(Close Window)
Topic: Glass Eating
Interesting link to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5LXPzXDtl0&feature=player_embedded#!

I liked the sand idea at the end!
I was with him up to the sand then I thought ...... That's just gross!!!!

An interesting show. I wonder how much he takes. I'd give him a decent tip.

Thought the filming was rubbish, and the woman who was filming her comment summed things up (and did not give the guy enough credit). It's a guy eating some glass!
David Blaine did something similar at the Richmond Forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyACwQCtr20&feature=player_embedded
Couldn't stand to listen to him ..... Volume down and skip ..... Yep he ate glass. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Maybe I should listen to it ...... But is it worth investing the 6 minutes?
[quote]
On 2012-09-11 15:51, dave_matkin wrote:
Couldn't stand to listen to him ..... Volume down and skip ..... Yep he ate glass. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Maybe I should listen to it ...... But is it worth investing the 6 minutes?
[/quote]

I enjoyed this interview and found Mr. Blaine to be charming, witty and an excellent raconteur.

Like all things in life, your kilometrage may vary.
Ok I will give it a listen but if this turns out to be an early April Fools jest you'll be in for a game of ,..... What ever the game is called where you kick each other in the nads .... And I am going first!!

Name that game...
Huh. I read on the Internet that you're supposed to eat bananas with glass.

The game is called roshambo. At least around here.
And if you'll indulge me, I have a joke that this puts me in mind of;

A big city lawyer went duck hunting. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked the lawyer what he was doing. The lawyer responded, "I shot a duck and it fell into this field, and now I'm going to retrieve it." The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and your not coming over here." The indignant lawyer replied. "I'm one of the best trial lawyers around, and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything that you own. The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in these parts. We settle small disagreements like this, with the Three Kick Rule." The lawyer asked, "What is the Three Kick Rule?" The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth until someone gives up." The lawyer quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom. The old farmer slowly gets down from the tractor and walked up to the city fella. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin, which dropped him to his knees. His second kick nearly ripped the nose off his face. The lawyer was flat on his belly, when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly causing him to give up, but didn't. The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, now it's my turn." The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up, You can keep the duck!"
Lol or ALAMO or whatever the TLA is for peaing myself with laughter.

Thanks .... Got the name and a great joke!
Message: Posted by: Eric the Excellent (Sep 11, 2012 11:15PM)
I wonder how many times a day he can do that act... I'll bet that sand and glass fill you up quickly!
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 12, 2012 10:37AM)
The funny thing is, when I eat glass, I enjoy the texture, the popping, and the resultant glass "crumbs" to crunch on during the day. Tell me why when I get a grain of sand in my mouth I freak? Especially in a sandwich while eating lunch at the beach....

Banana? I assume that is someone who "assumes" that you need something to bind with the glass. Completely uneccesary, and dumb as well. Especially if you plan on eating the entire banana, then drink a 20 oz bottle of Sprite..... don't believe me? Try it and tell me what happens.
Errrggghhh banana! Not going to try it I hate bananas! I'll get the kids to try it.

I'm surprised they let him do it on the beach ..... A lot of places won't let you look at the beach with a glass in your hand let alone take one on to it. And in a year or two (thousand) the beach will be in danger of disappearing.
Yeah, I'm guessing the banana is to "bind up the glass and coat your stomach". After searching for a while on the subject I learned the Internet can be a very dangerous place for those with little or no common sense. On the other hand I can point to info like this with my kids and say "this is why you come to me before doing anything you researched online".

I'll do the banana and Sprite thing, and even video it, but you gotta do the heaping table spoon of cinnamon thing.
Well, you can't just eat a banana. It's got to be a peanut butter and banana sandwich. And drink a fifth of whisky. That's how you do it. Or you could just eat prunes and drink gatorade. It does the same thing. Does anyone else smell gas?
I have a special method for glass eating, I may consider to publish it soon...
Bobby Reynolds is right. Prostitution and the sideshow...two things that have been ruined by amateurs.
[quote]
On 2012-09-13 07:20, Todd Robbins wrote:
Bobby Reynolds is right. Prostitution and the sideshow...two things that have been ruined by amateurs.
[/quote]

Nice point Mr.Robbins!!!
It's amazing how we got on to prostitutes .......(double en tendra there ).......

Well I guess it was a bit obvious ...... Glass eating .... To sand ...... Sand to banana .......bananas are peled into 4 lots of skin ...... Prostitutes ...... ET bananas. Logical
Dave, do you know who Bobby Reynolds is?
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 14, 2012 08:14AM)
Dave might think he is Burt Reynolds older brother.....

Along with the bananas and Sprite (vomit)
.............tablespoon of cinnamon (cough up everything)
.............Cacao challenge (try to eat an entire bar of 95%)
.............gallon of milk chug (vomit)
.............now try to stick your elbow in your ear.

1908, who are you (other than the year my forefathers came to America)? And I'm very interested to see what you plan on "publishing".
I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone present glass eating exactly like Blaine did in that clip. David Blaine you are a trailblazer.

I enjoy the uncomfortable feeling I get watching him. Like he really doesn't know what he's doing and he makes the illusion complete with excuses as to why it didn't go off as planned.

Another winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSyy07lNWug&feature=related

DD

PS. I hear he trains for months to pull off these stunts.
Sometime in my distant past, I found myself doing an all nighter paint job on the Jersey Shore boardwalk. I had to paint at night because the stand was open during the day and it was cooler too.

About 2 in the morning and I became hungry so I decided to make a peanut butter sandwich. I always carried PB and bread as I often worked away from stores or diners during "off hours". I made the sandwich and noticed the CHUNKY texture but ate it anway. I prefer smooth PB and was somewhat upset that my wife had bought the chunky kind BUT I was hungry and ate it . After another hour I decided I wanted another one. You can imagne my shock when I opened the jar and discovered the entire top of the glass jar had crumbeled into the PB when I opened it before. I called the hospital ER . They told me they really couldn't do much for me except "wait and see" BUT I should eat a WHOLE LOAF of DRY white bread and watch my stool and to come in IF I had any pain.

Everything turned out well BUT have you ever tried to eat a WHOLE LOAF of bread witout drinking anything....not easy.
Adding to Nips challenges try to touch your elbows to each other behind your back. This is a good one to try on a well endowed woman.
@ don ..... It's not an illusion.

@jim

Why did you have to watch the stool? Was it likely to fall over (sorry its a naff joke ......i did work for a year in a feaces lab at a hospital, Sh!t work but someone had to do it!

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/s/stool_samples.asp

Sorry carp joke I know.

Glass and peanut butter.... Not sure what is worse.
Harley what is this 20 questions.

Wasn't Bobby Reynolds a Sideshow worker / owner / talker? I think there are some audio clips of him on the "American Talkers" album. Great piece of audio.

I hate it when you ask me questions ..... I feel all insecure. :(

I can see why the comment was made and I can see exactly what it means .....illusion! Ha...... I just thought it slightly amusing that the thread worked round to prostitutes ..... From glass eating. Kondini has some things to say on people prostituting the art! And he is right! Some people making a quick buck out of publishing stuff for general public distribution. At best just making a buck and not teaching people to do stuff properly (this may be a worst scenario too depending on our POV). At worst spoiling the show by making it too widely performed (and badly .... Like me and the mouse trap on tounge yoweeeee!).

Dave
Dave, do you even know who Harley Newman is? :)
Message: Posted by: Eric the Excellent (Sep 14, 2012 05:16PM)
Zagam, do you know who Dave is?
Dave's not here.
I'm Dave.
Dave's not here man...

I could be wrong but I wouldn't call this glass eating. More like put glass in your mouth, chomp on it then spit it and shovel sand in. Then spit sand out. He put on a good show. I wonder how big his hat was?
It didn't look or sound like much of an audience.
I got the feeling this was on an island somewhere. Like a resort. I'm guessing the locals either work for the industry or don't work. If this is the case, he's probably doing pretty well, all things considered.
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Sep 14, 2012 06:51PM)
I think his Net as well as his teeth would be much better off if he just bought a Higley...
Hi it's Weird Al Yankovic here pretending to be Dave

Now that it's mentioned it did seem very quick.

Who are you all again?
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 15, 2012 07:52PM)
I'm Todd Robbins
I thought you were Rodd Tobbins?
Message: Posted by: Eric the Excellent (Sep 16, 2012 10:18PM)
Nope, that would be me. Rodd Tobbins, at your service Mr. Yankovic.

I admit to a lack of knowledge regarding glass eating, but I'd be more worried about the glass's effects on its way out than its effects on his teeth. (Although, now that it has been mentioned, it does look like he just spits out an awful lot of what he chews up.)
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 17, 2012 11:50AM)
Digesting silica is no problem, it comes out just as easily as it goes down. It will not make your poop glitter.
Hopefully nor a splitter?
Message: Posted by: Eric the Excellent (Sep 17, 2012 08:20PM)
... well, if it won't make my poo glitter, I can't say I see a point to doing it.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 18, 2012 07:04AM)
"I put diamonds in my cereal, it makes my dookie sparkle"
Dave Chappele as P. Diddy on Chappele's Show
I remember, in my teenage years, watching a show called euro trash ...... Very funny (and had naked ladies o. It too!!!!)..... They had all the strange people from Europe .... They had this artist on ..... He was a SH!t artist .... Literally. He would eat green food for a week, collect his 'dookie' and use it to paint. No really!!!!

I wouldn't want to hand his art on my wall.
Message: Posted by: Eric the Excellent (Sep 18, 2012 04:56PM)
I guess that would be shart, then?
This thread has really gone down the crapper.
[quote]
On 2012-09-18 18:35, Zagam wrote:
This thread has really gone down the crapper.
[/quote]

You are right! :)
What nearly 3 hours for some c&ap puns? ;) I was hoping for more!
Sometimes you just gotta wipe things up.
Now we're munching our way through to the but of the issue.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 21, 2012 07:06AM)
You're deuces, man.
Very dangerous stuff
I know Darren!

But round here we are brave enough to throw puns round like its cow shig. That last words a typo me thinks.
All tht glitters is not gary so hang him on the wall in Saville row. That's a he'll of a lot of ****e.