(Close Window)
Topic: How to wash Norm Nielsen Dove?
Has anyone ever washed the Norm Nielsen latex dove? My dove is kind of old and turning yellow. Before I retire it, I would like to know is there any way to re-condition it? I really appreciate if someone can suggest or give me some pointers please? Thanks
No there is nothing that can be done for latex that turned yellow, as that means it has lost it oil. The next phase, it will rot and easily be torn.

The only thing I can suggest is for your new latex dove. Store it in a plastic bag air tight bag. If it is next to silks or cloth, the material will suck out the oil.

Keep out of direct sun light and heat as well.

For long term storage, put sealed in a plastic bag inside a container so it does not get smashed. then put in the freezer. When removed let it thaw out for a day.
Wow, Thank you Bill. I never know that. I should take necessary steps now to protect my next investment.
White liquid shoe polish will make it last a few more shows.
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Oct 26, 2012 08:56AM)
If the rubber is not yet breaking down, there is a chance. You can try cleaning it with a magic eraser. No joke here! It worked for my dove and I got several more shows out of it.
I use NN dove in all my shows.

The eyes eventually fall out.

But my NEW one has thicker rubber.

Just starting using it.

If it starts to wear out, simply buy a new one.