(Close Window)
Topic: CoinCidence...
What th?.. [url=http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15647]Coincidence[/url] ..
Looks really cool...
I was wandering the same thing. Looks really good but!

RNK
This really looks too good to be true... Incredible and have no idea.
The European version with EUROS is coming later this year.
Maybe that was the ideal outcome version...
Hope not, in the description sounds like the same outcome everytime - as seen in the demo. Fingers crossed the reviews will be v good!
I was informed by Penguin Magic that while this item is not yet in the warehouse, the video shows the best possible outcome.
If the coins are fixed, how is this the best possible outcome? Fixed suggests this is the ONLY outcome. What other outcome might there be?

Would like to see some additional outcomes. WHat they look like etc
There are different ways to reveal a prediction. Removing the lid to show the glued coins is perhaps one of the possible ways to reveal the prediction.
The ad says that they include the eight coins, quarter, dime, nickel and penny. So only 8 coins are used. very interesting.

RNK
If this works how I think it does, then there are no multiple out needed.
[quote]
On 2013-08-08 15:14, minderX wrote:
If this works how I think it does, then there are no multiple out needed.
[/quote]

Get some superglue whilst they are in a hypnotic trance. Pretty easy method :)
Hello everyone,

We have this in stock for immediate delivery. Four coins are displayed atop a small box. The spectator is asked what number that they would like you to move each coin to. This is a free choice no force. Once all 4 coins have been moved to their chosen spots the panel/lid is slid off and your prediction coins match exactly (in the same position) and are all glued firmly in place. This can all be handed out for examination if so desired.
This is super easy to do and the outcome can be different each time. Oh and one more thing...The coins that you use can be borrowed if you want. Hope this information is helpful..Now I have to finish packing for MAGIC Live...

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
16 outcomes, if my math is correct. That would be a LOT of outs
Vernon, 24 possible outcomes. 4x3x2x1=24 Waiting for a full review????
I got it. It can be a different outcome every time. No multiple outs. You lift the lid and the coins match, simple as that.
Rowdy, What is the "manupulation" requirements on our part. Anything like crazy sleights or massive finger bending?
Also, any more of a detailed review would be helpful.
Can it be modified to use non-US coins?
No manipulation at all. Just like in the video. And by the way, there is no "best case scenario". Who ever said that at Penguin did not know what they were talking about. You simply slide the coin of their choice to the number of their choice and the work is done for you.

With that said, the coins are not glued in place like they say, but perhaps the spectator might "think" they are.
Ohh no if they are not glued at end then its has a very obvious explanation :(
Agree with Shakuni unless they l--k in place and appear glued very obvious IMO
If you were a layman, what would you guess is the approach used to make this work? I think the fact that a layman has a "guess" truly weakens the "magic" of the plot.

Regards,
Mike
Question is can the spectator examine the coins once the tray is opened... Yes Or No?

If yes then I'm in...

-Bobby
[quote]
On 2013-08-13 17:58, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Question is can the spectator examine the coins once the tray is opened... Yes Or No?

If yes then I'm in...

-Bobby
[/quote]

Get your money out. The coins can be borrowed and when opened the coins are glued in place.
This one looks really great! Anyone would like to share a review?
Coins are not glued in the literal sense.
Simple question for those that have it:

If the spectator can examine everything, and they find that the coins are 'glued' in place...if they really tried...could they move the coins? If the answer is, yes if you leave it with them and let them pull and twist to their hearts desire, then I'm in. A simple few seconds trying to move the coins is enough for a spectator to believe they are glued solid. I like this a lot and really want to buy one. I can already see how I want to use it.

Steph
Looks great. If I was examining it as an average spectator, I don't think I'd apply an unreasonable amount of force, for fear of damaging another person's property.
No you cant let them try to move the coins
Hey Guys,

I got this here at live and I love it. This is not something I would do on a regular basis but I believe it is super fooling and Ive done a handful of times and reactions have been great! The props themselves are made well and should last for a long time and the method is a little more sneaky then you may think. I like it.

Kyle
Have it.

When lid removed what spectator sees are coins held in place by equivalent of sticky tape.
Can anyone give an in depth review? Is it a finger buster to move things, does it always match the spectators choice or is there some "pre work" that needs to be done. Is there any "magic" noise as the coins are moved etc.?????
No finger busting moves. Always matches 100%. No noise.
SEO has this back in stock now.
This was one of the HOT items at the Phoenix I.B.M. Convention this year. The entire dealer stock was sold out before the end of the second day.

It's a good, practical and easy-to-do "trick" that lends itself well to being a pre-qualifying test to determine an audience member's suitability to participate in other ESP experiments.

Julie
Any chance of a british coin version?
Yes please... British coin version
I picked this up at Magic Live. Very clever method. Not something you would use for walk around but great as a piece in a formal show or something cool to show your friends or magic buddies. I was not disappointed with this.

John
Any euro version ?
Does anybody know, where I can order the YEN currency version !

I think this four coins look very interesting
( big sizes, all different in color and shapes > one with a hole)

I' m afraid there will never be a swiss currency version

Magic Chris
If you have coins that are similar in shape and size you could probably adapt this to work. Don't want to say anymore on the public forum. I am sure you could order the Yen version directly from Kries http://www.kreis-magic.com/product/list_en.htm#mpp

While on the site I noticed Kries has a new version of Micro Psychic coming out. Looks like a larger bolt but the nut can spin both ways.

John
This is a neat little effect. I'm not fond of the prep which must be done before each use but it won't be bad if I can find a supplier...
Shadow, I knew there was a catch. Can you elaborate with a little more in depth review?
Prep is pretty minimal, not sure what you mean by a supplier?
Apparently there is some material you need to use to so the prework set up? Is the material hard to come by? Is it expensive and do you need a lot of it? C'mon guys, a real review please ?!?!? Not every popular seller is a great trick when you get them home and find out what you need going forward !!
Robfind, have stated prep is minimal after the initial setup, they give you extra material as back up. Trick and method is very cool but as I stated above doubtful anyone will use this beyond a formal presentation or for friends casually. I love clever tricks with novel methods so am very happy with it, if you are looking for something to do for walkaround or repeated performances than probably not the best choice. Does that help?

John
Hi, I bought this last week so I would like to share this with you.The effect is exactly as shown, everytime you perform it you will have a different outcome and there are no outs. The effect is 100% self working and very easy to do.
A few points to consider, this isn't a strolling trick and doesn't reset, you can't just pull this out of your pocket and go, so for strolling magicians look elsewhere. The plus side, the effect looks impossible and used in the right place it is a very strong piece of mentalism. The coins are pretty much stuck down, well enough so the spectator can casually try to dislodge them, the coins can be borrowed and there are no outs whatsoever. You do need another gimmick which is supplied, while this works brilliantly one or two people may find using it a little inconvenient, as I did, so I came up with a way to eliminate it and made up another gimmick which for me works a dream, and no prior set up is now needed.

Was it worth purchasing, definitely, the effect looks impossible to the audience, the method is very clever and with a little thought even one of the gimmicks which for me was a little inconvenient can be adapted to make it always ready to go. (Those of you who have this please email proof of purchase and I will explain my gimmick, gary@garyjonesmagic.com )

Gary Jones.
Gary, A much better review. Thanks. One question, do you need to keep buying stuff to keep performing this? Kind of like a refill thing? Tricks like that get expensive. If we need to do that, how much is the refill? Need to know this before I take the plunge. I'm not cray about refill tricks.
[quote]
On 2013-08-25 12:21, robfind wrote:
Gary, A much better review. Thanks. One question, do you need to keep buying stuff to keep performing this? Kind of like a refill thing? Tricks like that get expensive. If we need to do that, how much is the refill? Need to know this before I take the plunge. I'm not cray about refill tricks.
[/quote]

The only thing you need to replace is something you probably already have at home, but if you have to buy some it would cost you pennies and you can buy it in just about any stationary shop, or most shops come to that! You won't need to replace this all that often either so it will probably cost about 1 for a lifetime's supply!

Gary.
Thanks again Gary for your comments and comprehensive review.

Nathan

On 2013-08-25 14:02, gjmagic wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-08-25 12:21, robfind wrote:
[/quote]

The only thing you need to replace is something you probably already have at home, but if you have to buy some it would cost you pennies and you can buy it in just about any stationary shop, or most shops come to that! You won't need to replace this all that often either so it will probably cost about 1 for a lifetime's supply!

Gary.
[/quote]
...guess it sounds better when Gary says it... kidding, thanks Gary and I agree with your points. Would love to hear about your alternative set up, will send a PM.

Cheers,

John
Thank you Gary. When I take the plunge I will PM you to get your new way of doing the dirty work.
Here's a presentation from Chris Ballinger:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9kJ72D7Cyw]Click here[/url]

:spinningcoin:

Magic Chris
Has anyone experienced trouble with the gaff working properly. I have two sets and I found that the thickness of the nickel prevents the proper working. I sanded the nickel down and it works as it should. I have to assume that I am not the only one to experience this.
I also experienced some difficulty with the nickel, will try your solution, thanks.

John
Yes, a thumbs-down from me as well. This thing works about 20% of the time... I'm guessing it's the nickel problem (depending on where the nickel is requested to be moved). So you're actually sanding a nickel to get this to work? I don't see myself having that done, so I'll have to send this back. Too bad, I really like the idea... too bad the execution is so flawed.
The thickness of the nickel can be easily worked around. Slide the nickel into position with your index finger and let your gimmicked middle finger rest in front of the nickel as you move it. This way the thickness of the nickel is irrelevant and no longer causes a problem.
[quote]
On 2013-09-17 11:19, sabitu wrote:
The thickness of the nickel can be easily worked around. Slide the nickel into position with your index finger and let your gimmicked middle finger rest in front of the nickel as you move it. This way the thickness of the nickel is irrelevant and no longer causes a problem.
[/quote]

That's been tested. If all other coins but the interior nickel are removed it still cannot make the trip to the ending position 80% of the time.
I had problems but remade this with english currency and it works perfectly. Without giving too much away, don't use coins, use s**lls instead.

best,
Sean
[quote]
On 2013-08-25 05:52, gjmagic wrote:
Hi, I bought this last week so I would like to share this with you.The effect is exactly as shown, everytime you perform it you will have a different outcome and there are no outs. The effect is 100% self working and very easy to do.
A few points to consider, this isn't a strolling trick and doesn't reset, you can't just pull this out of your pocket and go, so for strolling magicians look elsewhere. The plus side, the effect looks impossible and used in the right place it is a very strong piece of mentalism. The coins are pretty much stuck down, well enough so the spectator can casually try to dislodge them, the coins can be borrowed and there are no outs whatsoever. You do need another gimmick which is supplied, while this works brilliantly one or two people may find using it a little inconvenient, as I did, so I came up with a way to eliminate it and made up another gimmick which for me works a dream, and no prior set up is now needed.

Was it worth purchasing, definitely, the effect looks impossible to the audience, the method is very clever and with a little thought even one of the gimmicks which for me was a little inconvenient can be adapted to make it always ready to go. (Those of you who have this please email proof of purchase and I will explain my gimmick, gary@garyjonesmagic.com )

Gary Jones.
[/quote]

Has Gary got back to anybody that contacted him about his idea for the gimmick used? I understand he is busy, though I emailed him Sept. 16th about his idea and he never got back to me? If he did get back to anyone with his idea can you please PM me?

Thanks!
RNK
Not yet, asked him about the nickel problem.
Does anyone have a way to make this work??? I mean that works 100% with NO problems?
[quote]
On 2013-10-03 13:10, RNK wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-08-25 05:52, gjmagic wrote:

Gary Jones.
[/quote]

Has Gary got back to anybody that contacted him about his idea for the gimmick used? I understand he is busy, though I emailed him Sept. 16th about his idea and he never got back to me? If he did get back to anyone with his idea can you please PM me?

Thanks!
RNK
[/quote]

Whoops sorry RNK! I have contacted/replied to quite a number of emails but some have obviously slipped through the net so please accept my apologies my friend. If I just say here that I push the coins into position with the eraser end of a pencil would this make sense ;-)

If you want to resend me your email if the above doesn't make sense I will get straight back to you, just to let you know though I am back on the road from Tue to the following Sun!

Gary.
The factor that no-one has yet announced is the "announcement" of the travelling coin(s). I have coinCidence & it is a Great trick! Yes, the coins do perfectly align themselves with the spectator's uncanny ability (or the amazing precognitive capacity of the mind-reader) to connect the coins on the 'table-top to the PREDICTED coins below, but there is a noise factor that I'm surprised about; namely that (as far as I have read) how can the sliding action on the coins get past the spectator's hearing level; unless the person's high-range has been damaged by too much heavy-metal listening (pun intended for those in the know). But in my little corner of the world . . . give the spectator some ear-plugs before you slide the coin choices into their freely chosen positions, and then we can say that it's truly a MIRACLE MIND BENDER! I do hope that helps and I think there are ways around it, but as Johnny Mathis sings; "It's not for me to say . . ." but pm me, if you like and I'll sing the rest of the tune on the way to handle what I consider the weak point of an otherwise really impressive and well-made ESP style presentation.
EZ, just have patter to say while sliding the coins.
Wayne Dobson's "Taking Notes" is just as impressive to me and uses ungaffed currency, albeit not coins. It always works.
I did a lot of updating to make this effect a killer effect. PM me if interested.