(Close Window)
Topic: Card Force question.
Hello all,
I was wondering what forces out there hide the back of the card. I perform one at the moment where I sharply bevel the deck to the right (I am right handed), run my left thumb across the cards and as the spectator calls out stop, I slip the bottom card out and show its face under the right hand packet.
Message: Posted by: convincing control (Dec 31, 2012 01:30PM)
The bottom deal force from "the magic of Michael Ammar" is a good choice.
Pming you a force.
Thanks! :)
My The Lorayne Force fits perfectly.
Sid Lorraine's [b][i]Bottom-Slip Force[/i][/b], described in John Bannon's [b]Smoke and Mirrors[/b] (p. 70, with a variation on p. 39), is just what you need.
The [b]Criss Cross Force[/b] hides the back of the force card. So does the [b]Hindu Shuffle Force[/b].

I am a bit partial to the [b]Under the Spread force[/b] and the [b]Touch Force[/b] for this purpose though, as they both give the impression that the back of the force card was shown as complacent with the rest.
Hindu shuffle force should be outlawed.
[quote]
On 2013-01-01 03:05, R.E. Byrnes wrote:
[/quote]

It works fine if you present it properly.
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 22:03, S2000magician wrote:
Sid Lorraine's [b][i]Bottom-Slip Force[/i][/b], described in John Bannon's [b]Smoke and Mirrors[/b] (p. 70, with a variation on p. 39), is just what you need.
[/quote]

It sounds like that may be the force he's currently using.

If it doesn't matter if you see the card as well, you can use the MC Spread Double Lift. For that matter, a basic under-the-spread / cull force would work fine as long as you had a break under the force card prior to the cull so the back stays hidden.
Thanks for all the feedback. I will be checking out the Lorayne Force, under the spread force and touch force as I am unfamiliar with them. Cohiba, it does matter if I see the card for the trick I have in mind, but I'll also be looking up the one you suggested, thanks. I like the idea of the criss-cross force if I have a surface available, but as I'd like to control the card to the bottom afterwards it might prove a little tricky as I am not well versed in table magic :)
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 15:33, Nicholas Night wrote:
Pming you a force.
[/quote]

If you can force via PM, I really want to learn!

:goof:
If you use 'MC Spread Double Lift', spectator see the back of the card. If you are using a blue backed deck, the selected card looks as a blue backed when selected and changes to red one later. Is it OK for the trick?

Hideo Kato
[quote]
On 2013-01-01 16:01, NightSG wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-12-31 15:33, Nicholas Night wrote:
Pming you a force.
[/quote]

If you can force via PM, I really want to learn!

:goof:
[/quote]
Totally possible. Though the force is the entire trick. Works over the phone, in person, or over email/text/IM/PM.
No deck of cards involved.
PM me and I'll perform it for you.
Hideo Kato gives gives good advice. MC Spread DL is very versatile.
[quote]On 2013-01-01 15:05, Cohiba wrote:
[quote]On 2012-12-31 22:03, S2000magician wrote:
Sid Lorraine's [b][i]Bottom-Slip Force[/i][/b], described in John Bannon's [b]Smoke and Mirrors[/b] (p. 70, with a variation on p. 39), is just what you need.[/quote]
It sounds like that may be the force he's currently using.[/quote]
You're right: it sounds like the original (p. 70). Perhaps the variation (p. 39) which forces the [i]second-from-the-bottom[/i] card would suit his needs better.
Stanley's Witchita Slip could be what you're looking for.
Sankey. Sorry, I was auto corrected.
Balducci Cut-Deeper Force.
Wow, I got some pretty famous (in the world of magic anyway) people reponding to my first thread on the Café! :)Thanks for the help. I see the MC Spread double lift has been recommended three times, where can I find a resource teaching it?

Hideo, that is exactly what I have in mind for the trick!

EDIT: Google is my friend. Michael Close or Darwin Ortiz.
MC Spread Double Lift is described in "Workers Number 2" by Michael Close.
Mr. Close has pdf version of all 5 volumes compiled in one.

Hideo Kato
Where can you watch a performance of the MC spread double lift?
[quote]
On 2013-01-01 03:05, R.E. Byrnes wrote:
[/quote]ever see the Michael Ammar version of the hindu shuffle?
[quote]
On 2013-01-02 01:11, magicman491 wrote:
Where can you watch a performance of the MC spread double lift?
[/quote]

I didn't see any clips online, but this is what it looks like:
You spread the cards, offering the spectator to touch one. Whichever card they touch, you out-jog, then square up the deck, but leaving the selection still out-jogged. You then pull the selection out and flip it back, face-up onto the deck. This last action is similar to a double turn-over but in the opposite direction - the card is flipped lengthwise back onto the deck.

Hope this helps visualize the move.
[quote]
On 2013-01-01 15:50, NapoleonII wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback. I will be checking out the Lorayne Force, under the spread force and touch force as I am unfamiliar with them. Cohiba, it does matter if I see the card for the trick I have in mind, but I'll also be looking up the one you suggested, thanks. I like the idea of the criss-cross force if I have a surface available, but as I'd like to control the card to the bottom afterwards it might prove a little tricky as I am not well versed in table magic :)
[/quote]

Napoleon (can I assume Dynamite?):

The MC Spread Double Lift is a good force, but it does allow the magician to see the card as well - so if it's supposed to be a hidden selection, it's not as good. I believe I saw Mike Close do the move with his face turned away, however.
The under-spread cull force would work better for an un-seen selection, though you have to work a little to make sure the back doesn't flash. It is definitely doable, however.
Bonaparte! :P
Well if the double is outjogged from the middle, then I could just leave it there and raise the deck to show the selection. This avoids the clumsiness of replacing a double lengthwise, and avoids me seeing the selection as well.
I'm thinking then to separate the pack at the selection and squaring, thus the different-backed selection is on the bottom of the top packet held by the right hand, showing it one last time, and then executing the Kelly bottom replacement. Spread the deck saying the card is somewhere in the middle, lost. This telegraphs multiple times the fact that the card has a 'normal' back.
Spread cull force, and the hindu shuffle is deceptive so long as you add an extra subtlety, such as a center strip out