(Close Window)
Topic: I am so friggin stupid (or careless) with T.U.C.
I know we all end up doing it at some time or another but I spent my Tango Ultimate Coin (Quarter) in the last 24 hours. What makes me the maddest is I just got it from Penquin a couple days ago. I bought it to try out (for $45.00) to see if I was going to be willing to invest $200.00 or more for a Walking Liberty T.U.C. or a Morgan T.U.C. I never even got a chance to play with it. I am kicking myself in the butt for this stupidity. I sure hope I get over it. I am very angry and upset at myself right now for foolishly spending it as a quarter. :no:
:eek: :loss: :mad: :cry: :bawl:
Look at the bright side.... You could have spent a Lassen gaff!

Jim
I keep my galfs in a coin purse so they
are separate from my other change.i hate
that poof.
Me too and I threw some loose change in the coin purse to put it in my jacket pocket instead of weighing my sweat pants down. Totally my fault - that's a $45.00 mistake I wont get a chance to make again. Lke I said, I bought it to see if I wanted to get a walker or Morgan later but now I will never know.
Sorry bout your loss Poof
Ow, Man! Yeah, keeping track of gaffs can be a pain! :(
Went to the dollar store where I spent some change and the girl and I dug thru the quarters (with a strong rare earth neo magnet) and low and behold guess what jumped up and scared us both. whew, I am glad that was where I spent it and not walmart. :bg: hope others as well as myself learn from this - what could have been. Alhough I should have known better since I spent some gaffed clad Kennedy Halves years ago. (Why I use Walkers and Morgans only now) I am truly relieved. :spinningcoin:
Glad to hear that buddy.
yea if it had been wal-mart
you would have been out of luck.
They wouldnt have let me even look and probably held me on counterfitting charges if they did find it
Yay, buddy! You're such a generous guy, I was hoping something good would happen for you.

And ingenious of you using the neo magnet! Yay! Mr. Tango should give you a TUC of your choice just for your persistence and high regard for his product!
Sorry about that my friend, you should use the TUC in the plastic case that we include.
Believe or not, many times in magic congress magicians came to me to ask a discount for a new TUC because they spent the other one like you.

Happy new year !
Wow id be ****ed if I spent any of my gaffs...lol I separate them!! and I also never use denominations that we usually use...only Halfs and Dollars...
The should be a name for this "club" of people who have spent gaffed coins.
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 13:13, Mr. Tango wrote:
Believe or not, many times in magic congress magicians came to me to ask a discount for a new TUC because they spent the other one like you.
[/quote]

You should at least give them a 25 cent discount. :)
[quote]
Sorry about that my friend, you should use the TUC in the plastic case that we include.

Happy new year !
[/quote]

yes, I really didn't buy it to use a lot but I wanted to see how I like the T.U.C. coin before I invest in a Walking Liberty or a Morgan. they are all designed the same as the quarter aren't they? or is there a difference in the different coins?
They are all the same...The TUC is so awesome! I got a walker...thing is awesome! Coins Across never looked so clean!!
Just got my miracle enjoyment set from Todd Lassen. http://magicpix.weebly.com/ scroll down. Its gonna be a happy new year!
Well I know you love em poof.
they are a very nice set of coins.
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 15:02, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Just got my miracle enjoyment set from Todd Lassen. http://magicpix.weebly.com/ scroll down. Its gonna be a happy new year!
[/quote]

I love my Lassen Miracle Enjoyment Set...but the Chinese coin set that really topped it this year for me was the Auke Van Dokkum Chinese Coin set...its precision made and the coins are exactly the same size as a Morgan dollar...thickness too...I absolutely love them!

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=113419
Me too trooper I have to say this is one nice set of chinese coins
the fit and coverage is perfect.and the coins are just down right beautiful.
my hat goes off to auke van dokkum.
I NEVER spend loose change. All change goes in a big heavy glass jar and is emptied and taken to the bank every year at vacation time.
***...I feel your pain, sorry my friend...If it makes you feel any better I had an expensive expanded shell once that got smashed to bits and had to be thrown away (long story). That was a 150 dollar mistake (yikes)
Evan
[quote]

Happy new year !
[/quote]

I would not have ever felt you owed me a new one when I was the dummy that spent it in the first place. Lucky I live in a small town and went back shortly after they opened (hoping they hadn't given it as change last night) and we went thru todays and yesterdays drawers. all I did was scoop my big magnet around in the quarter drawer and BOOM!!! there it was :) the story had a happy ending, a lesson learned and now that I have played around with it all day (cause I missed it so much) I must say - I really like the idea of the T.U.C. and will now save up for either a Walking Liberty T.U.C. or a Morgan T.U.C. - thought about selling or trading the quarter T.U.C but what the heck it is a great gaff to toss in a coin purse and do some impromptu magic from time to time. The T.U.C. is a fantastic Idea for a coin gaff.
My morgen tuc is great.
One of few benefits of the fact that UK magicians perform using American coins... we can't spend them!

... Whether that outweighs the fact that audiences are eternally interested in why you're using those coins or not...

Glad you found it.

Owen
I'm in the same train as Andre. Never carry change at all, and rarely paper money much more than a five dollar bill. If I go
somewhere and they don't take debit cards... I'm out, but that's really rare.
It's really amazing that you found it. My TUC is a Kennedy '64, so I'd be really cranky. But I would think trying to spend a
50 cent piece in this day would get enough attention to realize what you were doing.
Nice to hear you were able to find your TUC.
Have played with it some since I got it back and I do like the idea of it. It is a pretty cool gaff and I see possibilities here.
I'm glad you found it, I'm still out a Johnson half-dollar flipper that has vanished into a "black hole" somewhere! I've got to admit that it I can't perceive how you approached the clerk in regards to your quest:

(Blues Brother voice)"Excuse me mam, but I'm a magician and I believe that I accidently gave you my "magical" quarter!" No, that's NOT like the "magic beans" used in "Jack and the Beanstalk!" Anyway, I have my "special magical coin finder" with me,(produce magnet) note that it's simply a chunk of metal that looks deceptively like an everyday household magnet, but it's really a supernatural coin finder that helps me locate wayward coins that run away! It WILL locate my magical quarter, I guarantee you! May I please look through your quarters and try to find it with my special apparatus? I must warn you, however, that if we locate said magic coin that you must forget anything that you've seen and disavow all knowledge of what I've told you or I'll have to kill you! Now, pretty please with cream and sugar on it, may I please check your quarters?"

Sir Richard.
Poof- Daddy ,i know exactly how you feel after spending 2 of my coin unique's valued at £75.00 ,was absolutly gutted,replaced for £60.00 if I remember rightly,never want to do that again and always put away seperatly from any other.

Went to the dollar store where I spent some change and the girl and I dug thru the quarters (with a strong rare earth neo magnet) and low and behold guess what jumped up and scared us both. whew, I am glad that was where I spent it and not walmart.

Good you got yours back ,the chinese shop were I suspect I spent mine would not check for me.
Double post,sorry
Is the T.U.C the same as a sliperry sam or TT/3CM?
Ha arturoz.
no it works in a different mechanical way.
you can do all of the same effects as the coins
you mention above though.its the best new innovation
that has come along in a while.
todd
Hmmm, thanks Todd it sounds interesting. Is there any routines/videos/dvd where this gimmick is used?
Mr tango the inventor of this wonderful coin.
has a new dvd coming out in a week or so called
tuc secrets.it should be in all the major magic
sites soon.google magic Café tuc video and you
can watch one of our own here [trooper perform a
coins across video.its a very clean way of performing
this routien.
Thanks! I will check this out! One last question for you, I ordered a 3CF from Jamie, is there a need to also get the T.U.C, in other words, can the T.U.C do things that the 3CF cannot?
I don't have the 3cf arturoz but I do have the lassen triple threat.
and all though I do love it.i honestly love my tuc more.but that's
just me.
Thanks Todd I will definately look into this sounds like a cool gaff.
Your welcome arturoz and welcome to the Café.
todd
Thanks youre very kind!
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 17:01, bowers wrote:
google magic Café tuc video and you
can watch one of our own here [trooper] perform a
coins across video.[/quote]

Thanks Todd. I missed that video when Dan posted it.

Here is the video for the Google impaired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkP6w0gmw3M
Ha alan
no problem buddy.it is a good one.
todd
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 18:34, BanzaiMagic wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 17:01, bowers wrote:
google magic Café tuc video and you
can watch one of our own here [trooper] perform a
coins across video.[/quote]

Thanks Todd. I missed that video when Dan posted it.

Here is the video for the Google impaired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkP6w0gmw3M
[/quote]

looks great, I am going to have to use my TUC quarter for now till I save my pennies for a walker.