(Close Window)
Topic: Unleashed by Gregory Wilson
Looks like Greg will be releasing a new effect in about a week:

http://gregorywilsonfx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=25

Anyone have the inside scoop?
Newb2, you out scooped everyone! I have never heard of this.
It was advertised in the latest issue of Magic Magazine.
He had some of these at Blackpool, the only downside for me was that I think you have to be wearing a tee shirt but it did look pretty good.
This has been out for a while. I picked one up at FISM last year. It is very good...I think there is an online trailer somewhere, if I find it I'll post it.
He showed this during his Penguin lecture about a year ago. Nice concept.
Sorry if this is obvious, but can this be worn full time, so you have it to perform anytime, anywhere?

I wonder if you can get the tag engraved? There's this really old book called Practical Mental Effects. I'm sure there is something in it that can be applied to the tag(s);-)
I saw Greg do this at one of his uk lectures last week and yes, you can wear this all day and be ready to go...
I was Greg's volunteer for the performance of this effect at his lecture last night. It's excellent and as the spectator I can tell you that the moment the dog tag penetrates through the t-shirt feels weird (in a good way)! It would be very memorable for a spectator. Just be mindful that you have to be wearing a t-shirt or thin sŵeater to be able to do this. It doesn't work well with button up shirts. As something that you would wear all the time so you are ready to perform an impromptu miracle this is excellent!
No video?
Demo is up: http://tinyurl.com/bcbm4le
An actual performance would have been nice. But...it' s Greg, so it will be great.
[quote]
On 2013-05-15 17:38, Zombie Magic wrote:
An actual performance would have been nice. But...it' s Greg, so it will be great.
[/quote]

He does the effect right at the end of the demo ;)
Tuppence sir...tuppence (rattling my tin cup on a street corner begging for "Unleashed" money :))

Yet another "I have to have this" item from Greg Wilson.

Ditto what Zombie said: "...it's Greg, so it will be great".
Is it available from other web shops ?
Shipping is too expensive to Canada.
This is a weird question
but I am allergic (get rash) when wearing nickle plated or steel (non stainless steel) jewlery

Is this the case with unleashed?
Sort of reminds me of something I saw in the True Astonishment set just with different objects. :)
Any reviews?
[quote]
On 2013-05-16 12:23, VMagical wrote:
Sort of reminds me of something I saw in the True Astonishment set just with different objects. :)
[/quote]

Its similar to Belly Button, but more practical and less intrusive
I can not see the video???
Magicjoe, are you viewing on a mobile device. I could not see the video on my iPad but it worked fine on my laptop.
This is out now at Penguin. Looks really good. Wanting this for sure.
My orders in! I already know it will be amazing...review to follow.
Penguin has it in:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3587

[img]http://images.penguinmagic.com/images/magitars/gregory_wilson.png[/img]
Almost put my order in ... but the foreign shipping deal has ended :( hopefully a European supplier will pick this up soon.
Can anyone who has this please comment if it can work if one is wearing a golf-style shirt over a t-shirt? Thanks.
Looks pretty cool! If it's Greg, you know it's gotta be great.
[quote]
On 2013-06-27 17:29, Zombie Magic wrote:
Penguin has it in:

[img]http://images.penguinmagic.com/images/magitars/gregory_wilson.png[/img]
[/quote]

Got an email today from them announcing it. Thought it was a new release. :kewl:
Sorry but what am I ment to be watching? ,he was on side view and I really did not see what was happerning?,not a clear and concise vidio to me,what I did see and the concept sounds good.
I can't really see, too. It would be great to have another video.
Kannon, Penguin is now offering free shipping worldwide on unleashed. Problem solved ;)
Available at Penguin Magic

I have to guess that a straight on view might be too revealing for magicians watching. But it appears to be really shocking the spectators!

Jim
Acar, thanks for the free shipping! That really tips the scales in so many cases.
[quote]
On 2013-06-28 18:07, J-Mac wrote:
I have to guess that a straight on view might be too revealing for magicians watching. But it appears to be really shocking the spectators!

Jim
[/quote]

Yes, kind of "obvious" for magician but hey, we perform for layments so it's only their reactions which count !
J-Mac, a straight on view of the effect shows you nothing. It looks just like it did on the video. Greg did this on me during his recent lecture tour and the effect is stunning. I felt like those guys on the video. I'm not easily fooled these days but this got me and it was tremendous. I will be buying this for sure.
Martino, THANK YOU for the eye-ball witness observation on this trick!
Are you sure it doesn't show anything ? At 1'06 ?
[quote]
On 2013-06-29 07:16, Alex DLF wrote:
Are you sure it doesn't show anything ? At 1'06 ?
[/quote]

WTF??? This is the reason we get cut up demos that don't show anything. Who can blame creators when we get comments like this.
Errr.. I just wanted to say that we can see kind of the routine, not the working of it, just how the routine goes.. At 1'06, you can see the effect ! (Not see how it works, I didn't say that)
[quote]
On 2013-06-28 16:05, Acar wrote:
Kannon, Penguin is now offering free shipping worldwide on unleashed. Problem solved ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Acar :)

Ordered it ;)
[quote]
On 2013-06-29 07:37, Alex DLF wrote:
Errr.. I just wanted to say that we can see kind of the routine, not the working of it, just how the routine goes.. At 1'06, you can see the effect ! (Not see how it works, I didn't say that)
[/quote]

Apologies dude. I see a lot of that and I bit too quickly. My bad.
No, I just have to "speak" better :/ Don't worry ;)
This looks pretty good, being in the military, might make me put my tags back on around my neck. I wonder if Gregory has a Military Discount LOL.... GOT TO GET IT WHERE I CAN!
I can't tell ANYTHING from the demo - what the hell is happening that people are reacting to??
[quote]
On 2013-06-30 02:44, tvbobby wrote:
I can't tell ANYTHING from the demo - what the hell is happening that people are reacting to??
[/quote]

Go to a Greg Wilson lecture and feel his chest. The man is a workout beast!
[quote]
On 2013-06-30 02:44, tvbobby wrote:
[/quote]

I don't have this, but start watching at around 1:00 and it seems like they are reacting to the dogtag going from outside the shirt, through the shirt and attaching itself to a chain.
The big question here, it say engraved, no one has asked what is it engraved with..lol.. his name around my neck..lmao.. kidding of course, but seriously what is it engraved with.
Mr. Fludd, EXCELLENT question!

There's a photo that can be clicked on:

It appears to say "Illusion".
There is a photo of it on the penguin site. It looks like an ambigram of Wilson!
[img]http://images.penguinmagic.com/images/products/medium/6777a-51c9d08268c4e.jpg[/img]
To clarify a couple of the questions above. The dog tag has the word Illusion (written as an ambigram). The premise being that all magic is an illusion which you then go on to demonstrate.

The effect is the penetration of the dog tag through the shirt from the outside to the inside. He shows the tag, places it under a fold of cloth on his t-shirt and gets the spec to place their finger on top. Then as the shirt is pulled tight the spec "feels" the dog tag penetrate through to the inside. Let me tell you, it's a stunning effect.
So it's the old coin through pants into the pocket trick just updated? I can dig it.
So the chain is never shown without the dog tag before the effect takes place?
It also says the tags are sterling silver. Plated or solid? If they are solid, I am pushing the button.
James
Hello to everybody,
I don't use t-shirts... anyone knows if this can be done with a buttoned shirt?
thanks & magic regards!
Marco I don't have the effect but if you read the comments and ad copy they pretty clearly say not a good idea with buttoned shirts
I bought this on Greg's Lecture Tour. The reactions were great, when he showed it.

A buttoned shirt might work, but I wouldn't risk it.
Do you at some point remove the chain and then remove the tag from the chain, or do you bring the tag from your pocket and then do the penetration thru the shirt?
When Greg showed this at his Penguin lecture last year, he mimicked taking the tag off the chain before tucking it back into his shirt. Anybody who has ever performed Tagged by Richard Sanders should feel plenty comfortable with this move.
[quote]
On 2013-06-30 08:52, Xiqual wrote:
It also says the tags are sterling silver. Plated or solid? If they are solid, I am pushing the button.
James
[/quote]

That makes 2 of us..
Sterling silver is not plated; it is 92.5% pure silver. But I don’t think I believe that the tags are truly sterling. Most likely someone just used that term without realizing what sterling silver is. Probably plated at best; more likely made of stainless steel - which would be just fine IMO!

Jim
It's difficult to see how they could be sterling silver with the current price per oz.

Acar,

Can you comment please? It would be nice to know if it was just a mistake in the blurb.

thanks
Sean
Not sure why anyone cares if they are sterling silver or not, but they are high quality and I've been having fun playing with it. The routine is more than what is shown in the demo video and yes, the first sequence involves you magically removing the tag and showing the chain "empty" before doing the final penetration. Great walk-around piece that takes up no pocket space and is always ready to go. Another great non-card add to my show.
[quote]
On 2013-07-05 09:58, emyers99 wrote:
Not sure why anyone cares if they are sterling silver or not, but they are high quality and I've been having fun playing with it. The routine is more than what is shown in the demo video and yes, the first sequence involves you magically removing the tag and showing the chain "empty" before doing the final penetration. Great walk-around piece that takes up no pocket space and is always ready to go. Another great non-card add to my show.
[/quote]

Isn't it obvious? If I sold you a silver necklace and after you'd bought it you found out it was steel, would you be ok with that.

And for me, it's no problem if its not silver but don't be telling me its silver if its not.
Can the actual tag be replaced with another tag? I have military dog tags and this would be a great effect for me but I would prefer to use my actual military dog tag and not the illusion one. Can I replace the illusion tag with my standard military tag? Thanks in advance for any help.
Tough to be specific without tipping the method but neither the tag nor the chain are gimmicked. So yes, you can substitute your own tags.

As for the silver vs. steel question, I have no idea. The chain is clearly not silver, and for $39, I highly doubt the tag is actually pure silver. Bottom line, the props and dvd are high quality. Easily worth what he's asking.
I just can't wait til the sequel is "re-leashed" ;)
I agree that whether or not it is made of silver is unimportant as long as the quality is good, which Eric has already attested to. :)

A lot of people commonly use the term "sterling silver" or "sterling" when referring to things that are not actually made with silver. AAMOF, how many here use the term "silverware" to describe your dining utensils? I'll wager that most are not eating with silver forks and spoons! But it is an accepted term in common use. More important, folks need to use their brains - a real sterling dogtag will cost much more than this effect.

I would much prefer the tag to be stainless steel, though I doubt it is even that. But I am confident that it is a high quality item, which is what counts!

Thanks!

Jim
It's got a chromed/polished finish so I'm assuming it is prone to scratches. For that reason, I sort of wish it had more of a flat finish. But with normal use, it should hold up forever.

The dvd is very good. Greg teaches 2 phase, 4 phase, and 1 phase routines. There is also a handling taught by carl hein (i believe) that can be used when wearing a button up shirt. It has a wicked visual link that fooled me.

As for the shirt issue, there's no reason you can't do it with a button down shirt as long as the collar is open so you can access the chain. Greg says a tee shirt works best because a button down shirt might lead people to believe you just shoved the tag between the buttons.
[quote]
On 2013-07-05 12:43, emyers99 wrote:
Tough to be specific without tipping the method but neither the tag nor the chain are gimmicked. So yes, you can substitute your own tags.

As for the silver vs. steel question, I have no idea. The chain is clearly not silver, and for $39, I highly doubt the tag is actually pure silver. Bottom line, the props and dvd are high quality. Easily worth what he's asking.
[/quote]

Thanks for your help with that info. Sounds perfect for me, will be ordering this soon.
I Have it but am a little nervous about the boldness of the method (which was not a surprise to me) and I have not taken it out for a spin. . Just curious if anyone has worked this and how is playing.
This reminds me of the coin through trousers that is then found in the pocket.

I like this variation, although I can't use this as I'm one of those rare ones who is allergic to Sterling Silver.

DD
I get skin reactions to almost everything but have been wearing this around and so far no problems.
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 00:34, D0N DASHER wrote:
This reminds me of the coin through trousers that is then found in the pocket.

I like this variation, although I can't use this as I'm one of those rare ones who is allergic to Sterling Silver.

DD
[/quote]

I'm allergic to trousers, so I couldn't do the coin through them.
[quote]
On 2013-07-06 12:36, J-Mac wrote:
I agree that whether or not it is made of silver is unimportant as long as the quality is good, which Eric has already attested to. :)

A lot of people commonly use the term "sterling silver" or "sterling" when referring to things that are not actually made with silver. AAMOF, how many here use the term "silverware" to describe your dining utensils? I'll wager that most are not eating with silver forks and spoons! But it is an accepted term in common use. More important, folks need to use their brains - a real sterling dogtag will cost much more than this effect.

I would much prefer the tag to be stainless steel, though I doubt it is even that. But I am confident that it is a high quality item, which is what counts!

Thanks!

Jim
[/quote]

Have to agree , problem is there is always one person that likes to stir things up , at the end of the day it's the effect that matter not what it's made of ( as long as good quality) makes no odds if its silver or not
Yes and that one person usually turns out to be ___ ;) you've just entered the thread and claimed an issue that doesn't exist. It was a simple point that if they are stainless steel, they shouldn't be advertised as made from sterling silver. Not exactly a controversial position is it? Just common sense.

The fact that the routine is good doesn't really have any relevance.
Sometimes chains tarnish, and the colour changes from silver to copper/bronze. So does dog tags. Causes can be the perspiration, or even the air. I'm not trying to say I'm gonna wear the product and take a shower (or maybe.. :D) but generally good chains and dog tags can be bathed in, like military tags. They don't have to be SILVER, just stainless steel. Scratches doesn't matter, I'm just worrying about the tarnishing issue. It can take weeks, or months for that to happen. Just hope that it wont be the case for this.
Silver tarnishes pretty badly so I would hope they are not silver!
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 12:51, professorwho wrote:
[/quote]

Good point funny how everyone that has seen it a the penguin lecture states how good it is , yet the person that is obsessed that it has to be silver has an alternative view , same as the whiteboard effect from last year !
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 12:05, Sean Giles wrote:
Yes and that one person usually turns out to be ___ ;) you've just entered the thread and claimed an issue that doesn't exist. It was a simple point that if they are stainless steel, they shouldn't be advertised as made from sterling silver. Not exactly a controversial position is it? Just common sense.

The fact that the routine is good doesn't really have any relevance.
[/quote]

Of course you are correct Sean. Deceptive advertising can be considered a criminal offense. Anyone who would argue this (some are even attacking you), is obviously a shill and probably a criminal themselves.

Magicians helping magicians accept false advertising? Really, really sad.

When the owner of a certain magic company PM's me to tell me what my view should be I just tell them to get lost. I guess certain others here are more easily pushed around.

If it's not sterling silver and it's advertised as such, report them to the authorities. Don't waste time here. If someone is sensitive to metals and buys this thinking it's silver because it was advertised as such, the seller will be liable for damages. Whether that be pain and suffering from a rash, sleep disturbances, kidney problems... it's basically a free-for-all now that the dealer has been notified of the misleading statements and elected to keep the ad copy the way it was.

Now we're talking negligence. It's all been documented here. Someone needs to step up and collect! Put a stop to this.

DD

DD
How did Don Dasher slip through the Magic Café's crack security team and rejoin with the same ID?

:sun:
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 12:59, JackMagic wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 12:51, professorwho wrote:
[/quote]

Good point funny how everyone that has seen it a the penguin lecture states how good it is , yet the person that is obsessed that it has to be silver has an alternative view , same as the whiteboard effect from last year !
[/quote]

Ah, I remember you now. You're the guy that got upset last year because I didn't like your whiteboard! Are you really still not over that? I didn't realise you would be hurt so badly just because I didn't like something. It was just an opinion, don't take it to heart so much.
And I assume you have evidence that it's the same person Zombie
[quote]
On 2013-07-08 02:14, 123crampt wrote:
And I assume you have evidence that it's the same person Zombie
[/quote]

It could also be me or you. That happens when you go to a costume party. You never quite know who is who.
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 15:22, Zombie Magic wrote:
How did Don Dasher slip through the Magic Café's crack security team and rejoin with the same ID?

[/quote]

Clever tyrants are never punished.

ⱭD
[quote]
On 2013-07-08 16:53, D0N DASHER wrote:

ⱭD
[/quote]

Volare, oh oh...

That's a great song!
And this might be the best version of that song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb97nlbJD0Q

I apologize for causing Zombie to once again stray off-topic. Stay focused Zombie. Keep your eye on the brains.

ⱭD
Not the same person.
James

[quote]
On 2013-07-08 16:53, D0N DASHER wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-07-07 15:22, Zombie Magic wrote:

[/quote]

ⱭD
[/quote]
That's right, the other Don Dasher wan't all caps. If I get banned and come back with ZOMBIE MAGIC in caps...I bet they'd notice. Maybe I'm just special;-)
[quote]
On 2013-07-08 20:57, Zombie Magic wrote:
That's right, the other Don Dasher wan't all caps. If I get banned and come back with ZOMBIE MAGIC in caps...I bet they'd notice. Maybe I'm just special;-)
[/quote]

I don't think that will work.

Instead you should put up a fake forum, a duplicate of the one you got banned from. Link to it from the old forum so users end up here without realizing. In the new forum, you'll have mysteriously reappeared.

Please stop gawking now, you're making me feel like some kind of freak.

ⱭD
For the record, do not be afraid to do this !!!! Yes it is bold, but if you practice, yes the word so many magicians hate, they want everything to be self working (including me). But if you take the time to practice, this is a killer. I literally worked on it for around an hour to go to my guinea pig, my wife. She usually catches me on things of this sort due to the fact shes seen em do them all before. This one left her asking "do it again", and when we went to dinner she said are you going to do your new trick tonight? She never brings up magic, ever !!
[quote]
On 2014-01-04 01:47, NocturnalMagic wrote:
For the record, do not be afraid to do this !!!! Yes it is bold, but if you practice, yes the word so many magicians hate, they want everything to be self working (including me). But if you take the time to practice, this is a killer. I literally worked on it for around an hour to go to my guinea pig, my wife. She usually catches me on things of this sort due to the fact shes seen em do them all before. This one left her asking "do it again", and when we went to dinner she said are you going to do your new trick tonight? She never brings up magic, ever !!
[/quote]
I agree 100%. I am new to magic and like when it is self working and you end clean, as it takes a lot of pressure from me. Anyway I learned that doing "real" magic forces boldness, courage and a lot of practice - especially in misdirection. Love that effect as it fries peoples minds.
I bought this a long time ago. havent had the opportunity to tried this but after reading nocturnalmagic it motivated me to give this a go in the street and to practice.
I am suprised "Unleashed" has only so few posts. This is killer. Needs a bit of practice but pays off big time
Yeah I agree . A complete worker .