(Close Window)
Topic: A TASTE OF CHAOS - LOKI KROSS [new thread]
Looking forward to Loki's new T&R card DVD!

Just thought I woud start another thread here since I messed up the title in the previous one - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=501628&forum=218&5

Please post below if you have more infomation aout the trailer. Or if you have any reviews.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------
Thank you Bob!

I will re post my initial response here, as well.

"Hey guys!

Thank you for your interest!

As for information, the ad tells it like it is.

The product is done, and I have my copies. The rest are at Murphy's getting sorted out, shipped, ect.
Once they are on the way to shops, the demo should be available.

I have the finished demo, per their request, and it will go public soon.
This should all start happening in the first week of March. That is what I am told.

I hope that helps

If you have any specific questions, please ask.

Thank you again for your interest, very soon, more will be revealed
LokI"

Thanks again Bob!
More info to come in the next week, I'm sure!

(Plus I had videos of these up last year, so I know some have seen them. I will say that I have really worked non-stop on finessing them since then. This project took 5 years to make "Right", by my standards. (Just the method) I hope you all enjoy it!)
Considering LokI's brilliant thinking in FAX, I think we're in for a revolution in the T&R plot!

Zombieland
Im eager for this as well. I posted on this from another topic. I believe this is a polished effect from a video I saw a few months ago. Really nice and clean effect. Not sure of the surroundings or angles but the way the torn card was being handled the spectator gets almost full view front and back of the card almost the entire time.. again saw it a while ago but looking at it as a laymen felt sweet. Cause I had no idea how he was working it. Cant wait to see, read or hear more about this.
Wow Paisa23!
Thanks!

I am thrilled that it was memorable enough to post about!

LokI
Loki, what do you consider are the strengths of your version as opposed to what is currently out there?
I am a TnR fan, looking forward to this.
Well paperinick, there are 2 on the DVD.

One is more advanced and one is more simple. (With over 45 minutes of instruction and 30 minutes of "Pro-Tips", it is about 80 minutes of teaching, 95 overall.)
The good thing is, the simple one will help you to get to the more advanced one.

They both have their strengths.
Until the demo comes out, I do not want to say too much, but here is the ad copy from the box. (With extra bits added in these parentheticals)

------------------------------------------
"Two TNRs that range from Beginner to Expert"

Legacy: A Hyper-Visual, 4-piece, signed TNR. With No Prefold, No gimmicks, No sticky. (Also there is no switching the card at the end).

With restorations that happen with No Cover, and it can be shown on both sides, hands empty, after every phase.

(It also includes 2 additional restorations. So you can do 3 different ones. It is 36 minutes of teaching, film-cuts, all over shoulder, spectator view at speed. There is also over 30 minutes of "Pro-Tips" from myself, Christopher Rose, and Jeff McBride on the DVD.)

Mythos: (The easy one)
This is not just a signed TNR, it is a performance piece that can be done for up to 2 participants.

It can be done from a sealed, borrowed, or any deck.

It begins and ends clean, (nothing added or taken away), with a restoration they will feel happening in their own hand.

It has an editable pdf with a script that turns it into a 5-6 minute performance piece. With an optional way to do the ending. With one climax, or two.

Mythos IS the TNR that can be a freely selected card from a borrowed deck (impromptu), and restores in their hand. (They even see it is their card pieces before you put them in their hand) No gimmicks or anything.

Legacy is what I always wanted a 4 piece TNR to be. So I spent 5 years on it. (Well over 2,000 hours. Outliers, eat your heart out ;) )
It starts with open hands and a card. It is folded and torn. Each piece is shown separate.
The restorations look like the pieces melt together, with no cover.
You CAN show both sides and hands empty, EVERY phase, (But it becomes overkill, it is more for when someone wants to check. Affirming each phase can actually bore some people, but it is there.)
It is signed. They can inspect the card immediately after it is put back together. And everything ends looking clean. (I have several methods and ruses for this).

Hopefully that helps. I wanted to create a TNR that hit all the areas others have issues with other TNRs. While still keeping it magical, and not "Surgical".

During the process Mythos evolved.

And while I love performing Legacy, and feel it is very natural, and practical, (I use it to push spectators "over the edge"), Mythos is a real practical worker, as well.
I usually have my clients bring a new deck just to do it. It also offers the ability to warm read your spectators. If you wanted.

So I tried my best over the years to make this into something special.
To put it in perspective. I spent 3 years working my FAX method into magic, (And I knew it beforehand).
I have spent 5 years working on this, everyday.

I hope that helps,

LokI
OK. You have gotten my attention. Looking forward to seeing the demo.
I have a passion for TNRs. I can't wait to see the demo.
Demo?
I've been waiting for this since the Geni ad! Love torn and restored effects and Loki fax was amazing thinking.
Because of some of my posts here on the Café about [i]Fax[/i] and [i]The Velvet Expanse[/i], I was lucky enough to get to talk to LokI in private via Skype. During our conversation, I mentioned that I was looking forward to [i]ATOC[/i], and he offered to perform both [i]Legacy[/i] and [i]Mythos[/i] for me there and then!

They are both great effects!

[i]Legacy[/i] totally fooled me - it looks so magical. I was able to choose what name LokI wrote on the card before he performed the effect. It really does look like the sort of TnR effect a lot of us have been waiting and wishing for. It will take most of us some time to be as smooth as LokI is, I'm sure, but it'll be worth it! I can't wait to learn this... :)

[i]Mythos[/i] is a very good, very entertaining effect with the focus on the story, and the tearing of the card being integral to the storyline. I love the way the spectator is drawn into it. Again, I was able to choose what LokI wrote on the cards, so there was no way he could have pre-empted what was going to be written on them. (Actually, I don't think he was intending to perform either of these effects to me during our conversation anyway, but when I mentioned [i]ATOC[/i], he offered to - so there was no way he would even have given it any thought beforehand! And when performing to spectators face-to-face, of course, the spectators write on the cards themselves.) Obviously I wasn't able to hold the card to experience it restoring in my own hand, but I got a very real sense of the wonder a spectator would feel with the magic happening in their hands! :)

So often I read about an effect and get enthusiastic about it, only to be disappointed when I see it. Not so with either of these effects. I re-read what LokI wrote in his post above on this thread and can honestly say that he is not exaggerating. (The only thing I would say is that I would have to make sure that if I borrowed a deck from someone, they knew cards would be written on and that any future games they might play with them would be compromised! ;))

Has anybody else seen these effects yet? If so, what did you think?

Rich
I agree.

Very clean T n R which I cant wait to get released.

This is going to be killer.

I also talked to Loki via Skype, and he also performed it for me, and its great!

Looks like one will have to practice to make it look as smooth as Loki, but it will be worth it.

Thanks

Alex
Any idea when I can buy a copy?
Thank you for the kind words everyone :)

Bob, I PM'ed you :)

As well, I should just say that I produced/published this.
Murphy's is my partner in distribution. So I have agreed to wait on their "Go get 'em!" to release the demo. (I'm told very soon, Blackpool was very busy for them).

But I DO have copies to sell, and I have no restrictions on those sales, other than MSRP. (No exclusivity).

So you can wait on the demo, or buy from me now. Or buy from me after the demo. It is all good :)
(I always stand behind my claims, Thanks for noticing guys!)

Or at your favorite magic shop, when it drops in a week or so.
(Just keep in mind I have "normal people" shipping ;) U.S. is cheapest, obviously.)

Options!

LokI
Loki, from reading this, I'm ready to purchase from you now. I'm a huge TnR guy. Been studying it for years, and it is one of my staples.
So, I'm interested in getting it immediately. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks. Fax is amazing by the way.
After FAX, I'm really looking forward to this. I hope they give the green light to show the trailer soon.
We can order direct from LokI Kross. Mine should be here today or tomorrow. After FAX, I had to see what this guy is up to with the T&R plot.
Thanks for pointing it out Zombie! Yours will be in today, I know! (I thought it would have been in by Saturday. Priority mail :P)

As well, BMWguy should have his by now too!

kylkmann, I PM'd you a few days ago :)

LokI

PS. I will be getting a firmer release date and demo date ASAP.
Yeah I got mine in, problem is it comes to my parents house, so I need to wait till I see my parents to get it.

Cant wait.

Alex
Any demo yet?
Hey guys! An update, if you will...

I was told this will be ready, and in stores, in the next 10 business days.
The product has been done a couple weeks, as has the demo. I am just sitting on them waiting for the "go-ahead".

Murphy's just needed more time to catch up on orders and are getting this out to shops ASAP.
They told me it should be ready in the next 10 business days, then I can release the demo, and everyone can find the product easily in their local shop, or online retailer.

I hope this helps. :)

As well, some already have this, so hopefully we can get some feedback from one of them.
So it may have been better to put the ad in the April Genii; I didn't place the ad, I just made it, but I will consider this in the future.

I am excited to share this with all of you!
It has been a long time in the making, I hope another week doesn't kill anyone's interest! :)

Looking forward to sharing my demo with you all,
LokI
Mine arrived! I'll put it in today and give a watch. I've done T&R's, so I'll be interested in what this brings to the table.
When I wanted to buy [i]Fax[/i] directly from LokI, I asked him how much it would cost to send a copy to the UK. When he told me it would cost about $36, I reluctantly decided that I'd have to wait and see if any shops stock it over here, as the shipping was just too expensive.

I told LokI this. He kindly re-checked the shipping cost for me and told me that he had found a way he could send it to me for about a third of the price (about $12) :)

I just wanted to let other potential overseas customers know this, in case anyone had asked before or was wondering about it.

Thank you, LokI!

Rich
Thanks Rich!

I have found that I can be pretty competitive :)

I just sent 2 dvds priority, to Australia, for 24$; and it will be there in a week.

I just take the "H", out of "S&H", and it seems to be pretty fair.

I don't mind the "H".
Because it feels great to be able to share with all of you! :)

LokI
Hey Everybody! I just received my ATOC in the mail today. I immediately watched it, and all I can say is WoW! I've done the TnR for years, and to be honest with you, the one that I use the most is Wayne Houchin's "Counterfeit Hollingworth" because there isn't really much prep work, and works good for walk around. But what I've seen today, I will probably shift over to Loki's because it is a TnR that you can leave with them signed! I also can see why Loki has been working on this for years. I must say though, this will take some practice (Which I love, and I'm always looking for ways to practice). This comes with two great routines. Legacy is a very visual piece by piece restoration that is for the more advanced, while Mythos is a restoration that the spectator believes happens in their own hands. I'm excited about practicing these two for the next several weeks, before I implement this in my walk arounds. All in all, great work Loki!
Has anyone else got any reviews of ATOC?

Rich
[quote]
On 2013-03-11 15:01, r99h wrote:
Has anyone else got any reviews of ATOC?

Rich
[/quote]

I got behind with some family stuff on the weekend. It's the best T&R I've seen, but I'll offer details.
Exciting news in the works today.
Will post more after the business day concludes :)

Get ready ;)

LokI
Gosh, wow, this is gonna take some practice. I think it'll be worth it. There is a lot going on for Legacy, but I am willing to put in the practice. The phases are beautiful and the movements are smooth.

Mythos - I can only repeat what has already been said. A nice little showpiece, something I'm comfortable doing right away.
I'm getting smother with it. It takes some practice ( good! ) but is not out of the range of a hobbyist ( I do NOT have Hollingworth hands ). What I was interested in was Mythos ( Jeff McBride gets blown away by it ). It actually makes doing the T&R easier to do because of the subterfuge in the routine.
ATOC arrived just yesterday and I have been blown away by how LokI has been able to meet all the ideal conditions for a TnR with a method that is genuinely breaking new ground. As I first watched the performance of Legacy I was smiling big at the clean way in which the whole sequence looks. A spectator could truly describe the effect back in simple terms and the all important last piece is dealt with very neatly in this version! As others have mentioned this is going to take work to perform well (thank goodness) and I for one am willing to put in the work as you could not ask for a more satisfying 4 piece TnR both visually and practically.

LokI provides and over the shoulder view for practice so learning this is a pleasure. The pro tips from Christopher Rose and Jeff McBride are fantastic as this opens up the typical sage like McBride insights on deeper meaning of TnR's. LoKI and Rose also do a disucssion together primarily on handling tips and insights, I definitely felt that the whole project offered excellent value with a lot of detail and discussion provided beyond just the performance and explanation sections.

Mythos was a most enjoyable variation which takes the effect in quite a different direction and LokI masterfully weaves a deeper meaning & personal patter around the effect. Don't want to spoil it for others but will say if you enjoy delivering meaningful message with your magic this is an ideal effect for it!

All in all a fantastic package and awesome development in TnR plot & methods.

Al
I looked at what I've been writing up, but Al Straker said it far better than what I had.

I agree that this is ground breaking. The filming/teaching segments really jump out at you.
Thank you for the early reviews! :)

They are appreciated :)

LokI

(So I guess I should unleash the Kraken...)
"A Taste of Chaos" by LokI Kross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raiooQJDoak

(Available in 1080p)

Enjoy :)
LokI
Official:

Murphy's has released "A Taste of Chaos" for immediate download, and the message is going out to all the dealers as I type this.
Expect to see links, and more, very soon.

Here is the link at Murphy's so you can tell your favorite dealer to make it available:

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Streaming/Product.aspx?id=50717

It is also set for pre-order, and will release on March 25th, in physical form.
So expect to see more news as business picks back up Monday :)

Thank you everyone for your support!
It is a wonderful honor!

LokI
[quote]
On 2013-03-15 20:33, lokikross wrote:
"A Taste of Chaos" by LokI Kross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raiooQJDoak

(Available in 1080p)

Enjoy :)
LokI
[/quote]

That is the demo, BTW ;)
After FAX, I'm really looking forward to this LokI!

Thank you.

Jim
Loki, Loki, Loki great effect, love it, but wow, your spectator is a stunner! Beautiful long hair, gorgeous infectious smile....where did you find him?!
[quote]
On 2013-03-16 00:37, OliOliOli wrote:
Loki, Loki, Loki great effect, love it, but wow, your spectator is a stunner! Beautiful long hair, gorgeous infectious smile....where did you find him?!
[/quote]

HAHA! :P

He was doing some busking and I thought I would help the guy out! (I'll tell him he has a fan ;) )

Thanks OliOlllll.. (Oh, I tried).

Thanks for the positive energy guys!
It looks really good, LokI.

When you showed me these effects via Skype, I was left feeling that [i]Legacy[/i] is the TnR to end all TnRs! Watching the demo, I haven't changed my mind :)

And the effect of [i]Mythos[/i] on spectators - being an effect which deals with their hopes and fears, as well as a TnR that happens in their hands - I'm sure is incredible. Added to that, Ben Seidman's promise of gaining 'insight, techniques and excellent presentational points' from the DVD/download - it really does look like the complete package!

I'm looking forward to reading more reviews of this. (I'll post one myself once I've bought and practised it...)

[i]ATOC[/i] looks fantastic - I can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

Rich
I also have this, and I agree, probably the best TnR, as it combines many methods and techniques.

Now time to practice

Alex
Did I missed a video clip where I can see the routines?
The trailer is full of text and hype but I cannot see the effect or the structure of the routines?
I like to see a full performance.
Ahh. Nice :)
A demo question.

To answer your question Axel, you did, for the most part.

To show both full performances, it would have been a 10 minute demo.
When I made the first demo, it was 5 minutes. Murphy's had me cut it up, to shorten it for dealers. (Guess watching me fold a card is boring :P)

I actually protested, as I feel the full Legacy performance could be posted, and more people will actually want it.

It is not hype. I did spend over 5 years and well over 2,000 hours on this.
Ask Christian Schenk, (who did your T&R), he should remember me showing him the full performance at magi-fest. (We have been friends a few years).

Last night I received a message asking if one may compare our products, to see the differences.
I told them that your's was beautiful, Christian makes great card products, and that there was no real reason to compare the two.

As for the demo, my first one, I enjoyed the process; and have received great response.
But I stand by my claims, just like I did with FAX, (and I backed them there, as well.)

The Mythos performance is unnecessary. It is simple. You could probably figure it out from description.

For Legacy, I am doing what I was asked to do.
But I will send a link to a complete performance, to your PM. As I would happily make it public again.
(Start to finish, no cuts, no BS).

If that would help anyone on the fence about this, then PM me.

This is exactly what people are saying it is.
Plus it is backed by Morgan Strebler, Ben Seidman, Christopher Rose, and Jeff McBride. It HAS to be what I say it is.
These guys are not going to let their rep take a hit at my expense. (Nor would I want them to).

Sending link to you now.
Please share your thoughts here, as I am confident, and have nothing to worry about. :)

LokI
Loki, please make the link available for all of us to view instead of everyone sending you a PM to get to watch it. I have to agree with Alex on this one (we would all like to see a full performance). I for one would not purchase this on your demo video alone. Thanks.
Also, if anyone agrees with me that Legacy should, and could be shown complete; speak up.

It will be the voices that show my partners that the full performance is solid, and a "non-risk".

Because I will happily post Legacy full.

But I will not step on my business partners to do so.

Maybe you guys can change their mind :)

LokI
Post it in FULL, baby! I, for one, agree. :)
[quote]
On 2013-03-17 06:53, Axel Hecklau wrote:
Did I missed a video clip where I can see the routines?
The trailer is full of text and hype but I cannot see the effect or the structure of the routines?
I like to see a full performance.
[/quote]

No, Axel, you didn't miss a video.

In the demo you saw LokI tearing a card and restoring all four pieces of the card in [i]Legacy[/i]. Therefore a whole performance.

You also got a full description of [i]Mythos[/i], and saw the part where the spectator opened their hand to reveal the restored card.

Deshalb, koennen Sie alles I'm Demo sehen, das Sie brauchen :)

Rich
I bought this sight unseen. I still have not decided yet whether I will use it but I believe it is entitled to a full demo the way Torn and TnR of those types have had full demos. At least that's my opinion. I respect at the end of the day it is a business decision and one that goes beyond the opinions of those that have the time and inclination to visit this site. I have never not purchased a fairly priced trick that I like just because I had some inkling of method from the demo but that may be the exception rather than the rule. I certainly appreciate Axel's full demos but of course most of his tricks include at least some gimmick and therefore could not readily be reverse engineered at any rate.
Well. I wish I knew more languages. lol.

I have sent some links to people, and have only heard positive response.

But I do have a scenario of logic to share with you all...

Go online and watch any full performance of:
Torn
Reformation
Reparation
Any 4 piece TNR that does not use St**ky
And even David Copperfield doing Torn Asunder.

Now... Think about this.

In these and even restorations like sawing a woman in half, you do not "see" any magic.

You see something separate, then obscured, and then it is "magically" fixed.

The point of magic in a restoration is the restoration itself.

Then why does all of the classics have the magic obscured?

It is basically "Here is a broken object. Here is a drape to cover it. Now see? It has restored."
The actual point of magic is hidden in any T&R where the fingers cover the restoration, or the "seam".

But even in the short moments of Legacy in the demo; you get to see the actual magic. It restores in sight.

So it is actually showing MORE magic than any T&R where the fingers have to cover the magic, as that is just showing before & after.

Legacy, even in this demo, shows the magic. And it does not need st**ky, just practice. :)

Meaning it shows more than most T&R demos out there, by default.

I would say it is just my opinion, but the logic is hard to refute. :)

LokI
I watched the demo again and it's got enough on it. Christophe Rose and Jeff McBride would have ZERO to do with this if it wasn't groundbreaking.

So, I vote no because this is brilliant work, like FAX. I think People that bought and use FAX will get this and will be thrilled with it. Word will spread and it will be a big hit.

That's how I see this playing out. So the stubbornness in me says "It's going to be a hit, showing a performance or not, so don't".
I agree that it should be shown complete. The fact that Loki thinks it should be shown that way is good enough for me. He obviously knows he has nothing to loose And I like that , after all the ones who buy this will have to do it this way. It's also a great way to compare what is already out. And see what you like or don't like before you purchase it. One last point when shown completely you get the beauty of the effect. However this still has my interest based on what I've read from other well respected Magi.
Here's my view: I'm sure at some point in time someone will put their performance on YouTube. Now there are two options.

1) It will be brilliantly performed.
2) It will be decently performed.

We both know the latter is probably the more realistic option.

My question is this: what do you want peoples first impressions of your TNR to be? If they look it up and all they find is a video showing text and hype and then a performace video that reveals everything and isn't good, do you they will buy it? HOWEVER if a video comes up of the creator performing it FANTASTICALLY and then a bad performance, they would be more inclined to buy it (since they saw how good it could look with much rehearsal)

Just my two cents.
[quote]
On 2013-03-17 13:55, Zombie Magic wrote:
I watched the demo again and it's got enough on it. Christophe Rose and Jeff McBride would have ZERO to do with this if it wasn't groundbreaking.

So, I vote no because this is brilliant work, like FAX. I think People that bought and use FAX will get this and will be thrilled with it. Word will spread and it will be a big hit.

That's how I see this playing out. So the stubbornness in me says "It's going to be a hit, showing a performance or not, so don't".
[/quote]

I totally agree, Zombie. [i]Legacy[/i] is a beautiful piece of magic.

I feel this talk of needing to see a full performance is a moot point. As I wrote in my post to Axel above, the whole of [i]Legacy[/i] is effectively shown in the demo. I have seen it performed by LokI (via Skype) and seeing the full performance will not give any more insight as to how it is done, as [i]Legacy[/i] is an effect that I'm sure very few people, if any, could 'reverse engineer'. :)

[quote]
On 2013-03-17 14:32, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Here's my view: I'm sure at some point in time someone will put their performance on YouTube. Now there are two options.

My question is this: what do you want peoples first impressions of your TNR to be? If they look it up and all they find is a video showing text and hype and then a performace video that reveals everything and isn't good, do you they will buy it? [b]HOWEVER if a video comes up of the creator performing it FANTASTICALLY and then a bad performance, they would be more inclined to buy it (since they saw how good it could look with much rehearsal)[/b]

Just my two cents.
[/quote]

The demo does show [i]Legacy[/i] performed fantastically, and people can already see it on YouTube.

I feel that a video of the full performance would merely quell those who are sceptical.

Rich
Loki just sent me a p.m. with the link to the full demo of Legacy. Let me first say That I was correct in saying it should be shown complete. It is beautiful and baffeling at the same time. You see one card front and back as it is torn into four seperate pieces. Then restored one by one. I saw no d**** or any dirty work of any kind this was a very clean T.N.R. at the end both hands are shown empty except for the restored card to be handed out. This may take a lot of practice to pull off but the results will be magical. Based on what I've heard and now seen I would say if you are looking for a T.N.R. routine to buy I don't see how you could go wrong with this one.
Wow

that's what I can say about this:)

I just saw the full demo and I'm left with: how the fu++ is it done?
I'm pretty sure this is a winner and can't wait to do this myself, after
buying every t+r trick out there without ever using it.

if the full demo will be available to all, this will probably be a best seller!!!

good luck loki and thanks again for sharing this terrific effect with us
Wow Myself :)

Since letting a few people see the full demo, I have had a few orders placed ;)

And while that speaks volumes for the effect, I hope Murphy's is paying attention to what is happening...

When people see it full, they want it.

Plain and simple. :)

Thank you for taking the time to look at it and respond in kind :)
LokI
If anyone saw the full demo, the'd buy it. When they got the DVD, they'd learn it. Nothing I have seen/read comes close to it!
Just took a look at the full demo, and it really looks incredible. It is so open throughout the routine, without some of the awkward cover you are used to seeing. I'm not sure I could ever get it to look that smooth, but man it gives me the inspiration to try. I will likely be picking this up soon as a download...just need to get through midterms first!

Adam
I just saw the full demo as well. It definitely looks great. Because of past experience with TNRs, I KNOW he has to be hiding extra stuff.... but I have no clue where he is hiding it. His hands are constantly shown empty and the card is shown front and back many times. It's a very well choreographed routine with a great structure. LokI's work shows quite clearly.
Just watched the full demo LokI sent to me. I have to say that I was pretty stunned with what I just watched. It was beautifully done LokI. Best I have seen yet. I am going to rack my brain all night thinking about this until my purchase arrives. Thanks again. Spectacular.
Guys - this is the MOST DISAPPOINTING TNR EVER!

There! Did I scare away those only mildly curious? I hope so... ;)

I have to agree with Magic Maddy - I've seen a LOT of TnRs (I have a spreadsheet with notes on over 30 of them, in fact! LOL). LokI's routine is stunning, and it looks like it really may just fit the bill of what I've been looking for in a piece-by-piece restoration. That said, I'm interested to see how difficult this is to learn - I took a long time to learn Counterfeit Hollingworth and Torn to the level where I felt performance ready and had my additions to make it work the way I wanted (such as Torn with a business card signed on the FACE, not the back). LokI makes this look so smooth and pristine, but I'm only hoping that it is within my reach, technically.

LokI said in the beginning: "Hopefully that helps. I wanted to create a TNR that hit all the areas others have issues with other TNRs. While still keeping it magical, and not 'Surgical'." I'll be getting this to affirm it, but at first blush it certainly seems to tick all the boxes for me while yet keeping the routine magical. LokI, you've definitely routined this a LOT, put in with a lot of routining, care, confidence, etc. Probably the best piece-by-piece TnR I've seen yet. I'm looking forward to picking this up for sure.
[quote]
On 2013-03-17 21:59, sgtgrey wrote:
Did I scare away those only mildly curious? I hope so... ;)
[/quote]

HaHa! You definitely scared me for a second! :P

As for difficulty, it is definitely an answer left to each individual; but I will do my best to answer in a blanket style. :)

First off: "Mythos"
Mythos and Legacy share a technique, which I consider a new approach to TNRs.
By doing Mythos, you will get better at the hard part of Legacy. This is intentional.

As Mythos borrows from Legacy, but ends in their hand, it takes out all the extra parts, making it much simpler.
Those parts are added to Legacy to fulfill the requirements so many have voiced they wanted in a TNR.

But I of course made these, so they were never that difficult. I finalized my routining for Legacy 11 months ago. I started in October 2007.
After I was satisfied with the routine, I filmed my first demo 2 weeks later.
I then worked with it for 7 months before I made the full video you saw yesterday.

So let me put it in a perspective...
The easiest move I have ever learned was the Ri**le F***e.
The most difficult Routine I have mastered is Tabary style rope magic, but using regular chains.

So let me put them on a personal scale of 1 and 10.
In that regards Mythos is a 3.
Legacy is a 7-8.

But if I can guarantee you that by the Winter Holidays you will be able to perform the most visual TNR available, (until some new technology arrives); is it not worth the effort? (I know the answer ;) )
It was worth it to me to just think about for 5 years! ;)

I love that you guys think I make it look so smooth, Thank You!

But I make a sincere point on the DVD that I expect to see many doing it better than I can. Truth.
I even included extra types of visual restoration choices, and one is too difficult for me to do well.
I've done it twice convincingly. And it is amazing. But it is just out of my depth.
But I included it. Because I know many people are better at sleight of hand than I am.

(Kind of like making an IQ test when you are not the smartest in the world ;) It works, but one with more skill can take it farther.)

I saw the subtle jabs on the FAX thread that I created what I did so I wouldn't have to have good Sleight-of-Hand.
I took notice.
And I truly hoped that people would see I do have some "chops" ;)

But not THAT much :P

So long story short, I don't think it is that difficult.
I have 6 years of constant study in sleight of hand.
Most of you have 10-20+.

You will most likely make it look better than I can.
And Mythos... Well Mythos is going to wreck spectators right off the first viewing.
So you will have something remarkably fun to perform, while you work on Legacy.

I hate to get something new, have to wait on this or that, and get no immediate enjoyment.
So I made sure to keep that experience alive.

The response has been more than I could ever expect, you guys are awesome!
I am working on making the full video available.
The response to it has been most encouraging. :)

Thank you all, and I hope that answers any questions until I get a response to my inquiry about the video.

Your Friend in Magic,
LokI
Consumers are King.

I humbly present to you all...

The Legacy Full Performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbyThTtbvDk

It is an honor to share this with all of you,
LokI
It's such a good effect, LokI. A beautiful piece of magic.

I love the way you're putting out two effects, one of which can be more quickly mastered and which helps in the learning of the other!

Hopefully now, with this full performance video, the sceptics will be satisfied :)

Rich
Great routine!
Michael
Beautiful routine Loki - you shared a video of this with me some months ago and the way this T&R looks visually is just off the hook!

All I can say is... wow :)
I'm happy to say that this is listed as a DOWNLOAD right now at MJM Magic. The DVD is still not released yet, so for those of you who want to get your hands on it, a download may be the way to go.

Hats off to Loki for the great new release:
[url]http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/a-taste-of-chaos-by-loki-kross-download-p-15863.html[/url]

I will try to post an official review of the item shortly.
Is this a true download, or is just a streaming video?

I have not found a way to download it to my computer. On the player there is a link to download the video, but when clicked, all it does is close the video that is playing.

Thanks
Phil
[quote]
On 2013-03-18 19:39, Merlin wrote:
Is this a true download, or is just a streaming video?

I have not found a way to download it to my computer. On the player there is a link to download the video, but when clicked, all it does is close the video that is playing.

Thanks
Phil
[/quote]

It's both. You can stream it (without downloading it) and it will play in your browser. Or if you prefer to save the files to your computer, there is the option below the video player to Download it, and then you can watch it offline.

In your case Phil, the video is actually finishing the watermark process. You should have access to download it very shortly (it's 70% done as we speak).
You can also get the download st Dave's Killer Magic Shop. Download it here:

http://www.killermagicshop.com/A-Taste-of-Chaos-by-Loki-Kross--DOWNLOAD_p_11191.html

You can stream it and download a watermark copy which takes time to watermark with your name.

Dave
In case anyone is interested, I just did a pretty in-depth and honest review on this DVD:
[url]http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=504680&forum=111&0[/url]
Really super review by Jeff!!!
[i]Legacy[/i] - visual; [i]Mythos[/i] - inspirational! Sounds really good!!

I'm really encouraged that the cons Jeff describes about [i]Legacy[/i] are just personal opinions on the instruction, camera work, etc. - nothing negative about the effect itself :)

And the only 'con' he mentions about [i]Mythos[/i] is that it, in his opinion, it is better performed seated (although he says that isn't a requirement) :)

Thank you Jeff for giving us your thoughts and opinions.

I'll definitely be getting this on DVD come 25th!

(BTW, great names for the effects, LokI :))

Rich
[quote]
[i]Legacy[/i] - visual; [i]Mythos[/i] - inspirational! Sounds really good!!

I'm really encouraged that the cons Jeff describes about [i]Legacy[/i] are just personal opinions on the instruction, camera work, etc. - nothing negative about the effect itself :)[/quote]

Hi Rich - I'm glad you liked [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=504680&forum=111&5&start=0]my review of this effect![/url] If you want a TNR where you start clean, and you end clean, with no pre-setup work, then this is the one for you. However, because of those positive points, it means the effect will be a little harder to pull off than other "gimmicked" TNR effects on the market. Even Loki mentions that it took him months of practice before he got this down really, really good. And believe me, if you can do this with your eyes closed, it's going to fry people. Just keep in mind that you're going to watch the DVD over and over and over again, trying to pick up everything Loki is saying, and then practicing it just as many times until it becomes second nature.

There's a few times when Loki is explaining Legacy and he will say, "First you do THIS, and then you do THIS OTHER THING with your fingers....." but the camera is so far away from the hands, I can't see what he's talking about. However, in most (or dare I say ALL) of those situations, he ends up cutting to a different angle after the fact, and going over it again. I just wish I didn't have those moments of fleeting fear that I was going to miss something and never know how to do it. :)

[quote]
And the only 'con' he mentions about [i]Mythos[/i] is that it, in his opinion, it is better performed seated (although he says that isn't a requirement) :)
[/quote]

If you like STORIES, Mythos is for you. It's not a crazy, visual eye-candy effect like Legacy. With Legacy, I can imagine people yelling, "NO WAY!!!" or "WHOAAA, did you SEE THAT?" to all their buddies when you perform it, and then hand the card back to them.

However, with Mythos, it's a much more personal experience. They will still be left scratching their heads, but if you hype up the story correctly, they will walk away thinking about Mythos and probably remember it a lot longer. Mythos feels less like a magic trick, and more like something amazing just happened here.

Because of that, I think it's better suited for a sit down performance. All the performances of Mythos on the DVD/Download have been sit down. Since it's a more personal, storyteller experience, I think the sit-down setting is suited better for that. You also use the CARD BOX for this one (it's actually incoporated into the story so you wouldn't just put it into your pocket like normal walkaround settings), so there is much more "in play" with Mythos. However, there isn't any real reason that you couldn't stand up and have a spectator hold the box instead of setting it on a table.

[quote]
Thank you Jeff for giving us your thoughts and opinions.

I'll definitely be getting this on DVD come 25th!
Rich
[/quote]

Glad I could help, Rich!
Looking good LokI brother. Congrats!
I've just finished watching all the way through - Jeff gave a very honest review, imo.

Legacy - If you're looking for an easy piece-by-piece tnr - "this is not the tnr you are looking for. Move along..." However, this really is a great method for the tnr and one of the most visual and beautiful TnRs I’ve seen. Let me say that in my experience of TnRs, there wasn't much that was drastically new to me here, but each part has been improved incrementally in the right direction and is a wonderful mix of methods all in one tnr. In addition, the whole routine is extremely well thought out and it is clear LokI has spent considerable time working this effect.

The biggest downside for me (aside from what looks like a serious time investment) is that I currently like to use my signed business card for the visual piece-by-piece tnr, and Legacy's method will not work as well for me in that situation. However, if I do use playing cards for a piece-by-piece TnR, I should be honest with myself in saying that LokI’s method is probably superior in effect, albeit more difficult to learn, and I should give myself the time to learn it.

In regards to an impromptu claim: Mythos is as impromptu as it gets, and amazing. As for Legacy, there’s no pre-fold, gimmick or anything of that nature, which makes this very easy to get into, but it isn’t as impromptu as Mythos if you want to take Legacy to its fullest potential.

Some other notes I had about Legacy:
-Impromptu? (See above)
-Card fully restored? Yes
-Piece by piece? Yes
-Cover card? No
-Card is signed? Yes
-Free signature placement on the card? Possibly, but not ideal
-Signature showing? Yes
-Front and back shown at each phase? You can, but you don’t have to. IMO, showing it at every phase is over-proving, but LokI goes over this as well in a detailed manner.
-Switching? All I’ll say is that you end very much like similar TnR effects, but LokI has a very ingenious solution for the last piece and end of the routine. Even if you do another TnR, you may learn some clever ideas here.
-Visual? The most visual I’ve seen – and the impressive part here is that unlike Torn or others, the visual nature of the magical restorations doesn’t diminish at each stage.
-Difficultly? As a comparison, Hollingworth’s TnR is a 10 for difficulty, Torn is probably a 6, and Legacy is nicely in between at an 8.

Here’s the thing, though. If you’ve read this far, bravo – Mythos is, the real gem here. Mythos is a really strong TnR in the spectators hands that is 100% impromptu – borrowed, sealed deck if you want (you could even have it shuffled) – all you need is a deck of cards in a box and a sharpie to write on the cards. This is not an effect – this is a full-blown performance piece that connects in a very real, emotional way with your spectator. This is NOT about performing a trick – this is truly about building a memorable moment in the MIND of a spectator, and LokI, I can’t believe you let this go so easily! This is a case where “visual” really takes a backseat to a more powerful, effective piece of magic that happens in the spectator’s hands. You show them four separate pieces that they KNOW are their card. You put those pieces in their hand, and they can almost FEEL it restore. I want to share more, but I just don’t have the heart to – just check it out for yourself! (/endexcitedrant)

Mythos isn’t something you’ll learn immediately, but it is my favorite part of the project, definitely within everyone’s reach at about a 4 on the difficultly scale, and definitely worth your time to learn. The really neat thing is – if you can get Mythos down to a performable level, you’ve done the harder part of Legacy already, making it that much more accessible to learn.

Overall, I have been disappointed by many piece-by-piece TnRs in the past that promise breaking new ground, yet fall short of my needs or expectations. Legacy does not fall short – it was indeed what I thought it would and could be, and I’m excited to see a routine like this put together. However, imo, the real gem here is Mythos.
Thank you for the reviews guys!

You are awesome!

I truly appreciate all of your interest/support in my new project.

Thank You,
LokI
I have ordered the dvd version, just one question, can legacy be performed up close as noticed in the demo the effect seemed a long way from the camera so could not really see the restorations
Any idea as to when the dvd version will be shipped to murphys?
Hi Daren!

Yes, Legacy can be performed close-up, in a group setting, at a nightclub stage, et cetera. (So 2 feet to 15?)

And I have "successfully" performed it surrounded. I quoted successfully because no one behind me said anything ;) (I do not suggest it. Lol. But I saw it mentioned in the review).
I think it fell more under "dual reality". They could see what was going on, as opposed to those I was performing for, but it probably seemed like a really intense puzzle working itself out.
(I only say this because there is a point in each phase where, technically, you could be surrounded. It is when you show everything. But from behind; that moment is just that, a moment. So I think the people behind me always see it as another effect. But this only happened when I tested it on the Strip.)

The full performance was filmed at Le Chateau Magique, on the private stage.
The cameraman was 5-6 feet away.

As for the restorations. Are you watching the Yellow demo, on an iPhone? (This has happened).
If you watch the full performance, it should be very easy to see the restorations. (As I humbly believe that is the part people seem to really like. And the structure).

Thank you for your order!
They have them at Murphy's, they plan to ship the physical copies Monday.

I hope that answered your questions, and thanks again.
LokI
Yes that's great, looking forward to this thanks for sharing? what is the exact effect of mythos, it appears from what I have seen from the demo is there a transposition happening also aswell as a restoration?
Mythos is special ;)
I do not want to give too much away.

But I doubt highly that you will be disappointed.

And to answer Sgt's question as to why I would release it... Why not? ;)

Seriously, I knew Legacy was just as demanding as any TNR out there. So I wanted to not only give a "bonus", but something that is truly special to my shows.
Something that can be learned pretty quickly, and put to good use. Therefore adding value to the purchase throughout its lifespan in your repertoire.

Another reason why I believe it is a good addition, is because it gives you training wheels for Legacy, and as such, I am keeping the whole routine a secret. It is worth it.

As far as having to view it many times. That is not a bad thing.
I had to watch the "Hallucination" explanation on David Stone's Real Secrets DVD on "A-B Repeat" for 2 days before I could even mimic it.
And it was totally worth it. :)

LokI
[quote]
On 2013-03-20 16:18, lokikross wrote:
As far as having to view it many times. That is not a bad thing.
[/quote]

I am of course, referring to the Legacy teaching, as Mythos is incredibly simple.
[quote]
On 2013-03-20 16:18, lokikross wrote:
Mythos is special ;)
I do not want to give too much away.

[/quote]

THANK YOU for that.

We have two camps of Magicians, so I "think" that's why LokI put two very different tricks on the DVD. Some are interested in the illusion of a beautiful T&R. Others are attempting to connect with an audience on a deeper/emotional level.

I wasn't that interested in the T&R, but got the DVD because after FAX, I just wanted to see what he was bringing to the creative party. Legacy lives up to the hype. But it's Mythos that gobsmacked me ( and from what I can tell, Mr. McBride also ).

Some will use equivoque in a routine as a prediction ( cool stuff ). Some will use it as mentalism theater to bring out an emotion.

Horses for courses. My horse happens to be named Mythos.
II've been chatting with a couple guys that have download and apparently it doesn't have chapters. I PM'd LokI to ask why people were saying the download doesn't have chapters and he told me it's because Murphy's ripped it straight from the disc. It seems LokI didn't expect it to be a download.

I'm lost on the technical stuff and love downloads, but I'd go with the DVD because it's separated by chapters on the menu. I'm an old "album" guy and miss the great artwork from those days. For those that are into that sort of thing, Chaos has a really nice looking box and DVD for we collectors.

More benefits of the DVD over the download:

If you want to just learn Mythos, you watch "Mythos Tutorial". If you want to watch LokI talk about his effect, there is a button for that. The same if you just want to watch McBride give his discussion ( one of my personal favorite parts ).

On the disc the titles are on the menu. I know myself, when I click on "Mythos private performance" I don't want to see the title again. I know what I clicked. lol.

It's a great DVD with Mythos being my favorite because I like mentalism themed magic. But for straight T&R fans, you've got Legacy ( the best T&R I've ever seen ).

Zombie
Shops have the physical product now:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15228
Thanks for keeping this thread going Zombie! lol.

The DVD is available everywhere :)

And I did take a lot of effort putting my own "style" into this one.
I knew it was a big undertaking, but I had to.

If I had taken this particular release to a production house, then the cost to you guys would have been 50$.

And while I understand that some want to keep things "exclusive", by making them high-priced ,(I got this a lot on FAX).
I am a creator and performer who wants to make my ideas accessible.

(Trust me, the expensive ones will come soon enough ;) )

I haven't heard much feedback on here, (which is probably a good thing, lol).

But I would like to hear thoughts.
Any questions?
Anyone stuck on anything?

I have helped a couple of magi over Skype, whom have had difficulties with Legacy.
It was easily covered.

As has been mentioned, I do go over things in this a lot. :)
I wanted to make sure everyone can follow it. (And I feel confident that I did.)

Let me know if you guys need anything,
LokI
I like the "Mythos Horse" BTW :)
I also wanted to note that in different reviews, people say Legacy is impromptu, some don't.

This is info that is covered in the "pro-tips" sections. It is also why Chris and I added those.
Un-edited, un-filtered thoughts from pros who work these effects.

I thought: "It is better to have, and not want; then to want, and not have."

As I sometimes watch products, and think, "I wish they had covered this part more, or added some of the esoterics."

But I just watched "Booked" by Steve Valentine.
He goes over the same thing 10 different ways. I had come up with the "HC handling" before he even got to it.
When he did, an hour later, I was thrilled he added it.

And although I was very tired at the end of the DVD. I appreciated all the effort he gave.
I felt that I did not need to "add" anything to his work. He covered it so extensively.

What are your thoughts on 30 minutes to an hour of extra ideas? I think it is nice. I may not watch them always. But I like the option.

LokI Asks
Bravo to Loki for making this available as a download.
[quote]
On 2013-03-26 16:17, pegasus wrote:
Bravo to Loki for making this available as a download.
[/quote]

Hey Thanks pegasus. :)

It was a decision I have wrangled with since.
I am glad you approve!

LokI
I'll take a stab at answering the question about the chat sessions, LokI. You know my thoughts already on the impromptu nature of the effects, anyway... ;)

Personally, I like it when this information is included, but kept separate, from the effect. I want to be able to dissect the teaching of the mechanics of an effect until I get them down. However, I want to also be able to understand the history, inspiration, finer points, tips, etc. that come from such a discussion. I feel that without such discussion it can be hard to learn an effect well because you are missing crucial experiences and information from the path dependent process that the creator took to get to the point of the effect release. By having these discussions, you can hopefully cover that ground quickly and "bring people up to speed" on the effect. I do think, however, it is nice that you kept it separate and after the effect explanation as it gives you time to digest the mechanics, etc. before learning about the "why it works" and the history, etc. Hopefully this makes sense...
Thanks sgtgrey!

Your comments are always lucid, and well appreciated :)

LokI
One of THE best reviewers in magic, Wayne Kawamoto, put up his review of A Taste Of Chaos:

http://magic.about.com/od/reviewscards/fr/Review-Taste-Of-Chaos-Loki-Kross.htm

"Taste of Chaos" was a refreshing surprise that has restored my interest in the genre. There are indeed some great ideas at play and it's brilliantly executed"
I bought FAX and thought it a brilliant advancement on a signed card effect, needing no gimmicks. I wondered if LokI could keep up the standard of creativity, so invested in the download. Well for me this guy has set another milestone. No gimmicks just very clever handling. What is taunted as the second easier handling, Mythos, is just fantastic with both technique and story-line, I'll be putting in the time to have this available to perform at the standard shown. With the skill taught on the FAX DVD and this new Taste of Chaos some absolutely incredible no gimmick magic is at your finger tips, and all very very achievable even for bumbling average Joe's like me.
Thanks for sharing the review Zombie!

And I'm glad you took a chance on me takeachance!

As those of you have probably noticed, like takeachance has; all of my current releases work off of each other in some way.

This is because I make sure to put effects together, in my acts, that logically flow from one to another. And if I can utilize one effects method to improve upon the next effect, I will! :)

I will be hosting a creator's spotlight here in a couple of weeks.
It will be there where I explain how my 3 current releases, (SIGIL still has a couple weeks to go), worked together to be a 10-15 minute act I use to get gigs booked.
And you only have to have a deck of cards, sharpie, and your business card. (SIGIL is the ice-breaker).

You leave them with impossible memories and 2 solid souvenirs that will have them wanting to book you.

(I will get into this more in the spotlight. I have been waiting a few months to have everything out there so I could show how they inter-connect. Some of you will obviously see those connections yourself :) )

So I am thrilled that you noticed how this collection is all about the interaction, and impossible moments with little prep, takeachance! :)

You never know when you put these big projects together, how people will respond.

I am humbled :)

LokI
It's also a FANTASTIC experience ordering direct from LokI. You get a great price and he ships THE SAME DAY!
I believe the service is just as important as the product.
If you give terrible service, no one will care when you drop the next "grail".

If you give great service, (or try to), then people are more willing to invest time/money into your work when you decide to do something "un-heard of", "Different", or "new".

And if you consistently deliver on THAT, as well, the world is your Chop-cup. ;)

Thank you for the kind words!

LokI
I'm sure we all frequently experience the curse of the magician - we are disappointed when we see a "miracle disproved" (to quote Jonathan Creek). I regularly feel that way when seeing the secret of an effect; often compounded by the fact that, while the effect looked very convincing on a video demo, it wasn't suitable for real-life close up work (with issues such as complicated gadgets, impossibly akward holdouts, angle issuses, etc).

Therefore I have been conditioned to expect the worst when seeing how an effect works for the first time. Even though I am a big fan of LokI's [i]Fax[/i] (and didn't suffer such disappointment), I was still apprehensive when putting the [i]A Taste of Chaos[/i] DVD into my computer. Watching the demo and having seen LokI perform the effects live for me over Skype, [i]Legacy[/i] looked the epitome of the TnR and [i]Mythos[/i] seemed such a great combination of effects which included a seemingly impossible TnR. I am so happy to say that my fears were totally unfounded! The methods used are very clever and, rather than any diappointment, I was watching the DVD itching to get practising!

[i]Legacy[/i] IS the epitome of the TnR, and [i]Mythos[/i] IS a great combination of effects with a wonderful thread which will draw the spectator in and keep them captivated until the magic happens in their own hands :) Both are very clever effects, with [i]Mythos[/i] including training for [i]Legacy[/i] as well as being a very good routine in its own right.

Having read what LokI had to say regarding the DVD vs download, I am extremely pleased that I waited for the DVD. It is very professionally produced, contains excellent training and tips, and has a good menu. With the exception of the performance of [i]Legacy[/i] (which is only a couple of minutes long), each of the sections on the menus is further segmented, making it very easy to navigate to, or repeat, a certain section of the DVD. I really like the way the effects are organised on it, with [i]Legacy[/i] first and [i]Mythos[/i] second (which is very good from a training point of view). The performances are followed by the explanations, with tips and conversations left until after the effects have been explained.

It is true what other people have said - [i]Legacy[/i] will require a lot of practice, but the hours required will leave you with a miracle once you have it perfected and, while [i]Mythos[/i] isn't as difficult to perform, it is a lovely piece of magic which I'm sure spectators will remember for a long time.

I could go on and on extolling the virtues of [i]A Taste of Chaos[/i]. Suffice it to say that it is equal in quality to [i]Fax[/i] (both in terms of effect and production), is something I am committed to perfecting and, once perfected, regularly performing. LokI has done it again! :)

Rich
[quote]
On 2013-03-29 16:10, lokikross wrote:
I believe the service is just as important as the product.
If you give terrible service, no one will care when you drop the next "grail".

If you give great service, (or try to), then people are more willing to invest time/money into your work when you decide to do something "un-heard of", "Different", or "new".

And if you consistently deliver on THAT, as well, the world is your Chop-cup. ;)

Thank you for the kind words!

LokI
[/quote]

Loki, he knows how to "service" his customers ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad this is being so well received.
Now that the complete routine of MYTHOS has been tipped off in reviews, I will share with you the original demo, with the MYTHOS footage. (For any that are still curious ;) )

"A Taste of Chaos" by LokI Kross DIRECTORS CUT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpTy3BChg84

Thank you for playing,
LokI
LokI has a contest going on:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=511183&forum=327&0

1) 200$ in magic at Murphy's
2) Any release I have on market, that you do not own.
3) And my favorite give away, A Stranger and Stranger Ultimate deck.
Has anyone entered the contest?

ATOC has gotten great reviews:

"Loki Kross has reworked an old idea with good results... 05/31/2013 Peter Duffie

"the two effects are really good and really clean... I liked them and you will too." 05/01/2013 David Oliver

"Taste of Chaos" was a refreshing surprise that has restored my interest in the genre. There are indeed some great ideas at play and it's brilliantly executed. 05/01/2013Wayne Kawamoto
Finally had the computing power to resize the demo vid :)

"Legacy" Close-Up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63wggl7-M28

(Supposed to be 1080p, but sticks at 720p)

And finally a live performance of "Mythos" with Jeff McBride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9P7I6Hzgys

(720p)

(Dealers, you may want to use the new "Legacy" cut :) )

Thanks Everyone!
LokI
[quote]
On 2013-03-17 14:32, Magic.Maddy wrote:

My question is this: what do you want peoples first impressions of your TNR to be? If they look it up and all they find is a video showing text and hype and then a performace video that reveals everything and isn't good, do you they will buy it? HOWEVER if a video comes up of the creator performing it FANTASTICALLY and then a bad performance, they would be more inclined to buy it (since they saw how good it could look with much rehearsal)

Just my two cents.
[/quote]

I was remembering this was almost 7 months, (to be exact), and yet; I have not seen one performance of "Legacy", good or bad.
I had a "feeling" though when everyone kept saying it was difficult.

L
And about a year later...

I have a performance up! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3pgCECR8g
Great progress Matt!

I'm glad to see you are putting in the effort. :)

Soon enough, you will have a real killer there.

Finally a performance!

That's dedication guys.
L
I have down Loki and it looks great I will try to post a video matts looks good it did take a lot of work I cannot count how many decks I went through to get but all I can say is it was worth every bit of time that I put into it. One thing I had to change was having it signed. Practiced a lot showing my girl friend she could never see the switch happen but could always tell that it wasn't her signed card so I started just having them initial the card and then I could freely have the signed card go right by them.
That's great Tricster!

I'd love to check it out sometime.

L
And thank you for the kind words :)

It takes work, but I believe the pay off is special.
It really gets great reactions.

I have cleaned up the 2-3 phase a bit, and took out the 2 move twist.

I will film an update to just that sequence, and post it here soon.

It shouldn't give too much away, or we can take it downstairs, PM, etc.

:)

L