(Close Window)
Topic: Email address.
I had to use my great uncle's email account to get on here. It would be nice if now that I have an account I could switch emails to my hotmail account. I'm afraid if my cookies get deleted I won't be able to log back on.
Free server email accounts like hotmail, gmail and yahoo are not allowed to be used on the Café.
What are the alternatives if that is all you have? ie only a yahoo account? I was asked by somone who cannot join for that reason. Is there a listing of email providers one can use free and still join as a member?
Free means any free provider. Typically yahoo, hotmail and gmail. AOL is restricted for other reasons.

Mormo, your cookies are deleted everytime you log off. Logging back in with your username and password resestablishes the cookie. It has nothing to do with your email address.
I joined with a jump address. That's a free provider, so what's the difference? I don't even use the jump address anymore, I use gmail. So, I don't get it. Help me understand.
*juno* not "jump" haha...thanks incorrect!!
The difference is that in order for a server to be blocked, we have to program it into our system. You were lucky that Juno has not been so identified.

The only time an email address is used by the Café is if you lose your password. Other than that, you can have any email address you want for your personal business.
Dave, Exactly my point. WHY is Juno okay, and gmail is not? I think gmail is infinitely more secure than Juno. But, I'm not a programmer or brainy enough to understand that stuff anyway. This site does a great job, and I'd rather they be TOO selective than not enough! Blessings to ya.
Everyone knows that hotmail, gmail and yahoo are free but not everyone knows about Juno. The free server ban has to be added to our programming and Juno was probably never in the mix.