(Close Window)
Topic: Super contest!!!
Dear members, right now I'm finishing my new Tenyo video (I'm very exited because my last Tenyo video was made in June/2011!!!)....the trick on the video is one that is not mentioned so often as a favourite by the members because is a little bit underestimated in my opinion......but for me it has been always a "special" one......not sure why....I just think that the props and method are interesting and unique and deserves more attention.....

Anyway I made some little changes in the props and also found a different way to perform it resulting all this in a much more mistifying routine (I hope).......soon I will upload the video.....

The thing is that a member here suggest me the idea of a contest....and I think that it's a cool and fun idea......so here it goes:

For the first member to guess the Tenyo trick of my next video I will send a Lady to Lion Illusion with the super magical and mysterious four dimensional window manufactured by myself specially for this trick (sorry for my craftman skills ;) ).....here you can see what I'm talking about:

http://youtu.be/EZakwm6oesc

I know that it's a modest prize......but is a good excuse to have some fun with this contest....

I will give you just 3 hints one right now, second one tonight and the last one tomorrow......I you feel that you know the answer you can post it right now without the need to wait for the next hint.......but.....only one post per member.

OK this is the first hint:

1.- The Tenyo prop consist of 4 parts that can be inspected before and after the trick without any swith.

Good luck!!!
Great idea Roberto! Your trick looks great by the way :)

How many guesses do we get? I believe one each and if it is wrong we're out?
Can we ask questions? (I guess not ;) )

Looking forward to your new Tenyo video ... a SHAME you haven't been performing/uploading Tenyo-tricks for so long! ;)
I hesitate between 4 ... Not easy... The one I think is NEVER mentionned as favorite so I think it's not this one but I think it's ,maybe, an understimated trick ...
The second one I think is very classic trick, very plastic props, so I don't know if you can have a real "Love" for this props.
If it's the third so... for sure I never like this one, and lot of magician like it. But make changes in the routine and props don't look easy.
The last one is the most modern one, but like the 3rd not sure about modification.

I will wait the second Hint...
:worry:
Maybe I don't understand in fact. You have created The mysterious four dimensional window for your new Tenyo Video ??
Love it Roberto! Both your idea and your recent video. I have to say for what appears to be 2 pieces of cardboard , I for the life of me can't figure out how that girl changes to a lion. Might have to do with Camera angle because I can't see the sides really to see if you are doing anything with your hands, which I don't think you are...anyway I love it and would love to have one. As far as a guess I have @ a 1 in 250 chance. I will have to think about it and wait maybe for a hint of sorts like the others.
Great video as always.

The artwork on the trick looks like the flat cardboard Floating Lady. I wonder if it is the same manufacturer.

I am stumped. I have a guess but my choice would not make a great video so I am probably wrong.

What would we do without Stereo's site? I used it every day at least a couple of times and it makes it easier to try and find the answer to this contest.

<Richard, please insert standing ovation for MP and Stereo>
You are correct John, without Stereo's fantastic website database of Tenyo, that I refer to all he time for a review or to get T numbers etc and Robero's wonderful YouTube site with all his demos of all the kinds of effects I like including Tenyo...They both have saved me lots of time finding information about effects I want to acquire... Bravo guy's.
Yes and for sure both Davy and Roberto have done a great deal to grow interest in Tenyo.

I discovered Tenyo just under 10 years ago and used Angelo's site (http://www.tenyoworld.co.uk) for information that help me buy about 40 Tenyo magic tricks at that time.

Then under a year ago, I saw and auction on ebay for a lot of Tenyo and discovered Davy's site to find out more about the tricks in the lot that I did not know about. That was Hundreds of Tenyo's and Thousands of Dollars ago.

It is a crying shame that Stereo and his site and Roberto and his videos have not been recognized by Tenyo.

Every year Tenyo sends out a free set of the new Tenyo to dealers and others in the magic community.

Stereo and Roberto should be the first ones to get that shipment so they can get the information out to all of us.

Roberto can make quality videos of these new tricks like no one else can and Stereo can present this information in a clear concise manner on his site.

Maybe someone out there with connections to Tenyo (Richard, Angelo, Hitomi, ???) can suggest to Tenyo that it would be a great and prudent idea to put these two Tenyo advocates on their list.

Just my opinion.

John

<Richard, we need some graphics of a "crying shame"> Sorry to back you up but your funny additions are hilarious!!!
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/a3m2pi.gif/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img832/9246/a3m2pi.gif[/img][/url]
Is that Richard Kaufman at the Genii Convention?
Well, that was your funniest post for a while, Mazza! :)
It's past midnight in Canada. What time is it in Chile, Roberto?
I broke my "Black hole" in 4 examinable pieces to make it work... Does it count?
[quote]
On 2012-10-06 11:42, Killertweety wrote:
Great idea Roberto! Your trick looks great by the way :)

How many guesses do we get? I believe one each and if it is wrong we're out?
Can we ask questions? (I guess not ;) )

Looking forward to your new Tenyo video ... a SHAME you haven't been performing/uploading Tenyo-tricks for so long! ;)
[/quote]
lol....yes it's true...long time without Tenyo videos...

It's only one guess because is the most fair way that I thought that this could be made.....
[quote]
On 2012-10-06 14:56, stereo wrote:
Maybe I don't understand in fact. You have created The mysterious four dimensional window for your new Tenyo Video ??
[/quote]
Sorry if there is some misunderstanding.....let me clarify:

_ I didn't manufactured/invented the Lady to Lion Illusion......as it's stated in the video description is is a cardboard trick from the India.
_ I just manufactuted the red/silver round window.....that is a tool to perform the Lady to Lion trick in my way instead of the intruction routine.
_ The window is part of the prize together with the Lion to Lady trick....and is not used in the performance of the upcoming Tenyo video.

Cheers
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 00:13, simcoscor wrote:
I broke my "Black hole" in 4 examinable pieces to make it work... Does it count?
[/quote]
Definitive answer???....lol
[quote]
On 2012-10-06 17:37, John Mazza wrote:
Yes and for sure both Davy and Roberto have done a great deal to grow interest in Tenyo.

I discovered Tenyo just under 10 years ago and used Angelo's site (http://www.tenyoworld.co.uk) for information that help me buy about 40 Tenyo magic tricks at that time.

Then under a year ago, I saw and auction on ebay for a lot of Tenyo and discovered Davy's site to find out more about the tricks in the lot that I did not know about. That was Hundreds of Tenyo's and Thousands of Dollars ago.

It is a crying shame that Stereo and his site and Roberto and his videos have not been recognized by Tenyo.

Every year Tenyo sends out a free set of the new Tenyo to dealers and others in the magic community.

Stereo and Roberto should be the first ones to get that shipment so they can get the information out to all of us.

Roberto can make quality videos of these new tricks like no one else can and Stereo can present this information in a clear concise manner on his site.

Maybe someone out there with connections to Tenyo (Richard, Angelo, Hitomi, ???) can suggest to Tenyo that it would be a great and prudent idea to put these two Tenyo advocates on their list.

Just my opinion.

John

<Richard, we need some graphics of a "crying shame"> Sorry to back you up but your funny additions are hilarious!!!
[/quote]

If this is the case John...you should be part of the development department with all your ingenious ideas and variations for the routines.
[quote]
On 2012-10-06 16:28, ChasVH wrote:
You are correct John, without Stereo's fantastic website database of Tenyo, that I refer to all he time for a review or to get T numbers etc and Robero's wonderful YouTube site with all his demos of all the kinds of effects I like including Tenyo...They both have saved me lots of time finding information about effects I want to acquire... Bravo guy's.
[/quote]
We share the same taste regarding magical apparatus in general ChasVH.......I'll keep waiting your next PM with your new findings!!
OK here is the second hint (tomorrow about mid day will post the third one):

2.- One part is metallic....and the other three parts are plastic....one plastic part goes inside the other.....and this two together goes inside the third one....
Ooooohhh the tension! I have an idea or two but perhaps I'll wait for the third tip :P
Well I try Crystal Cleaver... wait and see...
[/quote]
If this is the case John...you should be part of the development department with all your ingenious ideas and variations for the routines.
[/quote]

I would love that, I need a job. I think the Bird Watcher Too could be a Special. I looked on their site for information about submitting ideas, but did not see anything but a generic inquiry form.

John
I'll take a stab at the mystery trick. How about Lancelot?
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 10:49, xl18 wrote:
[/quote]

It's the one I think at first, but don't look to have 3 plastics part :( So I Change my mind.
Thought about Lancelot too, but as Davy said no three pieces of plastic. Crystal Cleaver has two metal parts: the spring and the sword :P
I think you're right Xl18...
I thought I had it but if Roberto's tips are accurate Confined Cubes isn't a possibility, I thought the stick was metal but it's plastic.
I Think about Magical Door but there is 2 metalic part, like Super phanto block lol And I think about Bolted too at first but it's not examinable at all.
Can't be Crystal Cleaver because that is Super Appreciated not Under Appreciated.
:confused: I just went through Stereo's entire list of Tenyo tricks on the blog, and I still can't think what the trick can be. I got a couple of maybe's. I guess I'll just have to wait for the last clue.
Lancelot: the plastic card goes in the plastic sleeve, both go in the plastic box. The sword is metal. Everyting can be inspected before and after. For the effect, it has a 4/10 on Stereo's blog: it is underestimated...
Right, there's a plastic card, I totally forgot about that! Darn, I believe we have a winner :)
Hey, I was just about to post that! I went through my list of maybe's and then I remembered about the plastic card. Well, that's what happens when you take to much time to think.

Congratulations simcoscor! I hope it's the right answer.
I don't think it is Lancelot. There is not 3 plastic pieces. The cover and bottom are one piece.
You have the box, the plastic sleeve and the plastic card. That's three :)
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 14:46, Killertweety wrote:
You have the box, the plastic sleeve and the plastic card. That's three :)
[/quote]

OH!

I think that is it.

My guess was going to be Merlin's Coffer.
Let's wait and see what the Judge's verdict will be.
For me this is not plastic card on lancelot, you can tear it, it's just glossy paper. It's for that I don't say this one even it's the first I Think.
I think about Merlin's coffer too but it's not examinable nor before (you hears the coin slide inside and the coin can fall too) , and after.
My Lancelot has a plastic card, maybe yours was a replacement.
I thought of both Lancelot and Merlin's Cofer and Confined Cubes but all don't really seem to match all of Roberto's criteria. A real fun hunt Roberto, unfortunately my wife has honey do's or me all day so I probably will be late to the party on the guess. It might take the third hint to know for sure what it is as according o Stereo's site there are 115 examable Tenyo effects. Enjoy the hunt everyone!
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 13:32, Izzy Jay wrote:
[/quote]
Xl18 got the answer :), not me :(
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 16:05, simcoscor wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 13:32, Izzy Jay wrote:
[/quote]
Xl18 got the answer :), not me :(
[/quote]

Well either way, I figured it to late :pout:
I'll just have think faster nex time ;)
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 15:42, John Mazza wrote:
My Lancelot has a plastic card, maybe yours was a replacement.
[/quote]

I have a real one but for me it was not what I call plastic. Yet I looked before but I thought that was not. Indeed it can be considered as plastic finally. Seeing things this way then I think Lancelot is the good answer. But as I say in my first post, this one is NEVER mentionned as favorite.
Congrat to the winner if it's the right trick !! :o)
[img]http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Simon_Corneille/Tenyo/Lancelot.jpg[/img]
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/1243725309wutwutdz88sl.gif/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img836/2596/1243725309wutwutdz88sl.gif[/img][/url]

Ok lol FAIL ;)

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/1243687118krokmitenrami.gif/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img338/493/1243687118krokmitenrami.gif[/img][/url]

or

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/tumblrm6f0rsembw1rwjdb2.gif/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img11/2201/tumblrm6f0rsembw1rwjdb2.gif[/img][/url]
[quote]
On 2012-10-07 10:49, xl18 wrote:
[/quote]

You got it xl18!!!.....Lancelot is the trick....congratulations!!!.....will send you a PM.

Thank you all for the participation.......simcoscor suggest me the idea after I won the contest he made to indentify the non Tenyo trick on his collection.....not sure if previous contests has been made before here in the Tenyo section but I think it's very entertaining.....and it would be a lot of fun to see more...

For the record....the third hint was: 3.- It's a penetration effect....and the item that you use for the effect can be provided and signed by the spectator.
Sorry For The Delay Better Late Than Never :)
[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~richardw3/Cafe/Crying-Shame-02.jpg[/img]
Just finished the Honey do's.... what did I miss? ***.. Lancelot... you see I'm at a dissadvantage becasue I don't own it yet (Hint Hint... anyone have one for sale?) beacuse of Stereo website it was down on the list of what to get... now I apparently need to get it. Looking forward to the video Roberto.
Yes definately looking forward to a good video of this trick and thank you for the contest! :)

By the way, I personally would not give out the Lancelot case to be examined by spectators as they will break it for sure.
Just opening the case all the way back a number of times will cause the "hinge" to break apart. At least that has been my experience.
I have to say to roberto that I received many complaints, on the blog email, about your video of Tunnel Of Darkness. (I do not know why they sent me to me and not directly to you lol)
Anf finally I am agreements with these persons, it's not fair to make video trick, especially for a trick which is often sold more than one hundred dollars. People are really disappointed after and have the impression of being deceived. ( It happened to me too when I received the trick I was really disappointed because it does not correspond at all to your video ).
I promised these people to tell you , It is done lol
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 01:01, xl18 wrote:
Yes definately looking forward to a good video of this trick and thank you for the contest! :)

By the way, I personally would not give out the Lancelot case to be examined by spectators as they will break it for sure.
Just opening the case all the way back a number of times will cause the "hinge" to break apart. At least that has been my experience.
[/quote]
After all the trials I made for the video I broke mine :(
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 11:39, stereo wrote:
I have to say to roberto that I received many complaints, on the blog email, about your video of Tunnel Of Darkness. (I do not know why they sent me to me and not directly to you lol)
Anf finally I am agreements with these persons, it's not fair to make video trick, especially for a trick which is often sold more than one hundred dollars. People are really disappointed after and have the impression of being deceived. ( It happened to me too when I received the trick I was really disappointed because it does not correspond at all to your video ).
I promised these people to tell you , It is done lol
[/quote]
Thanks for the info stereo.....yes I'm guilty of taking advantage of camera angle restrictions.....In my defense I have to say that there are no cuts on the video....but I agree that it would be more fair to just palm the gimmick at the beginning.....
In my opinion there's absolutely nothing wrong with the video ... come on, how many times I bought a trick to figure out the performance was 'staged' or 'cut' in ways to make it look so much better ... not countable. And Roberto isn't the manufacturer of the trick, so what the heck are people complaining about!

By the way Roberto, your Lancelot broke if I understand correctly? Will there still be a video of it?
[quote]
On 2012-10-11 03:16, Killertweety wrote:
In my opinion there's absolutely nothing wrong with the video ... come on, how many times I bought a trick to figure out the performance was 'staged' or 'cut' in ways to make it look so much better ... not countable. And Roberto isn't the manufacturer of the trick, so what the heck are people complaining about!

[/quote]

Yes but, it's fair or not for the buyer ?

Palm the gimmick at the beginning ? I want to see that... seem not easy att all. It's really possible in real life ? and nobody noticed anything? I want to see it!
[quote]
On 2012-10-11 03:37, stereo wrote:
Yes but, it's fair or not for the buyer ?
[/quote]

Roberto doesn't sell the trick, that's why I say there is absolutely nothing wrong with his video.
[quote]
On 2012-10-10 11:39, stereo wrote:
[/quote]
Davy, if you are not comfortable with Roberto's ToD video, shouldn't you simply remove it from your blog? If you keep it there, one might perceive that you endorse it... my 2
Ah ok sorry...
Whatever happens I do not see the interest of this kind of maneuver... but that's just my opinion.
Davy, I agree with you in the context of a promotional video to sell a product... but hey, for those in the know about ToD, Roberto did a heck of a job with his video! I had to look at it 3 times to understand what was going on! Of course it's limited by the camera angle (just like the vanishing of Statue of Liberty by Copperfield), but the result is just great! I really hope that Roberto will share more like this one (for us in "the know", not to increase the Tenyo's sales!). Don't you think so?
Simon
I really love roberto's video. No doubt about it. But if I had the choice I would prefer that there was no video tricks. I do not say anything else.
With all due respect to Roberto,(Whom I consider a friend & excellent video performer), I side with Davy on this 1. Video tricks are the Cris Angel school of cop-out domain. The point is, any new buyer of this effect will be disappointed because he/she will be unable to perform the effect as shown. General lunch-bag letdown. Is Roberto responsible for people's expectations?...h*ll no, but still.
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/3e690441b9ab33097cc991b.gif/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img248/4764/3e690441b9ab33097cc991b.gif[/img][/url]
Roberto deliberately makes his videos in a way no one can know how the trick works and that is how I would make them too. Roberto is NOT making an official demo of the Tunnel Of Darkness trick, so he can do what the h*ll he wants as far as I'm conderned.

As with all his videos he adds an 'extra thingy' that makes it unique, and in this case he uses a bit of a camera 'thingy' ... so what?! As long as he doesn't use false (film) cuts etc. ... it's OK for me.

No, I absolutely do not see the problem, sorry guys ... just my opinion.
In this case you can do everything and anything ... I do not agree. To protect the secret of Vanishing Point I will make video trick to show my hand empty at any time, or show both sides of 4-Dimensional Trunk case at the begining, or make the white dice of Crash dice roll on the table before putting it in the clear plastic box, and why not actually make the stone really float erasing the gimmick of Anti Gravity Rock ? Come on...

His video is callin "Tenyo Tunnel of Darkness" .. It does not say "here is the imaginary vision of what the trick could be but is not in reality".
This video is a big lie, no need to lie to protect the secret ... None of the people whom I've been perform the trick has understood how it work, and yet I have not cheated.
It is not difficult to admit that this way of doing is not honest. It really is the easy way.
Any way when all the people who buy the trick after seeing the video , are disappointed that there is a problem.

I widely prefer a video as Space Tower where he demonstrated imagination, creativity, without the need to cheat, to sublimate the effect.

The debate is over, everyone will own opinion. I put a warning message on the blog, and I said that the trick is not examinable.
I have in high consideration all the members here......so I trully apreciate honest opinions supporting or against the videos.......you can also share your opinions by commenting on the youtube channel........the only comments that I erase are the ones that intend to reveal/explain the trick....

I would like to emphasize that I never make cuts in the videos but I always cheat in one way or another.......for example to hide some "noises" with the music is kind of cheating.........other times the handling goes well in only 1 of 5 repetitions and this succesfull attemp is the one that goes in the video, but it could be considered as not fair to show a video of a performance that could fail in 4 of 5 attempts.......and so on.

Anyway....I was able to made the video just before the box broke.....so here is the video of Lancelot.... ;):

http://youtu.be/RdsHXVemshY

(LOL.....I just upload the video and the first comment say that the music is annoying and ruins the trick!!........:mad:)
Well it's ok Roberto it can't always go the way you like it to making video's. Here is a classic example of 4 attempts I made doing the famous hat trick that didn't work right any of the 4 times. Nothing up my sleeve....presto! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRW7pITY5Cg&feature=fvwrel

Richard

[i]"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"[/i]
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 05:11, MrWizard wrote:
Well it's ok Roberto it can't always go the way you like it to making video's. Here is a classic example of 4 attempts I made doing the famous hat trick that didn't work right any of the 4 times. Nothing up my sleeve....presto! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRW7pITY5Cg&feature=fvwrel

Richard

[i]"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"[/i]
[/quote]
LOL.....that's a good example
Roberto, how the heck did you do that - you use Lancelot's gimmick in a very special way ???

This is what I mean ... always something 'special' in your routines, I love it and I encourage you not to change the way you perform your tricks in the future (sorry to some people ;) )! If I need a video of TOD or Lancelot or ... perfomed exactly as the manual sais I can just perform the trick myself and film it ;)
It was the special music that temporarily hypnotized you while he actually opened and took out the bill and put it back in before you regained consciousnesses :)

Like when you get abducted and probed by an alien there is lost time. :yikes:
If Roberto explain in a "Tips" how it's possible maybe I will like it. I have try but impossible for me to do the same in this way. He do not use the plactic card too wich is the main gimmick normally. Maybe he make one completely transparent so you can's se it. But it's do not explain how the props come in the right position.
Congratulations Roberto! You fooled me with this one! :)
Fooled me totally. I don't even know how it is done normally since I don't have one. I thought maybe he ditched something in his lap when it was facing him but doesn't explain how it is still there when opened so that isn't the answer. I think it is some kinda magic! ;)
[quote]
On 2012-10-12 15:45, Killertweety wrote:
Roberto deliberately makes his videos in a way no one can know how the trick works and that is how I would make them too. Roberto is NOT making an official demo of the Tunnel Of Darkness trick, so he can do what the h*ll he wants as far as I'm conderned.

As with all his videos he adds an 'extra thingy' that makes it unique, and in this case he uses a bit of a camera 'thingy' ... so what?! As long as he doesn't use false (film) cuts etc. ... it's OK for me.

No, I absolutely do not see the problem, sorry guys ... just my opinion.
[/quote]
To add my 2C: I do agree with Killer.
The video does not claim to be a video demo for a certain Tenyo trick, it doesn't claim anything...in fact it's just: Roberto's magic!
The fact that he uses a Tenyo item as starting point is known to us but is actually totally irrelevant.

Along the same lines, not knowing the way how he performed Lancelot later on is no reason not to like it; Roberto shows that it obviously IS possible to perform it the way he does - and complaining about him apploying trickery, misdirection or anything else is childish - I mean, what magic performance goes without that?
[quote]

Roberto shows that it obviously IS possible to perform it the way he does...
[/quote]

Possible Only in video... (Tunnel of Darkness)
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 10:47, Killertweety wrote:
If I need a video of TOD or Lancelot or ... perfomed exactly as the manual sais I can just perform the trick myself and film it ;)
[/quote]

Not only thinking of you Killertweety ;)

I see you ask on comment to Roberto to explain you in Pm how it work. It might be more fun than it benefits the whole community.
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 15:51, stereo wrote:
[quote]

Roberto shows that it obviously IS possible to perform it the way he does...
[/quote]

Possible Only in video... (Tunnel of Darkness)
[/quote]
Only??

- That's what Copperfield, Angel and others have built their whole career on.... LOL :bigdance:
And so you think it's good ?

Everyone has their own vision of what the magic is. Criss Angel & company have never been part of my references. ( I do not think you can put David Copperfield in this category).
The other night I saw a program with Dynamo ... I have looking ten minutes before zapping. This is not magic, it's ******** without soul, without universe, without interest... it does not make me dream, not even a little. If for you that's the magic too cool, good for you ;o)

I told Roberto that I thought. If I have the choice I prefer without camera tricks, rather than. I prefer a video as Space Tower or Shrinking pen, rather than Tunnel of Darkness. Now He will do what he wants. This is only my humble opinion.
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 17:29, stereo wrote:
And so you think it's good ?
[/quote]
Is a trick bad because it has angle restrictions?

Of course, we'd all prefer to have the failsafe universal killer workhorse in our arsenal that blows people away, be it in bright or dim light, with audience members standing behind and 10cm close-up....but reality is: you can't have everything.
It's plain trickery this is all about - otherwise we'd discuss about it in the Randi section of the forum! :D

Good night, Davy, I'm off to bed....
[quote]

Is a trick bad because it has angle restrictions?

[/quote]

I do not see the connection....

Good Night :)
I'm happy to share what I did in the video......without revealing the trick for the ones that don't have it....

Firt, as stereo suposed, I change the white card for a translucent one with similar physical properties ;)....you know what I mean....

This is because this way it looks that you are just simply puting the bill in a trasparent envelope......this is still hard to justify to the spectator......but is easier than justify the envelope + the white card....

Also I think that the effect looks cleaner this way.

For the positioning of the gimmick.....is much more simple....I just blow....yes....and if you practice the right angle and intensity it works 5 of 5 times :) .... in the video you can see at 01:02 that the hair in my left arm betrays me....

The good thing is that you can do this in real life with the involvement of the spectator.......you can ask him to blow the piece of paper and then you do your magical blow on the bill.....you can tell them that this is a testing device to check if you have the magical blow or not and bla bla bla.......and at the end of the trick you compares the result of both blows..... :eek:

Regarding the piece of paper in order to not be affected by your blow it just need to be cutted the same dimensions of the recess in the box and just make it a little bit curved so the extremes touch the box but not the center......
That is nice and very clever, and as you say it's possible to use this tips in real life situation. Bravo.
It's funny ! not that simple, each time I blow the envelope come in the wrong side (to me and not the bottom of the box). Everytime !
My friend try and for him it always come in the good side. We got a real fit of laughter. A total sketch...
It's just crazy...
Seems to work fine for me!
I always thought the most suspicious part of the trick was positioning the envelope. I never thought of blowing it in place. It's a great idea and I'll definately have have to try it next time I perform it.
By the way I was able to repair my broken Lancelot with some clear tape on both the outside and inside of the hinge. It seems to work and really isn't that noticable.
After reading through this, I had to go back and watch the ToD video to see
what the big broo-ha-ha was all about. Now that I've seen it I too have
my opinion;
1- I really hate magic product advertisements & videos that are misleading in any way!
2- I really hate Chris Angels camera work to sell his magic. That's not magic!
3- Roberto is neither selling product or himself, so he gets a pass on camera work;;;;;;
& is free to do whatever he wants.
SO,
4- Caveat Emptor
HOWEVER (& with apologies to Roberto),
5- To me, in the final analysis, it is deceptive presenting a magic video purporting
to demonstrate an effect in a way that cannot actually be done.

Well, that my 2 cents & Roberto, THANK YOU for all the other videos :) They are AWESOME!!
I smell some sort of misunderstanding so I think it's necessary to re-emphasize that my post regarding Angel & Coppeffield had to be taken with a huge grain of sarcasm (that's what the dancing devil stands for...)!
IMHO, both guys did no service at all to the art, and the difference to what Roberto's doing in his excellent videos is that C&A [i]abuse[/i] the medium and deceit their followers in order to make profit only.
[quote]
On 2012-10-13 22:30, xl18 wrote:
Seems to work fine for me!
I always thought the most suspicious part of the trick was positioning the envelope. I never thought of blowing it in place. It's a great idea and I'll definately have have to try it next time I perform it.
By the way I was able to repair my broken Lancelot with some clear tape on both the outside and inside of the hinge. It seems to work and really isn't that noticable.
[/quote]
Yes...I did the same.....but it doesn't look that it will last for so long.

MrWizard recommended me to use one or two small brass hinge.....so I will try this....you need to glue them in the outside of the box.....because using screw and bolts could affect the interior working of the gimmick....
Good idea it can make a very nice design if you add brass hinge and add density of the props along the sword.
They make nylon hinges for remote control airplanes. They might be good to use.

I would just go with the tape like xl18. Packing tape on both sides should be strong enough.
Huge fan of Cormatches videos.
Lol....talking about camera angles and video tricks.....take a look!!:

http://vimeo.com/6782769
Definition of TRICK:

a crafty procedure or practice meant to deceive or defraud (eyes and/or mind)......

So why blame Senior Roberto del magia de Patagonia for little dishonesty - If any!

Lol...

Que tal senior Roberto :) ?
Now that video has an angle with a dangle did not expect that! :applause:
[quote]
On 2012-10-15 05:12, magic patagonia wrote:
Lol....talking about camera angles and video tricks.....take a look!!:

http://vimeo.com/6782769
[/quote]

This also looks cool ...
http://video.fr.ca.msn.com/watch/video/illusions-vous-nen-croirez-pas-vos-yeux/1gmc4d3k0
This guy (Simon already posted one video) has some great visual illusions on his Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/brusspup
Sounds like a good intro for the Haulin Oats solution, hey David? ;)
Indeed Simon ... nothing is impossible, and as my fellow compatriot Audrey once said:

[i]"the word itself sais "I'm possible" ;)[/i]

(I didn't know that, I just looked it up to be honest ;) )

:xmas:
Despite being an old topic just wanted to add my comment. I usually find that people who perform magic badly in real life, such as not being able to palm correctly, or do that second deal convincingly, usually resort to using the video to hide these short comings.. such as using camera angles, editing the video or using stooges or fakes JUST for the filmed version.
I enjoy watching all magic on video, but it would be nice if the maker mentions in the description that what they are performing is not how its done in front of a live audience but an interpretation of the effect to protect the secret of the original trick (or be honest and say that they are not good at sleight of hand so they cut that bit out!!!).

Remember dealers have been faking their videos for years, I won't mention the names but even respected magicians do so, but even before the days of youtube and internet, I have plenty of magic catalogues whose descriptions leave a lot to be desired (just a shame the trade descriptions act does not apply). How many times have you watched a demonstration where they say "here is an ordinary deck, no fakes, no duplicates", then when you buy the trick, it contains fakes or duplicates!!!! Bah!!!!
I seem to remember an effect in which a magazine "magically expands in size." This turned out to be dealerspeak for "unfolds."