(Close Window)
Topic: Extreme Burn 2.0 - Your Materials
'Ello. :)

I purchased 'Extreme Burn 2.0' a week ago. Over the past week I've been practising the various changes and handling's and feel I'm now comfortable with performing the trick for others.
My question to you is: "What materials do you like to use?" Many people I've seen perform the trick do the straight lower to higher money denominations and there's some that like to change plain paper into money. These all seem quite conventional and so I'm looking for some ideas of what to use for the trick, what could be visually amazing even if the change isn't into money.
Please leave a comment as to what you like to use when performing the trick, and what you think would make for a visually stunning change.

Thanks! :)
I have used this to change denominations of bills, larger bills getting stronger reactions. I imagine you could do a nice color changing routine with paper. It has been so long since I have viewed the instructional DVD that he may well have already suggested it.
Newspaper to money, color changes, coupons, traveler's checks, comic strips, advertising for your client. If you start with blank paper you can turn it into ANYTHING. There a million possibilities; but creativity and imagination be ***ed, I turn ones into hundreds. Eyes pop, jaws drop, profanities are exclaimed. What's not to love? The structure of the gimmick allows a startling visual change regardless of the materials you use. I can't think of anything that would have greater visual and visceral impact than hundred dollar bills.
My current set-up is a colour change, simple purple paper into blue paper and vice versa. I think that the change is so visual yet it lacks strength because the actual material isn't worth a lot. Ones into hundreds is far more powerful because of the wealth involved. Compared to colour paper however a $1 and $100 bill vary in appearance far less and thus the effect of changing I don't think is as visual, even though the set up is so costly.

The problem I find with plain paper into anything that is colourful and lacking in large amounts of white is that it's obvious there's something else there... As much as I trim down and get everything crafted together in perfect alignment it still shows. My current set-up has a thick black border all around, front and back, the coloured paper to disguise this; I can't possibly think of a way around this problem. :/
I do 1's to 20's. If I could afford, $100s I would do that. But 1's to 20's is nice as you can spend your $20's and reload relatively easy by just visiting your ATM.
Cgt,

Use the forum's Search function. There are a number of threads devoted to Extreme Burn 2, though unfortunately they are scattered around the forum. Several address UK currency sizes and colors, which may be of particular interest to you.

If I come across any I'll post back with links.

Jim
I do 1's to 50's with one 100 stuck in the middle.
Message: Posted by: donkeys and waffles (Oct 4, 2012 08:22PM)
I do 2 dollar bills to 20s and go into a patter about the 2 dollar bill, some people think they are unlucky,used to be used in gambling and at brothels back in the day... and some like them, but most don't see them anymore.

I have two set ups, I start with hundy 500 setup with a little magnetic money clip and use the 2's. I show them and say, I like them because they are actually magic.... I turn them into 20s... obvious reactions... then I go to put them in my pocket and switch to my 20s with exact magnetic money clip (extreme burn 2.0) and say, "let me try this, some of the 2s will do it , some wont and I change them to 100 dollar bills with a total different way than the rotation of the hundy and people flip out on it as I have changed them from 2s to 20s to 100s and if anyone asks me if I can do it with their money (as you know gets asked ALL the time) I say SURE, how many 2 dollar bills you got on ya.... stops that dead in its tracks... :P just my thoughts...
I have done lottery playing slips to 20 notes - its an expensive gimmick but you will get good reactions.
The lottery play slips (the ones you fill in to play) will need to be trimmed down somewhat but nobody has
ever noticed.
I recently changed from 3 fifty's and 1 hundred to 2 fifty's, and three hundreds. Every time I add a hundred their eyes pop out that much more. When this thingy gets old I will make a one to a hundred thingy. That is the only way to fly.
Great EB2 routine using a fire wallet is on this page, 11th post down by Magic Mike: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=339963&forum=218&start=240

Jim
Does this differ much from the original? I don't want to purchase it if there isn't a difference. I am sure everyone understands. I love extreme burn though =]
[quote]
On 2012-10-15 09:06, mbl16 wrote:
Does this differ much from the original? I don't want to purchase it if there isn't a difference. I am sure everyone understands. I love extreme burn though =]
[/quote]

I have both. I still do the handling I used with the first version. I did change out the gaff "helper", but I think you can buy those without buying the new DVD.

I have no interest in handing out the bills, so that wasn't important to me.

If you are happy with the handling you already use, I don't think you need to upgrade. If you want a little thinner "helper" you may want to check into those.

Sammy
Hi CGT, I see you are from the UK. I use lottery tickets and 20 notes. Expensive but it works well!
Can someone advise what the preferred choice is now with UK money as the lottery slips are a bit wider and longer than 20 notes

Barry
Hi Barry,

I don't know whether it's the preferred choice but I use magazine clippings which change into 20 notes. This always gets a very good reaction. I have a story which makes the effect interesting as well as magical.

All the best

Mike
Ok Mike many thanks.
There are some good sources in the UK for suitable lottery slips - on one of the facebook groups, an offer was made for till receipts made of Tyvek - I got a set of these and will be making it up with them!
Thanks Aidan that's what I am going to do as well.

Barry
Steve Rowe is the guy you need to get in touch with for the Tyvek receipts
Yes I am seeing him tonight !!!!
J-Mac mentioned my version of Extreme Burn a few posts up. Here is video of me performing it in one of my restaurants:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=So4LwGNH4VM]Magic Mike Extreme Burn[/url]
[quote]On Jun 20, 2015, MeetMagicMike wrote:
J-Mac mentioned my version of Extreme Burn a few posts up. Here is video of me performing it in one of my restaurants:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=So4LwGNH4VM]Magic Mike Extreme Burn[/url] [/quote]

Love it Mike.

Barry
Here's a video of my tyvek if interested:

https://youtu.be/zMm8shI_PO8
Thanks for posting the video link, Magic Mike. Anxious to give this a whirl!
If anyone is interested in my tyvek note options they can be found on my new shop site

www.thegimmicking.com/product/tyvek-notes/
What about us guys from the US
[quote]On Sep 14, 2012, Cgt wrote:
... what could be visually amazing even if the change isn't into money.
Please leave a comment as to what you like to use when performing the trick, and what you think would make for a visually stunning change.[/quote]

I have no idea what you consider amazing and stunning. Amazing and stunning to me, will not necessarily be amazing and stunning to you.

I think, this is something you have to come up with on your own.
My local currency dimensions are
(1) 133 x 63 mm
(5) 145 x 66 mm
(10) 150 x 68 mm
(50) 155 x 70 mm
(100) 160 x 72 mm
(500) 166 x 74 mm

any Tyvek with these measurement or is there any solution for me
I do 1s to 5s .
Last weekend I visited Tannens in NYC and saw Magick Balay do it with 1s to 100s. (Yes, Magick is at Tannens now).

It was much much more impressive. Previously , I tried it with fake 100s but it's just too obvious that they are fake.

I've never tried with anything other than US currency. I have some Tyvek paper and wanted to try other ideas.
To answer at least part of your question, changing to high denomination bills is more amazing.
I do a version in my kid show.

Six colored pieces of paper (the size of dollar bills). Each paper has a black border going around it. Kid names a number 1-6. We count (or spell) to that number. Extreme Burn. Now all the papers are the same color as the one the kid chose. I say a line about "if you give this piece of paper to your parents, they have to buy you an ice cream!" and then pass out a few of the papers to kids in the front.

Extreme Burn meets Hot Rod. Let's call it "Extremely Hot Rod"...just don't sat that in front of the kids.
I use the Tyvek bills into 20s. Got the bills in U.S. size at Magic Live.
I used to do 1 to 100s but
1. The gimmick was too expensive for me not to spend
2. The trick became as much about the money and me carrying around 500$ as it did about the magic.
3. There was no good reason to change them back and no good reason not to give them out.
With the fake bills I magically change their appearance to real bills and say I would love to give them out except they could change back at a moments notice as I demonstrate. Has been working well. Some people continue to believe they are fake bills despite their amazingly realistic appearance
[quote]On Jul 29, 2015, Xcath1 wrote:
What about us guys from the US [/quote]

I now have us dollars available $1, 45, $10, $20, $50, $100
not on the site yet but you can message me if interested.
They first went on sale at Magic Live.
I bought a bunch at Magic Live, already using them, may get some more
Those who have Extreme Burn 2.0 Locked & Reloaded know that you get a "wallet" for holding the money, which is also useful for stealing out the gimmick if you want to hand out the cash for examination. (It also assists in a fast reset after the money has been examined.) Problem is, the wallet is a cheap plastic thing that I would never be caught dead with in a corporate gig. Does anyone know who might be able to make a duplicate of this wallet in nice leather?
Well, I use this:

http://www.propdog.co.uk/jerry-o-connell-london/single-bi-fold-holder-jol
[quote]On Jun 28, 2015, stookie31 wrote:
Here's a video of my tyvek if interested:

https://youtu.be/zMm8shI_PO8 [/quote]

Stookie31 you read my mind!!! Finally I got a fun reason to perform EB, kid drawing... my son changed the real bills for these ones... learning fast how to be a magician joke...
AND currently I was looking for tyvek paper to make some drawings on it... AND this thread and you come along ;)

I'm in thank you much!
[quote]On Jun 16, 2015, AidanHeritage wrote:
There are some good sources in the UK for suitable lottery slips - on one of the facebook groups, an offer was made for till receipts made of Tyvek - I got a set of these and will be making it up with them! [/quote]

Here is a good source of UK Lottery Tickets, created in both 20 and 10 sizes, Watch the video in the link for more details:

http://www.propdog.co.uk/tyvek-lottery-tickets?search=extreme%20burn

Dave, who runs the site, is a working magician and a really nice guy.
I use 1's to 20's. It's fun to walk up to the counter, pretend the five 1's are all I have, use magic to get myself out of the jam and the twenty I spend is easily replacable.
I like to make it with Monopoly bills to real money
I use the Flame Wallet. Anyone use flash paper (printed with $100)? Great way to end. Nothing left but a few ashes.
I try to give all magic an emotional connection. And here in the States, nothing makes the emotional connection better than $100 bills. So I change $1s into $100s. However, I might give Magic Mike's burned bills a try, as that seems like a lot of fun. :)
[quote]On Dec 4, 2015, Fresno wrote:
I use the Flame Wallet. Anyone use flash paper (printed with $100)? Great way to end. Nothing left but a few ashes. [/quote]
Interesting.
You mean you print $100 bills onto flash paper.
How do you do that?
[quote]On Jan 19, 2016, Ihop wrote:
I use the Flame Wallet. Anyone use flash paper (printed with $100)? Great way to end. Nothing left but a few ashes. [/quote]
Interesting.
How do you do that? [/quote]

There are Flash Paper bills on the market.
https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/flash-bills-100-version/
[quote]On Jan 19, 2016, Bill Hegbli wrote:
[quote]On Jan 19, 2016, Ihop wrote:
Interesting.
How do you do that? [/quote]

There are Flash Paper bills on the market.
https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/flash-bills-100-version/ [/quote]
Not in stock.
Will these bills pass as the real thing in Extrme Burn?
I ask because counterfeiting may be an issue for the dealer Stevens Magic.
And using fake looking $100 bills is not impressive in Extreme Burn.
I really like the look of Steve Rowe's Tyvek till receipts and the fact that they are available in U.S. dollar size. I'm going to have to get me some.

They would be absolutely perfect if they were made in replicas of U.S. stores and were in $'s instead of pounds.

How about it stookie31 ?
Great thread
I need some Euro size bills. With the same blended edge colour as a 50 euro or 100 euro note would be great.
Tell me more about that burning effect. I like the sound of that!
I've been replicating a scene from the movie 'THEY live!' Where the money goes from bills to blank paper with 'subliminal messages' on it when they see 'the real reality'.
No need to worry about people wanting to examine large notes etc and still packs a punch.
[quote]On Jul 29, 2015, stookie31 wrote:
If anyone is interested in my tyvek note options they can be found on my new shop site

www.thegimmicking.com/product/tyvek-notes/ [/quote]

Love the look of the Kids' Notes and Mis-Made Note and just ordered a set of each :)

Paul Mc.
I took some monolopy money and scanned it. Made it bigger on the computer to be the size of a regular dollar....then I got from large monolopy bills to real money...nothing groundbreaking but it is fun....i have also done which someone mentioned magazine clippings to money
When I first bought extreme burn years ago I used lottery slips to 10 notes since then I have a few made up for travelling right now I have $1's to $20's, tyvek receipts (from the gimmicking) to 10 and children's drawn tyvek 20 to real 20. I never leave home without them, the reactions you get are amazing.
Still one of my pocket effect. Best money release there is.
Thnks to this thread I found my mis-made Euros! Also, any chance on getting Tyvek Euros?
I use golf mags clipping. I say It's unbelievable the amount of money that sports generate these days. Take golf for example, I simply use golf to make a living. They say you are a professional golf player? I say no, I use golf...these golf magazine clipping for example...and move into the routine.

Hole in one!
I use 20 size shop receipts and I can honestly say this is the very best effect I have ever bought, the new locking mechanism works a treat. The effect is really easy to take every where with you as it takes up no room in the pocket and the effect plays really big and ALWAYS gets amazing reactions. Highly recommended.
I prefer lottery ticket change to real bill then hand out for examination, people love it.
I go from Mexican Pesos to US Dollars.

You can find old Mexican Pesos that are the exact same size as USD pretty easily on eBay.

Here is a video of my rap as well as the change. It's nice because it is also a good color change.

https://twitter.com/burnt_wick/status/804855777462800384
The Tyvek receipts option is the one for me!