(Close Window)
Topic: Any one from Perth in Western Australia
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Nov 14, 2003 10:21AM)
Just checking if anyone out there is in Perth. I'm planning on taking a visit there in February next year and really want to see if I can check out the magic scene. I'm looking to buy some props and stuff if there are any shops there.

If anyone's here from Perth, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm still checking if anyone is out there in Perth? Ray Haddad wrote to me a long time ago. Anyone know him? Please Help!

JoJo
I'm not from there, but be sure to drink some Redback Original Wheat Beer while you're there (assuming, of course, you partake in such libations).
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Nov 20, 2003 09:12AM)
When I lived in Perth a long time ago, I used to drink Emu Bitter beer in the summer. It was very nice. I've never heard of the Redback brand, but it's probably from the Redback spider that the country is infested with.
JoJo
Yes, it is named after the spider.

It's brewed by Matilda Bay Brewing Co. Also check out their Brass Monkey Stout (although I don't dare venture a guess where that name came from).
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Nov 26, 2003 12:36PM)
I don't remember a brass monkey, but they have different animals that have been made popular in songs etcetra in different parts of the country. I'll be sure to try it out though.
I'm still hoping someone from Perth will get in touch.
JoJo
JoJo

I don't know if there are any shops in Perth for magic but I do believe there are some magicians there.

Perth often holds a convention once a year, but because of low attendence from magicians, it was on the rocks for a little while.

Never found out what ahppened since, but it may pay to look a few magicians up in the phone book and ask then about the magic climate.

Magically

Aus
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Nov 26, 2003 11:26PM)
Thanks for the info Aus,
It looks like I'm going to have to wait until I get there, and then check out the scene. No worries, I'll see if anyone else sees this thread.
Thanks again for your post,
JoJo