(Close Window)
Topic: Visual coins across?
Hi all,

One of the most visual coins across I've seen is Homer Liwag's CoinOne. However do you know of a version that is equally visual, but uses a f-per instead of a ]? Much appreciated.

Best,
Ken
Eric jones impossible coins across is an amazing version
On extention of me dvd set - not metal series, correct?
Yeap its on extensions of me disk 3
Thanks a lot. Is that the only one out there?
Might be. Flipper is not really the best gaff for 3-Fly.

Jim
Check out dan watkins dvd coin man walking for a great routine,
Question, guys:

What is a flipper good for? An expanded [ could do the same thing, right? You're not handing it out, and the [ could be palmed off if you did. I have seen flippers of every make. I never bought one, because I have expanded ['s in quarter, half, and Ike Dollar sizes. How could a flipper help me?

Doug
Hi Doug.

There's OxyClean by Eric Jones, and you can do a nice Coin Through Glass Table with a flipper. Several others I'm sure people will chime in with. However like you, I tend to use shells, C/S, and CSB sets mostly when I use gaffed coins.

Jim
I'm expected to ring the gong for the TUC, I guess. Read all the related posts and decide for yourself -- remembering that the Coins Across effects described on the DVD is only scratching the surface. I champion this gaff because my crippled fingers cannot handle a flipper and other gaffs.

but, I "know how" to do visual Coins Across with many gaffs and "no gaffs." Please be more specific as to the setting and audience for which you wish to be more visual -- and what you mean by your question. All such effects are visual -- though I do one that relies on sound for the astonishment.
You could check out a Fl%^^&r specific dvd like http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10170 http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10865 or books http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/close-up-magic/silver-surf-and-silver-surf-2/ http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13019
I love parts of Eric Jones impossible coins across and parts of Dan Watkins Coin Man Walking routine.

I think a flipper is best when looking for a very visual disappears in thin air look. Also ok when transporting three coins as one as in OxyClean.
Impossible coins across does some things with a flipper that cannot be done with a shell, very visual.

this is not really a coins across routine however, because it mainly happens in the spectators hands.
[quote]
On 2012-10-28 18:40, Dougini wrote:
Question, guys:

What is a flipper good for? An expanded [ could do the same thing, right? You're not handing it out, and the [ could be palmed off if you did. I have seen flippers of every make. I never bought one, because I have expanded ['s in quarter, half, and Ike Dollar sizes. How could a flipper help me?

Doug
[/quote]

Hi Doug,

One advantage a flipper would have over a [ is that when the gaff is closed it can be handled very freely. It could be tossed in the air, coin rolled down the fingers, even handed to the spectator for a 'quick' look.
The one big disadvantage is the potential of the band that holds the gimmick together breaking in mid performance as well as it sometimes being a minor pain to repair it when the band does break. Bob Swadling/Mark Mason's new take on the flipper design removes the necessity of the rubberband and I think goes along way in progressing its use with 'standard' flipper routines. In saying that, the downside with new design is that you wouldn't be able to perform either Dan Watkins or Eric Jones' coins across routine as you wouldn't really get away with placing the gimmick (to show two coins) on the spectators palm or fingers which the two routines above require. Eric has clearly advised me this personally in a workshop I attended with him earlier in the year for his routine.

Personally, without comparing to the T.U.C or exp [, I think the flipper is an ingenious gaff which I have about 5-6 of them in various different coins ( I have lived in 3 different countries recent times).
First off, thanks a lot so far to so many suggestions of materials I can look into. Thank you everyone of you who contributed.

In response to Doug, I was genuinely just going to say almost exactly what baobow has mentioned haha. But I could be wrong, because I have never owned a f-per and I have only been practising my f-per required routines with an imaginary f-per. If that makes sense to you guys.

Kened
Thank you baobow, and everyone! I guess I'll get one. Now, which one to get...hmmmm. I got some research to do! :)

Doug
Doug, since I know you are as broke as most of us I would suggest either http://www.jbtvusa.com/latest-j-b-products/next-generation-flipper-half-dollar-by-bob-swadling-mark-mason-517-73-631.php TOP QUALITY if you use kennedy halves - I have the walker and just ordered a Morgan. or check out Todd Lassens new line of clad gaffs
Doug, I would suggest you get some flipper material first then make up your mind if it is a gaff that you will utilise regularly.

Get your hands on any of these:-

Extensions of Me - Eric Jones 3 dvd set, there is a ton of other usual coin and card material here that is pure eye candy. So if the flipper work here doesn't interest you then there is other material that you will get your money's worth. (dvd set also comes with a nice karate coin gimmick so you can't lose). Coin on body is a great effect also talk. His OXF routine is amazing.

Coin Man Walking - Dan Watkins - many technically difficult routines but he offers a wide variety of routines, i.e. copper/silver/ brass, spellbound, coins across, 3 coin production and vanish. Also a demo of his unpublished cylinder and coin routine is worth the price of the dvd just to want it in action. Very clean and will fool you. From memory Dan has only one routine here that uses a flipper

Flipped Out - Craig Perry - An entire two hour plus dvd devoted to routines utilising the gimmick.
Thank you! Gravity/nongravity? Does it make any difference? I like Swadling's. Thank you again! :)
A Visual Coins Across! Sure Stop me when you see one you like! :) But really I would Have to look back Trou all my Books And make a list! :)
Doug, GRAVITY for a LOT of reasons. Search. You'll find quite a fascinating discussion!
Yea GRAVITY !!! When that came out it opened Up a ton of new stuff! Being able to easily Reopen It Mult. Times! :)
[quote]
On 2012-10-28 18:40, Dougini wrote:
Question, guys:

Doug
[/quote]

Hey there Doug Dog!!

Get Troy Hooser's book Destroyers and a flipper and you'll be in heaven!!
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Oct 31, 2012 05:17PM)
Have you explored what the double deception gaff set offers?
[quote]
On 2012-10-31 18:17, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Have you explored what the double deception gaff set offers?
[/quote]

Also the Triception set offers pretty much the same gaffus as Double Deception plus gives you a few more routines and a few accessories.

Triception: http://www.jbtvusa.com/latest-j-b-products/triception-coin-set-half-dollar-by-bob-swadling-mark-mason-514-73-628.php

Double Deception: http://www.jbtvusa.com/latest-j-b-products/double-deception-deluxe-half-dollar-by-mark-mason-bob-swadling-578-73-718.php

Both of the above linked products use the so-called "Next Generation" flippers which use thread instead of rubber bands. (BTW, I say "so-called" because Joe Mogar and Kreis Magic offered flippers with thread instead of rubber bands much longer than the Next Generation ones.)

Thank you.

Jim
I have Triception set and it's great. Also don't have to worry about the band breaking.

TC
Do these new flippers snap from two to one when you lift the glass or pull away the mag coin under the hank as per bob swaddling's DD instructions?
Jonathan,

I sent you a PM.

Jim
I have a gravity flipper and more often rather use a [ instead.