(Close Window)
Topic: Help finding a particular Thumbtip Routine.
Not sure when or where I first became aware of this particular routine, perhaps it was a YouTube link provided by someone here at the Café. In any case, it involved a Thumbtip, Bill of any denomination, Green Fiber and a small Green Silk. If anyone is aware of a routine that utilizes the items I mentioned, please post here or send me a pm. Thanks to everyone for looking and perhaps responding.
I posted this AM about a little booklet called "Darwin's 101 Tricks with a 'TT'." Trick number 18 in that booklet is very similar, but it doesn't use the fiber (however, it does use the green silk). So perhaps there is another effect, but it may have its genesis in this little booklet.
I'm not sure what you mean by "green fiber," but Roger Klause had a handling for the old silk trick where you roll a borrowed bill into a cornucopia while talking about silk threads in currency. Then he'd reach into the cone and begin removing tiny green threads which, after a moment, are followed by pulling actual green fabric out of the bill -- enough to cover your entire hand. Then the material was tucked back into the cone and the cone unrolled to show it completely empty. I've taught this handling from time to time in lectures, along with an added climax.
[quote]
On 2013-01-25 23:08, Lance Pierce wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "green fiber," but Roger Klause had a handling for the old silk trick where you roll a borrowed bill into a cornucopia while talking about silk threads in currency. Then he'd reach into the cone and begin removing tiny green threads which, after a moment, are followed by pulling actual green fabric out of the bill -- enough to cover your entire hand. Then the material was tucked back into the cone and the cone unrolled to show it completely empty. I've taught this handling from time to time in lectures, along with an added climax.
[/quote]

So much awesome magic...so little time!
That's Vernon's Tale of the Treasury Worm, but it uses a sixth finger not a thumb tip. It in a volume of the Chronicles books and Ammar's Magical Arts Jounal book. It's a great routine. I've done it with thread and then go a Gypsy Thread routine retaliated to the strength of fibers in US currency.
The Tale of the Treasury Worm is in Vol. 2 of The Vernon Chronicles, p 49.
[quote]
On 2013-01-25 23:08, Lance Pierce wrote:
[/quote]

That sounds great. I'd like to see you do that.
Yes, the previously mentioned "#18" is attributed to Roger Klause. I should have pointed that out.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=446762&forum=95
If you have the Vernon box set, you can see him perform Tale of the Treasury Worm durning a lecture at the Magic Castle in 1976. Look for that DVD.