(Close Window)
Topic: Blank deck work
I'm looking for an effect, similar to the Blizzard concept without the...you know. Something where I can hand the deck out afterwards, and there's no force. Any ideas?
Harry Lorayne, Mental Photography ; Deck-Sterity

Blank - Thought, Ed Marlo; Expert Card Mysteries.
Truth in Advertising by John Guastaferro in One Degree

The Leeds Miracle by Barry Stevenson in Apocalypse
Mike Skinner's handling of the mental photography deck is very nice. At the end you are left with an examinable blank deck [Classic Sampler-Michael Skinner]
It must be mind reading by John Lovick. Appeared in Magic Magazine and also on The Talk About Tricks DVD.
Imagine the spectator mixing the cards face down and they just think of one. You then take the deck and are able to divine their thought of card, then spread the deck face up to reveal that they are all blank! This is one of Steve Beam's books and I do it all of the time.
There is no force in Blizzard, and you CAN hand out the deck. That is part of what makes it so beautiful. Also, I think Magico means I DREAM of Mindreading by John Lovick in Magic Magazine and on the Josh Jay DVDs.
[quote]
On 2013-01-07 01:32, pepka wrote:
There is no force in Blizzard, and you CAN hand out the deck. That is part of what makes it so beautiful. Also, I think Magico means I DREAM of Mindreading by John Lovick in Magic Magazine and on the Josh Jay DVDs.
[/quote]

He may be referring to a routine without the switch.

Is Lovick routine the one Jay presents on the DVD with the premise of a trick for the blind person?
Yep.
I have used Dee Christopher's Legion
http://www.lybrary.com/legion-p-117161.html?manufacturers_id=515

One odd backed color card face down, a card freely selected from the deck and shown around and replaced back into the deck.
I turn over the odd back card, it matches what they selected, the deck turned over and all cards are blank. All the cards can be handled.
Take a look at Howard Hamburg's Mystical 13.
[quote]
On 2013-01-07 01:32, pepka wrote:
[/quote]

Yes, I did mean I dream of mindreading.

Thanks Pepka
I second truth in advertising by John G (first trick in his book One Degree.
Also if you can get your hands on a copy of Lake Tahoe Sessions, By Lou Ferrigno his effect Lake Tahoe deck is nice, he also has a nice effect (canít think of the name) where blank cards become the Aces, he has some nice work with the displays used. I can check on the name when I get home.
And by Lou Ferrigno, I actually mean Lou Falanga.

Lou Falanga= Magician

Lou Ferrigno= 1970ís Incredible Hulk
In craig pettys locked in a room without coins he has a great routine which requires no switch called Photogenic.

Well worth watching if you can get over how big craig looks in the old footage!