(Close Window)
Topic: Nest of Wallets w/ Sealed Envelope
Hello,

This is our new video

[url=http://youtu.be/5T5hzGu80MI]Nest of Wallets w/ Sealed Envelope[/url]

All comments are welcome :)
This looks good. What kind of envelopes did you use?
I made the envelope myself
Which wallet set was that?
This is Deluxe Nest of Wallets by Nick Einhorn but instead of using a cloth, I use an envelope that I made myself. :)
Very interesting concept. Different! And isn't that what all of us are seeking?
I really did like the envelope.... Since I havent found a nice cloth I would love to learn to make these.
[quote]
On 2013-03-13 14:00, Stephon Johnson wrote:
Very interesting concept. Different! And isn't that what all of us are seeking?
[/quote]

Thank you Stephon Johnson for the compliment! :)

[quote]
On 2013-03-13 15:54, paisa23 wrote:
I really did like the envelope.... Since I havent found a nice cloth I would love to learn to make these.
[/quote]

Hi paisa23, I just found out that Alakazam sell envelope for Nest of Wallets, the envelope it's different from mine but I think maybe it's using same concept for the envelope (I didn't know exactly because I didn't own these) so I don't want to interrupt their market.
But if you want maybe we can try to talk about it through PM :)
Red that would be awesome if you could PM me with more help. Or email paisa23@gmail.com
[quote]
On 2013-03-15 10:30, paisa23 wrote:
Red that would be awesome if you could PM me with more help. Or email paisa23@gmail.com
[/quote]

Sent :)
That was a fantastic use of he wallets. The sealed envelop adds to the impossibility of the wallets. Thanks for posting the video.
Hi whiteoakcanyon,
Glad to hear that you like the sealed envelope.
When I use sealed envelope, the reaction that I got is more than using cloth. :)
Havent had a chance to play around with my email but thank you very much for it.
You're welcome paisa23 :)
Hi Guys

redspadesmagic nice job of the envelopes, looking at the video I would say your probably on the same wave length with them on the method that I was when I made the Deluxe envelopes.

And thank you so much for making everyone aware of the Alakazam envelopes should people not want to make them themselves. I really do appreciate it.

The Deluxe Envelopes are available in packs of 50 in red, black and also with windows.

The Link below will take you to the Black ones
http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Deluxe-Envelopes-Black-By-John-Morton.html

Thanks again

John Morton
Pretty neat! Reminds me of the old Adams Coin Box yet but with wallets. I like very much...
I notice in the clip, a coin is used. Are these envelopes intended specifically for the coin routine - or can they accommodate a ring as well?
[quote]
On 2013-04-17 08:38, themagicbluecat wrote:
Hi Guys

redspadesmagic nice job of the envelopes, looking at the video I would say your probably on the same wave length with them on the method that I was when I made the Deluxe envelopes.

And thank you so much for making everyone aware of the Alakazam envelopes should people not want to make them themselves. I really do appreciate it.

The Deluxe Envelopes are available in packs of 50 in red, black and also with windows.

The Link below will take you to the Black ones
http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Deluxe-Envelopes-Black-By-John-Morton.html

Thanks again

John Morton
[/quote]

Hi! Your welcome John Morton. This Café is magician helping magician forums.
I had see your deluxe envelope on the video, it was great :)

[quote]
On 2013-04-17 11:24, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Pretty neat! Reminds me of the old Adams Coin Box yet but with wallets. I like very much...
[/quote]

Thank you Christopher Lyle!

[quote]
On 2013-04-17 11:25, Danny Diamond wrote:
I notice in the clip, a coin is used. Are these envelopes intended specifically for the coin routine - or can they accommodate a ring as well?
[/quote]

Danny Diamond, with the envelope you can use a ring or any other small object that will fit in the envelope. :)
Much better with the envelope, makes it more imposible.
Wow ! Looks fantastic
So,I will assume that a crafty fellow like myself will figure out the placement and operation of these? or are instructions available? I have looked at my nest over and over and can't quite get it.I realize that it is a self sealing envelope but do you seal the small flap during insertion or as the envelope is removed?
Thank you george1953 & louisk.

donquixote, maybe we can try to talk about it through PM. :)
Cool stuff thanx for sharing
You're welcome sylmagic :)
Redspadesmagic,

I question the ethics of your practices on the Café. I bit the hook, I sent a pm requesting help for making envelopes. What do I get in reply? An email soliciting donations for his .pdf solution for making envelopes. There was strange, broken English justification for such practices, and a quiz of Magic Café trivia was asked too (to verify that I am a magician I guess). That is not what this site is for.

Needless to say, I purchased some envelopes with the window from a local magic shop. Not impressed with the glue issues. Envelope sticks to flap. If anyone has a good solution they will share to HELP a fellow magician, a pm is appreciated. No solicitations.
[quote]
On 2013-04-30 12:02, donquixote wrote:
So,I will assume that a crafty fellow like myself will figure out the placement and operation of these? or are instructions available? I have looked at my nest over and over and can't quite get it.I realize that it is a self sealing envelope but do you seal the small flap during insertion or as the envelope is removed?
[/quote]

The ones you buy through a magic vendor have printed instructions. However, I find some issues regarding stickiness.
Very smart
I was looking and searching how I could reproduce the little bag closed with a twisted elastic that was the nicest part of the old "plates" trick
Your envelopes are easy to make from actual envelopes with a pair of scissors, some regular glue and some post-it note type of glue.
Now if you are a detail freak (a I am) take from the internet, the image of a precious coin and print it from your computer on several places of your A4 paper sheet (also with the template of your envelope in light grey) and make envelopes with a nice coin photograph on the face of it... or a tiny photograph of yourself, name and mobile phone number as an ad.

Now one thing for redspadesmagic: you brought a great improvement to the ending of this effect... so improve the first part of your presentation as well (the borrowing of the coin and the marking of it). You obviously have more than the imagination required for that. At least add some enthusiasm and energy in your presentation...

An idea could be to borrow a coin after its date being noticed. Spellbound the borrowed coin (once only) for a historical gold coin (there are perfect replicas of a 50$ Indian Head available for less than 10$) have the "gold coin marked with whatever war paints that the spectator wants and ask him to sign on the other side his piece of art in Andy Warhole's style. Perform the effect and ask him to open delicately the envelope and give you what's inside. Spellbound the gold coin for the borroed one and tell the spectator to place it back in the envelope waiting for it to return to its gold condition...

Thank you for sharing anyways
Very clever ideal!!!
I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but these envelopes are so expensive. I would love to learn of an alternative or how to make my own envelopes. I have actually used a simple 2x2 coin envelope with the flap folded the same as the wallets, which looks pretty good, but you can't hand it out sealed that way.
[quote]On Apr 3, 2016, Race Blakhart wrote:
I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but these envelopes are so expensive. I would love to learn of an alternative or how to make my own envelopes. I have actually used a simple 2x2 coin envelope with the flap folded the same as the wallets, which looks pretty good, but you can't hand it out sealed that way. [/quote]

Just use a small ziplock bag.
The reset is very easy.
[quote]On Apr 3, 2016, otreboR wrote:
[quote]On Apr 3, 2016, Race Blakhart wrote:
I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but these envelopes are so expensive. I would love to learn of an alternative or how to make my own envelopes. I have actually used a simple 2x2 coin envelope with the flap folded the same as the wallets, which looks pretty good, but you can't hand it out sealed that way. [/quote]

Just use a small ziplock bag.
The reset is very easy. [/quote]

This :-)
I find the Envelopes tend to tear during the loading of a coin. I find it better to use the cloth instead