm not convinced that ipredict+ would cause problems for ipredict pro. The spectator can call you with their own phone and even see you reject the call to voice mail so they have no reason to even suspect that an app is in play. Also the average layman has better things to do with their time than search the app store for magic apps. I would be surprised if a significant number of laymen are aware of ipredict+ you would have to have a very strong interest in magic to bother searching for magic apps and anyone with that strong an interest probably already found the Café through google and is reading this thread.

I feel your pain Greg, I don't get why apple is giving you such a hard time with this app particularly rejecting it without a reason. Perhaps the reviewer that is assigned to this has a personal issue with magic and magicians. I hope the review board comes through for you.

Mark
Greg,

You may be able to side step Apple by creating a web app version of the program.
With some clever HTML5 I think it would be possible to create a web app that would look identical to the dialer/contacts app.

Pros:
- No need to get approved by Apple.
- No 30% cut to Apple

Cons:
- A substantial amount of work
- You would have to deal with the purchasing aspect, (both payment processing and license management)
- No App Store visibility (hard for people to find it) (make sure to link it from ipredict+)
- Need a way to allow users to upload contacts

Not sure it would be worth the effort.
The other con with a HTML 5 app is that you couldn't get it to pose as the contacts app.
You could get it to pose as the contacts app, but you wouldn't be able to populate it with your actual contacts. And some transitions aren't all that smooth going from contact screen to an actual contact. They can have hiccups. Plus that would just be a crap ton of effort. I've done several HTML 5 "Apps" and they took large amounts of work and that isn't anything as complicated as something as iPredict Pro. It just wouldn't be the same as a web app.
Hi Hani,

So nice to see you here at the Café. Welcome to The Magic Café.

Everybody, I would like to introduce my buddy Hani Naguib.

Hani is responsible for ALL of the Android development for iPredict+, iPredict Pro and the online code that drives all of this technology in the cloud.

I think Hani is correct about an HTML5 implementation of iPredict Pro. It is difficult to pull of smoothly . . . but it is possible.

We are now waiting for a response from the App Review Board regarding iPredict Pro.

And NOW for some GOOD NEWS!!!!

iForce 1.5 is NOW AVAILABLE for download.

I'm sure most of you have already noticed the update on your iOS device.

New Features of iForce 1.5:
* iPhone 5 Retina display support!
* Updated fake Springboard look!
* AND the long anticipated iForce HD for iPad ($4.99)

iForce 1.5 is now fully compatible with the iPhone5 and iPad.
Also, your fake springboard icons will now glide over your background image.
This is one of the most requested features for iForce and you can thank Randy for an AWESOME implementation of that feature.

We have also updated all of the links and videos in iForce so that we can change the contents of the manual, the videos, and the links dynamically across the internet.

If you love iForce, this is a GREAT time for you to rate and review it.
Your support will be very much appreciated.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Greg, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles with Apple. It seems like it was months ago when we talked on the phone and you seemed certain they were going to approve iPredict Pro. I hope it all works out. I'm still holding off on releasing my effect as I want nothing more than for your app to be approved and to get in the hands of as many magicians as possible.
In the words of my seventeen year old daughter... OMFG!

iPredict Pro is has finally been approved and is now available on the iTunes App Store!!!

http://bit.ly/iPredictProOnAppStore

The wait is over, ENJOY.
-Randy
[quote]
On 2013-01-26 00:57, Randy Croucher wrote:
In the words of my seventeen year old daughter... OMFG!

iPredict Pro is has finally been approved and is now available on the iTunes App Store!!!

http://bit.ly/iPredictProOnAppStore

The wait is over, ENJOY.
-Randy
[/quote]
I'm so happy to hear that this has finally been approved. I have a few questions:

1. How did you finally change it to get it approved? (If this requires exposing anything, please disregard the question.)
2. Are the per month/per performance fees still required? I didn't see it mentioned in the app description.
3. If the above fees are required, does Apple get their customary 30%?

Congratulations, Greg and Randy. I wish you both great success with this app.
We aren't really sure why they decided to approve it out of the blue. We do now default the look of the contacts to be fairly different than the actual one. You of course can change this in settings. Who knows... They probably got tired of Greg and I bugging them.

You do need a Twilio phone number (www.twilio.com). But those minimal charges have nothing to do with us or Apple.

-Randy
Great to hear that apple finally approved it!
Do you have any updates on when iPredict Pro will work in Germany?
I bought it over a month ago on Android and cannot use it. Greg told me Germany will work in January, and it's almost over.
The support at Twilio seems to ignore my emails as I never got a respond on this.
I really look forward to use this!

Regards
Nico
Hi Nico,

I'm sorry that Twilio has not responded to your emails.

They told me in a phone conversation that Germany is a "VERY HIGH" priority.

As I've said in a previous post, getting a country to allow new phone services is very difficult. There are many communications laws and taxation that needs to be resolved.

That's why every country is different when it comes to Twilio support.

I'm crossing my fingers for you.
I hope it's soon my friend.
Greg
Congrats Greg & Randy
Congrats Greg & Randy
This is fantastic news for Greg & Randy, I know how hard you guys have worked to get this into the app
Store and in the hands of the performers.

Congratulations guys, you deserve this.

Best
Myke
Congrats guys I only wish I could afford this I have an effect that would be perfect for this.
Thank you Myke, Thank you Mark and Thank you VERY much Hani . . . without your insight into Twilio, this would have never happend.

It was a long and hard battle.
I'm really glad it's over.

Now it's time to market it.

cheers,
Greg
Thank you for your fast answer Greg!
I hope it will work soon!
By the way, did you ever thought of translating your apps?
I would be happy to help with a german translation of your apps.

Regards
Nico
Here's the latest list of countries that are supported by iPredict Pro:

http://www.twilio.com/help/faq/phone-numbers/which-countries-does-twilio-have-phone-numbers-in-and-what-are-their-capabilities

As many of you know, iPredict Pro uses an online service called Twilio to give you your own private number for your personalized effects.

If you don't see your country on that list, new countries are being added every month.
I'll let you know as soon as new countries become available.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
I wanted to share an interesting performance that I did today.

I was at a local restaurant where the owners know that I make magic apps.
They asked me to do some magic for their girl friends.

I started doing iPredict Pro . . . but in the middle of the performance one of the girls said,

"I don't want you to use one of your magic apps. Turn off your phone."

So, right after her girl friend had picked the card, I did "THE MOVE" on iPredict Pro (which is ONE touch) as I handed her my phone. I said,
"Here's my phone. Turn it off."

She turned off my phone . . . and YES the trick still worked . . . and everyone was FREAKED OUT!

That ONE touch is all it takes . . . after that, you can throw your phone into a volcano . . . the trick will still work!

I love code that runs in the cloud.

Greg Rostami
A NEW FEATURE for iPredict Pro . . .

As you may know, you can customize your SMS text message replies, on ANY browser (Hani fixed the Chrome bug) by going to:

The guru of online coding (my buddy Hani), just put a config button in the upper left hand corner of the page that allows you to change the delay in seconds (number of rings) before the voicemail message begins to play.

The purpose of this feature is you can customize how many times the phone rings BEFORE the message plays.

Some of my customers perform iPredict Pro by doing the secret input IMMEDIATELY after they bring their phone out of their pocket as they hand their phone to a spectator.
At this point they ask the spectator to turn off their phone (to cancel the use of any app) ;)

When you call a phone that's off, it goes DIRECTLY to voicemail without ANY rings.

Hence, to simulate that, you simply put a 0 (zero) in the config field and click "Submit".

enjoy,
Greg Rostami
Hi Greg,

I have iPredict+ and iForce for iPhone. Have since moved to Android, but have not repurchased those apps yet.

But I'm really interested in iPredict+. Can you please tell me after your performance of iPredict+, what happens when you get calls from that spectator again in the future, be it 1 hr, 1 day, or 1 year from then? Will you not be able to answer the call, answer the text? Or have them leave you a voicemail. Basically curious once performance is done, will your phone revert back for normal usage?

Thanks.
Hi,

In iPredict Pro you can turn the magic voicemail on and off instantly.

Hence, after your performance, if you leave your "magic" voicemail on, then if anyone calls you, they will hear your prediction message.

If you turn if off, they will hear your regular voicemail.

I hope that answers your question.
Greg
For those of you who are curious about iPredict Pro or have any questions, feel free to Skype me at:

gregrostami

cheers,
Greg Rostami
What do these things mean?

Beta / GA?

Has address requirements?

Types of numbers offered
Found here:

http://www.twilio.com/help/faq/phone-numbers/which-countries-does-twilio-have-phone-numbers-in-and-what-are-their-capabilities
I live in the Netherlands, what are my extra costs except the $99.95???
I bought this app because in appstore say that is compatible in Brazil... but its not...

I'm waiting Greg answer my private messages to fix this...
Twilio phone numbers are available in Brazil so you should be ok
I will suscribe to voicemail service but greg don't give me answer. How can I suscribe at the service for France for Ipredict pro? Any help please?
I fix my brazilian twilio number problem...

Now I have just two questions:

1 - How can I custom my voicemail ? Is possible change the "Esmeralda" voice to my own voice?
2 - When this app will be updated to users of iphone IOS7? I mean the design of the contact list...

I agree with other user that say about the only thing that should be add is customization of the feedback address. Maybe do not change my custom address and "add the feedback" at the end...

Thanks
I have my twilio number but impossible to setup it with the app. Please help me. No news about greg...
I have my twilio number but impossible to setup it with the app. Please help me. No news about greg...
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Nov 21, 2013 04:00AM)
Greg has been out of town for his day job I am sure if you contact him directly he will get back to you as soon as he can. He is know for the best customer service he can provide. He has been very busy lately.

--Gordon
Thanks but I have send itlot of mails and try to contact his with skype since lot of week but no answer...
If any people can help me it will be very nice!
Thanks but I have send itlot of mails and try to contact his with skype since lot of week but no answer...
If any people can help me it will be very nice!
I have receveid an answer on facebook to setup twilio number. But now I don't know how customise with french voice. I waiting again a reply.....
I have find how setup ipredict pro and twilio. Thanks a lot for the help of other member on this forum.
Yes, we found the solution, but now with my other questions, just to complete the list will be nice to Greg add these features:

1 - Customize the address and add the feedback messages different (to not change the whole address like today)
2 - Need update the APP to users of iphone IOS7, because the contact list of ipredict pro have the same design of old IOS system.
3 - Add more than 1 custom preset
4 - I don't know if is possible... but record the incoming calls to my twilio number and always if I call to this number I will listen...the same voicemail... my english is bad but I will try explain better:

Its like a white list, but for the voicemail... if I will configure the 2 of clubs to my spectator listen, if I call to my twillio from my phone number (registered on whitelist) then ipredict pro play the 2 of clubs message voicemail, if I change for other card like 5 of spades, same thing happen, I can change to any card... like is today...

But if a number that's not on whitelist try to call to my twillio number, ex: I set the 2 of clubs and the spectator will call this number from their own phone, than ipredict play the 2 of clubs voicemail to spectator hear, but do not matter if I change the card later, if this spectator call to my twillio number in the next day or next hour or next minutes him will always hear just the 2 of clubs... And add a option to reset this list when I want

Because happened to me that I set one card to my spectator (queen of spades) everything work great... than I run to the next table and other spectator choose the 4 of diamonds.... everything work great too... but 10 minutes later the first spectator come to me and say that call again to my number and the voicemail change to the 4 of diamons, and ask why is not the Q of spades anymore.... got me... lol

Overall this app is awesome! Is sux that in my country I have no SMS feature on my beta number to test...
Out of interest when I ask the spectator to click to divert the call to voicemail (Busy mode) the ringing "on the spectators phone" can still be heard for about ten rings until the answer machine message picks up and kicks in. Is this the same with everyones? Its not a big issue but it would be better if the click to divert "diverted" to voicemail immediately.

Best Wishes Michael :)
There's a setting either in the app or general iPhone settings (I think the app) where you set the number of rings my friend. I can't remember the specifics but just look through the app. I have mine set for two.
Many thanks DynaMix I also got a helping hand from Greg and it's all fixed now :)
Hello,

I can't find the settings for the ring tones. Are this settings maybe missing in the iphone version?

Thank you :)
I have the same probleme I wouldlike erase this rings but I haven't find how do this. Any help?
Problem was resolved. Go to the link to setup your sms and clik on setup on top left corner. You can choose time.
Hi,

Is there anybody who has the problemwith inputting twilio number into iPredict Pro? Whatever number I input there is error message "Unable to register twilio number with our servers". I'm from Poland and I'm using android.

Thanks,
Marcin
Don't forget to write the prefix of your country.
I inputted number with prefix and without prefix but it still doesn't work. Actuallu I can not register any number at all.
My iPresict Pro is still not working and I didn't received any answer from Greg for over two weeks... I was expecting better service for the application which cost so much money... I can not register any Twilio number on my iPredict Pro and have no idea what is causing that issue.
I can't wait to try this.
Iluzjonista I've sent you a pm ;)

Best Wishes Michael
Hello guys
<BR>
<BR>I bought this app a week ago. I really miss a good manual. In my app only the instructions (written or video) for the I-predict+ are included. Heve a lot of questions for Greg.
<BR>
<BR>How can I change the grids ?
<BR>Can we use more then one custom grid ?
<BR>How to make sure my phone rings with the number.
<BR>
<BR>Maybe somebody else can help me also.
<BR>
<BR>Greetings
<BR>
<BR>Rob
<BR>
Hi Rob,

Did you email me already with your questions?

If so I'll be happy to answer your questions via email or you're welcome to call me.

PM me for my phone number.

cheers,
G Ro
Hi Greg,

I've just emailed you a small batch of questions (different Rob to the one above!)

Is there a full manual available for this once I buy as you mentioned before the manual is for a different product. Also, can the text message response also be done from your own phone number as opposed to giving the credit to your psychic friend? ;)

When customising the voice message final part , is that just a case of making a phone call secretly?

Finally, for telefoto there were loads of extra ideas the community came up with, is there something similar for this app? Trying to work out how else I might use it.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (May 3, 2014 04:29AM)
[quote]On May 2, 2014, Robmonster wrote:
Hi Greg,

I've just emailed you a small batch of questions (different Rob to the one above!)

Is there a full manual available for this once I buy as you mentioned before the manual is for a different product. Also, can the text message response also be done from your own phone number as opposed to giving the credit to your psychic friend? ;)

When customising the voice message final part , is that just a case of making a phone call secretly?

Finally, for telefoto there were loads of extra ideas the community came up with, is there something similar for this app? Trying to work out how else I might use it. [/quote]

I can answer your questions.

1. If you have an iPhone the instructions you get are the full instructions. If you get the android version the instructions are a little bit different but not hard to decipher the differences.
The second part of your first question. You don't want the number to come from your phone number because you are sitting right there with them your phone is on you. But you can get the credit instead of your "psychic friend" just by changing the parameters. I tell the spectator that I had a dream or premonition of a specific, object, playing card, animal, etc. And I told my friend about the dream hey let's text them. You let the spectator text from their phone something like "what was Robs dream?" And your spectator gets back a text that says "he told me he dreamt that he met a beautiful girl and she would pick the 9 of diamonds"

2. No you are not making a phone call secretly. Everything is set up ahead of time.

3. There is a community of iPredict Pro users on glassboard but this is completely different than TeleFoto as this is a system that let's you use 75 plus outs under the spectators noses. You can however connect TeleFoto to this and never have to touch your phone. This completely kills!
OK, I've just bought this on Android. How can I get the full manual?

Also, if I want to personalise the voice message then I need to make a phone call, or is it done over the Internet?
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (May 3, 2014 04:16PM)
[quote]On May 3, 2014, Robmonster wrote:
OK, I've just bought this on Android. How can I get the full manual?

Also, if I want to personalise the voice message then I need to make a phone call, or is it done over the Internet? [/quote]

Just PM'd you
OK I'm gradually getting there. I've got hold of Greg on Facebook and get will email me the full manual as my Android version has the wrong instructions. The working us similar but there us no info on setting up the Twilio stuff.

I have registered a number, however I cannot get myapp to change the ttext responses. Whenever I sms my number after making a selection in the app it always gives the same default response. Do I need to authoriseiipredict pro through the twilio website so it knows I allow them to change my settings?

It would also seem that twilio mobile numbers in the UK cannot do voice calls. I'd appreciate any UK users getting I'm touch with me if you use this as an sms prediction as well as a voice mail prediction .
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (May 4, 2014 08:41PM)
[quote]On May 4, 2014, Robmonster wrote:
OK I'm gradually getting there. I've got hold of Greg on Facebook and get will email me the full manual as my Android version has the wrong instructions. The working us similar but there us no info on setting up the Twilio stuff.

I have registered a number, however I cannot get myapp to change the ttext responses. Whenever I sms my number after making a selection in the app it always gives the same default response. Do I need to authoriseiipredict pro through the twilio website so it knows I allow them to change my settings?

It would also seem that twilio mobile numbers in the UK cannot do voice calls. I'd appreciate any UK users getting I'm touch with me if you use this as an sms prediction as well as a voice mail prediction . [/quote]

You can do Voice and SMS in the UK just look at the first page of this thread. In order to customize anything though you have to purchase time on twilio and not just register a number.

In order for your Custom SMS to work you have to hit MENU / PREFERENCES / PRESETS/ CUSTOM

To customize the SMS click on the Custom tab and tap on the details tab. Then click on the button that says customize SMS responses. It will redirect you to the internet page.

In order for these to be active you have to make sure the preset is on Custom in the preferences section. If you have not set up the SMS responses they will default to the normal preset no matter what you have it set on.

I know I am not in the UK but I know plenty of people who are using this there.
Hi Gordon,

I appreciate your help!

That does go against what Twilio support are telling me though. They tell me that their mobile numbers cannot do voice in the UK. I'm still waiting to try to get a mobile looking number from them to test with.

I have upgraded to a full Twilio account now.

I've got a 'local'# number to use for testing. I've put my number into the App, but the responses from are never changed. I make a card selection, call or text the Twilio number but just get my default text response. No card reply, or number reply.

I'm sure thiw will work in the end but I', feeling very frustrated at the moment, especially considering the cost of this app. I'm still waiting for Greg to send the full Android manual over also.
Ok, Ive received the instructions form Greg, all working ok now. There was a step I was missing that is contained in a video within the new instructions.

Might I suggest and update is issued to the Android version so the corret instructions are included? It would save Greg some grief!
I've been combining iPredict Pro, iForce, and Powerball 60 together, and it's a lot of fun...

You write down a prediction on a drawing app. They then think of a number and sort through the "winning" tickets; let's say they have three winners. You show the prediction on the drawing app says, "Three winning tickets."

But you have made a deeper prediction the night before. You open your contact and they call your phone. Your voicemail states their thought of, never spoken number.

It kills!
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (May 18, 2014 01:38AM)
[quote]On May 18, 2014, jprace wrote:
I've been combining iPredict Pro, iForce, and Powerball 60 together, and it's a lot of fun...

You write down a prediction on a drawing app. They then think of a number and sort through the "winning" tickets; let's say they have three winners. You show the prediction on the drawing app says, "Three winning tickets."

But you have made a deeper prediction the night before. You open your contact and they call your phone. Your voicemail states their thought of, never spoken number.

It kills! [/quote]

Great idea!
[quote]On May 18, 2014, jprace wrote:

It kills! [/quote]

I REALLY LOVE this application of iPredict Pro.

You GO JEFF!!

G Ro
Does this app still work properly with iOS8 ?
The app has been tested in a Iphone 6 and works ok.
I just upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 and noticed one minor bug:
If you turn on "Passcode On Launch", it won't work (the lower left corner doesn't work any more).
If you make that mistake, you have to re-install the application to get back to the settings.
Hi DelMonte-man,

Yes, we are already aware of this problem in iOS 8 and are working on a solution.

Besides the passcode on launch feature, ALL the core functions of iPredict Pro work flawlessly in iOS 8 ... as well as iOS 7 and 6.

sorry about the delay,
Greg
Hi folks - can ipredict pro be used, with my voice on the voicemail, for all 52 card outs?
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Oct 28, 2014 02:04AM)
Yes if you want it too. You have up to 75 outs. The voicemail can be customized to be anything though. Cards are great but you can use just about anything. I have connected mine to TeleFoto and done some really clever things.
Hey everyone! Great news for german users! Since today iPredict pro works in germany as well! I playing with it right now and it is soo awesome! :) Can't write anymore need to play now! Just wanted to let you guys know.

Regards Nico
Hi
I installed the Ipredict pro on my android a week ago and can't go to record the massage.
Once I go to the Twilio I get the following massage:
“please enter, you have made a selection through the application” and the call is disconnected!

I compared the phone setting and the Twilio setting with a friend, everything looks the same and still can't record the massage.
I re-install the app and still I am getting the same massage.

Does anyone got the same problem and succeed to work it out?
You are calling in to your Twilio voicemail number? Recording your outgoing messages should be totally independant of the app on your phone.
Thanks Rob
You are calling your Twilio number but it's connected to the app.
I contact Twilio support and they said they don't know and I should contact the app provider.
Greg is not responding to my emails, Facebook, magic Café emails...

Does anyone got the same problem and succeed to work it out?
I just spoke with Greg and he solve the problem...now I can work with it as well
Just purchased and setup iPredict Pro. A problem I see is that the instructions and videos are all for iPredict+, not Pro. Greg sent me an email with a brief description of the iPredict Pro setup but I still need a bit more to get it going. Wasn’t a new manual ever put together? I just read Greg's posts from 2-1/2 years ago in this thread saying how his rewriting of the manual was holding up release. What happened?!

Without proper instructions I don’t feel comfortable performing anything except the same stuff I can do with iPredict+. That doesn’t make this a very good purchase... yet. My psychic is the same from iPredict+, and with the same phone number - not my Twilio number. Though when called it does call the Twilio number regardless of the number listed in her contact info. No way to edit that number. This version has no "My Psychics" section in Settings.

What's with the VM setup? Pre and Post recordings? How's that work? Forward my mobile number to Twilio? Will ALL VMs being left for me go there? Or just calls related to iPredict Pro? I am so confused!! (Need...better...instructions!!)

Were any new instructions, manual, or videos ever released for the Pro version? If so, can someone send me a PM with details on how I can get them please? I can prove I purchased the Pro version.

Thank you.

Jim

PS- I hate posting all this here in this forum, but I am not getting anywhere otherwise. Not sure how else to go about it. Thanks, Jim.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (May 19, 2015 05:08PM)
J-Mac I've PM'd you. I think I can get you sorted.
Question on this: how difficult is it to ensure that the correct prediction plays on the voicemail when the spec calls? I mean, is there any fumbling? Is any data entry required before the spec calls? Do you need to touch your own phone before the spec calls to make the magic happen? Thanks!

Kevin
[quote]On Dec 16, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:
Question on this: how difficult is it to ensure that the correct prediction plays on the voicemail when the spec calls? I mean, is there any fumbling? Is any data entry required before the spec calls? Do you need to touch your own phone before the spec calls to make the magic happen? Thanks!

Kevin [/quote]
I recommend trying out iPredict+ first since it is much cheaper. iPredict Pro is just much more customizable.
Thanks, Josh. But, how about your own effect, VOICES? http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=521729&forum=218&12&sa=U&ei=aVBSU4DOJNPF8QHTlICgBw&ved=0CBsQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGfmQwqQzQYitg58eIVdHOcKtZItA

It is only $10---would you recommend this over ipredict+? I live in the US, so your version is not simply "forcing" an item on the list, right?

Thanks!

Kevin

[quote]On Dec 17, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
[quote]On Dec 16, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:

Kevin [/quote]
I recommend trying out iPredict+ first since it is much cheaper. iPredict Pro is just much more customizable. [/quote]
Voices would work "properly" for you because you are in the US. But, if you have an iPhone, I still recommend iPredict+. Voices was created more for people on Android or other phones. Thanks for the consideration!