(Close Window)
Topic: New iPhone/iPod app: PhotoPrediction
Hi everybody!

My name is Gui Del Frate, I'm from Brazil and I'm very excited to introduce to you a new and powerful tool for mentalism.

I always wanted to create a magic trick to iPhone that don't look involve any app, and the result of this development is called [b]PhotoPrediction[/b].

[b]Effect:[/b] you ask your spectator to name a card from the deck. He says "4 of clubs." Immediately you get your iPhone, unlock and the last photo taken with your cell phone is exactly the 4 of clubs!
With PhotoPrediction you can predict [b]any card[/b] in the deck, [b]or any number from 1 to 120[/b], without voice recognition, no forces, no camera recognition or assistants. Completely impromptu, anytime and anywhere. Best of all: the magic ends with your photo album REALLY opened and the prediction is REALLY the last picture taken. [b]You end completely clean[/b], with nothing to hide and with your device in the [b]spectator's hand[/b].

Think of the thousands of ways that you can perform it. The trick is 100% customizable, and [b]PhotoPrediction[/b] comes with everything you need to learn and practice the effect, including a detailed explanation of how it works, a section of tips and a training mode. The application is available in english and portuguese, but works on iPhones and iPod Touches in any language, including the new iPhone 5.

The [b]PhotoPrediction[/b] was entirely thought to offer a clean and awesome effect. Simple, easy to perform and impossible: for sure will make your reputation.

[b]Facts list[/b]:
- Diabolical method: the effect looks not use any app
- Up to 120 outs!
- Totally clean, and you end up with nothing to hide or close
- Easy to learn and play, with detailed explanations and ideas to stimulate your creativity
- You can give your gadget to the spectator open the photo album. More clean impossible!
- Easy setup, what you do once and the trick is ready forever!
- Easy customization: you can create several different presets for several situations
- Training mode to facilitate understanding of the method
- No voice recognition
- No wireless comunication
- No forces
- Compatible with all iPhones and newer iPods Touch (iOS 5 or higher)
- 100% compatible with the new 4 inches gadgets: iPhone 5 and new iPod Touch.
- It looks like a real magic! Nobody will suspicious of anything!
- Application camouflaged not to be found, and the possibility of passcode protection
- You do not need a deck of cards to perform the effect, only your iPhone/iPod
- App and explanations available in english and portuguese, but the device can be in ANY language and the trick will work properly

If you like it, please rate and support the app!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photoprediction-predict-future/id582167573?mt=8

Thanks!
I was hoping to keep this a secret! I have been using this app for the last week and I like it very much. Easy to use and it gets great reactions.
Very well done. Exactly as advertised. Recommended
This is a fantastic method. The 120 outs available give endless possibilities.
Any future for the iPad?
I have downloaded a lot of magic apps, and this one has replaced all of them! I was a bit apprenhensive to get it, but I am glad I did. Like what Mr. Del Frate has mentioned, you can customize presets, up to 120 different outs! The prediction comes in a form a customized photograph in your NORMAL Apple Photos app!

What makes this so great is that the app will transition itself from app mode to non-app mode. What that means is that you can give the phone to a spectator to open up the Apple Photos app, see the prediction--and they can fiddle around after that and NOT FIND anything suspicious! Unlike other apps, spectators can google the app names as much as they want, and they will not find any videos/hints/suspicious things that screams "magic app".

One criticism I have is that choosing and setting up a preset requires a bit of maneuvering and takes at least 5 seconds; whereas the other apps are more straight forward and take around 2-3 seconds to setup. It would be nice if there is a shortcut one can do that can easily select the preset and start the app one the first screen. In addition to that, perfecting the 120 outs require some memorization work, which can be daunting; however, the app does come with a trainer which will make sure your perforamance is flawless!

If you have even a slightest interest in performing magic with your phone, you ABSOLUTELY need this in your arsenal!
Dtextreme, thanks for the review!

I worked hard to make this app a masterpiece, something that I'd love use. My focus was make a app that really don't look like a app. My spectators never ask me about any apps, that's the idea. I'm working on a update with some improvements , so I'll try to speed up the preset setup.

Jon W, absolutely yes! But first I'm working to spread the first version for iPhones/iPods, collecting some feedback, and then I'll work on the iPad version with the care it deserves.

Cheers,
Gui
Awesome app thanks!
Gui, love the app. One suggestion is to make an option for those of us that use SHoCkeD order instead of CHaSeD order. It's so ingrained in my thinking that I have to spend an extra half second translating every time which slows me down just a bit in performance. But I agree with everyone here that it is a fantastic "non-app looking" app. I'm having a blast with it.
I agree with Steven as I too had trouble translating. What I did was make an entire new card present in SHoCkeD order.
Yeah that's good advice. I'll probably end up doing the same thing. Ive actually got a bunch of routines that I'm creating images for now. This is such a good app.
Love the concept - but I don't like how you (might) need to change your springboard background. Any chance an update will be made to make the springboard technology more like iForce?
[b]Steven Keyl and dtextreme[/b],
Good suggestion! In fact, the order (SHoCkeD, CHaSeD, etc) depends on the culture of each country. But I'll work this change, for sure!

[b]jprace[/b],
In PhotoPrediction I looked for a solution to the springboard, and I think that was the most practical way it could have been. Later, Greg and Rand did an excellent job with presenting a different solution for iForce, but I do not intend to violate its creation, unless they allow me to use solution for PhotoPrediction too.

BTW, the solution of PhotoPrediction has the advantage of being a little more user-friendly, and should meet the needs of most magicians. If you do not want to change the background, you can still use your old wallpaper: most people won't see this detail, since you do not call too much attention to the screen.

;)
One more suggestion, Gui. With this many outs, one of the best ways to take advantage of them is through a binary system of options. In computer programming, we call them bit masks or bit flags. If you expanded the number of photos from 120 to 128, then it would be possible to easily cover a series of 7 yes/no choices; or, by stacking you might have one yes/no choice and 3 other choices with 4 options each.

Or an 8-way out and 2 4-way outs, etc. Without using a binary system like this it is generally difficult to keep track of all the options without a crib of some kind. I do realize you would have to modify the scrolling method to accommodate the additional numbers so if this is too time-intensive I certainly understand. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Hello friends,

I have to chime in on this thread.

First, besides my apps, Gui's PhotoPrediction is the ONLY other magic app that I use.

It is, by far, the best photo prediction trick on the app store.

I agree with some of the complaints that others have stated on this thread.
But for a first attempt this is a HOME RUN!

Jeff,

As far as Gui using our method for the springboard scrolling, I'm gonna have to talk to Gui about that. I think we can trade methods for ALL of our benefits.

GREAT JOB,
Greg Rostami
[b]BIG THANKS, Greg![/b]

It's awesome know that you liked my PhotoPrediction as I love your iForce!! I hope to continue contributing to the community further enhancing the experience with the PhotoPrediction, just like you do. Thanks!

[b]Steven[/b],

The binary system is a good idea, but it can be more confused for the most people. It can make the "scrolling" process less natural, with many touches. The current method is only a bit more difficult with the minor numbers (up to 10), and tens (10, 20, 30, etc). The most choices are easily selectable!

Thank you all!!

Gui Del Frate
One more request, Gui! Can you add an option to disable the pop up reminder to set the springboard to page 1? After the first few dozen performances it's second nature to check that and the pop up becomes more of annoyance than a help. Thanks!

And about the binary system, perhaps I didn't explain myself well. The scrolling would all stay the same except that you would add the ability to scroll from 1 to 128 instead of just 120. So all the swiping is the same. Those extra 8 options would allow the performer to do the necessary math in their head and easily determine which number of the 128 options is to be used. The app doesn't need to do any additional work, other than add 8 extra photos.
[b]Steven[/b],
about the reminder pop up: it's a good idea, but I do not know if the option to disable it to gain less than 0.5 second worth. There is always the risk of forgetting that detail. What do you think, guys?

The binary system is clearer now! I'll study about the increase the number of outs.

Thanks for all your collaborations! =)
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 15:49, guidelfrate wrote:
[b]Steven[/b],
about the reminder pop up: it's a good idea, but I do not know if the option to disable it to gain less than 0.5 second worth. There is always the risk of forgetting that detail. What do you think, guys?

The binary system is clearer now! I'll study about the increase the number of outs.

Thanks for all your collaborations! =)
[/quote]

I think the app should have an option that goes STRAIGHT into the effect without any other screens.

Greg
I agree with Greg. It's an excellent idea to have it on as a default, but the performer should be able to go right into the app without any other screens. If the performer disables those screens and then messes up the trick because they forgot, that's their problem.
Totally agree with both Steve and Greg. The option to go straight into the effect would be so much better.

I would also like to use a binary system.

Ian.
Message: Posted by: Mauricio Jaramillo (Jan 29, 2013 09:10PM)
Installed it last night and tried it out a lot today. Great app.
Gracias, Mauricio!

[b]Greg[/b], [b]Steven[/b] and [b]rasp[/b],
I'll study about this possibility, too! My fear is that the application be too confused. But I'll find a way!

Gui
Hi, friends!

In celebration of the [b]International Magic Day[/b], PhotoPrediction is [b]20% OFF[/b]: US$3.99!

If you don't know PhotoPrediction yet, take this opportunity!

Cheers,

Gui
Why? Why? Why?

That really ****es me off!!!

Myself and others buy at the full price when it launches, we give it good reviews and feedback which you ask for.......then you reduce the price for others!!!

Not good marketing Gui........ probably will never buy anything that is connected with you again!!

Ian.
I'm really sorry, Ian!

My idea was only to celebrate the International Magic Day with a 1 day discount, and not do a promotion just to get more downloads. I was careful to cut a symbolic value, so I not would devalue those who bought at full price.

I don't wanna The discount was only $ 1. 20% OFF, symbolic. Most time other applications have reductions of 50% to 100%.

I really appreciate all the reviews and suggestions, and I will work hard to implement them all. I'm sorry if my attitude seemed to belittle you.

I don't wanna give you a wrong impression, so if most people believe that the discount is unfair, I'll be happy to go a step back.

Really sorry.

Gui
On a different note, this app has allowed me to finalize an effect I've been working on for a while. The pictures are all taken and I've performed it a couple times which has gone over very well. I'm going to see if I can video the presentation this weekend and post it up. It will hopefully give fellow magi an inkling of the kind of things that are possible with this.
Dang. I just bought this this morning before the sale. Shoulda held out a few hours. Be blessed by my extra dollar. :)

James
Sorry, James! I hope you enjoy the app and every cent invested! :D

[b]Steven[/b], I'll wait for the video! It will be amazing to see what fellow magicians are doing with it!

Cheers,

Gui
I take back what I said earlier - I've been using my background (not one of the recommended ones), and the discrepancy is not noticed by anyone. Yes, it'd still be cool to implement the iForce technology, but it's not as necessary as I thought earlier.

It'd be cool to have the springboard deleted completely, and all the necessary operations happen within a fake "photos" app. You say you took a picture of a playing card, and it's the last photo in your album. You open the photo app to a picture a few before the end, and the spectator names a card. As you scroll through the pictures, you are secretly touching where you need to. At that point, the correct photo is added.

I only say this because I only have two pages of apps and hate to add a third...
[b]jprace[/b],

Unfortunately this is not possible. The structure of the app would have to be totally different, and using a fake application the end of magic will not as clean as the current version.

Furthermore, load all the photos from camera roll to start the magic would be time consuming, and I would have problems with approval from Apple mimicking other interface.

Gui
Hey Gui,

Even for the full price, I think it is well worth it. If it were a typical gimmicky app made for children, it should be priced at $0.99 or free; but because the app is very well made, I would categorize it beyond the typical magic apps for children, but a long with the typical products in the market that are at least $10. So with or without the discount, your product is worth it!

To everyone:

Do any of you have any preset ideas? So far I only use two.

1) any playing cards, in which I use a picture of me holding onto the card, which makes the prediction more personable and stronger
2). I have a slip of paper in which I have about 50 numbers, and each number corresponds to a special memory/experience. I have the slip of paper folded up inside my phone case and have participants look at them and see which one they have a strong emotions with

Dave
Here is a link to a similar app by my business partner Salah Aazedine, but in my opinion salah Aazedine's Handzoff app has a method that is more deceptive, and handzoff. Not taking anything away from this app. I think it's a decent app.

Hanzoff was put on hold while we worked on our Amazing iUnlockYourMind app. Salah is now working to get his app back on track.

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=476345&forum=275&12

Best
Myke
[quote]
On 2013-01-31 12:29, rasp wrote:
Why? Why? Why?

That really ****es me off!!!

Myself and others buy at the full price when it launches, we give it good reviews and feedback which you ask for.......then you reduce the price for others!!!

Not good marketing Gui........ probably will never buy anything that is connected with you again!!

Ian.
[/quote]

Wow, man! You really miss that dollar, eh?
No its not the dollar I miss, it is the principle
There was a guy called Kiki who sold a set of jpeg images a year ago.
It was a woman walking past a store window, and in the window was a giant playing card.
A full set of 52 photos made a great series of outs.
I used them for the app that David Copperfield bought and stopped us all using.
They would be great for this a s well.

Steve
Hi, Steve!

Sure would! Besides the letters, the PhotoPrediction allows create presets with up to 120 photos, so the possibilities are endless!

Using creativity you can do real miracles! Later tell us what you think about the app!

Best,

Gui.
Letters* = cards.
[quote]
On 2013-01-27 23:37, jprace wrote:
Love the concept - but I don't like how you (might) need to change your springboard background. Any chance an update will be made to make the springboard technology more like iForce?
[/quote]

I should have paid attention to this post. If you want to keep a photo wallpaper this app will not be useful for you. Your image has to essentially be solid. I wish this fact was made clear or if it was I wish I hadn't missed the fact. Hopefully an update will come down the road because then this would be a practical and powerful app. Currently for me a bust.

Jon
Hi, Jon!

I really don't think that is a big problem. You can change your wallpaper temporarily, like many others magic effects that need some preparation (a special shoe, or a gimmicked t-shirt, etc).

If you do not want to change your wallpaper anyway, you can still use your old wallpaper: most people won't see this detail, since you do not call too much attention to the screen. Changing the background is just a recommendation to make a cleaner execution.

Best,

Gui
I just wanted to share the way I present PhotoPrediction with the included Red Bicycle preset.

I explain to the spectator that I take a picture of a different card everyday. I tell them I am practicing my ability to psychologically influence their mind to think of one card. I explain that my hand gestures and what I say will make them think of one card, the card I took a picture of that day. I ask them to envision a whole deck of cards spread out face down. I ask them what color the backs of the cards are. So far, 100% of the time, they have said red. I then tell them to imagine taking out one card and turning it over. I ask them to name the card and then tell them to look in my photo album. They are amazed! And then I point out that the backs of the cards are red, just like they envisioned. They freak out!
Thanks for sharing Josh.

I like the idea of telling them that you do this every day as a sort of exercise.

Steve
I also like to follow it up with my voicemail prediction effect. I tell the spectator that I had such a strong feeling about that one card that I recorded it on my voicemail greeting.
Can you import photos with this app or must the photos be taken with the phone camera?
MagicMan1957,

Absolutely yes! You can import your own photos and create multiple presets, the app is fully customizable.

Cheers,

Gui
This app is amazing. I have so many ideas. I had to go buy more notebooks. My main presentation angle is that I was walking the the park and noticed something out of place so I snapped a photo. I also like the idea of having the prediction be some detail in the background, instead of the subject of the photo. Here are some of my ideas:

[b]Tarot Cards:[/b]

This is the piece I've been performing most with the app. I chose a deck of Tarot cards and took pictures of them in Central Park as if I had noticed them on my morning walk. I tell a story about giving readings "last night" and how the same card was popping up again and again.

"Eventually I had to wonder if the cards had a message for me, not my sitters. Then this morning I was walking through the park and laying on the ground there was a single tarot card... Actually before I tell you what it was, let's see if we can make it happen one more time. Choose any one of these tarot cards that feels special to you. If you don't know the meanings that's okay, just try to get your feelings from the pictures. Aha! I knew the cards were trying to tell me something. The Six of Wands is exactly the card that has been haunting me! You might not believe that, but look, I took a picture... "

If doing regular playing cards I have the card chosen face down, get a glimpse or otherwise learn the identity (I use a Memorized Deck), then tell my story about seeing a card on the ground and show the photo *before* they turn over their card, so that the climax of the trick is not what happened this morning, but what is happening right now. I like this reveal much better, but for the Tarot routine it just felt too 'magic-y'.

[b]Starbuck's Think-a-Drink:[/b]

I haven't finished constructing this one yet, but the idea is 120 Starbucks cups with the boxes on the side marked in different permutations. My patter will relate the story in an article I (claim to have) read, about two people who met and fell in love at Starbucks because they ordered the same drink. "The barista put a double tall 1/2 caf soy 1 pump rasberry mocha on the counter and they both reached for it! They knew it was a sign, and just celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary. Isn't that lovely?" Then I'll invite a lady in the audience (or perhaps a gentleman if the local laws permit) to mark up an empty cup with me. When we're finished, I'll get excited and claim it's my drink too! For proof, I will show a picture I took that morning when I ran into an old friend on the street. "If you zoom in you can see the side of my coffee cup. It's the same!" Then I'll propose.

[b]Lucky Chess:[/b]

I performed this just last night and it went over extremely well. This presentation is pretty specific to me, but I'm sure it could be adapted. I used a system to give a number to 52 chess openings that I thought were most likely to be chosen by my specific circle of chess friends. I took some pieces to the park and photographed them on the chess tables in the different positions.

Here is the script I used:

"I love to walk through the park early in the morning. Morning is the best time to look for signs of magic, and Central Park has a lot of it. Just today I saw something very poetic. A chess game still in the opening stages, but abandoned at the board. Nobody else was around and it looked like the pieces had been set up all night in anticipation and just started to move on their own. Like a Shakespearean version of Toy Story."

(Here I recited a bit from Henry V)
"From camp to camp through the foul womb of night
The hum of either army stilly sounds,
That the fixed sentinels almost receive
The secret whispers of each other's watch:
Like sacrifices, by their watchful fires
Sit patiently and inly ruminate
The morning's danger,"

But now the morning had come and the dew was not yet evaporated from their armors but the battle had begun! You guys think I'm being dramatic, but you know I study divination I'm always on the look out for signs, and I tell you this was a special scene. In fact I noticed that same board position come up again in several other games today! I can tell you are skeptical."

I had two of my friends play a few moves each and suddenly stopped them with "That's the position!". Then I busted out my phone and proved it. They were fried. One of them is a huge Derren Brown fan and decided I put subliminal coding in the Shakespeare. LOL.

If you want to use this idea in a more general setting where your audience might not be chess players, or you don't want to make a system of chess openings, get a book of 100 chess puzzles from the book shop. Make sure you get one where the puzzles are numbered and then just let your spectator choose one of them like a book test.

Also, if you don't like the abandoned board premise, you could stage all the photos so it looks like you are taking a picture of something else, and in the background there happen to be some chess players. Coffee shops are just as good as parks for a location, and it's going to be a stretch for your audience to believe that the guys in the back were in on it and just sat there while you took 120 different pictures.

Soon I will write up more ideas, but for now I am going to get back to marking coffee cups. Thanks so much Gui, for sharing this exciting tool!
Josh, what do you plan if the spectator says "Blue"? I guess with the 120 preset you could cover both choices, but it doesn't sound like that's what you decided on. I'm intrigued.
I am interested in any other concepts for the customization of this great app!
[quote]
On 2013-03-22 12:34, CRshelton wrote:
Josh, what do you plan if the spectator says "Blue"? I guess with the 120 preset you could cover both choices, but it doesn't sound like that's what you decided on. I'm intrigued.
[/quote]
I find that if part of a trick fails or goes wrong, the part that is right gets a bigger, better reaction. My plan if they say "blue" is to completely ignore that part of the reveal. If they notice, I'll just say that it's harder to psychologically force a color. By presenting it as a test of my abilities, there's no inherent necessity for it to work 100% of the time. Most of the time they see the picture of the card they chose and they react. The back color gets forgotten (unless they did say "red" and then I point it out and they freak out again).
Hi I just downloaded this and thought it was a great idea. I have many other apps for magic on my phone so this is a great addition. My only concern is for some reason the number 120 works in test mode but not in actual use as nothing happens. Why would this be?
Mpicard,

if you choose a number that has no saved photo, nothing happens. You need to create a preset and add your own photos. During the trick, choose one of the positions saved, and everything should work properly. In a preset with numbers, you can add up to 120 photos, but you can add less, if you want, just take care to not choose a wrong number during the trick!

CRshelton,

Awesome ideas!! I'd really like to add some of them in a upcoming update, if you allow me! :)
Fantastic App
puts all other predictions to shame

Essentially you can have 120 outs, limited by your imagination (words, colors, numbers, coins, cards, symbols etc.)
This app is incredible, I have been playing with it all morning and I love it. I recommend buying it immediately, and shocking your spectators.
Hi Gu,i I love to wave Thís app for my iPad, any future soon?
[b]Suux88[/b] and [b]bob99[/b], thank you so much!

[b]nuno2010[/b], for sure I'll launch a iPad version. But I still have no estimate, I want to give to this project a special care. Stay tunned!

My best,

Gui.
This is a fantastic app - buy it now! The only other one I thought was was truely devoid of suspicion was Angelo Carbone's (from my experience anyway!) but this is better still!

Am desperately trying to think of applications for the 120 outs..! Feels like there should be some mileage in the peg memory system and the associated images...

One query - no matter how long I leave the gap between getting to the home screen and going into the photos, the image seems to appear a millisecond after opening (whilst other photos are already there). No-one has noticed this and it only bothers me....! Any suggestions...?

Once again....brilliant ingenuity!
Hi, Chris!

Thank you!! =)

About the image "appearing": it's normal of the device. To avoid this, you can let the last picture opened in your Photos app. This way, when your spectator open your Camera Roll, he will see this photo opened, not the full list. Just say him: "That is the penultimate photo, slide to the next!".

Thank you again for the words! Don't forget to review PhotoPrediction on the App Store to support the app!

My best,

Gui
Hi Gui,
Thanks for the quick response!
I have been using a slight variation on your suggestion which I have found works even more convincingly for me...
That is, to have the photo app in the camera roll (with all thumb nails visible), but scrolled a little further up through the photos. That way, it gives the app a second for the image to appear, but also subtly sells the message that there are plenty of other photos (but obviously none of which match the prediction!) Hope that makes sense!
All the best,
Chris
It is an excellent idea! Does the trick, and it can be even more convincing!

The only advantage of leaving open the last picture is that the spectator will have a surprise at the time of prediction. See the thumb before opening it can reduce the climax of the moment.

At most, it is a good new idea!

Cheers,

Gui
[quote]
On 2013-02-09 15:49, Jon W. wrote:
I should have paid attention to this post. If you want to keep a photo wallpaper this app will not be useful for you. Your image has to essentially be solid. I wish this fact was made clear or if it was I wish I hadn't missed the fact. Hopefully an update will come down the road because then this would be a practical and powerful app. Currently for me a bust.

Jon
[/quote]

Jon - a sliding wallpaper is NOT noticeable unless you're looking for it. "A larger action covers a small", so what's noticeable are the icons moving, not the wallpaper. You're simply doing a natural action to open your camera roll, it's not a move, so don't make it one. I wouldn't worry about the wallpaper for real world use.

Also (and this will be self-evident to anyone who has played around with it), if you reposition the app to your home screen, you don't have to start the app, minimize the app, scroll back to your homescreen, and then switch back to the app. If you position it on your homescreen the reminder about switching to it becomes reundant, so I would be in favour of having a toggle to turn it off in the next version.

- Any reason why the card values are laid out top-to-bottom not left-to-right? Not a big deal, just wondered.

If you need a crib you can also reposition your icons so that the first letter of the app on each line cues you into what you need to know ...

Congratulations on a wonderful, workable app.
Brilliant work Gui!

I'm loving this, surely the best app I've bought to date:D

Just one thing, if you've not already done it, could you setup the full 144 combinations?
As if it's not already got enough outs! :P
That would also mean anyone wanting to use the binary 128 could arrange them in whichever order they wish.

Congratulations on such an amazing idea.

Ian

ps is there any posibility it could be brought to android too?
[b]MickNZ[/b],

Thank you for your words! About the order of card values, yes, there is a reason: sliding starting on right edge is very uncommon and hard. Try it, you'll notice it seems strange. So, to bypass this, I chose the top-to-bottom order. It only can be a bit strange for iPhone 5 users, at start.

[b]Ian[/b],

Thank you too! As I said to MickNZ, it's the same reason: sliding starting on right edge is hard. I wanted a trick more intuitive, and with cleaner and natural movements. But I'm studying add 8 more outs. :)

About the Android version: it would be awesome! But it's hard to reprogram the app, since have several different devices with Android, with different hardwares, screens, UI appearance, etc. Further, I have contractual impasses with Apple, that I would need to resolve before release a Android version. Maybe!

If you're enjoying the app, don't forget to review it on App Store! ;)

My best!

Gui
Thanks for the quick response.

The reason I ask for the full 144 is that depending on the routine, I know sometimes I feel it might be easier, for my tastes at least, to have duplicates arranged differently.
eg duplicates on say 1 from 30s screen, 3 from 70s screen, 1 from 120...etc, but with all 12 different on another screen
or maybe being really greedy, if I think of something, 144 different outs ;)

Although 128 is amazing it would mean the duplicates would be in certain predifined places:/
I hope that's not too confusing.

Thanks

Ian
Gui, bravo for your app, I love that there are some many outs to use.

Some people here have mentioned the binary system (128 instead of 120) and I too would love to see it appear in future updates.

As it is though, here are a few ways I use the 120 slots available:

1/ Stack
If you use a stack or a memorized deck, you will find it easier to code (by swapping screens) the stack number of the card rather than the card itself. For me, if I want to access KD, it's easier to "swap-code" 26 (if you use Mnemonica) than KD.
I strongly suggest to all stack users to create their own set based on their stack. Of course if your deck is also marked (I use Borsi Wild's system), you can swap-code the card without appearing to know it, and your prediction can be revealed before the card is turned face up.
Stacks can also be combined with other things. For example, Sean Taylor's Symbology deck is a marked ESP deck featuring 4 colored suits of 13 symbols each (the first 5 symbols of each suit are the classic ESP symbols). In my case, I order my Symbology deck to match my stack, reversed. A card is chosen while I'm not looking, then I look at the mark of the next card, that gives his card and now I can swap-code it into the app.

2/ binary
Sure, we can't use 128 (2 at the power of 7) yet, but we can still use 64 (2 at the power of 6). So we can have any binary choice made 6 times (already a lot), then swap-code the corresponding revelation. You can play "heads or tails" 6 times in a row, or ask the spectator to line up 6 business cards (face up or face down), or ask him to line up 6 post-it notes (either flat or crumbled in a ball), etc.

3/ Double prediction
Ask a spectator to imagine 2 dice and the value on top of each of them. Then reveal what they were thinking of.
This one is easy. The tens code the first die, the units code the second die. So if he says 4 and 5, you swap-code 45; if he prefers 5 and 4, you swap-code 54.
A variation can be presented with ESP cards (circle = 1, cross = 2, waves = 3, square = 4, star = 5). Ask a spectator to choose (or draw) two different ESP symbols, in any order. Show you had it predicted. Same idea as the dice: first card is coded by tens, second card is coded by units. It's even better if you use a marked ESP deck (like the ESP Origins) because you can read the marks, swap-code the result, reveal your prediction THEN have them confirmed by turning over their cards.
Another variation is to ask someone to show a value on each of his hands (each hand can show anything between 0 and 5, giving you 36 outs). Once again first hand is coded by tens, second hand is coded by units.

4/ Ghost code
If you ask someone to line up 3 different objects, there are only 6 outs (factorial 3). With a bit of thinking, you can find a way to "read" the chosen order as a 2-digit code, then you can easily swap-code it in the phone.
There is also a solution for 4 objects (24 outs = factorial 4).

5/ factorial
Some of you may know (and if you didn't, now you do) that 120 is "Factorial 5" (written !5), meaning 5x4x3x2x1 = 120. Ok, but so what?
Well, let's say you give 5 ESP cards to someone (circle, cross, waves, square, star) and ask them to line them up in any order. This procedure is equivalent to !5, meaning there are 120 ways of lining the 5 ESP cards. Now all you need is a way to associate each of these 120 possible orders to a value between 1 and 120. Then swap-code it and reveal the photo showing the exact same order. I have a solution to create a logical association between a value and all 120 outs, but it might not interest everyone here and it's not convenient to explain here, so contact me via email if you're interested.

6/ Many handfuls of dice
With 120 slots, you can cover the outs generated by the addition of 20 dice. The total of these 20 dice will be between 20 (20 dice showing 1) and 120 (20 dice showing 6). Have them thrown, added up then swap-code the result. Easy (but the throwing-adding of the 20 dice will time consuming).
Since the first 19 slots of the app will still be free, you could actually throw 24 dice, giving you a total between 24 and 124. Once you know the result, subtract 24 and swap-code this new result in the app. Of course, throwing 24 dice will take forever.

7/ Logical reveal
Instead of numbers and cards, do revelations with common things: predict on which finger someone places a ring; predict how many biscuits someone will eat in an imaginary box (photo shows a real box missing the chosen amount of biscuits); which panel of an 8-panel window is broken; etc.

8/ Combination with other effects
I also created a set of outs for my Babel book test. Someone chooses any word at any page in a book and you show them that you had a premonition the night before: you draw the word (for example, he chose "basketball") on a piece of paper and took a photo of it in case you lost it.
Since you can show any playing card, why not use Gui's app as a semi-Open Prediction?
Or use it for the prediction of an "invisible coin routine".

Once again Gui: thanks for your app and its great possibilities!
Thanks Vincent,
One of the ideas I'd been thinking about the factorial idea, but I was too lazy to work out that it was !5 ;)

My thinking was using any 5 marked cards, so you can do it with shuffled face down cards
...or even using one of many electronic systems avilable, it can even be done blindfolded!
Using 5 options allows 5 members of the audience to get involved.

As soon as you know which picture, you can then select it & immediately put the phone down. Then go on to do the standard divination routine, using the phone as a kicker, without you touching the phone until after the spectator has opened the picture themselves.

Ian
Hi, GUI
Any word on an iPad version?
I just got an iPad mini, and would love to use it with PP
[b]Vincent[/b]

Amazing ideas! Thank you for share with us! I love to see how many things the magicians can create with PhotoPrediction! If you agree, I would like to share some of these ideas in a upcoming update. We talk soon!

About the dice prediction, throwing 20 dice will take forever, but you can just ask to your spectators to throw a imaginary dice. You can use a single person and a piece of paper, to write down each number, or multiple spectators. Again, fantastic ideas!

[b]dooblehorn[/b],
Stay tunned! Now I'm working on some updates for PhotoPrediction (iPhones and iPods), but you'll see a iPad version soon! :)

Cheers,

Gui
Best app I bought to date !
Hi Gui,
Just wondering any idea of an update when(if) extra outs(144?) may be released?

Also using the 5! -5 card prediction I'm struggling to remember the options in the 120 pre-set pattern
...so is it possible to move the positions of the duplicates or can anyone suggest an easy way to remember them?

Once again thanks Gui, sooo much milage from this! :)
WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST APP I'VE EVER BOUGHT!!!

Ian
Hi, Ian!

Thank you so much for your support!

For sure YES! Extra outs will be on the next update, as many others features suggested by all you. But I have many things to change for this (for example, if you can change the suits order, things like "Training Mode" have to work differently), and I want to get all this stuff working well.

Furthermore, with the release of iOS 7 many things in the OS will change, like the UI appearance, multitasking, and I have a lot of work to make the app compatible.

Stay tuned, and a nice update will appear soon.

My best,

Gui.
This app is great and there are so many possibilities but I just wondered do you think it's more subtle to get them to open the camera app and then click on the 'last picture' window or to just use the photo app?
I know if they use the camera then you lose the surprise element as they'll see a thumbnail when the app opens but whenever I want to who someone the last picture I took I tend to use the camera as its quicker.
Just wondered what you guys think.

Cheers,

Tony
Hello friends,

I've been a big fan of Gui's Photo Prediction since it was first released.
Over the last few days I've been performing this routine using both PP and my teleFoto app:

"Earlier today I went to this random photo site and downloaded a photo that appealed to me. It's the last photo in my Camera Roll".
"I think you'd agree with my selection. Go to this random photo website, look at all the photos and stop on one and really concentrate on why you like that photo".

I bring my phone out of my breast pocket, where I've already done the dirty work for teleFoto, and know the photo they have selected.
I launch PP and do the dirty work there to make their unspoken photo appear in my camera roll.

"Here's my phone. Open the Photos app and look at the last photo in my Camera Roll".

The photo that they are thinking of is the photo that I had previously downloaded!!!

Too much fun,
Greg

P.S. Yes, the above WILL be a new feature in tF . . . . . stay tuned.
The photos of playing cards in a shop window that Stephen Young mentions earlier in this thread are still available and they are perfect for this effect.

You can get them from Kiki at magic.cas@web.de and they cost $6. I think it's well worth it as they look great.

Tony
[quote]
On 2013-07-02 04:40, Funnybaldbloke wrote:
The photos of playing cards in a shop window that Stephen Young mentions earlier in this thread are still available and they are perfect for this effect.

You can get them from Kiki at magic.cas@web.de and they cost $6. I think it's well worth it as they look great.

Tony
[/quote]

Should we just reference this thread when emailing Kiki?
Yeah I think that's the best bet. He was very pleasant to deal with and the pics were emailed to me very quickly.

The only thing I'd say is that the image does have a store with an unusual (to me anyway) name and what appears to be German writing in the window. However on an iPhone the print is small and is not really noticeable. I showed this to someone at work and they didn't even notice it.

I think for the price it's a great purchase to have as a preset on the app.

Hope that helps,

Tony
Greg,

Excellent idea! I've combining PhotoPrediction com your iForce, but this idea with teleFoto is really nice! Would be nice if you could make a video!

My best,

Gui
His email didn't seem to work...
Any video demos of the PhotoPrediction being used ?
http://www.magicbookreport.com/2013/05/photo-prediction-a-study-of-multiple-outs-part-1/
Has this been updated for iOS 7?
This is my most used app. With this I am able to perform many different Mentalism effects. In fact I am working on a new routine and video. I will post shortly.
Not for me got so dammed confused with the instructions and I can just about read white text on a green background ,white on black gives me a head ache,shame but the real issue for me is the instructions,i am good with vidio not so good with written,still a cool app for those in the know.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Mar 27, 2014 02:04PM)
IPad??? Looks like I have to get this but I have an Android phone but I do have an iPad.
Great app! I use this with a MD and I get to reveal the card in my photo album before the actual cad is turned over.
Baguette, absolutelly yes! ;)

Magic Patrick, I'm looking forward to see it! Share it with us when you done!

Fire Starter, unfortunatelly I'm can't do it for now. I'm very busy working on a iPad version and another project, but I promise I'll make a vídeo as soon as possible!

Gordon, I can't estimate a date, but stay tunned!

Emran, thank you!!

Thank you all for your support!

All my best,

Gui
Nice app! Just started using it. I tell them that they have been reading my mind, which I find weird. Then do a face down card spread and ask them to choose a card, since they know it already anyway. Even if they protest, I just say something like "sure you don't". Then I put the rest of the deck away - "Okay, don't let me see it and put it in your pocket. Now take my phone and open my Camera roll and look at the very last photo I took." ;)
All,

Finally made a video of one of my ideas for photoprediction. It is a little choppy but I hope that you get the idea that you can use this versatile app for almost any type of prediction. I don't like hving to reach in my pocket to show a photo so this is perfect as I carry my phone everywhere. I am happy to help if you own Cataclysm to set this up. It is really easy set up and to perform. PLEASE PUT ON IPAD!!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/DgRXgqPEiro

Patrick Wallace
Best app to date for me it is
Top notch work 👍
Great great app...I still only use the cards, but I've been telling myself for over a year now I was gonna sit down, take a bunch of photos, and upload some new routines...

What are some of you using it for? I'm interested in how you mnumonically remember the system of which button/app to press...to make it easier I'm trying to think of other things that work in twelves (months, zodiacs etc) but maybe I'm just overthinking it now lol...
Dynamix,

See my earlier post. This is a very versatile app. I was hired to do a pagan pride day event and I took photos of a tarot deck and used that much like the normal card one. You can use it for a powerball 60 revelation, I also took a photo of me in a white shirt, then photshopped cards on the front of the shirt and revealed it that way. I have used it for Cataclysm, Mental Epic and others. It is only limited to your imagination.

If you work the bar scene take photos of the beers and spirits. The issue you need to keep in mind is to have a very simple memory jogger (clubs, hearts, spades and diamonds for example).

Good luck!
Hi - great app. Any chance to modify it for the 6 plus? The fake screens are distorted.
Great app loves it
The new IOS 8 shows date and time stamp above the photos. This could ruin any presentation that mentions, "I took a picture of the selected card, last night" (or "before I came here" or "while waiting to start the show", etc.). I've emailed Guilherme through the app website about it, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Would any of you guys have suggestions on how to work around this? I am currently regretting upgrading to IOS 8.

I love this app and it's a staple of my walk-around and "impromptu" sets. Would hate to stop doing this. Any help and work-around suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
I agree with yepyep. The app is unusable with my iPhone 6's screenshots. Hope you update it soon, this was a killer app!
PP new update is out! It got update for iPhone6. And a timestamp improvement. I haven't try this yet. Still waiting for the update to complete.

So excited
Back again with my thought on PP new update. As I was very interested with the timestamp improvement. But, it's turn out the prediction stay on the last position on your Camera Roll even if it was taken last week or last month. My way around it is to open up My Photo Stream before hand. So when they tap on Photos app, it will take them straight to My Photo Stream and the prediction will sit where it's supposed to. Just a reminder, My Photo Stream use internet connection. So you better remember to check your connection first and give it around 10 seconds depending how fast your connection is before you tap Photo app.

I don't own iPhone 6. So I don't know how this new update run on the new iPhone.

One more thing on My Photo Stream method. You can actually hand your iPad (that use the same stream with your iPhone) to spectator. And let someone else do the dirty work. You'll hold nothing in your hands but the miracle is still happen. In their hand.
[quote]On Jan 12, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Back again with my thought on PP new update. As I was very interested with the timestamp improvement. But, it's turn out the prediction stay on the last position on your Camera Roll even if it was taken last week or last month. My way around it is to open up My Photo Stream before hand. So when they tap on Photos app, it will take them straight to My Photo Stream and the prediction will sit where it's supposed to. Just a reminder, My Photo Stream use internet connection. So you better remember to check your connection first and give it around 10 seconds depending how fast your connection is before you tap Photo app.

I don't own iPhone 6. So I don't know how this new update run on the new iPhone.

One more thing on My Photo Stream method. You can actually hand your iPad (that use the same stream with your iPhone) to spectator. And let someone else do the dirty work. You'll hold nothing in your hands but the miracle is still happen. In their hand. [/quote]

Nice tip about using photo stream to get the picture in the right place as this is a bit of a giveaway. It seems to work perfect on my iPhone 6 :)
I downloaded the long awaited update of the app and have to say, that there are 2 bugs.
1. the timestamp for 2 hours is in reality 24 hours
2. when I start the app and turn my Iphone 6 off, and I unlock my phone to perform I can see a black "square" where the sensitive coding area is for maybe a second before I can see my springboard. Would be great if you could check these things.
Message: Posted by: The Perceptionist (Jan 13, 2015 08:52AM)
THIS IS GREAT! Thanks for all the hard work! It would be great if we can get more outs now that we have more "screen estate" 😉
The absolute best and most used app I have. This was put away fro a time but now with the new update it is more devastating than ever and it is now back up on top of my favorites. Thanks for the update!

Patrick Wallace
Am I the only one with these problems?
Message: Posted by: The Perceptionist (Jan 15, 2015 12:49PM)
I have them has well......
Thanks for the update...I was waiting for comments before I purchased the App for my iPhone 6 Plus.
Guess I will wait a little longer for the bug fixes.
Good update!
As for the timestamp, maybe there is a way for the app to read the timestamp from the last picture in your library, and you can set the prediction timestamp setting based on that.
Example: "Prediction is x amount of time after last photo taken"
This would be a good default if you are worried about the times not matching up.

Also, a way to choose a picture that appears before (or after) any preset would be good feature. For example, instead of making a whole new preset you can choose a before picture that says "I predict _____" then swipe to whatever prediction you have following that.
If you did this you can make the pictures you choose for before and after the prediction have timestamps that make sense.
Hi everyone!

Thank you for all your support and patience! There's somethings that I want to put in PhotoPrediciton yet.

Danilton, if you use the first tab of "Photos" app, named "Photos", you don't need to have internet connection. Maybe something in your iPhone is configured different, but normally (at least on my device) the picture appears immediately. But the tip to using "My Photos Stream" to do a "confederate mode" is awesome.

Chester Sass, I released an update to fix these bugs. ;)

My best,

Gui
Hi Gui,

Thank you for this great update.

Yes, I didn't realize about the photos tab until you mention it here. I use camera roll all the time and usually dislike how my photos arrangements in the photos tab so I never touch it. But it really work fantastic for PP. Loving this app more and more..

P.S. I just saw how photo stream work seamlessly in the photos tab. That's making the confederate mode working so much more better.
If you know Roshambo. You can use PP to predict your winning hand like a week/month before you've met your spectators.
I downloaded this on Android last week and now I have a suspicion it's not the same app. Has this been released for Android by the same creator? Cuz Photoprediction shows up in Google Play Store.

I downloaded it but it's very bad. I emailed Gui but he has not responded.
Confirmed the Android app is not by the same creator as the iPhone one.
I am a absolute Apple noob with a question,

I have a Iphone 4, iOS 7.1.2, (according to my phone the software is up to date).

The appstore says that the app is compatible with Every Iphone but it also says that it demands iOS 8.0 or higher....

Can or can't I use this app on my phone?
No you can't use it. You need a minimum of an iPhone 4s to run ios8.
Mmm to bad, had a nice idea for this app.

Thanks for your help.
Hi, Marc!

Apple seems to have an option. If you buy the app from iTunes, you should download the last compatible version from iPhone. Unfortunately I didn't test it, but it should work.

You can try and tell us! If it doesn't work you can return the app to Apple, they will refund you. ;)

All my best,

Gui
Hi Gui,

Thank you for the suggestion.
Just tryed it.

After pushing the buy button a message appears.
"this programm needs Ios8.0 or higher"
"You need to update this programm, ...."

When I go to the programm on my phone for a software update it says " IOS 7.1.2 , the software is up to date"

i just have to wait untill I can update my contract with my provider in a few months....

Thanks for the help though.
I am beta testing iOS 9 and I have some great news. Photo Prediction works flawlessly. And there is something that actually makes it work better. I don't know why, but now when you're inputting the "secret", the screen doesn't flash black.
[quote]On Aug 7, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
I am beta testing iOS 9 and I have some great news. Photo Prediction works flawlessly. And there is something that actually makes it work better. I don't know why, but now when you're inputting the "secret", the screen doesn't flash black. [/quote]

That's cool!
Hi, Josh!

That's right! I'm very happy, it's an awesome step forward and will give even more comfort to present PhotoPrediction. iOS 9 will be released at this month, and everyone that uses PhotoPrediction should be pleased. :D

Cheers,

Gui
After finally putting my Iphone 4 in the drawer and my purchase of a new Iphone 6S, I took a moment to look for a new and cool app.
Scrolling through some topics I think that PhotoPrediction will come closest to what I want to achieve.
Not quiet happy with the standard settings in the training mode but from what I have seen some settings can be rearranged.

My idea is to let a spector grab an imaginate hand of hand coins from his/her pocket and tell me what amount of coins is lying on their hand.
(You could say that it has to be between 0,05 - 5,- but I don't think that somebody will say more then 5 euros).
In the Netherlands the lowest coinvalue is 0,05 so between 0,05 and 5,- you have one hundred outs.

After them naming there amount of value on there hand I will show them a photo of my hand holding the same value.
This app is just so cool!
Best money spend.

I am making another set of outs using a basic chess instruction book with about 130 pages in it.

The spectator see me with my back turned towards them making a picture of one of the chess book pages.
I then give the book to them and let them pick a page.
After they have done that I tell them that one of the basic rules in chess is to think one step ahead from your opponent.
I then show them a picture of the same page they have just picked them self!
Hello

as opposed to whats written on the instructions, the PP app not disappear after I enter my photo's album . the app stay in the background and I have to swipe it out . is it ok ?
Hi!!

Actually PhotoPrediction disappear, since it closes itself unsuspiciously. If you execute correctly, the spectator will never try to find any app, trust me. ;)
Unfortunately, there is no way to remove an app from the multitasking tray: it's an iOS limitation.

I advice you to set up a passcode in the app's settings. So if anyone find it (like I said, it's very unlikely), you can say it's an app to protect pictures and documents, or something like that. That's the reason the app has discreet and generic name and icon.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

My best,
Gui
This effect is a workhorse and I love how dependable and professional giu is with updating it. Just continues to be rock solid and there when you need it.
Agreed! Great app. On the rare occasion someone looks at my app history and sees it I just say that's a special PayPal app because of the initials "PP" no one questions it.