(Close Window)
Topic: BOOYASHAKA! New Escapology web site!
This is my new Website. If people have any comments on how to improve it, especially with regards to Escapology, please let me know.

A special shout out goes to Curtis, who really inspired me to imagine and take dramatic photographs.

http://www.macthemaniac.com
It is a good start.
Lots of great photographs. I am glad I could inspire you a bit! I am sure a few others have too!

I would suggest - the last mirage of images on your escape page should be your main photo on your home page. THIS SALES what you do immediately.
I don't care for the font or the page layouts.
Use one or two photos for each page, it will make a greater impact. Have a photo gallery page to display the other photos.

The page order bugs me a bit. I would suggest;
Home Page
Escape Artist
Corporate Events
Family Entertainer (smart move by saying family entertainer instead birthday parties - kids parties)
Credentials ( change this to testimonials, until you develop this page to other things besides testimonials)
Behind the Scenes
Contact
Sitemap (if you can have this link at the bottom of the page even better)

I would suggest creating a bio page. Bio's should tell more about your life mixed with your career - how those two came to meet! Some emotional aspects and major accomplishments should be included as well. THIS SALES YOU and emotionally ties the buyer to you! Lots of performers leaves this page out! Therefore, they are just an act and not a personality!

Best wishes!
Second look!
ON your corporate page!
Sad news, but good news since you will know this right away!
GET RID OF ALL THOSE PHOTOS on that page
WHY?
Because every magician/magical entertainer has those type of photos. Corporate buyers have seen them a million times.

The photo on your escape page with you tied to the chair is great for this page as well as the photo on your family page where you are holding the clear ball!

Also, I like the style you are developing. Make sure you carry this over to your live performances as well.
All great suggestions Curtis! Thanks so much!
Spell check and proof read is all I have to say (to both of you). Of course you could pay someone to do that for you..... But definitely fresh eyes are useful. ..... I am available on Mondays for a couple of hours in the morning.
Spell check advice from Dave? :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 15:04, Kevin Connolly wrote:
Spell check advice from Dave? :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:
[/quote]

Ha ha must be bad then ;-)
Yes, spell check is always good for websites! Dave, a wise man should take their own advise as well! :)
May you all never be blessed with dyslexia.
McCauley, a favor... a minor point, but a favor still.

Can you take the TIES URL off your website? I have no problem with you listing it on the page as a membership, that is fine. My issue is that the newsletter contains info not for Joe Citizen to see. That is why I am asking. I really want only EAs and enthusiasts to go there.
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 19:41, Cliffg37 wrote:
May you all never be blessed with dyslexia.
[/quote]

May all of you be blessed with a sense of humor.
[quote]On 2013-01-03 19:36, magicofCurtis wrote:Yes, spell check is always good for websites! Dave, a wise man should take their own advise as well! :)[/quote]
Or at least a wise man with dissociative identity disorder shoud! (Oh work it out its funny).I admit two things ........1) I often don't read my posts properly before I click 'post'. I pretty much won't spot my own mistakes, I tend to read what I thought I wrote and not what I actually wrote.2) I am more likely to spot other people's mistakes.3) I'm not dyscalculic despite evidence to the contrary
6) sequencing is not a strong point!
d) when / if I put up a web site I WILL be checking it ........ Not just spell check. Ill do the full poofing thing .....A) spell checkB) grammar checkC) check I'm using the English language correctly (I mean like at least to the US average American standard Curtis..... But probably to a higher standard ..... Like an English level of English)
D) proof read
E) have it proof read to me (by Text Help [url=http://www.texthelp.com/UK/our-products/readwrite]Read & Write [/url] or similar)
F) pass it on to my team to proof read, spell check and generally re-write my drivel! And highlight their changes (notice use of pleural nouns and pleural verbs- I think! ;) )
G) Proof read it one more time .......

H) wait for people to point out any mistakes and go change it as none of the buggers in my team spotted it ....... And I'm the only one with an excuse ;) ........

We should also say quickly that we all make mistakes even professionals in publishing make mistakes. Only this week I saw a typo in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) - they missed the h out of Methicillin (as in MRSA). So yes expect mistakes in all walks of life - but heck if its digital and it's editable (even after 'publishing') and something comes up go back make the changes.

;)
Dave
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 16:11, james_unlimited wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 15:04, Kevin Connolly wrote:
[/quote]

Ha ha must be bad then ;-)
[/quote]

Must be! ;) .................

Any way ...... Do what I say now what I do ...... Teacher you know..... I know that does not necessarily fly .... Just because one is a teacher don't mean one knows everything, has intelligence or can perform!
I haven't started to advertise the site yet, do google optimization etc, or even register in any way with google, or show it to my agents or any clients. It's in the prototype stage now.

Cliff, I'll make the TIES change tomorrow.
Thanks, I do like your site. Curtis' suggestions are good. I like the photos.
[quote]
On 2013-01-04 19:25, magicbymccauley wrote:
I haven't started to advertise the site yet, do google optimization etc, or even register in any way with google, or show it to my agents or any clients. It's in the prototype stage now.

Cliff, I'll make the TIES change tomorrow.
[/quote]

I know lady who will help you on this for reasonable fees.
Also, I can give you some SEO pointers when the time comes.
[quote]
On 2013-01-03 19:36, magicofCurtis wrote:
Yes, spell check is always good for websites! Dave, a wise man should take their own advise as well! :)
[/quote]

It's spelled 'advice' ;)
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 07:22, David / straitjacket wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

It's spelled 'advice' ;)
[/quote]

The misspelling is an inside joke. ;)
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 09:21, Kevin Connolly wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 07:22, David / straitjacket wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

It's spelled 'advice' ;)
[/quote]

The misspelling is an inside joke. ;)
[/quote]

Then let me in on it. I have the keys to the midway :)
David you spelling Natzi !!!!! Aw who a pm I kidding I'm still going to make clock ups!
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Jan 29, 2013 05:04PM)
David, you are wrong! An advise is an advertisement on the side of a post vise, it's an ad-vise. Get it? Then I hang the vise from my nipples while telling stupid jokes. The end.
Does the sign on the vice read " worth the weight"?
As longs as its no a bad ad-vice ..... And or hollow .....which we know Nipps materials are not hollow!
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Jan 30, 2013 07:01AM)
Post vises and true anvils are made of built up wrought iron. Crappy tools made in Cheena are cast iron. Now, IF I had the facilities to do so, it IS plausible to have some of these items "slush" cast, as in not fully poured. A mould is made, a small amount of investment is poured, then it is rolled around so the molten material "slushes" to reach all surfaces. This leaves a hollow interior. Slush casting is VERY difficult and sometimes does not balance out the cost of extra material for a full casting.
Can I order a wrought iron easter egg then...it's almost time.
Well Easter eggs have been in the vilage co-op for about 3 weeks now!

Not sure I want a slushy cast off Easter egg made of wrought iron ...... Doesn't sound appetising.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Jan 30, 2013 07:34PM)
Eggs can be forged. I do better with welding them. Soft boiled or hard?
Easter egg appearance, better still, a haynes grenade , it's hollow.