(Close Window)
Topic: Can I Try Those?
How do y'all handle it when spectators in a walk around setting want to use your clubs or other juggling equipment? My inclination is to let them try the clubs and whatever they do, help get everyone clapping. Is this a good idea? What do y'all do?
Tony
In 30 years I have never run into anyone with enough skill to do anything but make me look even better. I not only let them play with my stuff I will give them a quickie juggling lesson because walk around jugglers are supposed to interact with their audience.
I don't do it with my contact juggling balls, because I don't want to have them drop and ruin the finish. But then again, for standard juggling I usually let them try unless I'm working with bouncy balls. I do offer a brief rundown of how to learn to juggle but do not spend a whole lot of time on the subject. Of course because of the environments that I find myself performing in (which are often more formal) those questions don't get asked as much as when busking or working at a fair.
I love to be surrounded by 20 teenage boys. They all want to make "The old man" look silly, and after about two minutes of trying to show me up they call me sir. LOL