(Close Window)
Topic: 10" linking rings (8set)
I was look for some 10" linking rings (8set) in the price range $50-$100
I found some by googling but don't know if their quality.
.... Patience :) there is a good set coming out soon through Ellusionist
What did you find? Klamm Magic has an excellent set for $88.00. Plus their service is outstanding - I once broke a ring, and they replaced it free of charge - including the postage!

Jim
Hey jimhlou- how did you break a ring? I've beat the crap out of mine but can't seem to break them. I need an excuse to justify to my wife the need for a better set.
I got a used set off of eBay- 10 inches and they have served me well for years. Mine are heavy but I'm used to handling them. I'm sure the first time I touch an Owens set I'm going to want one.
If you were to "misplace" your rings, you would need yo replace them, right? I believe you still have my mailing address...
I was practicing the "crash link" by throwing the ring in the air. I missed and it hit the carpeted floor. It popped apart. I assume it was a defective weld from the beginning.

Jim
Yeah , I missed a few crash links myself on our hardwood floors. My wife is still ****ed at me.
[quote]
On 2013-09-12 00:48, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
Yeah , I missed a few crash links myself on our hardwood floors. My wife is still ****ed at me.
[/quote]

Ouch.

To warn you: Those rings can be an instrument of destruction to both your hardwood floors AND you if she ever decides to launch one or more of them at you in an act of revenge...

What you said about the Owens set is quite true - they make you immediately want a sent once you touch them. However if they never enter the realm of your current budget, the Klamm rings are indeed fantastic!
Yeah. I'm afraid of touching the Owen Rings. I think I got my set off of ebay- used. They are probably 40 years old but they still look good and I can operate very nicely.
I'm also reluctant to touch a nice set of cups- I have the Penguin cups that I beat the snot out of and they have served me well. I just know the first time I touch a R2T set or a Johnson set, my Penguin cups will be forever on the shelf (or listed on the Café).
I have a 4 rings 12 inch set of Owen for sale. They are in great condition. The fourth ring was bought 2 years ago directly from Owens. This is a locking locking set.
Please PM if interested.
Tricky Ricky