(Close Window)
Topic: Do you want to appear in a future Alchemy Moon release?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 14, 2013 06:07AM)
I am developing a top secret project the aim of which is to give something back to the community and have a bit of fun at the same time.
The project is so secret that no one taking part even knows what it is about!
However, the end result is the opportunity to be immortalised in a future release and to possibly contribute creatively to it.

This is how it goes.
If you want to take part (and without knowing anything at all!), all you have to do is post here your three favourite playing cards.
One of these cards will be chosen and allocated a slot. Everyone is allocated one slot only. So, as time goes on it becomes harder and harder to get a slot, as all three cards will have been taken.
At the very end I will publish the final remaining cards in the next newsletter, then on the facebook page, then here - and these final places will be snapped up, first come first served.

It seems only fair to me that the newsletter subscribers have first bite. With this in mind, over 50% of the slots are already taken. So you are already going to have to use your psychic powers (remember we don't pretend in this place!)to get a free slot.
The reason I want people to post on this thread, is that you can all have some clues as to which cards have gone. If you want to do it more surreptitiously (and make it harder for others), you can send me an email. If on the other hand, you want to play the game differently and make it *easier*, you can make a declaration of the card that has been allotted to you.

When all 53 slots are taken, the successful candidates will be sent two things, Detailed instructions, and a rather strange present for taking part. At then end there will be more for those who make the best submissions, but I am not saying any more at the moment.

Intrigued?

This is Alchemy Moon, you should be!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 14, 2013 06:09AM)
By the way, this is open to all the 'known guys' here, love to have the other dealers involved too!
The aim really is to have a bit of fun in the end.
Jack of Clubs, Three of Hearts, Seven of Spades
Joker, joker, joker
1 King of Spades
2 Two of Hearts
3 Jack of Diamonds
Q D
8 H
6 D
9 Diamonds
Q Clubs
A Spades
3 C
A H
10 s
6 H
6 C
6 S
Ace of Cups
Page of Wands
Two of Swords

At the Death Emporium we play with Tarot Cards and the sharp cards are wild. Last week we played poker and 3 people died.

Weepin' Willie
Ace of clubs

Ten of diamonds

Seven of spades
7C
7H
7D

(if you consider me a known guy)
QH
3 1/2 trees
4 1/2 clubs
9C
JH
2D
4 of diamonds, 7 of clubs and 2 of clubs
2 Spades
3 Spades
4 Spades
8 d
8 c
8 s
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Feb 14, 2013 11:15AM)
Ace of spades
king of spades
2 0f spades

if tarot the the devil
the magician
the hermit

but I will be anything that is not taken lol
Message: Posted by: Crossroads Mystic (Feb 14, 2013 11:17AM)
8 S
K H
10 C
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 14, 2013 12:40PM)
Yikes, bigger response than I expected. Gonna take a bit to sort it, as I have emails too.
Result tomorrow!
DrS you may want to chose again!
The Nine of Hearts

The Five of Diamonds

And...

Mysterion! ;)
7 of Diamonds
10 of Spades
Queen of Clubs
2,4, and 5 of Clubs
Heydod, the selection is simple!

Transliterating ‘Alchemy’ into Hebrew comes out ‘Alchmet’ and using the time-related word for moon, Yerah, and applying Gematria (of course!), you get the numbers 51 and 218. Now 218 is also 200+ chi, or 200 + ‘life’; a coincidence? I think not!. Coding club=1, diamonds=2, hearts=3, spades=4, then the obvious combination yields the 5 of clubs (51). A hint of a message appears, Alchemy Moon connects to life.

But what to do about 218? Recompiling 200 + ‘life’, we get the word of ‘odor’ (yes, sometimes life stinks). This logically leads us to “diayom”, to savour - to savour life, of course. So the second combination 61, or the six of clubs. A bit more of the message is revealed here, that Alchemy Moon gives us something to savour in life.

Oy, two more choices to go. Substituting in a different word for moon, ‘sahar’, Gematria gives 265, just one hundred less that the number of days in the year (spooky, no?). Then, adding in the original 51, we get 316, but since ‘sarar’ has a ‘silent letter’ in it, we elect to remove the middle digit yielding our third chose of the 6 of hearts. Apparently, in one hundred days Alchemy Moon releases something else to savour.

Lastly, if you use the full transliterated ‘alchemy’, which gives 452, and combine it with ‘levanah’, the ‘white moon’ of classical Hebrew literature, the number 87 pops out. Combining these numbers by geometrically adding their digits gives you 26, corresponding to the six of diamonds. I struggled with the meaning of this until I wrote the combination as 539, which can be made to resolve to ‘debt’.

So there you have it:
5 of clubs
6 of clubs
6 of hearts
6 of diamonds

And with in its own name is the prediction that in one hundred days until Alchemy Moon will release something will will all purchase and savour. Simple!
2 Clubs
5 Spades
4 Hearts
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Feb 14, 2013 03:31PM)
13H
13C
13D
8 of Cups
3 of staves
The Fool
He he! Just joking I was the first one in 3 minutes after the news letter was out.
Jack of spades, eight of hearts, Queen of Clubs

Jack 8 Queen
2S
2C
2H
Oooosh
The Magician
The Moon
The Fool

They're the only cards I play with ;)
Jack of Hearts,5 of Hearts, and Ace of Hearts

Feeling the love this Valentine's day.
QH
8D
9C
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 15, 2013 08:41AM)
The game is on!
If you have been sent a pm - it means that you have successfully found an empty slot, congratulations you are on the project.
If you have not received an email, it means that you have not. But weep not, you can have another go, or you can check on the Alchemy Moon facebook page (alchemymoonbizarre)Sunday, where I will put up the full results. Finally, if you do not get a card alloated. you will be put on the reserve list. Quite a few will not want, or be able to do the task!
If my inbox is full, better to email me moonprojects@outlook.com
6S
6C
6H

Kotah
I was tempted to go with the advertising card.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 17, 2013 03:05AM)
Been working like mad organising all of this.
Thanks a lot guys, we are almost filled up and ready to go.
There are a few slots left, so if you have not found a free slot, I will put these up on the alchemymoonbizarre facebook page in a few hours, and here tomorrow.
Sorry if I have not got back to you all individually, but this is a huge complex thing - but fun, cannot wait to see what you guys come up with!
A pack will go out to everyone on Tues or Wed explaining everything and sending you out a few freebies to inspire you!

click click!

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/2z52hki.jpg[/img]

....odd that more Aces were not taken, but a pattern of bizarrists favourite cards emerges.
[quote]
On 2013-02-17 04:05, Christopher Gould wrote:
Been working like mad organising all of this.
Thanks a lot guys, we are almost filled up and ready to go.
There are a few slots left, so if you have not found a free slot, I will put these up on the alchemymoonbizarre facebook page in a few hours, and here tomorrow.
Sorry if I have not got back to you all individually, but this is a huge complex thing - but fun, cannot wait to see what you guys come up with!
A pack will go out to everyone on Tues or Wed explaining everything and sending you out a few freebies to inspire you!

click click!

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/2z52hki.jpg[/img]

Christopher, I've PM'ed you my email address as requested. I await your message with baited breath.

....odd that more Aces were not taken, but a pattern of bizarrists favourite cards emerges.
[/quote]
Christopher,

I've PMed you my email address as requested. I await your follow up email.

Regards,

Brynmore
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 17, 2013 07:20AM)
Thanks Bryn I am working on a mailshot now.
One thing, I should have said that if you email me I need to know your user name here. Otherwise, I have no idea that CaptainPeacock has me@me.com as an email.

[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/14ujlz9.jpg[/img]
5H
7D
2C
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 17, 2013 11:08AM)
All of em gone Sir.
Head over to our Facebook page quick! I have just put a list up of the few remaining ones. It is first come first served, there are only a few left, so you have to be quick!
Hi Chris,Pm was sent with email addy...will that suffice?

~G
Just facebooked you for the Devils Bedposts thought it would be gone by now... 4S
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 17, 2013 02:41PM)
Tim, the Devil's Bedposts are yours.
Big G, got you info, all is good.

Here is where we go now.

First, here are the cards left over. They are already up on FB.

There were a massive amount of you guys putting up a card, and there were some definite patterns as to the most favoured choices.
However, a lot entered with cards that had already gone, so here is your chance.

4 of clubs
8, 9 and 10 of Hearts
10 of clubs
Queen of Spades

there are two more possible jokers, if we need to use them.

(you may see you 2nd or 3rd choice here - if I have missed it, you will get first call on that card).

Ok, it is strictly, first come first served. First one to pm me, or email me if my box is full, as my old granny used to say, gets the prize.

Anyone I have that I do not have an email for I will post up here. If I do not get an email, the card will be reallocated.
Sometime tomorrow, I will send all of the winners a 'welcome pack' with explanation, instructions and a freebie!

hup hup!
[quote]
On 2013-02-17 13:48, Godzilla wrote:
Hi Chris,Pm was sent with email addy...will that suffice?

~G
[/quote]
Gary, love the new Avatar...
Thanks,Tim!
A good friend here in 'Spooky',made that for me!
I may have to take some 'Tums', if I swallow myself!

Thanks,Chris!
PM and email (twice) sent.
Awaiting further instructions.

Frank
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 18, 2013 05:24PM)
Almost there, just a few cards to go (are these cards jinxed?)
However, taken or not, I will post out the full details to everyone tomorrow.
These is a lot of excitement over this and my pm and email is bulging. I cannot answer everyone individually, or I would be doing nothing else with my life (like writing up the info for example).
So trust me, if you have sent me your email name and allocated card, you will get a reply tomorrow.
If you do not get a reply by the end of tomorrow, it means that I am missing one of these three things.
So just send me:
1. your username here
2. Your allocated card
email to moonprojects@outlook.com

stand by your beds!

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/6olc14.gif[/img]
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 19, 2013 06:05AM)
The instructions are ready and I am about to hit the send button. So the chimp is out with his bag.
If you do not get anything by the end of the day, please get in touch.
Acesover, you are the only person who has not sent me an email. You may have sent it, but if you could pm me again....

I have had a couple of people drop out so these slots have been made free.
4C
5H
6S
6D
8H
10C
10H
If you do not have a slot - hook up to one of these.

BOOM!

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/nevv2e.jpg[/img]
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 19, 2013 11:58AM)
All slots filled (see above :) )
Door is closed - everything now happens behind the curtain!
You will be hearing from us, we fifty five from beyond the lens....

If you got it ok, let me know.
If you didn't get it, let me know.

pssst, I am behind the bushes.
This is going to be a blast!!! If only all magic creators were this fun and interactive! My brain is going a mile a minute right now!!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 19, 2013 02:28PM)
Yeah should be fun! Lest we forget, fun should be our 'mission statement' in life!
The FFForum will be open soon, can I ask that people ask questions, discuss and so forth over there. I cannot answer individual emails, not only because of time, but also I would be replying to a mailshot!
Let's all make friends behind the bushes.
One important thing to do over there is play swapsies. Someone contacted me saying that they had the perfect thing but needed to make a change. I am sure this will be true of lots of you.
See that huddle in the corner of the playground, what's going on over there?

...or yes, and Congratulations Dr Todd, I did not know that you were once in the Police!!!
This IS going to be fun!!
[quote]
On 2013-02-20 00:11, David Eichler wrote:
This IS going to be fun!!
[/quote]

Oh, ok. I'll try en make it fun. . .;)
Love the "pubic perception of magic".
:approve:
Message: Posted by: Christopher Gould (Feb 20, 2013 08:04AM)
OK, I do want to let this thread die gracefully now - but can I ask once more - please do not contact me via email. As it is a mail shot, 60 people see your post and if I reply, I reply to 60 people! So if you are attaching a file, just send me a fresh email, rather than replying to the mailshot.
Or come over to the designated room - see end of welcome letter. Be good to get a little discrete group going there.

Also, I still do not know who Acesover is and have no email - so, if you are around sir, let me know, other wise there may be one last slot.

Talking of slots, this task may not be to the liking of a few of you, that's fine, I have a waiting list on this. But, I would *really* appreciate you letting me know, so someone else can take part - no hard feelings at all. Don't let me know and the feeling may not be hard, but a little stiff!

Some great submissions coming in already, but remember, there is no rush on this.

toodle pip.