(Close Window)
Topic: (W)hole deck by Marc Arthur
Scoopy doopy doo!

Here's another one courtesy of The Scoopmaster.

Marc has released his new trick - the (w)hole deck.

In a nutshell a sticker melts through a spectator's selected card, creating an actual hole on the card that they can stick their finger through. The hole then jumps from the selected card onto the rest of the pack, which can also be examined.

The demo video is finished and will be on the WMS site any minute now.

It's a winner folks!

Until my next scoop.

J 'Scoopmaster' Ferg ;)
Easy to do?
Meh...another one deck wonder and at around $40 with shipping...yikes. Would have been nice if the video didn't cut away at the "move" as doing a DL with the force card showing before and after the DL must take a bit of bold misdirection.
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 08:28, gimmickless wrote:
Easy to do?
[/quote]

I'd say very easy. The card cannot be signed if you're wondering.
Link?
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 08:55, gdw wrote:
Link?
[/quote]
http://www.google.com
I agree Harv, shame about the cut at the most important moment!?!?
Hopefully one of the WMS tem will be able to post a link that works as the email they sent out went to a blank page
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 09:48, Martin.Lester wrote:
Hopefully one of the WMS tem will be able to post a link that works as the email they sent out went to a blank page
[/quote]
Scoopmaster to the rescue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHuaXBRVh8
WMS main site:

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/default.asp
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 09:53, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks
Hi Guys,

Sorry about that!

Here is the link:

Red version: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/W_hole_Deck_by_Marc_Arthur_and_Kozmomagic_p/dvdwholedeck_red.htm
Blue version: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/W_hole_Deck_by_Marc_Arthur_and_Kozmomagic_p/dvdwholedeck_blu.htm

Cheers
Really like the look of this. I have been watching the Dave Forrest Project Zero dvd set so I have moving holes on the brain. I really like a few of the moments in this.
Message: Posted by: Magic from A to Z (Feb 16, 2013 11:04AM)
The links aren't working...
That looks soooo obvious whats going on.....one for short sighted spectators..
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 12:02, Paul Rathbun wrote:
I have been watching the Dave Forrest Project Zero dvd set so I have moving holes on the brain.[/quote]
I have also the impression that the ghost of David Forrest (and maybe some of his moves)floats above this trick....
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Just am enjoying how darn epic you are being.
I saw this when it was still in production and thought it had some great moments... definitely a cool routine. I'll be getting one!
I'm not much for one-trick ponies...I still shudder as I remember my "beginning" magic days...when I needed a suitcase with roller wheels...just to carry my so-call "Act" around. (grin)

But, that said, I find the (W)hole Deck to be fun and intriguing. I just [i]might[/i] break with "tradition"...and buy one. Stay tuned.

Mike

P.S. Is this available directly from a USA dealer, or, is World Magic Shop the exclusive world dealer? And, if it is, how long will such "exclusive" last?

P.P.S. Here is a working link for the (W)hole Deck in red: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/W_hole_Deck_by_Marc_Arthur_and_Kozmomagic_p/dvdwholedeck.htm
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol. I think Garrett Thomas nailed it when he said "Something different, quirky and fun".

When I see something like this, I think "what if a BIG NAME did this on an L&L shoot". How would it look? I think this would be a big hit with their audience and Magicians at home watching would love it.
I produced this, it's a worker and it's $30
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 16:06, Kozmo wrote:
I produced this, it's a worker and it's $30
[/quote]

Kozmo,

Where, [b]in the USA[/b], can this be purchased?

Mike
Keep in mind the cards are never in the box, because you have to produce the circles at the end. So for pocket management you have to make room for a one trick deck, and its box. Visual, looks fun but not a worker for walk around in my opinion.
I think the dumping of the holes is a bit of a mess. A fun mess but a mess none the less. I would probably skip that part and just end with the hole jumping to the deck.
I don't see any need to dump out the cutouts. The ending should be to put the cards in the box and then restore them. Dump the card out and show a regular deck. Now that would be a kicker ending.
I strongly disagree that this isn't a worker with respect. However I would not do the productin of the holes at the end. Not important. The effect is the hole deck with oles. Very strong and a big surprise.

It will be available in the next 2 weeks inside the US
But Ina show situation the productions of the holes is great
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 23:46, Kozmo wrote:
I strongly disagree that this isn't a worker with respect. However I would not do the productin of the holes at the end. Not important. The effect is the hole deck with oles. Very strong and a big surprise.

It will be available in the next 2 weeks inside the US
[/quote]

Agreed, I don't think I would do the end production.

I USUALLY stay away from one deck effects, but a switch of decks after this routine is kind of justified! Or I would use it as my closing card routine.
Hey guys!

This is now in stock and ready to be shipped!

(W)hole Red Version: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/W_hole_Deck_by_Marc_Arthur_and_Kozmomagic_p/dvdwholedeck.htm

(W)hole Blue Version: http://www.worldmagicshop.com/W_hole_Deck_by_Marc_Arthur_and_Kozmomagic_p/dvdwholedeck_blu.htm

P.S I think it's a worker! :)

Regards
*** straight :)
The WPR lads "featured" it on today's show. They said if they were reviewing it, it would have gotten worker of the week ( they are only doing Blackpool features this week ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMveSdCouDg
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 12:12, geggy wrote:
[/quote]

If you are talking about the portion of the routine where the hole 'visibly' transfers from one card to the other as the card is moved back and forth slowly on the deck, this (to me) is reminiscient of "Bag For Life", where what looks visible to us is not noticed by the spectator due to what they assume they are seeing.

That's how I read it, anyway.
[quote]
On 2013-02-20 16:58, Chessmann wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-02-16 12:12, geggy wrote:
[/quote]

If you are talking about the portion of the routine where the hole 'visibly' transfers from one card to the other as the card is moved back and forth slowly on the deck, this (to me) is reminiscient of "Bag For Life", where what looks visible to us is not noticed by the spectator due to what they assume they are seeing.

That's how I read it, anyway.
[/quote]

Yes I did mean that exactly..But your right it maybe would not be obvious to layman....Its just not for me.
24 for a deck with holes punched in it! You could always cut the holes yourself, perhaps square ones to make it easier.
Better still, read Simon Lovell's trick called 'Heartless', where all the deck apart from the 4 kings ends up with their centres completely missing.
It's in his 'Simon Says' book, amongst other places.
Geggy are you serious? This would SLAY lay people! You are a magician, my friend. That's why it's obvious to you. Dave Forrest has a similar effect to the first phase from his Project Zero DVD and it's killer. A decent deck switch and you are gold for this.
This looks a lot like Jay Sankey's "Terra Unfirma" from 'The Sankey Sanders Sessions.' It looks like they have taken it to a whole (no pun intended, ok maybe a little) new level. I think this would definitely get great reactions.
I'm pretty sure this plays very strong for lay people.....POSITIVE!
It's so deceptive....when Craig did it he didn't use all the displays showing the deck as real....Marcs handling is so strong....Killed me when I first saw it
Marc showed me this at the Magic Convention .. this kicks butt!!!

The Guy is a freakin genius!
Most magicians who pick up a worker like this understand that lay people don't expect anything....by the way I marc do this live and he fooled the crap out of me.....this thing is awesome....
A real worker in my opinion get this and the cooler to switch decks under fire you got a miracle :-}
If in doubt, throw your 30 bones - or less! - at Jerry Mentzer's "Card File 2" and check out Pressure Point. Same premise (based on a Meir Yedid idea), and with a few handling nuances that don't lend themselves well to "(W)hole Deck."

Variations of this beast have made the rounds for a long, long time.

[FWIW / Caveat Emptor: The prose in CF2 - at least the words attributed to me - were extracted from notes hastily written several years earlier... cringe-worthy stuff that I'd completely forgotten about by the time Jerry went to print.]
Magicshayne agreed
Wow, that looks good.
Another worth checking is Swiss Pack by David Acer. Believe it's in Natural Selections.
It was also released a long time ago as a separate item.
If Blaine or Angel performed this on TV, people would go nuts. It's just that kind of trick.
I get it after a few watches but it only needs to baffle on the first viewing right? :)

I've ordered it.
You'll get some work out of this, I promise....good trick
Anyone pick this up yet?
[quote]
On 2013-04-07 10:14, Kozmo wrote:
Anyone pick this up yet?
[/quote]

Can you show us some footage of you performing it busking? I think seeing it done live would help us get a feel for how it plays. THANKS!
I don't do it on the streets....

koz
[quote]
On 2013-04-07 17:30, Kozmo wrote:
I don't do it on the streets....

koz
[/quote]

It looks fantastic. I just enjoy seeing professionals perform ( that's where we actually learn ), so I thought I'd ask. I bet it becomes a best seller and goes right into the sets of many workers. I think Craig and Dave, if they review it , will love it.
The Whole Deck was already featured on the WPR:
http://youtu.be/DMveSdCouDg
[quote]
On 2013-04-07 17:56, jprace wrote:
The Whole Deck was already featured on the WPR:
http://youtu.be/DMveSdCouDg
[/quote]

Jeff, great memory! The lads did love it and said it would have gotten worker of the week if it was part of the usual review show!
Got it on Saturday. :) DVD is excellent and the deck is great, well worth the price.
[quote]
On 2013-04-08 04:56, 8a22a wrote:
Got it on Saturday. :) DVD is excellent and the deck is great, well worth the price.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree the DVD is excellent in its teaching of the effect, very easy to follow and I am sure when I have 'worked this one up' it will certainly fool spectators!
Anyone use this yet?
I've been using it all week. Last night I did it 12 times at a charity event(and switched it in using my Cooler as suggested above). A women IMMEDIATLY asked me if I was available to do a Cocktail party next Saturday. She said her husband is a poker player and loves cards so I'm working up a cancelled deck presentation. For 30 bucks you get the deck(sorry but it ain't that easy to just punch holes in a deck like these are done as someone suggested),the circle punches(perhaps chads!) and the DVD with 3 REALLY strong and well taught effects. that's a pretty good deal in my opinion.Really great effect.
Got my attention! This is Sankey's Terra Unfirma on steroids!
Any U.S. dealers?
Every dealer in the US....and its available on my site
http://www.kozmomagic.com

koz
Thanks, Koz!
I just gotta say I love this...when I first saw it I was hooked... I wanted to wait and the see the reviews and what a few friends had to say about this and got nothing but positive feedback...now I just had to wait for the right time...being the "bargain" shopper that I am I was glad to see one of my favorite online shops selling it with a discount of 15% , its a "holiday sale"...got mine and a "back up" at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com ...sometimes I open with it, sometimes I close with it...either way it leaves a lasting impression...this is a not a quick trick, this is for the "performer", I give this effect 5 out of 5 stars...can't recommend this enough....

Junior :)