(Close Window)
Topic: Where do you load from?
I'm working on a six final load sequence for my formal Cups and Balls routine. This is only for formal/parlour and formal/close-up.

I'm wondering where you all work from in regard to your final loads. I need to load four from the left, and two from the right. They are tennis ball sized. I'm currently using a rear belt puch for the left, but I need a dropper type of apparatus for the right. Any dropper ideas? I've tried a sock, but sometimes the ball falls out prematurely.

I look forward to your ideas.

Eric Grossman
Use two billiard ball holders (wire loop type), one for each ball side by side. Hang 'em on your pants so they stay in place as the jacket loads move a bit.

What kind of wardrobe? Like in photo above? :bat:
Pete,
Thanks. No, I wear a black suit. The jacket is unbuttoned.
If I hang them from my belt, will a jacket cover them?

Eric :cups:
Sporting stores sell tennis ball holders that go on your waist. These work great for your non dominant hand. I shouldn't have told you this one, gosh darn it.
Cheers- Chris
Chris,
The cat's out of the bag now. Tell me more about these. Can they attach to a belt, do they hang vertically or wear horizontally? Any other info would be great.

Eric
Hi Eric,

The tennis ball holders attach to your belt, and some you can just clip anywhere. Take a look at this picture:

http://www.goldenrescue.org/products/tennis_ball_holder.jpg

That's what they are. Good luck!

Mike.
I have two little dogs now but when I had my pair of Danes, a holder like that would have been suicide. :lol:
Great link, Mike. Thanks.

Eric
No prob Eric, glad to help.

Good luck!

Mike. :wavey:
You didn't mention if you were standing or sitting. If I had to guess, I would say standing. I load from a visible pouch that hangs on my side. It carries my props, like my cups and wand. I also wear a gibercie that can accomodate more if I need it, but I haven't yet.

When I am sitting, I stash my loads about my body and during the show I load my lap with as much as it will hold and then get the rest from my pockets as per the routine.

I am designing a lap bag that will have a place for loads along with decks of cards and other props, plus a way to keep things from rolling off your lap.

Kirk Grodske
Get a T*pit..