(Close Window)
Topic: Mick Hanzlik - Supalok - Excellent service
Hey guys, Just wanted to give a quick shout to Mick Hanzlik and his website http://www.loxandkeys.com. I recently shipped a product to him for some repair and unfortunatly, it was seized by customs for some unknown reason. Mick was kind enough to resolve the matter immediately and sent me a replacement free of charge! I was very happy with the service.

Additionally I have owned his "Supalok Maxi", and have been having fun with this. It's a great looking lock, very heavy. What I love about this is that the keys don't spin in a 360 like the other versions (Correct Key and 7 Keys).

Check out his website and look at this stuff.

-Daniel
http://www.loxandkeys.com/supalok.html
Thanks for the kind words Dan! You are now one of theany Supalok owners around the world building up a great reputation!

Supalok is available in 3 sizes, so ca be uased for close-up, parlour and Stage work

-Mick Hanzlik Master Locksmith
I'd just like to add something to this thread. I've known Mick Hanzlik for more years than either of us care to remember.

His products are first-class and reliable. Mick is a true 'old school' craftsman who takes great pride in what he makes and sells. I've used his products in countless shows, close-up and stage, for about 20 years. They work, and they keep on working.

Mick always deals fairly and honestly. He never wants to sell anyone anything they won't get good use from. He is always willing to help, and he provides customer service and after-sales care above and beyond the call of duty. Very little ever goes wrong with his products or his service, but if ever it does (nothing in this life is perfect) Mick is always eager to solve the problem and put things right as quickly and as cheerfully as possible.

Mick hasn't asked me to write any of this and I have no financial or other vested interest. I'm just saying all this because it's true.
I have one of these - but have never found a presentation for it that really fit in a mentalism show.

Maybe worth brainstorming some things? Would love to hear some peoples thoughts on this.

It's a wonderful device that works effortlessly.
Max Mavens routine is great if you ever see his show. They have also showed snippets of Max's routine on TV in the past. I can't really reveal the effect because that would give away his entire presentation.
I love John Archers routine. Having all the keys in a glass, then having a spectator tap each key on the glass so he can "hear" the correct key. Very finny the way he does i, in my opinion.

I wrote this on another SupLok thread, so let me repeat it here too......
I own one of these. Also I am a locksmith.
If anyone has any interest in this, I can 100% say you will not be disappointed.
There is no way a spectator will tell it is a gimmicked lock.
It is a REAL padlock and uses real pin tumbler keys.
You NEVER have to touch the lock!
Reset is about 1 second.
It is very convincing.
The customer service is 110%...Mick is a great guy!
I know I don't have a lot of posts, so my opinion may not mean alot, but trust me, it is the best gimmicked lock available.
Tom
[quote]
On Mar 1, 2014, TomConsole wrote:
I love John Archers routine. Having all the keys in a glass, then having a spectator tap each key on the glass so he can "hear" the correct key. Very finny the way he does i, in my opinion.

I wrote this on another SupLok thread, so let me repeat it here too......
I own one of these. Also I am a locksmith.
If anyone has any interest in this, I can 100% say you will not be disappointed.
There is no way a spectator will tell it is a gimmicked lock.
It is a REAL padlock and uses real pin tumbler keys.
You NEVER have to touch the lock!
Reset is about 1 second.
It is very convincing.
The customer service is 110%...Mick is a great guy!
I know I don't have a lot of posts, so my opinion may not mean alot, but trust me, it is the best gimmicked lock available.
Tom
[/quote]

Thanks for the review Tom - you know I want one of these too now.
I have to chime in here. Mick Hanzlick's service is great. I ordered last Wednesday and the lock arrived "supa fast" today on Monday. For a shipment from England to Germany this is really great. Apart from that the quality is also great! I can wholeheartedly recommend buying from Mick!
Does anyone know if you can get a bunch of keys made for this? Like 50 keys that "don't work" for the audience to try during preshow.

Thanks,
Edd
[quote]On Feb 4, 2015, wizardofsorts wrote:
Does anyone know if you can get a bunch of keys made for this? Like 50 keys that "don't work" for the audience to try during preshow.

Thanks,
Edd [/quote]

Yes.
Mick will help you out with this. As stated by others - Mick is great to work with and his products are top notch.
Does anyone know where one can purchase a Supalok?
[quote]On Jan 26, 2017, Ba Ba Booey wrote:
Does anyone know where one can purchase a Supalok? [/quote]

I do. I have one. A large one. It won't be cheap.
Mick Hanzlick passed away in November, 2015.
Sadly that is correct.

Supa Lok is the best you can buy. I will never ever sell mine. Highly recommended.
Is there anything comparable to the late, great Mick Hanzlik’s Supalok today?
Key-R-Rect/Correct Key
Not even remotely close. Comparing a Mercedes to a Ford Fusion
[quote]On Aug 5, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Not even remotely close. Comparing a Mercedes to a Ford Fusion [/quote]

Perhaps. But effect and procedure the same.
[quote]On Aug 5, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Not even remotely close. Comparing a Mercedes to a Ford Fusion [/quote]

Yes, close. Effect and procedure the same.
Effect and procedure yes.

I get some car keys and both cars drive.

But one is a superior driving experience and far higher precision technology.
Since the Supalok is difficult/impossible to find, the poster asked for a close alternative. I gave it to him.

YOU however, just wanted to argue about quality, etc. which is not what the poster asked, not relevant, and not helpful. Time for you to move on.
We get it- buy your svenpad because it "is a superior driving experience and far higher precision technology."

s
Understandable as I have owned both and know the vast differences between them.
I don’t think any of the currently available “alternatives” offer the complete hands-off ease of use for the performer as the old supa-lok.

Many props ultimately play the same to audiences.

So my advice to the poster would be to keep looking for a used supalok which won’t be inexpensive, but a worthwhile investment.
Anyone familiar with this lock? Apparently, it functions precisely as the discontinued Mick Hanzlik locks: https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=17848
Https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=19776

This one looks like you can so the supa lock thing twice as far as trying each key then the real one.
[quote]On Aug 11, 2018, John C wrote:
Https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=19776

This one looks like you can so the supa lock thing twice as far as trying each key then the real one. [/quote]

This is a gravity lock. It is "hands on."
Down with gravity.
[quote]On Aug 11, 2018, rmendez wrote:
Anyone familiar with this lock? Apparently, it functions precisely as the discontinued Mick Hanzlik locks: https://www.magiccenterharri.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=17848 [/quote]

I ordered one last week and will post a review upon receipt. In the meantime, this is the product’s description translated to English:

Effect: You hand your audience a heavy six-key brass strap lock. From that moment on you will not touch the lock anymore. Ask the audience to check which of the six keys unlocks the lock. Viewers conclude that none of the six keys fit the lock.

No wonder, because you have retained the right key. You hand this key out to a viewer. This one tries him and - indeed - this key (the 7th!) Unlocks the lock.

Now you give (for example) a borrowed ring on the temple and then snap the temple in again. Maybe even on the buttonhole of a spectator jacket. - The keys are now thoroughly messed up until no one can say which is the right key. - You now claim that you can only influence the choice of viewers for a key with the power of your will.

And indeed, the first key chosen by the viewer fits the lock and it can be opened!

Ideal for many routines that require a mental castle, such as "7th Key / The 7th Key" etc.

Width of the castle: about 5 cm.
°°°°°°
With "Lupo's Supra-Castle" you are now holding one of the most convincing locks of this kind in your hands. It is perfect for a variety of locks and key effects. It looks completely normal, because it is a commercial lock. The keys are not all the same but different. It works in the hands of the viewer. It can be quickly made ready for demonstration. Lupo's Supra-Castle will not disappoint you!
Re: SupaLock:

(earlier post): "There is no way a spectator will tell it is a gimmicked lock".

...But isn't there a "certain something" on one of the narrow sides of the padlock - that might look "suspicious" to a spectator, considering that this "same thing" is also seen on the bottom of the padlock?
I received the lock today and it does indeed function hands-off and precisely as the late, great Hanzlik’s Supalok. The only difference is that it resets from the side as opposed to the bottom which is trivial to me. The lock is comparable in size to Hanzlik’s largest lock and manufactured of the same high quality and precision. The keys appear more like standard keys from a lay audience’s perspective in my opinion. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and will most definitely put it to good use. Generally speaking, I only endorse and support original creators but given the unfortunate circumstances, this product comes very highly recommended. To me, it is a far better option than paying an overly inflated price for a used, original Hanzlik due to scarcity if you are even able to find one available.
Ordered!

Thanks Richard for the tip - I love this stuff. This looks right now
Brett,

Let us know what you think when you get it.
Am commenting to keep track of this thread.

I too would love to hear your thoughts on the supra-schloss when you post them. I was in contact with the gentleman selling this lock a year or so ago, but unfortunately I didn't follow through with the order as I was concerned about the lock not being what I was expecting.

Cheers guys, can't wait to hear what you think of this .
I have Hanzlik' marvelous lock, the middle sized version. It is marvelous, but I perform in some settings where a larger lock would play better. To let me make two comments, and then ask a question.

Me Hanzlik lock resets from the side, so it may be identical in that respect.

The German lock appears to come with seven keys; five keys came with my Hanzlik lock.

Regarding the size of the German lock, someone said it is about the size of Hanzlik's largest lock but, in the webpage picture, the lock in the fellow's hand appears to be about the same size as my mid-sized Hanzlik lock. So, naturally, I am reluctant to spring for it. Can anyone clarify the German lock's size, like it's dimensions?

Thanks,

George
[quote]On Aug 15, 2018, rmendez wrote:
I received the lock today and it does indeed function hands-off and precisely as the late, great Hanzlik’s Supalok. The only difference is that it resets from the side as opposed to the bottom which is trivial to me. The lock is comparable in size to Hanzlik’s largest lock and manufactured of the same high quality and precision. The keys appear more like standard keys from a lay audience’s perspective in my opinion. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and will most definitely put it to good use. Generally speaking, I only endorse and support original creators but given the unfortunate circumstances, this product comes very highly recommended. To me, it is a far better option than paying an overly inflated price for a used, original Hanzlik due to scarcity if you are even able to find one available. [/quote]
Hi does it come with English instructions and some suggested routines?
In German only... but the functionality is very simple.

For routines check our Jim Kleefelds new book “LOCKED”

http://www.jimkleefeld.com/JWKbooks.html
Link changed.

This is the BEST most precision lock 🔒 on the market today.

https://magic-harri.de/product_info.php?info=p17848_lupos-supra-schloss--mick-hanzlik-supalok-style----mentalschloss.html
Can you copy the keys if you are looking for a specific design?
[quote]On Dec 30, 2018, falihahmed wrote:
Can you copy the keys if you are looking for a specific design? [/quote]

I'm confused by the question? Specific design of...? Key?

I doubt it.

Keys for these locks are superb - and each has it's own cuts.
Brett Thank you for your answer. Yes that was my question. After seeing your comment on here I went ahead and ordered one knowing how excellent your pads are. I am sure this lock is going to be good as well.
Anyone have a supalok style lock for sale? Either original or the German one?
Robb - I suggest you grab the German one I posted as for 200 Euros it is a steal. I use for all my stage shows now.

If you get a used Supalok they will set you back from what I have seen (used) $350+
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Link changed.

https://magic-harri.de/product_info.php?info=p17848_lupos-supra-schloss--mick-hanzlik-supalok-style----mentalschloss.html [/quote]

This one Robb
[quote]On Oct 28, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Robb - I suggest you grab the German one I posted as for 200 Euros it is a steal. I use for all my stage shows now.

If you get a used Supalok they will set you back from what I have seen (used) $350+ [/quote]

I concur with Brett. This is a well-made piece and easy to use.

Tommy
[quote]On Oct 28, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Dec 18, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Link changed.

https://magic-harri.de/product_info.php?info=p17848_lupos-supra-schloss--mick-hanzlik-supalok-style----mentalschloss.html [/quote]

This one Robb [/quote]

Thanks, I will go with that one... Was looking for a quick delivery though. I'll make due with the crappy Key-R-Rect for this weekend I guess. Actually, it worked fine, but it's a little odd looking.
Have to say, personally, I find this one a better version by a fraction! I had the original, stupidly sold it, and then a while ago had to replace it for the home psychic parties I do. When it arrived, it was spot on. Weighty, ABUS branded (which is very well known in Europe at least), and similar mechanism. So far, no problems, smooth werks, and it came with seven keys, which is a bonus, so I can stretch the demonstration between three and seven people, without sourcing extra key cuts.
Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for Supa lock? I recently acquired one and can prove I own it, but it did not have the instructions. I have had people inform me and I know now how it works but would like a copy of the instruction to complete it.

Thanks!!
-J-
[quote]On Mar 16, 2020, Judah Vee wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for Supa lock? I recently acquired one and can prove I own it, but it did not have the instructions. I have had people inform me and I know now how it works but would like a copy of the instruction to complete it.

Thanks!!
-J- [/quote]
I think I should have the instructions down in my workspace. Give me some time to look through some stuff.
Found them, drop me a line if you still need them.
My recommendation for a high quality lock with 7 keys:

Lupos Supra-Schloss / Mick Hanzlik Supalok Style ⭐️