(Close Window)
Topic: Funeral Magic
I know this is wrong, but as a funeral director and magician I can only laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54zeihnE20
During the Limbo Dance, the question is asked, "How low can you go?"

Well, now I know.
[quote]
On 2012-08-10 03:24, DougTait wrote:

Well, now I know.
[/quote]

This is IMHO lower than any Limbo dance can go. Many people will not be amused by this.

Ray
Ehhh...got a little giggle out of me.
Just retired from the AF and returned to my hometown after almost thirty years. When I left I was well-known for my magic. Since returning home I've been to two funerals and bumped into old friends. Each time they asked if I "was still into magic" and could I show them something. Naturally I declined but it was a very awkward situation.
I am sorry to say, but I found the video hysterical. My father had a twisted sense of humor and it sort-of rubbed off. I already shot the video to some of my friends who I thought would find it funny. It is so wrong, yet so funny. Thanks for sharing.
I don't get this.
Bill Murray did a SNL skit where he did magic tricks at the funeral service. Very funny.
I have a somewhat different view on death that many I know... that aside... it's a funny spoof of how far infomercials can go to try and make the absurd seem like a good idea. :)
I think the spoof is great. I don't think many would take it seriously and consider performing at a funeral, but then again, some people seem to have been born without the humor gene.
I found this hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

What could possibly follow in its wake?
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 04:24, Preston68 wrote:
I found this hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

What could possibly follow in its wake?
[/quote]Now THAT is a real groaner, Preston! LOL! Definitely an excellent play on words, though, and I must admit that I'm a sucker for word play and puns in general.
[quote]
On 2012-08-10 03:24, DougTait wrote:

Well, now I know.
[/quote]

Actually, the "How low can you go" question gets answered approximately one hour [i]after[/i] the performance...when the casket is buried 6 foot down. (badda-bim; badda-boom)

"Signed Prayer Card to Impossible Location" had me laughing out loud. Thank God that I wasn't drinking a Pepsi when I saw that.

"I have people calling me all the time wanting to know when the next funeral is. The place is packed; I use this as an up-sell." comment was so dead on. (Sorry, no pun intended) That up-sell mind-set is exactly what the funeral parlors do when the grieving party is so very vulnerable.

I found the entire video to be a brilliant bit of satire.

Brad, thanks for sharing this youTube link.

Mike

P.S. Who are the two main characters in this video? I know that I should know their names, but I don't.
I think it's a fantastic satire on the funeral industry and infomercials, both of which richly deserve to be satirized.
Great stuff. I loved the ever popular mouth coil.......
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 09:34, jugglestruck wrote:
Great stuff. I loved the ever popular mouth coil.......
[/quote]

Same here.
Thanks for sharing. I thought it was great.
[quote]
On 2012-09-20 22:23, Turk wrote:
P.S. Who are the two main characters in this video? I know that I should know their names, but I don't.
[/quote]

I believe it was Rigor and Mortis
[quote]
On 2012-09-19 13:41, highcard wrote:
I think the spoof is great. I don't think many would take it seriously
[/quote]

Spoof!!! I just ordered the DVD
Lol, I just signed up and this is the first post I read! I have a bit of a darker sense of humor and I loved it!
Yeah, this tickled me, thank you.

Great to see the cast enjoying themselves, at the girl of the left at 1 minute in is blatantly laughing not crying.

Surely this type of gig would be a great way to practice sawing someone in half?
Here is a (not so good) Dutch version: [url]http://youtu.be/VaBu71Ze1FM[/url]...
As a pastor in Arizona and having to do funerals, I can truthfully tell you I found this to be............................. totally hilarious, thank you for the great laugh.
Wow this was great. Wish I would have thought of it : )
[img]http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/Buzz-Lawrence/snidelywhiplash1.png[/img]
Like the funeral director said
when buisness is dead were booming...
I thought this video was hilarious! Any fans of Arrested Development out there? There's a hilarious scene of Gob doing magic at his fathers funeral. Also, Human Giant did a similar thing. Both are hilarious and I imagine are easily found on youtube.
The rigor mortise thimbles just about killed me! Too funny. Thanks for the laugh (^_^)
LEON O_O?!
That is so wrong xD hahahahahaha
That's crazy!!!!.............so crazy it just might work!
I have to admit..this is pretty funny!
Wow... it was such poor taste that I really got a kick out of it. I absolutely love warped humor.
:)
It's definitely dark comedy, but hilarious nonetheless. Additionally, those who know all the magician names thrown in will get even more of a kick. I wonder what Steve thinks of this?

~Matt M.
As someone who's wife was going to school to be a funeral director: this is precisely how funeral parlors are run. A family friend who passed away a few years ago had the most MORBID sense of humor and actually at one point stated at a dinner party many years back "Sure I am a really big guy, but I don't see why if we are going to embalm me whenever I die then why not make a paying gig out of it. We can hire a ventriloquist and bring in Copperfield to vanish me into my grave". This video instantaneously made me think of that guy from the opening "Magic at funerals?"
Sorry to bump up and oldish thread, but this is hilarious! (Both the OP and the Dutch version - I don't understand dutch, but you don't need to). I loved the levitation with the wreath ring in the dutch version.

Kinda made me think afterwards of those (many) times when I've worked a trick into a conversation, which on retrospect may not have been the best situation... :D
Too Funny...
I'm still smiling.
I'd love to have a magician at my funeral.
But I'm not in any hurry for it.
Just plain hilarious! Yes, funerals are sad times and emotionally heavy. And simply booking a magic act for a funeral (as if it were a birthday party) as shown in the spoof would be crassly inappropriate.

But I believe a funeral should celebrate the deceased's life and review the joy they brought to friends and family over the years. Particularly if the deceased was a magician, then I think some magic added to the event could actually be done quite appropriately and respectfully, rather than be perceived as irreverent. It could be one of the ways the friends remember what made this person so special to them.

When my son Will died at the age of 19, I included in the eulogy several funny stories about him. Even though the assembled mourners were crying much of the time, they laughed at the 'Will stories'. It reminded all of them how much Will made us laugh over the years, which is how he would want to be remembered. After the service, several people came up and told me funny 'Will stories' of their own. An appropriate magic component at some funerals (like mine, someday) would be the same kind of thing. I'll have to leave instructions for my family to make sure it happens. Thanks for posting this spoof video!!!
I don't find this spoof very amusing.
Funny video!
Funny video!
I don't know about this one.
I enjoyed the humour in both the videos, sorry if it offended anyone. Best wishes, Raj.
That is funny. I almost died laughing.