(Close Window)
Topic: Morgan Dollar Question
I know this has been asked (and I am corresponding directly with Marcelo fromf Tango Magic, but can someone please PM me if they know the specific differences between the Johnson Expanded Morgan (Heads) and his version. Johnson's is $85 and his is around $200. I want the better coin, and don't mind paying extra, but it's tough doing it by mail order without seeing the coins. Also I would prefer an older looking coin and I think Johnson' look pretty new not sure about Tango. I realized there are other choices out there but they generally take longer to get. Any help would be appreciated. Would love a picture of Tango's version if possible.
I have silver shells from both Tango and Johnson - quality is the same to me and they all came pretty new looking but I softened them and aged them very easily. I know Tango uses silver coins according to Mr Tango in a recent thread I read you could call Johnson and ask
http://www.johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=125&zenid=7a5a71006818f6ab148e74234373942d they are very helpful on the phone from my experience.
John
you can also take a look at joe mogars
and mark masons morgen coins.i believe they
both have the soft morgen shells.they both
probaley have them in stock.
todd
Thanks Todd, Think I'd prefer a soft morgan instead of trying to age it. Have Bob Kohler's original limited edition set and they are just too new looking. hmmm maybe I'll put U3F up for sale to pay for the new coin...
John,

I think you can officially stop calling the U3F "limited"... It wasn’t after all.

Jim
You have a point there Jim...and I got one of the original "200" sets made! We have our S.A.M. auction tomorrow may bring it along...if I can find the VHS instructions that came with it. Now that's the part that makes it exclusive...lack of VCRs.
I have a VCR (but then again, I'm old) and before you ask - NO, it is not flashing 12:00
@John McLaughlin

Sent you a PM.