(Close Window)
Topic: Performing at a local bar in New York City, my first time there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xzHt1ATyx4

Was there for a wedding over the weekend, and hit up some local bars. Might as well perform while I'm at it. Enjoy!

-Durgy
Durgy, that was very good. Is this your effect that you created? It looks awesome in that everything can be borrowed. Impromptu magic at its best. Great work.
Great effect!
Great effect, I love magic with pones, evverybody carries one now.
[quote]
On 2013-05-18 07:21, Billman wrote:
Durgy, that was very good. Is this your effect that you created? It looks awesome in that everything can be borrowed. Impromptu magic at its best. Great work.
[/quote]

Hey Billman,

This is not my effect. I learned this very recently by Michael Durrant (but it's not invented by him either).

The basic effect is called TOXIC - can be performed in many different ways of course.
I too love this effect and am very happy I learned it as it gets great reactions every time I do it (have only been performing it for a few weeks).

Cards and coins sometimes get too much, so this is a nice change for me. And like you said, magic with borrowed objects is great! In fact, you barely need to touch anything in this particular routine, so you can focus all your energy on your presentation and acting.

-Durgy
Is Toxic available for purchase?
Fantastic video, thanks for posting it.
I have no idea how that works, and the reaction was great. Excellent effect.

P!
I think that the original effect is from BOB KING nd then there's several versions, Osterlind,Curzon...
I like stuff like this. :) And durgy, you're right, sometimes it's good to break away from the coins and cards. :) I do a couple of things along this to mix things up some, like The Hoy Book Test, or Ultimate Positive Negative. These effects always kill and are a good way to show your skill in other forms of closeup as they lend themselves to a great deal of interaction and presentation.

Good job with this effect, seems like a real winner for you. :)

-Mb
Next time your in NYC, lemme know!
Very nice. The serial number is a great touch.
[quote]
On 2013-05-19 22:06, Chad Sanborn wrote:
Is Toxic available for purchase?
[/quote]

The principle is explained in detail on Mate Sconce's "Note" DVD. Very versatile technique that coincidentally I have been using in exactly the same way as this video
I liked it!!!