(Close Window)
Topic: Peter Eggink & Uday Jadugar "MiNTALIST"
I've become a big fan of Peter's and this looks really good. I bought large mixed flavor tic tacs the other day and have using it as an anchor point for IT, so this would be great since I already carry the mints.

Trailer

http://www.peter-eggink.com/store-mintalist.html

* Mintal Connection:
At any time you take out your mint box and ask your spectator to pour out ANY amount of mints in her hand BEHIND her back...Instantly you tell her the EXACT amount of mints taken! If you want, you can even PREDICT the amount of mints taken by your spectator. Different outcome every single time!

* Mintal Duet:
From a mixed color box of mints you pour out ANY amount of mints in your hand behind your back. Your spectator is then asked to do the same. Both hands are opened...and it's an EXACT match of both: AMOUNT and COLOR mints!

* Mintal Color Change:
Your spectator pours out ANY amount of mints in her hand behind her back. You not only predict the EXACT amount of mints taken...but also cause the mints INSIDE her hand to CHANGE COLOR!

* Mintal Separation:
From a mixed color box of mints your spectator pours out ANY amount of mints in her hand behind her back. She is then asked to concentrate on just one of the colors...when her hand is opened, ALL the mints have CHANGED into the color where she thought of!
What price range ????
Jean-Luc, it doesn't say on the site. I've e-mailed Peter ideas on a couple things of his I use and he's always been very nice ( I like when people don't write me back and say my idea was dumb ). I'll send him a note and ask him what price range.

Uday Jadugar is known for his precision work, so that's a good thing!
Sounds a lot like Mint Condition that was on FIVE by Daniel Garcia and Marcus Eddie. Except Mint Condition wasn't repeatable like this sounds like it is.
Sounds so good!
Let's what for the price.
Peter wrote back and said he doesn't have a price yet, but it comes with the engineered mint box by Uday Jadugar ( including the mints ) a training DVD and some extras for performing.

I like the multi color tic tacs, so Mintal Duet sounds the most appealing to me.
Peter sent me an early prototype to potentially produce and I fell in love with the thinking right away. I predict this is going to be something that people are going to love.

luke
[quote]
On 2013-04-11 17:47, Zombie Magic wrote:
Jean-Luc, it doesn't say on the site. I've e-mailed Peter ideas on a couple things of his I use and he's always been very nice ( I like when people don't write me back and say my idea was dumb ). I'll send him a note and ask him what price range.

Uday Jadugar is known for his precision work, so that's a good thing!
[/quote]

thanks for helping !
Looks Great.

Video link on Peters site.

http://www.peter-eggink.com/store-mintalist.html
Ok guys,
Just a quick update. The DVD is now done and ready to be shipped to the replicators. That means that my job in the Netherlands is done :)
This is a great utility device that can do a massive amount of miracles, you are going to be very happy with it!
Best regards,
Titanas
I look forward to it!
Can't wait ! :O
Stiil waiting for an idea about the price range...
[quote]
On 2013-04-13 12:54, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
Stiil waiting for an idea about the price range...
[/quote]

I went to the product page and nothing yet.
Hey guys,
The retail price will be $45 which is a bargain for what's included.

Best regards,
Titanas
Ok interesting
thanks
A mentalist doing a color change?
[quote]
On 2013-04-13 14:56, Dr. Eamon wrote:
A mentalist doing a color change?
[/quote]

Hey Dr. Eamon,
Not all of the effects in the DVD are mentalism effects, in the six effects (4 main effects and 2 bonus) there is something for everybody.

Best regards,
Titanas
This will be available in 4/5 weeks ?
This looks great -something I would really use. Wonder if all the mints inside are regular Tic-Tacs that can be consumed by the spectator?
Very much regular. You can use your own tic tac.
One of the best gimmicks I have ever developed. Self contained.
Thanks -looking forward to this!

MP
Dangit. I had a similar idea to this and I bet this is better. Can't wait to check it out.
[quote]
On 2013-04-11 18:03, scott0819 wrote:
Sounds a lot like Mint Condition that was on FIVE by Daniel Garcia and Marcus Eddie. Except Mint Condition wasn't repeatable like this sounds like it is.
[/quote]

Sounds exactly like it!
I'm looking forward to the release of this but one thing bothered me after watching the video..... is the tic-tac box seem abit big or is this the normal size? It's a genuine question, I don't eat tic-tacs so I wouldn't know. ..

Kieran
From what I can see, Peter used the larger 100 mints tic-tac box in the video...they sell these at any major grocery store. I for one personally prefer the bigger box over the small standard one -it gives it more "presence" and thus perfect for parlor, stage AND close-up.

MP
The old fashioned "small" tictac boxes were discontinued in my area (Brooklyn) and I am assuming in the entire NYC area. This does look great, however much like the other posters I would like to know how this differs from the Daniel Garcia effect.
Can they take out just one or two mints?
Yes. They can take just one or two mints and you will be able to tell how many they have taken.
Peter was very kind to send me an andvanced copy of Mintalist.
I know that people will think that my review is going to be biased because I got a free unit but trust me this is not the case.
I got my unit, watched the DVD and then I became addicted.
Since then I never leave home without it.
Mintalist is such a clever great tool that I am sure everybody is going to love, it looks so innocent, organic and creates a plethora of close up miracles and has a feeling of impromptu magic which I love.
I am really excited about this release and I am pretty sure you guys will be too.

Takel
Takel, since you've gotten to use this, can you tell us what type of environments you performed it ( strolling, restaurant, for friends, etc. ). I'm just curious where and how this played for you.
There are SO many great new illusions and devices coming one-right-after-the-other lately that I don't think I can buy all of them at once as I normally try to do out of my once-a-month paycheck. (Since I discovered Penguin my bank account hovers 1 or 2 dollars shy of overdraft quite often).

I followed Zombie to the new bendable paper-clip thread which looks very good and then from there to here and, for me, "MiNTALIST" looks even "gooder" :) because of the power of matching the color and number of mints as both you and the spectator pour them out at the same time...I just love Spectator or audience involvement in an illusion.

I do like the bending paper-clip thing too though...quite a bit.

I, of course, MUST have them both. :)

Still, I love reviews, even if I already know I'm going to purchase something or even after I already have it in hand, because I love to learn how others feel about the illusion and what their experiences with it have been.

So far, the most compelling review for me is the one given by Takel in which he states:

"Mintalist is such a clever great tool that I am sure everybody is going to love, it looks so innocent, organic and creates a plethora of close up miracles and has a feeling of impromptu magic which I love."

I love that review for several reasons, the most important of which is Takel's use of the word: "plethora".

Only smart guys fling words like that around. :) Smart guys don't make dumb calls and Takel has called "MiNTALIST a winner. :)

(Once, during a college debate, the other team used the word "plethora" in a counter point and I just flung a white handkerchief into the air as a sign of surrender and walked off stage knowing I was out of my league.) I will never debate Takel...for a "plethora" of reasons. :)

Takel has called "MiNTALIST" a winner and he's a smart guy. Zombie seems to lean toward it and ditto for Zombie's IQ.

Luke Dancey was in the "Smart Guy" club before I was born which is hard to explain since I am older than he is but smart guys can pull things like that off ... and Luke is solidly behind it.

Titanus is...ummm...well...ya know..geeezz...(just teasing :)) a very creative and smart guy and HE's behind it.

Given that those men like it, if I was a Vegas odds-maker, I would declare this an odds-on favorite to sell big and fast.
I would also advise my clients to never bet agains Tekel in a debate. :)
Zombie,
I am performing Mintalist in any occasion and never fails to receive great reactions both from lay people and magicians alike.

Trueinventor,
Thank you for your comments, I have a "plethora" reasons to respect you too :)

Takel
Thanks for the honest update Takel :)

Peter has some great thinking & Uday does an excellent job, looking forward to seeing what they have both come up with here :)
[quote]
On 2013-05-01 05:37, takel wrote:
Zombie,
I am performing Mintalist in any occasion and never fails to receive great reactions both from lay people and magicians alike.

[/quote]

Thank you, Sir!
Thank you Takel, very much. :) I love to make others smile when I can which is one of the reaons I've grown to love magic so much.

My "Spidey Senses" tell me that "MiNTALIST" is going to be responsible for lots of smiles.

I really did mean from the heart the thoughts I expressed toward you, Zombie, Luke and Titanus: the intelligence shines through. Each of you in, your own ways, just keep lifting the art higher.
Dear Trueinventor,
thank you so much for your great comments,
one small correction though, Luke is not related to this trick, this trick is by Peter Eggink :)

Best regards,
Titanas
It will be one of my next orders when it is available!
X2 Gitty.
I carry Tic Tacs every day ( dry throat ) so I wouldn't be carrying anything extra.
Thankyou Titanas. :) I really am honored to hear from you.

Peter Eggink is simply brilliant. I just now realized that I twice mispelled your name and I'm sorry; people mispell mine all the time (Alex) and sometimes I want to just shake them and say:

"NO, not A-L-E-C as in "Smart Alec", IT IS: A-L-E-X as in the man who is no Peter Eggink!"

Usually that kind of a verbal correction and "shaking" leaves a lasting impression and solves the problem...I think it is the "Peter Eggink" part that stays with them the longest: the name just sounds unusual, intellectual, and scientific-y which makes it hard to forget. :)

Please don't shake ME though, even though I probably deserve a taste of my own medicine: word is you are a pretty strong fella and a force to be reckoned with! :)

Congratulations again Titanas to you, to Mr. Eggink, and to everyone involved with bringing MiNTALIST to us!

I really do like how this looks a whole lot and, as I often do when I really like something; I will be placing an order for at least two. (I have a way of losing the smaller illusions that pack big wallops within the first week of my leaving the house with them so I usually order my replacement along with my initial order knowing myself like I do). :)

your friend,
Alec...oh gosh...now I got a self-shaking coming...
[quote]
On 2013-05-01 23:56, trueinventor wrote:

your friend,
Alec...oh gosh...now I got a self-shaking coming...
[/quote]

HAHAHA. You are VERY funny. Great sense of humor!
Thankyou Zombie. :) I love making the Café members smile when I can. Many of you have
brightened my day and made the Café a place I so look forward to coming to when I have time.

You were one of the first members to go out of your way to make me feel welcome, Thankyou again.

Also, Uday, I am so sorry I didn't mention you. You are obviously a major part of this
great creation.

Someday, Uday, I will come to you for help with my own idea for an invention: I call it:
"Smack the bill collector upside his head".

It really isn't a magic device so much, it just... smacks a bill collector upside his head!

(My rough prototype involves a rolled-up newspaper--but I'll leave the details up to you: you may decide a magazine is the way to go or...well...I trust your engineering instincts) :)

I think it will sell like hotcakes! :)

Oh oh, someone's at the door and I DON'T recognize him...hmmm...where's the newspaper?
Will this be up for pre-sale? I'm anxious to place my order!
If I perform this walk-around am I supposed to put the mints that were held in the fist back into the container for the next table?

I hope not because that would be gross.

What is the reset? I can't picture using the handled mints again and again. Do I need to have new mints for every performance?

DD
DD,
Totally up to you, if you think it is gross you can use new mints, if you don't find it gross you can use same, I would personally use new mints.

Best regards,
Titanas
I would use fresh (no pun) new mints every single time as long as the reset doesn't take ages. Can the reset be done while walking from one table to another? That would be golden.

MP
I'm just thinking cost.

I would hate to be in a restaurant stuffing the dirty mints back into the container between tables.

$2 per performance then? For walk around I mean.

And I just had an epiphany. I would have to stuff new mints into the old box between tables anyways wouldn't I? With my same filthy hands. And believe me, they are filthy.

DD
DD,
You are way off with the cost.
All I can say as I am trying not to reveal anything here is that you are not going to replace all of the mints, just a few for every performance if you chose to go that way.
Best regards,
Titanas
Any news about the release date?
I just received the info from Peter that MiNTALIST will be available in 25 days.
Some news about release?
I beleive it is going to be out around June 7 !!!

[quote]
On 2013-05-14 15:18, gitty wrote:
I just received the info from Peter that MiNTALIST will be available in 25 days.
[/quote]
Jean-Luc.R. I was on Eggink's site and it just says "COMING SOON". Is there a shop that announced a release date? Thanks!
I checked the Eggink site and it says

"***PRE-ORDER NOW AND LEARN "A.E 2.0" WHILE YOU WAIT!***
THIS PRODUCT IS EXPECTED TO SHIP ON JULY 1ST, 2013. YOU MAY RESERVE A COPY NOW AND IT WILL SHIP TO YOU WHEN IT ARRIVES.

I had to look up A.E. 2.0 It's a pencil through bill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ5KaTaGnO0
Hi Y'all,

We had a small delay on the production side (sorry for that) but now we're pretty much good to go! We made some final adjustments on the gimmick as we wanted this to be beyond perfect -You'll LOVE "MiNTALIST". In about 14 days the first batch will be shipped from our replicator to Murphy's so I guess it'll pop up at your favorite magic shop VERY soon.

I'm taking pre-orders right now through my personal website like Zombie Magic mentioned and as a bonus you'll receive a FREE copy of "A.E 2.0", the instant download. (This offer will stand until June 20th.) I'm SUPER exited about this release and I'm looking forward to see what you guys can come up with using this awesome device ;)

Joy to all,

Peter
Doing magic with everyday items like this is great but it doesn't really appeal to me apart from the changing colours one
Peter, the box label is not the normal 'tic tac' logo, therefore can it be switched for a normal looking label?
[quote]
On 2013-06-14 13:20, pegasus wrote:
Peter, the box label is not the normal 'tic tac' logo, therefore can it be switched for a normal looking label?
[/quote]

From talking with Peter in the past about the 'tic tac' logo, the gimmick can be switched to a different 'tic tac' box.

Kieran
[quote]
On 2013-06-14 13:43, magicman29 wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-06-14 13:20, pegasus wrote:
[/quote]

Yes -on the DVD there is a section that covers the replacement of the label with a genuine Tic-Tac label if desired. If you wanted to, you can also transfer the gimmick to another tic tac box like Kieran mentioned.

Peter
Ok. I'm in.
Hi Guys,

Any news on this? Peter's site sates that it will ship out today. Anybody knows anything about this? It sounds like a winner.:)
I order it now. I hope shipping will be today as described. I sent peter a email
Latest news is 2weeks delay. Gimmicks is not ready
:(

Kieran
Hey y'all,

Due to the quality control of the gimmicks and some technical issues we encountered during the production, we are a little behind on schedule...Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused. The good news is that everything is in packaging as we speak thus almost ready to go ;) I'll keep you guys posted on when these baby's were shipped out to Murphy's -thanks so much for the patience everybody!

Best,

Peter
Just a quick update to let y'all know that the gimmicks were shipped out today...Our replicator in the US only needs a few days to wrap them up and ship them out to Murphy's. This should be available through your favorite dealer ANY time now ;)

Peter
Peter Eggink, thanks for the update and good news.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Full demo!

http://vimeo.com/63740004

[img]http://images.penguinmagic.com/images/magitars/peter_eggink.png[/img]
I am a "Mintalist" and pretty interested in this.

Decomposing Mints
[quote]
On 2013-07-10 13:06, Peter Eggink wrote:
Just a quick update to let y'all know that the gimmicks were shipped out today...Our replicator in the US only needs a few days to wrap them up and ship them out to Murphy's. This should be available through your favorite dealer ANY time now ;)

Peter
[/quote]

Anyone received their candy yet?

Decomposed and Stale Mints :(
It's listed on Murphy's site, so all the shops should have it soon.
Hocus-pocus.com sell it for 31.50usd for all members
No magic sites actually have it in stock ( it's listed as pre-order ).
This is now available to pre-order for release date of 1st August at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections/new-products/products/mintalist-by-peter-eggink-uday-jadugar

Magik1
[quote]
On 2013-07-22 17:07, gimmickless wrote:
Hocus-pocus.com sell it for 31.50usd for all members
[/quote]

Are you sure?
Got it preordered......something I seldom do. Predicting I will be using it often. :kewl:

PS: New video looks real neat. I think this will work most if not 100 pct of the time.
I have not seen the large boxes of Tics where I live but did find regular Tic Tacs for refills. SAMS has 12 boxes for $8.88. Walmart has a sale, 4 boxes for $2.88.
Preorder here also at MJM Magic

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/mintalist-dvd-and-gimmick-by-peter-eggink-dvd-p-16699.html

VIDEO 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtHo8dSslT0

VIDEO 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVL301EWoU

A precision engineered mint box becomes your secret weapon!

Here are some KILLER routines that can be done with "Mintalist":

* Mintal Connection:
At any time you take out your mint box and ask your spectator to pour out ANY amount of mints in her hand BEHIND her back...Instantly you tell her the EXACT amount of mints taken! If you want, you can even PREDICT the amount of mints taken by your spectator. Different outcome every single time!

* Mintal Duet:
From a mixed color box of mints you pour out ANY amount of mints in your hand behind your back. Your spectator is then asked to do the same. Both hands are opened...and it's an EXACT match of both: AMOUNT and COLOR mints!

* Mintal Color Change:
Your spectator pours out ANY amount of mints in her hand behind her back. You not only predict the EXACT amount of mints taken...but also cause the mints INSIDE her hand to CHANGE COLOR!

* Mintal Separation:
From a mixed color box of mints your spectator pours out ANY amount of mints in her hand behind her back. She is then asked to concentrate on just one of the colors...when her hand is opened, ALL the mints have CHANGED into the color where she thought of!

This ULTRA COOL mint box is your new SECRET WEAPON that you'll always carry with you wherever you go. Freak them out with your AMAZING "Mintal" powers!

Mintalist comes complete with a very cool precision engineered mint box including mints and a full training DVD with bonus routines and handling tips.

*Points to keep in mind:

Super EASY to do
100% Gimmicked
100% Examinable
Self-Contained
So what's the advantage of a pre-order then? Oh, save just over 1 dollar. Think I'll wait for the reviews.
You can pre-order it here too and you get a free dvd when you pre-order: http://www.mystiquefactory.com/collections/frontpage/products/mintalist-by-peter-eggink

Best,
Martin
Available August 1.
Tomorrow big day! Finally....... Anyone have any updates regarding Hocus Pocus shipments please advise. This could be the sleeper of the year if description is accurate! :bigsmile:

PS: Zombie you in?
Zombie will not be able to answer that question. Not on here anyway.
[quote]
On 2013-07-31 19:54, pegasus wrote:
Zombie will not be able to answer that question. Not on here anyway.
[/quote]

Huh? Is he okay? :worry:
Yeh he's fine. Just taking another forced vacation from the MC.
Hey guys,

Finally, Mintalist will roll out today! As a little heads up, The gimmick might come in an "unlocked" state caused during shipping. If this is the case, it's is not an issue at all and will not harm the gimmick in ANY way. You will notice this during the set-up...If you might have any issues or questions regarding this, please don't hesitate to drop me a line...I'm always here to help.

Thanks for all pre-orders and the support everybody ;)

Joy,

Peter
Thanks pegasus for heads up on Zombie, sure he may be lurking around and watching this while on his vacation. Also thanks for your service.

Peter, please enable PMs. I tried emailing you and never got a reply. I preordered and want all to work smoothly. I do not want to expose for sure here. I am confused about the lock mode wondering now why the lock was put in to begin with if we are unable to lock it again? Of course all is premature, we are all awaiting impatiently. :)

Decomposing While Its Unlocking Enroute
[quote]
On 2013-08-01 06:46, Decomposed wrote:
Thanks pegasus for heads up on Zombie, sure he may be lurking around and watching this while on his vacation. Also thanks for your service.

Peter, please enable PMs. I tried emailing you and never got a reply. I preordered and want all to work smoothly. I do not want to expose for sure here. I am confused about the lock mode wondering now if why the lock was put in to begin with if we are unable to lock it again? Of course all is premature.

Decomposing While Its Unlocking Enroute
[/quote]

It would not let me edit the post. So I had to use quote. I take it after reading my up all night postings, the unit WILL allow relocking. Pretty dawg gone excited about this and will be watching my post everyday starting Saturday. Already stocking up on tick tacks for refills.
Hey Decomposed,

No worries! You can lock and unlock at will at any time -the gimmick was designed to do so. Standard all units are shipped in "locked" mode but might get "unlocked" during travelling -not saying this is the case though. Although we really packed all single unit securely, sometimes the postal service handles packages like basket balls and may cause the unlocking. Bottom line, In either case, there's nothing to worry about but good to know if you setting up your Mintalist unit. In addition, please do watch the DVD first prior to examine and playing around with your Mintalist gimmick.

Re your e-mail, it must've slipped through! Please send all your questions etc. to: info@peter-eggink.com I'll try to answer them as soon and good as possible!

Peter
Peter sent some pictures on facebook.. Can't wait !
Thanks for reply Peter. Got notification on shipment. Now the waiting game. :lol:
Decomposed, you're welcome. Hang in there...;)

All pre-orders that have been placed through me directly were shipped out as well!

Thanks again,

Peter
Got mine from Hocus Pocus yesterday. Very nicely put together package. Gimmick comes with spare parts - much welcomed feature! Watched DVD which is very well done and includes computer animation graphic instructions for setup and reset. Beautifully done. Will start working with this in the coming week. Highly recommended!
First POSITIVE review is in. Lets hope it stays like that. This could be my next purchase.
I have looked at this and the gimmick and effect is great! I can't wait to start using it and have kept one from my stock for myself!
http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/products/mintalist-dvd-and-gimmick-by-peter-eggink-dvd

Magik1
See my review in secret sessions:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=520471&forum=37&0
Could this be done with the smaller tic tac
There's only one size of tic tac AFAIK.
[quote]
On 2013-08-05 14:27, Tricster6 wrote:
Could this be done with the smaller tic tac
[/quote]

Negative Tricster....the larger size package, other then creating a tad bit more pocket space creates no hardship I assure you as far as the specs are concerned. :kewl:

Decomposing Larger Sizes
[quote]
On 2013-08-05 08:28, Decomposed wrote:

[/quote]

There was no requirement at all to post your review in SS.
[quote]
On 2013-08-05 16:08, pegasus wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-08-05 08:28, Decomposed wrote:

[/quote]

There was no requirement at all to post your review in SS. It's not as if you've given anything away.
[/quote]
Okay here is my open forum review:

It is a good product and I am happy I bought it. :kewl:
Anyone intested in larger purchases of mints:

http://instoresnow.walmart.com/EnhancedRenderContent.aspx?id=104038
Does it work with this pack? :
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://micahjesse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/MJ-with-Tic-Tac-box.jpg&imgrefurl=http://micahjesse.com/tag/carlo-pazolini/&h=3600&w=2400&sz=1084&tbnid=JHFqC1mI4hj06M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=60&zoom=1&usg=__XMvQEEslOSxOh2wRY2MOSPGHpIg=&docid=at7rc85fSEIGsM&sa=X&ei=1T4BUpT7LuaN7Aao6oGICg&ved=0CEIQ9QEwBA&dur=2050
:lol: The good thing is there is a big campaign and the mints are taking a big leap this summer. I asked the sales lady if she thought the little containers were being phased out. I supplied her an answer before she could answer. :kewl:

Glad this little invention is obscure and under the radar.
Decomposed, can you explain why you posted your review in secret sessions? Would love to see a detailed review.
Just received mine and this has to be one of the best gimmicks and effects I've seen in a while...Very happy with my purchase and will take this baby for a spin this weekend ;)
Paul, I opened a thread in SS so I could add to it with things that may give away the workings. It was not specifically for a review, my bad. I am adding to the SS review Paul with little nuiances regarding upkeep etc of the gimmick.

Anyway, here is my not secret review:

Okay, I got mine on Saturday and its kicking butt big time! I never thought I would get the reactions I received and then some. To be honest, when I got it and watched the well informed DVD, I was skeptical. I did a dry run and people are just not beleving it. I am a mentalist and just do simple color devination (how many green vs white etc) and its slaying. Peter has been great answering my questions. There are a few nuiances I have been toying with but don't want to go into too much here.

I do recommend getting some surgical gloves only to use while practicing. Tack sales will be jumping up soon, another trip to Wally World for me to buy while on sale!!!!

Hope this will not become too popular, sorry Peter. I am a professional and supplement my family income with this stuff.

Not too many things I buy that are actually used in my paid gigs but this will be one of them. Ive since bought a ton of tick tacks and they even have the mixed fruit ones for sale now.

Decomposing Over First Mistake Ive Made In Life :cry:
Got it! Just last week, it came in the mail a few days before I passed a nasty kidney stone. Anyways, I have'nt posted any type of review yet, was beginning to enjoy performing this on a few friends/family so far. And then yesterday as I was getting into my car I bumped the frame with the box in my pocket and it pretty much cracked up. Needless to say, I am very bummed, the box is too damaged to use in performance now, even though still functional. :(

Glen
Wow wow wow.. This thing is one of the simplest and the most clever thing I ever see ! Before popping the dvd, I couldn't figure what the gimmick was.. Really ! It was one of the trick that you don't know and don't see how it works before watching the dvd :0 and of course, because it is examinable, it's kind of normal if you can't spot the giimick.. I was fooled badly when I watch the DVD.. So clever ! It's like a trick which existed before but this time, you can give the box after the performance ! The routines on the DVD are so amazing :0 Maybe won't do the color changing tic tac as it's a little bit magic instead of mentalism and I want to do more mentalism instead of magic with this item. This takes almost nothing in terms of pocket space ! It ticks all the boxes that a worker wants.. Maybe not in a formal environnement but it's really a magical moment in the minds of the spectator. One little "downside" is that you can't really reset in front of the spectators, even if it takes just a few seconds, you will be a little weird by doing that in front of the audience.

I will keep it and use it, it gets a 9/10 for me ! Thanks Peter :)
Sad picture...
Can the generic label on the mint box be replaced with a real Tic-Tac label?
Sure !
Took it for a spin today on a paid gig and it KILLED. The color changing mints routine is so powerful and my became my favorite.

This is a Winner. Love it.

MP
Hi guys,
Thanks to those who are appreciating the gimmick. I am sure Peter has explained who invented & created that gimmick in the video. I am very happy to work with Peter. Many more wonderful tricks are going to be released soon.
Uday Jadugar
[quote]
On 2013-08-09 16:36, sabitu wrote:
Can the generic label on the mint box be replaced with a real Tic-Tac label?
[/quote]

I do not think they sell this size jumbo container in USA. You may have to order it. Poor Glen (above post pic) needs one for sure. Let's help him find one.

Anyone find the larger tick tacks, please advise. Im looking for labels also. I am hoping this will stay with me a long time but as owners know, the single containers are being used and used a lot.

And yes Uday, its a good utility and presentation is paramount for this.
Glen,
Write to my email. I will send you a box. You just pay the fright.
Uday Jadugar
Now that is customer service.

I posted some very important news in SS and I stress all owners read and adhere to it. Please go to secret sessions and read it.
I went to the shop to buy big boxes of mints (the size of the mintalist box) and I realized that they don't put labels on anymore ! Just wrapped in a plastic thing and when you remove it, just a clear box.. I will go to a bigger shop to see if all the boxes are like that..
I went to the shop to buy big boxes of mints (the size of the mintalist box) and I realized that they don't put labels on anymore ! Just wrapped in a plastic thing and when you remove it, just a clear box.. I will go to a bigger shop to see if all the boxes are like that..
That stinks Alex. I cannot find them local either. If I am correct, the Tic Tacs are called Big Pack Size? Anyway, I think they are 49 grams like the other box, Amazon has large boxes of them here:

http://www.amazon.com/Tic-Tac-Pack-Fruit-Adventure/dp/B006JUV0S6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376140753&sr=8-2&keywords=tick+tack+big+pack

They may be at CVS or Walgreens, I have to check also. It would also give me a chance to buy some extra colors for my collection. I know they have 200 quantity different tub size at Walmart now. They look like they are going through major changes. Best get the labels while we can! Please post back anyone when you find a lower 48 chain store for us. Performers helping performers.

That being said, I just want to say Peter has been top notch with answers to my questions. He is a great help and is there when you need him. I have given him great headaches and he went above and beyond the call across the pond to help me.

Decomposed Before I Find Large Size Candy
Well it looks like the Big Packs are actually only 1 oz. There does not appear to be any large size tic tacs on line. I will hit some stores in the wee hours tonight such as CVS to see if I can match up my container which says 49 gms. Google it and nothing comes up. :cry:
Called "Big Boxes"

This is the European version of the correct size needed:

https://shop.gunz.cc/Shop.aspx?Command=ShowProductDetail&Id=GUNZ0760375311

Still nothing shows up on Google as far as on line ordering in the USA. I just want the label (the mentalist in me) but would not mind a few assorted color mints. Looks like USA stores do not carry them. :kewl:
Just received this today. The h***ge fell off. Unfortunately it will cost you a label to open it up and fix it. Now it fell off again, and I'm out of labels. Disapointed? Yes, I was hoping for better way of h***ing the f***. At least in the version I received, it's simply too unstable to use for paying customers.
You had a defective one I think..
PM sent to Uday. And thank you for the kind offer. Thanks also to "Decomposed" for the attempts at helping me in my situation! Major kudos!!! Yes I have been searching for same sized boxes of Tic Tacs without any luck. The boxes are close but noticeably smaller. Honestly there are so many various types of mints out there now that I didn't really think of it as any kind of problem.

Glen
I also received an email from Peter with additional suggestion. Again exhibiting what a great resource this entire forum is!
Hoping to be back on track with more MiNTALISM sooon!

GlenD
I must admit that the main thing stopping me getting this is that it does not come in the size of tic tacs readily available in the UK. If I have to buy tic tacs online then this simply isn't going to fly because people pick up their tic tacs in the local store, the average person does not order speciality mints online. If that box size ever becomes common in the UK I will revisit this effect.

Mark
Mark. We do not have this size either but I have not had a problem with anyone saying anything. Generic version I would gather most think mine is. Tic Tacs have made so many different containers and this year they now have the 200 ct size so no one knows any better.

If someone comes up with a box that is similiar stateside, please chime in. In the meantime, I am just going to use the label supplied until it wears out.

Broothal, sorry to hear about the gimmick breaking. Im sure they will supply you with a new one. I have no clue what the innards looks like but I hope it last a good while before wearing out. IM getting some good miles out of this. A few cons of course, everything you buy comes with it but if it fits your persona, and gets the reactions we all deserve, I call the spade a spade.

Decomposing Labels Appreciated
We have only ever had 1 size tic tac box in the UK and the huge one sticks out like a sore thumb, not to mention you would never get a tic tac label to fit it over here.

Mark
I should stay away from this thread while waiting for mine. It makes me itch lol

Same thing happened when I purchased his Ghost Tag.

The Hole doesn't appeal to me much but this one surely will be a fun to play with, people love mints and candy.
How did you like Ghost Tag Failed Magician?

Mintalist is bringing reactions I would not have believed with little in the way of presentation. I like to try it out like that first then move into high gear with good theatre thrown in.

It makes noise in my pocket but they are suppose to anyway.....:lol:
TIC TAC CHERRY PASSION FRUIT FLAVOUR 10 x 49g BIG BOXES TICTACS

They sell these on eBay UK, are these not the bigger boxes? Each box contains 100 tic tacs.
Ghost Tag is great, even different person will have different knack of it. Mine is locked out on the top part of the plastic container. While others have it at the opposite side. But it delivers :)

Peter should have provided more revelation on his website or a file where can use to edit the revelation to our own liking :)
[quote]
On 2013-08-10 12:00, broothal wrote:
Just received this today. The h***ge fell off. Unfortunately it will cost you a label to open it up and fix it. Now it fell off again, and I'm out of labels. Disapointed? Yes, I was hoping for better way of h***ing the f***. At least in the version I received, it's simply too unstable to use for paying customers.
[/quote]

Units were beta tested for a year. Pretty sure the postal people are to blame broothal. Sure Uday will step in since he knows so much more about this. Sorry to hear you cant get along with it but sure its temporary. I am hoping to be using mine for a long, long time. I posted some cleaning in SS that I hope will extend it even longer.

Ghost seems like a winner also Failing Magician.
Classic skeptic tonight. I performed it for him and he looked at me with that sneaky smile you get. I just did the two color divination. He then politely now asked if he could see the container. This is that moment you just got to love since no s***** is involved. I gladly handed it to him to look and examine.

This is just impromptu and unpaid gigish. I relish the paid strolling gigs when I will go into the proper soothsayer patter.

Another plus is you never have to have stinky breath again!

Decomposing But With Fresh Minty Breath
I love the mentalism effects here. However I can't for the life of me understand why you'd ever do a color changing effect with this. For those who own it, doesn't that just point right to the method? You've got white tic tacs in a partially obscured box. You tell spec to pour some tic tacs out behind their back. They bring forward red tic tacs in their hand. Are they really to believe they poured out white tic tacs behind their back and the mints turned red while in their hand? Hard to believe this one was road tested on intelligent humans.
I have to agree with you there Platt. I perform mentalism and getting my routine perfected and its still evolving!

But I can't speak for magicians who get play out of the color change. Peter has been great answering my questions!

Decomposed........
Well, just an idea, you can write a letter on each of the mint for revelations (forced card value perhaps). It shares the similar routine with Ghost Tag but this time with color.

Show the mint box, ask them to pour some into their hands on their back, close their palm and bring it to the front, open up, some red minties with letters, puzzled, then ask them to arrange them :D
Great idea Failed but it would be a very fine marker to do that....

Now its after midnight, I can think better.

Platt, at first I agreed with ya somewhat but what makes this effect so unique is the clean up is 100 percent! Nothing at all to find. As a matter of fact, this morning I had a hard time finding what I needed to in bright light in order to reset. So from a magic prospective, what you have is basically what I would call "real magic" if you decide to go that route. I personally from a theatrical prospective choose aother path.
It's here!! But I'm stuck here at work for another two hours.... *cursing*
[quote]
On 2013-08-12 22:43, Platt wrote:
I love the mentalism effects here. However I can't for the life of me understand why you'd ever do a color changing effect with this. For those who own it, doesn't that just point right to the method? You've got white tic tacs in a partially obscured box. You tell spec to pour some tic tacs out behind their back. They bring forward red tic tacs in their hand. Are they really to believe they poured out white tic tacs behind their back and the mints turned red while in their hand? Hard to believe this one was road tested on intelligent humans.
[/quote]

This thing totally ROCKS. Been using this last weekend and I for one liked the color changing effect and you won't believe the reactions you get. One spec thought mints were heat activated LOL. Fully examinable straight away so nothing to suspect etc. This is a keeper for me.

M P
[quote]
On 2013-08-13 03:36, Failed Magician wrote:
It's here!! But I'm stuck here at work for another two hours.... *cursing*
[/quote]

Just tell the boss you have an urgent matter to attend to. You need to watch the DVD and then get started blowing people out of their minds!
I was getting the most enjoyment out of the business card prediction variation. I was using 4 white, 2 green and love the triple fold and two step reveal. Also a great way to get a card into someones hands.

Glen
I like the business card version too but if the spectator doesn't take all the mints, you are "wrong".. I have to think an out for this case :(
The out is ingenious and explained on the dvd! Check it again. :) I have used it with much success... It's almost better than if they do pour them all out!

Glen
Hi All,

THANKS for the great comments and fantastic feedback! Glad to hear everybody is enjoying Mintalist. It's a great "utility" device that allows you to do tons of different effects, mental or magic wise so the more creative you are, the more effects you're able to create with Mintalist. That being said; I already received some great ideas from users so we might throw them together at some point in a PDF for Mintalist owners...

Alex DLF, Regarding the business card version, both spectator and magician take mints out behind their back...so there's your "out" -it's build into the routine ;)

Please contact me if you have any questions etc. I'm happy to help were I can.

Joy,

Peter
You just beat me to it, Glen!

P
I just missed something on the DVD so ! I was playing with my gimmick while watching the explanations ^^' the more I play with it the more I enjoy it, definitely a must buy.
[quote]
[/quote]

I did a stupid mistake. Before I even fill it up with the mints, I locked it out :P

So I carefully peeled off the brand and it is all good now.
Nice to see that everything is fixed now :) your thoughts on this ?
Ok, words of truth, this is one of the smartest and devious props I've ever purchased. The DVD itself reminds me a lot of Strip. They show you everything so all bases are covered.

Thanks Eggink and Uday for releasing this one for us :)
For $45 this better be something very different at clever than Daniel Garcia's effect on his 5 download. That was clever and seems like it could do 4 outta 5 of these effects. Plus you can make the gimmick easily.
Well, Mintalist is not only devious and innocent, but I truly respect the craftmanship of Peter and Uday in ensuring the gimmick is always at top notch condition.

While the offered routines are not many, but just reading and sharing from people in the Café, will give you more ideas and creativity.
Without giving anything away, this method is a LOT better than the one from Garcia, it means that the box can be examined ! A thing which couldn't be done with Garcia version. I used to use this one before, very clever and easy to make but Peter bring this thing to an all new level ! And as FailedMagician said, the craftmanship is.. Wow ! So small and so clever and so well made :) for 45$, you know what you are paying for !
Can we share our ideas of routines here or have to be in SS?
Just received this and I absolutely love it. One of the best purchases I have made in a while. Someone told me that they googled the outcome trying to figure out how it's done. He was thinking about it hours after I showed him. Sweet!
[quote]
On 2013-08-13 19:57, Failed Magician wrote:
Can we share our ideas of routines here or have to be in SS?
[/quote]

Yes please move some of this discussion to Secret Sessions. I would hate to have someone comment about a "trick" I bought when I perform the best effect of 2013! Yes that is right, I said it and its true. Wish everything I purchased was this good. I was otw to my other gig tonight and suddenly remembered I left my candy at home. I almost turned around but was running late.

Decomposing Mints
Secret Sessions Link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=520471&forum=37
Quote:

Sir,
Please write to me at udayjadugar@gmail.com. You just pay 5$ postage. I will send you a new one. I am very sorry to know your problem. We have thourouly checked every unit before sending them. Door for the inconvenience caused by us.
Uday
This just got "Worker Of The Week" on the WPR
Question: Can it be a diff amount of mints everytime you perform it??
Yes, different amounts, different color combinations too.

Heck, you can even use different brand of mints too, as long as the size is not much different to Tic Tac.
[quote]
On 2013-08-14 12:30, Failed Magician wrote:
Yes, different amounts, different color combinations too.

Heck, you can even use different brand of mints too, as long as the size is not much different to Tic Tac.
[/quote]

Thank you.
I just posted my latest performance in SS and what happened to a potentially a disasterous situation.
Got mine today and I’ll admittedly have to say that this is [i]very[/i] clever as to the ‘working’ of the gimmick (which does indeed work like a charm). I followed the instructions implicitly, and even went so far as to not handle the mints except with cotton gloves (seeing that they are sugar) for fear of them absorbing moisture from my hands, and the possibility of them sticking in any way. [i]Sorry, but I’m trying to be discrete here and do not wish to divulge anything.[/i]

Alter two hours of practicing this (with the aforementioned cotton gloves), I’ve come to the conclusion that this is [i]totally[/i] unreliable beyond belief! I would venture to say that only about 5% of the times have I poured out the correct amount of mints into my hand while practicing this as they, well... once again, I don’t wish to divulge anything here. If perhaps it is a matter of moisture in the air, which I can understand, and I may be wrong, one can obviously in [i]no[/i] way possibly control that factor. Granted, they constantly, and I mean [i]constantly[/i], gave outs as to this possibility happening on the DVD (which should give you a ‘warning’) but, in my honest opinion, and after two hours of practicing this the ‘outs’, as it were, to this happening are just much [i]too[/i] numerous to be acceptable. I’ll be placing mine up for sale shortly, albeit the ‘gimmick, and how it works is flawless, and quite ingenious. As a matter of fact, there are several up for sale already. Bottom line, and after over a year of not purchasing any new magic tricks, I’m quite disappointed with giving in and purchasing this. There are just [i]too[/i] many chances of the mints, shall we say, of the spectator not pouring out the ‘right’ amount. Just my honest opinion... ;)
Just got mine today, too, gaffed, and I agree with what you say 100%.

I have to admit that I got this thinking that that might be the case. After all, the container is designed to NOT let a whole bunch out at one time.

I'm not sure if I will actually try to use this yet. I would like to for sure, but I'm going to have to think about it. I do feel like you can get the spec to do the right thing MOST of the time if you follow Eggink's instructions, but MOST of the time is not good enough for me.

:bat:
[quote]
On 2013-08-17 22:00, BatsMagic wrote:
Just got mine today, too, gaffed, and I agree with what you say 100%.

I have to admit that I got this thinking that that might be the case. After all, the container is designed to NOT let a whole bunch out at one time.

I'm not sure if I will actually try to use this yet. I would like to for sure, but I'm going to have to think about it. I do feel like you can get the spec to do the right thing MOST of the time if you follow Eggink's instructions, but MOST of the time is not good enough for me.

:bat:
[/quote]

Well, it’s good to hear I’m not alone on my thoughts with this as I thought perhaps it was just me. As you pointed out, there is a fault, and in my opinion, a [i]terrible[/i] one as to the mints not falling out freely. What is one to do? Tell the spectator to freely pour out an amount of mints into their hand but, do so [i]vigorously[/i]! Sorry… but this just is [i]not[/i] going to cut it for me given the off chance, which seems to happen more often than not, that the full amount of mints will not go into the spectators hand. Like I previously said, I think it’s a very clever gimmick, and quite devious as to anyone finding anything whatsoever after you hand them the container of mints and my kudos to the producers. However, if I feel that a ‘gimmick’, no matter how ingenious that gimmick may be will not work, or perhaps better put, will not perform its intended [i]function[/i] [b]100%[/b] of the time I want nothing to do with it, and it will never leave my home.
I will take this to SS and give you some feedback. Too much info here on this IMO :)
Watch the DVD, Eggink teaches outs for every situation. I've been receiving GREAT reactions with this and not even once I had to use an "out". Maybe you put too many mints as prediction inside?

M P
[quote]
On 2013-08-18 14:02, M Pitcher wrote:
Watch the DVD, Eggink teaches outs for every situation. I've been receiving GREAT reactions with this and not even once I had to use an "out". [i]Maybe you put too many mints as prediction inside?[/i]

M P
[/quote]

Nope… I never placed more than 9 in. Perhaps any discussion and input as to the technicalities on the ‘workings ‘of this would be better discussed in the Secret Sessions forum. People try to help, which is great, but before you know it, with that well intentioned help comes, at times, people unintentionally revealing a tad too much. ;)

[url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=520471&forum=37]HERE[/url]
Sorry to hear that, Gaffed.

I haven't actually tried mine because I can't buy Tic-Tac in my country. For some stupid reasons, the only color they have here is the BOX. YES, the box will come in orange, yellow or red color, but the freaking mints are still in white. Well, different flavor will have a broken white color.

But still, they can't be used. So I don't know when I can use this. Unless someone in the U.S. will be kindly to help me getting some Tic-Tacs. Blue or red are great. As I have actually had some great routines with this...
Message: Posted by: thorsten dankworth (Aug 19, 2013 02:25AM)
@ gaffed
I have the same problems. Although if you give it some good shakes, not all mints allways fall out - and I just used 5.
It's the reason I never purchased this effect. I know from years of experience how difficult it is to shake more than a couple of mints out in one go. If tic tacs were round you'd probably never get this problem ..
These boxes are available in WH Smiths in the UK.

A small tip. Use any colour other than white, then you'll be able to see any leftovers easily.

best,
Sean
[quote]
On 2013-08-17 21:24, gaffed wrote:
Got mine today and I’ll admittedly have to say that this is [i]very[/i] clever as to the ‘working’ of the gimmick (which does indeed work like a charm). I followed the instructions implicitly, and even went so far as to not handle the mints except with cotton gloves (seeing that they are sugar) for fear of them absorbing moisture from my hands, and the possibility of them sticking in any way. [i]Sorry, but I’m trying to be discrete here and do not wish to divulge anything.[/i]

Alter two hours of practicing this (with the aforementioned cotton gloves), I’ve come to the conclusion that this is [i]totally[/i] unreliable beyond belief! I would venture to say that only about 5% of the times have I poured out the correct amount of mints into my hand while practicing this as they, well... once again, I don’t wish to divulge anything here. If perhaps it is a matter of moisture in the air, which I can understand, and I may be wrong, one can obviously in [i]no[/i] way possibly control that factor. Granted, they constantly, and I mean [i]constantly[/i], gave outs as to this possibility happening on the DVD (which should give you a ‘warning’) but, in my honest opinion, and after two hours of practicing this the ‘outs’, as it were, to this happening are just much [i]too[/i] numerous to be acceptable. I’ll be placing mine up for sale shortly, albeit the ‘gimmick, and how it works is flawless, and quite ingenious. As a matter of fact, there are several up for sale already. Bottom line, and after over a year of not purchasing any new magic tricks, I’m quite disappointed with giving in and purchasing this. There are just [i]too[/i] many chances of the mints, shall we say, of the spectator not pouring out the ‘right’ amount. Just my honest opinion... ;)
[/quote]

Just received this today, so I haven't performed it yet. But I'm impressed with the workings. Very clever gimmick. I'm sure it isn't absolutely 100% that the spectator will pour the correct number of mints . But I found Titanus's variation to be not so much an 'out' but a brilliant solution. In some ways it seems almost more impossible if you perform his variation and the spec doesn't take the 'right' amount. Do you not agree, Gaffed?
Has anyone tried using sugar free tic tacs ?

Also if you ask your spectator to give it a good couple of shakes , so they get some in there hand ensures most of the required mints will fall out.

Here's a link to sugar free Tic Tacs but I am sure they will be available in other places to :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015Y60XG

Best Wishes

Mark
I am curious about the sugar free as well. They may be less stickey.

Whether the correct amount comes out or not, it has no impact whatsoever on the end results, that being great mind boggling reactions. I was doing some effects tonight and someone who had seen the mintalist yelled out "you bring the tic tacs with ya?" I unfortunately left them in my car.

And what was mentioned above, darker color mints are good to have. For insurance pour out a few afterwards (if unsure) and eat them doing a quick subtraction. No one will know anything other then they can eat theirs also and also, they are real live mints.
Just realized the 'big pack' sticker is way too small for the box. It would have been nice for Peter to include a box of tic tacs that match the size of the included box. Anyone know where to find one? I didn't see anything at WH Smiths.
Platt,

Save your time looking at stateside stores. No one sells the larger size, you got to get them from UK. I tried Ebay as well and there are some on Ebay.UK.

However, I did find generics at Walgreen at a great price of 2 regular size boxes for a buck so there may be some generic larger boxes at a dollar store etc. The generic mints also came to be more per box then Tacs.

Decomposing Candy Like Sugar Rush

PS: OT: Sugar Rush hersey now found in smaller bags at Walmart counters. :kewl:
I found '100 pack' aka tic tac big box from London. Is that the one? Peter Eggink?
Yes, if you are wanting to change the label or refil with tic tacs just buy the 100's as they are the same size
Just spent $30 for two 100 packs sent from London. Very disappointing Mr. Eggink. Tic Tacs are, of course, available in the states, but not in that container. How much research could you have done if you didn't know that? And if you did know that, it's unethical that you didn't make it clear in the advertising and description. I've now paid $70 for this trick. Just shameless, guys. If you live in the states and are considering purchasing this, know you'll end up paying a stiff price and have a long wait to perform it. Or you could use the highly suspect generic sticker provided. You also will very likely have a faulty gimmick. I normally wouldn't mention this, but I'm so disappointed in Peter, that I feel I must. The 'bump' on the plastic which is a key part of the functioning was badly misplaced making it nearly impossible to unlock the mechanism and make it examinable. Because I wasn't locking it in practice, I didn't realize that until now. I had to break it off and re-glue it for it to function properly. Uday, Peter, potentially great new release. You nearly made a new fan. Next time do a little more homework.
There is no problem getting the 100 packs in Vancouver, Canada - I just picked a couple at my local drug store - exactly the size needed.
In Europe, well in France, no problems too, definately happy with Mintalist.
I'm in the states. I bought this last week. I like it. I really don't have to much of a concern with the box. yes- it's different but being that there are so many Dollar Stores around- people easily believe that this was bought at one of them. Though- it would be nice to have the larger tic tac container.

RNK
[quote]
On 2013-08-23 12:10, RNK wrote:
I'm in the states. I bought this last week. I like it. I really don't have to much of a concern with the box. yes- it's different but being that there are so many Dollar Stores around- people easily believe that this was bought at one of them. Though- it would be nice to have the larger tic tac container.

RNK
[/quote]

I ended up buying a bunch of boxes. So I'll take one for the team and sell them for a low price. I'll let you know when they come in. They say "Refreshing little lifts" on the sticker. But what are you going to do?
Platt, is there any picture I can look at? TicTac is quite uncommon in here, and for sure we don't have anything that come in the same size as the Mintalist box.

So I'm interested in those boxes.
[quote]
On 2013-08-23 12:26, Platt wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-08-23 12:10, RNK wrote:

RNK
[/quote]

I ended up buying a bunch of boxes. So I'll take one for the team and sell them for a low price. I'll let you know when they come in. They say "Refreshing little lifts" on the sticker. But what are you going to do?
[/quote]

Great Thanks Platt!
I am pretty picky about my props but after using this a while, I am pretty much confident in the title on the label. As RNK mentioned, there are dollar stores that sell different mints. Walgreens sells Great B***t mints with a shark on the cover. They are more rounded and I did not notice this when I purchased them. Of course I would like the official label but until then, I will make due with the present container.

I just overlook the other small stuff now and get the most out of this little prop miracle.
This will be back in stock tomorrow at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/collections/new-products/products/mintalist-dvd-and-gimmick-by-peter-eggink-dvd

I personally have had a lot of fun with this trick. I don't like to do the colour change mints as I think it makes it more of a magic effect rather than an 'Impromptu' looking piece of mentalism!

Magik1
I am lovin it. :kewl:
It was reviews by Jheff at Jheff's Marketplace [i]"I really like Peter Eggink's design and this is a handy utility gimmick that one can have in your arsenal. So, given the fact that I favor utility gimmicks, I must say that this clever item certainly is recommended.[/i]

I love this effect.

Penguin has Mintalist:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3651

Zombie Magic's preferred routine:

I cary mixed color mints and and I knew how how many they would take and what colors. BAMF! Killer, killer, killer!

Please don't ruin this trick. If you need to know how to present mentalism so that they think a miracle just happened in their hands, there are many sources.

Read Maskelyne, take Peter Turner's Penguin lecture, or take a Docc Hilford Doccinar, but don't pass up carrying a stunning piece of organic mentalism in your pocket!
Dittos, please do not present this with a half hearted lame presentation. Give it the justice it deserves! If new to mentalism, practice, practice then practice some more!

Decomposing Theatre Performance
I read the whole thread and I'm still on the fence if I should get mintalist or not.
I'm asking everyone who has the effect...people who had problems at first...did you all solve them and perform the effect?
And those who liked it immediately...do you still like and perform the effect?
How are the reactions? Presumed you have a solid performance, do you blow them away or are the reactions "just good"?
I still carry and use Mintalist. No extra pocket space is taken because I already carried tic tacs. Put thought into it and don't use it for a "magic trick". It's like using cards. Have them pick a card and you find it....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Have them think of a card and you divine it....you now walk on water;-)

Same goes for Mintalist. Put some theater into it and you have an "organic" miracle to perform.

The DVD is very thorough, so watch all of it. I have friends that watch the first 10 minutes of a DVD and think they know a product and make all their decision based on that.
[quote]
On 2013-09-16 11:13, macc wrote:
I read the whole thread and I'm still on the fence if I should get mintalist or not.
I'm asking everyone who has the effect...people who had problems at first...did you all solve them and perform the effect?
And those who liked it immediately...do you still like and perform the effect?
How are the reactions? Presumed you have a solid performance, do you blow them away or are the reactions "just good"?
[/quote]

Reactions are really good with this. I finally pulled mine out after a month of having it and I was vey surprised of how good the reactions are with this. Made me question why I didn't pull it out sooner, lol!!

RNK
Message: Posted by: Harry the magic man (Sep 16, 2013 11:23AM)
I bought this from penguin magic with their 5 for $99 deal and hadn't gotten around to using it yet ( I kinda ate most of the ticktacks) but my magicalness wouldn't stop being so magical at the end of the routine. Does anyone have any advice that they could pm me or tell it to me in code on the forum. Thanks in advance.
Thanks zombie and RNK. I'll order it next week.
Looking forward to practice and perform mintalist. :)
I was order it, and today I was received,
I just say MINTALIST IS AWESOME, peter is smart creator ;)
**Warning**

I had a small problem with my gimmick.

NOTE: MY BAD. NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT.

I just got this and I am still practicing but I LOVE THIS.

Here is my warning and questions:

I was overzealous in the reset. When you reset do so gently and from the CENTER not the corner! I blew out my corner and mildly damaged my gimmick.

Now I am having some difficulties with the functioning and I need to press lightly on the gimmick ends to reduce center tention before the examination phase of the routine.

Again, this is not a problem with the product but a problem with the end user (me).

On a more positive note...

Has anyone started to develop some more routines for this great effect?
I had problems with mine, too.

My spare gimmick was broken right out of the package.

I don't know why, but it's also very difficult to get the box into the ready to use setup, and then get it back into the examinable phase.

But it is a very nice idea, and I will use it once it is reliable.
Hi Jack,

Send me an email so I can help you with any issues you might have -these can be resolved easily ;) I'm also happy to replace your spare gimmick at zero cost.

Peter
This is so good
I use green and white tic tacs and predict how many of each colour they will tip into their hand
A nice variation instead of just how many of one colour
This is so good
I use green and white tic tacs and predict how many of each colour they will tip into their hand
A nice variation instead of just how many of one colour
Message: Posted by: Harry the magic man (Oct 3, 2013 06:08PM)
I love this and performed it. Got great reactions but I think I might have a faulty gimmick so at the end of the routine it was extremely hard to "clean up" and I think the added stress broke the magic bit and the extra one too. Major bummer.
Hey guys

everyone is still talking about mints? it's really incredible to see, how many magicians are interested in tricks with sweet little mints.

let's see, perhaps I will call my next release: totally crazy mints?

I'm working on a trick called: the incredible levitation of the haunted mint and the ultimate color changing mint.

what do you thing guys?
Mine was broken out of the box. I griped about here on TheMagicCafe and that Peter Egg guy immediately sent me a replacement... FROM NETHERLANDS! Now it seems to be working fine. Thank you Peter for your excellent customer support!
[quote]
On 2013-10-03 20:16, rasmus wrote:
Hey guys

everyone is still talking about mints? it's really incredible to see, how many magicians are interested in tricks with sweet little mints.

let's see, perhaps I will call my next release: totally crazy mints?

I'm working on a trick called: the incredible levitation of the haunted mint and the ultimate color changing mint.

what do you thing guys?
[/quote]

I'm a thread head, so I lean towards levitation of the haunted mint!
Peter, did you get my emails?? Need those tips on getting the gimmick to work more smoothly and info on ordering a second box. Thanks!
Its great...