(Close Window)
Topic: Gigmasters question
Hey folks,

I've been a Gigmasters member for many years, always doing a local membership (100 mile radius). Six months ago I purchased a professional membership with broader exposure (500 miles) with virtually no results. (I received 4 leads) While I may appear in search results 500 miles away, I'm pretty sure I'm at the bottom of the list. Therefore I rarely see leads that aren't local. Its time for me to renew again and I'm debating what to do. I'm curious if anyone has had good results with booking a professional or gold membership that provides 500+ miles.

I've even gone so far as creating a profile in another city that will expand my exposure. Still virtually no results.

Feedback is appreciated

thanks in advance
shawn
It depends on what kind of business you do, I find the 500 mile thing irritating most of the time...but I still get three to four shows that wouldn't otherwise have been available a year. This pays the price of membership many times over. Just get used to turning down most of the far away stuff and waiting for a plum to come down through the pipes.

I understand every market is different though.

David
Here is a recent run down on Gigmasters
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=512669&forum=44&18
There are also many better threads on here about Gigmasters than that one.
Mindpro- care to share them since you brought it up :)
Nope, lol. If I had easy access to them I would but members can do their searches. I remember contributing with David Thiel and others and they were quite more informative that recent threads. I don't mind sharing but draw the line on doing searches for others.
I had better results 1.5 yrs ago with G.M. then recently. Plus, I found local just as good as the 3000 mile radius.
Mindpro, thanks for your help... perhaps a few thoughts from your contributions rather than just telling me to do a search. As you have eluded to, there is not an easy way to access the previous threads. I tried doing a search and spent more than an hour weeding through all the posts. I felt it would be easier to post a specific question.

David, thanks for your insight. Curtis thanks for the link. I appreciate your time.

Any additional feedback is appreciated.
I think the reason some had great success and others not is the internet along with SEO is evolving. What worked great a year or two ago does not pass muster today. Or not as much anyway. Look at google for instance and the slideshow that pops up now when you google entertainment.
Mindpro
Have you had any direct experience with Gigmasters?
Of course. Do you think I would offer such extensive advice on Gigmasters and not have any direct experience?
If you search in TMC for Keyword: "Gigmasters", User name "Mindpro" or Thiel" in "Tricky Business" you will see a number of discussions. Some have quite a bit of info. Not sure if it covers what you are looking for but interesting just the same.
[quote]
On 2013-07-01 23:48, Mindpro wrote:
Of course. Do you think I would offer such extensive advice on Gigmasters and not have any direct experience?
[/quote]

That would be par foe the course here LOL. Not for you buy for the Café.
Shawn,

When I was in Denver the Gold membership was well worth it. Granted this was a few years ago, but I was able to show up in many rural areas where there were few (if any) local performers. I ended up doing several showing in Kansas, Nebraska, and Wyoming. I also booked some shows further afield.

For it to still be worth it today, however, you need to have at least a few thousand in your current booking dollars (last six months) since this heavily influences your position in the list. If you don't have that, you will likely not be seen. If you do have the booking dollars then I'd renew at the gold level for another quarter and see if you get an uptick from holiday bookings.

Hope that helps.
Great advice Michael! Thanks

BTW, when you gonna call me? ;-)
[quote]
On 2013-07-02 09:24, Carducci wrote:
Shawn,

When I was in Denver the Gold membership was well worth it. Granted this was a few years ago, but I was able to show up in many rural areas where there were few (if any) local performers. I ended up doing several showing in Kansas, Nebraska, and Wyoming. I also booked some shows further afield.

For it to still be worth it today, however, you need to have at least a few thousand in your current booking dollars (last six months) since this heavily influences your position in the list. If you don't have that, you will likely not be seen. If you do have the booking dollars then I'd renew at the gold level for another quarter and see if you get an uptick from holiday bookings.

Hope that helps.
[/quote]

Yes and those stars take a long while to build up also. I think I will take a break from GM when this year's membership runs out. With all the new changes now and coming for internet marketing, I will be looking at advancement in my positions overall for the new world order. :kewl: