(Close Window)
Topic: Infinitum by Hondo
Hoop of the day - breaking news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQX6gxMpD_s

Saw the above on the hocus-pocus website.
I love how this looks! Can't find a single review of the thing, though...
So what makes this the "best" ever?
[quote]
On 2013-02-23 13:33, gdw wrote:
So what makes this the "best" ever?
[/quote]

Well...hard to say until someone actually reviews it!
That did look really good. I had never hear of it and had to search.

http://themagicapple.com/new-products/7-dvd-s/infinitum-dvd-by-hondo/P730-infinitum-dvd-and-gimmicks-by-hondo

Effect:
Just imagine, using nothing but rubber bands to give your audience an unbelieveable experience - then allowing them to keep the rubber bands as a souvenir!

What You Get:
Each Infinitum contains 20 sets of gimmicked rubber bands, one rubber band chain, a pack of high-quality No. 19 Gold Rubber Bands and one instructional DVD. The DVD contains Hondo's personal performance and explanations, as well as his tips on presentation and audience management.
It looks really good, but we have so many new rubberband tricks now

* Rubberraid
* Totally Crazy Bands
* Light speed
* Bandito
* Linkey
* Rubber thru hand
* Linxus
Anybody able to provide any review on this?

I am not trying to be rude but I am very disappointed with my first experience with Hondo's product, intuition. What I get is a simple deck of card, nothing gimmick. The cards sent to me wasn't "treated" at all. When I made mentioned about the deck, there is no offer to replace it. I have no choice but ended my deck inside my drawer.

As we, members of MC, will be generous with our compliments on awesome products we should not keep our bad experiences.

I won't get this at the moment unless I can read remarkable comments on this here.
I just purchased this tonight!!! Took the plunge without any reviews.... Will post my thoughts once I receive...

-Bobby
Looks like its just some SLR and slink.

If that's the case, then I've been performing this effect since SLR came out.
I thought it looked like a re-release of Hondo's Cream Bands - which predated SLR and Slink, if I recall correctly. Still, I wonder if the gimmicked bands are any better this time around, or if the SLR bands are still the best available...
It does look like his previous release cream bands. Cream bands comes with an extra routine and gimmick where 2 bands are merge into 1 single large band. I'm not sure what's new in this release. Appreciate if Bob can share his thoughts on this
It's a re-marketed SLR. I own both, would stick with SLR though.
I own cream bands (was only released in Taiwan, to my knowledge - with the link and with the merge), which was later added upon and re-released generally in 2009 by Hondo as Picasso Bands (with the twist effect added). This dates around the same time that SLR and Linking Loverbands were separately released.

Infinitum looks like a continuations of Hondo's previous two releases on this same effect. I also own SLR, and I would say that SLR and Infinitum are different. I'm not sure how well-made the gimmicks are for Infinitum, but comparing Cream bands to SLR, Cream bands are more like real rubber bands in the way they look/feel, but there was a major (imo, fatal) flaw, imo, that gave away how the rubber bands are linked, which SLR solves, but at the cost of rubber bands that just don't look/feel like rubber bands.

While the routines are nothing too original, if the gimmicks are improved, it may be worth taking a look at. I look forward to a review, especially of the gimmick quality.
Sgtgrey, you are right. I've just checked, my copy is Pcasso bands which got 3 effects - twisted, linked and merged band
OK so this came in today from Hocus Pocus. I have not had a chance to watch it all but I will comment on a few things now.

The DVD is not in English but does have English subtitles.

The pre linked bands are AMAZING!!!! I see no visible cut in the bands I will post photos with my thorough review.

The Linking band routine from what I briefly watched is basically Slink by Daniel Garcia with pre linked bands... He does credit that however.

I need to watch the whole DVD before I say yo much more... I will keep you all posted.

-Bobby
I'm surprised to receive Hondo's reply to my post and his generous offer. I will say that at least he is hearing "me"/"us".

On his reply, he offered to send me a new Intuition deck and Infinitum. Kind and generous of him to do this. I never expect this offer.

When both, "In"tuition and "In"finitum are "In", I hope to offer my few cents of fair reviews here.
Posted a LONG review over here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=505594&forum=109&0
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 19:58, sgtgrey wrote:
Posted a LONG review over here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=505594&forum=109&0
[/quote]
Thanks for sharing your review!

Hondo
Hello guys,
Check it out!
Wizard Product Review- Worker of The Week!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2dKHPE6ygWU#t=1153s

Hondo
Not another rubber band trick, how many do we need
[quote]
On 2013-04-24 13:03, Hondo wrote:
Hello guys,
Check it out!
Wizard Product Review- Worker of The Week!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2dKHPE6ygWU#t=1153s

Hondo
[/quote]
Is there any chance for purchasing refills if you buy this product? A refill is the reason why I'd buy this.
This is from my review:

"Just an addendum to the prior review - I messaged Hondo and it appears there are plans for refills in the future. To me, this is great news!"

Haven't seen one listed yet, but it appears to be in the works. Since I'm not a pro worker, I haven't performed this enough yet to exhaust my souvenir bands. Great review by the WPR, though. Very accurate, imo.
In essence Great item if you do rubber band tricks even though the dvd isn't in English, even if it does have subtitles. For a trick where you need to be focusing on the picture to get the moves right, then to also read the subtitles is a let down for me.

My biggest problem though-
Effect:
"...and give them to the audiences as souvenirs"
BUT in reality without refils available, you have 3 options:
1)perform to no more than 20 people
2)give out the first 19 then keep taking back the 20th -the first 19 may have got the word that with you they can keep the joined bands
3)keep buying the whole set again! -including DVD & ungimmicked bands just to get the gimmicked bands!!!
Any word on refills yet???
Also, where in the states can I buy this?
No word on refills, which is unfortunate. Hondo did mention they would happen, but I haven't heard any more....

The effect can be found in the states at Hocus-Pocus:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/
Yes, it would be nice to be able to buy refills. It would make the effect stronger if we could give out the "finished" products. Sometimes, when I give them out to spectators, I am feel like saying..."i can let you examine it, but please say you don't want it and give it back to me. I don't have a lot of them...".
Any word on refills??????
Pmed Hondo with no response. I have just been rebuying the dvd for the refills but it has been pretty expensive doing that, but you have to give them away. The second you take the link bands back you break the illusion. I don't even care how much the refills are, I'd buy them buy the hundreds when they become available.
Yes, I would like to know more about refills.. Hondo, any way to get them ?
I don't understand how more people aren't chiming in one this.
[quote]
On 2013-08-26 22:40, elimagic wrote:
I don't understand how more people aren't chiming in one this.
[/quote]

simple, because they just have to get my TCB DVD. With Totally Crazy Bands you learn, how to make linked Bands
in no Time for just a few cents:)

So if you Love Linked Rubberbands, get Hondo's DVD for his Great Routine and my TCB DVD as the perfect Companion.

Magicians helping other Magicians:)
Still looking for the premade refills from Hondo. ANyone?
[quote]
On 2013-09-15 13:34, elimagic wrote:
Still looking for the premade refills from Hondo. ANyone?
[/quote]

perhaps eli doesen't understand my poor english?

read my post before this and perhaps you get it:)
I read it fine the first time. I do have your dvd rasmus and have used your method, however Hondo's pre made bands in my humble opinion are better than the ones I am making myself using your method. However, I have used the routines that came with your dvd in conjunction with Hondo's as well. I love the band thru wrist !
[quote]
On 2013-09-15 14:15, elimagic wrote:
I read it fine the first time. I do have your dvd rasmus and have used your method, however Hondo's pre made bands in my humble opinion are better than the ones I am making myself using your method. However, I have used the routines that came with your dvd in conjunction with Hondo's as well. I love the band thru wrist !

[/quote]

awesome eli, thanks for your review:) if you follow exactly the setup for making the bands
and use the mentioned materials, you will get them as perfect as hondo's pre made bands, believe me. I saw hondo's bands and they look exactly as the ones I make myself.

band through wrist is also one of my favorites. hondo's routine is awesome by the way:)

thanks my friend and as I said before: give it another try, ok?

best wishes and good luck
Now comes the refills ! 20 bands fore 9$, not bad.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16185
Hi there!
My new DVD- Drunk is released!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DS6CaatJNQ

You can see it at your fav magic dealers now!

PS: In this DVD is an egg! try to find it out!

Hondo
This DVD is a necessity for anyone who likes rubber band magic. This will transform your rubber band magic into a full fledged routine that will be an absolute audience killer. The gimmicks and rubberbands that come with the DVD are top notch and is filmed well and taught very clearly. Highly suggest this to anyone who enjoys rubber band magic.