(Close Window)
Topic: Show Cues or Ultimate Control
Hi everybody,

I'm in the need to buy an audio control device for my one man show. I've tried to check the topics concerning this and found first the "Ultimate Control". Yesterday I skipped aswell through the topics of "Show Cues" which seems interesting aswell. Those two would fit best my need, but I'm hesitant to decide which one to buy.

I've found a lot of technical information about the "Ultimate Control", but not that much about "Show Cues". Could someone who has used both of them tell me which one is best, please ?

For your information I don't own an iphone, ipad or ipod.

The most important thing to me would be to have the device work easily without using blank tracks between the music tracks for the show, and that it accepts a lot of different music formats. An easy way to "jungle" with the track order if the show needs to be re-arranged is important aswell for me.

Since it's a big investement I'm always hesitant and try to balance the positive and negative points of a product.

Any advice and review from the tech guys here and of course the one that used both of them ?

Thank you very much in advance for your insight.

Oliver.
I don't know anything about "Show Cues" so I can't comment about that. But I personally use, and highly recommend the "Ultimate Control." It's self-contained, so you don't need an iPhone, iPad or iPod. And you never have to create any "silence tracks."

The greatest features for me are:

1. You can pre-set the volume for each individual track.

2. At the press of a button, your currently playing music will fade out, and the device will automatically set itself up in "pause" mode, ready to start the next track on your playlist (at its pre-set volume level). Marvelous!

Arthur Stead
http://www.arthurstead.com
Oliver,

I'm going to add to the confusion. I am using OneTrack (a $5 iPhone, iPod, Ipad app) with an iJet Remote (the same remote used with Show Cues. It will also do:

1.) Preset volumes for each individual track

2.) Auto fade out at the push of a button (the length of the fade is user adjustable)

Here's a thread on OneTrack:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=508547&forum=11&8

All three (OneTrack, Ultimate Control, Show Cues) have great reviews. For me, it came down to OneTrack doing everything I need at the lowest price. If you don't have an iPod/iPhone/iPad, the costs are $5 for the app., $149 for a refurbished iPod Touch (less if you buy a used one), and about $30 for the iJet remote.
Aloha Oliver,

1.) Preset volumes for each individual track
2.) Auto fade out at the push of a button (the length of the fade is user adjustable)

Show Cues will do what the others do and a whole lot more. Read what some of the top names in magic have said about Show Cues: http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm

We also have, coming any day, a remote control with a user programmable button, a magnetic remote control and we constantly put out free App updates with over 117 features and improvements in the last year.

It does cost more but you get what you pay for and how important is your show music to you?

Carl
I have not used Ultimate Control, but I've been using Showcues for the last two months, and after over two dozen shows, I think it's awesome. Simple to use and worry free. I couldn't be happier with it. Totally worth the money, to me.
Thank you everybody so far for your replies.

Michael,

yes you add to the confusion... ;) Anyway I'll have a look on this product too. Budget is important aswell, but if I need to, I'll even go for something that would be a little bit more expensive.

Carl,

Even though you're product looks very interesting, I'm looking for more technical details, than reviews from some of the top names in magic. I know, I could trust their words, but, as said, I'm looking for more informations about how it works, like an instruction sheet. My second issue is the fact that I don't own an iPhone or simular. I did try to find a used one today on the internet (it seems I have to get at least an iPhone 4), as suggested by Michael aswell, but the less expensive iPhone4 I've found was $220.00 ... I still have to look at amazon to see...

Michael and Carl,

Do you have any links where I could find a less expensive one ? And does it have to be an apple iPhone, iPod or iPad or does any type of smartphone would do the job ? By the way, which generation of apple product is needed at least in each case how many GB ?

Please feel free to PM if needed.

Thank you very much again for your precious help,

Oliver.
Just three words..... SHOW CUES ROCKS!!
Show Cues & OneTrack are iOS apps so they only work on Apple products. The place to find the least expensive iPods is the Apple website in the refurbished section:
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_touch/8gb

They also sell refurbished iPads:
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Apple's refurbished units get a new case and a new battery and they have the same warranty as brand new ones. Unless you really need the phone, an iPod Touch or iPad will do what you need. (Please note that the 5th Gen. IPod Touch, the IPhone 5, iPad Mini, & the New iPad (4th Gen) need an adapter to work with the iJet remote because they have the newer Lightning connector & not the older 30-pin connector.)

I recommend at least a 4th gen. IPod Touch. I can't tell you about iPhones nor the full size iPads.
Yes the refurb site is great as Michael suggested, great deals. I also bought an iPod Touch 4th generation on ebay for about $100. Oliver, if you PM me or email me your email address, I can send you a Show Cues manual if that will help. Thanks!
I highly recommend a preowned first gen IPad since it has a larger screen size and you can see the tracks from further away.

Buy this Ijet model it's RF.
http://www.buyijet.com/remotes/inav-boss-v2-black-remote-ijet.html

I recommend the OneTrack App it's only $5.00 and you can see the info about it from Michaels link.

If for some reason you are Not happy with the $5.00 app, I will personally refund you $5.00 with proof of purchase.

G
Thanks Gary Dunn and Rimbaud!
Oliver, I know you don't own and iPhone or iPad so I will also let you know Show Cues for Android should be out this fall, possibly sooner.

Carl
This is the same iJet remote that gothike recommended but comes with a belt clip rather than a lanyard:
http://www.buyijet.com/remotes/inav-boss-v2-black-remote-ijet-1.html

If you don't want to keep the remote in your pocket, the belt clip might come in handy.
Wow,

So much information. I have to read and think about all this. Thank you so much.

Carl,

I'll send you a PM with my mail address. THanks in advance.

Another question, that would come to mind are the wire-connexion needed to use it with a classic type of mixing table. I'll look through the links to see if I can find something to be used.

Michael,

Thanks for the hint about the belt clipped remote control and all the links. I'll have look.

gothike,

Thank you for the information and for your "deal". ;) I think I can trust you and even if I wouldn't be happy, don't worry it's only $5.00 . So I won't bother.

Thanks again to all of you. I'll take the time to study the differences in requirements of material, working and prices. If needed I'll get back to you.

Oliver.
Gothike, I really like the OneTrack APP. I purchased on your recommendation. Sean puts all his details on his web site and I like that. However, Sean on his site onetrackapp.com says that you should have IOS 5 in order for the APP to work with iJet. So, while OneTrack probably works by itself with other versions of IOS, Sean recommends IOS 5 (and later as it becomes available) for use with iJet.

http://seanbergin.com/OneTrack/OneTrack.html

Sean @ OneTrack:

Can I operate OneTrack from a Remote Control?

OneTrack supports the iJet Nav Remote Control and other remote controls that send standard music control information over the dock connector.

This needs iOS 5 or later to function correctly. We are working on support for the Alesis IO Dock and the AirTurn Bluetooth pedals.

:)
For some reason the white iNav Boss V2 is cheaper:

http://www.buyijet.com/remotes/inav-boss-v2-black-remote-ijet-4.html
This is the iJet remote I use with my iPod Nano:

http://www.buyijet.com/remotes/ijet-nav-boss-white-wireless-control-for-ipod-iphone-1.html
Hi guys,

It's me again...lol Searching through in the internet, I can't find the iJet Nav remote control with the auto-fade feature using a button. On everything I've found (your links included), nothing is marked about this control in the features.

Could someone please give me a link ?

Another question comes to mind : Can someone use edited music from Audiacity and normal CD tracks with those applications ? If yes, do they need to be converted and to what kind of ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Oliver.
Oliver,

Show Cues has a special remote made by iJet, it does do a perfect fade and queue. We have a new model that will feature a programmable button that you could set to do any one of a number of things.
We also have a magnetic or ankle switch coming out soon. For Show Cues remote questions see Shawn Popp at conjurgingcabinet.com.
Oliver,

The fade is not part of the remote. It's in the app. For OneTrack, once you have it set to fade (in the settings), you just press the skip forward button. (Double arrow forward.)

Here are some videos you should watch on YouTube detailing the use of OneTrack (You'll want to watch them in the order I've listed them in so everything makes sense):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7xYo5Rfvk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACWyHq71rEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TJ4XETUI68

Also, look for a private message from me.

Michael
Oliver,

It's a software fade with OneTrack. You push Next Track button in the IJet remote, it fades the music and cues the next track. It also fades when you press the Pause button but it does not cue to the next track, only pauses on the same track.

App also has individual track volumes, delay start. Drag drop playlists, custom playlist and other features.

When you drag music into ITunes to upload into the iPad/iPod it converts the music to a format playable on the device. It also rips audio from CDs.

Now about your mixer, I have no idea what model you have so I couldn't tell you what connector to get.

G
Oliver,

As requested I emailed you the Show Cues manual so you can see all its features. You also have my email address if you have any questions.

Aloha,
Carl
Michael, thank you for your straight answer to my question, the video links and the PM.

Thank you gothike for answering my question straight ahead.

Carl, thank you for the information and your mail. Do you have a link for the specific remote control you're talking about ?

Thank you again for all your help. See you once I've read and watched everything.

Oliver.
My pleasure Oliver, the link for the Show Cues remote is http://www.conjuringcabinet.com

Carl
I have what sounds like a dumb question, but I don't know and all my reading the ads don't say anything.

Do these devices like the iPod Touch need monthly service fees to operate. Or if they do, can they operate without being connected to the Internet. I ask, because I do not want to sign up for any yearly contract deals, or have monthly payments for service.

Thanks for all you guys great knowledge.
Hey Bill, great question. It's exactly what I need to know, too. Because aside from my Ultimate Control mp3 player (w/remote control) and my iJet remote controller for my iPod Nano, I am completely gadget-free. (i.e. I have no iPhone or Ipad or "iTouch").

So guys, just to reiterate Bill's question, if you use these devices for controlling your music, do you need a plan or contract from the phone company?
That's a great question Bill ! Thank you for posting it.

Me too, I'm curious to know if you have to pay just once to get and use these applications whenever and for how long ever you like to, or if you need to pay a monthly fee or everytime you use it.

Do these applications work independently from the internet or do you need to be connected to the internet to programm the playlists and to use it for every show ?

And what about when the application is going to have an updated version, do you need to pay something aswell to get the newest version ?

Oh my dear, all thoses questions... lol

Thank you again,

Oliver.
You don't have to sign up for any services to use these music apps with any of the iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone.) You use iTunes on your computer to work with the apps (iTunes is free.) The only reason to sign up with a cellular phone company is if you want to use an iPhone and do want it to work as a phone or you buy an iPad that has cellular capability (to connect to the Internet.)

The iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad all have built-in wifi.

So far, I haven't had any app charge for upgrades but it's possible when they go from one version to another, they might. For instance, OneTrack is on version 3.2. There was no charge to update for version 3.1 to 3.2. It's possible there might be a charge when it goes to version 4. You would have to check with the developer to find out if there will paid updates in the future. I'm sure Carl will let you know how it works with Show Cues.

You do not have to be connected to the Internet to program the playlists or use the music apps for your show. In fact, I don't even turn on my iPod's wifi on. (Leaving the wifi on will cause the battery to drain faster.) When there's an update to an app, I connect it to my Mac and sync it to iTunes. The upgrades will then be applied (if I've downloaded them to my computer through iTunes.)

I hope that helps.
OneTrack is a flat fee and one time only price of $5.00. It's also the first App of its kind in the Apple AppStore, other apps are "knock offs".

The exception to the knock off is the app PlayMyQ which I asked them to add one feature to work for our purposes.

The Ijet remote should cost you less than $30.00.

The hardware, IPad, IPhone, Itouch is also a flat fee. All the units work on Wifi internet but some have the optional fee of 3G (wireless internet) if wanted. 3G is not necessary. Separate and different signals.

The hardware above have a bottom connector (30 pin connector) to USB to sync and upload songs via the software ITunes. Be careful and verify that your hardware has a 30 pin connector and not the new lighting connector (iPad 3, iPad mini, iPhone 5g and newer devices that Apple will release). Currently the Ijet remote only works with the 30 pin connector as of this post date.

Oliver, My advice as stated above, buy a IPad (first gen), the Ijet remote from buyijet.com and the OneTrack App to control the music. Then go to YouTube and watch tutorials on ITunes and syncing music.

Arthur, which Nano do you own? Does it have the ios6 and the AppStore or is it a classic Nano?

G
And what Michael Messing shared...
All updates for Show Cues are free and we are constantly updating with over 117 improvements or features added in the first year already.

Also there are over 1600 music player apps in the App store and thousands of almost every kind of App. They are not "knock offs", it is an open market. One Track was not the first music player as Apple created the first and bundled it with your device. The "knock off" statement is just mis-informed, its like say Ford made the first automobile and all others are "knock offs", silly statement, its an open market place.

Carl
The first music player was a wax cylinder by Edison.

Now a music player for certain task, application and certain look and features is a different story. OneTrack was created and available on the AppStore first. Not sure how your partner Shawn Pops came up with the idea, per your user manual.
Thanks very much to the experts, I asked because I had a cell phone and it would not turn on for use unless it connected to the wireless network. I did not want to invest $200 and then find out, I needed to sign a contact for a yearly connection for additional $200 a year.

It has been very informative to help the members that want to add the very important feature of a magic show with music.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Dang! Just checked the iPad refurbished listing and there is no 1st Gen being offered. Also iPads start at double the price of refurbed iPod models.

I desire to keep as simple a possible to reduce the learning curve on these devices.

Also does the statement of iOS 4, mean that it is compatible with iOS 5 and iOS 6, and any future iOS upgrades? Or is it best to only buy a iOS 4 model?

I hope I am not getting iOS 4 and next Gen 4 mixed up.
Can One Track, Show Cues, and Ultimate Control all be downloaded to an iPod Touch so any of the 3 apps can be used at any one time?

It would be good test which works best for each situation.
Bill, Show Cues can be downloaded to an iPod Touch running iOS 6 or higher. I believe you will need an iPod Touch 4th Generation or higher to run iOS 6.

Carl
Creating first is not an issue and when I first wrote Show Cues, I had never heard of One Track. Customers don't want the first, they want the best!
McDonalds was the first big fast food hamburger chain, I prefer Wendy's. I see no point it who was first. Its an open market and there were a lot of Apps first in their category on the App store that were surpassed by someone making a better App. I can tell you that Show Cues is the top grossing music player and the only one of its kind in the top charts of the music category. I can also say, from my customer list and testimonials, that most top working pro's in magic use Show Cues, there is a reason for that!
Bill,

You are confusing the iOS versions with the iPod generations. The 4th Gen. iPod Touch will run iOS 6 which is the operating system needed for Show Cues. OneTrack will run on iOS 5 and iOS 6. What that means to you is that you'll want to purchase a 4th Gen. iPod Touch or newer.

Carl,

I know you've been pushed on the issue of OneTrack being first but that's really irrelevant. I know you are very proud of Show Cues (rightfully so) but let's keep things in perspective. Show Cues cost 14 times as much as OneTrack. If the same number of people bought OneTrack and Show Cues, the gross sales would be much, much higher for Show Cues. It's much more relevant to point out how many have purchased Show Cues and are happy with it.
Michael Messing, thank you very much, I now understand, and it is about time I take the dive. I have put this off way to long.

All you guys are tops and this is the best help given.
You are correct Michael, being first is irrelevant. People are willing to pay more for Show Cues because it is worth it! All the 5 star reviews and many testimonials suggest lots of happy customers.
What makes ShowCues so much better in your opinion. You can say it is better all you want but unless you explain what makes it better, I can not take your word for it or just because pros use it. Pros like to spend money on new things. So side by side, what is the pros and cons on both?
OneTrack also has a near 5 star average rating and glowing reviews from many professional performers. Some are also big names in magic.

OneTrack meets the needs of 95% of all magicians. Now OneTrack can increase its price to $90 and spend the extra cash on marketing and putting an ad on Magic Magazine but the decision was made to offer the App to the benefit of the community for $5.00.
Powermagic, what makes Show Cues much better is all the additional features, cue sheets, individual track settings, so many options on how you can play your music. We also have a special remote control made by iJet exclusively for Show Cues, with programable buttons and magnetic switch coming soon. You can read about a lot of them on the website and facebook page as well as read the reviews as well as 5 star ratings on iTunes. Pro's don't just spend money on anything, they spend money on the best products for their shows. Look at the biggest names in magic around the world listed on our reviews page and read what they had to say or ask them. There are a lot more names to add but I have not yet updated that page, its coming soon. We are adding new features almost monthly and put in countless hours of work on the App every week. Show Cues costs more because we priced it at what it is worth and many of our customers tell us its still priced too low. You can send me a personal email if you have any other questions or would like to call me for further information. I think you will find most of your answers on our website and in the reviews. Thanks, Carl
Oh I am sorry to disagree with you. Pros can be so inclined to spend money on the lastest and greatest without weighing the options. But that is just my opinion. you are welcomed to your own.

But Slow down there Carl. You are only DEFENDING your product you are not SELLING your product.

I asked for a feature comparison. Yes in hind site YOU are NOT the one to ask since you are to married to your product.

I would need to have an unbiased review of both, side by side.
Hey sometimes features are just icing or not needed or will be used. I do not like magnet switches so for me that is not going to sell me. Nice you are thinking but really they are a hassle if ou are used to holding legs together when presenting,

As far as I just watched at a link that was provided. the One track also has invidual track settings. I wanted the guy set start and end points of a track with the option to find in and out and the option to auto play to the next track in the sequence. Pretty impressive for $5.

I do not like the buyijet small remotes. They did not work for me. I do use the Nav Pro as it has a better range. For some reason the one Mike likes does not work in my area. I have tried many on that 400 Mhz bandwidth and something makes their response random. The Nav pro is great as I can mount in pocket and have full control. I do not own a touch iphone so have been limited in my show use. I added silent tracks and custom edit music so fade is not a major issue. Would be nice and it seems the $5 app should do it.

As I said, in this topic list you really have not explained the features, rather get your back hair raised and come charging out with guns blazing. For instance, I have no idea what a cue sheet is or why I should need it.

Honestly . anything that involves the screen is ridiculous. If you do not know our show and the song order by the time you are presenting, what good would it do you to see info on a small screen like an iphone? Are you really going to walk over and read your screen? The only need for it is if your remote is non responsive. But then it is not a good remote if you are not positive your tracks will advance when you need it. It is very distracting if the magician has to look over to the side and try to figure something out. Maybe I have missed the crucial need for such things but I have performed for a long time and if a trick screws up or breaks just prior, go to the next piece in the program, No screen will save you. I liked that Onetrack you could order tracks on the fly. So I guess if you are not solo, if the assistant saw the bird died, maybe could remove the track if need be but seriously, such things are so rare....

Carl, don't take it personal, I beg you. I thought the same when they came out with blinking LED and then a screen with big number on it.

I think you have to take a breath and try to SELL your product not defend it. I could care less if a NAME gives you a quote of praise. I am friends with many top names and know they are just people, and while they might not agree, I must say no smarter than the rest of us.

Look Carl, here is how I suggest you approach it. Don't take it so personal and try to win new customers by treating it like any other major business would.
Think of how site and corps present pros of their products and explain key features the competition do not have.

Sorry but this is the free market. I am researching new stilts. I have contacted a few with new innovative designs and they explain why they feel they have the better product. If I questioned some of the statement they made, they both went in to more detail and did not focus on past sales. For instance one of these had a hard rubber sole and I inquired upon the safety in grass and on polished floors. At first he tells me their stilts were used in the Disney John Carter movie IN SAND. I remarked how that is far different than a waxed store floor and that on one web site someone brought out the foot does not grip like it looks like it should.
he then admits they have a new design on the drawing board but could take 2 years. My point being, we had a good conversation and he did not get defensive but explained why he thought their design is safe on most dry surfaces.

I am not attacking you, you have pride and put work in. Honestly I am not an apple fan and would rather have Android apps like this. I am forced into the App-hole world because I want music control.
Powermagic, I told you some of the features and sent you to where you could learn about more Show Cues. The magnetic switch I do not use on my ankles, it is on my pocket and I just tap my pocket to start and fade music. The screen features show up very well on the iPad and on the iPhone or Touch they are very important for when a sound tech may be running your music or as some of the acts use the App, and I have myself, keep the iPhone in a case or on the table so you do see the screen. Anyway there is a lot more to it than I have time to post. I am not trying to defend or sell you the product, you asked about differences and I gave you a few and mentioned where you could get more info as well as unbiased reviews. As a last note, Show Cue will soon have a version for the Android.

All the best,
Carl
Just to get back to the original question...i have both Ultimate Control and ShowCues. Here is what I like and dislike about both.

Ultimate Control is all self contained so I don't have to use my iphone or ipad. These gadgets have a lot of my personal stuff on them and always worry about them being stolen. The screen on the UC is small and all it shows are the track numbers with a color background. I find that I cannot read this display from any distance at my age. In order to get the music on you have to connect to a PC and drag and drop. Not too hard but you have to have the music in an MP3 format which can be a pain. Creating and editing the playlist can be tedeous and long to do if you are using many tracks. The remote is great! Big buttons well spaced out that have a good feel. I never fumble with this remote.

ShowCues uses all he great stuff of itunes in order to make track selection and ordering VERY easy. Getting songs from a cd is as easy as dragging them on the itunes icon on your PC. If you use an ipad you have a nice big screen that is well designed and makes reading at a distance easy. Individual track volumes are easy to set. The BIG drawback from SC is the remote. These remotes are cheap, the buttons are too close together and have little feel to them. Pushing the wrong button or two at a time happens too often for me and sometimes the command does not go through.

The UC I also find is too expensive given the new technologies that are coming out such as SC. If you already have an ipad the choice is easy based on price alone.

So on more forma, well rehearsed shows where the tracks will not change and I don't need to look at the screen I use the UC because of the dependability of the remote. For smaller shows where tracks can get changed I use the SC because of he screen size.

Hope this helps someone.
Powermagic,

It sounds like you've already made up your mind about ShowCues, so why come on the thread and attack Carl's excellent app. You say you know your show, so a screen is pointless, but then you say you want to change in and out points, and link tracks together? If your show remains the same, this is easily done with editing software and loaded into a playlist prior to performance. My show can be fluid. Something may happen outwith my control, and I have to skip a portion of my performance or cut a show short. A screen makes it simple to skip forward tracks on the fly and see exactly where you are, what's cued ready to go, and what's coming up next. So if the 'bird died' you can skip it and continue.... Who needs an assistant??

Also you say you have no idea what a cue sheet is?? Seriously? I find it hard to believe that a working pro with music in their act has never heard of a cue sheet?? So a theatre sound man automatically knows your act when you walk thru the door??

Finally, Carl can defend his product all he wants. It's his baby, and he should be proud because it's awesome, and gets better with every update. To me it's worth every penny I paid for it!

Gary
GaryDunn,

The person your defending is a big boy and can depend himself.

Powermagic is entitled to HIS opinion and it's also justifiable and he does have some points. Though he may not have the same tastes and may not share your fetish of having a monkey stick a banana up your nose.

Also many pro don't use CueSheets. Many theaters have XLR inputs (snakes) near the stage. A direct box to XLR would do the trick. It's always best to control your own sound rather than have some random guy mess your cues. The sound guy in general should only be used to adjust individual levels especially if you have no experience with the person.
I went the cheap route at first and tried OneTrack; it may meet 95% of my needs but ShowCues meets 100%. The price between the 2 apps is not important to me. What is important is providing my clients and audiences a great show and ShowCues has aided in that.

However, I can't offer any advice about Ultimate Control as I've never used it.
[quote]
On 2013-05-23 08:13, M Sini wrote:
I went the cheap route at first and tried OneTrack; it may meet 95% of my needs but ShowCues meets 100%. The price between the 2 apps is not important to me. What is important is providing my clients and audiences a great show and ShowCues has aided in that.

However, I can't offer any advice about Ultimate Control as I've never used it.
[/quote]
In short: same experience, same opinion. Jan
M Sini,

Curious, what feature is not present in OneTrack to meet 100% satisfaction.
Cue sheets seem to be a big difference for some people. I, personally, don't need cue sheets because I have run my own music by remote control for years. I don't work in many formal theaters and, even if I did, I would still prefer to run my music myself. (As gothike described, I use a direct box to connect into one of the mic lines on stage.) For those that do work in formal theaters regularly and do have to provide cue sheets, I could see where Show Cues would be a great way to go.
Michael,

A Beta version of OneTrack has CueSheets which has been in development for the past 6 months. Not sure when it will be released.

It is best to go with the Direct Box (DI Box) though. I like personally keeping my laptop as close as possible. In case anyone is interested this is the DI box I use:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/316739.html

It converts stereo into mono, it's passive (no battery needed). I can connect an iPhone, iPad, computer, via RCA cable and it converts the signal properly to microphone signal.
Here's the AV Direct Box that I've been using for a couple of years. http://www.fullcompass.com/product/341555.html It's almost half the price and it works great.
[quote]
On 2013-05-23 17:13, gothike wrote:
M Sini,

[/quote]

Michael's response about the cue sheets is spot on why I prefer ShowCues. It's almost like he read my mind...(or maybe we exchanged PM's) :)
Oh my, we are getting complicated, so what speakers are added to this mix? Got any references?

iPod Touch, Remote, DI Box! So what else is needed to get some sound to the audience?
Bill, I use a Mackie 402 -VLZ3 Mixer ...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/402VLZ3/

.... and a Mackie SRM350 self-powerted speaker:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SRM350v2/

Michael Messing recently posted about a Behringer Mixer, which is very similar to the Mackie, on sale for half price.

Arthur Stead
http://www.arthurstead.com
[quote]
On 2013-05-24 14:35, M Sini wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-05-23 17:13, gothike wrote:
M Sini,

[/quote]

Michael's response about the cue sheets is spot on why I prefer ShowCues. It's almost like he read my mind...(or maybe we exchanged PM's) :)
[/quote]

LOL! Yes, we did discuss this but it also become apparent that several other people really like that feature.
Is OneTrack still alive and being updated for free? Or is it obsolete now and been replaced with something new?
OneTrack was last updated on Jan. 23 so it's still being kept up to date. Definitely not obsolete.
Spent most of the day checking out onetrack and setting up my playlists.

I have an mp3tech, but am planning to use this for backup.

I see that OneTrack has cue sheets now. So… are there other big differences between this and show cues?
Tim there are still quite a few differences and more being added all the time. Clocks, timers, display, looping, on screen cue sheets, programmable remote button with extra features, etc. There will be a really big addition in the next few months! Check out the website for more info on Show Cues http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm
Thanks Carl. We met many years ago when you lectured in Chicago and I'm a big fan of your work.
Thank you Tim and you are correct Mike. Hijacking should be illegal :) I should also say the iJet works fine but you can actually use any remote with Show Cues. Also we have a couple exciting things in the works about the remote that will blow all others away. Can't say more at this time. Show Cues fans stay tuned. PS If you want celebrity endorsements, there are a ton of them on our website.
I just found this thread. Hadn't checked in a while.
There are benefits and problems with every device. One problem is no matter what device it is, it can get broken. Remote left in your pants in the wash, kicked off a stage by accident, jack tweaked by a genius stage hand, rained on... that can happen to any of them. So, what do you do with your $1000 paper weight when this happens? I offer a UNLIMITED warranty for the Ultimate Control that covers everything (except theft and loss). No need to call and lie about it like you do with your cell phone. If it fell in the toilet, you can tell me :o)
First month is free then its $4.99 per month. So, at $399 purchase price that means you would have to go 6 years and 8 months without breaking it or needing a repair before that $4.99 per month started to look like a bad investment. Better yet, you call and report a problem and your replacement goes out NOW. You don't have to wait til we get your old device. You send that back later.

The remote for Ultimate Control really makes it stand out. See what Dana Daniels says (http://youtu.be/J0v8IkyLhzQ) and Shimshi in Las Vegas (http://youtu.be/GpRxQCP_BGA)
Ah, if only I could combine the Ultimate Control remote with the Sound Cue system on my ipad I would be a happy guy indeed.
I have seen both remotes. Cc uses the Linx Technologies hardware and long range chips.

I have seen the UC system in person, it works but I personally use a laptop so I can control music and lights. Some local performer has one.

All the IJet needs is for someone to change the antenna to a 1/4 wave wire and that should in theory pickup a 200ft trigger.

But in stage and theatre settings, your using a XLR snake or direct box on stage. In the past 10 years I have yet had a venue that I triggered from more than 30ft.

The biggest problem is their sustainability, they basically recreated an Icue 2. The remote is targeted to users that need a 300 ft trigger, in the United States ONLY. The remotes are only FCC licensee in the USA and illegal to export internationally.

Plus their iphone/iPad app is proprietary. Meaning, if they stop updating the app then you have a $600 paper work. I did plead with them to change the remotes so they can control all the 3rd party app but they are ignorant. I still don't understand how they will remain profitable.

Eventually Ijets tech will stick a better antenna on the Ijet and it will work from far away.
Yes, we have an extended range remote for the UC but we don't push it. The regular remote is plenty. When you are on stage the ease of use of the UC remote is key. You really only need one button and it is on the side of the remote and all the buttons are raised and shaped. BTW the UC is remote is legal in most countries. I have sent it all over the world without problems. Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Lichtenstein (yes that's a country), Australia, Israel, even Belgium! And they are strict!!

To me it boils down to the fact that I can press the button thru my pants without looking or thinking. The other remotes are like car alarm remotes and when's the last time you unlocked your car with the remote in your pocket? Typically you have to look at it even though it is something you do many times a day.

You are right though gothike, you can't do lights with UC. So, I am out of the hunt :o)
Well my money is on the Ultimate Control. Function, Reliability, the user list is a who's, best Warranty, and backed up by someone who is not only a nice guy, but has one of the best reputations in this business, bar none. Thos are the first things I look for. I have ben around quite a while, many of you know my engineering backgroud, and certainly reputations as a dealer, and I only do business with those who believe in what I do. Brian is one of them. Higeest recommendation, and I saw Arthur Steed loves it as well. For those of you who do not know Arthur, he toured with Peter Frampton, has thousands of writing credits to his name, and that client list is a who's who in the music industry, moveie scores,and knows music and music technology better than most. that's my 2 cents.
OK guys, I am going to ask a question and please let me apologize upfront if this has been asked before.

Is any of these apps capable of using or adapting a secret remote (magnetic, armpit, heels, etc....)
Are all these apps just capable of palying the next track with the fader orrrrrr do I have the capability of having a track played as a background and add funny sounds as needed as I press the remote?

Thanks, your answers will be appreciated.
For the Ultimate Control- we have an optional toe switch and ankle switch. You get an additional fully functional remote with a RCA plug on it. We send you either the toe or ankle switch (your choice) that plugs into that remote. The remote gets strapped to your ankle so there is no wire running up your pants and you don't have to take your pants off or do any questionable maneuvers to get the ankle switch set. You just pull up your pant leg. For the toe switch of course you need to put it inside your shoe.

As far as what it does- the switch works the fade/play button. So, you can use it to fade out a currently playing song or start a song that is cued up. You can set the track volume so that track plays as background music without having to change the volume manually.

As far as playing another track (funny sounds) at the same time- no. You can't play 2 tracks at the same time with 1 ultimate control.

Hope this helps :o)

Maybe one of the other devices does do that? I am sure they will answer too.
One more note- since you get an extra remote for the toe/ankle switch you still have your remote you keep in your pocket or on your belt to do any other functions as needed. But unless you need to skip a trick or the room gets louder the fade out button is likely the only button you will need during the show.
THIS IS A RE-POST OF MY FEBRUARY 8TH POST IN REGARD TO CUE COMMAND: Let me first preference this post by saying I am in no way affiliated with TDS/Cue Command. I do not work for them nor do I know them. I'm just a full time performer who does 150-175 shows, consistently for the past 27 years, and depend heavily on music in my stage hypnosis and comedy magic shows. I've owned Virtual Soundman, MP3Tech, Show Cues and now Cue Command. VSM worked good but issues with iPods and remotes lead me to the MP3Tech. That product worked great but the digital read out was too small forcing me to Show Cues. The Show Cues app is wonderful and Carl Andrews is nothing but extremely supportive, however, I had HUGE HUGE issues with the iJet remotes and I own 4 of them. That issue then led me to Cue Command. I can honestly say that the Cue Command device is without question the most reliable wireless music control device that I've owned. Period. Since purchasing it several months ago I've performed at colleges, high schools, at corporate events and at Foxwood's Casino where my performance is featured twice a month, so, obviously I need not to be worried about my music. Cue Command offers that peace of mind. When I press play...the music plays. When I press forward...the track advances. When I'm 50, 75 or even 100 feet away...THE DEVICE WORKS! For me it was the best investment I could have made. So, there you have it. My opinion. Again, I am in no way affiliated with this company but am more than glad to give it my total, complete, 100% endorsement. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. james.spinnato@snet.net
[quote]On May 20, 2013, Carl Andrews wrote:
As a last note, Show Cue will soon have a version for the Android.
[/quote]
When are you expecting that Carl?