(Close Window)
Topic: Antique Doctors Bag Apothecary Medicine Medical Vials In Case
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Feb 12, 2013 07:33PM)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Doctors-Bag-Apothecary-Medicine-Medical-Vials-In-Case-/200891428511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec60fee9f
Really nice.....
It's only money, right?
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Feb 12, 2013 08:31PM)
Its great to see ya back will!

lol jorey I hear ya brother. but it looks soooooooooo cool
Yeah, I know, it ALL looks cool!
Amazing! and already 30 bids!
Thanks Michael.
As for 'Only Money' remember: "Money comes and goes but an antique medical kit is forever." However, I'h have to have an antique embalming kit to make it worth the money for me.

Let me leave you with a thought: "If you ride in an ambulance it is better to be riding up front in the driver seat; however, it is even more important to ride up front if you are in a hearse."

Willie
Doch! When your wife asks you to do something you don't want to do, what do you do? But, when your wife tell you to buy something you want, what do you do?

I showed the Apothecary case to my wife, bless her heart, and she told me I had to get it. The story line to accompany it evolved as we ate dinner last night. I hope none of you were pining for it. If so, I'd be willing to loan it out - on (at least) one condition: share the story you plan on telling with the case.

Here's another interesting item. When I saw the picture my mind went all sorts of places. Lots of possibilities here after some ageing and the usual modifications.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19th-C-Antique-Vintage-Style-Wood-Writing-Lap-Desk-Chalk-Board-Slate-Box-/121044978786?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item1c2ed7cc62
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Feb 13, 2013 03:26PM)
YitzhakNoDice,

glad you got it brother! it is a very nice piece! and the stories you can tell with it are limitless. your wife is a treasure indeed for TELLING you to buy it lol
Uhoh, YitzhakNoDice, when my wife does that it is because she wants something too. Last time I got a $350 item and the next week she said she wanted a Cadillac. So I bought her a Cadillac hearse. Enjoy the case.
And if you have 350 Euro...

http://www.antichitailtemporitrovato.it/index.php?p=catalogo.php&c=69&a=289&q=3234&n=14&t=Nuovi%20arrivi
Just a reminder guys, expect to see this thread locked and or deleted soon; the Café doesn't like ebay related links, as they expire and become pointless. This is part of the policy. I can't really blame them I guess.
Yes....that's true, but then YitzhakNoDice might have missed out on this treasure.
I hope we are alerted to future e-Bay auctions that could inspire bizarre routines.
Maybe someday there will be one my wife tells me to buy?
Doctors bags from this era often contained narcotics. Anyone purchasing old medicines should check them and dispose properly of any narcotics to avoid legal problems. Laws in the US are very strict regarding the possession of narcotics.
Off to e-Bay to bid on some antique doctor's bags!
I hope,I am not bidding on a eBay object,and someone makes a post about it,(pointing it out!)bringing in more bidders,that I have to bid against!
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 00:15, Godzilla wrote:
I hope,I am not bidding on a eBay object,and someone makes a post about it,(pointing it out!)bringing in more bidders,that I have to bid against!
[/quote]

hmmmm. . .very good point!
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 22:23, afinemesh wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 00:15, Godzilla wrote:
[/quote]

hmmmm. . .very good point!
[/quote]

Heck that is what auctions are all about :). - gamble!!!!
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 22:32, Dr Spektor wrote:
[quote]

Heck that is what auctions are all about :). - gamble!!!!
[/quote]

Somethings are better kept a ... Secret! :)

Wink,Wink Nudge,Nudge
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Feb 16, 2013 11:58PM)
Yeah, I just got something really cool on ebay and I was going to post a link here, but I thought that I would have a ton of people bidding against me. Got it for cheap.
[quote]
On 2013-02-17 00:58, Autumn Morning Star wrote:
Yeah, I just got something really cool on ebay and I was going to post a link here, but I thought that I would have a ton of people bidding against me. Got it for cheap.
[/quote]

Godzilla's and my point, exactly! Thank You, Autumn!

Jorey
In my opinion this days it is getting harder and harder to get something really cheap on Ebay. There is always someone who knows the real worth of the good and bids against you or Sellers bidding with a second account the price to where they want.

The real good catches I am doing are regularly on flea markets.
The ebay 'culture' seems to have become a bit shady compared to the old days. How many times have you bid on an item and in the last minute or less several bids some in, one of which trumps yours? It makes you wonder if there are professional ebay resellers. Indeed, finding unique items for a reasonable price, let alone a bargain, is getting harder and harder. (I miss the flea markets in the UK.)

I missed the postman today when he tried to deliver a package, which I presume was the bag. I'll post some pictures when I get it set up with some other props. Remember, the offer of loaning it out still stands (stipulation withstanding).

P.S. Have any of you seen Murder Aforethought? Now, think a darker version!