(Close Window)
Topic: IUnlockYourMind
Hi guys, I just wanted to give you a heads up that "iUnlockYourMind" will be released very soon. We have been fortunate to have had some top performers use this in their shows already

James Brown,Alex Ward,Paul Vigil,Daniel Madison,Anthony Jacquin,,Daniel Stanbridge,and Tom Weil.

"iUnlockYourMind"

Imagine the ability to walk up to any spectator and unlock their iPhone.

It's now possible!

From the devious minds of Salah Aazedine & Myke Phillips.

Basic Effect
Imagine, you give your iPhone to a spectator and tell them to try and unlock your iPhone. They can't, because obviously they don't know what your Passcode is. Without ever touching your iPhone, you are able to Mentally send the correct Passcode to the spectator unlocking your iPhone. Now, if that is not as amazing as it sounds, what happens next, you can only imagine in your wildest dreams. You take the spectators iPhone from them, and tell them to Mentally send you their Passcode. They do, and you are able to correctly guess their Passcode and unlock their iPhone on the first try.

*This is just one of many possibilities you can perform with the "iUnlockYourMind" Application.

Every Mentalist/Magicians dream is to have the ability to read the mind and unlock a spectators iPhone.

Key Points:

*Your iPhone can be examined before and after the effect, their is nothing to find.

*They can try as many different codes as they like, it will only unlock, when you want it to.

*Whenever they want to start the trick, That's when the trick begins.

*The effect is performed without you ever touching your iPhone, everything is done by the spectator.

*No extra iPhone needed.

*No assistants.

*No wifi or any kind of transmission.

*Easy to learn.

*No memorisation needed, perform straight away.

*It can be performed 100% hands off.

*Imagine, being able to tell someone their pin number, iPhone Passcode, Year of Birth. The list goes on.....

*4 professional baffling routines.

Full Scrips, Presentations and Effects
Mentalism
Hypnosis
Magic
Psychic

Routines

iMindReader
iMemories
iHypnosis
iForgot

*Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned professional, you will use "iUnlock your mind" all the time.

*This can be performed one on one, or even to the biggest crowds on the biggest stages.

*it can be used as a pre-show tool.

*Not just another magic application, but a Mind Readers utility device.

*Imagine, that in the process of performing an awesome iPhone trick, you able to gain extra information and reveal it right then, or on a later date.

*This can replace your Peek Wallet or Impression Device.

*You can gain more information, with "iUnlockYourMind" than you can with a standard Peek Wallet, and the best part is, you get to perform an amazing effect in the process.

*Take credit for being an incredible mind reader.

Daniel Madison
'This is as clean and imperceptible as anybody could hope for in an app of this kind and could possibly be the best mind-reading app ever. If mind-control were real, I believe that it would look like this.'

Alex Ward
'No joke, it's the best iPhone magic app that's been created hands down! I've seen em all'

More quotes to come :)

Kindest Regards
Myke Phillips
This sounds like a routine of mines that mr Jermay alerted you too. I believe I spoke to you in email about this too . Very unfortunate but hey. Life goes on
Sounds awsome ,but I have not got an I phone and all the blooming magic apps are for Iphones,doh.
Mr Rorrison, in the most politest way, I have never spoken to you or mr jermay ever about my application.
I had this idea for years my friend, I have been working on this with Salah for a few months now.

Wherever you got this information from, it's simply not true.

kindest Regards
Myke
Mr. Phillips,

Can't wait! Sounds like an awesome and usable idea. Any chance we could know the release date and price?

Sincerely,

Arsh Shah
Hi Arsh,

We submitted our app Sunday and hope that it will be available in one week but could actually take up to 6 weeks.

We tested it extensively, so we hope it should sale through the review team at apple.

Price is undecided as yet, but I can guarantee whatever the price, you will use it, and get amazing reactions.
Ill keep it to pm myke... makes more sense.
Will this only work on Iphone or IPOD too??
Hi Alex,

I'm sure it works on iPod too, as the Salah the developer tested it on one.

I'll try to get him on here to clear the technical stuff up...

Best
Myke
Message: Posted by: DeeChristopherMagic (Oct 2, 2012 06:07PM)
Is this the same as the app rorrison put out a couple years back? Maybe worth giving him a shout for crediting purposes, or shoot me a pm and I can discuss the method with you!

Sounds like a good app - I've got Alan's, but assuming it's not the same, my order's in!

DC
Any chance of an Android release?
Myke and I have touched base. Yes I did put out a similar app a few years back but I can happily say what myke has created passes mine in every sense of the word. The peek method is outstanding and this should be a go to tool in any magicians arsenal.

Alan
Message: Posted by: DeeChristopherMagic (Oct 2, 2012 07:28PM)
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it!
Cool !! I can't wait to see it at App store !!
Thank you so much Alan for that quote.

We chatted for an hour and sorted things out, Alan is a stand up guy! It was unfortunate that a third party was involved and made little stories about them requesting an email from me about my app, to which I'm still wondering what their agenda was. :(

This was independently conceived by me and I had no prior knowledge of Alan's app, and we both agreed that this was a case of "great minds thinking alike"

Anyway, I'm really excited about this, it is something you will actually use.

Best
Myke
Hi Rich,

At the moment we don't have any plans for android, sorry! :( maybe in the future??

Best
Myke
[quote]
On 2012-10-02 17:01, BMWGuy wrote:
Will this only work on Iphone or IPOD too??
[/quote]
Yes it works on the 2nd generation iPod :)
Here is another routine possible with "iUnlockYourMind"

iMemories

Effect:
The "Mind Reader" is able to reach into the minds and see memories of two spectators. The third spectator, is able to reach in to mind of the "Mind Reader", and see his memory from when he was a child. All this, is written down ahead of time, and then showed to the spectators. The "Mind Reader" then unlocks the spectators iPhone.

Best
Myke
Not sure where I learned this, but this can be done with an Android phone and GoLocker, which is free.
At the end of the effect, if we want to, can we name the spectators passcode?
Yes absolutely, Passcode of any mobile as long as it has a passcode,bank pincode and date of birth.

We have 4 very strong routines where you can reveal names and places too.

Over the next couple of days, I'll post the other routines possible.

Good thoughts
Myke
Keep your eyes peel folks. this is gonna be a killer. I just hope he dosnt price it to cheap so every punter will buy it... stick around the £20 mark, this will keep most of the joe public away from it and is still cheap enough got for the serious magi!
Another routine possible with "iUnlockYourMind"

iHypnosis:
The spectator slips in to a trance state, and imagines being you. They imagine holding your iPhone and correctly typing in your iPhone Passcode. When they come out of that trance state, they really take your iPhone, correctly type in your Passcode, and unlock your iPhone, proving they have a great imagination. You then slip in to a trance state, and imagine being them and typing in their iPhone Passcode. You come back out of that trance state, and unlock their iPhone.

Best
Myke
Sounds very exciting Myke. Best wishes on your upcoming release!

Kind regards,
Max
Where will this be sold at?
IForgot

Effect:

You write down, on a business card, your iPhone Passcode. You then show it to a spectator and ask them to unlock your iPhone confirming that it is the correct Passcode. You ask the spectator to sign the business card, and to remember the Passcode. You place the business card face down on the table for later. You then tap the spectator lightly on the forehead, and the spectator completely forgets the Passcode. Now, ask them to try and unlock your iPhone, they can't. You then ask them to pick up the business card they signed earlier, to remember what the Passcode is, and enter that Passcode
Your iPhone unlocks.

Of course, you now unlock their iPhone.

I must point out that, at the end of all our routines, you can reveal mobile Passcode, bank PinCode and year of birth in one performance if you like.

Best
Myke
Thank you Max!

kindest Regards
Myke
This is probably a daft question but the spectator isn't encouraged to try and open your iphone with their own password at any stage of the routine ?
Good question Ray? I hope not too
I was wondering that, too..
We have a great quote here.

Daniel Madison
'This is as clean and imperceptible as anybody could hope for in an app of this kind and could possibly be the best mind-reading app ever. If mind-control were real, I believe that it would look like this.'
[quote]
On 2012-10-08 16:17, Ray Chelt wrote:
This is probably a daft question but the spectator isn't encouraged to try and open your iphone with their own password at any stage of the routine ?
[/quote]

I would say so, but without the magi looking.
James Brown posted his thoughts here.
http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=483936&forum=275&16

Best
Myke
Hey Myke,

Will this work on an IPOD?

Last question:

If it doesn't work on an IPOD, do you need to own an IPHONE to do this?

Alex
[quote]
On 2012-10-09 03:41, pegasus wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

I would say so, but without the magi looking.
[/quote]

100% IMO as that is how I reckon it works . Which of course is then back trackable IMO . Every effect normally has a weakness and I bet a pound to a penny this is the weakness here . I may be totally wrong I hope I am .
You'd certainly hope that they don't just type their code or pin into your phone to check that it doesn't open it...but I imagine it is almost certainly going to have to be input at some point. WIll be interesting to see how it is justified.
Hi Alex,

I believe it is going to be available for iPod. So happy days my friend :)

kindest Regards
Myke
Hmm Myke is staying close-lipped on this one.

My fear is that the performance is actually a huge clue to how its done and , despite all the high praise I just can't get my head around people being mystified by this if they have to key in their pin etc onto another electronic device.

We are inundated nowadays with warnings about phishing etc so surely most normal people would instantly have second thoughts about keying data into a 3rd party device. These qualms would come right back to them as the obvious solution.

Hope I'm wrong
Hey guy's,

I very rarely post on forums, but I have been fortunate enough to be one of the testers for this app, and I wanted to make a honest post to clear a few things up.
First things first. This is so good! It's faultless everything to me works perfectly with the app, it never fails, it always runs smoothly, it looks perfect, no one will ever guess its an app you are using. The amount of work that has gone into making this is astonishing.
I'm a worker, I work every week in a restaurant locally where I live and I have been using it there. As other workers will know something has to be very good for you to want to change up your routine and add something in, I've added this in!
Some of you have concerns about weather or not they are going to be able to trace the next reveal back to the first effect. Please, please, please don't worry about it. Look I haven't had a problem, none of the other testers have either. When a spectator writes down info for you to put in a peek wallet, they are still amazed that you read there mind, they often forget they even wrote it down! Come on guys, have a bit of realism about effects. If in mentalism you read someone's mind you have to receive the information somehow from them, if this is a problem for you..., don't get the app. Really doesn't bother me :) to be honest I annoyed myke is releasing this, it's too good! For those who do get it, you will love it, you will use it, you will fool people, and myke Phillips will be a name you remember! Hope this was helpfull for some :)
Do you think that everyone who works out a method to an effect lets us know?

I'd say most people smile politely and only after you have left discuss their thoughts.

As far as a peek wallet goes it is a lot cleaner than any electronic device, in getting the required info.
They write something down that gets placed somewhere seemingly impossible to see.

Telling someone to input the info on a device that is used daily to send info all round the globe is not quite as clean and innocent ;)
Do I think everyone who works out a method to an effect lets us know? No! But that could be said the same for everything you perform right now.

You won't get smiles with this app anyway, you will get gasps.

Saying a peek wallet is a lot cleaner than any electronic device, I'm not sure I agree!

Do you really think that the spectator doesn't go away and say, 'why did I have to write a name on the card and the place it in to his wallet? Why didn't he just let me hold on to it?'

I have performed this a lot, and it gets gasps every single time. spectators don't know "at the time" how I could unlock their iPhone.

If you perform and you want something very strong to add to your repertoire, you need to get this. If you are just a hobbyist, don't buy it, you will only see the value in this app if you actually perform it.

kindest Regards
Myke
I understand your concerns Ray!

Best
Myke
Neat idea! Any idea of when is it going to be at App Store?
Wow Myke.
Before this gets too silly ill back out of this one.

All hobbyists may want to read Mykes post above though.
We just got this quote from Fergus Flanagan.

"Myke!, Salah!,†your upcoming release, knocked me for six!!! It's unreeeeeal! Absolutely love it!!

I can't remember being this badly floored in........ †Practical, Contemporary, Ingenious...

If I didn't have one, I would buy an iPhone just for this trick..."

Fergus Flanagan†
I agree with David Klass on this and I think Myke has missed the point on peek wallets . If you are holding a card with info on in your hand there is a chance you could see it or see through it etc, putting in a wallet is making it more impossible to peek in the specs eyes imo . Obviously there has to be a method with Mykes effect but to me it was obvious what is was going to be and I think specs will back track on this. Anyway each to his own so good luck with it.
Myke has not missed the point with the peek wallet, I perform with it 5 hours a day in the streets of London.
I just know that everything can be justified very well, and with the peek wallet, I do, but if you think they can't backtrack to you placing the card in your wallet, then I respectfully think your wrong.

Everything can be backtracked eventually. I have revealed pin numbers to performers who were unable to backtrack this method.

The thing about our app, is that it doesn't shout out app to the spectator.

This is a fantastic utility device and we have 4 fully scripted routines that will give you the justification you need.

Anyway I hope this makes some sense as its late and I'm shattered.

kindest Regards
Myke
Why do so many people have opinions on this trick with out having seen it?
Myself, Fergus Flanagan, Alan rorronson, Daniel Madison, James brown and many others have recommended this and put there name too it. People who actually own the app, use it and work it.
To be honest I don't know why I'm being sucked in to this forum chat. Look all of the above names would not use it, if they thought there was a fault in the method.
David to be honest if people back track the method, it would be due to a very very bad performance, and I mean a very bad one. Nothing todo with the actual method its self. Ok I'm done here.
OK Alex. I honestly don't want a fight and I do hope this is as good as it looks.
I was only voicing a concern and wanted to see how you guys get round the one major problem this could have.

Obviously without a video demo or being able to see the effect I can't make a proper judgement.
I REALLY do hope that the routining will cover any problems.

There are indeed some great names above.
Although, to say Alan has worked it is a little exaggerated. He didn't know anything about this effect a couple of days ago (see page one of this thread) :)
How is it that some already have this app when it hasn't yet been cleared by Apple?
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 07:51, pegasus wrote:
How is it that some already have this app when it hasn't yet been cleared by Apple?
[/quote]

All the names stated by Alex, already have the app and played with it for a very long time. We have released a beta version which is accessible to only the members of our beta testers team :).
Its called beta testing Pegasus - standard practice for apps

I have been using this for quite some time now. While I agree that lay people at gigs might not come back to you and say how they think it is achieved I do know that regulars at venues I perform at and friends and family certainly WILL. Not one single person has been able to reverse engineer the method

If you don't think you could achieve what many other performers are achieving time after time... don't buy it... PLEASE don't BUY IT

For everyone else not limited by such thinking, this is excellent.

Footnote: My personal (i.e. nothing to do with Myke and the team) expectations of how the Cafť would respond were very low, and once again I haven't been disappointed...
Just in case you don't know - Im James Brown
Just wanted to chime in and say that Alex didn't actually say that Alan Rorrison has worked it! But I also don't want this thread to turn it to a !@#$%ing competition.

I understand where some of you are coming from, I have been on the wrong end of a product, that when I bought it I thought, how can I get away with this? But I really believe in our product, and so do the names mentioned above. We have been approached by magic consultants, so the star of the shows their working on, can perform our app. It really is a great utility app. You will use this!

kindest Regards
Myke
Thank God Myke is fronting this piece up.

The concerns expressed were expressed politely and Myke has responded appropriately and with courtesy to the queries.

Unfortunately we see the same people surfacing, yes you James, who respond with aggression to peoples questions --luckily any doubts this may cause potentially purchasers are offset by Mykes responses.
Thank you guys.

I wish you all the best with this Myke and thank you for tackling these concerns in a professional manner.

A few of us only wanted assurances that the slight weakness in the routine had been thought about and addressed. I am now in no doubt that it has.

I also apologise if I have come across as negative at all. I really do want this to be as amazing as I first thought it could be.

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to this and can't wait to see everyone's ideas, routines and then try it out myself.
Ray - my problem is never with the asking of questions except when they are fishing for method. My problem is when you and others like you claim that something wont work or cant be done as this displays your level of limitation which you are placing on others. Some of the most elegant magic effects are illogical in approach, some are even blatantly obvious but that doesn't mean the audience will GET them or even be able to back track. My aggression was not on the question asked but on the mentality that asked it.

If you think the product or effect wont work for you then fine, don't buy it. This isn't some pipe dream dvd or one trick wonder but an app that has been strenuously tested my many different professionals who have ALL come to the conclusion that it WORKS

I appreciate from other posts here that you and I are unlikely to see eye to eye about many thinks, especially magic philosophy and performance but put my limited connection to this product to one side and you still have the 100 % pisitive feedback from all the other people who have used it.

James Brown

So that my name doesn't tarnish this project I shall refrain from further comment

As an addition: I have re read my post and cant quite get how you saw it as 'aggressive'
This is all very confusing. In one sentence can you detail what happens in the effect? Does it use your phone or does it unlock theirs? What is the most basic presentation of the effect?
Basic Effect
Imagine, you give your iPhone to a spectator and tell them to try and unlock your iPhone. They can't, because obviously they don't know what your Passcode is. Without ever touching your iPhone, you are able to Mentally send the correct Passcode to the spectator unlocking your iPhone. Now, if that is not as amazing as it sounds, what happens next, you can only imagine in your wildest dreams. You take the spectators iPhone from them, and tell them to Mentally send you their Passcode. They do, and you are able to correctly guess their Passcode and unlock their iPhone on the first try.

I hope that sets everything straight.

Best
Myke
Very cool, whats the big fuss all about?
Guys, me and Myke want to give away a copy in a competition, who is interested?

Salah
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 10:45, djdeenasty wrote:

Salah
[/quote]

Me!
I don't rate my chances though :)
David my friend, you have every chance. No grudges here!

Best
Myke
Cheers Myke
This looks like one App I just might buy. Sounds really good. Not to big on Iphone magic app's But this one might be a winner.
When will this be ready??
Ah, beta testers. Understood now thanks. I, for one, am really looking forward to this.
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 10:45, djdeenasty wrote:

Salah
[/quote]
I'm interested but I never win anything lol

Mark
I would love to win a copy.
Yes after doing some research based on Mr. Vigil's recommendation - I would like to fight for a download code! ;)
As far as backtracking goes well I guess it depends on the time delay. I perform at a night club a couple of times a month and there is a group of regulars that are there every week. I plan on using this to get a pin from one of them and then doing the reveal a month later without going any where near my phone (or anything else). If he can back track that then I'll go and buy a hat just so that I can eat it.

Mark
Mark, with our app you can grab a couple of pin numbers in a single performance, and then reveal them on a later date. ;)

Myke
I am friends with some of the developers at UsTwo, a very successful and pioneering app development company...I'm looking forward to, if the price is right, showing this to them and seeing if they can backtrack it. That'll be the ultimate test...but I think I'll pull it off.
When will this be available?
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 16:00, Ruairidh wrote:
I am friends with some of the developers at UsTwo, a very successful and pioneering app development company...I'm looking forward to, if the price is right, showing this to them and seeing if they can backtrack it. That'll be the ultimate test...but I think I'll pull it off.
[/quote]

I'm sure you will blow their minds ;)

Alex, we are just waiting for it to clear the apple review team, it could be very soooon!!

Best
Myke
I want to win a copy too!
Hi all, you' v been all waiting for this :), so here is the contest.

All you have to do, is tell us in detail what you like about the premise of the spectator unlocking your iPhone, then you unlocking the spectators iPhone.

The person with the best explanation will receive iUnlockYourMind App free.

Best regards,
Salah and Myke
What I like about the premise is that when the spectator unlocks your own iphone, it looks cool but it is not that impressive. But, when you are able to unlock THEIR iphone with their pass code know only to them, then it turns into a miracle status. It is something only you would expect to see on a David Blaine special. The fact that I did that for the spectator, it affects them on an emotional level. The fact that after unlocking their phone, now you have their date of birth to reveal to them later on in the show that will turn you into an instant cult leader!

Being able to extract that kind of information in a subtle way is...PRICELESS!
What I like the most about the premise is the simple fact that in this day and age, a pass code is the most important number to a person. A passcode is the key to a person's entire life in a way. A person's iPhone holds just about everything they hold dear inside of it photos,music, private text messages, etc. With the spectator unlocking your iPhone you are essentially letting them inside of your world, and when you unlock their iPhone in a way you are entering into a territory that is very personal. You unlock their mind (no pun intended) and that is for sure a miracle that will destroy spectators.
What I like most about the premise is that you are basically entering into a different realm of whats possible in magic to a spectator.
Sure many people have seen magicians but what you are doing in giving them the power to unlock your iphone, is enlightening a spark of wonder and amazement inside them hat is unexplainable, that to them in the end, will be something out of this world.
Now that you have transferred your power to them to unlock your iphone, they know for a fact that you will not be able to unlock their iphone since, a PIN code is something very personal and dear to them, that they cannot think you may know.....but when you actually go into their phone and unlock it....let the games begin.............

thanks

Alex
Hi all,
I have had the opportunity to delve into this new app. I am a worker and there are few magic apps that I would warrant using as they often feel like clever bits of tech aimed at as many buyers as possible. However, this one is superb! It doesn't feel like anything to do with apps. Not only that but most of the guys who are involved in the testing of this app are people whom I have a huge amount of time for and would never endorse something they are not excited by. Neither would I.
I am going to be using this regularly. In fact I may get more involved. Ideas are flying.
All the best
Paul
What I like most about the premise is that it incorporates five of the strongest elements in a magic effect: magic that happens in a spectator's hands; having a spectator do the magic; reading a spectator's mind; using every day, common objects in an impromptu manner; and having a simple, clear, and memorable effect.

Brian
What I like most about the premise is how insignificant and casual the actions are, but the possibility is only limited by your imagination. It is always engaging and ice-breaking if you could start off with statements like,
"Are you a natural mind reader? I think I can sense your aura, madam."
"I need someone like you to delve into the innner mind and read the most private secrets of human"
"How about just try and read my mind now..."

Hand them your iphone VERY CASUALLY and ask them to try guessing your passcode with their intuition. After various tries without success, you tell them you will unlock their phone instead. Make it a big moment, but purposely fail to unlock their phone.
"If I am that good, I will be already at the atm machine withdrawing your money!!"

This could be the perfect gag to earn a laugh while lowering their expectations, before hitting them hard with their passcod/birthday/pincode revelations in any way you like. I could foresee this being the perfect and standard way to approach an audience pre-show, since this is too casual and too perfect a method to obtain secrets! All magician should equip with such a beauty. It's effect is too powerful to forget, while the method is too casual/insignificant to remember.

Perl Lee
What I like most is that you don't have to use this as is, you don't have to unlock their phone, you don't have to make this as your go to effect in fact far from it. The strength of this app is the facility to harvest the details in order to do this days, weeks, months after the event. I like the fact that I can be in a different room, city, country and request that the spectator use the information in a disconnected way.

:)
I understand all this about personal passcode , but how do you know its relevant in anyway to them ie bank card no. date of birth etc. Mine sure isn't its just a random number I made up . That being said the effect as described is really growing on me and I think I may have jumped the gun a bit on my earlier posts in this thread .
I spoke to an app designer a while back concerning a similar idea. Don't get me wrong... your product sounds WAY better than the simple thing I had come up with!!

He told me that Apple would have an issue with the app idea... as it would either use part of their coding, or at least use elements of their design work re: Look of the 'unlock function' etc...

That may be why they are taking their sweet time :)

Either way, congratulations on this product guys.... it sounds like an app-salute winner ;)

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one!!
What if it doesn't get approved? Will we be screwed?
I was thinking. You can sell it on Lybrary.com if Apple doesn't approve. That's where app designers go sell their apps that were not approved by Apple.
I'd rather have it on the App Store. It's much easier to manage it from there, including updates.
Granted, it IS easier to have it on the App store.... but Apple also take a percentage of sales so.. It may be a consideration, for financial reasons, to launch it on Lybrary?

Secondly, you have probably already considered naming the app something un-related to what it actually is... to prevent it being easily found by the general public.

A quick google search of the app functions will often return the name of it... as well as our chats that are taking place right here!

So... might also be time to take this convo down stairs??
Good point mate!
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 14:18, illusioneer wrote:
Yes after doing some research based on Mr. Vigil's recommendation - I would like to fight for a download code! ;)
[/quote]

Im just gonna fight Vigil for his actual phone if/when I happen to see him in a few weeks at mindvention!

that's right P.V!! Im comin' after ya iPhone!! :)
What I like about it is the fact that for me and most others with smartphones, our phone are like our safes. We have valuable info on our phones. We have pictures of loved ones, notes, reminders, music, phone numbers, etc. It's our LIFELINE in so many ways. When the spectator can unlock your phone, your portable object that houses much of your life, it makes them feel they really accomplished something! They are baffled! THEN, when you unlock their phone, now they start to wonder...what else can this guy do? If he can get in my phone or know the year I was born or my BANK PIN CODE (!!!), then you become not a magician, but someone who can dive into people's minds.

iUnLockYourMind is equal to opening up the spectator's home safe with them watching. Love it!
[quote]
On 2012-10-11 13:23, Paul Shirley wrote:
Granted, it IS easier to have it on the App store.... but Apple also take a percentage of sales so.. It may be a consideration, for financial reasons, to launch it on Lybrary?

Secondly, you have probably already considered naming the app something un-related to what it actually is... to prevent it being easily found by the general public.

A quick google search of the app functions will often return the name of it... as well as our chats that are taking place right here!

So... might also be time to take this convo down stairs??
[/quote]

The app is well hidden :) , you can ask the spectator to check every app on your iPhone and even the running app they will find NOTHING, we have thought about almost every detail and wee have some of the top pro in our beta testers team. We are continuously improving the app.
Guys, the Contest is still on :)
Hmm it just dawned on me that my iPhone is jailbroken and has a custom lockscreen so I don't think this app is going to be suitable as it will be based on a standard lockscreen.
Hi Mark, you can add backgrounds no problems!

Myke
Mark just read you post again and I now understand.

My iPhone is jailbroken too, and there is not an issue with what you have mentioned.

Good thoughts.... It's on it's way!!

Myke
Backgrounds aren't a problem but my lockscreen has a custom clock, a long hand date and also the number pad is themed.
I like the concept because it's organic and has an emotional hook. When they unlock your phone they think the trick is over. Then pow ... You hit them right where they live when they least expect it. If that's not already pretty awesome you are now one, two or more ahead with info you can choose to reveal at a time of your choosing in any manner you see fit. This isn't an effect it's a mentalists arsenal and it's loaded for bear!!!
Shirley VS Vigil

aka Paul VS Paul

Fight of the CENTURY!

Who will win?

Time will tell!
What I like about it:
Step 1 - the spec is mildly amused, probably presumes you have some kind of app or settings or something, as it does not really affect them emotionally they are not blown away (as yet!)

Step 2 - you unlock their phone. Now the spec has to wonder if you have the ability to delve into parts of their mind that they would rather keep hidden...scary...you've just given them a mental slap in the face :)

I know how I would feel if someone could do that to me!!!
Well this really sucks. Seems like Apple is not approving it. It'd be up by now.
Comon guys, the contest is not over yet !!!
[quote]
On 2012-10-12 13:24, thementalist814 wrote:
Well this really sucks. Seems like Apple is not approving it. It'd be up by now.
[/quote]

There is no reasons for our app to be rejected, apple policies has changed a lot. this project would not be possible 2 or 3 years ago but now its different. we will keep you updated :)
A few weeks ago... my girlfriend and I got into a fight. Cell phones literally almost ripped a hole into our relationship. I wasn't entirely innocent - we couldn't sit down to a meal without either one of our phones buzzing and beeping throughout the entire dinner. But we literally are on these things AT LEAST 75% of the time we're around each other (okay - that might be a slight exaggeration - I DO actually ilke her). And, think about it....how many of you feel the same way. Actually pay attention and look how much time EVERYONE spends on their phones these days.

We bank on our phones.

We keep pictures of loved ones and momentos on our phones. (Some of which are private)

We text.

We tweet.

We Facebook.

We spend every waking moment on these things it seems sometimes.

Why is something like this so important to the art of magic? Honestly, to me, doesn't magic "break" that moment of normalcy everyday? When people may actually look away from their phones to see something spectacular?

And we've already touched base - its been said from the hills - there is nothing MORE PERSONAL than someones cell phone, If my girlfriend has been any example to me. BUT.... and theres a huge but here. If the magical act of KNOWING someones PIN code to get past their lock screen wasn't amazing enough - don't you think there would be a little bit of tension built up in the spectator? This person JUST UNLOCKED MY PHONE. He or she has now breached my security. How did they do it? Is it some kind of technology I should be aware of?! Am I being thieved from right now?

Wait... let me show you something. You can do this to.... it may be the only time something like this could ever work. Here....... take my phone. One by one.... guide your finger over the numbers and press down when you feel its right.

*unlock*

*smiles across their face*

All of that suspicion. All of that doubt. All of that worry..... is gone. They have just done what they saw YOU do moments before. So why is there a need for "How did you do that?!"

There isn't. Its gone...... this is now elevated past a trick. ESPECIALLY elevated past an "iPhone app trick"

This is a moment shared. A personal moment shared with what could be a complete stranger. When the magic man not only gave a moment of astonishment - but somehow has shown someone that not everything in this greedy, technologically dependent, thieving world is bad. We have calmed those fears. And it is something they will not forget for a long long time.
And the above is exactly what the premise of this app has got me thinking about.

All of the justifications this app has in our society today. It couldn't be more relevant.

Hope this sees much success, guys. Best of luck!
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 19:20, djdeenasty wrote:
Hi all, you' v been all waiting for this :), so here is the contest.

All you have to do, is tell us in detail what you like about the premise of the spectator unlocking your iPhone, then you unlocking the spectators iPhone.

The person with the best explanation will receive iUnlockYourMind App free.

Best regards,
Salah and Myke
[/quote]

The premise is a perfect way to understand the power of making connections (From the connections we make with important information in our lives, to the connections we make with each other). And that simply by removing and getting past barriers (that [i]we[/i] put up) can and will lead to bigger and better things.

Nutshell: Barriers are needed to keep only the bad people out. Strong connections are made with the good people in your life to achieve greatness [i]with[/i] you. And if we want to , we can easily see past any barriers, big or small, to make amazing things happen.

Do you know what the word "Connect" means? It means to bring together or into contact, so that a real or notional link is established...

Our lives are connected to many things. People, numbers, different item, places, activities etc.

With our world's child like fascination and excitement about intuitive business, technology and communication our ability to connect is lighting fast and easier than ever!

It is interesting to note how strong we connect with our smartphones and why.

Your cellphone is VERY amazing thing!

Your phone can instantly and simultaneously help you find, remember and recall important information, instantly connect with a close friend or family member (80% of the time with AT&T:)) or share literally any information you feel like sharing, when you want to share it! In all reality, right this minute, you could start your car, throw a karaoke party or buy a cup of coffee, all with your smartphone. Mostly our phones immediately connect us with the most important people in out lives when we need them most.

To let someone into your phone, is to let them into your heart and your life.

I mean, when you share pictures and music on your phone it is always with a trusted someone that you have a great relationship with. Usually someone you like.

It is the usually the most important thing I can on me and I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. We protect them dearly as they have made our lives easier in a lot of ways haven't they?

But, we all have something even MORE amazing than that smartphones to be able to instantly connect and communicate with people and we have had it our whole lives.

It was where the smartphone was first born and that is your [i]mind[/i]

Somewhere in that noodle, each and every one of us has an amazing imagination and a powerful ability to concentrate. With those two things we communicate information both verbally and non verbally and strongly connect with people and the world around us often. We are constantly sending and receiving unspoken thoughts all the time.

I don't know if you have ever noticed this but, the more time we spend connecting on the smartphone, is more time we spend practicing non verbally communicating. Believe it or not, we are functioning in a state of heightened focused awareness when gaze at the screen. We are e x e r c I s I n g the mind because we are reading!

Texts and emails are helping us to look more deeply into what is being 'said' forcing us to [i]comprehend[/i] more effectively and establish deeper and better connections.

Your smartphone is a product of the human mind. Someone imagined a creation and produced it. Same with all the information it connects you to. It was all made up from pure thought from someone's mind.

Where your thoughts go energy flows... What you tell you phone to do something, your phone does that. Your mind is the same, what you tell your mind, is what you can (and sometimes 'can not right now') do.

What if I told you, that we all had the ability to send and receive selected thoughts, as quickly and as a clearly as a text message. Without the actually having to send that message...

Like our minds were 'linked' together, on the SAME network.

Lets connect.
Wow! What a great response from some great minds.

I think the question in this competition has forced us to really think, in detail about how much of us is actually imprinted on our mobile phones. In fact, you could say that it's like having a virtual subconscious mind, that we can tap in to and retrieve information we place there at any time we like.

What iUnlockYourMind will give you, is access to someones virtual subconscious mind.

Keep them coming :)

Good thoughts
Myke
And the winner is ...
Performed it today at a wedding. Started as a one to one type effect, ended with a whole crowd of people.
The guy actually suggested the trick to me. While performing another effect he asked if I knew the pin code to his phone. I then proceeded to destroy them!
God, I want this so bad!! I hope I win.
Hi guys, we are so happy with your response that we have decided Not to limit the competition to just one winner. We want to offer the chance for you to become a beta tester and receive the App before its released. You will also gain access to our beta tester group page.

The 2 performers will be announced at 12pm GMT tomorrow.
I hope I'm one of them! If I am, I'll give it a field run with a few dozen spectators. I'll even record a few performances and give a review. This sounds like something I can use in my arsenal.
[quote]
On 2012-10-12 13:24, thementalist814 wrote:
[/quote]

Ha! At work, one of our interview questions for mobile developers is "How long does it take to get an app posted in the App Store?" The only acceptable answer is "way too long"!
Hi guys, we have one winner but are stuck on a decision for the second winner, therefor we will be posting the winners a little later than expected. Good luck guys
Good luck to all. Definitely. This has been a thought provoking contest. I Love things like this.
I'd rather keep this hidden and unavailable.
I don't want everyone doing this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rFbbuOettU&feature=youtu.be

The effect in the clip is my own, utilizing very real intuition and knowing,But now "mere mortals" will be able to do this too! ;)
Congratulations to (Celebrity) Michael Murray for winning the chance to become a beta tester for iUnlockYourMind. The reason we have selected Michael, is because we believe that not only was his entry to the competition one that best describes what we like about the premise but also the real strength of iUnlockYourMind. Also, we feel that with his knowledge and brilliant thinking, he could help make iUnlockYourMind a much better product for you. That's why we want him on our team.

The 2nd winner of iUnlockYourMind goes to Angeloaces. Again, for the total understanding of premise and what the app is capable of.

We are very grateful to all the other performers who took the time and effort to write detailed explanations of what they liked about the premise. We are immensely grateful. So therefor, we would like to offer a future release of professional routines on a PDF file free.

Best
Myke & Salah
:(
I've had a run of bad luck lately and so you have no idea how happy this makes me!

A huge thank you to Myke and Salah for selecting me as a winner :)

If your writing an ebook/PDF to go with this I'm more than positive that this app will recharge my creative batteries and I'd love to include my thoughts in there as a token of my appreciation. I know for sure that this will be a winner and a useful tool for the modern mentalist!

This will now give my thumbs a rest as I've been checking the App Store for this morning, noon and night!

Myke I've sent you a pm as I'm unsure on how to get the app as a beta tester ?

Best Wishes to all from a very happy Michael
Awesome! You two have fun and enjoy testing this out... Congrats!
Ok. I don't care about this app anymore.
I don't mean to sound negative, but how many out there felt this was one giant con? It was designed to get people to submit their thoughts in order to keep the subject at the top of the list under "Latest and Greatest". It's something I would do in order to generate viewership and prospective buyers. What caused me to lash out like this was the choice of winners. I mean, really? It sounds like the winners were chosen based on who they know on the Cafť. I might be wrong, but it's very apparent!

I might be wrong...please prove me wrong...I hope the creators make a lot of money with this...but this contest came off as a con job, regardless of what each and every one of you wrote.
[quote]
On 2012-10-14 20:58, thementalist814 wrote:
I don't mean to sound negative, but how many out there felt this was one giant con? It was designed to get people to submit their thoughts in order to keep the subject at the top of the list under "Latest and Greatest". It's something I would do in order to generate viewership and prospective buyers. What caused me to lash out like this was the choice of winners. I mean, really? It sounds like the winners were chosen based on who they know on the Cafť. I might be wrong, but it's very apparent!

I might be wrong...please prove me wrong...I hope the creators make a lot of money with this...but this contest came off as a con job, regardless of what each and every one of you wrote.
[/quote]

Ahhh come on mate, relax a little. Do you honestly think that magazines give away cars out of PURE generosity?
Or, that breakfast cereal manufacturers aren't fully aware that giving away prizes ,.... IF you send in the bar code... is great promo.

Con? Surely you meant to say 'iCon' (boom boom tsssk!!) :) Either way, no. I honestly believe this to have been part marketing exercise... part honestly wanting to find a couple of suitable BETA testers.

Sure, these guys are smart... and if any of the ideas that you folks put forward end up in the accompanying booklet, without credit, then sure... send out the lynch mob.

Until then... just take it on face value. Both winners are deserving. I have had a little contact with Michael in the past... and he is a very sharp creative mind and, if it were me, I would have chosen him as well to test, and help with development. So, lets just congratulate them, and look forward to the release of what promises to be a very powerful tool for us all to benefit from.
Hi there thementalist814,

I am truely gutted that you feel this way. This was one of our concerns when selecting the winners. Because, every single one of you put in so much effort that it was very difficult to select the ones that really connected with us. Angeloaces entry was straight to the point and hit the nail on the head on every point. He also only has 15 posts and has no real influence hear on the magic Cafť.

The only reason we did not select you as a winner was because of what you said about the first phase of our routine. The rest was great!
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 20:14, thementalist814 wrote:
What I like about the premise is that when the spectator unlocks your own iphone, it looks cool but it is not that impressive.

[/quote]

Because we feel bad about how much effort went into what you guys wrote, we will send you, free of charge, a future PDF release of routines and ideas from some top performers.

it's very early here and I'm tired, so I will post more later to clear this up.

I just wanted to say, that we stand by our choice of winners and believe they deserve it, so let's congratulate them.

kindest Regards
Myke
Hi Myke,

Thanks for the offer of the PDF, I'll be looking forward to seeing it. For everyone that entered, don't forget these guys don't owe us anything, so it is a generous gesture.
It was also a nice exercise in introspection.

Myke, how much are you thinking of selling this app for? I'm just doing a little budgeting and definately want to factor this one in.

Thanks,

Sea.
I'm so happy that I won, can't wait to start frying some minds with this. Last time I checked I know absolutely no one here at the Cafť...so the idea that I won based on who I knew (although some what flattering) is not true.
Congrats to the two winners. I'm more than happy to wait personally.
Guys, I just wanted to apologize for my rude post. It was rude of me to let the stresses of my personal life get in the way, and take it out on the Cafť.
[quote]
On 2012-10-15 14:47, thementalist814 wrote:
Guys, I just wanted to apologize for my rude post. It was rude of me to let the stresses of my personal life get in the way, and take it out on the Cafť.
[/quote]

There are no grudges held here my friend. Thank you for your apology, we except it and want to move on. We will send you a free copy of a future PDF when ready.

So many PM's. For any inquires please email me at mykephillips@mac.com my inbox is full.

Kindest Regards Myke
Why is this so slow?
[quote]
On 2012-10-16 03:14, VIEW wrote:
Why is this so slow?
[/quote]
All apps have to be vetted by Apple before going live. Of course there will be thousands at any one time so there will obviously be a delay before approval is granted.
This is more than worth the wait guys, it's fantastic! It's rare that you find an effect which stuns the spectator into silence. This is not a toy it's a deadly weapon!

Best Wishes Michael ;)
Well, where is it Apple???Get off your lazy asses and release this!!!!
I don't wish to be a downer.... but Apple are likely to take a LONG time before approving this... If at all.

Myke, if you are able to get this out to folks for BETA testing... there must be a way to get it out, bypassing the App Store.

You would be saving your self a lot of $$$ also, due to the commission they take.

Just a thought :)
A lot of these apps require your phone to be jail broken if not approved by apple, which isn't a big deal IMO
No! I will NOT jailbreak my iphone!
There are a lot of updates due to ios6 and iphone 5 going through the app store at the moment, so things are taking longer to get approved. You'll just have to wait for the release. Don't worry. I'm sure it'll come.

Patience!
*** you ios 6!!! Lol. Just kidding. I'll wait patiently.
App submissions review time may vary from one day to 2 month or even more but most app are normally reviewed over a matter of days but due to iOS 6 and iPhone 5 release every app developer is updating his app that's why its slower.

Salah
Ok so I was a guest at the London magic circle and Pauly Jr showed me the this thing! It's totally a mind blower if you like deep mindreading...which I do.

I'm thinking about a few routines I already do hat could have this added and make them 10x more crazy impressive.

Great trick and full of possibiltyies.
[quote]
[/quote]

I would imagine so. You need to acquire the information somehow.... and, this ruse can be easily explained away with the right scripting.

I wouldn't worry about it too much... if this is indeed the case.
I can't wait it release
The longer this takes the less interested I am
Yeah. I actually forgot about it for a few days.
Calm down -- it will happen when it happens...

J
Apple sucks!!!
[quote]
On 2012-10-22 15:57, thementalist814 wrote:
Apple sucks!!!
[/quote]

How old are you?
All your posts seem stupid and completely inmature.
Do you think before writing?
[quote]
On 2012-10-22 22:07, Prager wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-22 15:57, thementalist814 wrote:
Apple sucks!!!
[/quote]

How old are you?
All your posts seem stupid and completely inmature.
Do you think before writing?
[/quote]
It's almost as if its two people sharing the same username with very different views.
Hi rasmus, I am very interested in this. kindly check when will it be available? :)
I just got a call from one of our Beta testers Marcus Lewis. He said that he did a trade show gig with just the "iUnlockYourMind" App.

Awesome!!

Myke
IUnlockYourMind app release ? I can't find it at App Store ?
[quote]
On 2012-10-23 22:00, shoexboy wrote:
IUnlockYourMind app release ? I can't find it at App Store ?
[/quote]
May I suggest reading the thread.
[quote]
On 2012-10-23 08:54, setsuna83 wrote:
Hi rasmus, I am very interested in this. kindly check when will it be available? :)
[/quote]
???????????
We have finished filming a few routines and explanations, which will be accessible to app purchasers.

Still waiting to see when apple accept this.
[quote]
On 2012-10-24 02:45, pegasus wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-23 08:54, setsuna83 wrote:
[/quote]
???????????
[/quote]
opp sorry I was supposed to post this on another thread must have type on the wrong page instead!please remove the post. sorry for the confusion!
Here is a little "Pre teaser" teaser.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXJZwmvvRns&feature=youtu.be

Best
Myke
It was just text that was unreadable.

On the other hand, I love this app and can't wait for its release.
Apart from the obvious unreadable text, I quite like it :)

Don't worry, there will be a proper promo soon. Plus, when you purchase the app not only is everything explained in writing but we also have about 1.1/2 hours of footage there too.

Best
Myke
I wish apple would hurry up, I'm getting very impatient. Lol.

The teaser was very professionally done but didn't actually show anything. Perhaps that's why they're called teasers.
[quote]
On 2012-10-29 18:38, pegasus wrote:
I wish apple would hurry up, I'm getting very impatient. Lol.

The teaser was very professionally done but didn't actually show anything. Perhaps that's why they're called teasers.
[/quote]

Lol.
Can you let us know the price yet please?
Hi David,

The price is still undecided as yet, but I promise that once we decide, I will post it here for you.

Here is a nice quote we got this morning:

"This App is brilliant and completely fool proof, your going to distroy the spectators minds and be left so clean at the end of it"
Gerry Simms
GERRYSMAGIC
Thanks Myke.

Just spotted you named a price on this thread though:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=483936&forum=275&24
Well spotted David, we had to rethink about pricing as this app is become a monster in the world of magic apps. We will be offering so much more than we initially intended.

You will be getting over 2hrs of video footage with effects, explanations and some tips that you can use in other mentalism or magic routines.

Really exciting times ahead.

kindest Regards
Myke
I don't care how much it is, just get it released ASAP. The wait is killing us.
Hi Guys,

We have some sad news to tell you. Unfortunately the Apple review team have not accepted iUnlockYourMind into their iTunes Store. The reasons they have not accepted us is because our App mimics some iOS features and they feel that the user may get confused. We are very surprised by their decision because there are a lot of Apps doing the same thing, and that's why we will be appealing against their decision.

We will be appealing against this decision as we feel, that because we are targeting our app at professional Magicians/Mind Readers that this would never happen and the performer would only set up the app ready for performance just before performing the effect.

Thank you for your time and I can only apologise for this on behalf of Salah a I.

Kindest Regards
Myke
If the appeal fails, release a jailbroken version!
Myke, can't you sell the version that all the beta testers where using.
I don't know how you where getting it to them.

I don't know how this kind of thing works but it seems a shame for it to disappear.
[quote]
On 2012-11-08 11:50, mykephillips wrote:
Hi Guys,

We have some sad news to tell you. Unfortunately the Apple review team have not accepted iUnlockYourMind into their iTunes Store. The reasons they have not accepted us is because our App mimics some iOS features and they feel that the user may get confused. We are very surprised by their decision because there are a lot of Apps doing the same thing, and that's why we will be appealing against their decision.

We will be appealing against this decision as we feel, that because we are targeting our app at professional Magicians/Mind Readers that this would never happen and the performer would only set up the app ready for performance just before performing the effect.

Thank you for your time and I can only apologise for this on behalf of Salah a I.

Kindest Regards
Myke
[/quote]

I believe this was mentioned before, and it comes as no big surprise I have to say. Just sell it via cydia.
I do have a web app version that wouldn't fall pray to apple. . Mike hit me up
I agree if the appeal fails release it as a jailbreak app via cydia.
Hey guys,

Here is my review of IUNLOCKYOURMIND.

I wanted to wait until I performed it a dozen or so times before actually diving in here and putting my review.

I purchased a pre-release copy from Myke, and was very happy with what I received.

At first it may seem like a lot of info, but you get everything you need to know, and it becomes pretty easy to execute once you know.

Myke and Salah were both really helpful, and I immediately put this to use.

This is probably the best app, if you could even call it an app that has hit the magic world!

I have performed this close-up, and even on stage, and the reactions are priceless..........very very great reactions.

There will also be a forum up for people who purchase the pre-release version and we cna share our ideas.

In fact, I already gave Myke and idea I had for the app, and he really liked it.......takes the effect to a whole new level, and makes the mentalism seem more real

don't get me wrong, the 3 routines Myke shares are beautiful, IMINDREADER; IFORGOT; and IMEMORIES, my favorite being IMINDREADER, but the slight variation I came up with I have been performing it recently and it has killed.

Members who have this, if they wish to know, I will share my variation, but you need to show me some proof that you have the app, Myke can also help.

I am filming some video of IUNLOCKYOURMIND tonight, and will send it to Myke, and it will be up to him to share it with people that have the app.

It will include my variation that I have added.

This app is great, because I always carry it with me.

Next week, I close out a theater show with other magicians, and I will be closing with IUNLOCKYOURMIND, so you can get a sense of the power that it holds.

The first time I ever performed it was for a magician friend, then a few days later, over the phone, I destroyed him and told him his PIN number from his bank card....he was in shock!

This is really powerful guys, and those that pruchase it will agree that this is a true WORKER in every sense.

You will have a lot of fun performing this, and more ideas will come soon from all over from people that have it.

I concur with Paul Vigil, James Brown, and others that nobody suspects a thing, magicians or laymen.

Just wanted to post my thoughts.

thanks

Alex
[quote]
On 2012-11-09 14:36, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

Here is my review of IUNLOCKYOURMIND.

I wanted to wait until I performed it a dozen or so times before actually diving in here and putting my review.

I purchased a pre-release copy from Myke, and was very happy with what I received.

At first it may seem like a lot of info, but you get everything you need to know, and it becomes pretty easy to execute once you know.

Myke and Salah were both really helpful, and I immediately put this to use.

This is probably the best app, if you could even call it an app that has hit the magic world!

I have performed this close-up, and even on stage, and the reactions are priceless..........very very great reactions.

There will also be a forum up for people who purchase the pre-release version and we cna share our ideas.

In fact, I already gave Myke and idea I had for the app, and he really liked it.......takes the effect to a whole new level, and makes the mentalism seem more real

don't get me wrong, the 3 routines Myke shares are beautiful, IMINDREADER; IFORGOT; and IMEMORIES, my favorite being IMINDREADER, but the slight variation I came up with I have been performing it recently and it has killed.

Members who have this, if they wish to know, I will share my variation, but you need to show me some proof that you have the app, Myke can also help.

I am filming some video of IUNLOCKYOURMIND tonight, and will send it to Myke, and it will be up to him to share it with people that have the app.

It will include my variation that I have added.

This app is great, because I always carry it with me.

Next week, I close out a theater show with other magicians, and I will be closing with IUNLOCKYOURMIND, so you can get a sense of the power that it holds.

The first time I ever performed it was for a magician friend, then a few days later, over the phone, I destroyed him and told him his PIN number from his bank card....he was in shock!

This is really powerful guys, and those that pruchase it will agree that this is a true WORKER in every sense.

You will have a lot of fun performing this, and more ideas will come soon from all over from people that have it.

I concur with Paul Vigil, James Brown, and others that nobody suspects a thing, magicians or laymen.

Just wanted to post my thoughts.

thanks

Alex
[/quote]

I assume you have not heard the bad news.
Yes I sure have.

If you really want the app, I suggest getting in contact with Myke, he can fill you in on more details.

Alex
Thanks Alex. Appreciated.
We are considering offering limited Pre release copies to a few, but they will be substantially higher in price. We have sold our limited pre release copies of our app to a few pros already and they are very happy with what they purchased. The fee includes: the basic version we have now and all updates, all videos and scripts, entry to our secret group, plus routines that other performers have been kind enough to share, and the future pro release of iUnlockYourMind.

If you are interested in these limited copies of iUnlockYourMind then please shoot me an email and I will give you the details. Mykephillips@mac.com

Like I said the price is very high but we have been offered a much higher price for iUnlockYourMind as well as tv offers. It is a pro app with some great minds involved.

Please only email me if you are really interested as this is time consuming.

If you want to wait, then I advise you to do so.

Thank you for your time and penitence
Myke
I'm Just preparing the secret page now, it will have all the videos on there ready for you guys as soon as we send you your apps out tomorrow.

Thanks guys
Myke
I'm confused. You are rejected by Apple themselves, but you are selling the app anyway, at a highly inflated price. Why inflated? Is this allowed by Apple?
Myke,
Do you need a jail broken phone? Also, what would the price now be?
Thanks.
So if apple had accepted it would have been cheaper?
To all those who have shown their interest by pm or by email, could you shoot me another email please :) at mykephillips@mac.com
I have got lost with all the interest and don't want to send out duplicate emails. I appreciate it as this is very time consuming.

We are ready to send these out by the end of the night. So need to be in contact with those who are going ahead.

Thank you for your time.
Myke
Obviously a last ditch attempt at making a profit from this rejected app. I won't and hopefully many others will not be buying this at a highly inflated price. Very unscrupulous.
Thanks guys, really appreciate the help. Now I'm back on track lol

Best
Myke
I but the bullet on this one and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
A lot of detail has gone into this app' and is definatly worth the money.

For a working pro this is not an app' it's an investment. I for one am happy that the price range would put off joe public from purchasing.
Too many app's have come out to the open market where ideally should have been kept low key.

Also bare in mind your not just purchasing an app' your purchasing an extremely strong workhorse that will get people talking and get you remembered.

The videos are good and the support service so far has been great.

I do not think the price should have been lowered as I can see the potential for anyone who purchases and uses this.
I'm going to be using this at tomorrow's show cannot wait to see the reactions.

I frickin' love it.
They want $300

Hahaha!
So you can tell them their passcode, but only [i]after[/i] they enter it into your phone? You don't think a lot of spectators will draw the conclusion that you're using some piece of technology to do so? I think that's naive. And not worth $300. But good luck.
Gents put it into context, an app' was released where you sent someone an email they confirmed receipt but was not allowed to open it, you then ask them to think of a door number playing card etc, and when they open the email there's a photo of whatever was named.
An absolutely fantastic app and used by many regularly, however Copperfield came along and purchased the rights to the app' and paid us all off and we could no longer use it. Why ... Because he realised the potential in the effect and did not want lots of people performing it.
At $300 this is going to keep the amount of people using at minimum greatly reducing you turning up to a gig claiming to be able to create the impression of plucking thoughts from their head only to have them say 'oh my mate showed me this one on his phone'

Do I think they will assume that's it's the technology that's used to gain the info ... No not at all, this is not a case of they enter their pass code then you instantly do the same with them they can try many number code combinations and the whole performer premise completely takes it away from from what has previously been done.

Just because this is an app' people instantly associate it that it should be a cheap price but I cannot agree. The app is merely a platform, imagine you were purchasing this as an effect already on a device from your local dealer. Factor in the cost of an iPhone and your up to around $900 around 4 years ago a mobile phone was released where you could predict someone's pin number, date of birth etc and came out at around $1000 no one questioned that price either.

Look at things like Multi dimensional by promystic (another fantastic piece of kit) they choose one number on a dice you know it, again price is higher than this but people do not have an issue.

Why the hell I'm defending it I don't know the less of you that have it the better for me
Unfortunately being an app making the price so high won't limit the number of people using the app it will just limit the number of people paying for the app. Piracy is rife on the iPhone and pretty much every single app in the app store is available to anyone with a jailbroken iPhone. At $300 a handful will buy it and hundreds will download it for free. A sad fact but an unfortunate reality in this digital age.
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 04:56, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Unfortunately being an app making the price so high won't limit the number of people using the app it will just limit the number of people paying for the app. Piracy is rife on the iPhone and pretty much every single app in the app store is available to anyone with a jailbroken iPhone. At $300 a handful will buy it and hundreds will download it for free. A sad fact but an unfortunate reality in this digital age.
[/quote]

The route we have taken and the way it's distributed won't allow this to happen.

Best
Myke
We said the same when I worked at Sony as a game designer on the original playstation. The beta would not work on a standard playstation only a blue developers playstation. Copies of the beta were very tightly controlled and were digitally signed to the individual it was provided to and it also required a memory card with a private key encrypted to the individual copy in order for it to run. Despite all that the pirate version was available before we even released the game and this was something that sold for 34.99. The moment you put an app on someone's iPhone it's outside of your control and iPhone apps a far easier to crack than a playstation game. Sure the clientele on the Cafť is a little more trustworthy and discreet than the average app buyer and the desire to "spread" the software will be low in our community but the big software companies invest millions in copy protection and the best they have managed is to delay the pirates by a matter of weeks.
I have found that when a phone is bought into play during an effect the spectators often think it is an app even when sometimes its not . I have genuinely made a prediction on my memo screen as never had a pen an paper , but after the reveal the spectator said very clever but must be some kind of app . Frustrating as wasnt even using one so people do suspect phones particularly I phones unfortunately . Having said all that I do like apps but don't think they can demand a price like a Promystic product imo . If people can break into the US defence security system they can definately copy an app .
There may be two reasons for the large price tag , either to keep it out of the hands of the every tom dick and Harry which is a good thing or it could be the fact that the App Store has rejected this and they need to recoupe some money back which is not good .

Only my thoughts
[quote]
On 2012-11-10 21:04, Joe Roberts wrote:
So you can tell them their passcode, but only [i]after[/i] they enter it into your phone? You don't think a lot of spectators will draw the conclusion that you're using some piece of technology to do so? I think that's naive. And not worth $300. But good luck.
[/quote]

So you don't think when someone writes down information on a piece of a paper and you do a centre tear or peak wallet that the spectator can backtrack. Unless the information is given there is no way to access information. Now who's being naive!
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 06:42, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
We said the same when I worked at Sony as a game designer on the original playstation. The beta would not work on a standard playstation only a blue developers playstation. Copies of the beta were very tightly controlled and were digitally signed to the individual it was provided to and it also required a memory card with a private key encrypted to the individual copy in order for it to run. Despite all that the pirate version was available before we even released the game and this was something that sold for 34.99. The moment you put an app on someone's iPhone it's outside of your control and iPhone apps a far easier to crack than a playstation game. Sure the clientele on the Cafť is a little more trustworthy and discreet than the average app buyer and the desire to "spread" the software will be low in our community but the big software companies invest millions in copy protection and the best they have managed is to delay the pirates by a matter of weeks.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I was offered this at 300 bucks, and I could be anyone. This will end up as a pirate via Cydia, and anyone paying the full price now will feel that they have been robbed. Ill wait until it becomes a sale item in a few weeks.
This app cannot be compared to any Promystic product. I can perform multidimensional in another room without ever seeing/touching the cube again once it's been given to the spectator. AND they are not thinking electronics/technology when they handle my rubicks cube, with the iPhone the chances are ASTRONOMICALLY *sp* increased! I've paid $50 for an app from max Krause and it was worth it at that price point. Plus in comparison to this app, the chances of them thinking somethig is amiss is a lot lower. I can't see the justification in a $300 app at this point in time, there isn't anything THAT amazing out and I doubt there ever will be. Just my .02...
Wow $300 dollars. Kind of annoyed I bothered following this thread. I heard $16.99. Presumeably the app hasnt got 20 times as good?

Anyone who thinks that at least some spectators wont think an app is involved are deluding themselves. Ignore how smart the general public are at your peril.
Don't worry. It will be available to all and sundry in a matter of weeks. If not sooner.
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 08:57, paulyjr wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

So you don't think when someone writes down information on a piece of a paper and you do a centre tear or peak wallet that the spectator can backtrack. Unless the information is given there is no way to access information. Now who's being naive!
[/quote]

With the right justification and proper technique, no a spectator can't backtrack a centre tear or peak wallet. This is because paper and pencil are technologies they have a firm grasp on. They "know" you can't read the information without looking at it. And if done properly they'll feel you never looked at it.

An app is different. As soon as they enter the information in your phone they can always say it was "technolgoy" that read, transmitted, or broadcasted the information. There's a reason why the electronic clipboards are designed to look like a normal pad of paper, because if they think they're writing on something electronic the effect is vastly diminished.
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 14:35, Joe Roberts wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 08:57, paulyjr wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

With the right justification and proper technique, no a spectator can't backtrack a centre tear or peak wallet. This is because paper and pencil are technologies they have a firm grasp on. They "know" you can't read the information without looking at it. And if done properly they'll feel you never looked at it.

An app is different. As soon as they enter the information in your phone they can always say it was "technolgoy" that read, transmitted, or broadcasted the information. There's a reason why the electronic clipboards are designed to look like a normal pad of paper, because if they think they're writing on something electronic the effect is vastly diminished.
[/quote]
The same argument you just gave applies to the app.
It's great I've used it. And many top performers in London have just bought it, love it and use it. You're entitled to your opinion. Don't buy it!
Yes, I won't be buying it. But no, the same argument doesn't apply (the same argument couldn't possibly apply because the argument was predicated on how different technology affects the audience's perception).

Either way, good luck with it.
I tend to agree that say a SAW at £100 represents far better value. Almost everything that can be done with this app could be done with a SAW with less chance of the wallet being suspected due to the "technology". SAW on the other hand could be used for a plethora of effects that can't be done with this app. For 300 I could get a SAW. Directors cut 1 and 2 and Mental Killer which is an awesome app at a much more realistic price. With those alone I could get equal reaction over a more diverse range of effects and still have over 100 bucks to spend on some great DVD's.

This thread has caused some hype and it's a great app but it's far more limited than the thread would have you believe. Realistically you don't want them to make more than a few attempts to unlock your phone as the iPhone will temporarily block you after 4 attempts. Reveal 4 numbers that match the 4 numbers they tried in your phone in the same performance and it's a no brainier to track back. For a working pro the opportunities to reveal the info on a later date is massively limited as different date different audience. Sure in a residency you do get some regulars but again if you are a busy pro keeping track of who's pin is who's and which dob you got from which regular is a nightmare.

There are plenty better ways to spend 300 bucks. Who knows maybe Alan Rorrisons original version of this is still available somewhere at a more realistic price.
I think when you consider you can get the TA box set for less than the price of this app it puts it into perspective.
What perspective? this app has a small market and a lot of time and effort went into the fabrication and design and testing. It is constantly updated as new elements are added.
A peak wallet costs £100. All the guys who have bought this certainly have no complaints. We have also shot videos of routines and settings. It has been tested in the field by working magicians.
But that's all good. if you are interested in the app message Myke and he and Salah will sort it out for you.
Did the guys who bought it pay $300 though ?????

How much was the Pre release price that went out to some of the people on here ?

They are trying to recoupe the money and time spent by hiking the price up , it does sound ok but not for $300 surely .
Selling 3-4 at that price and he's set. It would take a butt load of sales to make that kind of money. The only thing I think is disappointing for most people is that they were quoted a ballpark price and then it got knocked out of the ballpark into a different city lol. Now he's kind if locked in at that price as the ones who paid $300 wouldn't be too happy that anyone got it cheaper
Hi guys Myke here.

I have been watching this post but I have not had the time to reply to your concerns. It has been a hectic few days, I'm working flat out here with so much interest.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm sorry that the app has not made it to the App Store we thought it Would sail through, but because our app mimics some iOS features so well, apple think that you guys may get confused as to which is the the real screens and the fake screens. That's good news because it means we did an exceptional job, bad news for you because you won't get this.

Since we announced our app, we have been bombarded with emails asking to purchase "Pre release" copies. We even had offers near the $1000 mark, TV offers. These pro performers know that this app is worth every penny of what they were offering, we did not set the price, they did. So, even though these guys were willing to shell out this money, it was just for the basic version of our app, we looked at the offers and we set a happy medium and decided that the Pre release price is $300 and offered a package with a support page where we are in a secret group where we can all discuss ideas and tips, etc etc.... We had videos shot with some great effects, explanations of those effects and some great tips on mentalism and a killer handling of a principle you all use and know.

So, everyone who did bite the bullet and bought the app did certainly pay the $300 and not a penny less. They are all extremely happy, some are guys from this Cafť and every one of them is a very busy working pro. I can not ask them to post their honest opinions if they want to say something they can, good or bad no problem.

I'm not twisting anyone's arm to purchase our app, it's on the table if you want it. I do regret announcing a price and if it did pass the apple review team you would have had this right now on your iPhones and you would have been happy. Some of you would have complained even if it was on offer for $3 and that's ok, that's just the kind of person you are and that's why your here reading this and replying.

Our app is a powerhouse utility device for mentalist's with some amazing features. I have had messages saying that it is the best iPhone app out there and probably one of the best mentalism effects they have purchased. I'm very happy with that!

Comparing our app to promystic and saying there is no comparison... Well, you can't say that if you don't have our app to compare it with.

I could tear most of you apart on all of your points regarding backtracking and the like but I'm not going to, I'm just too busy and don't want to get in to arguments. Some of you are only here to wind up other performers and stir things up, I will not rise to it, and I'm sure most can see through it.

We still have Pre release copies on offer if you're interested email me on mykephillips@mac.com it is $300.

Kindest Regards
Myke
Come on guys. Lets call it as it is! It was considered a $25 app before apple said no, so how does that make it a $300 app now. Has the app got better....no. As for limiting the number of people with it, its rubbish. Lets say they sold a few thousand in usa and uk. Its still unlikely that most members of the public will get to see it. In a niche market such as magic, the "exclusivety" is in my mind only a benefit in the heads of magicians.
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 03:30, mykephillips wrote:
We even had offers near the $1000 mark, TV offers.
[/quote]

$1000 to buy the rights to perform an effect on tv is insultingly low and it SHOULD give you some idea what the effect is really worth for the general magic public. It would suggest you're looking at a trick in the $5 range. Television rights are not generally just three times what the cost is for the normal buyer. For example, Misled is a $15 trick. When David Copperfield purchased the TV rights, he didn't pay $50.

That being said, I do think this would make a better TV trick, because then you could cut out the part where they enter their passcode into your phone.
Not for the rights, just pre release.

Myke
As it seems there will be no release the pre release is the release(:
Myke might have found himself boycotted amongst most magicians
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 07:10, Jonathan100 wrote:
As it seems there will be no release the pre release is the release(:
[/quote]

If this is the case, it's really too bad. I'm sure there are still a lot of people interested in this, like myself, that just can't justify the pre-release price. Which probably makes the people that did shell out the $300 quite pleased :)
I don't understand why Apple have rejected this. Mykes reason is that the app looks too similar to actual iOS software, however there are a few apps out there now that mimic the actual software very well!
Also the point of raising the price I can understand, but not by this much?! As for the people on here who are saying its amazing and worth the money, some if not all are friends of Myke and probably were given this free, I doubt they paid the $300 asking price!

I have no doubt this would be amazing to use, but I feel a bit let down by the massive hype by Myke, to then find out the price and added a few zeros!
I wish Myke and Salah the best of luck with this, and I'm sure anyone willing to spend the asking price will enjoy it!
As a hobbyist I can't justify the price. I just wish they had released it via Cydia instead. I really hope that no pirate copies turn up. It is a terrible shame for Myke and the team. A lot of effort has obviously gone into this app.
There is, of course, Android.
[quote]
On 2012-11-12 15:37, pegasus wrote:
As a hobbyist I can't justify the price. I just wish they had released it via Cydia instead. I really hope that no pirate copies turn up. It is a terrible shame for Myke and the team. A lot of effort has obviously gone into this app.
[/quote]

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.

I can only apologise that this has to happen this way.

Myke
Hi JPovey,

I know Lee and Niel very well, when are you next covering the magic cave stall? I will show you the app and tell you what our plans are and why the high price so you can understand exactly why.

Sorry if you feel let down mate.

Best
Myke
So to show him how it's worth the price, are you going to show him how it was made 10x's better? You have to admit that the 'out if nowhere' astronomical rise in price due to apple declining it is what has most everyone po'd. If they did approve it, the price would barely be above what you originally quoted. And to be fair, any upcoming apps from you should all be in the $300 ballpark to remain consistent.
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 10:32, lunatik wrote:
So to show him how it's worth the price, are you going to show him how it was made 10x's better? You have to admit that the 'out if nowhere' astronomical rise in price due to apple declining it is what has most everyone po'd. If they did approve it, the price would barely be above what you originally quoted. And to be fair, any upcoming apps from you should all be in the $300 ballpark to remain consistent.
[/quote]

Anyway......

Everyone who bought the app at $300 is super happy.

I "MAY" post two studio vides of the effects that are possible with the app if anyone is interested to watch??

Myke
A video demo would be great, as so far all anyone has seen is the teaser trailer thingy.. So this might help people know a bit more about you and the effect.

Myke, I'm in town Friday evening, if you wanted could meet you at the cave?? Would be great to see this in the flesh!
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 12:13, Jpovey wrote:
A video demo would be great, as so far all anyone has seen is the teaser trailer thingy.. So this might help people know a bit more about you and the effect.

Myke, I'm in town Friday evening, if you wanted could meet you at the cave?? Would be great to see this in the flesh!
[/quote]

No problem Jamie.

Myke
Sorry myke. Re-read my comments and they sounded a lotharsher than I meant. I'm sure after a lot of work and no doubt money being invested - Apple being idiots is the last thing you need. Apologies, and best of luck with this in the future. Current price is a bit high for me, but I still think it sounds good.

Paul
Video demo would be excellent and factor into purchasing decision!

Regards,
Mike
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 12:30, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Sorry myke. Re-read my comments and they sounded a lotharsher than I meant. I'm sure after a lot of work and no doubt money being invested - Apple being idiots is the last thing you need. Apologies, and best of luck with this in the future. Current price is a bit high for me, but I still think it sounds good.

Paul
[/quote]

Now that is what you call a stand up guy. Thank you Paul.

A lot of time and money HAS gone into this project and it did start out with the intention of being the best utility app available to all performers. Apple just blew our plans out of the water. :

It is a utility app for Mentalists and Magicians. It is progressing every day and will continue to do so. Those that have it now, are happy and will love what we have planed for future updates.

Some have said that this is the best mentalism "effect" they have purchased this year.

Best
Myke
[quote]
On 2012-11-11 04:02, matt-g wrote:
Gents put it into context, an app' was released where you sent someone an email they confirmed receipt but was not allowed to open it, you then ask them to think of a door number playing card etc, and when they open the email there's a photo of whatever was named.
An absolutely fantastic app and used by many regularly, however Copperfield came along and purchased the rights to the app' and paid us all off and we could no longer use it. Why ... Because he realised the potential in the effect and did not want lots of people performing it.
At $300 this is going to keep the amount of people using at minimum greatly reducing you turning up to a gig claiming to be able to create the impression of plucking thoughts from their head only to have them say 'oh my mate showed me this one on his phone'

Do I think they will assume that's it's the technology that's used to gain the info ... No not at all, this is not a case of they enter their pass code then you instantly do the same with them they can try many number code combinations and the whole performer premise completely takes it away from from what has previously been done.

Just because this is an app' people instantly associate it that it should be a cheap price but I cannot agree. The app is merely a platform, imagine you were purchasing this as an effect already on a device from your local dealer. Factor in the cost of an iPhone and your up to around $900 around 4 years ago a mobile phone was released where you could predict someone's pin number, date of birth etc and came out at around $1000 no one questioned that price either.

Look at things like Multi dimensional by promystic (another fantastic piece of kit) they choose one number on a dice you know it, again price is higher than this but people do not have an issue.

Why the hell I'm defending it I don't know the less of you that have it the better for me
[/quote]

I am good friends with one of the guys who had a hand in making the app the copperfiled paid so much money for.
Fingers crossed on an appeal if you put one in. Sounds like apple are a bit inconsistent as far as decisions are concerned!
I recently bought this app from Myke at the full price and its worth every penny! personally after seeing this performed I went out of my way to get it. I've been reading some of the threads and cant believe the time wasters on here.

This is a professional app. I am a professional magician and have nothing but praise for it. its not cheap but it gets fantastic reactions and its worth the price tag. if you don't want to buy it then don't, go back to your bedrooms and play with whatever it is you like playing with.
Fingers crossed on an appeal if you put one in. Sounds like apple are a bit inconsistent as far as decisions are concerned!
A (professional) app? Ummmk!! It won't matter if apple approves it, myke has set the price super high and cant lower it as it will make the purchasers of it at $300 very mad! And Myke, you haven't addressed my points in my previous post, please do! Most everyone wants to know
[quote]

On 2012-11-13 10:32, lunatik wrote:
So to show him how it's worth the price, are you going to show him how it was made 10x's better?
[/quote]

Yes!

[quote]

You have to admit that the 'out if nowhere' astronomical rise in price due to apple declining it is what has most everyone po'd.
[/quote]

Don't get PO'd with me I didn't reject it, apple did. Break their balls not mine. It's limited and you will get continued support in a secret group as well as an upgrade to the pro version with some amazing features.

[quote]
If they did approve it, the price would barely be above what you originally quoted.

[/quote]

You're right, not much more but definitely more.

[quote]

And to be fair, any upcoming apps from you should all be in the $300 ballpark to remain consistent.
[/quote]

No plans to release another app this was extremely hard work, months of writing, testing, ideas. Salah and I worked on this every single day to make it what it is today and we are still working to make it better.

Best
Myke
Thanks for the reply, don't let this stop you from developing other apps, just price them a bit cheaper next time and I think everyone will be happy! Take care
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 15:26, paulmartinmagic wrote:
I recently bought this app from Myke at the full price and its worth every penny! personally after seeing this performed I went out of my way to get it. I've been reading some of the threads and cant believe the time wasters on here.

This is a professional app. I am a professional magician and have nothing but praise for it. its not cheap but it gets fantastic reactions and its worth the price tag. if you don't want to buy it then don't, go back to your bedrooms and play with whatever it is you like playing with.
[/quote]
I suggest you go back to your bedroom, mouth almighty. If you think anyone here is going to listen to you then think again. Congrats on your second post.
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 17:15, lunatik wrote:
Thanks for the reply, don't let this stop you from developing other apps, just price them a bit cheaper next time and I think everyone will be happy! Take care
[/quote]

Lol

Myke
Here is one of the studio videos that we shot. It's not the basic effect for the app but its here for your entertainment and pleasure.

This is not for promotional purposes as it doesn't show the full potential of the app.

I'll post another video tomorrow. Nite all, I have to milk the horse and then hit the hay.

http://vimeo.com/paulroffman/imemo

Enjoy!
Myke
It says password required...
The password is : thanks
So to achieve a very basic effect (and in my 'humble' opinion, a very boring one), we are being asked to pay $300.

I find it hard to believe that top professionals are saying this is the best app ever.

All I saw was a very expensive Pass code screen that activates after a time delay, coupled with the ability to store numbers that a spectator enters for pre show work.

Add a 'one ahead principle' in this video......and 'out to lunch' in the second video I have watched. Come on guys THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!

Greg Rostami, Max Krause and Craig Filicetti are in a class of their own!!!!!
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 21:18, rasp wrote:
So to achieve a very basic effect (and in my 'humble' opinion, a very boring one), we are being asked to pay $300.

I find it hard to believe that top professionals are saying this is the best app ever.

All I saw was a very expensive Pass code screen that activates after a time delay, coupled with the ability to store numbers that a spectator enters for pre show work.

Add a 'one ahead principle' in this video......and 'out to lunch' in the second video I have watched. Come on guys THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!

Greg Rostami, Max Krause and Craig Filicetti are in a class of their own!!!!!
[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words RASP :)

These effects are additional ideas and not the crux of the app. We have made enough sales to not promote this any more, so we will not be submitting the video that is the heart of our app. This was purely for you're entertainment....or not lol

That is my style of performing and if you don't like it... That's ok! I'll try not to go Into a state of depression lol. I don't do hippity hoppity rabbits and I don't make ballon animals, I hate performing for children even though I have 3 beautiful BRATS of my own.

Whether you believe it or not I don't care, top pro's do have this, guys like Paul Martin and Jamie Raven who work most days at high fees. they did certainly pay $300 and they have said that this is the best app. I didn't jump on top of them and demand they say this.

No time delay method involved as this wouldn't make sense or be possible in the routines and actually if that was the method, it wouldn't be practical in a real performance situation. ' you could definitely do it in your bedroom that way'

I agree Greg Rostami, Max Krause and Craig Filicetti do have great apps, buy theirs no problem it won't effect my life.

About the price tag, I know you will never be able to "gRASP" the fact that its a whole package with pro app on its way and support. I may throw in some free future releases too for the guys in the group.

Myke
[quote]
On 2012-11-13 20:00, paulyjr wrote:
[/quote]

Can someone confirm the password? Please.
Heard a bit about this and how it works an although I don't own this it sounds to be like this is a very worthwhile app that goes beyond just unlocking (lets face it you don't need any props, gimmicks, apps, not even a pen and paper to do that ;) )
But I'm sure especially now it's not available to every store user, it's worth the high price. I can think of several ways you could use this indirectly to blow the minds of many at one time. Tempting.
I think this sounds like a wicked app and its such a shame it won't be available on the App Store. I actually quite enjoyed the effect in the demo. I think the price is steep but a developer/ creator has the right to price their product how they see fit. There's no point coming onto this thread and snapping at them. We're all magicians and should behave like so. If its to high of a price for you, then fair enough, move on. Lets stop hating!

Congrads on the app guys. If it ever hits the apple store, I'll defo be picking it up!

Jamie Daws
I was on the fence regarding this , but I took the plunge and I can tell you this app is amazing , I have spent all morning reading instructions , watching videos and talking it through with myke .
This is very very clever and if you think the price is too high that's fair enough all I can say is I'm very happy and it's only the tip of the iceberg regarding where this app will go .

Regards carl.
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 05:36, pegasus wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
The password is thanks :)
It's very strange that all the people who are willing to pay the high price for exclusivity are here telling us how great this is. You would they'd want to keep their mouth shut about it.
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 10:14, Joe Roberts wrote:
It's very strange that all the people who are willing to pay the high price for exclusivity are here telling us how great this is. You would they'd want to keep their mouth shut about it.
[/quote]

Why ?

This will not go to the masses , my comment was just stating I was happy with it .

If you don't like it don't buy it

Carl
I also would like to say I don't know the makers of this app , only contact through email and pm on here and I paid full price , just to clarify things .

Carl
[quote]
[/quote]

What exactly are you suggesting Joe?

Myke
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 11:07, carlwag wrote:
I also would like to say I don't know the makers of this app , only contact through email and pm on here and I paid full price , just to clarify things .

Carl
[/quote]

Carl paid the in full the ONLY price that this app is available at.

We traded pm's and emails and Carl decided to take the plunge. Carl is very happy with what he paid and excited about what we have talked about, especially the near future of the app. Again, I did not force or encourage Carl to voice he's excitement about his purchase.

Myke
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 09:50, djdeenasty wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 05:36, pegasus wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
The password is thanks :)
[/quote]
Thanks.
Can I just add myke and salah were working on my app last night at midnight and even though I told them there was no rush they insisted I had it ASAP .

I'm not going to comment anymore on this thread as I don't need to add anything else ,
All I will say is the support from myke and salah are first class and they have backed up there promises so far .

100% happy

Carl
[quote]
On 2012-11-14 12:14, carlwag wrote:
Can I just add myke and salah were working on my app last night at midnight and even though I told them there was no rush they insisted I had it ASAP .

I'm not going to comment anymore on this thread as I don't need to add anything else ,
All I will say is the support from myke and salah are first class and they have backed up there promises so far .

100% happy

Carl
[/quote]

Thank you Carl :)

Guys, here is another video for you.

Password: iforg
http://vimeo.com/paulroffman/iforg

Best
Myke
So I got to see this in the flesh today... It's great!!! So many uses for this it's unreal! I only got to spend a short while with Myke but from what he showed me, it really changed my views on this! About the price tag, yeah it's a lot but for what you will recieve I think it's worth it, and I'm now considering purchasing this!
Second video was much better! Great routine and I think its almost swung it for me!

Jamie Daws
Jamie, I know you'd love this.
I had a great gig tonight. I only performed it once, but it had a wonderful resonance throughout the evening. I love that chinese whispers.
Of course the first routine which hasn't been put up here is the best!
[quote]
On 2012-11-16 20:20, paulyjr wrote:
Of course the first routine which hasn't been put up here is the best!
[/quote]

I agree
Because it's a conspiracy Joe. A big magic/mental conspiracy. Against YOU personally.
James

[quote]
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2012-11-16 21:10, Xiqual wrote:
Because it's a conspiracy Joe. A big magic/mental conspiracy. Against YOU personally.
James

[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I agree with Joe. Paying a higher price for exclusivity and then coming here to pimp the product does seem strange. At the very least you're working at cross purposes.
Some of you are hysterical.
I don't get it , if you think it's too high of a price or its not for you don't buy it .

Carl
I have performed this as pre show to glean someones bank PIN for a good 20+ performances. On each occasion the participant has begged me to explain how it was done after the show. A couple of people have followed up with emails after the fact... so you're all right... this is way too easy for the spectator to backtrack...

Paul R - Hysterical indeed

James Brown
I actually think the app is interesting and I don't think $300 is an unfair price. I don't think it's best used for a "type this very specific piece of information into my phone and I'll reveal it at a later point," as some people are using it for. But that's their prerogative.

I was only commenting on what I consider to be a strange phenomenon -- that of paying for something then coming here to willfully destroy what you've paid for. The app was going to be a $15 app, then the price went to $300 -- but the increased price meant you were paying for exclusivity. It would be as if you paid a very high price for a painting from an artist, knowing that the high price was worth it because it would mean he's painting very few pieces and what you have would be rare... and then you go on the internet and encourage strangers to have him paint for them, flooding the art market with his work. It's not super logical.

So I'm left with a few options in regards to what I can think about the people behind these reviews.

1. They just have such kind hearts they don't mind undermining the exclusivity that they paid for.
2. They're shills.
3. They're too dumb to understand that with every additional one sold the value of what you paid for goes down.
4. They feel suckered, and like many people after they've been scammed, they don't want to feel alone.

I'm going to go with number one. Because I prefer to think of things that way.
173 posts 170 negative say no more
[quote]
On 2012-11-17 10:33, carlwag wrote:
173 posts 170 negative say no more
[/quote]

mmhmmm.... well, except for the fact that if you look at my posts in the last 30 days they are in support of Real Secrets, The Cooler, David Stone, etc.. The only product I posted negatively on was this one, and I've even come around on that to some extent.

So... let's see... you just lied about my posting history in order to discredit my position. That is certainly the action of someone who is "not connected to the product in any way." (wink, wink)
The guys who make this app I have never even met them only spoke via email and that was after I purchased it , Joe the comment was only tongue in cheek !

It's just I remember you one arguing about a Paul brook effect that couldn't be examined which you had a fair point but the fact was you didn't even own it as per iunlockyourmind , I understand your concerns over the large price so don't buy it and there is no need to continue on this thread is there .

If I offended you Joe I'm sorry and I apologise for that , I don't want to get into a argument over this but your insinuations that I have something to do with this app is total rubbish .

Regards carl
Apology accepted! And no offense taken. (but you're wrong, I did own the Paul Brook effect I had an issue with. Not sure where you got the idea I didn't.)

I have no issues with the price of this app. I actually have no issue with the app at all. I certainly hope people enjoy it and feel it's worth the investment.
Sorry again Joe I thought Paul has stated you didn't own it .

Have a good weekend

Carl
I am sick and fed up with the constant insinuation that I would even have the audacity to ask someone to post fake positive reviews for me.

I have never met anyone who has bought iUnlockYourMind except for one gentleman who I don't know if he wants me to say his name here. And even though I know him, he has not posted to say anything positive about my app for me. Also, we have a secret Facebook group, I have never asked anyone to come here and post their thoughts. Anyone who knows me, knows that I would never do that. Next you'll be asking for me to provide receipts to prove the people that posted on here did actually purchase the app.

There are a few performers that have expressed to me how happy they are via email but have not done so here. This could be for the reason you pointed out Joe.

All I'm saying is, anyone who comes on here saying such things.. You are out of order to even think I would do that.

Then there are some that do want to say something. They probably want our group to get bigger so they can chat about their experiences, ideas and tips.

Read JPovey's previous posts about iUnlockYourMind, then read what he said after we briefly met in London.

kindest Regards
Myke
Myke,

I completely understand. I got lost in the rabbit-hole of what I felt was a logical inconsistency, and I can get carried away with stuff like that, but that's all my posts were referencing. I don't doubt you have many satisfied customers.

good luck with this and take care.
I have a question that may be a dumb one, I'll let you all decide.

If the app is not available through Apple, how does one get it onto ones iPhone?

Steve
[quote]
On 2012-11-17 12:05, Stephen Young wrote:

If the app is not available through Apple, how does one get it onto ones iPhone?

Steve
[/quote]

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/how-to-jailbreak-iphone.htm
[quote]
On 2012-11-17 12:17, Magicsquared wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-11-17 12:05, Stephen Young wrote:

Steve
[/quote]

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/how-to-jailbreak-iphone.htm
[/quote]

we are using over the air distribution, no jailbreak required.
Doesn't apple have a 100 device limit on ota distribution? Do you have some way around that or is there a limit on the number being sold? Is there any concern about apple finding out you're using it for a finalized app and not beta testing and shutting the whole thing down?
Yes, we are limited to 100 Devices only, and this method is used by most developers in the Cafť to distribute in house as well as private apps. We have no worries about distributing this way. I'm sure that someone on this thread will try their hardest to spoil this for everyone. Even if you try, it's not gonna happen and shame one you for trying to do this to a your fellow performers.

I can understand some are unhappy and upset about the way this has gone, if I could have done it the other way, I would have. I am just another performer that has created something very special to further our art and all some of you want to do is suggest things and frighten me. Shame on you, and everyone who can read these people doing this should say something to these guys. I don't want to hate this place but there are some on here that are really negative and really shallow and make you feel what's the point. You think I want to get rich doing this, not at all, if I could give it to you for free and I thought you would appreciate it, then I would. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not in it for the money.

The fact is, I have worked on this every single day for months, writing, testing, ideas. I nearly lost my wife and kids because I was so obsessed with this project. All this to have apple reject it and now what? You want to have this taken from me. You guys really have no idea how badly I wanted you to have this app.

Shame on you all.

I'm done!
Myke, Im in full support of your app, of this thread and of your woes. We've all been through it but posts like your previous do not help the matter. For me, you have just lost your credibility. Mellow Drama is not cool. Just rise above it. There are forums on the net absolutely slamming me and my magic. I've never let it get me down and equally, ive never shown that its upset me. Your personal home problems are sad to hear but arnt meant for a public forum. If creating a magic app is having that much of an impact on your immediate life then just don't do it! soo not worth your health and your families health. Professionalism is always key ive learnt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they are entitled to twist the knife. Its part of producing magic and in the same way that celebs who put themselves in the limelight deal with the bad side of what they do, we sadly have to do the same.

I mean this with the upmost respect but I don't feel that your post helped you at all. I think you came across as a lovely chilled guy with great ideas and a passion for what he was doing. I hope I can continue my thoughts of you and your awesome app!

Jamie Daws
[quote]
On 2012-11-17 18:24, mykephillips wrote:
Yes, we are limited to 100 Devices only, and this method is used by most developers in the Cafť to distribute in house as well as private apps. We have no worries about distributing this way. I'm sure that someone on this thread will try their hardest to spoil this for everyone. Even if you try, it's not gonna happen and shame one you for trying to do this to a your fellow performers.

I can understand some are unhappy and upset about the way this has gone, if I could have done it the other way, I would have. I am just another performer that has created something very special to further our art and all some of you want to do is suggest things and frighten me. Shame on you, and everyone who can read these people doing this should say something to these guys. I don't want to hate this place but there are some on here that are really negative and really shallow and make you feel what's the point. You think I want to get rich doing this, not at all, if I could give it to you for free and I thought you would appreciate it, then I would. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not in it for the money.

The fact is, I have worked on this every single day for months, writing, testing, ideas. I nearly lost my wife and kids because I was so obsessed with this project. All this to have apple reject it and now what? You want to have this taken from me. You guys really have no idea how badly I wanted you to have this app.

Shame on you all.

I'm done!
[/quote]

Was that tirade directed at me?

I was asking what I think are very relevant questions for someone considering spending $300 on a magic app. I'm not trying to take anything away from you. I wish you only luck with this. And I'm sorry that your plans didn't work out for real distribution via Apple.
100 devices at $300 for a few months work.......$30,000!!!!! my wife would be over the moon ........
don't get disheartened
[quote]
On 2012-11-17 19:27, rasp wrote:
100 devices at $300 for a few months work.......$30,000!!!!! my wife would be over the moon ........
don't get disheartened
[/quote]

Lol, no we don't have that many lol

Thank you Rasp

Best
Myke
Mellow dramatic, me? Never! lol

Loose my credibility? now that is funny lol

Did I mention, I'm gay and sterile.. Hehe!

Seriously though, I'm still very excited about this app.

Oh! I can't take this s%#t anymore it's depressing me lol

Don't worry! Myke will be back tomorrow when he gets back from the looney farm.

F#*k , I think I just lost my credibility again, ***!

Peace out
Myke

Ps
Just wanted to add that, I don't think you read that how I wanted you to read it. Lost in translation me thinks :)

Best of luck to each and every single one of you wonderful people.
I feel like doing something very generous now!

Mmmmmmmm!
Listen guys, I didn't want you to feel sorry for me. I just think that if I want to sit in my own house, flick playing cards, tear little billets and drop them on the floor, sit at the computer all day writing and checking posts on the boggie website, playing on my mobile phone, making sponge bunnies multiply. I can, and I will, and if my wife doesn't like it, she can get the f#*k out and take the kids with her.

Now, the other day I went to the doctor and he said that I needed to have an operation on my hands. I said, doctor... after the operation, will I be able to do the erdnase shift? He replied, yes! Great! I said, because I couldn't do it before. Hehehe!

Life's a laugh isn't it?

kindest Regards
Myke
Go home, Myke. You're drunk.
Myke I know some of the posts feel like a kick in the teeth but in reality they are a back handed compliment. Such is the buzz that your app created that the disappointment felt now it is out of the reach of many of us is crushing. I for one was really looking forward to this app and I'm gutted that it is now out of my reach. When I was a working pro this would have been a no brainer and tax deductible too. But alas these days I am a lone parent raising 3 kids on my own and so I can't justify spending $300 on an effect this close to my sons 10th birthday and with Christmas on the way. But you have to do what you have to do and I wish you nothing but success with your app. Take pride in the fact that you have created something that people think is worthy of getting bent out of shape over. Those of us that won't get to perform this effect will get over it and life will go on. All the best and don't let the buggers grind you down.

Mark
Same for me....
I was waiting for this app for a pretty long time (since it's announced). I've already bought some apps (non magic) in the price range of $ 50,00. Still I think it's a lot of money for an app.
I don't perform magic for a living so the price tag of $ 300,00 is too steep for me. But it's the choice of the developers to make a decision about this.
Personally I was a bit disappointed BUT there are more worse/important things in life (c'mon guy's it's an app!)

About credibility and trust...I only have one advice. Do what you say, say what you're going to do. If you follow that simple rule nobody can complain and they can follow your actions.
If the first price was not named everything would be fine, but right now people have something to discuss (and they will!)

Good luck with this (i presume) great app! Maybe one day I will be able to purchase it, if not there are many other effects which I can use :D
[quote]
On 2012-11-17 21:26, Magicsquared wrote:
Go home, Myke. You're drunk.
[/quote]

Im at home Lol

Myke
For the next 24hrs anyone who emails me at mykephillips@mac.com I will send you a free effect at the end of the 24hrs.

This, I feel is the right thing to do for you guys on here that wanted iUnlockYourMind but can't have it.

Best
Myke
Do the masses get this too
Hi Myke. I won't take you up on your generous offer.
Because I don't think it's something you have any obligation to do.

I was really looking forward to this app when we discussed it earlier.
The fact the release plan was buggereed up by Apple and things had to change was just one of those things. S**t happens.

Unfortunately my finances don't stretch to this now.
If things change before the 100 are sold I will be in touch. If I'm too late. Just my hard luck.

I think it's very easy to throw stones and criticisms around.
Not so easy to be the one fielding them.

Good luck with this, and any other things you choose to release in the future (if you havent been put off already)

Steve
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we still have a fare few Apps still available for sale. If anyone is interested, shoot an email to mykephillips@mac.com.

We have added some new and exciting features to this already amazing App.

Best
Myke
I'm coming into this late in the game and haven't read all 10 pages of posts... but here's a thought... why not develop it for Android? Android has a much larger share of the smartphone market now (the last I saw, 68% of all smartphones run Android), so you'll reach a larger potential market, and it isn't nearly as difficult to get Android apps approved for the Google Play store as it is for the Apple Store. I'm not an app developer, but I have an Android phone, and the apps that I see getting approved in the Google Play store is sometimes shocking... nearly anything goes.
It might be more difficult to develop and test of course, but I just wanted to throw the thought out there. Cheers.
Someone did this on my missus at a magic convention.

She worked it out in about 5 seconds.

Just sayin'
[quote]
On 2013-01-08 14:13, vinnymac wrote:
I'm coming into this late in the game and haven't read all 10 pages of posts... but here's a thought... why not develop it for Android? Android has a much larger share of the smartphone market now (the last I saw, 68% of all smartphones run Android), so you'll reach a larger potential market, and it isn't nearly as difficult to get Android apps approved for the Google Play store as it is for the Apple Store. I'm not an app developer, but I have an Android phone, and the apps that I see getting approved in the Google Play store is sometimes shocking... nearly anything goes.
It might be more difficult to develop and test of course, but I just wanted to throw the thought out there. Cheers.
[/quote]

Thank you Vinnymac, I'll look into that my friend.

Best
Myke
[quote]
On 2013-01-08 14:33, Joe Momma wrote:

Just sayin'
[/quote]

Tell Mrs Momma, I'll give her a £1 for working it out ;). But I bet if I gave her a £1 for every trick of yours she worked out, but didn't tell you, she would be a rich women!! Lol

Jokes aside, honestly, I know most here are not stupid and know that it was most likely a poor, or first performance of iUnlockYourMind. You can't blame the tools.

Just saying!

Thanks Joe for you encouraging post, I really appreciate it.

Regards
Myke
Hey Joe, maybe you could start a new magic act with the saying "Just sayin'" Think about it, you would be one of the 4 million magicians that uses that worn out phrase. You could just say it over and over again. Do a trick and in a high pitched irritating voice scream "Just sayin'!" I think you would be way more successful than you are now.
James

[quote]

Just sayin'
[/quote]
Look I'm just sayin but, the android market would have been the avenue I would have gone down in the first place, for the simple reason that vinnymac pointed out. And that percentage will only increase IMO. Just sayin. And quite right android / google are far more liberal when it comes to app testing.
[quote]
On 2013-01-08 15:36, mykephillips wrote:
[quote]

Just sayin'
[/quote]

Tell Mrs Momma, I'll give her a £1 for working it out ;).
[/quote]

You want her paypal?

Thing is, it was a well known pro that showed her.

It's just not that hard to work out, is it?

"type in your PIN"

few minutes pass

"was your PIN 8716"?

wow!
Well, that's not how it should be performed Joe! Just saying!

Myke
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 07:10, mykephillips wrote:

Myke
[/quote]

Oh right. So they don't enter their PIN and then get told what their PIN was. No wonder she worked it out so quickly!
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 07:47, Joe Momma wrote:
[quote]

Myke
[/quote]

Oh right. So they don't enter their PIN and then get told what their PIN was. No wonder she worked it out so quickly!

[/quote]

Nope!

I bet you told her she was right?

Good thoughts
Myke
[quote]

Just sayin'
[/quote]

Probably a different Method by someone who doesn't have iUnlockYourMind??
[quote]
[quote]

Myke
[/quote]

[/quote]

We have posted some video links, you can watch them so you will have a better idea of the many things you can do with our app. Those videos were shot using only the basic version of the app the new version is much more advanced.
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 10:12, mykephillips wrote:
[quote]

Just sayin'
[/quote]

Probably a different Method by someone who doesn't have iUnlockYourMind??
[/quote]

That's what they said it was, and they said it was 300 bucks. So...

Are you saying with yours they DON'T type in their PIN and DOB and then after some time misdirection the magi reveals this information? If that is the case I'll buy it immediately.
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 10:36, djdeenasty wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

Myke
[/quote]

[/quote]

We have posted some video links, you can watch them so you will have a better idea of the many things you can do with our app. Those videos were shot using only the basic version of the app the new version is much more advanced.
[/quote]

He did loads of other things with it. She typed in her DOB, he revealed it. She typed in HER unlock code onto his phone and they he revealed that.

All around the same premise of the speccy typing in information to a phone, the magi taking the phone, and then the magi revealing that information.

I honestly can't see how it would fool a sack of potatoes.
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 11:21, Joe Momma wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 10:36, djdeenasty wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

Myke
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He did loads of other things with it. She typed in her DOB, he revealed it. She typed in HER unlock code onto his phone and they he revealed that.

All around the same premise of the speccy typing in information to a phone, the magi taking the phone, and then the magi revealing that information.

I honestly can't see how it would fool a sack of potatoes.
[/quote]

Are you upset or something?

This sounds like you had a more in depth performance of our App, more like "Show and Tell"

Myke
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 11:56, mykephillips wrote:

This sounds like you had a more in depth performance of our App, more like "Show and Tell"

Myke
[/quote]

Why would I be upset that your app is obvious in its workings?

It was about a 6 minute performance. After which she easily backtracked because she had put all of the information revealed into the phone.

I was watching, dumbfounded that such a thing could be conceived of, let alone developed.

"Here. type in your PIN to my iPhone"

Pause

"Give me back my iphone"

Pause

"Was your PIN 1287?"

Wow!

AMAZEBALLS!

$300?

ROFL.
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 14:14, Joe Momma wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 11:56, mykephillips wrote:

Myke
[/quote]

It was about a 6 minute performance. After which she easily backtracked because she had put all of the information revealed into the phone.

I was watching, dumbfounded that such a thing could be conceived of, let alone developed.

Pause

"Give me back my iphone"

Pause

"Was your PIN 1287?"

Wow!

AMAZEBALLS!

$300?

ROFL.
[/quote]

Okay!

I still think your upset though? Be honest!

And you know your making it seem transparent because you want to tell a good story to all you peers.
By the way, two more very happy purchasers today, so keep talking Donkey!

Just saying!

Myke
I would love to see more reviews here.. if there are people buying this app as you say, can you get them to review it maybe?

I want to read something recent from someone before plunging and losing $300.. Thanks
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 15:29, Libertus wrote:
I would love to see more reviews here.. if there are people buying this app as you say, can you get them to review it maybe?

I want to read something recent from someone before plunging and losing $300.. Thanks
[/quote]

You won't loose my friend. I can ask if anyone in our secret group can review it for you. What they have expressed is how they are the ones who know the real power in our app and that they are glad it's limited.

Like I said I'll ask.

Best
Myke
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 14:14, Joe Momma wrote:

Pause

"Give me back my iphone"

Pause

"Was your PIN 1287?"

Wow!

AMAZEBALLS!

$300?

ROFL.
[/quote]
If you were using an I*P pad to get an impression of a pin number for an effect, is that how you would present it?

If the answer is yes - that is a horrible performance and of course whatever device you used to get the information would come under scrutiny

If the answer is no - then why on Earth would you present it that way with this app?

I'm not taking sides here nor saying the app is good or bad... I'm just sayin'
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 15:22, mykephillips wrote:
I still think your upset though? Be honest![/quote]

Again, why would *I* be upset that *you* are selling an app where the speccy types in personal information to a small computer, that the magi looks at and then reveals the typed in personal information?

Just one reason will do. Off you go.

[quote]
And you know your making it seem transparent because you want to tell a good story to all you peers.[/quote]

*you're

I'm not making it seem transparent. The app does that all on its own.

[quote]
By the way, two more very happy purchasers today, so keep talking Donkey!
[/quote]

Doubt it very much. Simple screen shot of your paypal would prove me wrong though.

Look, I get it. You had an idea for an app, didn't think through the rules on app development, are now forced to illegally sell access to the 100 people limited by OTA app activation. So you are trying to make it seem cool and exclusive to attempt to make some money. If it was a 69p app I bet you'd sell a boatload. You've already stated you went a bit mental over the dev of it and almost lost your family etc. It's hard. I'm sorry you went through that.

I just hope no one reports you to apple who will then kill the app, and you'd have to refund everyone's money. That'd be awful.

But at the end of the day, the spec types in some data, the magician then reveals what they typed in. It's just not very clever, really.
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 15:47, vinnymac wrote:
If you were using an I*P pad to get an impression of a pin number for an effect, is that how you would present it?
[/quote]

No. It's not exactly how he presented it. But it is the *essence* of what happened. I think you'd need to be very dense not to realise the MO.

And I think there is a MASSIVE difference between a spec writing something on an innocuous looking impression device and a 600 portable computer, don't you?
Guys, I have to tell you that this app is amazing.

I have had it for a few months now and have since purchased it again for my business partner. Seriously this is the best app I have on my phone. The guys add new features every day one of the latest things they have added is amazing. It allows you to do everything Han off without ever touching anything.

I have developed a few routines with the app which I have posted on the Facebook group.

I could never be without this now - as long as I have my phone on me I have access to killer Mentalism material.

It's awesome

Craig
No. It's not exactly how he presented it. But it is the *essence* of what happened. I think you'd need to be very dense not to realise the MO.

And I think there is a MASSIVE difference between a spec writing something on an innocuous looking impression device and a 600 portable computer, don't you?
[/quote]

Er no I don't "Joe". But of course the people who are actually using it are the ones who use their real names and feel no need to be anonymous.
[quote]
On 2013-01-09 19:34, paulyjr wrote:

Er no I don't "Joe".
[/quote]

Really? How stupid do you think your audience are?

a) something is written down and the spectator keeps that something in his pocket.
b) something is typed into a computer and that computer is then handed to the magi who reveals what was typed in to it

You are either trolling or very dense if you think they are the even remotely similar.

Or maybe your audience is special needs kids or something?

Another point, my missus felt VERY uncomfortable that the magi had her DOB and PIN in his iPhone. Security, privacy, ID theft etc.
Myke really like the app good work bro
So dear Mr Annemann (God rest his souls) asks someone to write a wish on a small card and then fold it in half and half again.
He asks for the card back and then proceeds to rip it into pieces and then burns it.
(I'm not sure if Mr Annemann actually did this but it's only an example)

He then tells the person what they wished for.

"Wouldn't fool a sack of potatoes" to quote someone.

"It's not exactly how he presented it. But it is the *essence* of what happened. I think you'd need to be very dense not to realise the MO"

See the point I'm trying to make?

steve
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Jan 10, 2013 05:53AM)
I just wanted to let you know my thoughts on this as I'm am a member of the group and have got the app (purchased) and set up and running.

Firstly I want to state that Myke has been AMAZING to deal with, we chatted about this for some time and he took the time out to answer my every question. The secret group that you get access to is brilliant and contains some of the great thinkers and working professionals who have bought this and out using it. They are all open with sharing their ideas too. Any question is answered and help is always on hand.

Now lets look at the app itself. It is quite simply BRILLIANT in operation and extremely well thought out. I have read some peoples post on here and cant help but laugh out loud. I recall someone mentioning that they don°¶t like this app as they think that its easily figured out because their other half worked it out. OF COURSE SHE DID. I would not try this on my girlfriend, why? Simple she knows I cant read minds, she knows I'm a trixta, she knows its not possible therefore she is immediately on the look out for methods, even though sometimes she is way off.

I wouldn°¶t perform this for my mum for the same reason Éļ

If this is performed correctly, routined well and timed well then they will never question it at all.

The peek is out of this world, its hands off, they do every thing, they can enter a million combinations before you °•give them°¶ the correct one.

You could leave it at that, I mean how powerful, I will be doing this following on from my MD along the lines of being able to °•plant things in their mind°¶ put the phone away and obviously you are going to get that smart A** follow up with °•I BET YOU CAN UNLOCK MINE°¶ hahaha REALLY!!!!! Lets play!!!!!

Imagine being able to store info assigned to their name, imagine 2 weeks later being with a friend and standing by him at the ATM and saying to him, let me try and get you PIN.

Imagine being able to tell a spectator what their star sign is without having ever met them purely based on the way they are responding to your tricks.

This APP is off the hook, and its getting better and better, the developers are changing things based on the thoughts and ideas of great minds.

Its expensive, THANK GOD, what will ruin this is if everyone picks it up for $20

Please don°¶t buy this, I am happy knowing that I am one of the few that have this available when ever I like, for the right time this is as strong as it gets.

If anyone has any questions, I'm on hand to help. Please note I have never met Myke and have only recently become facebook friends to allow for chats about this. His passion is commendable.
[quote]
On 2013-01-10 06:53, Stephen Young wrote:
So dear Mr Annemann (God rest his souls) asks someone to write a wish on a small card and then fold it in half and half again.
He asks for the card back and then proceeds to rip it into pieces and then burns it.
(I'm not sure if Mr Annemann actually did this but it's only an example)

He then tells the person what they wished for.

"Wouldn't fool a sack of potatoes" to quote someone.

"It's not exactly how he presented it. But it is the *essence* of what happened. I think you'd need to be very dense not to realise the MO"

See the point I'm trying to make?

steve
[/quote]

I *see* the point, but I feel that a billet or impression device is VERY different to a £600 computer.

If you like it though, that's awesome. Lots of people like different things.

I was just pointing out what my missus thought seconds after she was shown the routine. And she never really works out tricks because she still loves the feeling of seeing magic. However, when a computer is involved, it takes away a great deal of the magic, imho.

I buy most iphone apps and the only one I use is the eWiz thing that is no longer on the market. Now *that* is a clever app.
I was just saying that my first suspicion would be with the presentation rather than the effect.

I rarely show effects to my wife. And on occasions she has sussed things out. But that as partly due to my trying out something new for the first time and not doing it justice. And the reason that was posted earlier.
You can't convince your family because they know you too well.

Steve
Ask anyone who works on an I.T. help-desk.
Number one cause of faults: User Error.

Steve
"D",
1st the circumstances of it being seen at a magic convention are slightly different.
She did put in her private information willingly, which even with a billet or other mental device would have created the same unease.
I have seen a disconnect of how one peaked or saw the info. But sure as with anything mental, the minute you have to write something down, the only logical conclusion to make is that at some point that info must have been seen.
There are lots of clever uses for this device in terms of garnering info and pre show.
I didn't realise you hated so much. Fair enough though. Can't please all the people all the time.
[quote]
On 2013-01-10 07:20, Stephen Young wrote:
I was just saying that my first suspicion would be with the presentation rather than the effect.

I rarely show effects to my wife. And on occasions she has sussed things out. But that as partly due to my trying out something new for the first time and not doing it justice. And the reason that was posted earlier.
You can't convince your family because they know you too well.

Steve
[/quote]

It wasn't me showing it to my wife, it was a stranger. He performed it perfectly well. It's just the method is screamingly obvious.

But if you all think that someone typing in a PIN to an iphone, then asking for the phone, then revealing the PIN is not intrinsically obvious in its method, brilliant. Go spend the $300 and enjoy playing with it.

Until, of course, Apple pull the plug on it for breaking their rules and circumventing Apple getting their cut. Also, of course, his dev license will be revoked.
Though it was someone else demo-ing this,
my point was that the spouse of anyone "in the business" is not a typical audience.

There are ways of presenting ridiculously obvious effects that can wow people.
It seems some have a way to present this effect and get great reactions from it.
I'd say good luck to them.

steve
It seems Joe Momma has been banned from the Cafť :(

I did enjoy reading his posts, but I enjoyed more the response to his performance limitations.

Myke
Good news.

Watch this space.

Best
Myke
Hi guys,

This is just a quick message to say that iUnlockYourMind iPhone app has been approved for the App Store.

This was a battle and a half with Apple. We wrote to them countless times, we even wrote to the top CEO but they weren't having any of it. In the end Salah asked them to call me. With a little persuasion, lol, they had to except defeat and approve iUnlockYourMind.

Anyway, Salah is away at the moment so the app is not on the App Store just yet.

I will make a post when it is here.

Good thoughts
Myke
Hi guys iUnlockYourMind is available on the app store.

Here is the app store link :

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iunlockyourmind/id566965138?ls=1&mt=8

it may takes few hours to appear on all the stores.
Regards,

Salah
I've been debating this for quite sometime but still think it looks great. Anyone using this having great success with it? Just trying to make sure the $$ is well spent.

Thanks
Defo worth a purchase Jamie.
I've been tempted with this.
The only thing stoping me is my own hang up.

If a stranger asked me to put my pin code anywhere, whether that be in a phone or on a bit of paper, there is no way I would give them my real one.

Maybe that's just me, but is this tackled in the instructions/ routine?

It really would flag the method if a mentalist revealed the made up password I just gave them.
You can say use someone else's date of birth instead of the pin
As a fraud consultant in the credit card industry it frightens me how many people put their real pins in iunlock.

Mark
[quote]
On 2014-01-25 18:23, David Klass wrote:
I've been tempted with this.
The only thing stoping me is my own hang up.

If a stranger asked me to put my pin code anywhere, whether that be in a phone or on a bit of paper, there is no way I would give them my real one.

Maybe that's just me, but is this tackled in the instructions/ routine?

It really would flag the method if a mentalist revealed the made up password I just gave them.
[/quote]

So don't do the pin code part. Tell them to put in "another number, like an important year in your life or something." Personally I use the effect just to unlock people's phones, and skip over the pin code almost every time.
I remember seeing a demo for this, does anyone know if it was in this thread? I can't seem to find it. Thanks everyone.
Hi Jamie,

If you're on Facebook I'll let you have look around the group page for a few hrs to see if you like what you see. Maybe it will push you over the edge ;)
Or not.

Myke
X
That would be great Myke :)
Jamie, it really is incredible. Just about the only app I really like using. Just the reaction when they manage to unlock your phone after you mentally sent them the code is worth the cost alone and if you leaveit there, you already have a great trick. However, despite it being stupid, people will more often than not give you their pin number, dob and unlock code for their phone.

personally, I don't act on this knowledge (instead I keep it for the future) unless one or both of the following happen. 1) they say something like "I bet you cannot unlock my phone" or 2)when they enter the info on your phone, they are very secretive. In my mind either of these indicates that they have nosuspicion that an app is in play.

For years, I have shoulder surfed people I know and have a healthy list of pin numbers and phone unlocks stored in notes. What I do now is pretend to be that person and enter the info in to IUYM, so now I have this ever increase database of useful info to use at a suitable time in the future.
[quote]
On 2014-01-27 07:37, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Jamie, it really is incredible. Just about the only app I really like using. Just the reaction when they manage to unlock your phone after you mentally sent them the code is worth the cost alone and if you leaveit there, you already have a great trick. However, despite it being stupid, people will more often than not give you their pin number, dob and unlock code for their phone.[/quote]
This is a point that a lot of people miss. I see a lot of posts saying things like "isn't it obvious when you unlock their phone after they put their code in". The reality is that them unlocking your phone is a great effect on its own merits and can stand alone, I get fantastic reactions although one person was so shocked they droped my phone. People sell padlocks just for this effect costing over 100 dollars and you then have to justify why you are carrying a padlock around.

After they unlock your phone everything else is a bonus. As Paul says, it is not uncommon for the spectator to actually challenge you to unlock their phone. It's also not that hard to get a second spectator to open the spectators phone with a little guidance. Let's say the spectators code is 7341.

Have a second spectator hold the first spectators phone, ask the first spectator to mentally send the code to the second spectator. You say to the second spectator "I'm getting an odd number what what number are you getting (it's either going to be 7 or 3 more likely 7 if they say 3 "yes I'm getting that for the second number too, I'm sensing the first number is also odd but a few higher, what do you think? Now they should give you the seven "ok put that in, and didn't you say the second number was 3, put that in too. I'm getting an even number now, slightly higher, what are you getting?..... Four I was getting a six but lets go with yours, put a 4 in, I'm getting another low number, odd again, what are you getting? One ok try that ..... Wow that's pretty amazing, you guys have a great connection.

Haha get the number 3768 and you are golden. Have fun with it jazz it up.

Mark
Myke has a beautiful way of checking wether the unlock code is genuine before you go to unlock their phone. This allows you to test the water first!

This is honestly one of my all time favorite effects!

Best Wishes Michael
Well I went for it myself. I've had a few hours to play around and I can see this being what most have said. Like any type of mentalism, it's the presentation that sells it. Looking forward to getting this out there and will post an update.

D
So I've had a chance to perform this in the real world a number of times now and will say that it simply is wonderful. The key is (like most mentalisim) the showmanship to make this work. Not once have I had someone suspect an app. The look itself is exactly like my home screen, nothing funny at all. As far as the reveal of their info goes, yes it's best to wait a bit but is not necessary. At that point I'll continue my presentation, ask a few questions then say, "let me try something with my intuition.

To be honest, the reactions are huge on this, I was very skeptical even after buying this but as I said above, it's the presentation and timing that you use that make this work. It's honestly my faveourit thing to do in an impromptu setting as it's right there ready to go. Nothing odd to carry around, just your phone and their thoughts.

If I had the money, I'd go for the other version as I feel that it's worth the price. The reactions really are that strong, maybe in the future, who knows. Great work Myke, this is a winner.

D
Any news on pro?
What news are you after?
Think pro version can only be used on a jail broken phone?
[quote]
On 2014-02-09 13:30, reignofsound wrote:
[/quote]

No this is not the case.

Works great, and just keeps getting better.

Steve
I believe you need something else for the pro version which makes it that much mor superior. At the moment, I can't afford both expenses but I truly believe it would be worth it.
Used this again today, ran into a little issue. If they have a blackberry, the passcode is longer then 4 numbers. I ended up using there pin so no worries. Anyone else run into this at any point in time?
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Feb 13, 2014 12:30PM)
Alright I just went back and read this entire thread. Some of it is downright hilarious. I understand that there was a non apple version of this for $300 that has become the "pro" version. And now there is a apple approved version for $75. Can someone please give me specifics to what the differences are? Actually if someone can PM me the specifics I really want to consider which one that I want. I have been an Android phone user but have recently bought an Ipad and I use it for a great deal of my show in different capacities.

Many thanks in advance

Gordon
[quote]
On 2014-02-09 13:54, Stephen Young wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-02-09 13:30, reignofsound wrote:
[/quote]

No this is not the case.

Works great, and just keeps getting better.

Steve
[/quote]

So the pro version is on the App Store?
No the pro version is not on the app store........... get in touch with Myke Phillips direct
I love this, but appear to be having some technical issues.

If anyone had had anything similar can they pm me?

Many thanks,

Simon
It was in fact me! Great customer services from Myke, thanks for explaining.

Simon.
[quote]On Feb 13, 2014, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:
Alright I just went back and read this entire thread. Some of it is downright hilarious. I understand that there was a non apple version of this for $300 that has become the "pro" version. And now there is a apple approved version for $75. Can someone please give me specifics to what the differences are? Actually if someone can PM me the specifics I really want to consider which one that I want. I have been an Android phone user but have recently bought an Ipad and I use it for a great deal of my show in different capacities.

Many thanks in advance

Gordon [/quote]
Can I just say , this is a phenomenal piece of mentalism. You can focus hugely on the presentation. It can be a massive five minute routine of pure entertainment and joyous bewilderment.

I've not had scream from an effect from mentalism for a while. But the theater if done correctly for the final number and then the phone opening is better than any 'reveal the number on a pad' I have seen

Astonishing. Well done. Now stop selling it.

Simon.
Furthermore, should anyone ask, I perform a lot of 'classic' mentalism. Billet switches, stacks, forces etc. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but this is what everyone talks about at the end of the night.

Well done sirs.

Simon
Thank you for your kind words Simon. Salah and I really appreciate it so much.

You make a good point about being able to concentrate on presentation with iUnlock, and this is key for real world performance, especially if you are paid to entertain.

Since the release of iUnlockYourMind there have been a few product release attempts to recreate a "Phone Passcode reveal" type effect and their selling point is, "NO APP REQUIRED", But, the reality is there are, in my opinion, only two real world practical ways to do this, have the participant write it down or use iUnlock.

Myke
X
You're welcome Myke

I generally buy a lot of stuff, some is fun, some practical with work on the routining and presentation, some downright terrible. Not for a long time have I purchased something that I couldn't put down, and went to bed with my head swimming with the possibilities. I carefully scripted the routine and pictured how it would build, the presentation for forcing the numbers in the spectators' mind, and then when I performed it the reactions we're exactly how I imagined! A beautiful, organic and inexplicable moment when the phone clicks open. And then the possibilities afterwards for clean and direct, strong mentalism just add so much.

I am always on the search for routines that can be performed anywhere , anytime. This is probably the best routine I have for that, as if you have your phone with you you can astonish anyone, anytime. As I mentioned I perform a lot of different routines, but this is the one people we're taking about!

I couldn't agree more that this should NOT be about a trick with the phone. I play this as a serious piece of psychology, forcing each number in a progressive way in the minds of the spectators. This takes any heat off the phone, as this should not be played as a trick with a phone. I've heard this is sold out now. What a shame....!

Simon.
[quote]On Sep 20, 2014, lunatik wrote:
[quote]On Feb 13, 2014, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:

Many thanks in advance

Gordon [/quote] [/quote]
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Sep 21, 2014 02:25AM)
Lunatik I am assuming that you keep quoting my post because you would like to get similar answers. I decided to take the plunge and buy the regular Apple version.

Here is what I learned. The reason that I couldn't or you can't get answers to those questions is because this is a somewhat public forum and the people who own the pro version aren't going to discuss the specifics here. But I can tell you this much. The regular version is awesome! However it just gives you a few of the basic options. But it is well worth the price. I have not yet bought the PRO version but I am definitely going to soon. It just gives you so many more options. If you are at all interested in the PRO version I suggest you just contact Myke and buy it first. Otherwise you will probably be like me and end up having to pay $345 for it. ($75 for the initial version + $270 for the upgrade to Pro)
The differences between the regular and pro are not massive but they are definitely worthwhile. I do not regret spending the extra for a second. I probably use this more than any other effect in my arsenal for casual or impromptu performances.

My routine allows one spectator to guess my bank card pin, another to guess my unlock code. I can reveal both peoples birthdates (and no they don't both put their birth dates in my phone) and then I can unlock both phones (and again they don't both put their code in my phone). There is a logical link between each phase and other than a little cold reading I don't have to do anything at all. This means that I am never in a position where I have nothing on me. I have shared my routine in the pro group.

Michael Murray has a very nice routine for iunlock that actually allows his to write his passcode on a business card before they unlock his phone. In this thread there has been a lot of focus on unlocking the spectators phone but just them unlocking your phone plays incredibly strong, far stronger than I imagined when I first purchased the app.

Mark
Marks routine is brilliant and yet another reason to get the Pro version. I, too, use IUYM Pro more than any other iPhone app (and I have many). If you're still on the fence about this (and its not a money issue for you) take the plunge. You will not regret it.

Preston
Can I ask where the pro version is sold, and what are the features of this?!

Many thanks,

Simon
[quote]On Sep 21, 2014, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
The differences between the regular and pro are not massive but they are definitely worthwhile. I do not regret spending the extra for a second. I probably use this more than any other effect in my arsenal for casual or impromptu performances.

My routine allows one spectator to guess my bank card pin, another to guess my unlock code. I can reveal both peoples birthdates (and no they don't both put their birth dates in my phone) and then I can unlock both phones (and again they don't both put their code in my phone). There is a logical link between each phase and other than a little cold reading I don't have to do anything at all. This means that I am never in a position where I have nothing on me. I have shared my routine in the pro group.

Michael Murray has a very nice routine for iunlock that actually allows his to write his passcode on a business card before they unlock his phone. In this thread there has been a lot of focus on unlocking the spectators phone but just them unlocking your phone plays incredibly strong, far stronger than I imagined when I first purchased the app.

Mark [/quote]

Mark, I am in the pro Facebook group , where did you post it? very interested....

Mark
I believe you have to contact Myke Phillips directly. You can PM him. Very easy to deal with.
Thanks everyone for the replies, very helpful! I was at a friends house last night and he has an iPhone 5S and we started to talk about the newest ones that just came out. He said that he won't upgrade as he doesn't need a bigger screen, but me having a 4S it would be a worthwhile upgrade. We got to talking about the features on his phone and he said the biggest change that he liked was the ability to use your fingerprint to unlike his phone, make purchases etc...he said its so much easier now that he would never type in a password ever again. That got me to thinking on the longevity of INYM with more and more people just using their fingerprint to unlock their phones, particularly with the cost involved. Thoughts?
Hi Lunatik,

Initially we were a little worried about this but the integration of the fingerprint scanner has made IUYM even more workable now because, I'm assuming, most people did not use their Passcodes before for their iPhones as it was a pain in the rear to keep entering it in all day. Now, with the fingerprint scanner it's very convenient to have this security measure switched on and as a result you have to have a passcode set up as a secondary method to unlock your iPhone in case the fingerprint scanner doesn't work. The finger print scanner is a little sensitive towards rain and sweat.

Myke
X
In relation to people's concerns about people revealing PIN codes, I have found that asking for a memorable date is an excellent substitute. This makes logical sense in the order of the routine also.

I always perform name/place by bob cassidy, and ask the first spectator to think of a person who has some meaning for them. I have found that if I use this routine after perform the iunlock, the chances are high of them picking the same name that relates to the date. This gives another nice 'hit' when cold reading and fishing for information prior to the name reveal, and also removes any issues around people and their PIN codes

Simon.
Thanks myke for the help, if you don't mind, can you PM me the differences between the reg and pro and the prices? thanks!
I love this app so much..

I've used it in most, if not all of my paying gigs! So it has already paid for itself. :)

I have combined this with Peter Turner's "Wish you were here" routine for close-up performances.. I have a spectator imagine a place they'd like to take a trip to, and in doing so imagine seeing the four digits as they build this image in their mind.

After successfully intuiting the pin and unlocking the phone, the exact image they had in mind is the background image of my phone!

Best regards,
Dustin
[quote]On Oct 4, 2012, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Keep your eyes peel folks. this is gonna be a killer. I just hope he dosnt price it to cheap so every punter will buy it... stick around the £20 mark, this will keep most of the joe public away from it and is still cheap enough got for the serious magi! [/quote]

If only he had taken your advice Alan. :rotf:
Pagasus.......... your point being??
Pagasus? Lol. Keep yer nose out rasp-berry.
Wow did you think that up all by yourself........... rush me to the burns unit!!
So, difference between this and Code Breaker?
Code breaker?
The difference between this and code breaker is that in code breaker the primary effect is that you unlock their phone. With iunlockyourmind the primary effect is that the spectator unlocks your phone and in doing so gives you additional info which could include their birthday, their own pass code bank pin or other key dates. Unless you are thinking of the other effect of a similar name (there are two different effects with code breaker names) in the other one the spectator unlocks your phone but you have to handle the phone. Iunlockyourmind is completely hands off and allows you to harvest additional info.

Mark
Will this be updated to accept the now default 6 digit pin? That would make the effect all the more incredible I would suggest.
Well I guess I will have to stick with code breaker by Greg Wilson and I forgot the other name. But since I have a note 4 code breaker would work better for me on others phones.
Be good for for this app to be updated as mentioned above as looks dated on my 6s with new ios
I'm in no rush to have this updated because 6 digit pins are still pretty rare as are passwords (also supported in ios9), I still mainly come accross 4 digit pins. The fact that even when 6 digit pins are common there will still be many people that stick to 4 digit pins and some that choose to use passwords means that it's not a simple update, one first has to figure out the best way to accommodate 4 and 6 digit pins and passwords.

Currently 6 digit pins are reasonably easy to handle, try the first 4 digits of your pin, now try the last 4, of course your pin doesn't work on my phone. I don't need iunlockyourmind to unlock their phone, I have multiple ways to do that so if they have a 6 digit pass code and particularly if the have a password I'm happy to use iunlockyourmind just for their birthday and bank pin (which isn't changing from 4 digits any time soon).

Mark
I haven't found anyone at my school who has a 6 digit pin.
I know Myke has had drama's with updates as Apple will not allow the lock screens to be identical in case the owner him / herself becomes confused between the two. However, I cannot see any reason why he cannot update the app to allow the new 6 digit pin divination.
Message: Posted by: magicianhelpingmagicians (Nov 5, 2015 12:59PM)
[quote]On Nov 5, 2015, pegasus wrote:
I know Myke has had drama's with updates as Apple will not allow the lock screens to be identical in case the owner him / herself becomes confused between the two. [/quote]

The app battles here are painfully dull, I am not meaning to court controversy, but sorry to say it, but that simply isn't true. There are several magic apps that are like that. It's a shame when creators refuse to do what is essentially a very simple graphical update. But, seeing as they still have to use zoom mode for the 6 plus, I cannot see Myke updating the lock screen nor the PIN issue.
Or, as I wrote before in a different thread: It is no problem at all... just a matter of presentation and asking the right questions. If someone uses a 6 digit code (besides that you can set the/your iPhone 6s to a 4 digit code as well...) you can still present it. Just tell him that you (still) use a 4 digit code... if he uses 6 digits, simply ask him to say aloud his first 2 digits and then try the following 4 digits silently (in order) on your phone to see if it unlocks... Of course it does not; it is even more believable as he tries a part of his pin code to unlock your phone... Jan
"Sometimes, the coincidences in this life just amaze me. My PIN has 4 digits. Your PIN has 6 digits. I wonder of its possible if 4 digits of your PIN just happen to be my exact PIN code. Do you think it might be first 4 digits or the last 4 digits of your PIN. Hmmm...1st 4? Okay try it. No? Try the last 4..."
Is I Unlock being updated often? Can you use it on IOS 11 and looks good? Thank you
Yes it is being updated to iOS 11 -- Myke has shown videos of the progress in the private group for owners and it looks great!!!
Is there an estimation of when is it going to be ready?

Another question was the problem for Plus devices been fixed?

Thank you
What graphic issue? I have never noticed a problem with mine, nor have I had anyone question the screen. Also, I am yet to be asked by anyone why I have not updated my phone to IOS 11, regardless
of using IUYM or any other app.

Too many people fixate on problems that they 'imagine' they have.
Rasp is you Iphone a plus or regular iPhone screen?
Mine is a 6plus and Iíve had no problems with iUnlockYourMind.

Mark
[quote]On Nov 24, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark [/quote]

Great to know mine is a 6plus too. What version do you use Standard or Pro?
[quote]On Nov 24, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark [/quote]

You have to use it in zoom mode. If youíre happy with that, great.
I donít use mine in zoom mode and still no problems. Sure if someone put their 6plus next to mine and did a side by side comparison they might notice subtle differences in font size but as yet not one spectator has ever tried to do a side by side comparison of my lock screen and theirs.

Mark
Mine is not a plus.
Iíll probably wait for the next update review to get it. Thank you all!
[quote]On Nov 25, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I donít use mine in zoom mode and still no problems. Sure if someone put their 6plus next to mine and did a side by side comparison they might notice subtle differences in font size but as yet not one spectator has ever tried to do a side by side comparison of my lock screen and theirs.

Mark [/quote]

No one has told you they noticed, but they did. Itís a massive difference. Anyone with a plus 6 or 7 or 8 would see instantly somethingís wrong.

I just donít get why itís been three years and this mistake is still not fixed. Itís not hard.

Still, glad you like it.
[quote]On Nov 26, 2017, magic___lover wrote:
[quote]On Nov 25, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark [/quote]

No one has told you they noticed, but they did. Itís a massive difference. Anyone with a plus 6 or 7 or 8 would see instantly somethingís wrong.

I just donít get why itís been three years and this mistake is still not fixed. Itís not hard.

Still, glad you like it. [/quote]

No its only noticeable if you are looking for it if you have a 6 plus, 7 plus or 8 plus. I have lost count of the number of times I have mistaken the iunlock screen for my real lock screen. Several times Touch ID has opened to the pass code screen and then I put my code in and it doesnít work, I try again it still donít work and Iím like WTF and then I realise Iím on the iunlock screen. After 35 yrears in the business I can tell when a spectator is fooled and when they are being polite and most of the venues I work people tend not to be polite and will call you out without a second thought whether they have a clue or not. If it can fool me when I know I have the app installed then it will fool spectators too particularly as Touch ID is so commonly used now that people rarely look at the pass code entry screens. Likewise most iPhone users know that you can change the text size and can use zoom mode so the slightly bigger font is not an issue.

Mark
As I said, if youíre happy, great.

Iíd not give money for an app thatís not managed a very simple graphic change in three years. Doesnít fill me with faith about the company behind it.
Updates? I mean was the graphic updated?
[quote]On Dec 15, 2017, ko_brian wrote:
Updates? I mean was the graphic updated? [/quote]

No. Itís only been three and a half years. Give him time! 😜😬😁
I am working on the latest update until 3am every day. I have also been posting videos of our progress. The entire App is being rebuilt in Swift language. Sorry for the delay.
[quote]On Dec 16, 2017, Myke Phillips wrote:
I am working on the latest update until 3am every day. I have also been posting videos of our progress. The entire App is being rebuilt in Swift language. Sorry for the delay. [/quote]

Thank you Myke, Iím just waiting thus update so I can buy it. I see a lot of potential in it. Thank you for the update.
[quote]On Dec 16, 2017, magic___lover wrote:
[quote]On Dec 15, 2017, ko_brian wrote:
Updates? I mean was the graphic updated? [/quote]

No. Itís only been three and a half years. Give him time! 😜😬😁 [/quote]
Hey everyone, I hope you are all having a great 2018 so far. I have 50% OFF everything on my website if anyone is interested.

https://www.thefraternity.co.uk

Myke
x
Looking forward to the update, however just two days ago I found myself embarrassed because I was typing my iPhone password into the IUnlock home screen (fooled myself.). Question: will your update be for both IUnlock and IUnlock Pro?
[quote]On Jan 4, 2018, Yepski wrote:
Looking forward to the update, however just two days ago I found myself embarrassed because I was typing my iPhone password into the IUnlock home screen (fooled myself.). Question: will your update be for both IUnlock and IUnlock Pro? [/quote]

Lol, I have done this many times, and Iím the creator.

Yes, update will be for both.

Myke
X
Sale is over. Thank you to everyone who took the offer.

Myke
x
I have added a video in the facebook group where I teach you how to block the home button from being pressed using a confussion technique and a way to perform Toxic force on a spectators Phone from locked screen on the iOS 11.
Is there a way for people that donít have Facebook to access this content?
IUnlockYourMind 5.0 will be released during Blackpool Magic Convention.
Looking forward to it
Is there info on what's the difference between pro and normal versions ?

I have read the first 16 pages but couldn't see it there or in the last two

Thanks
[quote]On Feb 10, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Is there info on what's the difference between pro and normal versions ?

I have read the first 16 pages but couldn't see it there or in the last two

Thanks [/quote]

[quote]On Nov 5, 2016, Myke Phillips wrote:
[quote]On Nov 5, 2016, Tony Venetico wrote:
I still wish I could know what the pro version does that the $75 doesn't. I know people say it's great, but for that cost I'd at least like to know the features I would be getting [/quote]

Hi Tony,

You can read it all on here.

http://www.thefraternity.co.uk/iunlockyourmind-cj8h [/quote]

Hope this helps Duster.

Graham
Thanks x
The first review is in and this thing in 5.0 is STELLAR!

[Youtube]1VxqnPn2zfc[/Youtube]

Cheers!

XX,
-Jakob
When is it out?
I still have 4.0
[quote]On Feb 9, 2018, Myke Phillips wrote:
IUnlockYourMind 5.0 will be released during Blackpool Magic Convention. [/quote]
Updates for iUnlock Basic & iUnlock Pro just got approved yesterday.

iUnlockYourMind by Myke Phillips & Salah Aazedine
https://lnkd.in/gg4cSvY

iUnlockYourMind PRO by Myke Phillips & Salah Aazedine
https://lnkd.in/gGP_tQV

Myke & Salah
These are on sale for the next 7 days.

iUnlockYourMind by Myke Phillips & Salah Aazedine
https://lnkd.in/gg4cSvY

iUnlockYourMind PRO by Myke Phillips & Salah Aazedine
https://lnkd.in/gGP_tQV
I just bought it and the app is great! I have two bugs on iPhone 7 with iOS 12. The letters GHI under the number 4 are not centered, but a little on the left. The four/six number pin switch works strangely, every time I try to set it for 4 digits (one vibration) it always goes on the six digits mode. It would be way more practical to let the magician decide if he wants 4 or 6 digit right at the beginning. For example if you want four you tap on the bottom as always, if you want 6 you tap two inches above.
Thank you for the attention
Myke, is it possible to get notifications in the Apple Watch? I mean, you donít have to touch your iPhone once the spectator has unlocked it, and in spite of that you are able to reveal his birthday, star sign, etc...?

What are the main differencies between normal and pro version?

Does it work properly in an iPhone XS, iOS 12.2?

Thanks in advance
Just submitted another update for iUnlock Basic and Pro version.
The new update is superb.
Kudos Myke.
Hi AntonF, iUnlock Pro already supports Apple Watch real time vibrations and notifications.

Myke
X
IUnlock 6.0 available.

You can now purchase the password lock screen for your routines.

Itís on discount for the week.

Here is the link:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/iunlockyourmind/id566965138?mt=8

Myke. X
Is this app available for samsung 8 phones?
Hey Mike, I feel silly asking (I canít seem to find it anywhere). The new purchase option is $40 and Iím unclear on what new functionality I would be adding. I currently own IUnlock not iUnlock Pro.

Thx in advance

Scott
[quote]On May 23, 2019, Yepski wrote:
Hey Mike, I feel silly asking (I canít seem to find it anywhere). The new purchase option is $40 and Iím unclear on what new functionality I would be adding. I currently own IUnlock not iUnlock Pro.

Thx in advance

Scott [/quote]

Hi Scott,

The in-App purchase is to use a password/passcode. Essentially, you will be able to reveal words, names etc etc
Hi Myke,
I have the iunlockyourmind app. I just wanted to ask, If I want to upgrade to pro do I pay the difference or the full amount for pro. Thank you.

Kind e-cards,
Shahin
[quote]On May 26, 2019, GaMBiT_101 wrote:
Hi Myke,
I have the iunlockyourmind app. I just wanted to ask, If I want to upgrade to pro do I pay the difference or the full amount for pro. Thank you.

Kind e-cards,
Shahin [/quote]

Inbox me on messenger and Iíll give you instructions.
Message sent :)